7.3

NYU

Eric Flisser works at

635 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
212-756-5777

He is a great doctor, he made me feel at ease each time I saw him. He was always willing to answer all my questions and address any concerns I had. Dr. Flisser is friendly and i am happy i entrusted him and his team with my care.... He was very compassionate throughout my care period. He was also hands on.... He used Gonal-F and Ovidrel. We had 2 failed cycles with rest in between the cycles because of persisting ovarian cysts.
Everyone from the elevator man up to the doctors are friendly. The staff are friendly, always willing to help anytime you call or approach them. The clinic is clean and has a good ambient. The clinic is great and you will always feel at ease.... [The nursing staff at RMA were] Knowledgeable, nice and professional.... He used Gonal-F and Ovidrel. We had 2 failed cycles with rest in between the cycles because of persisting ovarian cysts.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Be open minded and you are in great hands, if not the best hands..
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
He was very compassionate throughout my care period. He was also hands on.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
He used Gonal-F and Ovidrel. We had 2 failed cycles with rest in between the cycles because of persisting ovarian cysts. Glory to God we had a positive pregnancy test on the 3rd cycle
Knowledgeable, nice and professional
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
It was covered by insurance except the copay.
2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Flisser] pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of Clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway. I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances.
At every monitoring session [at RMA New York], I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor...In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, [the nurses] will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear...It was always extremely busy, but I was always seen pretty quickly- within an hour of arrival.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I felt he was pretty blunt and realistic about our chances. He asked questions about what we wanted our family to be and how many children we wanted. He pushed for IVF early on because we knew we wanted at least 2 kids and didn't want us to waste time on a bunch of clomid or IUI cycles, but was fine with our decision to give it a try anyway.
Be very clear about what you want, and ask specific questions. You'll get specific answers.
At every monitoring session, I got to see a doctor. Dr Flisser if possible, but always a doctor. Also, Dr Flisser answered (promptly) his own emails.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
In the middle of a cycle, when stress is at the highest, they will go out of their way to be calm, kind and clear.
NY - Eastside

I would say this, out of the 6 clinics I have been to, Dr. Flisser has been the most reliable, organized and trustworthy doctor. He made me feel at ease with my procedure. He is very knowledgeable in his work, his bedside manners were great and his empathy for his patients is amazing. He made sure that when I left to continue with my obstetrician I was in the right hands...We had 1 IVF with, egg retrieval and 1 transfer...He made sure to review my results even when while he was on vacation.
The clinic [RMA of New York] can appear overwhelming at first when looking at the amount of people waiting for monitoring. However, the wait time is very minimal and goes bye The staff are really nice and welcoming...My nurse and care coordinator were great communicators and worked really well as a team. I would always recieve a phone call and email with instructions.They would also write and say in every email to feel free to contact them whenever I had questions. It made me feel comfortable in turning to them for anything.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Please be open to his suggestions and recommendations.
Dr. Flisser is very personable and caring. He made sure to review my results even when while he was on vacation. He also kept his word about being there during the embryo transfer. He went above and beyond.
We had 1 IVF with, egg retrieval and 1 transfer. The medications prescribed included: Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, HCG, Estrace, Medrol and progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Arielle)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic can appear overwhelming at first when looking at the amount of people waiting for monitoring. However, the wait time is very minimal and goes bye The staff are really nice and welcoming.

2016 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser truly cares about his patients. When I had a recent miscarriage he was so supportive, caring and showed genuine empathy for my ordeal. He is a great doctor and person...Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person...
Sometimes it [RMA of New York] does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care...Sometimes it can be hard to reach some of the nurses and coordinators etc but they are all very helpful and compassionate people and there to help as much as they can...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person and it’s a pleasure to have him as our doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Sometimes it does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care. I would recommend this clinic to others as it as helped me have my son and hopefully more children in the future.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I couldn’t always go during monitoring hours and the clinic was pretty accommodating with the times that worked for me.
NY - Eastside

I felt very comfortable under Dr. Flisser’s care. He was always clear, efficient, friendly and patient. He answered any and all questions I had and put me at ease whenever I was nervous. He performed my transfer and explained the whole procedure to me beforehand and walked me through it. I felt very comfortable and confident...See if it’s possible for him to do your retrieval, too.
I loved RMA! It always felt so clean- waiting room and examining rooms! I loved that there was a coffee machine and a water machine in the waiting room and plenty of seating. The office was run very efficiently! It was easy to sign in and check out. Everyone was always friendly and helpful!...Courtney was my IVF coordinator and was excellent at responding to my emails in a very timely manner. She was always friendly, patient, kind and so helpful. I never felt like I was a bother to her, even if I had sent numerous emails. She was great!
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
See if it’s possible for him to do your retrieval, too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I loved that the monitoring hours started so early (at 7am) because I was able to go without being late for work. My recommendation would be to get there early! The earlier you arrive, the less time you have to wait. As it gets closer to the middle to end of the monitoring hours window, there tends to be more people.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Flisser is very academic in nature and therefore is able to explain things in a very scientific and clear manner. I felt during the course of treatment that he didn't always address all of my concerns as quickly as I would have liked. I usually had to push to add new hormones or try new things after repeated failed IUIs. Dr. Flisser is a very kind and warm person with a gentle bedside manner...knows what he is doing and in the end was probably correct in his course of treatment however, I would have appreciated a little more understanding/compassion when I was feeling anxious, confused, etc.
It's extremely hard to feel like a human at a facility such as RMA. They see so many patients every day and you are not always seen by your main doctor so you don't feel like anyone really knows your situation/case very well...Dr. Flisser is very academic in nature and therefore is able to explain things in a very scientific and clear manner. I felt during the course of treatment that he didn't always address all of my concerns as quickly as I would have liked. I usually had to push to add new hormones or try new things after repeated failed IUIs. Dr. Flisser is a very kind and warm person with a gentle bedside manner.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser knows what he is doing and in the end was probably correct in his course of treatment however, I would have appreciated a little more understanding/compassion when I was feeling anxious, confused, etc.

2021, Successful
I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he [Dr. Flisser] - and the nurses, all did...Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said...a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
RMA is great! I never had an issue of delay or non-responsive staff. When they gave me an appointment, I think the wait time was no longer than 5 minutes, which is incredible considering how it usually works in New York. Blood test results were available extremely fast and you would always get a call and an email...I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is amazing. We had a great experience. Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said. He had his moment of joy when we did the ultrasound and could see something and hear a heartbeat. A genuine moment of joy for us. I told him this, I wish we could just have him as our doctor until the end, because in 11 years of living in New York, I have never had such a great experience with a doctor as I did with Dr. Flisser and RMA in general. I would definitely recommend him and RMA to anyone!
Trust him. Tell him every thought you have, any doubt or question. He will put you at ease and assist you every step of the way. Whether is a small or big issue, just trust him!
My husband and I went to see Dr. Flisser for the first time in April 2021. We had 3 miscarriages in the past year and we wanted to better understand what the situation was. From the very beginning, Dr. Flisser has been beyond amazing. Extremely caring, patient, and clear in everything he was telling us and suggesting us to do. He first suggested trying with hormones injections and then naturally at home. It didn't work - which could have also been because we were both traveling and all over the place. So we decided to move forward with IUI in September! And it worked! Since the first day of the positive test, Dr. Flisser and his whole team was there for us every step of the way. After the bad experiences we had in the past, I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he - and the nurses, all did. I had a weekly visit from week 4 until week 8, which is when he dismissed us and "graduated" us to an OBGYN - which he recommended. During every visit and ultrasound, Dr. Flisser was always extremely nicely and with a very positive attitude. We never got to the point where we could hear a heartbeat and he was genuinely happy for us, as we were all part of the team. I wish he could follow us until the end, as in my 11 years in New York, this is probably the first time I had a positive experience with a Doctor. He is amazing and I would recommend him, his team and RMA in general to everyone. They really take care of you and treat you like a real person, and not just like the "next patient."
First time we decided to give it a try, Dr. Flisser suggested to try with a hormone trigger and then try at home. Our issue is probably mainly that I am not that young and eggs are not as many as I would love to, so he suggested to try naturally with a little kick first and see how it went. We were leaving for the summer so we thought to give it a try like this. It didn't work (which now, going back to the summer we had, maybe it was better it didn't). So when we got back we decided to try with a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Corder, Ariel Azarian and Dr. Estevez who did IUI )
I only have good words for all the nurses and staff I dealt with when I was at RMA. I needed someone who would take my hand and walk me through every step of the way and that was available in answering questions or doubts. And I got that, from day 1. Samantha Cordero and Ariel Azarian were always available via email and phone whenever I had a question or just needed to ask something. Exactly what I needed!!! Dr. Estevez, who performed the IUI, was simply wonderful. She put me at easy and we had a big laugh, making everything just more natural and better for me.
NY - Eastside

We really liked Dr Flisser's approach to patient care. ... he explained things in ways that made sense to us and offered practical, results-oriented advice. I knew going in we'd need to use a donor egg, but my husband wasn't quite there. Dr. Flisser talked to my husband in a manner that clarified things for him and made him feel comfortable with the path forward. ... And he showed empathy, enthusiasm and authentic support throughout the process.
We loved the whole staff at RMA. Dara in particular was so helpful. She was responsive and no question was too small. ... Strengths: Great doctors and staff Psychologist on staff to meet with you about the process and also screen donors On site donor matching program Responsive and caring staff Good morning office hours Weaknesses: The office could use an update I was surprised they didn't offer more holistic services or talk about that more
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
We really liked Dr Flisser's approach to patient care. We didn't need a lot of "kumbai-ya" but we felt that he really listened, he explained things in ways that made sense to us and offered practical, results-oriented advice. I knew going in we'd need to use a donor egg, but my husband wasn't quite there. Dr. Flisser talked to my husband in a manner that clarified things for him and made him feel comfortable with the path forward. And throughout the whole process, he answered questions and talked about the process in a way that was reassuring. We were lucky in that we had a very smooth process to getting pregnant (great egg donor result, all of our embryos had great genetic testing results, we got pregnant from the first transfer) but I feel confident that if that hadn't been the case, Dr. Flisser would have been great in less than ideal circumstances.
Tell him up front where your head is at with the process. By being honest with him about how I felt and where my husband was with things, he was able to provide the appropriate information in a way that made us both feel really comfortable. He's more soft spoken and not a huge "talker" but I always felt that I got what I needed from every appointment.
Dr Flisser listened to us from the very beginning. He was able to explain his recommended approach in ways that worked for both me and my husband who process things differently. And he showed empathy, enthusiasm and authentic support throughout the process. I appreciated him always answering my questions in a way that made me feel like nothing was too small or dumb to ask and when I felt anxious, he responded with empathy.
We went straight to donor egg because of my age and very low ovarian reserve. Due to the timing of things with our donor, we did a frozen cycle. We did the highest level of PGD testing available (with all the mosaic testing.) I took Estradol (2 and then 3 times per day), thyroid medication once a day (I was not on it previously but he likes your numbers low) and progesterone shots once a day starting four days before the transfer. We didn't want to choose the sex so they picked what they thought was the best embryo. I had a positive pregnancy from the first transfer. Post transfer, I stayed on all the medication throughout the ten weeks I was at RMA, tapering off the meds the last week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
We loved the whole staff at RMA. Dara in particular was so helpful. She was responsive and no question was too small. She got on the phone one weekend to talk to me about the donor process when we had concerns and when there was a small issue with how something was handled, she not only quickly put at us at ease, but she apologized which goes a long way. There was no defensiveness which I really appreciated. the whole staff was great. From the women taking blood in the morning to every person we interacted with throughout the process, they were helpful, empathetic, well-informed and enthusiastic. We felt very well cared for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
$15.5K for egg donor and retrieval (shared cycle) $10,350 for recipient treatment psych orientation $300 $1.5K for genetic testing $40 copay per visit Medications - not sure exactly but around $1,000 with my coverage
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The only issue we faced was that our regular patient coordinator was off on the day we were told we had matched with a donor. The person who called wasn't aware that we had originally requested to be the sole recipient and it was for a shared cycle. It causes some confusion and stress for us initially, but over the weekend, our regular patient coordinator got in touch with us and when I voiced my concerns, got on the phone with me, explained the rationale, apologized for the mistake in how things were communicated (they felt it was a great match so at least wanted to offer us the opportunity.) And when we had additional questions to help make our decision, provided all the resources we needed to do so. So it ended up totally fine and we appreciated the effort that was made to fix the mistake in communication.
NY - Eastside
We were glad to have Dr. Flisser as our doctor throughout the process. We were able to see him for almost all monitoring appointments, except for two. He asked how I was feeling each time. He was direct and to-the-point, but also compassionate. We knew these appointments would be very different from OB appointments throughout pregnancy, so they are understandably shorter and more concise, but it was just what we needed to help us through this process.
In person, all of the nurses [at RMA of NY] were lovely, helpful, and patient. Over the phone, a few were less informative and patient at times. But overall, very good...Many people refer to it as a factory, and it really can feel like that at "peak" hours, but honestly, it's a very well-run system. The facilities are very nice and clean. Everyone works very well together to keep things flowing smoothly. I would absolutely come back again if I need to.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Ask all of the questions you want and don't worry that you're taking up too much time; you aren't. He will answer all of your questions, and will tell you if he cannot.
He was kind, caring, honest, and included my husband in our conversations.
Provera. Then Letrozole (5 mg did not work, so it was raised to 7.5 mg, which did work). Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
In person, all of the nurses were lovely, helpful, and patient. Over the phone, a few were less informative and patient at times. But overall, very good.
Only co-pays.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
NY - Eastside
My husband and I always felt like we could trust Dr Flisser. He was always honest and positive and made us feel like we were in great hands! He is truly a wonderful doctor. Our positive outcome made it an even better experience as we welcomed a beautiful and healthy baby girl!! Thank you so much Dr Flisser...is genuinely a nice person. Always honest, very patient with all our questions and concerns. He always made me feel human and very comfortable.
My husband and I always felt like we could trust Dr Flisser [at RMA of New York]. He was always honest and positive and made us feel like we were in great hands! He is truly a wonderful doctor. Our positive outcome made it an even better experience as we welcomed a beautiful and healthy baby girl!!...Cost was about 40000$ Without counting egg donor...Very organized and professional...[nurses are] Simply amazing
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Trust that he is doing the right thing for you and is extremely good at what he does
Dr Flisser is genuinely a nice person. Always honest, very patient with all our questions and concerns. He always made me feel human and very comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Fabiana )
Simply amazing
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very organized and professional .....................................................................................................................…..................................................
Cost was about 40000$ Without counting egg donor
NY - Eastside
Dr. Flisser wants to avoid the risks for mom and baby of a multiple embryo transfer...was a great fit for us - giving us as much information as we wanted while also being compassionate. He also adjusted our protocol when we had an unsuccessful cycle (16 eggs but no PGS normal embryos)...Be ready for working with a large practice and appreciate the benefits of Dr. Flisser being on a large team.
Be ready for working with a large practice [at RMA of New York] and appreciate the benefits of Dr. Flisser being on a large team...We loved the team at RMA...Just billing issues and missed calls, nothing that large but just annoying for a couple of hours...Felt efficient, though some mornings (especially on the weekends) were crowded. Get there early!...$15K per retrieval cycle (with insurance)...Large practice - so great lab, facilities, and physicians and nurses. But also the volume of patients means occasional hiccups with admin things (billing, call backs). In the clinical part of our experience, we had nothing but supportive care.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was a great fit for us - giving us as much information as we wanted while also being compassionate. He also adjusted our protocol when we had an unsuccessful cycle (16 eggs but no PGS normal embryos).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel Schnur)
We loved the team at RMA.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
$15K per retrieval cycle (with insurance)
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Flisser is always very kind, warm and direct in his treatment. He has a sweet bedside manner and will always take the time to explain any details to you so that you fully understand treatment procedures and expectations...We moved forward with IUI for both of my pregnancies as my diagnoses was unexplained infertility and there were no obvious issues with my husband's sperm, etc. We were successful for the first time on round 3 with my first child, and the 2nd round with my 2nd pregnancy. I trusted Dr. Flisser and his suggestions for treatment wholeheartedly.
[RMA of New York is] Organized, efficient, straight forward and responsive. The monitoring hours are busy, but they have it down to a science and always treat you individually and not just like a number in the mornings. I would highly recommend the practice to friends...All [the nurses are] very professional, caring and responsive. Highly recommend...We moved forward with IUI for both of my pregnancies as my diagnoses was unexplained infertility and there were no obvious issues with my husband's sperm, etc. We were successful for the first time on round 3 with my first child, and the 2nd round with my 2nd pregnancy. I trusted Dr. Flisser and his suggestions for treatment wholeheartedly.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Trust the progress/ journey! It will happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel Shnur)
All very professional, caring and responsive. Highly recommend.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Majority covered by insurance.