7.3

Eric Flisser works at

NY - Eastside
635 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
212-756-5777

I only saw Dr. Flisser a couple of times...during my first consultation, on day one of my cycle for monitoring and maybe twice more quickly for monitoring. A different doctor did my retrieval, whom I had never met, based on the day my retrieval fell and their schedules for doing retrievals. Overall, I think Flisser is a nice guy and is smart/very knowledgeable about fertility treatments. I didn't get the feeling he was paying close attention to my treatment and was invested in my outcome (even if he was, I didn't get that feeling). The communication and follow up with the doctor wasn’t great post cycle...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Eric has a fairly laid back attitude, but he is willing to sit and answer as many questions as you have. When I did see him, he was patient and thorough in his explanations. He is thorough when asked questions, but does not proactively provide a lot of information. It was my first time doing any fertility treatment, so more information regarding expectations and how I was progressing along the way would've been helpful. But if you know what to expect and what questions to ask, you should be ok. I only saw Dr. Flisser a couple of times...during my first consultation, on day one of my cycle for monitoring and maybe twice more quickly for monitoring. A different doctor did my retrieval, whom I had never met, based on the day my retrieval fell and their schedules for doing retrievals. Overall, I think Flisser is a nice guy and is smart/very knowledgeable about fertility treatments. I didn't get the feeling he was paying close attention to my treatment and was invested in my outcome (even if he was, I didn't get that feeling). The communication and follow up with the doctor wasn’t great post cycle. My cycle was unsuccessful and I had questions about options for another cycle and I had to follow up several times to get answers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions. You have to be proactive to get information. Know that you may not have him for your retrieval. This is more a statement of the clinic though because each doctor is scheduled to do retrievals on a certain day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I didn't see him much, but when I did, he appeared to remember me and took interest in my progress.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First 5 days: 300 IU of Gonal/F every day ( in the morning ) 2 amps of Menopur ( in the evening ) Last 5 days 300 IU of Gonal/F ( in the morning ) 3 amps of Menopur ( in the evening ) 250 mcg of Cetrotide (in the evening) Trigger shots night before retrieval: 40 units of LupT 1000 IU of hCG
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at the monitoring sessions were all very caring and pleasant. The nurses that would call with instructions or answer questions were very organized and prompt.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Pros: The ladies at the front desk are very nice and friendly, as are all the nurses during monitoring hours. The clinic is very organized considering the volume of people coming through there everyday. They always called when they said they would with instructions for the next day and followed up with an email with the exact instructions. The nurses were very available for questions. You'd have to leave a message with the front desk, but a nurse would call you back, even after hours. Cons: There are a LOT of patients in and out each day. The waiting time for monitoring hours can be long. If you arrive a few minutes before they open at 7am, that's your best bet for a short wait time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring hours are from 7am-9am, but the waiting room gets very full and the wait times can be very long. The best time to go is first thing in the morning and be there when they open at 7am. Each time I did this, I never waited more than 10 minutes. However, the waiting does have WiFi, which is nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Approx $18K
NY - Eastside

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Flisser did not seem to be an expert in diminished ovarian reserve. He was not particularly encouraging based on my high FSH numbers and low antral follicle count. He was not willing to proceed with retrieval with a low number of follicles , which for me seem to be inevitable and with a different doctor at anotehr clinic, l I was able to proceed even though I had only produced four or five follicles and I had a successful pregnancy based on that procedure ... It involved high doses of Gonal-F and estrogen priming and something else . It didn't seem particularly well suited for my diminished ovarian reserve diagnosis although I think from flexor's point of view the high doses were targeted to my non-receptive ovaries .
This [RMA of New York] really seems like a for-profit operation. It's not a pleasant place to be -- dark, gloomy, cramped and not particularly clean. I don't think it's a good clinic for people with the diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve... It involved high doses of Gonal-F and estrogen priming and something else . It didn't seem particularly well suited for my diminished ovarian reserve diagnosis although I think from flexor's point of view the high doses were targeted to my non-receptive ovaries .
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Flisser did not seem to be an expert in diminished ovarian reserve. He was not particularly encouraging based on my high FSH numbers and low antral follicle count. He was not willing to proceed with retrieval with a low number of follicles , which for me seem to be inevitable and with a different doctor at anotehr clinic, l I was able to proceed even though I had only produced four or five follicles and I had a successful pregnancy based on that procedure . With Flisser there was also a whole situation where he thought I had an ectopic pregnancy and was recommending that I have a shot to induce a chemical abortion . I was certain that it was not ectopic but merely a blighted ovum which I had experienced in the past, and knew the symptoms of. I didn't want to take the pill because it would delay our next IVF cycle for several months, which is a bigger headache than it sounds like given the proliferation of days the clinic is closed in January, not to mention the very strong ticking of my biological clock given the DOR. In the end, I did not take the shot against his advice and it turned out it was not an ectopic but merely a blighted ovum as I had suspected. I think Flisser was erring on the side of caution, but this whole situation really left a bad taste in my mouth. He wasn't physically there for the after-hours appointment where the nurse was trying to push the abortion shot on me. He did, however, talk to me on the phone about it, which I suppose is generous of him. But in general, the situation made me feel like maybe fertility doctors like him aren't experts in early pregnancy in which case they should really refer patients to someone else instead of trying to diagnose things that are not within their realm of expertise.
Leave RMA quickly unless you have really simple problems. My friends whose only infertility issues involved low sperm count did well with RMA. Others with DOR and other diagnoses really found better results elsewhere.
The waiting room procedure made me feel like a numbe . Also Flisser's reaction to my lab results and his canceling retrieval based on poor stimulation response made me feel like a number.
I don't remember the specifics . It involved high doses of Gonal-F and estrogen priming and something else . It didn't seem particularly well suited for my diminished ovarian reserve diagnosis although I think from flexor's point of view the high doses were targeted to my non-receptive ovaries .
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I don't really remember but the whole place was not well run it was gloomy in efficient and pleasant and infantizing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This really seems like a for-profit operation. It's not a pleasant place to be -- dark, gloomy, cramped and not particularly clean. I don't think it's a good clinic for people with the diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I never got to that point with Flisser, sadly.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
NY - Westside

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Flisser is very knowledgeable about his field and he is ready to respond during an office visit. Unfortunately i did not get pregnant and he never really adjusted the protocol after several failed transfers. Also, it was not possible to contact him directly, i always had to go through the nurses which made things very frustrating....All my IVFs were with an antagonist protocol and although i had several embryos i had several failed IVFs and one miscarriage.
The weakness is that they [RMA - Long Island] have too many patients and it is hard to get a protocol that is specifically tailored to the individual patient. If you are a difficult case or their protocols do not work then they do not adjust. Their strength is that they have a very good embryo lab....The supporting stuff are very good, unfortunately i think there are too many patients in the clinic which can make the phone calls you get for the medication to be very late in the day.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
If you do not get pregnant after a couple of IVFs either change doctor or change clinics.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
There are too many patients in this clinic. On the weekend i had to travel to NYC for monitoring (the Garden City office is closed on weekends) and many times I had to wait 1-1.5 hours to do an ultrasound and blood work.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
The weakness is that they have too many patients and it is hard to get a protocol that is specifically tailored to the individual patient. If you are a difficult case or their protocols do not work then they do not adjust. Their strength is that they have a very good embryo lab.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
When i would go to the monitoring in Garden City there was not a lot of wait but in the weekend that office is closed so i had to go to NYC. The wait could be anywhere from 1 to 1.5 hours.
Eric Flisser
RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)
Garden City