9.7

New Haven, CT 06511
203-785-4708

1 patient review filtered by:

2020, Consult
I only saw him [Dr. Seli] once for an initial appointment. He was very clear in explaining the reproductive process and how fertility treatments work. It was very science based, and I found it helpful. He discussed different options and identified potential areas that may impact the fertility journey...After my husband and I saw the doctor and had blood drawn for genetic testing, baseline labs, etc, I was recommended by the nurse to lose a lot of weight before they could proceed with ANY treatment.
RMA has a strict BMI cutoff. I called to ask this before starting, and the information I was provided was only partial information. After my husband and I saw the doctor and had blood drawn for genetic testing, baseline labs, etc, I was recommended by the nurse to lose a lot of weight before they could proceed with ANY treatment...We left feeling humiliated and hopeless, the exact opposite of how you should feel especially seeking fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Emre Seli at RMA of New Jersey?
I only saw him once for an initial appointment. He was very clear in explaining the reproductive process and how fertility treatments work. It was very science based, and I found it helpful. He discussed different options and identified potential areas that may impact the fertility journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emre Seli at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
After the consult with the doctor, the nurse went over next steps. Since my BMI was too high for them to be willing to do anything, she proceeded to write after each follow up step “after BMI is under” their limit. Like, we got it. I even had her confirm with the doctor that they would not even try IUI, since both my husband and I were under the impression that we could do IUI while I attempted to get under their BMI limit. It felt very cold.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
If you’re too overweight, beware. I called before I went and asked about BMI limit. I was told what BMI limit for IVF, and I understood this to mean the limit was for IVF only, as they did not explain otherwise. At my appointment, the doctor was very thorough discussing reproductive medicine. And he mentioned not being able to do IVF but starting with IUI after the initial testing. My husband and I had bloodwork done. We last met with the nurse who proceeded to tell us the next steps. But after almost all next steps, she proceeded to write that it was only once my BMI was under their cutoff. Most offices will say it is due to anesthesia. But IUI does not use anesthesia at all. RMA will not provide any treatment if you are over their BMI limit, period. I find the practice to be fat phobic as there is no reason why they could not choose to move forward with IUI. There should have been informed consent before we had an appointment and tons of testing completed, as I would not have proceeded with the appointment. It felt humiliating, and we left feeling completely hopeless. I have gone elsewhere since and felt treated with respect every time.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Per my previous statement, they were unclear about BMI limits even though I specifically called. They should be upfront about this and communicate it clearly, as the appointment was a complete waste of time. We left feeling humiliated and hopeless, the exact opposite of how you should feel especially seeking fertility treatments.
Emre Seli