7.3

NYU

Eric Flisser works at

635 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
212-756-5777

My first interaction with Dr. Flisser was for a consultation after 2 failed IVF cycle. He suggested to do another IVF with my eggs inspite of having failed cycles with my own eggs but after a through search and soul searching I have decided to do a donor egg IVF cycle which Dr. Flisser agreed...We have used a shared donor egg and had a medicated embryo transfer (Estrace and Progresterone used)
The office [of RMA of New York] could get busy during monitoring hours but rest assured that you will be seen. Navigating the process might be overwhelming for a new patient but there is always a nurse that you can ask if you have any concerns after a visit...We will be using a shared donor cycle with ICSI and PGT; Frozen Embryo Transfer at a later date. total cost for the cycle is about $ 29,000.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
My first interaction with Dr. Flisser was for a consultation after 2 failed IVF cycle. He suggested to do another IVF with my eggs inspite of having failed cycles with my own eggs but after a through search and soul searching I have decided to do a donor egg IVF cycle which Dr. Flisser agreed. I will continue to meet him once in a while during monitoring hours (they have different doctors doing monitoring hours) but if I see him, he will answer my questions and I didn't feel rushed asking them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Have your questions ready. Know and write your "infertility story/journey" so you have something to refer to during consultations and monitoring hours. Don't be afraid to discuss any suggestions or anything that might help success with your cycle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
He reviewed with me my previous cycle in their clinic while I was in the consultation. He listened and answered all my questions during the visit. After a failed cycle, I met with him as to discuss as to what happened. As a patient with multiple failed cycle, I wanted to hear an exact explanation as to why the cycle failed (we used a donor egg) and of course I did't get the answer I wanted but he was empathetic about the results and was open to any suggestions I had moving forward with another cycle.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We have used a shared donor egg and had a medicated embryo transfer (Estrace and Progresterone used). We had 2 normal PGD and 1 was transferred but was unsuccessful. Dr. Flisser discussed that we don't see everything with a biopsied embryo and this is most likely what happened here.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara )
I only have spoken with Dara (nurse) over the phone and via email but she is great. She responds quickly to email! I met their donor egg coordinator, Fabiana and she is fabulous. She showed compassion during our first meeting and spend time to hear my concerns about using donor egg.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is my second time coming back to RMA so that means something! They are a well oil machine and have been in the fertility department for a while now. The office could get busy during monitoring hours but rest assured that you will be seen. Navigating the process might be overwhelming for a new patient but there is always a nurse that you can ask if you have any concerns after a visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Since this is a normal PGD embryo and with my age they choose only to put a single embryo transfer which I am okay here.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I know they are a busy clinic with multiple patients calling or inquiring with results. We had some tests done and didn't receive a call as we were told we would have. I hadto email the nurse about the result. I know she would have called but you also need to be on top of your care. There were some slight issues with their billing department. I have received a bill after the cycle has ended and have paid for the treatment. It was resolved quickly but imagine receiving a bill after all of that!
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Eric Flisser] took time always to answer all of my questions and talk through my different ideas and options...was very knowledgeable about my particular issue and took a lot of time to explain it to me and come up with a treatment plan that took into account my age, what I was up against and the number of children I want...put me on a protocol that would produce enough eggs so that we could pgs test them, but not one that would get me anywhere near hyperstimulating. The rational was that because of my translocation we needed the maximum number of eggs possible so that many embryos could be tested. He made a plan to bank some embryos while I continued to try naturally on my own.
Because my embryos were pgs tested we only transferred one at a time [at RMA of New York]...Very organized, efficient, always open, available to see me and take blood at flexible times, very nice staff, very friendly and comfortable. I would have liked to have had an easier time communicating with the woman in the insurance department...Courtney [nurse] was sometimes a bit confusing. She ordered the wrong test for my embryos but it ended up working for my specific issue. There were a few days where I wasn't sure it would work and that I wouldn't be able to test my embryos again.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Eric Flisser was very knowledgeable about my particular issue and took a lot of time to explain it to me and come up with a treatment plan that took into account my age, what I was up against and the number of children I want.
To see him.
He took time always to answer all of my questions and talk through my different ideas and options.
Dr. Flisser put me on a protocol that would produce enough eggs so that we could pgs test them, but not one that would get me anywhere near hyperstimulating. The rational was that because of my translocation we needed the maximum number of eggs possible so that many embryos could be tested. He made a plan to bank some embryos while I continued to try naturally on my own.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Courtney was sometimes a bit confusing. She ordered the wrong test for my embryos but it ended up working for my specific issue. There were a few days where I wasn't sure it would work and that I wouldn't be able to test my embryos again.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
it was very efficient.
Because my embryos were pgs tested we only transferred one at a time.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The only thing that went wrong was that the nurse ordered the wrong genetic test for 7 embryos after my first retrieval. The test ended up being sufficient.
NY - Eastside

I came into the consultation with almost 10 pages of questions-seriously. He [Dr. Flisser] patiently answered every single one.... We only did a consultation and ended up going somewhere else because we wanted a doctor with stronger bed side manner. However, he did answer all of our endless questions and was very blunt so I knew if I went with him he would not have sugarcoated anything.
After we decided not to go to this clinic [RMA of NY], they still tried billing my insurance for a cycle. They did correct it after I called attention to it, but made me feel that they weren’t totally organized. One positive was the person who helped me make my appointment seemed very organized and even helped get this billing mistake fixed.... [Dr. Flisser] said that they would not transfer mosaic but you could ship them to someone else outside their clinic to do it if you wanted.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
If you’re looking for bluntness and don’t care as much about bedside manner, he is for you.
I came into the consultation with almost 10 pages of questions-seriously. He patiently answered every single one.
We only went to him for a consultation. He did say we would have to be aggressive. I only had a few follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I did not have large interactions with them during consultation aside from ultrasound. Nurse was very nice during that.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
After we decided not to go to this clinic, they still tried billing my insurance for a cycle. They did correct it after I called attention to it, but made me feel that they weren’t totally organized. One positive was the person who helped me make my appointment seemed very organized and even helped get this billing mistake fixed.
My insurance covered it fully.
Said he preferred single. Also said that they would not transfer mosaic but you could ship them to someone else outside their clinic to do it if you wanted.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Flisser is very academic in nature and therefore is able to explain things in a very scientific and clear manner. I felt during the course of treatment that he didn't always address all of my concerns as quickly as I would have liked. I usually had to push to add new hormones or try new things after repeated failed IUIs. Dr. Flisser is a very kind and warm person with a gentle bedside manner...knows what he is doing and in the end was probably correct in his course of treatment however, I would have appreciated a little more understanding/compassion when I was feeling anxious, confused, etc.
It's extremely hard to feel like a human at a facility such as RMA. They see so many patients every day and you are not always seen by your main doctor so you don't feel like anyone really knows your situation/case very well...Dr. Flisser is very academic in nature and therefore is able to explain things in a very scientific and clear manner. I felt during the course of treatment that he didn't always address all of my concerns as quickly as I would have liked. I usually had to push to add new hormones or try new things after repeated failed IUIs. Dr. Flisser is a very kind and warm person with a gentle bedside manner.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser knows what he is doing and in the end was probably correct in his course of treatment however, I would have appreciated a little more understanding/compassion when I was feeling anxious, confused, etc.