7.3

Eric Flisser works at

635 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
212-756-5777

2020, Unsuccessful
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. ... ... I feel very well taken care of. ...We did the microflare lupron protocol. Accdg to the nurse, it was because I have DOR and it would be a good protocol for me. However, i did not have enough matured follicles for the egg retrieval to happy. It only resulted to 2 mature one size 18, 16 and 2 small ones size 13-14. So we had to cancel the ER and did an IUI instead. It was not successful.
Strength- they [RMA of New York] are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean. ... Courtney was very helpful during our ivf treatment. She responds promptly and alway very pleasant to talk to. She is knowledgeable and very good at her job. Ariel is also very nice and caring.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. He answered all of our concerns and we didn’t feel rushed at all especially we had our appointment at the end of the day. During the course of the treatment, we had to change the course of tx to iui because I didnt have enough eggs for the retrieval. He was kind enough to call us while he was on vacation to explain to us why we must take this route. He was very kind and understanding. I feel very well taken care of.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I believe that RMA and Dr. Flisser treated me like a human being not a number. He and his team took time to answer my questions and they responded to all my queries quickly. He also listens to our concerns
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength- they are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Minus insurance coverage it was $10,622 + 750 for anesthesia.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Well, he suggested that we should only have single embryo transfer since we would have done a pgs testing. I would rather have 2 if it was up to me
NY - Eastside

From the first consultation to our last visit with Dr. Flisser, my husband and I were treated like humans with feelings, hopes, and desires. Dr. Flisser immediately made us feel at ease, hopeful, and excited about our fertility prospects. He took the time to learn about us as individuals, beyond the minimum information he needed to know to proceed with our treatment....I was incredibly impressed by his ability to describe medical procedures and situations in terms that anyone could understand
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I truly cannot express how wonderful Dr. Flisser was. He made me feel so comfortable throughout the process. He always kept my husband and I in the loop, explaining what was happening, what he was doing, what the next steps were, and what we could expect. As a scientist myself, I was incredibly impressed by his ability to describe medical procedures and situations in terms that anyone could understand. He had such a calm, reassuring demeanor that I knew I didn’t have to worry about ANYTHING—all I had to do was take my medications as prescribed and show up when scheduled and Dr. Flisser and the RMA team would ensure that everything would work out.
CHOOSE DR. FLISSER! I can’t imagine there being a better doctor for IVF (or fertility treatment more generally).
From the first consultation to our last visit with Dr. Flisser, my husband and I were treated like humans with feelings, hopes, and desires. Dr. Flisser immediately made us feel at ease, hopeful, and excited about our fertility prospects. He took the time to learn about us as individuals, beyond the minimum information he needed to know to proceed with our treatment. Every time he walked into the examination room I felt cared for and felt that he was truly invested in getting the best outcome for me—not just to improve his numbers, but because he seemed to actually care. I NEVER felt as if I were just a number or part of some fertility factory when in Dr. Flisser’s care (or when interacting with anyone at RMA).
Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. Menopur, cetrotide, and follistim during egg retrieval. Lupron trigger. Progesterone (once daily) and estradiol (3 times daily) prior to, during, and after transfer. Results: 13 eggs harvested, 9 embryos created, 5 embryos available for transfer after genetic testing. I never really felt any “different” on any of the medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Arielle)
All of the nurses were great. They promptly called me every morning or early afternoon with my results and instructions and took the time to carefully explain everything and answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
When selecting RMA, I noticed that some of the their reviews and feedback online described it as a factory. This was not my experience at all. Everyone there was incredibly nice, patient, and professional. The blood team always was so kind and sweet, giving me there warm wishes that everything would work out for me. The clinic could not have been nicer. Although it was busy at times, that is something you just have to accept as part of the process. I was never there more than an hour during screens, and on average I was there for a half hour. I truly cannot think of any weaknesses of the clinic. Every doctor I met would incredibly smart and had a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient, well-oiled machine. Each monitoring visit lasted between 20-60 minutes, depending on when I showed up and how busy it was. 60 minutes was extreme, and only happened maybe once or twice out of dozens of visits.
Around $7,000
Dr. Flisser recommenced single embryo transfer because it is safer for mother and baby.
NY - Eastside

Dr Flisser was very responsive during all of my treatment cycles. Always available to answer any questions and very prompt as well. He gives you a realistic idea of what to expect during the process and was also available to answer questions even after I had transferred care to my OB at 8 weeks gestation. Very caring and knowledgeable... We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried clomid with IUI for 3 cycles and then moved on to IVF
The doctors [at RMA NY] are great clinicians and very responsive. Same with the nurses. Yes, there are a large number of patients in the morning during monitoring hours however the clinic does a great job of keeping organized and making sure you’re informed about all results in a timely fashion. The one thing I did not like about the clinic was the billing department . They sent bills a year and half after I was discharged from the clinic for amounts that had been paid by my insurance already.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Please see prior answer. He is very caring and knowledgeable. He has remained responsive through the whole treatment process and even after. Gives realistic expectations. Would definitely recommend him
Trust him. If you have questions don’t hesitate to ask as he is very open and responsive to answering them.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried clomid with IUI for 3 cycles and then moved on to IVF which worked on the first cycle for us. Never did he push us to go one way or the other but rather always gave us our options and allowed us to chose
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney )
Great staff and very prompt in calling back with test results
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The doctors are great clinicians and very responsive. Same with the nurses. Yes, there are a large number of patients in the morning during monitoring hours however the clinic does a great job of keeping organized and making sure you’re informed about all results in a timely fashion. The one thing I did not like about the clinic was the billing department . They sent bills a year and half after I was discharged from the clinic for amounts that had been paid by my insurance already. Specifically Destiny C from their collections department called me saying I would be sent to collections for the amount and I called my insurance and found out The bill was paid by them and they I was being illegally charged for it
Cycles covered by insurance. Had to pay few thousand for medications and for anesthesiologist and genetic testing
Happy to have had single embryo transfer as multiples could have led to a complicated pregnancy

2019, 31 Eggs Frozen
From the first consultation throughout the entire 2 egg freezing cycles I did, Dr. Flisser was extremely professional, took the time to thoroughly answer any questions I had, and he had a very warm bedside manner...He is extremely intelligent and up to date on current fertility research and practices. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions and you can tell he cares about his patients and has a warm bedside manner, but also he will be very honest and gives you scientific answers which I appreciated. I was also happy with the amount of eggs retrieved. He is truly the best of the best and I highly recommend him!
My one complaint was that I was not informed by RMA that I could go to the Merrick office [of RMA of New York] during weekend monitoring, so instead I commuted into Manhatthan a few times when it was not necessary. The East side location's waiting room is very crowded and there is sometimes a long wait time, however, it didn't take away from the level of care and attention...does not accept all forms of insurance, including Medicaid. Egg freezing in general is usually not covered by insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket. RMA did offer me a $500 discount for these recent cycles, though.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is an amazing doctor!! One of the best I have ever been to!! I feel very grateful that he was assigned to me! He is extremely intelligent and up to date on current fertility research and practices. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions and you can tell he cares about his patients and has a warm bedside manner, but also he will be very honest and gives you scientific answers which I appreciated. I was also happy with the amount of eggs retrieved. He is truly the best of the best and I highly recommend him!
He is extremely intelligent and will give you good advice based on research and up to date knowledge on fertility practice, so do not hesitate to ask any questions you have.
For both cycles, I was given the same protocol. : Follistim, Ganirelex, and Menopur were the main stimulation medications. Lupron and Pregnyl were the trigger shots.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at RMA are awesome! Very organized, respond promptly to any concerns, and very nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I've read in other reviews that RMA runs like an oiled machine and they are spot on with that! RMA team are very efficient and the process ran so smoothly. Everyone I dealt with was nice. The office/waiting rooms especially in Manhatthan can get crowded, however, I never felt that I nor my needs were not important- I always felt I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I live on Long Island so did majority of monitoring appointments at Long Island office (Garden City) which is brand new and very pleasant!! My one complaint was that I was not informed by RMA that I could go to the Merrick office during weekend monitoring, so instead I commuted into Manhatthan a few times when it was not necessary. The East side location's waiting room is very crowded and there is sometimes a long wait time, however, it didn't take away from the level of care and attention.
My one disappointment is that RMA does not accept all forms of insurance, including Medicaid. Egg freezing in general is usually not covered by insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket. RMA did offer me a $500 discount for these recent cycles, though.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
RMA is a baby factor. It is often highly difficult to get someone on the phone, and even harder to get a call back. While my doctor [Dr. Flisser] treated me as an individual, the clinic absolutely makes you feel like an impersonal number. It can be very frustrating and upsetting not to feel valued....I have dealt with many nurses who have all been helpful to varying degrees. Courtney, my IVF coordinator, has been absolutely wonderful and accessible.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Dr. Flisser is an asset to the RMA community. He is a kind, caring, and well informed doctor who has helped me to navigate through an awful and emotional process in a compassionate and meaningful manner. Although he did not personally perform each of my IUIs, he was always involved with the treatment protocol. During a particularly difficult time for me, Dr. Flisser sat on the phone with me for 45 minutes reassuring me and helping me to understand what was going to happen. As I’m about to begin my ivf journey, I am absolutely confident in Dr. flisser’s abilities to get me my desired outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Be a partner in your care; ask questions and be informed about your care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Dr. Flisser always makes me feel like I have his full attention both when I’m in his office talking or while undergoing treatment. Although the office is hectic and the office staff are often difficult to reach, Dr. Flisser always returns phone calls and provides his full attention. He is compassionate and informative, always making sure that my husband and I have full understanding of all of our treatment options before leaving his office. Although I have not yet gotten my positive test, I am confident that Dr. Flisser will get us there.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
Due to my diagnosis of PCOS and hypothyroidism, I was prescribed Clomid, ovidrel, and endometrin for my IUis. Going forward, I will be doing IVF with ICSI. I’m unsure of the specific protocol being used at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
RMA is a baby factor. It is often highly difficult to get someone on the phone, and even harder to get a call back. While my doctor treated me as an individual, the clinic absolutely makes you feel like an impersonal number. It can be very frustrating and upsetting not to feel valued. Specifically regarding the Long Island office, I have always had a pleasant experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
IUI was covered by insurance, IVF will cost approximately 16,000.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Dr. Flisser does recommend eSET and while I would like to do multiple embryo transfers, I understand his rationale.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Flisser is a very kind, very warm man who really cared when speaking to us and always took as much time as was necessary to explain his thoughts on our treatment and why we were doing what we were doing...Dr Flisser is a great doctor, but is also part of a larger group of doctors....We completed seven IVF cycles with Dr Flisser. In broad strokes, the cycles were similar not not identical.... He cares, he is very human and humane, but ultimately works in a system that is designed for what works for the most number of people and can only tailor a specific treatment for our needs within certain limitations.
this is a very large practice [RMA] and there will be times when you might feel like a number rather than a patient...once you are behind the scenes, our treatment always seemed very personal... it has a first come, first served policy. Once you get a handle on when things are busy and how long they last, it is very easy to work around the monitoring hours...Olga was our local coordinator, she handled our paperwork and telling us our lab results and what was expected for the following day or week, whichever was appropriate.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr Flisser is a great doctor, but is also part of a larger group of doctors. The group seems to help set the overall standards of what is considered appropriate treatments and Flisser must work within those standards. He cares, he is very human and humane, but ultimately works in a system that is designed for what works for the most number of people and can only tailor a specific treatment for our needs within certain limitations.
Speak as much as possible, the more he knows the better he is able to treat you. Be an active participant in your medical care.
We completed seven IVF cycles with Dr Flisser. In broad strokes, the cycles were similar not not identical. The cycles all started with differing levels of Follistim and Menopur, followed by Ganirelix. We shifted from a Lupron trigger to a larger HCG trigger as our treatments progressed. We went in to the Garden City office for monitoring (blood and sono) during weekdays (we needed to run to the main Manhattan office on weekends). We would do a retrieval in Manhattan, followed by a fresh transfer on Day 5 (RMA only offers Day 5 transfers) and we always forewent PGS genetic testing. Our second cycle did produce a positive pregnancy result, but only lasted seven weeks until a miscarriage occurred. As we progressed in our cycles, we also decided to explore other, complimentary, options to our medical treatment. These ranged from added vitamins and antioxidants to thrice weekly acupuncture to more experimental methods involving immune-therapy. Dr Flisser was mostly receptive to our concerns, but did tell us when he thought these alternative methods would interfere with our regular regimen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Olga)
Olga was our local coordinator, she handled our paperwork and telling us our lab results and what was expected for the following day or week, whichever was appropriate. (We had a different financial coordinator). Olga was not in charge of the day to day blood testing, that was Chrisi, who was always fantastic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
You should be aware that this is a very large practice and there will be times when you might feel like a number rather than a patient. However, a crowded waiting room does not mean that you are part of a conveyor belt, once you are behind the scenes, our treatment always seemed very personal. A large practice gives many pluses and minuses, and you should think about what you are comfortable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This is a large practice and it has a first come, first served policy. Once you get a handle on when things are busy and how long they last, it is very easy to work around the monitoring hours. However, my wife and I had a great deal of flexibility in our morning schedules, which allowed us to handle the monitoring quite easily, your results may vary.
The costs were considerable, but we were fortunate enough to have very good insurance and our insurance company classified this place as a "center of excellence" which offered it's own significant advantages. We also had a finance coordinator who took care of our billing for us.
In general, Dr Flisser is open to lots of different approaches, but does work from the overall statistics about what works best for the most people. This is a great overall approach, but may not work for everyone by definition, so it is important to be active in your own care.
NY - Eastside

[RMA of New York is a] well oiled machine but factory like in that theres a lot of people. I personally don't mind that it's like a factory because Dr. Flisser always makes an effort to see and treat his patients...Arielle is the best! She is compassionate and always makes herself available even when she is not actually working...Dr. Flisser gives out his email address and always responds within a day or two. He makes times to talk to you on the phone and candidly answers all questions.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is very smart and very honest. He is also open to hearing patient's concerns and is willing to think outside box. For example, although RMA doesn't really believe in immunology protocols, Dr. Flisser was supportive and still worked with me when I went to see one because he knew it was something I really wanted. Dr. Flisser is not only an amazing doctor but he is an amazing person. The night before my egg retrieval I realized I did not have the medicine for my trigger shot. Dr. Flisser drove to the office and to my apartment and hand delivered the medication to me. I have been to three RE's now and he is truly the best.
You're in good hands. Don't be afraid to ask questions and always be your own advocate
1 egg retrieval with ICSI, 6 embryos resulting all PGS tested. First frozen transfer resulted in chemical pregnancy. Second FET resulted in 7.5 week miscarriage followed by a D&C. Endometrial biopsy found endometritis and products of conception, needed a hysteroscopy. Third FET resulted in negative pregnancy test
My insurance covered my FET but not ICSI and not PGS testing
He is a proponent of single embryo transfers
NY - Eastside

We are so incredibly thankful to Dr. Flisser for guiding us through this process, and have actually recommended some of our family members to RMA as a result...Dr. Flisser has an extensive understanding of fertility, remains very current on the newest technologies, is incredibly patient and thorough, and ultimately helped us conceive our first child. We were trying to get pregnant for about a year, ended up doing two rounds of IUI which unfortunately didn't work, and finally ended up doing a retrieval using PGD, ICSI, and a 5 day transfer that worked.
This Madison Ave location of RMA is very busy...LOVED Arielle [nurse] , she was amazing to work with, super responsive, incredibly caring, and an overall wonderful person...$15k for the retrieval and transfer. Another $2k for PGD testing, and then the medication was separate, around $3,500...RMA does a great job of getting results. They can be super busy at times, and depending on when you go the wait times can be long, but it's an incredibly competent office with a very strong team.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser has an extensive understanding of fertility, remains very current on the newest technologies, is incredibly patient and thorough, and ultimately helped us conceive our first child. We were trying to get pregnant for about a year, ended up doing two rounds of IUI which unfortunately didn't work, and finally ended up doing a retrieval using PGD, ICSI, and a 5 day transfer that worked. We are so incredibly thankful to Dr. Flisser for guiding us through this process, and have actually recommended some of our family members to RMA as a result.
Dr. Flisser was exactly the type of doctor that we tend to gravitate towards. He's very direct and thorough, always erring on the side of reality and odds rather than providing a false hope or narrative. I think this can often times be interpreted as having a cold bed-side manner because he's often very direct about statistics, chances of success, etc. Rather than sugar coat things he simply conveys what they know about fertility, what the data suggests, etc. However, while his approach can sometimes be a bit more clinical in nature, he's extremely patient, understanding and thorough. We started so many sentences with "this may be a dumb question, but..." and every time he would say it's not a dumb question at all and proceed to calmly walk us through everything. This Madison Ave location of RMA is very busy, but we never felt rushed or like he was trying to finish our appointment so he could work with the next couple. As time went on, we developed a great rapport with Dr. Flisser and were truly thankful he was our doctor.
LOVED Arielle, she was amazing to work with, super responsive, incredibly caring, and an overall wonderful person.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
~$15k for the retrieval and transfer. Another $2k for PGD testing, and then the medication was separate, around $3,500
Dr. Flisser felt that if we didn't want to have twins, and weren't in a crazy rush to have kids, that the eSET gave us the best chance to have a singleton and ultimately would lead to less potential pregnancy complications vs transferring multiple embryos.

2015 - 2017, Successful
I felt that Dr. Flisser was going to help us be successful in having a child and he was...He is very confident in his expertise and skills as a RE. While his demeanor could be misconstrued as dismissive saying things like, “I’m the doctor.” I actually felt that was an important message for him to say and for me to hear. We were more conecernes tbat his numbers spoke for our chance for success. Dr. Flisser is definitely a numbers guy, but that does not mean that we were treated as a number.
RMA (east side) definitely feels like a baby factory. However, my feelings about this are positive...they have incredible resources because of the number of patients they see...The nurses are wonderful at RMA.... it can feel disheartening to sit in a waiting room with so many other couples, often this is what attributes patients feeling like a number, but for me it helped me to not feel so alone sitting among so many other hopeful parents...We paid roughly 25% of the tots IVF costs. PGS and the freezing of embryos was on us.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I felt that Dr. Flisser was going to help us be successful in having a child and he was. There were setbacks when treatments didn’t work, however I felt that as long as Dr. Flisser didn’t give up on us, we shouldn’t give up on him. He is very confident in his expertise and skills as a RE. While his demeanor could be misconstrued as dismissive saying things like, “I’m the doctor.” I actually felt that was an important message for him to say and for me to hear. We were more conecernes tbat his numbers spoke for our chance for success. Dr. Flisser is definitely a numbers guy, but that does not mean that we were treated as a number. He is invested in seeing his patients through to a positive and healthy pregnancy.
Let him do his job as an RE and build a support system of friends for the emotional support that you will certainly need. I’d give this advice regardless of who the fertility doctor is, and that is: If a cycle doesn’t work the first time don’t switch doctors just because it didn’t work. I think they are putting together a puzzle and the first time is only one piece. Unfortunately, I think people have to shift expectations of fertility treatments being a perfect science. It most definitely is not. Dr. Flisser very clearly understands the percentages and numbers and it was comforting and helpful as we dug in towards additional treatments that he could share the true chances of success.
Dr. Flisser took true ownership of our fertility process. On multiple occasions he made it apparent that he was going to be the one present for me because I was “his,” patient.
We did 3 IUI’s with trigger shot and clomid and then because of our age and history of infertility did IVF. Egg retrieval brought 20 eggs. Of those 10 were fertilized with ICSI and 4 embryos made it to the 5th day blastocyst. We had PGS performed and 3 were considered viable. I had a single embryo transferred that was AA grade, male, which resulted in a negative test. I had a BC embryo, male, transferred that resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I had the final CC embryo transferred that resulted in our wonderful daughter.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses are wonderful at RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA (east side) definitely feels like a baby factory. However, my feelings about this are positive. The fact that so many people go there is because it works. They have incredible resources because of the number of patients they see. Ultimately I wanted a place with good success rates and RMA has that. Sure, it can feel disheartening to sit in a waiting room with so many other couples, often this is what attributes patients feeling like a number, but for me it helped me to not feel so alone sitting among so many other hopeful parents.
Insurance covered most of the IUI cycles less co-pays and medication co-pays. We paid roughly 25% of the tots IVF costs. PGS and the freezing of embryos was on us.
It was hard to accept that Dr. Flisser was only transferring one embryo at a time. We wanted “insta-family.” However, he is concerned about having healthy babies and healthy mothers, which multiples have more risks. Dr. Flisser held a pretty hard line of only transferring one at a time. We know he has transferred multiples but our understanding is he resorts to that only after multiple failed attempts with one.

2013 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Flisser was always aware of everything that was going on with my cycle. He was super compassionate when I had a loss and gave me a great pep talk even though i didn't want to hear it. ... He did his best to review my file from my other doctor and find out the best stim protocol to yield many babies. ... Dr. Flisser was extremely concerned about multiple births. Given my situation and my quality embryos he was adamant about only transferring 1 embryo at a time.
I hated the fact that I had to go to the city for retrieval and transfer. But most people were warm and encouraging. They got you in and out quickly, but sometimes you had to wait for the person ahead of you to be done. ... IT [monitoring] was well oiled machine. Never a line. ALways took them on a first come first serve basis. ... She [nurse] was good. Always called me back. But she was busy so hard to get in contact with.
Dr. Flisser was always aware of everything that was going on with my cycle. He was super compassionate when I had a loss and gave me a great pep talk even though i didn't want to hear it. He was always willing to listen to me cry and always said something positive to try to make me feel better. He had an answer for everything. He's was my biggest cheerleader. Even though he didn't take my insurance, he still offered to complete the DNC after my MC when my OB wasn't available. For lack of a better phrase "i love him" and would recommend him to anyone and everyone. My first doctor couldn't compare. He was also stating that the Lab that his office worked with was much better than the one I had come from before, so he was able to somehow guarentee results even though it took 2 fresh cycles of IVF and 4 FETS to yield 2 healthy children. And he was also willing to work with me financially as the cost of 10 IVF cycles out of pocket could be super costly.
Make sure you take control of your body and allow him or his staff to explain everything to you. Do not take "NO" for an answer
Dr. Flisser is so warm. He made me feel important and had a great bedside manner. He was completely understanding of my situation and helped me understand my issue. He also took a lot of time with me during my visits and allowed me to ask as many questions as I could. He also took time to explain the process and his staff was very nice and accommodating too.
After having failed 4 fresh cycles of IVF, i was familiar with protocol. He did his best to review my file from my other doctor and find out the best stim protocol to yield many babies. As it was a long time ago, I only remember being on Gonal F and Menopure. I can't tell you exactly how much But for Menopure I remember starting with 2 viles and then going up to 3. Their lab must have been great because I yielded 6 healthy embryos in 2 cycles which i never had before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Olga - long island office )
She was good. Always called me back. But she was busy so hard to get in contact with.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
I hated the fact that I had to go to the city for retrieval and transfer. But most people were warm and encouraging. They got you in and out quickly, but sometimes you had to wait for the person ahead of you to be done. This is a trying time for everyone, it would be good if the staff could be a bit more encouraging and have more answers to questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
IT was well oiled machine. Never a line. ALways took them on a first come first serve basis.
So my Full IVF Cycle was 13,750. And my frozen Cycle was 3350. The cost of PGS was 3,000 plus a 1600 lab fee. They are close estimations.
So, Dr. Flisser was extremely concerned about multiple births. Given my situation and my quality embryos he was adamant about only transferring 1 embryo at a time. He thought that carrying twins would not be an option for my situation and he fought me tooth and nail about transferring only one. He won! The only time we transferred 2 embryos was the very last transfer that i did with him and 1 of the embryos was not very good quality. He was pretty sure that , that one was not going to take. And he was right.
Garden City
Dr. Flisser got us the results we wanted - a perfectly healthy pregnancy. He was very honest and candid about the best treatment options. Even when we didn't get to see him, we felt confident he was monitoring our case, and dictating our treatment. He was always friendly, professional, and clear.... He's busy, and has lots of patients. Don't expect him to hold your hand or give you emotional comfort. ...once you are with Dr. Flisser, he answers all questions, and does not seem rushed...
[RMA] Strengths: They get results, efficient, and have enough staff to handle lots of patients. They are quick with giving you results, and open 364 days a year. Weaknesses: Some of less experienced folks struggle with taking your blood. Expect to wait 15-20 minutes each time due to the high volume....Dr. Flisser's nurse Ariel was fantastic. Always responded / returned calls promptly, and addressed all of our concerns. It can sometimes be hard to get a hold of a nurse when they are having a busy day or on weekends.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
He's busy, and has lots of patients. Don't expect him to hold your hand or give you emotional comfort. But if you want results, he is the one to go to. I trust him and his medical opinion completely.
The clinic is busy, and runs very efficiently. Waiting during monitoring visits can make you feel like a number, but once you are with Dr. Flisser, he answers all questions, and does not seem rushed.
We did an IUI cycle w/ clomid. Pregnancy on first try, but ended in miscarriage. We went to IVF after that with gonal-F, menapur, garilanyx, and this resulted in a successful egg retrieval. We opted to do PGS testing, and ended up with 11 healthy embryos. We did an e-set frozen embryo transfer that resulted in healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel )
Dr. Flisser's nurse Ariel was fantastic. Always responded / returned calls promptly, and addressed all of our concerns. It can sometimes be hard to get a hold of a nurse when they are having a busy day or on weekends. But overall we didnt have a question that went more than a day unanswered.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient, but busy and wait times were never more than 20 minutes.
Insurance covered almost all of it. Very little out of pocket costs - $40 an ultrasound, and $2000 for genetic testing but that was optional.
We didn't discuss. Dr Flisser recommended eSET from the start, and we went with that.
2013 - 2017, Successful
I've worked with Dr. Flisser twice, once to freeze eggs when I was 35 and more recently with my husband when we had trouble conceiving on our own. ...ne thing I like most about Dr. Flisser's approach is that he covers all the bases up front. In other words, we did IVF (w/ICSI) with PGS on our first cycle rather than trying IUI and then the next time trying IVF and then the next time trying IVF with PGS which is what some friends who worked with other clinics/doctors experienced. I also liked that Dr. Flisser performed complete testing up front so that we knew everything we may be challenged with early and could address early.
At RMA you see whatever dr. is rounding on the days that you visit. I had good experiences with all the doctors. The nurses were also helpful. I've had some difficulties dealing with the financial team in terms of responsiveness, but nothing that would push me to not work with RMA again in the future....All in, for IVF (w/ICSI) and PGS, I think the cost was around $15,000 out of pocket.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I've worked with Dr. Flisser twice, once to freeze eggs when I was 35 and more recently with my husband when we had trouble conceiving on our own. We went through 2 IVF (w/ICSI) cycles with Dr. Flisser and for both decided to do PGS as well. We're now due with a baby boy in a couple of months. I know others who have had infertility challenges and one thing I like most about Dr. Flisser's approach is that he covers all the bases up front. In other words, we did IVF (w/ICSI) with PGS on our first cycle rather than trying IUI and then the next time trying IVF and then the next time trying IVF with PGS which is what some friends who worked with other clinics/doctors experienced. I also liked that Dr. Flisser performed complete testing up front so that we knew everything we may be challenged with early and could address early. Dr. Flisser's demeanor is pretty direct and to the point, which I really liked because I wasn't given false promises or hope, just the facts in what was already an emotional time. I would recommend Dr. Flisser over and over again and plan to work with him again in a few years when we're ready for baby number 2.
Ask questions. He'll answer them all.
I always felt "like a human" with Dr. Flisser himself. I don't know if it's RMA or just the process, but with so many visits to take blood and for monitoring, sometimes that part of the experience can feel a little like a factory and "a number".
IVF with ICSI for male inftertility PGS
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours are set in the morning and there are quite a few people there. It was nothing that really bothered me though -- just kind of felt like part of the process.
All in, for IVF (w/ICSI) and PGS, I think the cost was around $15,000 out of pocket. Insurance covered some of this for us and I know RMA takes some insurance, just not ours.
Dr. Flisser's approach for us, was eSET.

2015, Unknown Success
Dr Flisser was extremely helpful throughout this process. He spent a lot of time with us discussing each of the various procedures and the risks/increasing of odds with each added step. My husband and I appreciated that he was very much an odds guy, he helped us understand what would increase our chances, but without escalating too fast. He was helpful in assisting us on when to escalate (after 3 months of clomid/letrozol w/trigger shot, we added iui). I was frustrated in this process by not having a clear cut diagnosis and thus in my head a clear path to solving the problem in getting pregnant. For much of the process, I spent time focusing in trying to figure out what was wrong and not working. After all the initial tests came back clear and there was anything that was an obvious problem, dr flisser seemed to easily accept the "unexplained fertility" diagnosis and really focus on how to get us pregnant. For my husband, that was great, for me, who really wanted to understand why my body wasn't functioning, it was frustrating. By the end of the process (9 months later- 3 med cycles, 3
[RMA of New York] strengths: it's all inclusive and at one location (monitoring, transfer, retrievals are all at the same location). The clinic can help you with financing and recommending programs to get discounts. Also, by having so many drs, they're open every day but Christmas which is important with a process so time sensitive. Weaknesses: sometimes you do just feel like a number- there are so many women in and out and you see them all so you realize how many people are being treated by the practice. Because there are so many doctors, you sometimes see one once and never again.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
dr flisser was extremely helpful throughout this process. He spent a lot of time with us discussing each of the various procedures and the risks/increasing of odds with each added step. My husband and I appreciated that he was very much an odds guy, he helped us understand what would increase our chances, but without escalating too fast. He was helpful in assisting us on when to escalate (after 3 months of clomid/letrozol w/trigger shot, we added iui). I was frustrated in this process by not having a clear cut diagnosis and thus in my head a clear path to solving the problem in getting pregnant. For much of the process, I spent time focusing in trying to figure out what was wrong and not working. After all the initial tests came back clear and there was anything that was an obvious problem, dr flisser seemed to easily accept the "unexplained fertility" diagnosis and really focus on how to get us pregnant. For my husband, that was great, for me, who really wanted to understand why my body wasn't functioning, it was frustrating. By the end of the process (9 months later- 3 med cycles, 3 med + IUI cycles, 1 egg retrieval and 1 transfer cycle) and a pregnancy (currently 24weeks), I'm a little more at ease with not having a diagnosis At roughly 8 out of 10 monitoring apts we saw Dr flisser, with the exception of our egg retrieval cycle. Unfortunately, our first retrieval cycle happened to fall during the Jewish holidays, so we saw him on day one of the cycle, and then he was off on holiday- while not in office, he was monitoring our progress with the staff via email and did adjust a few of my meds as needed. At the beginning it didn't bother me that I wasn't seeing our dr, as the other drs we saw were reassuring, but as we got closer to the retrieval and I began to realize I wouldn't see him before or for the retrieval I started to freak out. It seemed a little unsettling to go through the entire egg retrieval process and only see our actual dr once. After speaking with the nurses about my fears, they got in touch with Flisser and he called me with reassurance that he'd been monitoring my case and that in his opinion everything looked great for a good retrieval. I asked if he could possibly do the retrieval the next day and he said he'd try. He did end up performing our retrieval, which definitely put me at ease. While Dr Flisser, is good at explaining the medical process and odds, he's not the most warm and fuzzy. He's direct when presenting information and results. You will not be chatting about your weekend plans or laughing at jokes during your apts. while he will take the time to reassure you if you have doubts, he will not be one offering hugs or show much emotion throughout the process. For me and my husband, we were ok with this and the nurses are incredibly helpful with empathy and emotional breakdowns. Overall we were happy to have Dr Flisser on our team during this incredibly stressful process full of no guarantees and lots of uncertainty.
I would advise you to ask questions about the process. Fertility doctors go through these procedures 100s of times a day and often forget that we as patients don't know the process and have fears (not to mention that the meds we're on make us an emotional wreck) If you have questions or concerns, speak up and ask. Due to the nature of the practice, there is always a ton of people in office and the actual monitoring is very quick, so it sometimes feels rushed, but if you have questions and concerns and ask, Flisser will stop and take the time to answer them thoughtfully.
dr flisser was very direct with the medical information and took the time to explain to us the process, and options, and what he thought was the issue, unfortunately didn't have a clear cut diagnosis, but the catch all "unexplained infertility". However, he's not the most warm and fuzzy- he's not going to tell jokes and give hugs, but if you're someone who needs to be completely in the loop of the medical knowledge and the process, he'll make sure that happens. Also, the nature of the RMA practice, it's a little like a casting call, does add to the feeling of being a "number"
As I'm under 30 and was having irregular cycles, with no other medical tests pointing to any other fertility issues, we started with clomid. After the clomid didn't seem to regulate my cycles, we switched to letrozole. After 3 cycles of letrozole at various dosages with no success, Flisser discussed with us other options and helped us settle on adding IUI. He didn't feel at that point we needed to jump into the invasive process of IVF as due to our age, time was not of an essence. After 3 failed IUI cycles and a diagnosis of "unexplained infertility," we again discussed our options. While, Flisser said there is no medical reason that the IUI wouldn't probably eventually work and that due to our age, we didn't need to rush, he advised that if we moved to IVF we might have success sooner. In our age group, he's had great success with very few retrieval and transfer cycles (that often there's some unexplained reason why the fertilized egg doesn't mesh correctly, but once embryos are made , the success rate is strong). Using this information, we decided to move onto IVF, with PGD (this would confirm that all implanted embryos would be potentially viable). We used the antagonist protocol. We had 25 eggs retrieved, 17 were fertilized, 5 made to freezing at day 5, and 4 passed the PGD testing. With those results, we decided to move forward with the transfer. In good news, I'm currently 24weeks pregnant off of our first transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marlene)
We were assigned Marlene as our IVF coordinator. Her job was to help us have a rough schedule, get prescriptions/refills to the pharmacy of our choice, and answer scheduling questions about each part in the procedure. She was easily reachable by email and was prompt with replying to emails with questions about meds, protocol, and scheduling. Most of the nursing staff was incredibly pleasant and understanding and as always there are some standouts. Alyssa, was incredibly helpful to me- she's part of the team that you can meet with after monitoring apts for those questions you think of after the dr leaves the room and relaying the instructions after the dr has reviewed the lab work. She was always compassionate when I felt overwhelmed by the process and was always through when answering questions. She was also incredibly prompt when responding to emails. Another standout nurse was Chanel. She learned my name quickly and always greeted me with a smile and hello and a quick chat. It was also reassuring to see her familiar face not only in the monitoring apts, but also on the surgical floor with the egg retrieval and transfer. She just genuinely cared about her patients and making them feel human in a process that is overwhelming and can often make you feel like a number.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinic strengths: it's all inclusive and at one location (monitoring, transfer, retrievals are all at the same location). The clinic can help you with financing and recommending programs to get discounts. Also, by having so many drs, they're open every day but Christmas which is important with a process so time sensitive. Weaknesses: sometimes you do just feel like a number- there are so many women in and out and you see them all so you realize how many people are being treated by the practice. Because there are so many doctors, you sometimes see one once and never again.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The monitoring hours were first come first serve from 7-8:30am. Depending on the day of the week and the time you arrived, it could be a quick wait or it could be a never ending line. On average I would say wed be seen within 20min of arrival and check in. Although there were often people waiting, the clinic was efficient with their process of moving people through lab work and ultrasounds as quickly as possible.
Ultrasound monitoring- $275 Ultrasound and blood- $305 Bloodwork- $40 All apt inclusive (not including meds) retrieval cycle- $7500 + $750 for anesthesia Frozen transfer cycle (not including meds)-$7500 pGD testing- $3000
2014, Successful
Sometimes I feel like male doctors don't really "get it" - they have never been on 1,000 hormones before. But, I felt like Dr. Flisser did get it. He is a husband and a dad and I think that made him very releatable. We LOVE Dr. Flisser. He can be very straight forward and factual at times, so if you want someone who is a little more emotional, he is not your guy.
Monitoring [at RMA New York] is sort of a shit show - on any given day there could be at least 20 people waiting! I don't think this was specific to RMA, I think its an NYC problem, as I had a similar experience at Columbia...Overall, monitoring is so depressing. Unless they handed out coffee and donuts I honestly don't think it could be any better than it was at RMA.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Our experience with Eric Flisser was extremely positive. From the first time we met with him, we felt very comfortable with him. We completely trusted his recommendations and guidance through this very confusing process. When I got my first negative pregnancy test - he called me that afternoon to see how I was doing. He didn't even call to explain, he just called to "check in". When I started crying on the phone, he didn't rush me off. I will never forget how grateful I felt for that call. It showed me that he was just as disappointed as I was. He is really a great doctor and we would recommend him to anyone!
Know that he is not super lovey dovey. He can be very straight forward and factual at times, so if you want someone who is a little more emotional, he is not your guy.
When I was under Dr. Flisser's care, I almost always saw him. He made an effort to coordinate all my appointments around his schedule (as best we could given my cycle), he called me after my first failed transfer and met with both me and my husband on several occasions. He never once rushed us out of his office or failed to thoughtfully answer any of my questions. When I was sobbing crying, unable to go into the transfer room, he did not rush me. He gave me time and space to pull myself together. Sometimes I feel like male doctors dont really "get it" - they have never been on 1,000 hormones before. But, I felt like Dr. Flisser did get it. He is a husband and a dad and I think that made him very relatable. We LOVE Dr. Flisser.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marlene Pena)
I liked everyone we saw at RMA! Everyone was very pleasant in the mornings and made the monitoring process pretty seamless. The nurses who worked on the retrieval / transfer floor were amazing! They were very sweet and patient. I felt very well cared for when we were there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring is sort of a shit show - on any given day there could be at least 20 people waiting! I dont think this was specific to RMA, I think its an NYC problem, as I had a similar experience at Columbia. But, the waiting room at RMA is nice and it goes pretty quickly. They let you get there really early so you can be there before they even start calling patients to get ahead of the crowd. Overall, monitoring is so depressing. Unless they handed out coffee and donuts I honestly dont think it could be any better than it was at RMA.
NY - Eastside
2 IUIs, 1 egg retrieval, 2 FET transfers (first ended in miscarriage). We changed from IUI to IVF, after we requested because we wanted to get to IVF more quickly. Dr Flisser was fully supportive...We did PGD so were recommended to do a ESET because likelihood of conceiving was higher. This was correct as we fell pregnant for both transfers...Fantastic bedside manner; always available to speak via phone or email. He was very sensitive during hard times and willing to connect us with any other health professionals we needed when we were testing for a genetic condition. We felt completely safe and reassured in his hands.
Clinic [RMA of New York] is very busy, but very supportive and helpful. Staff were always available to answer or pass on any questions/messages. Clinic was very organized. Morning monitoring hours made it easy to continue going to work each day...Everyone was great and understanding. All staff showed sensitively and were very helpful at passing along any questions we had...[monitoring is] Easy and well run...We did PGD so were recommended to do a ESET because likelihood of conceiving was higher. This was correct as we fell pregnant for both transfers.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Fantastic. Excellent bedside manner and knowledge as a doctor. We felt fully confident in getting the results we wanted with him from the beginning and reassured all the time being in his care. Now we have a little baby girl!
Trust him and reach out whenever you need.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinic is very busy, but very supportive and helpful. Staff were always available to answer or pass on any questions/messages. Clinic was very organized. Morning monitoring hours made it easy to continue going to work each day.
Easy and well run.
Most costs were covered by my insurance. Medication was not. That was quite expensive.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Flisser took his time talking to us and answering questions. Outside of appointments all communication was with office staff... was very informative. He was clear about the process and timing of the procedures. At one point I spoke to another doctor for.a second opinion and when I went back to Dr. Flisser to discuss additional ideas he was open to changing some of the plans. He explained risks and gave statistics when asked.
Strengths [at RMA of New York]. Process and communications. The morning process and calls and emails with directions were always efficient. Cons: Own your financial matters. You need to know your coverage ask questions and followup. Mistakes are made and they aren't proactive enough in planning...Both the nurse and coordinator were extremely responsive either by phone or email. Throughout my time at RMA I always knew I would hear results or get my questions answered immediately.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was very informative. He was clear about the process and timing of the procedures. At one point I spoke to another doctor for.a second opinion and when I went back to Dr. Flisser to discuss additional ideas he was open to changing some of the plans. He explained risks and gave statistics when asked.
I think you just always need to be prepared to ask questions. Dr. Flisser was thorough and informative. You need to proactively make appointments when you want to regroup and discuss options ptherwise all communication was with the staff.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths. Process and communications. The morning process and calls and emails with directions were always efficient. Cons: Own your financial matters. You need to know your coverage ask questions and followup. Mistakes are made and they aren't proactive enough in planning.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient. The wait varied by morning but was always reasonable.
Dr. Flisser only recommended single transfers during my treatment.
2010 - 2015, Successful
Dr Flisser [at RMA of New York] always took the time to talk to me and answer all of my questions. He would often stay and just chat because he is a nice person. The truth about fertility clinics is that they treat thousands of people at a time, they might see hundreds in a day during monitoring hours. Dr Flisser always made me feel like he had time for me despite how many people were waiting out in the waiting room
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
It is hard to be a fertility patient. Especially if you have to keep coming back month after month after month. Dr Flisser always made me feel like I had options and that he would help us achieve our goals. He is kind and nurturing and really makes the effort to personally connect with you. Excellent bedside manner and I trusted him completely. I would never go to any other dr for my fertility.
Just be honest with him and ask any questions you have. He will answer everything.
Dr Flisser always took the time to talk to me and answer all of my questions. He would often stay and just chat because he is a nice person. The truth about fertility clinics is that they treat thousands of people at a time, they might see hundreds in a day during monitoring hours. Dr Flisser always made me feel like he had time for me despite how many people were waiting out in the waiting room.
For my first child we went right to IVF because that was or only option after cloned didn't work. Luckily it worked on the first round. For my second time around Most recently we used letrozole 25 mg to help me ovulate and when that wasn't enough we went to IUI with the letrozole. Took 5 rounds to see a positive result.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Nurses were excellent. Very informative and always happy to answer questions. Very compassionate and sensitive to the needs of fertility patients.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Wonderful facility on Madison Avenue.
Do not recall
2008 - 2010, Successful
I believe I got pregnant because of Dr Flisser. He understood the situation and didn't follow normal protocols because our situation wasn't normal and this is why we were successful. He was very patient when I asked questions and always very kind....After 4 unsuccessful IVF, we thought we had one more try. We had 5 good quality embryos and even though I was only 34 years old, Dr Flisser agreed to putting all 5 in. This lead to my daughter. He knew the history of egg quality and even though some doctors would only put in standard 2, he wanted to give us the best chance of success.
I liked the clinic [RMA of New York in Long Island] because it was big enough to have all the resources but I still felt like I had individual treatment...The Long Island office was small - I rarely had to wait more than 5 minutes. When I had to go to NYC the wait was much longer....After 4 unsuccessful IVF, we thought we had one more try. We had 5 good quality embryos and even though I was only 34 years old, Dr Flisser agreed to putting all 5 in. This lead to my daughter. He knew the history of egg quality and even though some doctors would only put in standard 2, he wanted to give us the best chance of success.
You might have to be flexible and go to NYC and see other doctors but they are all great. Dr Flisser tries to see you whenever possible and always knows what is going on when you are with the other doctors in the practice.
He always remembered my name and personal things about me.
His nurse was so friendly and happy all the time. She usually would do blood drawings and when I was nervous she would calm me down.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
I liked the clinic because it was big enough to have all the resources but I still felt like I had individual treatment.
Approx $8500 a cycle
Garden City
Dr Flisser has an excellent bedside manner. He was attentive and was knowledgeable of current research in his specialty....Dr Flisser was concise with my treatment plan and presented me with a realistic expectations. I had questions along the way which he addressed with patience and understanding. Overall, I felt very comfortable with him as a patient, and would return to him for my next pregnancy without hesitation...Dr Flisser's nurse coordinator, made herself available from the first visit.
The clinic is efficient, I did not wait more than 30 min during any follow up visits or lab draws. The staff from the front desk to billing were efficient, receptive to questions. It is one of the best run offices I have been to. I expected to wait much longer since I have been to doctors' offices and experienced rude staff or long wait times. Not the case with RMA...Dr Flisser's nurse coordinator, made herself available from the first visit. She gave her work email, and explained the process if I had any questions. I actually had to email her about a question on a saturday and I got a call from her same day. It calmed my anxieties since I was on vacation and traveling. She was efficient and answered all my concerns.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Alissa)
NY - Eastside

He is a great doctor, he made me feel at ease each time I saw him. He was always willing to answer all my questions and address any concerns I had. Dr. Flisser is friendly and i am happy i entrusted him and his team with my care.... He was very compassionate throughout my care period. He was also hands on.... He used Gonal-F and Ovidrel. We had 2 failed cycles with rest in between the cycles because of persisting ovarian cysts.
Everyone from the elevator man up to the doctors are friendly. The staff are friendly, always willing to help anytime you call or approach them. The clinic is clean and has a good ambient. The clinic is great and you will always feel at ease.... [The nursing staff at RMA were] Knowledgeable, nice and professional.... He used Gonal-F and Ovidrel. We had 2 failed cycles with rest in between the cycles because of persisting ovarian cysts.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Be open minded and you are in great hands, if not the best hands..
He was very compassionate throughout my care period. He was also hands on.
He used Gonal-F and Ovidrel. We had 2 failed cycles with rest in between the cycles because of persisting ovarian cysts. Glory to God we had a positive pregnancy test on the 3rd cycle
Knowledgeable, nice and professional
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It was covered by insurance except the copay.
2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Flisser] pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of Clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway. I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances.
At every monitoring session [at RMA New York], I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor...In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, [the nurses] will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear...It was always extremely busy, but I was always seen pretty quickly- within an hour of arrival.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances. He asked questions about what we wanted our family to be and how many children we wanted. He pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway.
Be very clear about what you want, and ask specific questions. You'll get specific answers.
At every monitoring session, I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor. Also, Dr Flisser answered (promptly) his own emails.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, they will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear.
NY - Eastside

I would say this, out of the 6 clinics I have been to, Dr. Flisser has been the most reliable, organized and trustworthy doctor. He made me feel at ease with my procedure. He is very knowledgeable in his work, his bedside manners were great and his empathy for his patients is amazing. He made sure that when I left to continue with my obstetrician I was in the right hands...We had 1 IVF with, egg retrieval and 1 transfer...He made sure to review my results even when while he was on vacation.
The clinic [RMA of New York] can appear overwhelming at first when looking at the amount of people waiting for monitoring. However, the wait time is very minimal and goes bye The staff are really nice and welcoming...My nurse and care coordinator were great communicators and worked really well as a team. I would always recieve a phone call and email with instructions.They would also write and say in every email to feel free to contact them whenever I had questions. It made me feel comfortable in turning to them for anything.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Please be open to his suggestions and recommendations.
Dr. Flisser is very personable and caring. He made sure to review my results even when while he was on vacation. He also kept his word about being there during the embryo transfer. He went above and beyond.
We had 1 IVF with, egg retrieval and 1 transfer. The medications prescribed included: Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, HCG, Estrace, Medrol and progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic can appear overwhelming at first when looking at the amount of people waiting for monitoring. However, the wait time is very minimal and goes bye The staff are really nice and welcoming.

2016 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser truly cares about his patients. When I had a recent miscarriage he was so supportive, caring and showed genuine empathy for my ordeal. He is a great doctor and person...Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person...
Sometimes it [RMA of New York] does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care...Sometimes it can be hard to reach some of the nurses and coordinators etc but they are all very helpful and compassionate people and there to help as much as they can...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person and it’s a pleasure to have him as our doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Sometimes it does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care. I would recommend this clinic to others as it as helped me have my son and hopefully more children in the future.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I couldn’t always go during monitoring hours and the clinic was pretty accommodating with the times that worked for me.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
NY - Eastside

I felt very comfortable under Dr. Flisser’s care. He was always clear, efficient, friendly and patient. He answered any and all questions I had and put me at ease whenever I was nervous. He performed my transfer and explained the whole procedure to me beforehand and walked me through it. I felt very comfortable and confident...See if it’s possible for him to do your retrieval, too.
I loved RMA! It always felt so clean- waiting room and examining rooms! I loved that there was a coffee machine and a water machine in the waiting room and plenty of seating. The office was run very efficiently! It was easy to sign in and check out. Everyone was always friendly and helpful!...Courtney was my IVF coordinator and was excellent at responding to my emails in a very timely manner. She was always friendly, patient, kind and so helpful. I never felt like I was a bother to her, even if I had sent numerous emails. She was great!
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
See if it’s possible for him to do your retrieval, too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I loved that the monitoring hours started so early (at 7am) because I was able to go without being late for work. My recommendation would be to get there early! The earlier you arrive, the less time you have to wait. As it gets closer to the middle to end of the monitoring hours window, there tends to be more people.

2021, Successful
I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he [Dr. Flisser] - and the nurses, all did...Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said...a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
RMA is great! I never had an issue of delay or non-responsive staff. When they gave me an appointment, I think the wait time was no longer than 5 minutes, which is incredible considering how it usually works in New York. Blood test results were available extremely fast and you would always get a call and an email...I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is amazing. We had a great experience. Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said. He had his moment of joy when we did the ultrasound and could see something and hear a heartbeat. A genuine moment of joy for us. I told him this, I wish we could just have him as our doctor until the end, because in 11 years of living in New York, I have never had such a great experience with a doctor as I did with Dr. Flisser and RMA in general. I would definitely recommend him and RMA to anyone!
Trust him. Tell him every thought you have, any doubt or question. He will put you at ease and assist you every step of the way. Whether is a small or big issue, just trust him!
My husband and I went to see Dr. Flisser for the first time in April 2021. We had 3 miscarriages in the past year and we wanted to better understand what the situation was. From the very beginning, Dr. Flisser has been beyond amazing. Extremely caring, patient, and clear in everything he was telling us and suggesting us to do. He first suggested trying with hormones injections and then naturally at home. It didn't work - which could have also been because we were both traveling and all over the place. So we decided to move forward with IUI in September! And it worked! Since the first day of the positive test, Dr. Flisser and his whole team was there for us every step of the way. After the bad experiences we had in the past, I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he - and the nurses, all did. I had a weekly visit from week 4 until week 8, which is when he dismissed us and "graduated" us to an OBGYN - which he recommended. During every visit and ultrasound, Dr. Flisser was always extremely nicely and with a very positive attitude. We never got to the point where we could hear a heartbeat and he was genuinely happy for us, as we were all part of the team. I wish he could follow us until the end, as in my 11 years in New York, this is probably the first time I had a positive experience with a Doctor. He is amazing and I would recommend him, his team and RMA in general to everyone. They really take care of you and treat you like a real person, and not just like the "next patient."
First time we decided to give it a try, Dr. Flisser suggested to try with a hormone trigger and then try at home. Our issue is probably mainly that I am not that young and eggs are not as many as I would love to, so he suggested to try naturally with a little kick first and see how it went. We were leaving for the summer so we thought to give it a try like this. It didn't work (which now, going back to the summer we had, maybe it was better it didn't). So when we got back we decided to try with a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Corder, Ariel Azarian and Dr. Estevez who did IUI )
I only have good words for all the nurses and staff I dealt with when I was at RMA. I needed someone who would take my hand and walk me through every step of the way and that was available in answering questions or doubts. And I got that, from day 1. Samantha Cordero and Ariel Azarian were always available via email and phone whenever I had a question or just needed to ask something. Exactly what I needed!!! Dr. Estevez, who performed the IUI, was simply wonderful. She put me at easy and we had a big laugh, making everything just more natural and better for me.