7.2

Eric Chang works at

835 Hopkins Rd
Buffalo, NY 14221
844.315.2229

Dr. Chang ordered preliminary testing that included an HSG and SHG, of which he performed at his clinic. As a result of these tests, a large cyst was discovered on my left ovary, which Dr. Chang suggested that I follow up with my primary OBGYN (I am out of state) for treatment options before proceeding with IVF...even though we are choosing to use donor eggs, the cyst could cause future complications with any hormonal treatments used with IVF.
warm and friendly environment, plushy furniture, fireplace and refreshments...the rooms were not soundproof, which made us feel a little self-conscious in talking about our sensitive issues...[CNY Fertility Center] offered same day testing for semen analysis and transvaginal ultrasound...messaging system does not have the "reply" feature as in traditional email, and you are forced to create a new message every time you communicate with a member of their staff, even if it is in response to the same original message.
How was your experience with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Chang was new to the clinic at the time of our initial appointment. Despite this fact, his demeanor and knowledge of the fertility world with his past experience provided us with ease and confidence in his ability to care for our needs. He was very thorough with his explanations of treatment options as well as statistics of possible outcomes, including examples of outcomes he has seen in his practice. Because of the extra care he took to provide us with factual data, we chose to take the next steps in treatment under his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
He is down to earth and lighthearted. His calming presence will make anyone feel at ease. He will treat your sensitive situation with care and respect.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
From the start, Dr. Chang was pleasant and down to earth. His explanations of statistics with regards to our specific situation were very thorough and helpful in guiding us on making sound, educated decisions about our treatment options.
Describe the protocols Eric Chang used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We are still early in our treatment and had to pause temporarily due to COVID-19, however Dr. Chang ordered preliminary testing that included an HSG and SHG, of which he performed at his clinic. As a result of these tests, a large cyst was discovered on my left ovary, which Dr. Chang suggested that I follow up with my primary OBGYN (I am out of state) for treatment options before proceeding with IVF. Dr. Chang's rationale was that even though we are choosing to use donor eggs, the cyst could cause future complications with any hormonal treatments used with IVF. I am still awaiting the procedure for cyst removal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Allyson Santoro, RN)
Our nurse, Ally, has been helpful in describing any processes or procedures that are necessary for our treatment. She has been gracious and kind and always gives us options so that we can make informed decisions. We have had no problems with the nursing staff at the clinic. During my procedures, they have been courteous and thorough in their explanations of what to expect. The nursing staff is available through the patient portal as well as through the clinic if needed immediately. They have always been pleasant to work with.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is a clinic that was referred to us through my OBGYN. It was a "just in case" option should the need arise. After a few months, I heard about the same clinic from a friend who sought treatment resulting in a pregnancy, so my husband and I decided to try them out. The initial call was just to set up the intake, which was offered either over the phone or in person. The phone interview was a longer wait, so we chose to schedule an in-person intake and take a 4 hour trip to the clinic. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a warm and friendly environment, plushy furniture, fireplace and refreshments. One thing that took us by surprise was they asked us politely to remove our shoes and wear either disposable booties or their "complimentary" slippers. The rationale for this was not clear, however we complied out of politeness. Once we were called back for our consultation, the rooms were beautifully decorated with modern barn-style doors and comfy chairs. The downside was that the rooms were not soundproof, which made us feel a little self-conscious in talking about our sensitive issues. When Dr. Chang arrived, he set our mind at ease by asking pinpointed questions about our situation and gave us sound information and statistics, which helped us make an educated decision about treatment. The clinic offered same day testing for semen analysis and transvaginal ultrasound, which was helpful. Once the testing was complete, the nursing staff took over and assisted us in completing the necessary paperwork. The main form of communication once established as a patient is through the patient portal messaging system, which can be good or bad. A good point is that you can be thorough in providing them as much information in your message so that they have all of your concerns in one place. A bad point might be that if you do not have the patience necessary to wait on their response, you may find yourself becoming frustrated with the system. Also, their messaging system does not have the "reply" feature as in traditional email, and you are forced to create a new message every time you communicate with a member of their staff, even if it is in response to the same original message. All in all, this experience has been a positive one. As of right now, COVID-19 has halted our treatment, including that of our egg donor. We are waiting for the restrictions to be lifted for elective surgeries to continue so that we can move forward with our plans for IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center.
Costs were for initial intake and testing procedures. Costs and payment options were thoroughly explained.
Describe Eric Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
No comments on eSET vs. MET. The paperwork explains these options thoroughly and are predetermined with package options.
Hamburg (closed)
Dr Cheng took a lot of time to answer each and every question I had. I was very vocal about my feelings surrounding the upcoming FET with the embryos we had. His explanations and humor helped me feel better and more confident...I also had a new plan that I fully understood because he took the time and effort to explain each adjustment in the new protocol...Dr Chang is clearly knowledgable and cares a lot about his patients. Once he's invested in your treatment, you can rest assured that you're in good hands. He is arguably one of the more aggressive doctors at CNY in terms of what he is willing to do and the things he is willing to try.
CNY is huge and handles an extremely high volume of patients. Nurses and doctors are often juggling hundreds upon hundreds of inquiries, portal messages, phone calls, office appointments, etc. Balls inevitably get dropped, information inevitably gets lost in translation, and that can be frustrating. You really have to stay on top of your own treatment plan. I think having a good working knowledge of at least the basics of IVF would be extremely beneficial.
How was your experience with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
I first spoke to Dr Chang after our first IVF cycle and subsequent 3 transfers of 4 embryos failed. Needless to say, I was not in a great place emotionally or mentally. Dr Chang reviewed my first cycle's retrieval protocol and FET protocol and identified some areas he thought may have caused our problems. He was extremely kind and seemed extremely confident that he could help me. I began that phone call in a complete state of devastation and panic and ended it feeling reassured and slightly vindicated... I also had a new plan that I fully understood because he took the time and effort to explain each adjustment in the new protocol. He also instructed me to make sure that during my retrieval cycle, all monitoring updates would be handled by him personally to make sure everyone stuck to his specific protocol. The reassurance that he was personally handling things, even though I was not monitoring in Buffalo or retrieving there was a godsend during that very scary time. We ultimately got 16 eggs, 13 of which were mature... all 13 fertalized and 10 became 5, 6, or 7 day embryos. (The previous cycle I had 11 eggs, only 5 mature, 4 fertilized and were frozen early at day 3.) Grading of the embryos became a concern of mine as ours were almost all "fair". I was able to get a tele appointment with Dr Chang quickly and he, once again, was able to patiently and kindly explain why he still felt confident in those embryos and went through the FET protocol and broke down all of my options. His confidence and reassurance was extremely valued and appreciated. Dr Chang is clearly knowledgable and cares a lot about his patients. Once he's invested in your treatment, you can rest assured that you're in good hands. He is arguably one of the more aggressive doctors at CNY in terms of what he is willing to do and the things he is willing to try. I really liked that he was able to explain everything in a relatively simple manner so that I fully understood his reasoning for all med or protocol changes. He does have a very funny sense of humor which I personally felt helped in such an awkward and relatively anxiety filled time. I also feel that he is very much to the point and will bluntly state his thoughts on things... something I also appreciated.
Don't be afraid to say exactly what you're thinking or feeling about your treatment. He was the only doctor I spoke to that didn't just repeat the same go-to information to placate me. He not only acknowledged that I was audibly upset or nervous, he took steps to get to the root of what was causing those negative feelings so that he could give me the information and confidence I needed to move forward.
Dr Chang believed that the biggest issues with my first cycle were a dominant follicle and timing the retrieval. He basically came right out and said that he felt they sent me for retrieval too early and that's why my maturity rate was so poor. To address these issues, he recommended a full cycle on hormonal birth control (even though CNY doesn't seem to like to do this) and personally handled my monitoring. I ended up doing 12 days of injections vs 9 the first time. The birth control helped my eggs grow more evenly and the prolonged stim time helped me get more mature eggs than I had in my previous cycle. He also switched me from Lh-HCG to Menopur (this was orignally a suggestion of Dr. Ditkoff) solely because they both believed some patients respond better to one drug over the other.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I actually worked primarily with the travel team nurses, the nurses at my monitoring center (CNY Atlanta), and the ones at CNY Albany. Buffalo was not available for retrievals at the time I did my cycle unfortunately. CNY's nursing team is overwhelmingly great.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Dr Chang recommended a single embroy transfer as I had never done an FET with a day 5 embryo. However he did say that he would be willing to consider letting me transfer two if the first single transfer failed.
What specific things went wrong at CNY Fertility Center?
Buffalo

I’ve been lucky to employ his [Dr. Chang] expertise to examine my tubes, perform my bilateral salpingectomy and hysteroscopic D&C, and do a sonohystogram all prior to my first IVF FET cycle in progress now. ... He is very detailed and respects when you come with your roster of questions for him to answer/advise on. He is a positive doctor to be around when you are feeling down and explains every step of any procedure prior (or during if you are awake) so that your nerves are calmed.
Strengths: they’ve [Cooper Inst for Repro Hormonal Disorders] got a system in place, and that makes it easy to work with your planning and keeping stress low. Also, this is not a one-size-fits-all clinic. Personalized approach to every situation. Weaknesses: no electronic patient portal/profiles, so you won’t have access to your own file/info at your fingertips. ... I’m doing PGS, so Dr. Chang does not recommend transferring more than 1 embryo for my personalized plan.
How was your experience with Eric Chang at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
I’ve been lucky to employ his expertise to examine my tubes, perform my bilateral salpingectomy and hysteroscopic D&C, and do a sonohystogram all prior to my first IVF FET cycle in progress now. He is very detailed and respects when you come with your roster of questions for him to answer/advise on. He is a positive doctor to be around when you are feeling down and explains every step of any procedure prior (or during if you are awake) so that your nerves are calmed. Some may be deterred by his social quirkiness, but I am here for it! I believe it takes eccentric doctors to really have a passion for the intricate work they do. This clinic takes patients who have had failures multiple times elsewhere, and helps them achieve more through alternator approaches. So I’m glad I was paired with him for many of my steps to IVF. Dr. Chang will give you his number post-operations and be available for any concern you may have. He’s also done my monitoring callbacks to give instructions on stimulation before, which was nice because it’s usually IVF nurses who do that. He cares and tries to make time where he can.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Chang at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Take notes and be prepared with your questions. He will not read your mind, but will be as broad in his education as possible if you don’t speak up and advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Chang at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Dr. Chang reviews and studies your results and details before having a conversation or advising on next steps. I’ve been lucky to employ his expertise to examine my tubes, perform my bilateral salpingectomy and hysteroscopic D&C, and do a sonohystogram all prior to my first IVF FET cycle in progress now. He’s always made himself available for any questions or explanations and is very clear, factual, and sympathetic in his delivery.
Describe the protocols Eric Chang used in your cycles at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders and their degree of success.
Dr. Chang has me on a Long Lupron protocol beginning day 21 of my cycle prior to IVF stims because I’m 32 with a 3.5 AMH. He lowered my dosages over the last few days and had the nurses closely monitor me into my upcoming egg retrieval. I have OHSS, but had I been on another protocol, it’d probably be worse.
Describe your experience with Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
Strengths: they’ve got a system in place, and that makes it easy to work with your planning and keeping stress low. Also, this is not a one-size-fits-all clinic. Personalized approach to every situation. Weaknesses: no electronic patient portal/profiles, so you won’t have access to your own file/info at your fingertips.
Describe Eric Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
I’m doing PGS, so Dr. Chang does not recommend transferring more than 1 embryo for my personalized plan. He does say in rare circumstances where there have been miscarriages or it’s an older woman, there may be reason to transfer 2.
Mount Laurel

He [Dr. Chang] is very genuine, factual, thorough, educational, answers questions, gives medical guidance and sound advice to make appropriate medical decisions. He treats you like he wants you to have a family and is going to help you get there.... He is a professional who cares and is in his profession to help women become a mother.... educated, compassionate, trustworthy, informative, will answer questions, thorough, knowledgeable, is interested in giving you the information needed to make a good choice to achieve pregnancy
The founding doctor is the clinic's [Cooper Institute] greatest strength. The other doctors are it's strength. However, the operations of the clinic is it's weakness. The clinic's back office staff are not organized, communicative, honest, caring, or assigned to a particular patient and they do not follow up or through on any form of communication. It seems that patient files are not electronic and no one ever has your file in front of them when they speak
Dr. Chang-educated, compassionate, trustworthy, informative, will answer questions, thorough, knowledgeable, is interested in giving you the information needed to make a good choice to achieve pregnancy and a baby. My experience so far, has been great with Dr. Chang.
Ask what you need to know to enable you to make your decisions. He is a professional who cares and is in his profession to help women become a mother.
He is very genuine, factual, thorough, educational, answers questions, gives medical guidance and sound advice to make appropriate medical decisions. He treats you like he wants you to have a family and is going to help you get there.
It is too early. I am at preliminary stages of care and not at treatment yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
I have not done treatments yet. The nurses I have spoken to on the phone, I would say 1 has been thorough, helpful, empathetic, and helpful in answering questions and getting me to the next step. Many other nurses told me things about trying to obtain a medication that were not true. I had gotten a prescription and the specialty pharmacy the clinic gave me said the med was unavailable indefinitely. I called 50 pharmacy's nationwide and they all said the same thing. The nurses said other patients got the med. So I felt like they were just giving me the run around. I have to say that after 3 months of me trying to get the med, finally one nurse place a call to the same specialty pharmacy I spoke with and they said the drug was now available. I was so distraught, I gave up on that form of treatment. I had wasted 3 to 4 months chasing a ghost. So, I don't really understand the nurses.
The founding doctor is the clinic's greatest strength. The other doctors are it's strength. However, the operations of the clinic is it's weakness. The clinic's back office staff are not organized, communicative, honest, caring, or assigned to a particular patient and they do not follow up or through on any form of communication. It seems that patient files are not electronic and no one ever has your file in front of them when they speak to you so they don't/can't answer questions and get you to the next step. Technology and training are needed and maybe some people who treat customers with disrespect hanging up on them should look for another line of work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Chang at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
I have not had my cycle yet. So I am still trying to determine this.
I do not know this clinic's opinion.
What specific things went wrong at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
I explained everything in the prior questions. The doctors are great. The operations of the business needs to be changed and improved.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
I adore Dr. Chang. He has been a great communicator. My situation is very rare and from my research and time at other clinics before this, I do think I am at the right practice for my situation. I'm 30 with a diminished reserve, low AMH and high FSH with low LH. Dr. Chang is younger and seems to explain things better for me.... So while at this practice I have been in the care of 3 out of the 4 doctors in the practice. Dr. Check has only consulted on my case
It would be helpful is each patient had a "go-to" nurse. Here [Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders], you're rotated. I can't tell you how many times the ultrasound tech asked me "only menopur?" and I had to re-explain the situation. It's taxing. Some of the nurses are sweet while others hate being there I think. When they deliver bad news, they offer condolences but no next steps. If patients were assigned to one nurse, the nurse could consult the doctor before calling the patient.
So while at this practice I have been in the care of 3 out of the 4 doctors in the practice. Dr. Check has only consulted on my case. I adore Dr. Chang. He has been a great communicator. My situation is very rare and from my research and time at other clinics before this, I do think I am at the right practice for my situation. I'm 30 with a diminished reserve, low AMH and high FSH with low LH. Dr. Chang is younger and seems to explain things better for me. The nurses, eh. There are good ones and not so good ones. I love the girls who take my blood. Overall, the nurses could do a better job greeting people or explaining appointments, etc when new patients come to the clinic. I once "got in trouble" for having a full blatter at an ultrasound, but I had got to the bathroom. I almost bit the tech's head off (injectables! haha) Overall, no one explained the entire process to me when I was first diagnosed. I was so overwhelmed. They could have done better job, consoling me or offering therapy options to deal with the situation.
Ask for a consult with Dr. Chang or Dr. Cohen instead of Dr. Choe. Dr. Check is very smart. He was one of the first researchers in this field, but the delivery of Dr. Chang is better than Dr. Choe from my experience.
The way the waiting room is set up and ultrasounds are administered seems like a cattle call, especially in the morning before work. Many of the nurses are apathetic, but not rude. You can't call your nurse directly, you have to leave a message and someone calls you back.
Because of my situation, I was unable to do IUIs. My insurance wouldn't let me do IVF without having 3 failed IUIs first. The doctor advocated for me by writing a letter. After that, we tried a combo of Menopur and Follistem injections. I created 2 eggs which were retrieved but did not fertilize. The next month, we only did Menopur. I created ovarian cysts. The following month, Dr. Chang increased the amount of Menopur I was taking. I created 4 eggs, 2 were retrieved. 1 fertilized and did not implant.
It would be helpful is each patient had a "go-to" nurse. Here, you're rotated. I can't tell you how many times the ultrasound tech asked me "only menopur?" and I had to re-explain the situation. It's taxing. Some of the nurses are sweet while others hate being there I think. When they deliver bad news, they offer condolences but no next steps. If patients were assigned to one nurse, the nurse could consult the doctor before calling the patient.
Strengths - The lead doctor is backed by knowledge and proof. He has been researching and writing white pages on fertility treatments for decades. The practice is a boutique firm handling the most unique cases. My Primary Care Physician speaks highly of the practices. The Younger doctors in the practice have good bedside manner. Weaknesses - Staff is sometimes not the most polite.
The IVF cycle out of pocket expense cost us about $6000-$7000 each time. The first cycle, our meds were covered by insurance. At that point we met the "lifetime" max for meds. Which is funny. The actually IVF is covered, but the meds to get me there aren't. Menopur is approximately $80 per vial (I have a great pharmacist!) but I will be taking 4 vials day to stim - and that does not include the gonal or other meds like the premarin/provera to bring on my period to even start the cycle. Plus estrogen, endometrium, etc.
The embryologist at this location is great. She always explains things in lames terms to us. With that said, I have never had the opportunity to transfer more than 1 embryo and cannot comment on that.
During my second IVF, I created cists and not eggs. The office put me on a birth control that was awful. I broke out in awful eczema and my face swelled pretty badly. I believe it was an allergic reaction to this pill.
2022, Unknown Success
Dr Chang is kind and likes to joke, which helps keep the mood light. He didn't have a lot of suggestions on what to change after our first transfer of 2 embryos failed. We still do not know why nothing is working for us...He is receptive to your own ideas regarding treatment...He suggested two the first time. We then had three left and I wanted to transfer all. He was receptive to this and allowed it.
Beautiful clinic [CNY Fertility Center]. Clean. Pharmacists are very helpful. Everyone is polite. Nurses organizing your protocol for travel patients aren't always on the same page. Follow up phone call with provider was not helpful: limited to 30 minutes, provider wasn't familiar with my case, had no real suggestions or changes
How was your experience with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
He is receptive to your own ideas regarding treatment
Dr Chang is kind and keeps the mood light
We tried histamine protocol, lipid infusion, lovenox/asa, and nivestym. Along with prednisone and doubled PIO to 2cc for the second transfer. The HCG wash did not help with the first transfer here (second overall)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nurses were great overall. Some of them rushed me after retrieval.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic. Clean. Pharmacists are very helpful. Everyone is polite. Nurses organizing your protocol for travel patients aren't always on the same page. Follow up phone call with provider was not helpful: limited to 30 minutes, provider wasn't familiar with my case, had no real suggestions or changes
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
outside monitoring, travel patient
$4000 for retrieval, $5000 for meds, $900 for transfer, $4000 monitoring and labs at outside facility per cycle
What specific things went wrong at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Not everyone is on the same page with course of treatment because so many different people are involved. I am a travel patient.

2021, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Eric Chang] was very easy to talk to. He explained everything that I had to go through very well. He was willing to try to get to the root of the issue. Very friendly and talkative. Gave me some hope. Made me feel comfortable though retrieval and transfers...Took his time to explains everything. Nice bedside manners...
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center] is beautiful, the staff is responsive and friendly. I had to drive 4 hours each way for appointments. They made sure we were comfortable since they knew we had a long drive both ways...[nurses were] Very kind and understanding. Made sure we were comfortable each visit. Always got back to us in a timely manner...IVF was $4000 Lab work and ultrasound was $1200 Transfer was $995 Medicine was $200
How was your experience with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Chang was very easy to talk to. He explained everything that I had to go through very well. He was willing to try to get to the root of the issue. Very friendly and talkative. Gave me some hope. Made me feel comfortable though retrieval and transfers
Make sure to ask questions if you aren’t 100% sure. Don’t waste time on doctors that you have no trust in.
Took his time to explains everything. Nice bedside manners
Had surgery prior to remove endometriosis/endometrioma. Started to stim the month after only to find out the endometrioma came back. I was on Gonal f 300 IU once a day, Menopur 150 IU once a day, Letrozle 10mg once a day, LDN 4.5mg once a day, Prednisone 5mg twice a day, Cetrotide 0.25mg once a day, Prograf 0.5mg twice a day, Estrace 2mg twice a day, Endometrim 100mg twice a day, Progesterone in oil 50mg once a day. Only collected three eggs in which two became embryos. He decided to do a fresh transfer that failed. We needed up doing a frozen two months after with our last embryo and it failed as well
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I don’t have anything negative to say. The clinic is beautiful, the staff is responsive and friendly. I had to drive 4 hours each way for appointments. They made sure we were comfortable since they knew we had a long drive both ways.

2020, Consult
My consultation was a little unprofessional. It sounded like he [Dr. Eric Chang] was driving and at times I could hardly hear what he was saying. It felt a little rushed like he needed to hurry to call the next patient...very blunt in stating that he was confident that we needed IVF to become pregnant. He was the first doctor that didn't beat around the bush and I loved that...told us he was very hopeful for us and that our odds would be good.
Sometimes when you call [CNY Fertility Center] the nurses are very short and don't sound friendly. I only got to speak with my ambassador once. When I asked to speak to her, I got connected to another nursing staff member...they offer their services at such an affordable cost...have so much business that they can't really individualize the patient experience like other local fertility clinics.
How was your experience with Eric Chang at CNY Fertility Center?
I really can't speak to how great of a doctor he is because we only had a phone consultation. I'm sure he's a great doctor. I wouldn't mind going to see him in person for treatment. We were hoping to complete our IVF at CNY because of how affordable it is. Dr. Chang understood that I had already been on a difficult journey and he was very blunt in stating that he was confident that we needed IVF to become pregnant. He was the first doctor that didn't beat around the bush and I loved that.
I would say have your questions ready because the consultation will be brief. The nurse will likely call you with a follow up and answer all of the questions you forgot or didn't have a chance to discuss.
My husband and I opted to have a phone consultation because CNY is located in NY and we live no where even close. My consultation was a little unprofessional. It sounded like he was driving and at times I could hardly hear what he was saying. It felt a little rushed like he needed to hurry to call the next patient.
Dr. Chang approved us to start IVF. He wanted me to have an HSG and get the lab work up for IVF started so we could begin as soon as possible. He wanted to make sure we got the routine stuff done and out of the way as soon as possible. He told us he was very hopeful for us and that our odds would be good.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
I was assigned an travel ambassador nurse assigned to patients outside of New York state. She was very nice and knowledgeable. Sometimes when you call CNY the nurses are very short and don't sound friendly. I only got to speak with my ambassador once. When I asked to speak to her, I got connected to another nursing staff member.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I think a major strength of CNY fertility clinic is that they offer their services at such an affordable cost. It is so amazing the work that they do. I am so grateful that they have helped so many women like me who have struggled with becoming pregnant. I think a weakness is that they probably have so much business that they can't really individualize the patient experience like other local fertility clinics.
So far I haven't had any costs to me. I wasn't directly charged for the consultation that I know of. I know that IVF costs about $3900, genetic testing is upwards of $5000. The quote for our IVF medications from their pharmacy was $4300...and that was with every discount they had.
Rochester