9.7

Stamford, CT 06912
150 Sargent Drive
New Haven, CT 06511
203-785-4708

Because I have PCOS and my ovaries are easily stimulated, he [Dr. Emre Seli] chose for one embryo [transfer] because it was the most healthiest for my body...He called me personally to check up on me and to see where I was at mentally especially after my egg retrieval and miscarriage...We had to be careful with the IUI because I had a lot of eggs so since we didn’t want multiples, Dr. Seli took every precaution to make that happen. I had an egg retrieval which produced a lot of eggs. Then onto IVF which resulted in a pregnancy but then a miscarriage. He made sure I was mentally ready and that my body was ready for another chance.
The front desk receptionists [at RMA of New Jersey] were so nice and sweet. Every morning going in to check in, they always greeted you with a smile and made you feel more positive. By the end of my journey, they knew me by name and always made me feel welcome...Because I have PCOS and my ovaries are easily stimulated, he [Dr. Emre Seli] chose for one embryo [transfer] because it was the most healthiest for my body...He called me personally to check up on me and to see where I was at mentally especially after my egg retrieval and miscarriage...We had to be careful with the IUI because I had a lot of eggs so since we didn’t want multiples, Dr. Seli took every precaution to make that happen. I had an egg retrieval which produced a lot of eggs. Then onto IVF which resulted in a pregnancy but the
How was your experience with Emre Seli at RMA of New Jersey?
I couldn’t more more happier that he was my doctor. He took the time to explain everything fully and in detail to make sure we understood him. He always made us feel like we were making the right decisions and calmed our fears at every visit
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emre Seli at RMA of New Jersey?
Be honest with him. Always express your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emre Seli at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Emre Seli used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Because of my insurance I have to do three failed IUI before they would cover my IVF cycles. We had to be careful with the IUI because I had a lot of eggs so since we didn’t want multiples, Dr. Seli took every precaution to make that happen. I had an egg retrieval which produced a lot of eggs. Then onto IVF which resulted in a pregnancy but then a miscarriage. He made sure I was mentally ready and that my body was ready for another chance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne)
In the beginning my nurse was very compassionate and caring. She always answered my questions but towards the end she had a family emergency and hard to get a hold of. The other nurses who filled in for her were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The front desk receptionists were so nice and sweet. Every morning going in to check in, they always greeted you with a smile and made you feel more positive. By the end of my journey, they knew me by name and always made me feel welcome.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emre Seli at RMA of New Jersey.
between the IUI, medication, egg l, embryo storage and IVF cycles, it costed around $10,000. My insurance covered a lot more of it but we did have to take out a loan for $5400 for the retrieval, storage fees and medication.
Describe Emre Seli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Because I have PCOS and my ovaries are easily stimulated, he chose for one embryo because it was the most healthiest for my body
RMA of New Jersey
Basking Ridge

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr Seli is honest, real and empathetic. He takes the time to listen and accepts feedback. He will spend as much time as needed to talk to us and thoroughly answer all of our questions and concerns and tells us the truth about our ability to conceive with the various treatments.... Dr Seli was very clear with his expectations (or lack thereof) in that we were only doing this as it was cheap and so that the insurance company would allow us to move onto IVF.
The clinicv[Yale - New Haven] is clean, coordinated and caring. Privacy is taken seriously and all of the staff we have encountered are knowledgeable and kind. Morning monitoring is on a first-come, first-served basis and is done early and quickly enough to get to work on time. By early afternoon, you typically have heard from your nurse and can check the online portal for your results and a detailed report of what the next steps are (return in X days, increase/decrease/start/stop Z medicine). Everything is very clear and there’s no way to misunderstand anything about how your treatment is going to proceed.
How was your experience with Emre Seli at Yale University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emre Seli at Yale University?
Feel free to ask Dr Seli ALL the questions you want. Come to appointments prepared and don’t leave until you are satisfied with the answers. He will listen and answer all questions and concerns you may have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emre Seli at Yale University?
Dr Seli really spends the time to thoroughly discuss the process, concerns and results. He is honest and forthcoming and laughs at all of our infertility jokes. We always go in with many questions and he takes the time to patiently answer them all.
Describe the protocols Emre Seli used in your cycles at Yale University and their degree of success.
So far, we have completed three cycles of clomid, using a trigger shot with the third. Dr Seli was very clear with his expectations (or lack thereof) in that we were only doing this as it was cheap and so that the insurance company would allow us to move onto IVF. (We have an $11k lifetime maximum of fertility benefits) We then moved onto an IVF cycle, which only produced two decent sized follicles, so we turned that into an (unsuccessful) IUI. It should be noted that Dr Seli was out of the country when we had the two follicles result and Dr Mak called me and spent nearly a half hour on the phone empathizing with our situation and helping me work through the decision as to how to proceed (we literally had just two hours to decide) with the cycle. She even provided me with her mobile phone number and invited me to share it with my fiancé so that he could call her with questions/concerns. We chose to not “waste” those two follicles and turn the cycle into an IUI. Again, Dr Mak was extremely honest in that our chances of conceiving with the IUI were not that great, especially because I had done an additional three days of stims to even get those follicles large enough. We still wanted to try. When we returned to the office to discuss next steps/cost of IVF with Dr Seli (completely out-of-pocket) he was honest that at my age and with our unexplained infertility in addition to the limited success with our previous cycle in getting follicles to grow, our expectation should be to only get one healthy embryo (max). We then brought up the possibility of using known donor eggs (from someone in her early twenties, married, with two beautiful children) for the next cycle. Well, Dr Seli’s eyes lit up! We then very bluntly asked him what our chances were with my eggs vs a very healthy donor’s eggs and he honestly told us less than 10% vs greater than 60%. Well all my fiancé and I did was look at each other, look back at Dr Seli and say, okay, what do we have to do to use our donor? We have just started the donor testing and hope to get this party started in the next month or two. To be continued...
Describe your experience with your nurse at Yale University. (Assigned nurse: Joanne)
Our nurse is so kind, empathetic and responds right away to questions or concerns. Joanne is the best!
Describe your experience with Yale University.
The clinic is clean, coordinated and caring. Privacy is taken seriously and all of the staff we have encountered are knowledgeable and kind. Morning monitoring is on a first-come, first-served basis and is done early and quickly enough to get to work on time. By early afternoon, you typically have heard from your nurse and can check the online portal for your results and a detailed report of what the next steps are (return in X days, increase/decrease/start/stop Z medicine). Everything is very clear and there’s no way to misunderstand anything about how your treatment is going to proceed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emre Seli at Yale University.
So far, we have only used our insurance benefits. To be continued...
2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr Seli was thorough in his process. He would review my chat every time with me, ask if there were changes at all too...He was fairly prompt and always completed what I needed done in a timely manner...We transferred two the first time and they both took. The second time we only transferred one and it took. He made sure to put in the best embryos each time and their process in doing so is well done.
It’s a very small clinic [at Yale University]. The staff is kind, the facility is ok looking. But don’t be intimidated by the appearance. Sometimes getting ahold of someone can take some time but they started using an online app that helps make communication quicker...They were very friendly. They would always talk kindly to me during blood draws or procedures. They explained things thoroughly and got back to me fairly quickly with my questions
How was your experience with Emre Seli at Yale University?
Dr Seli was thorough in his process. He would review my chat every time with me, ask if there were changes at all too. He talked about his own personal things and ask about my own. He was fairly prompt and always completed what I needed done in a timely manner.
Ask questions no matter what!
Dr Seli was level with me about everything. He would ask about my children and seemed genuine with his approach to helping me build my family. He would talk of his own child that was a preemie after my twins were born prematurely.
We used just estrogen and progesterone for our cycle. It gradually increased each week until transfer date. Then we continued with progesterone until 12 weeks where I weaned off.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Yale University.
Describe your experience with Yale University.
It’s a very small clinic. The staff is kind, the facility is ok looking. But don’t be intimidated by the appearance. Sometimes getting ahold of someone can take some time but they started using an online app that helps make communication quicker.
Initial donor egg cycle cost us around 29k. Frozen cycle was mostly covered and cost around 2k for meds and procedure.
Describe Emre Seli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Yale University.