7.3

Eric Flisser works at

635 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
212-756-5777

2016 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Flisser truly cares about his patients. When I had a recent miscarriage he was so supportive, caring and showed genuine empathy for my ordeal. He is a great doctor and person...Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person...
Sometimes it [RMA of New York] does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care...Sometimes it can be hard to reach some of the nurses and coordinators etc but they are all very helpful and compassionate people and there to help as much as they can...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Wonderful doctor who truly cares for his patients wellbeing. He understand how much we want to build our gmail it and he does everything he can to make it happen. Very compassionate and caring person and it’s a pleasure to have him as our doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Sometimes it does have a factory type feeling and like I am just another number, however, I have had an overall extremely positive experience there and have gotten great care. I would recommend this clinic to others as it as helped me have my son and hopefully more children in the future.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I couldn’t always go during monitoring hours and the clinic was pretty accommodating with the times that worked for me.

2021, Successful
I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he [Dr. Flisser] - and the nurses, all did...Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said...a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
RMA is great! I never had an issue of delay or non-responsive staff. When they gave me an appointment, I think the wait time was no longer than 5 minutes, which is incredible considering how it usually works in New York. Blood test results were available extremely fast and you would always get a call and an email...I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses...
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is amazing. We had a great experience. Very nice and clear when he explained what the situation was and the options we had. Understanding of how we/I was feeling (considering the 3 previous miscarriages) and always very careful and kind in everything he said. He had his moment of joy when we did the ultrasound and could see something and hear a heartbeat. A genuine moment of joy for us. I told him this, I wish we could just have him as our doctor until the end, because in 11 years of living in New York, I have never had such a great experience with a doctor as I did with Dr. Flisser and RMA in general. I would definitely recommend him and RMA to anyone!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Trust him. Tell him every thought you have, any doubt or question. He will put you at ease and assist you every step of the way. Whether is a small or big issue, just trust him!
My husband and I went to see Dr. Flisser for the first time in April 2021. We had 3 miscarriages in the past year and we wanted to better understand what the situation was. From the very beginning, Dr. Flisser has been beyond amazing. Extremely caring, patient, and clear in everything he was telling us and suggesting us to do. He first suggested trying with hormones injections and then naturally at home. It didn't work - which could have also been because we were both traveling and all over the place. So we decided to move forward with IUI in September! And it worked! Since the first day of the positive test, Dr. Flisser and his whole team was there for us every step of the way. After the bad experiences we had in the past, I really needed someone who would basically take my hand and guide me every step of the way. And that's what he - and the nurses, all did. I had a weekly visit from week 4 until week 8, which is when he dismissed us and "graduated" us to an OBGYN - which he recommended. During every visit and ultrasound, Dr. Flisser was always extremely nicely and with a very positive attitude. We never got to the point where we could hear a heartbeat and he was genuinely happy for us, as we were all part of the team. I wish he could follow us until the end, as in my 11 years in New York, this is probably the first time I had a positive experience with a Doctor. He is amazing and I would recommend him, his team and RMA in general to everyone. They really take care of you and treat you like a real person, and not just like the "next patient."
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First time we decided to give it a try, Dr. Flisser suggested to try with a hormone trigger and then try at home. Our issue is probably mainly that I am not that young and eggs are not as many as I would love to, so he suggested to try naturally with a little kick first and see how it went. We were leaving for the summer so we thought to give it a try like this. It didn't work (which now, going back to the summer we had, maybe it was better it didn't). So when we got back we decided to try with a full IUI, which means a cycle of hormones meds for 4 days after the cycle, then a trigger shot and then IUI. I was always carefully monitored between blood tests and simple chats with the nurses. And it worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Corder, Ariel Azarian and Dr. Estevez who did IUI )
I only have good words for all the nurses and staff I dealt with when I was at RMA. I needed someone who would take my hand and walk me through every step of the way and that was available in answering questions or doubts. And I got that, from day 1. Samantha Cordero and Ariel Azarian were always available via email and phone whenever I had a question or just needed to ask something. Exactly what I needed!!! Dr. Estevez, who performed the IUI, was simply wonderful. She put me at easy and we had a big laugh, making everything just more natural and better for me.

2020, Unsuccessful
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. ... ... I feel very well taken care of. ...We did the microflare lupron protocol. Accdg to the nurse, it was because I have DOR and it would be a good protocol for me. However, i did not have enough matured follicles for the egg retrieval to happy. It only resulted to 2 mature one size 18, 16 and 2 small ones size 13-14. So we had to cancel the ER and did an IUI instead. It was not successful.
Strength- they [RMA of New York] are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean. ... Courtney was very helpful during our ivf treatment. She responds promptly and alway very pleasant to talk to. She is knowledgeable and very good at her job. Ariel is also very nice and caring.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
On our consultation, Dr. Flisser really took his time explaining to us how the ivf process works and what protocols he may suggest for us. He answered all of our concerns and we didn’t feel rushed at all especially we had our appointment at the end of the day. During the course of the treatment, we had to change the course of tx to iui because I didnt have enough eggs for the retrieval. He was kind enough to call us while he was on vacation to explain to us why we must take this route. He was very kind and understanding. I feel very well taken care of.
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
I believe that RMA and Dr. Flisser treated me like a human being not a number. He and his team took time to answer my questions and they responded to all my queries quickly. He also listens to our concerns
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength- they are open early for monitoring. The staff are all pleasant and approachable. The waiting time is not that bad if you arrive at the clinic as they are opening. The coffee machine is a major plus. The clinic is well kept and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
Minus insurance coverage it was $10,622 + 750 for anesthesia.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Well, he suggested that we should only have single embryo transfer since we would have done a pgs testing. I would rather have 2 if it was up to me
NY - Eastside
We were glad to have Dr. Flisser as our doctor throughout the process. We were able to see him for almost all monitoring appointments, except for two. He asked how I was feeling each time. He was direct and to-the-point, but also compassionate. We knew these appointments would be very different from OB appointments throughout pregnancy, so they are understandably shorter and more concise, but it was just what we needed to help us through this process.
In person, all of the nurses [at RMA of NY] were lovely, helpful, and patient. Over the phone, a few were less informative and patient at times. But overall, very good...Many people refer to it as a factory, and it really can feel like that at "peak" hours, but honestly, it's a very well-run system. The facilities are very nice and clean. Everyone works very well together to keep things flowing smoothly. I would absolutely come back again if I need to.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Ask all of the questions you want and don't worry that you're taking up too much time; you aren't. He will answer all of your questions, and will tell you if he cannot.
He was kind, caring, honest, and included my husband in our conversations.
Provera. Then Letrozole (5 mg did not work, so it was raised to 7.5 mg, which did work). Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
In person, all of the nurses were lovely, helpful, and patient. Over the phone, a few were less informative and patient at times. But overall, very good.
Only co-pays.
NY - Eastside

From the first consultation to our last visit with Dr. Flisser, my husband and I were treated like humans with feelings, hopes, and desires. Dr. Flisser immediately made us feel at ease, hopeful, and excited about our fertility prospects. He took the time to learn about us as individuals, beyond the minimum information he needed to know to proceed with our treatment....I was incredibly impressed by his ability to describe medical procedures and situations in terms that anyone could understand
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I truly cannot express how wonderful Dr. Flisser was. He made me feel so comfortable throughout the process. He always kept my husband and I in the loop, explaining what was happening, what he was doing, what the next steps were, and what we could expect. As a scientist myself, I was incredibly impressed by his ability to describe medical procedures and situations in terms that anyone could understand. He had such a calm, reassuring demeanor that I knew I didn’t have to worry about ANYTHING—all I had to do was take my medications as prescribed and show up when scheduled and Dr. Flisser and the RMA team would ensure that everything would work out.
CHOOSE DR. FLISSER! I can’t imagine there being a better doctor for IVF (or fertility treatment more generally).
From the first consultation to our last visit with Dr. Flisser, my husband and I were treated like humans with feelings, hopes, and desires. Dr. Flisser immediately made us feel at ease, hopeful, and excited about our fertility prospects. He took the time to learn about us as individuals, beyond the minimum information he needed to know to proceed with our treatment. Every time he walked into the examination room I felt cared for and felt that he was truly invested in getting the best outcome for me—not just to improve his numbers, but because he seemed to actually care. I NEVER felt as if I were just a number or part of some fertility factory when in Dr. Flisser’s care (or when interacting with anyone at RMA).
Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. Menopur, cetrotide, and follistim during egg retrieval. Lupron trigger. Progesterone (once daily) and estradiol (3 times daily) prior to, during, and after transfer. Results: 13 eggs harvested, 9 embryos created, 5 embryos available for transfer after genetic testing. I never really felt any “different” on any of the medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Arielle)
All of the nurses were great. They promptly called me every morning or early afternoon with my results and instructions and took the time to carefully explain everything and answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
When selecting RMA, I noticed that some of the their reviews and feedback online described it as a factory. This was not my experience at all. Everyone there was incredibly nice, patient, and professional. The blood team always was so kind and sweet, giving me there warm wishes that everything would work out for me. The clinic could not have been nicer. Although it was busy at times, that is something you just have to accept as part of the process. I was never there more than an hour during screens, and on average I was there for a half hour. I truly cannot think of any weaknesses of the clinic. Every doctor I met would incredibly smart and had a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient, well-oiled machine. Each monitoring visit lasted between 20-60 minutes, depending on when I showed up and how busy it was. 60 minutes was extreme, and only happened maybe once or twice out of dozens of visits.
Around $7,000
Dr. Flisser recommenced single embryo transfer because it is safer for mother and baby.
NY - Eastside

My first interaction with Dr. Flisser was for a consultation after 2 failed IVF cycle. He suggested to do another IVF with my eggs inspite of having failed cycles with my own eggs but after a through search and soul searching I have decided to do a donor egg IVF cycle which Dr. Flisser agreed...We have used a shared donor egg and had a medicated embryo transfer (Estrace and Progresterone used)
The office [of RMA of New York] could get busy during monitoring hours but rest assured that you will be seen. Navigating the process might be overwhelming for a new patient but there is always a nurse that you can ask if you have any concerns after a visit...We will be using a shared donor cycle with ICSI and PGT; Frozen Embryo Transfer at a later date. total cost for the cycle is about $ 29,000.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
My first interaction with Dr. Flisser was for a consultation after 2 failed IVF cycle. He suggested to do another IVF with my eggs inspite of having failed cycles with my own eggs but after a through search and soul searching I have decided to do a donor egg IVF cycle which Dr. Flisser agreed. I will continue to meet him once in a while during monitoring hours (they have different doctors doing monitoring hours) but if I see him, he will answer my questions and I didn't feel rushed asking them.
Have your questions ready. Know and write your "infertility story/journey" so you have something to refer to during consultations and monitoring hours. Don't be afraid to discuss any suggestions or anything that might help success with your cycle.
He reviewed with me my previous cycle in their clinic while I was in the consultation. He listened and answered all my questions during the visit. After a failed cycle, I met with him as to discuss as to what happened. As a patient with multiple failed cycle, I wanted to hear an exact explanation as to why the cycle failed (we used a donor egg) and of course I did't get the answer I wanted but he was empathetic about the results and was open to any suggestions I had moving forward with another cycle.
We have used a shared donor egg and had a medicated embryo transfer (Estrace and Progresterone used). We had 2 normal PGD and 1 was transferred but was unsuccessful. Dr. Flisser discussed that we don't see everything with a biopsied embryo and this is most likely what happened here.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara )
I only have spoken with Dara (nurse) over the phone and via email but she is great. She responds quickly to email! I met their donor egg coordinator, Fabiana and she is fabulous. She showed compassion during our first meeting and spend time to hear my concerns about using donor egg.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is my second time coming back to RMA so that means something! They are a well oil machine and have been in the fertility department for a while now. The office could get busy during monitoring hours but rest assured that you will be seen. Navigating the process might be overwhelming for a new patient but there is always a nurse that you can ask if you have any concerns after a visit.
Since this is a normal PGD embryo and with my age they choose only to put a single embryo transfer which I am okay here.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I know they are a busy clinic with multiple patients calling or inquiring with results. We had some tests done and didn't receive a call as we were told we would have. I hadto email the nurse about the result. I know she would have called but you also need to be on top of your care. There were some slight issues with their billing department. I have received a bill after the cycle has ended and have paid for the treatment. It was resolved quickly but imagine receiving a bill after all of that!
NY - Eastside

Dr Flisser was very responsive during all of my treatment cycles. Always available to answer any questions and very prompt as well. He gives you a realistic idea of what to expect during the process and was also available to answer questions even after I had transferred care to my OB at 8 weeks gestation. Very caring and knowledgeable... We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried clomid with IUI for 3 cycles and then moved on to IVF
The doctors [at RMA NY] are great clinicians and very responsive. Same with the nurses. Yes, there are a large number of patients in the morning during monitoring hours however the clinic does a great job of keeping organized and making sure you’re informed about all results in a timely fashion. The one thing I did not like about the clinic was the billing department . They sent bills a year and half after I was discharged from the clinic for amounts that had been paid by my insurance already.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Please see prior answer. He is very caring and knowledgeable. He has remained responsive through the whole treatment process and even after. Gives realistic expectations. Would definitely recommend him
Trust him. If you have questions don’t hesitate to ask as he is very open and responsive to answering them.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We tried clomid with IUI for 3 cycles and then moved on to IVF which worked on the first cycle for us. Never did he push us to go one way or the other but rather always gave us our options and allowed us to chose
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel and Courtney )
Great staff and very prompt in calling back with test results
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The doctors are great clinicians and very responsive. Same with the nurses. Yes, there are a large number of patients in the morning during monitoring hours however the clinic does a great job of keeping organized and making sure you’re informed about all results in a timely fashion. The one thing I did not like about the clinic was the billing department . They sent bills a year and half after I was discharged from the clinic for amounts that had been paid by my insurance already. Specifically Destiny C from their collections department called me saying I would be sent to collections for the amount and I called my insurance and found out The bill was paid by them and they I was being illegally charged for it
Cycles covered by insurance. Had to pay few thousand for medications and for anesthesiologist and genetic testing
Happy to have had single embryo transfer as multiples could have led to a complicated pregnancy

2019, 31 Eggs Frozen
From the first consultation throughout the entire 2 egg freezing cycles I did, Dr. Flisser was extremely professional, took the time to thoroughly answer any questions I had, and he had a very warm bedside manner...He is extremely intelligent and up to date on current fertility research and practices. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions and you can tell he cares about his patients and has a warm bedside manner, but also he will be very honest and gives you scientific answers which I appreciated. I was also happy with the amount of eggs retrieved. He is truly the best of the best and I highly recommend him!
My one complaint was that I was not informed by RMA that I could go to the Merrick office [of RMA of New York] during weekend monitoring, so instead I commuted into Manhatthan a few times when it was not necessary. The East side location's waiting room is very crowded and there is sometimes a long wait time, however, it didn't take away from the level of care and attention...does not accept all forms of insurance, including Medicaid. Egg freezing in general is usually not covered by insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket. RMA did offer me a $500 discount for these recent cycles, though.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is an amazing doctor!! One of the best I have ever been to!! I feel very grateful that he was assigned to me! He is extremely intelligent and up to date on current fertility research and practices. He took the time to thoroughly answer all my questions and you can tell he cares about his patients and has a warm bedside manner, but also he will be very honest and gives you scientific answers which I appreciated. I was also happy with the amount of eggs retrieved. He is truly the best of the best and I highly recommend him!
He is extremely intelligent and will give you good advice based on research and up to date knowledge on fertility practice, so do not hesitate to ask any questions you have.
For both cycles, I was given the same protocol. : Follistim, Ganirelex, and Menopur were the main stimulation medications. Lupron and Pregnyl were the trigger shots.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff at RMA are awesome! Very organized, respond promptly to any concerns, and very nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I've read in other reviews that RMA runs like an oiled machine and they are spot on with that! RMA team are very efficient and the process ran so smoothly. Everyone I dealt with was nice. The office/waiting rooms especially in Manhatthan can get crowded, however, I never felt that I nor my needs were not important- I always felt I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I live on Long Island so did majority of monitoring appointments at Long Island office (Garden City) which is brand new and very pleasant!! My one complaint was that I was not informed by RMA that I could go to the Merrick office during weekend monitoring, so instead I commuted into Manhatthan a few times when it was not necessary. The East side location's waiting room is very crowded and there is sometimes a long wait time, however, it didn't take away from the level of care and attention.
My one disappointment is that RMA does not accept all forms of insurance, including Medicaid. Egg freezing in general is usually not covered by insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket. RMA did offer me a $500 discount for these recent cycles, though.
NY - Eastside
2 IUIs, 1 egg retrieval, 2 FET transfers (first ended in miscarriage). We changed from IUI to IVF, after we requested because we wanted to get to IVF more quickly. Dr Flisser was fully supportive...We did PGD so were recommended to do a ESET because likelihood of conceiving was higher. This was correct as we fell pregnant for both transfers...Fantastic bedside manner; always available to speak via phone or email. He was very sensitive during hard times and willing to connect us with any other health professionals we needed when we were testing for a genetic condition. We felt completely safe and reassured in his hands.
Clinic [RMA of New York] is very busy, but very supportive and helpful. Staff were always available to answer or pass on any questions/messages. Clinic was very organized. Morning monitoring hours made it easy to continue going to work each day...Everyone was great and understanding. All staff showed sensitively and were very helpful at passing along any questions we had...[monitoring is] Easy and well run...We did PGD so were recommended to do a ESET because likelihood of conceiving was higher. This was correct as we fell pregnant for both transfers.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Fantastic. Excellent bedside manner and knowledge as a doctor. We felt fully confident in getting the results we wanted with him from the beginning and reassured all the time being in his care. Now we have a little baby girl!
Trust him and reach out whenever you need.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinic is very busy, but very supportive and helpful. Staff were always available to answer or pass on any questions/messages. Clinic was very organized. Morning monitoring hours made it easy to continue going to work each day.
Easy and well run.
Most costs were covered by my insurance. Medication was not. That was quite expensive.
NY - Eastside

I came into the consultation with almost 10 pages of questions-seriously. He [Dr. Flisser] patiently answered every single one.... We only did a consultation and ended up going somewhere else because we wanted a doctor with stronger bed side manner. However, he did answer all of our endless questions and was very blunt so I knew if I went with him he would not have sugarcoated anything.
After we decided not to go to this clinic [RMA of NY], they still tried billing my insurance for a cycle. They did correct it after I called attention to it, but made me feel that they weren’t totally organized. One positive was the person who helped me make my appointment seemed very organized and even helped get this billing mistake fixed.... [Dr. Flisser] said that they would not transfer mosaic but you could ship them to someone else outside their clinic to do it if you wanted.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
If you’re looking for bluntness and don’t care as much about bedside manner, he is for you.
I came into the consultation with almost 10 pages of questions-seriously. He patiently answered every single one.
We only went to him for a consultation. He did say we would have to be aggressive. I only had a few follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I did not have large interactions with them during consultation aside from ultrasound. Nurse was very nice during that.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
After we decided not to go to this clinic, they still tried billing my insurance for a cycle. They did correct it after I called attention to it, but made me feel that they weren’t totally organized. One positive was the person who helped me make my appointment seemed very organized and even helped get this billing mistake fixed.
My insurance covered it fully.
Said he preferred single. Also said that they would not transfer mosaic but you could ship them to someone else outside their clinic to do it if you wanted.
NY - Eastside

I would say this, out of the 6 clinics I have been to, Dr. Flisser has been the most reliable, organized and trustworthy doctor. He made me feel at ease with my procedure. He is very knowledgeable in his work, his bedside manners were great and his empathy for his patients is amazing. He made sure that when I left to continue with my obstetrician I was in the right hands...We had 1 IVF with, egg retrieval and 1 transfer...He made sure to review my results even when while he was on vacation.
The clinic [RMA of New York] can appear overwhelming at first when looking at the amount of people waiting for monitoring. However, the wait time is very minimal and goes bye The staff are really nice and welcoming...My nurse and care coordinator were great communicators and worked really well as a team. I would always recieve a phone call and email with instructions.They would also write and say in every email to feel free to contact them whenever I had questions. It made me feel comfortable in turning to them for anything.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Please be open to his suggestions and recommendations.
Dr. Flisser is very personable and caring. He made sure to review my results even when while he was on vacation. He also kept his word about being there during the embryo transfer. He went above and beyond.
We had 1 IVF with, egg retrieval and 1 transfer. The medications prescribed included: Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, HCG, Estrace, Medrol and progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic can appear overwhelming at first when looking at the amount of people waiting for monitoring. However, the wait time is very minimal and goes bye The staff are really nice and welcoming.
NY - Eastside

I felt very comfortable under Dr. Flisser’s care. He was always clear, efficient, friendly and patient. He answered any and all questions I had and put me at ease whenever I was nervous. He performed my transfer and explained the whole procedure to me beforehand and walked me through it. I felt very comfortable and confident...See if it’s possible for him to do your retrieval, too.
I loved RMA! It always felt so clean- waiting room and examining rooms! I loved that there was a coffee machine and a water machine in the waiting room and plenty of seating. The office was run very efficiently! It was easy to sign in and check out. Everyone was always friendly and helpful!...Courtney was my IVF coordinator and was excellent at responding to my emails in a very timely manner. She was always friendly, patient, kind and so helpful. I never felt like I was a bother to her, even if I had sent numerous emails. She was great!
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
See if it’s possible for him to do your retrieval, too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I loved that the monitoring hours started so early (at 7am) because I was able to go without being late for work. My recommendation would be to get there early! The earlier you arrive, the less time you have to wait. As it gets closer to the middle to end of the monitoring hours window, there tends to be more people.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Flisser is very academic in nature and therefore is able to explain things in a very scientific and clear manner. I felt during the course of treatment that he didn't always address all of my concerns as quickly as I would have liked. I usually had to push to add new hormones or try new things after repeated failed IUIs. Dr. Flisser is a very kind and warm person with a gentle bedside manner...knows what he is doing and in the end was probably correct in his course of treatment however, I would have appreciated a little more understanding/compassion when I was feeling anxious, confused, etc.
It's extremely hard to feel like a human at a facility such as RMA. They see so many patients every day and you are not always seen by your main doctor so you don't feel like anyone really knows your situation/case very well...Dr. Flisser is very academic in nature and therefore is able to explain things in a very scientific and clear manner. I felt during the course of treatment that he didn't always address all of my concerns as quickly as I would have liked. I usually had to push to add new hormones or try new things after repeated failed IUIs. Dr. Flisser is a very kind and warm person with a gentle bedside manner.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser knows what he is doing and in the end was probably correct in his course of treatment however, I would have appreciated a little more understanding/compassion when I was feeling anxious, confused, etc.
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Flisser is always very kind, warm and direct in his treatment. He has a sweet bedside manner and will always take the time to explain any details to you so that you fully understand treatment procedures and expectations...We moved forward with IUI for both of my pregnancies as my diagnoses was unexplained infertility and there were no obvious issues with my husband's sperm, etc. We were successful for the first time on round 3 with my first child, and the 2nd round with my 2nd pregnancy. I trusted Dr. Flisser and his suggestions for treatment wholeheartedly.
[RMA of New York is] Organized, efficient, straight forward and responsive. The monitoring hours are busy, but they have it down to a science and always treat you individually and not just like a number in the mornings. I would highly recommend the practice to friends...All [the nurses are] very professional, caring and responsive. Highly recommend...We moved forward with IUI for both of my pregnancies as my diagnoses was unexplained infertility and there were no obvious issues with my husband's sperm, etc. We were successful for the first time on round 3 with my first child, and the 2nd round with my 2nd pregnancy. I trusted Dr. Flisser and his suggestions for treatment wholeheartedly.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Trust the progress/ journey! It will happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel Shnur)
All very professional, caring and responsive. Highly recommend.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Majority covered by insurance.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Flisser wants to avoid the risks for mom and baby of a multiple embryo transfer...was a great fit for us - giving us as much information as we wanted while also being compassionate. He also adjusted our protocol when we had an unsuccessful cycle (16 eggs but no PGS normal embryos)...Be ready for working with a large practice and appreciate the benefits of Dr. Flisser being on a large team.
Be ready for working with a large practice [at RMA of New York] and appreciate the benefits of Dr. Flisser being on a large team...We loved the team at RMA...Just billing issues and missed calls, nothing that large but just annoying for a couple of hours...Felt efficient, though some mornings (especially on the weekends) were crowded. Get there early!...$15K per retrieval cycle (with insurance)...Large practice - so great lab, facilities, and physicians and nurses. But also the volume of patients means occasional hiccups with admin things (billing, call backs). In the clinical part of our experience, we had nothing but supportive care.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was a great fit for us - giving us as much information as we wanted while also being compassionate. He also adjusted our protocol when we had an unsuccessful cycle (16 eggs but no PGS normal embryos).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Ariel Schnur)
We loved the team at RMA.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
$15K per retrieval cycle (with insurance)
NY - Eastside
My husband and I always felt like we could trust Dr Flisser. He was always honest and positive and made us feel like we were in great hands! He is truly a wonderful doctor. Our positive outcome made it an even better experience as we welcomed a beautiful and healthy baby girl!! Thank you so much Dr Flisser...is genuinely a nice person. Always honest, very patient with all our questions and concerns. He always made me feel human and very comfortable.
My husband and I always felt like we could trust Dr Flisser [at RMA of New York]. He was always honest and positive and made us feel like we were in great hands! He is truly a wonderful doctor. Our positive outcome made it an even better experience as we welcomed a beautiful and healthy baby girl!!...Cost was about 40000$ Without counting egg donor...Very organized and professional...[nurses are] Simply amazing
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Trust that he is doing the right thing for you and is extremely good at what he does
Dr Flisser is genuinely a nice person. Always honest, very patient with all our questions and concerns. He always made me feel human and very comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Fabiana )
Simply amazing
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Very organized and professional .....................................................................................................................…..................................................
Cost was about 40000$ Without counting egg donor

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
RMA is a baby factor. It is often highly difficult to get someone on the phone, and even harder to get a call back. While my doctor [Dr. Flisser] treated me as an individual, the clinic absolutely makes you feel like an impersonal number. It can be very frustrating and upsetting not to feel valued....I have dealt with many nurses who have all been helpful to varying degrees. Courtney, my IVF coordinator, has been absolutely wonderful and accessible.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Dr. Flisser is an asset to the RMA community. He is a kind, caring, and well informed doctor who has helped me to navigate through an awful and emotional process in a compassionate and meaningful manner. Although he did not personally perform each of my IUIs, he was always involved with the treatment protocol. During a particularly difficult time for me, Dr. Flisser sat on the phone with me for 45 minutes reassuring me and helping me to understand what was going to happen. As I’m about to begin my ivf journey, I am absolutely confident in Dr. flisser’s abilities to get me my desired outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Be a partner in your care; ask questions and be informed about your care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Dr. Flisser always makes me feel like I have his full attention both when I’m in his office talking or while undergoing treatment. Although the office is hectic and the office staff are often difficult to reach, Dr. Flisser always returns phone calls and provides his full attention. He is compassionate and informative, always making sure that my husband and I have full understanding of all of our treatment options before leaving his office. Although I have not yet gotten my positive test, I am confident that Dr. Flisser will get us there.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
Due to my diagnosis of PCOS and hypothyroidism, I was prescribed Clomid, ovidrel, and endometrin for my IUis. Going forward, I will be doing IVF with ICSI. I’m unsure of the specific protocol being used at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
RMA is a baby factor. It is often highly difficult to get someone on the phone, and even harder to get a call back. While my doctor treated me as an individual, the clinic absolutely makes you feel like an impersonal number. It can be very frustrating and upsetting not to feel valued. Specifically regarding the Long Island office, I have always had a pleasant experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
IUI was covered by insurance, IVF will cost approximately 16,000.
Describe Eric Flisser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Dr. Flisser does recommend eSET and while I would like to do multiple embryo transfers, I understand his rationale.
Eric Flisser
RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)
Garden City

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Flisser is a very kind, very warm man who really cared when speaking to us and always took as much time as was necessary to explain his thoughts on our treatment and why we were doing what we were doing...Dr Flisser is a great doctor, but is also part of a larger group of doctors....We completed seven IVF cycles with Dr Flisser. In broad strokes, the cycles were similar not not identical.... He cares, he is very human and humane, but ultimately works in a system that is designed for what works for the most number of people and can only tailor a specific treatment for our needs within certain limitations.
this is a very large practice [RMA] and there will be times when you might feel like a number rather than a patient...once you are behind the scenes, our treatment always seemed very personal... it has a first come, first served policy. Once you get a handle on when things are busy and how long they last, it is very easy to work around the monitoring hours...Olga was our local coordinator, she handled our paperwork and telling us our lab results and what was expected for the following day or week, whichever was appropriate.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr Flisser is a great doctor, but is also part of a larger group of doctors. The group seems to help set the overall standards of what is considered appropriate treatments and Flisser must work within those standards. He cares, he is very human and humane, but ultimately works in a system that is designed for what works for the most number of people and can only tailor a specific treatment for our needs within certain limitations.
Speak as much as possible, the more he knows the better he is able to treat you. Be an active participant in your medical care.
We completed seven IVF cycles with Dr Flisser. In broad strokes, the cycles were similar not not identical. The cycles all started with differing levels of Follistim and Menopur, followed by Ganirelix. We shifted from a Lupron trigger to a larger HCG trigger as our treatments progressed. We went in to the Garden City office for monitoring (blood and sono) during weekdays (we needed to run to the main Manhattan office on weekends). We would do a retrieval in Manhattan, followed by a fresh transfer on Day 5 (RMA only offers Day 5 transfers) and we always forewent PGS genetic testing. Our second cycle did produce a positive pregnancy result, but only lasted seven weeks until a miscarriage occurred. As we progressed in our cycles, we also decided to explore other, complimentary, options to our medical treatment. These ranged from added vitamins and antioxidants to thrice weekly acupuncture to more experimental methods involving immune-therapy. Dr Flisser was mostly receptive to our concerns, but did tell us when he thought these alternative methods would interfere with our regular regimen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Olga)
Olga was our local coordinator, she handled our paperwork and telling us our lab results and what was expected for the following day or week, whichever was appropriate. (We had a different financial coordinator). Olga was not in charge of the day to day blood testing, that was Chrisi, who was always fantastic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
You should be aware that this is a very large practice and there will be times when you might feel like a number rather than a patient. However, a crowded waiting room does not mean that you are part of a conveyor belt, once you are behind the scenes, our treatment always seemed very personal. A large practice gives many pluses and minuses, and you should think about what you are comfortable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This is a large practice and it has a first come, first served policy. Once you get a handle on when things are busy and how long they last, it is very easy to work around the monitoring hours. However, my wife and I had a great deal of flexibility in our morning schedules, which allowed us to handle the monitoring quite easily, your results may vary.
The costs were considerable, but we were fortunate enough to have very good insurance and our insurance company classified this place as a "center of excellence" which offered it's own significant advantages. We also had a finance coordinator who took care of our billing for us.
In general, Dr Flisser is open to lots of different approaches, but does work from the overall statistics about what works best for the most people. This is a great overall approach, but may not work for everyone by definition, so it is important to be active in your own care.
NY - Eastside
Dr. Flisser took his time talking to us and answering questions. Outside of appointments all communication was with office staff... was very informative. He was clear about the process and timing of the procedures. At one point I spoke to another doctor for.a second opinion and when I went back to Dr. Flisser to discuss additional ideas he was open to changing some of the plans. He explained risks and gave statistics when asked.
Strengths [at RMA of New York]. Process and communications. The morning process and calls and emails with directions were always efficient. Cons: Own your financial matters. You need to know your coverage ask questions and followup. Mistakes are made and they aren't proactive enough in planning...Both the nurse and coordinator were extremely responsive either by phone or email. Throughout my time at RMA I always knew I would hear results or get my questions answered immediately.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser was very informative. He was clear about the process and timing of the procedures. At one point I spoke to another doctor for.a second opinion and when I went back to Dr. Flisser to discuss additional ideas he was open to changing some of the plans. He explained risks and gave statistics when asked.
I think you just always need to be prepared to ask questions. Dr. Flisser was thorough and informative. You need to proactively make appointments when you want to regroup and discuss options ptherwise all communication was with the staff.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths. Process and communications. The morning process and calls and emails with directions were always efficient. Cons: Own your financial matters. You need to know your coverage ask questions and followup. Mistakes are made and they aren't proactive enough in planning.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was efficient. The wait varied by morning but was always reasonable.
Dr. Flisser only recommended single transfers during my treatment.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Eric Flisser] took time always to answer all of my questions and talk through my different ideas and options...was very knowledgeable about my particular issue and took a lot of time to explain it to me and come up with a treatment plan that took into account my age, what I was up against and the number of children I want...put me on a protocol that would produce enough eggs so that we could pgs test them, but not one that would get me anywhere near hyperstimulating. The rational was that because of my translocation we needed the maximum number of eggs possible so that many embryos could be tested. He made a plan to bank some embryos while I continued to try naturally on my own.
Because my embryos were pgs tested we only transferred one at a time [at RMA of New York]...Very organized, efficient, always open, available to see me and take blood at flexible times, very nice staff, very friendly and comfortable. I would have liked to have had an easier time communicating with the woman in the insurance department...Courtney [nurse] was sometimes a bit confusing. She ordered the wrong test for my embryos but it ended up working for my specific issue. There were a few days where I wasn't sure it would work and that I wouldn't be able to test my embryos again.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Eric Flisser was very knowledgeable about my particular issue and took a lot of time to explain it to me and come up with a treatment plan that took into account my age, what I was up against and the number of children I want.
To see him.
He took time always to answer all of my questions and talk through my different ideas and options.
Dr. Flisser put me on a protocol that would produce enough eggs so that we could pgs test them, but not one that would get me anywhere near hyperstimulating. The rational was that because of my translocation we needed the maximum number of eggs possible so that many embryos could be tested. He made a plan to bank some embryos while I continued to try naturally on my own.
Courtney was sometimes a bit confusing. She ordered the wrong test for my embryos but it ended up working for my specific issue. There were a few days where I wasn't sure it would work and that I wouldn't be able to test my embryos again.
it was very efficient.
Because my embryos were pgs tested we only transferred one at a time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The only thing that went wrong was that the nurse ordered the wrong genetic test for 7 embryos after my first retrieval. The test ended up being sufficient.
NY - Eastside

We really liked Dr Flisser's approach to patient care. ... he explained things in ways that made sense to us and offered practical, results-oriented advice. I knew going in we'd need to use a donor egg, but my husband wasn't quite there. Dr. Flisser talked to my husband in a manner that clarified things for him and made him feel comfortable with the path forward. ... And he showed empathy, enthusiasm and authentic support throughout the process.
We loved the whole staff at RMA. Dara in particular was so helpful. She was responsive and no question was too small. ... Strengths: Great doctors and staff Psychologist on staff to meet with you about the process and also screen donors On site donor matching program Responsive and caring staff Good morning office hours Weaknesses: The office could use an update I was surprised they didn't offer more holistic services or talk about that more
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
We really liked Dr Flisser's approach to patient care. We didn't need a lot of "kumbai-ya" but we felt that he really listened, he explained things in ways that made sense to us and offered practical, results-oriented advice. I knew going in we'd need to use a donor egg, but my husband wasn't quite there. Dr. Flisser talked to my husband in a manner that clarified things for him and made him feel comfortable with the path forward. And throughout the whole process, he answered questions and talked about the process in a way that was reassuring. We were lucky in that we had a very smooth process to getting pregnant (great egg donor result, all of our embryos had great genetic testing results, we got pregnant from the first transfer) but I feel confident that if that hadn't been the case, Dr. Flisser would have been great in less than ideal circumstances.
Tell him up front where your head is at with the process. By being honest with him about how I felt and where my husband was with things, he was able to provide the appropriate information in a way that made us both feel really comfortable. He's more soft spoken and not a huge "talker" but I always felt that I got what I needed from every appointment.
Dr Flisser listened to us from the very beginning. He was able to explain his recommended approach in ways that worked for both me and my husband who process things differently. And he showed empathy, enthusiasm and authentic support throughout the process. I appreciated him always answering my questions in a way that made me feel like nothing was too small or dumb to ask and when I felt anxious, he responded with empathy.
We went straight to donor egg because of my age and very low ovarian reserve. Due to the timing of things with our donor, we did a frozen cycle. We did the highest level of PGD testing available (with all the mosaic testing.) I took Estradol (2 and then 3 times per day), thyroid medication once a day (I was not on it previously but he likes your numbers low) and progesterone shots once a day starting four days before the transfer. We didn't want to choose the sex so they picked what they thought was the best embryo. I had a positive pregnancy from the first transfer. Post transfer, I stayed on all the medication throughout the ten weeks I was at RMA, tapering off the meds the last week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
We loved the whole staff at RMA. Dara in particular was so helpful. She was responsive and no question was too small. She got on the phone one weekend to talk to me about the donor process when we had concerns and when there was a small issue with how something was handled, she not only quickly put at us at ease, but she apologized which goes a long way. There was no defensiveness which I really appreciated. the whole staff was great. From the women taking blood in the morning to every person we interacted with throughout the process, they were helpful, empathetic, well-informed and enthusiastic. We felt very well cared for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
$15.5K for egg donor and retrieval (shared cycle) $10,350 for recipient treatment psych orientation $300 $1.5K for genetic testing $40 copay per visit Medications - not sure exactly but around $1,000 with my coverage
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The only issue we faced was that our regular patient coordinator was off on the day we were told we had matched with a donor. The person who called wasn't aware that we had originally requested to be the sole recipient and it was for a shared cycle. It causes some confusion and stress for us initially, but over the weekend, our regular patient coordinator got in touch with us and when I voiced my concerns, got on the phone with me, explained the rationale, apologized for the mistake in how things were communicated (they felt it was a great match so at least wanted to offer us the opportunity.) And when we had additional questions to help make our decision, provided all the resources we needed to do so. So it ended up totally fine and we appreciated the effort that was made to fix the mistake in communication.
NY - Eastside

We are so incredibly thankful to Dr. Flisser for guiding us through this process, and have actually recommended some of our family members to RMA as a result...Dr. Flisser has an extensive understanding of fertility, remains very current on the newest technologies, is incredibly patient and thorough, and ultimately helped us conceive our first child. We were trying to get pregnant for about a year, ended up doing two rounds of IUI which unfortunately didn't work, and finally ended up doing a retrieval using PGD, ICSI, and a 5 day transfer that worked.
This Madison Ave location of RMA is very busy...LOVED Arielle [nurse] , she was amazing to work with, super responsive, incredibly caring, and an overall wonderful person...$15k for the retrieval and transfer. Another $2k for PGD testing, and then the medication was separate, around $3,500...RMA does a great job of getting results. They can be super busy at times, and depending on when you go the wait times can be long, but it's an incredibly competent office with a very strong team.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser has an extensive understanding of fertility, remains very current on the newest technologies, is incredibly patient and thorough, and ultimately helped us conceive our first child. We were trying to get pregnant for about a year, ended up doing two rounds of IUI which unfortunately didn't work, and finally ended up doing a retrieval using PGD, ICSI, and a 5 day transfer that worked. We are so incredibly thankful to Dr. Flisser for guiding us through this process, and have actually recommended some of our family members to RMA as a result.
Dr. Flisser was exactly the type of doctor that we tend to gravitate towards. He's very direct and thorough, always erring on the side of reality and odds rather than providing a false hope or narrative. I think this can often times be interpreted as having a cold bed-side manner because he's often very direct about statistics, chances of success, etc. Rather than sugar coat things he simply conveys what they know about fertility, what the data suggests, etc. However, while his approach can sometimes be a bit more clinical in nature, he's extremely patient, understanding and thorough. We started so many sentences with "this may be a dumb question, but..." and every time he would say it's not a dumb question at all and proceed to calmly walk us through everything. This Madison Ave location of RMA is very busy, but we never felt rushed or like he was trying to finish our appointment so he could work with the next couple. As time went on, we developed a great rapport with Dr. Flisser and were truly thankful he was our doctor.
LOVED Arielle, she was amazing to work with, super responsive, incredibly caring, and an overall wonderful person.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
~$15k for the retrieval and transfer. Another $2k for PGD testing, and then the medication was separate, around $3,500
Dr. Flisser felt that if we didn't want to have twins, and weren't in a crazy rush to have kids, that the eSET gave us the best chance to have a singleton and ultimately would lead to less potential pregnancy complications vs transferring multiple embryos.

2015 - 2017, Successful
I felt that Dr. Flisser was going to help us be successful in having a child and he was...He is very confident in his expertise and skills as a RE. While his demeanor could be misconstrued as dismissive saying things like, “I’m the doctor.” I actually felt that was an important message for him to say and for me to hear. We were more conecernes tbat his numbers spoke for our chance for success. Dr. Flisser is definitely a numbers guy, but that does not mean that we were treated as a number.
RMA (east side) definitely feels like a baby factory. However, my feelings about this are positive...they have incredible resources because of the number of patients they see...The nurses are wonderful at RMA.... it can feel disheartening to sit in a waiting room with so many other couples, often this is what attributes patients feeling like a number, but for me it helped me to not feel so alone sitting among so many other hopeful parents...We paid roughly 25% of the tots IVF costs. PGS and the freezing of embryos was on us.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
I felt that Dr. Flisser was going to help us be successful in having a child and he was. There were setbacks when treatments didn’t work, however I felt that as long as Dr. Flisser didn’t give up on us, we shouldn’t give up on him. He is very confident in his expertise and skills as a RE. While his demeanor could be misconstrued as dismissive saying things like, “I’m the doctor.” I actually felt that was an important message for him to say and for me to hear. We were more conecernes tbat his numbers spoke for our chance for success. Dr. Flisser is definitely a numbers guy, but that does not mean that we were treated as a number. He is invested in seeing his patients through to a positive and healthy pregnancy.
Let him do his job as an RE and build a support system of friends for the emotional support that you will certainly need. I’d give this advice regardless of who the fertility doctor is, and that is: If a cycle doesn’t work the first time don’t switch doctors just because it didn’t work. I think they are putting together a puzzle and the first time is only one piece. Unfortunately, I think people have to shift expectations of fertility treatments being a perfect science. It most definitely is not. Dr. Flisser very clearly understands the percentages and numbers and it was comforting and helpful as we dug in towards additional treatments that he could share the true chances of success.
Dr. Flisser took true ownership of our fertility process. On multiple occasions he made it apparent that he was going to be the one present for me because I was “his,” patient.
We did 3 IUI’s with trigger shot and clomid and then because of our age and history of infertility did IVF. Egg retrieval brought 20 eggs. Of those 10 were fertilized with ICSI and 4 embryos made it to the 5th day blastocyst. We had PGS performed and 3 were considered viable. I had a single embryo transferred that was AA grade, male, which resulted in a negative test. I had a BC embryo, male, transferred that resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I had the final CC embryo transferred that resulted in our wonderful daughter.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses are wonderful at RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA (east side) definitely feels like a baby factory. However, my feelings about this are positive. The fact that so many people go there is because it works. They have incredible resources because of the number of patients they see. Ultimately I wanted a place with good success rates and RMA has that. Sure, it can feel disheartening to sit in a waiting room with so many other couples, often this is what attributes patients feeling like a number, but for me it helped me to not feel so alone sitting among so many other hopeful parents.
Insurance covered most of the IUI cycles less co-pays and medication co-pays. We paid roughly 25% of the tots IVF costs. PGS and the freezing of embryos was on us.
It was hard to accept that Dr. Flisser was only transferring one embryo at a time. We wanted “insta-family.” However, he is concerned about having healthy babies and healthy mothers, which multiples have more risks. Dr. Flisser held a pretty hard line of only transferring one at a time. We know he has transferred multiples but our understanding is he resorts to that only after multiple failed attempts with one.
NY - Eastside

[RMA of New York is a] well oiled machine but factory like in that theres a lot of people. I personally don't mind that it's like a factory because Dr. Flisser always makes an effort to see and treat his patients...Arielle is the best! She is compassionate and always makes herself available even when she is not actually working...Dr. Flisser gives out his email address and always responds within a day or two. He makes times to talk to you on the phone and candidly answers all questions.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Dr. Flisser is very smart and very honest. He is also open to hearing patient's concerns and is willing to think outside box. For example, although RMA doesn't really believe in immunology protocols, Dr. Flisser was supportive and still worked with me when I went to see one because he knew it was something I really wanted. Dr. Flisser is not only an amazing doctor but he is an amazing person. The night before my egg retrieval I realized I did not have the medicine for my trigger shot. Dr. Flisser drove to the office and to my apartment and hand delivered the medication to me. I have been to three RE's now and he is truly the best.
You're in good hands. Don't be afraid to ask questions and always be your own advocate
1 egg retrieval with ICSI, 6 embryos resulting all PGS tested. First frozen transfer resulted in chemical pregnancy. Second FET resulted in 7.5 week miscarriage followed by a D&C. Endometrial biopsy found endometritis and products of conception, needed a hysteroscopy. Third FET resulted in negative pregnancy test
My insurance covered my FET but not ICSI and not PGS testing
He is a proponent of single embryo transfers

2013 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Flisser was always aware of everything that was going on with my cycle. He was super compassionate when I had a loss and gave me a great pep talk even though i didn't want to hear it. ... He did his best to review my file from my other doctor and find out the best stim protocol to yield many babies. ... Dr. Flisser was extremely concerned about multiple births. Given my situation and my quality embryos he was adamant about only transferring 1 embryo at a time.
I hated the fact that I had to go to the city for retrieval and transfer. But most people were warm and encouraging. They got you in and out quickly, but sometimes you had to wait for the person ahead of you to be done. ... IT [monitoring] was well oiled machine. Never a line. ALways took them on a first come first serve basis. ... She [nurse] was good. Always called me back. But she was busy so hard to get in contact with.
Dr. Flisser was always aware of everything that was going on with my cycle. He was super compassionate when I had a loss and gave me a great pep talk even though i didn't want to hear it. He was always willing to listen to me cry and always said something positive to try to make me feel better. He had an answer for everything. He's was my biggest cheerleader. Even though he didn't take my insurance, he still offered to complete the DNC after my MC when my OB wasn't available. For lack of a better phrase "i love him" and would recommend him to anyone and everyone. My first doctor couldn't compare. He was also stating that the Lab that his office worked with was much better than the one I had come from before, so he was able to somehow guarentee results even though it took 2 fresh cycles of IVF and 4 FETS to yield 2 healthy children. And he was also willing to work with me financially as the cost of 10 IVF cycles out of pocket could be super costly.
Make sure you take control of your body and allow him or his staff to explain everything to you. Do not take "NO" for an answer
Dr. Flisser is so warm. He made me feel important and had a great bedside manner. He was completely understanding of my situation and helped me understand my issue. He also took a lot of time with me during my visits and allowed me to ask as many questions as I could. He also took time to explain the process and his staff was very nice and accommodating too.
After having failed 4 fresh cycles of IVF, i was familiar with protocol. He did his best to review my file from my other doctor and find out the best stim protocol to yield many babies. As it was a long time ago, I only remember being on Gonal F and Menopure. I can't tell you exactly how much But for Menopure I remember starting with 2 viles and then going up to 3. Their lab must have been great because I yielded 6 healthy embryos in 2 cycles which i never had before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Olga - long island office )
She was good. Always called me back. But she was busy so hard to get in contact with.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
I hated the fact that I had to go to the city for retrieval and transfer. But most people were warm and encouraging. They got you in and out quickly, but sometimes you had to wait for the person ahead of you to be done. This is a trying time for everyone, it would be good if the staff could be a bit more encouraging and have more answers to questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
IT was well oiled machine. Never a line. ALways took them on a first come first serve basis.
So my Full IVF Cycle was 13,750. And my frozen Cycle was 3350. The cost of PGS was 3,000 plus a 1600 lab fee. They are close estimations.
So, Dr. Flisser was extremely concerned about multiple births. Given my situation and my quality embryos he was adamant about only transferring 1 embryo at a time. He thought that carrying twins would not be an option for my situation and he fought me tooth and nail about transferring only one. He won! The only time we transferred 2 embryos was the very last transfer that i did with him and 1 of the embryos was not very good quality. He was pretty sure that , that one was not going to take. And he was right.
Eric Flisser
RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)
Garden City