5.1

Miami
15955 SW 96th St
Miami, FL 33196

1 patient review filtered by:

he [Dr. Soto] never ask any of the personal questions that other fertility drs take the time to ask. We totally felt rushed through...the dr failed to review and follow with bloodwork for my TSH, resulted in being over medicated and no one ordered any test until I requested after my 2nd IUI cycle...He didn’t change my protocol even though I asked the nurse since first cycle didn’t work....
Nurse Jessica [at IVFMD Miami] was kind in general, replies to your emails in a timely manner with some exemption that it took a week; also felt she was in a rush and sometimes felt bothered for me asking questions, 2nd IUI I asked for a change in medication or days administered to ask my dr, she advised to maintain same protocol. Once again be your own advocate....
How was your experience with Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Soto was a kind and polite doctor. We’ve been on the Infertility route for 7+ years so I’ve learned on the subject throughout the years. I’m very familiar with procedures, medication and options. He explained what treatment will be done in the near future. But he doesn’t ask many questions of you or your partner medical history. He rushed through a bit of our medical history, gave me a prescription for thyroid medication and went on to ultrasound where he found my fibroids;I totally forgot to mentioned and was never ask if had any type of polyps or fibroids, he never ask any of the personal questions that other fertility drs take the time to ask. We totally felt rushed through. Our initial consultation only last 15 minutes. I was shocked. Then my 2nd and last time I saw him was my follow up after all testing. Same impression quick visit and him surprised I could understand everything easily. He thought within a matter of 2 IUI I will be pregnant not the case. He failed to follow up my thyroid medication during my IUI cycles and I was over medicated, my TSH Levels were nonexistent when I requested being checked again for them to lower my medication. I won’t be going back to this dr again. Only reason I stayed there because insurance paid for bloodwork and initial visit. I learned I rather paid all out of pocket.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Have a list of questions, don’t expect him asking a lot of detail questions. Make sure to ask what baseline blood tests will they be do doing. Don’t asume like I did with my thyroid medication. As much as you can ASK Questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I was kindly treated while under their care, but feel the appointment were rush through.
Describe the protocols Enrique Soto used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
On our 1st IUI cycle we used Letrozole 5mg CD3-7 and Trigger shot Ovidrel 250. 2nd IUI Letrozole 5mg CD3-7 and Trigger shot Ovidrel 250. He didn’t change my protocol even though I asked the nurse since first cycle didn’t work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Nurse Jessica was kind in general, replies to your emails in a timely manner with some exemption that it took a week; also felt she was in a rush and sometimes felt bothered for me asking questions, 2nd IUI I asked for a change in medication or days administered to ask my dr, she advised to maintain same protocol. Once again be your own advocate.
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall front desk department is good, everyone is very polite and attentive too. Only thing when making your initial appointment make sure to ask if your dr is going on vacation. When I called they booked my appointment never mentioned that after my initial consultation my dr was leaving for a whole month and half. They wanted me to wait 2 whole months to start testing and then my treatments. Anybody who has been on this road waiting is the least you want. All my initial testing were done by another dr in the meantime he came back from vacation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
CD3 pelvic ultrasound- $216.00 CD3 blood work- $299.00 (includes estradiol, fsh, lh and bhcg) Baseline ultrasound $186.00 IUI's- $409.00 each (office does 2 IUI's per cycle) includes sperm preparation and insemination. If using a frozen vial, an additional fee of $125.00 for thawing will be charged Progesterone blood test- $99.00 BHCG pregnancy test- $84.00
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Enrique Soto