4.9

Jones Inst / Clev Clinic

Enrique Soto works at

15955 SW 96th St
Miami, FL 33196

he [Dr. Soto] never ask any of the personal questions that other fertility drs take the time to ask. We totally felt rushed through...the dr failed to review and follow with bloodwork for my TSH, resulted in being over medicated and no one ordered any test until I requested after my 2nd IUI cycle...He didn’t change my protocol even though I asked the nurse since first cycle didn’t work....
Nurse Jessica [at IVFMD Miami] was kind in general, replies to your emails in a timely manner with some exemption that it took a week; also felt she was in a rush and sometimes felt bothered for me asking questions, 2nd IUI I asked for a change in medication or days administered to ask my dr, she advised to maintain same protocol. Once again be your own advocate....
How was your experience with Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Soto was a kind and polite doctor. We’ve been on the Infertility route for 7+ years so I’ve learned on the subject throughout the years. I’m very familiar with procedures, medication and options. He explained what treatment will be done in the near future. But he doesn’t ask many questions of you or your partner medical history. He rushed through a bit of our medical history, gave me a prescription for thyroid medication and went on to ultrasound where he found my fibroids;I totally forgot to mentioned and was never ask if had any type of polyps or fibroids, he never ask any of the personal questions that other fertility drs take the time to ask. We totally felt rushed through. Our initial consultation only last 15 minutes. I was shocked. Then my 2nd and last time I saw him was my follow up after all testing. Same impression quick visit and him surprised I could understand everything easily. He thought within a matter of 2 IUI I will be pregnant not the case. He failed to follow up my thyroid medication during my IUI cycles and I was over medicated, my TSH Levels were nonexistent when I requested being checked again for them to lower my medication. I won’t be going back to this dr again. Only reason I stayed there because insurance paid for bloodwork and initial visit. I learned I rather paid all out of pocket.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Have a list of questions, don’t expect him asking a lot of detail questions. Make sure to ask what baseline blood tests will they be do doing. Don’t asume like I did with my thyroid medication. As much as you can ASK Questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I was kindly treated while under their care, but feel the appointment were rush through.
Describe the protocols Enrique Soto used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
On our 1st IUI cycle we used Letrozole 5mg CD3-7 and Trigger shot Ovidrel 250. 2nd IUI Letrozole 5mg CD3-7 and Trigger shot Ovidrel 250. He didn’t change my protocol even though I asked the nurse since first cycle didn’t work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Nurse Jessica was kind in general, replies to your emails in a timely manner with some exemption that it took a week; also felt she was in a rush and sometimes felt bothered for me asking questions, 2nd IUI I asked for a change in medication or days administered to ask my dr, she advised to maintain same protocol. Once again be your own advocate.
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall front desk department is good, everyone is very polite and attentive too. Only thing when making your initial appointment make sure to ask if your dr is going on vacation. When I called they booked my appointment never mentioned that after my initial consultation my dr was leaving for a whole month and half. They wanted me to wait 2 whole months to start testing and then my treatments. Anybody who has been on this road waiting is the least you want. All my initial testing were done by another dr in the meantime he came back from vacation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
CD3 pelvic ultrasound- $216.00 CD3 blood work- $299.00 (includes estradiol, fsh, lh and bhcg) Baseline ultrasound $186.00 IUI's- $409.00 each (office does 2 IUI's per cycle) includes sperm preparation and insemination. If using a frozen vial, an additional fee of $125.00 for thawing will be charged Progesterone blood test- $99.00 BHCG pregnancy test- $84.00
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Miami

Dr. Soto has a great bedside manner and is very kind. He provides a lot of detailed information and always allows room for questions and concerns.... He had my husband go see a fertility urologist because our need to do IVF is male factor infertility. He gave us suggestions and advice for increasing my husbands sperm count and for me to increase my egg count and quality....I wasn't made aware of my low egg count until very recently and I have been seeing Dr. Soto for all the initial prep work and procedures for IVF since October.
The entire office staff at IVFMD are so kind, patient, and friendly. Dr. Soto took his time with my husband and I during each appointment, answered all our questions, and provided tons of information in a very kind and calm manner. I truly felt as though he was looking at our case individually and not as another appointment on his schedule.... Very nice clinic facilities, on the higher end with a nice and welcoming waiting room. All office staff are very kind and informative. The only negative is that they usually are running late and I've waited anywhere between 1-2 hours past my appointment time just to be taken in.
Dr. Soto has a great bedside manner and is very kind. He provides a lot of detailed information and always allows room for questions and concerns. I trust him moving forward with our treatment and feel he will be the one to give us our desired outcome of a baby!
Be prepared to wait for appointments in the waiting room, but it's worth it. IVFMD is a great place and so far, so good with Dr. Soto!
I have little experience with Dr. Soto's nurse, Jessica, so far. My limited interaction with her has been good. She seems nice and informative. I'm sure I will develop a stronger opinion once we start treatment next month.
It's estimated to be about $22,000 - $25,000 depending on how much the medications cost for a frozen IVF cycle.
Describe Enrique Soto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
No experience with this yet.
I wasn't made aware of my low egg count until very recently and I have been seeing Dr. Soto for all the initial prep work and procedures for IVF since October. He just informed me of my low egg count in March and let me know I should lose some weight and to take 2 months to do that (we were planning on starting in March). I was upset he hadn't mentioned any of this at any prior appointments. According to him, the issue was only my husband and I was good to go. Now we are delayed 2 more months so I can get as healthy as can be and make my eggs the best quality.
Miami

He [Dr. Enrique Soto] worked along with my doctor home, so between them they set the best protocol based on my low AMH and endometriosis. I was put on Menopur injections at 75iu once a day and then given a trigger shot 12 hours before first IUI (I had a double IUI). Dr Soto agreed that only 3 IUIs should be done before moving on to IVF so we all agree if this cycle is not successful that’s what will get done.
It [IVF MD SFL- Miami] is usually a very busy clinic so expect to have to wait for a while unless coming in for a simple consultation. They are well-organized and most of the staff is very friendly and helpful. Also the waiting room is very private in a way that’s hard to explain but makes it easier and less awkward when you may not want to speak to other patients which being such a socially awkward person I enjoy
He was very gentle but informative. He has excellent bedside manner. Only downside was that he didn’t perform the actual IUI and I did not get to see him before or after. I thought that was a bit strange.
They are in good hands with him.
The staff and doctor were kind and friendly and very sensitive.
He worked along with my doctor home, so between them they set the best protocol based on my low AMH and endometriosis. I was put on Menopur injections at 75iu once a day and then given a trigger shot 12 hours before first IUI (I had a double IUI). Dr Soto agreed that only 3 IUIs should be done before moving on to IVF so we all agree if this cycle is not successful that’s what will get done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
They were all very helpful and informative as well. They were also very attentive when it came to answering my questions or listening to my concerns.
It is usually a very busy clinic so expect to have to wait for a while unless coming in for a simple consultation. They are well-organized and most of the staff is very friendly and helpful. Also the waiting room is very private in a way that’s hard to explain but makes it easier and less awkward when you may not want to speak to other patients which being such a socially awkward person I enjoy.
I paid for my monitoring and medication at home which was about USD$2,000.00. The actual IUI procedures done with Dr Soto were $409 and I did a double so it was $818 for the two IUIs, plus $110 for the trigger shot and $86 for two weeks worth of progesterone suppositories. So in total I paid $3,014.00 for one IUI cycle.

2017, Consult
He [Dr. Enrique Soto] has patience and understands that the process we are going through can be emotional. He does not hold back but has empathy. He speaks with no judgement also. Dr. Soto did not rush during the consultation and answered all questions we had although it was few because he went through everything diligently... He explained IVF procedure is our only option due to tubal blockage. He information that he would start me on birth control and procedure with that.
The verbal communication by phone is poor [at IVFMD- S. FL- Miami]. Everything is done by email. The nurse Jennifer is good and gets back to patients in a timely manner. The staff i do not like. They show no compassion. They take forever and speak amongst themselves in front of patients.... The nurse Jennifer was knowledgeable and answered emails fast. I didn’t like if you called you aren’t able to get in touch with anyone and you have to leave a message for everything. The best form of communication is email only
He has patience and understands that the process we are going through can be emotional. He does not hold back but has empathy. He speaks with no judgement also. Dr. Soto did not rush during the consultation and answered all questions we had although it was few because he went through everything diligently
Have patiences with the staff.
He was sincere, answering all questesions we had. He also provided more information and made clear all his recommendations. He did not rush through the consultation. He was also going at our pace.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer F)
The nurse Jennifer was knowledgeable and answered emails fast. I didn’t like if you called you aren’t able to get in touch with anyone and you have to leave a message for everything. The best form of communication is email only.
The verbal communication by phone is poor. Everything is done by email. The nurse Jennifer is good and gets back to patients in a timely manner. The staff i do not like. They show no compassion. They take forever and speak amongst themselves in front of patients.
I had a deductible plan the cost was average. Self pay was less than my insurance deductible
Miami
Dr. Soto is very kind, compassionate, down to earth and encouraging. He was fraught forward even if it hurt a little. Every appointment was very well organized and his procedures are extremely methodical. He cares 100 percent about his patients and And giving them the outcome they want. All procedures done where carefully done with patience....The clinic [IVFMD S. Florida] was always running’s and wait time was not too bad. Nurses wee constantly calling patients in and patients out. All procedures where done in house.
Clean, and organized. The clinic [IVFMD S. Florida] was always running’s and wait time was not too bad. Nurses wee constantly calling patients in and patients out. All procedures where done in house. Water was offered in every visit and the clinks was always very pleasant...Dr. Soto is very kind, compassionate, down to earth and encouraging. He was fraught forward even if it hurt a little. Every appointment was very well organized and his procedures are extremely methodical. He cares 100 percent about his patients and And giving them the outcome they want.
Trust in him
Soto was very sweet and understanding. Made me feel comfortable and positive.
Femara and trigger shot
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Willing to help. Very courteous and polite.
Clean, and organized. The clinic was always running’s and wait time was not too bad. Nurses wee constantly calling patients in and patients out. All procedures where done in house. Water was offered in every visit and the clinks was always very pleasant
My insurance did not cover so I paid out of pocket. About 5000