Medical SchoolSUNY Downstate
ResidencyDuke
FellowshipRWJ Rutgers
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Eric Forman to a friend?
9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
I had Katrina and Tiffany as nurses. They did their jobs well. Even the nurses who draw blood exhibited a great standard of care. Peri, the Egg Donor Program Coordinator, is especially great. She was incredibly helpful and reliable.... I can't recommend this clinic (Columbia) enough. The only things that I would hope for other to avoid are things that they can't necessarily control. 1) Make sure your procedures are pre-authorized well in advance. Speak with your insurance yourself and know for sure that pre-autho went through.
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman listened to my concerns and is very good with first time IVF patients. Nothing was too small for his attention and he’s always doing his best for you. He consistently went above and beyond for me the entire time I was in his care. A perfect example of this was when I had expressed how much I wanted him to perform the actual IVF procedure rather than another doctor from the clinic. The day of the procedure, it wasn’t guaranteed that he could make it but he rushed to the clinic and made it happen. I actually teared up when I saw him. These things mean the world to women who have no control over their bad fortune. He and his team understood that these things mattered and what a difference it makes when your concerns are taken seriously. Even the front desk and nurses who draw blood exhibited the same standard of care. Peri, the Egg Donor Program Coordinator, is especially great. She was incredibly helpful and reliable. I can’t recommend Columbia University Fertility Center enough.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
I do not have a uterus but still have my ovaries. IVF, creating and freezing embryos and using a gestational carrier was the only strategy. It was all pretty straight forward for everyone. I declined using birth control because I had LH test strips to tell me approximately when my first day of cycle would be. He then monitored my blood work until we knew when to start everything. My injectables were Menopur, Gonal F & Cetrotide.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I can't recommend this clinic enough. The only things that I would hope for other to avoid are things that they can't necessarily control. 1) Make sure your procedures are pre-authorized well in advance. Speak with your insurance yourself and know for sure that pre-autho went through. 2) One of the third party companies that they work with, Igenomix that is used for PGS testing, relies on your IVF doctor to explain things that I believe should be their responsibility. The only thing that the clinic can do to help avoid a lot of frustration when it comes to finding out your results from Igenomix is to explain to their patients that 1) Currently, NY state law does not does not allow companies like Igenomix to disclose mosaic results 2) Explain that mosaic results from Igenomix are handled differently and how. 3) Interpret the results from Igenomix completely for the patient before they try to do it for themselves with an Igenomix rep. Again, all things that I believe Igonmix should explain before someone uses their services considering it has to do with their results and the service that your paying them to do, not the clinic. Igenomix should be saying, “You should know that that NY State law prevents us from disclosing information about mosaics…”, “this is how we outline our results. we conclude mosaic embryos are also abnormal embryos so you wouldn’t use them anyway… (paraphrasing that last part… that’s not exactly right)..”, “This is how you interpret our results, here is an example”.
2019 - 2020
[Dr. Forman] is the rare kind of doctor who is both extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his job, and highly sensitive to the emotional ups and downs patients experience during infertility. He always explained treatment options thoroughly, was highly responsive to questions and concerns via email, and helped us remain hopeful after a failed cycle...He took all possible factors into consideration (my age, diagnostic results, insurance coverage, etc.) into consideration when recommending we jump straight into IVF. Our first cycle yielded only 1 egg, but thankfully, PGS results were normal. We stuck with a similar protocol for the second round of IVF, with the goal of aiming for quality eggs again. That cycle was unsuccessful and we did not end up with any PGS normal embryos. Dr. Forman then suggested we adjust our protocol to something more aggressive (a microdose Lupron flare with a higher dose of Gonal (375 per night), 1 vial of Menopur, and HCG t
The clinic [Columbia University] is a well-oiled machine. They see lots of patients yet few things slip through the cracks. Everyone is professional and helpful. My morning appointments were always very quick, which eased the stress of getting to work on time afterwards. The only process that was a little confusing was the ordering of medications. In my first round of IVF, for example, the timing was unclear and I was anxious about getting all my medications on time. We were also missing a medication in the third round of IVF, which was nearly overlooked and could have been an issue.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Working with Dr. Forman has been the most positive experience I've ever had with a doctor. My husband and I did our research, and chose Dr. Forman after reading many positive reviews about his communicative style, compassion, and good results. We began seeing him in August of 2019, after a year of trying to conceive naturally and some disappointing diagnostic results (low AMH, high FSH) at another clinic. He took all possible factors into consideration (my age, diagnostic results, insurance coverage, etc.) into consideration when recommending we jump straight into IVF. Our first cycle yielded only 1 egg, but thankfully, PGS results were normal. We stuck with a similar protocol for the second round of IVF, with the goal of aiming for quality eggs again. That cycle was unsuccessful and we did not end up with any PGS normal embryos. Dr. Forman then suggested we adjust our protocol to something more aggressive (a microdose Lupron flare with a higher dose of Gonal (375 per night), 1 vial of Menopur, and HCG trigger). This protocol resulted in my most successful cycle, with 9 eggs and, ultimately, 2 PGS normal embryos. Due to the pandemic, a transfer was not an option during early spring, so after a thorough consultation with Dr. Forman, we opted for one more round of IVF in an attempt to bank another normal embryo. This final round was unsuccessful, with 2 abnormal embryos. Throughout the process, Dr. Forman was highly communicative and always available via email. He was sensitive yet forthcoming about my prospects when my FSH numbers continued to rise throughout the year. I appreciated the delicate balance he managed of being honest but caring. He also genuinely shared in our successes, which made it feel like we were a real team. I was grateful that he adjusted my protocol and always seemed to be thinking of new things to try. We did an eSET in August, which Dr. Forman made a point of doing himself, and are currently 11 weeks pregnant!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Take advantage of his expertise and responsiveness, and ask him any and all questions you may have.
Dr. Forman is the rare kind of doctor who is both extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his job, and highly sensitive to the emotional ups and downs patients experience during infertility. He always explained treatment options thoroughly, was highly responsive to questions and concerns via email, and helped us remain hopeful after a failed cycle.
See above.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo)
The nursing staff was excellent too. They always followed up with test results by the end of the day and provided detailed instructions for medications.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is a well-oiled machine. They see lots of patients yet few things slip through the cracks. Everyone is professional and helpful. My morning appointments were always very quick, which eased the stress of getting to work on time afterwards. The only process that was a little confusing was the ordering of medications. In my first round of IVF, for example, the timing was unclear and I was anxious about getting all my medications on time. We were also missing a medication in the third round of IVF, which was nearly overlooked and could have been an issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at Columbia University.
Our cycles were covered by our fertility insurance, Progyny.
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. Forman opted for an eSET to reduce the risk of multiples and miscarriage. My understanding is that this is the current preferred approach based on research, so I was glad he chose it.

2020
6 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Forman was so respectful and kind to us. He never rushed through any of our appointments and communicated with us thoroughly! He listened and took time to read through our history...Even right before many of my procedures, he would email with another tip/suggestion to increase my chances. I also was very nervous for many of my procedures and of course made him aware of that so he'd make sure to reassure me and provide a step by step of what to expect so that I didn't worry.
When I walked in [to Columbia University], I couldn't believe how beautiful and modern it was inside. My previous fertility clinic was old and dingy. Columbia's fertility center is elegant, clean and upscale. The check in process was always seamless and I never had a long wait. I am a teacher so this was helpful for my monitoring appointments...Christine [nurse] was amazing. She communicated so quickly and efficiently. I could ask her any question I wanted and she took the time to respond and give a thorough answer.
2020
6 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is incredibly professional, smart and caring. He takes the time to review every detail about your history and tailors his treatment so that it works for you. Even right before many of my procedures, he would email with another tip/suggestion to increase my chances. I also was very nervous for many of my procedures and of course made him aware of that so he'd make sure to reassure me and provide a step by step of what to expect so that I didn't worry.
Make an appointment with him ASAP. He is the reason I am pregnant right now after being with the wrong doctor for almost a year.
We did two egg retrievals and one frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Christine was amazing. She communicated so quickly and efficiently. I could ask her any question I wanted and she took the time to respond and give a thorough answer.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
When I walked in, I couldn't believe how beautiful and modern it was inside. My previous fertility clinic was old and dingy. Columbia's fertility center is elegant, clean and upscale. The check in process was always seamless and I never had a long wait. I am a teacher so this was helpful for my monitoring appointments.
Our insurance covered two egg retrievals. About $1200 for frozen embryo.
We did a frozen embryo transfer with a 5 day blastocyst. We did not do genetic testing because of our age and preference.
Columbia University

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University.

2019 - 2020
We finally decided to start treatment again in NY with Dr Forman and the first test he did was ERA to check why I had to FET that failed in the past .... results: I needed one a day of medication! He took the time to go over everything and realized that was the piece of the puzzle missing from the other clinic!...I have to say that Dr Forman took the time to explain everything in details and he would even email us when he was not in the office to check if we were ok or congratulate us for the results. The treatment we received was excellent. Before going to Columbia I was treated by a fertility clinic in NJ and I could definitely “feel” the difference between clinics. I did not mind driving all the way from to NJ even for a morning monitoring because I knew I was in good hands and when you go thru this you want to make sure your Doctor is the best !
My nurse [at Columbia] was Christine and she was excellent... took the time to explain things in detailed and always answered all my questions (I had a lot!) My case coordinator was Gertrude and she was great! Always a smile on her face and making sure we were ok!...The clinic was excellent! Always trying to schedule my appointments according to my needs considering I was coming from NJ and phone calls or emails were answered right away!! The technology and everything on yo ur application make things easier for patients!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
No words can express how grateful I am to have Dr. Forman and his amazing team care for me during my IVF journey. Everyone was so caring and detail oriented every step of the way. Dr. Forman collaborates with the patient and the nursing/lab team to provide efficient, timely results. I would highly recommend this center for any friends and family wishing to start a family. Dr Forman takes care of his patients in a way that I have never seen it before. He will email/call even when he was away just to check on us!
Listen to him and don’t doubt him... he definitely knows what he is doing. But even if you have any questions, he will always answer you!
Dr Forman was my first IVF doctor in NJ but the. He moved to NY. We figured we could stay in the NJ clinic because it would be the same ... we were wrong! We finally decided to start treatment again in NY with Dr Forman and the first test he did was ERA to check why I had to FET that failed in the past .... results: I needed one a day of medication! He took the time to go over everything and realized that was the piece of the puzzle missing from the other clinic!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine A. Helbo )
My nurse was Christine and she was excellent... took the time to explain things in detailed and always answered all my questions (I had a lot!) My case coordinator was Gertrude and she was great! Always a smile on her face and making sure we were ok!

2019 - 2020
Dr. Forman treated me with kindness and grace the entire time - he was authentic and optimistic even in our first consultation, and when he called me with my positive pregnancy test, I could tell the result was positive by his intonation on the phone that Sunday morning (yes, he truly goes above and beyond)... He is a thoughtful clinician who will look at your care and case inside and out, which is exactly what you need in your REI. And he does it with warmth, kindness, and genuine optimism while still being direct and clear. He is an outstanding communicator and is incredibly responsive - he returns emails with quick, clear, thorough explanations and immediately relieves my concerns. As a physician, I had more detailed questions about my plan/care (though I tried not to go overboard) and he authentically listened to my opinions; I was heard in a nonjudgemental way, and I truly felt like we're on the same te
The seating area [at Columbia University] is nice and spread out, and somehow miraculously never too crowded...They call you only by your first name instead of your first and last, so your privacy is respected...There are 2 private clean bathrooms in the waiting room as well. I preferred getting my blood drawn in the exam room instead of at the lab station...Hysteroscopy and repeat endometrial biopsy to confirm endometritis was gone (at my request). 2 IUIs (medicated) while waiting for embryos to be transferred from old clinic, unsuccessful but not surprising since it's IUI. Then progesterone suppositories for thin endometrial lining - lining wasn't as responsive as it was at stim for egg retrievals with injectables, so transfer was canceled. Then tried injectibles (G
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is truly the best of the best. I say this both as a patient and as a physician who has literally worked with 100s of other doctors. He is a thoughtful clinician who will look at your care and case inside and out, which is exactly what you need in your REI. And he does it with warmth, kindness, and genuine optimism while still being direct and clear. He is an outstanding communicator and is incredibly responsive - he returns emails with quick, clear, thorough explanations and immediately relieves my concerns. As a physician, I had more detailed questions about my plan/care (though I tried not to go overboard) and he authentically listened to my opinions; I was heard in a nonjudgemental way, and I truly felt like we're on the same team. He is evidence-based and even in casual conversation would cite certain papers (that I would then look up and read on PubMed) which really put my mind at ease. I had been in a stressful, toxic clinic previously (Cornell) and upon coming to Columbia with Dr. Forman, my stress evaporated overnight, literally. And we finally had success - thanks to Dr. Forman and his team. He will fight for you and has your best interests at heart. I wish I had found him as my first REI, not second. When I move back to the West Coast, I will continue to travel to him so we can continue to grow our family with him - I literally trust him with my life. My husband and I are eternally grateful to Dr. Forman!
Trust him. You'll see that he deserves your trust.
Hysteroscopy and repeat endometrial biopsy to confirm endometritis was gone (at my request). 2 IUIs (medicated) while waiting for embryos to be transferred from old clinic, unsuccessful but not surprising since it's IUI. Then progesterone suppositories for thin endometrial lining - lining wasn't as responsive as it was at stim for egg retrievals with injectables, so transfer was canceled. Then tried injectibles (Gonal-F and menopur) for lining, which worked, and we transferred with success! Used progesterone IM injections because I was concerned the lining was less responsive to suppositories due to chronic endometritis history and lack of response to suppositories; the shots were worth the peace of mind.
Christine is also a treasure! When I was crying about a canceled cycle due to thin lining (I never cry in doctors' offices, so I was surprised!) she met with me and was authentically empathetic and not rushed. I showed her my spreadsheet of endometrial lining history from prior cycles and expressed my concerns, she didn't think I was crazy, appreciated the data, and we all came up with a gameplan which was ultimately successful.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic setting is very serene, zen, and spa-like, complete with fruit and filtered water. No TVs, thank goodness. The front desk ladies are lovely and friendly. It really makes a difference to see kind faces when you're giving yourself shots daily and your entire life is revolving around IVF! The seating area is nice and spread out, and somehow miraculously never too crowded (Contrast to Cornell, where there are literally >100 patients on weekend monitoring days in the waiting room, standing room only, and some patients even take pictures of the scene, which is upsetting!). They call you only by your first name instead of your first and last, so your privacy is respected. (Again a huge contrast to Cornell, where your first and last name is shouted in front of >100+ patients.) There are 2 private clean bathrooms in the waiting room as well. I preferred getting my blood drawn in the exam room instead of at the lab station, and I think they're continuing to do this in the COVID-era.
Only copays, luckily. Freezing sperm was not covered by insurance so that was ~$600 I think. The financial team was awesome and coordinated everything with our insurance and pharmacy.
He wrote the studies on eSET so he obviously recommended eSET, which I agreed with given my age and maternal/fetal health risks with multiples.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Forman is knowledgeable, kind, calm, compassionate, honest and always available to answer any questions or concerns not matter the day or the time of day within minutes of my email sent to him. I felt he was always on call 24/7. He even answered a request weeks after I was discharged from his care. Similar to his team, he took the time to know me and my husband and he was always knowledgeable of both my medical and personal life. Fertility journey had many ups and downs and the one time we got bad news he made sure to make the phone call and calming and compassionately explaining the bad news and our options. I have never felt more taken care of than the time i was under Dr. Forman's care.
Christine was my main nurse and she was always so helpful and responsive. She even make sure to make an appointment to show and educate my husband and I how to administrate the progesterone shots. Columbia University Fertility Center has many nurses and nursing staff that you get to see every other day and their tremedous efforts and carrying is what makes every other day visit a pleasure. They truly go above and beyond!...The clinic is so well organized. I never experience a practice that has so many patients to work so smoothly. I never had to wait and I was always taken with in within minute after the check in. The blood work email will come in every time within 1.5 hrs after blood drawn with the instruction of what I needed to do next. The step by step explanations were very clear and not once I have to call for clarifications. My presctriptios were always called in and ready for pick up and when my pharmacy could get one of the prescription filled, the nurse called me within 15 minutes after I left their office and informed me of where I need to go to pick up that particular drug.
$500K+
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Let Dr. Forman get to know you both medical records and individual. He will only be able to give you the best care and attention if he truly knows you. Follow his advice, I found that he was never once wrong!
My main concern going to to Columbia University Fertility Center and seeing the number of patiences was that I will be just a number. Something I express to Dr. Forman during our first call. Dr. Forman assured me that every patience is given the time and attention needed and he was so right. Every doctor and nurse I came in contact with knew my name, asked personal questions which they would remember to ask follow up questions at the next visit and most of all knew I couldn't seat in the chair for the blood work. Dr. Forman told me his team of nurses will try to accommodate me and once again he was correct. His team accommodated and went when above and beyond every single time to make me comfortable.
I went to Dr. Forman after three failed IUIs at a different practice. Where despite of being the only patient at the time of the appointment, my husband and I felt that after six months, they know us or care to hear out concerts. We initially met with Dr. Forman for a second opinion and with 10-15 minutes talking with him, we knew that he is the right doctor for us. After reviewing my records and learning about my husband and I, Dr. Forman recommended the IVF with the genetic testing of each individual normal embryo. In October 2019, we started the first IVF treatment, we got nine eggs of which only two of them fertilized. Both embryos were genetically tested and we learned that both were not normal. While the news was devastating, Dr. Forman called us and explained to us that this is just a set back but he doesn't think this is the end road for us. He gave us the option to try again but also not to rush and take our time making the decision. We decided to do it again and on December 31, 2019 we started our second cycle. Once again we had nine eggs but this time around four of them fertilized. And after the genetic testing, Dr. Forman called us with the good news. We had one perfect embryo! Once again Dr. Forman gave us some options and we decided to go for the transfer in March. Nine days later, we found out we are pregnant and I'm now 16 weeks and so far every pregnancy test (NP, NIPT etc.) has come back perfect.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I don't remember the exact cost but I do recall being similar to the other practice I initial went to. I'm very fortunate that my company has paid in full for my treatments.
I believe the elective single embryo transfer is the best choice as healthy pregnancy result from from quality and not quantity. I could be more happy that Dr. Forman practices the single embryo transfer.

2018 - 2020
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I trusted Dr. Forman's suggestion on transferring a single embryo for my first IVF cycle and it was successful...was always kind, respectful, and took his time explaining all procedures to my husband and I. He never made us feel rushed at any point, and he took his time to answer all our questions. He made sure we understood the pros and cons of all the procedures before they were done...goes above and beyond to provide quality care for his patients. He always addresses my question and concerns since our very first meeting. He explains all procedures in detail and makes sure you understand the pros and cons before it is done. He never forces any procedures on you, he suggests it, gives you all the information, and lets you decide if you want to take that approach. Because of the quality work and great advice from Dr. Forman, I now have a healthy baby boy.
Nurse Christine[at Columbia University] is amazing. She always delivers the results by phone or email as soon as it becomes available. She is also available to answer any questions or concerns, if not she usually gets back to you as soon as she can...Overall, Columbia fertility is a wonderful place. As you exit the elevator you are greeted with friendly smiles from the front desk employees which makes you feel welcome. The office is bright, clean, and comfortable with complimentary refreshments. The wait time to be seen is very short.
2018 - 2020
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
There aren't enough words to describe how amazing Dr. Eric Forman is. He is kind, very compassionate, extremely knowledgable, great communication, and he handles all procedures with great attention and care. Dr. Forman goes above and beyond to provide quality care for his patients. He always addresses my question and concerns since our very first meeting. He explains all procedures in detail and makes sure you understand the pros and cons before it is done. He never forces any procedures on you, he suggests it, gives you all the information, and lets you decide if you want to take that approach. Because of the quality work and great advice from Dr. Forman, I now have a healthy baby boy.
Ask all the questions.
Dr. Forman was always kind, respectful, and took his time explaining all procedures to my husband and I. He never made us feel rushed at any point, and he took his time to answer all our questions. He made sure we understood the pros and cons of all the procedures before they were done.
Nurse Christine is amazing. She always delivers the results by phone or email as soon as it becomes available. She is also available to answer any questions or concerns, if not she usually gets back to you as soon as she can.
Insurance covered the cost

2019 - 2020
During that retrieval, Dr. Forman did a scratch test to see if there was any inflammation in my uterine lining. There was a few plasma cells found, so I took an antibiotic for that. We also went back and figured out which protocol provided my thickest lining and we decided menopur and Gonal f would gain the best lining for me...was ALWAYS available. Whether it was to vent or ask small questions, there was always an email in return. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I traveled in from northern NJ to see him and he was always considerate for that too.
She [nurse at Columbia] constantly returned my phone calls to answer all my questions and keep me calm. I can’t say enough good things...Columbia is gorgeous! Everything is clean and everyone when you walk in is friendly and helpful. Every one who ever drew my blood got to know me and made me feel super comfortable. The sonographers were informative and knowledgeable. I was always able to get in contact with someone to answer my question.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
The level of contact and patience he had for me as a patient goes above and beyond any other doctor I’ve ever seen. From the moment we met, I felt totally comfortable and respected any decisions Dr. Forman suggested as my course of treatment.
Ask questions and always be your own advocate no matter who your doctor is.
Dr. Forman was ALWAYS available. Whether it was to vent or ask small questions, there was always an email in return. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I traveled in from northern NJ to see him and he was always considerate for that too.
For all 3 IUIs we did letrozole to stimulate follicles. Then I was the one who volunteered to proceed to IVF. For the first egg retrieval, we used menopur and Gonal F. Then we added centrotide and triggered with HCG. For those frozen transfers, we did estradiol to thicken my lining and then progesterone in oil. After 1 miscarriage and 2 failed transfers, we decided to do a second egg retrieval. This was the same protocol. During that retrieval, Dr. Forman did a scratch test to see if there was any inflammation in my uterine lining. There was a few plasma cells found, so I took an antibiotic for that. We also went back and figured out which protocol provided my thickest lining and we decided menopur and Gonal f would gain the best lining for me. This was a natural cycle that I triggered a follicle and used progesterone suppositories instead of the oil. That’s what did the trick!
Christine and Gertrude are also amazing people. Christine is always so happy and positive. She constantly returned my phone calls to answer all my questions and keep me calm. I can’t say enough good things about these two women. They’re super respectful, professional, and compassionate with patients.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I have amazing insurance as a teacher so everything was covered except for genetic testing of embryos and cryopreservation. The biopsy was $2500 per retrieval and $100 per month for storage.
I always wanted to have one child at a time and Dr. Forman is a big advocate for it, so it was perfect for us.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Forman personally answers emails with any questions you may have. When I had an issue with medication not being called in, he helped me during the weekend so I can get my medication in time to start my IVF...Our first consultation with Dr. Forman was very detailed. He explained my diagnosis and the process moving forward. We decided to go straight to IVF due to my condition. The doctor is not the type that is overly warm, but he is knowledgeable and always on top of the latest research. He is more of the traditional and convention IVF view.
I dealt with a number of nurses [at Columbia University] while one of them was out so never really go to build good rapport...Finance department was giving out my old insurance information to doctors when I had changed insurance plans at the beginning of my IVF cycle. Failed to call in prior authorization for one of the medication resulting in me having to chase around to get the drug approved or risk delaying the start of my cycle. Did not take enough specimen for the tests we were going to perform
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
He is not overly warm but will be blunt and honest about the treatment ahead. I would suggest to do your own research about the latest tests available and bring it up to see if he is okay to it. Be an advocate for yourself.
Gonal F, Menuopur, Novidel trigger for egg retrieval. Lupron, estrace, and progesterone in oil for transfer.
I dealt with a number of nurses while one of them was out so never really go to build good rapport.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Clinic was bright, clean, modern. The finance department was horrible. Super hard to get in touch with. Had the wrong insurance information. The finance coordinator does not pick up the phone ever and I always had to leave messages for her to call me back. Phone tag basically. The clinic was not too transparent with costs unlike other clinics. I felt I had to advocate for myself and asks about costs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
Very quick and easy. The earlier you go the better. In an out in 15 minutes. If you want to have your doctor perform your ultrasound you need to request it and the doctor may not always be available.
Not sure yet...
He strongly suggests single embryo transfer.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Forman is awesome. He’s very responsive and always lets you know the possible outcomes. Obviously what Him and the embryologists do is incredible the science is there but there’s the parts they can’t control and he lets you know up front. He also lets you make your decisions without pressure but tells you his point of view. I trusted Dr Forman the whole step of the way and very grateful for him and all he’s done for us...always lets you know the possible outcomes. Obviously what Him and the embryologists do is incredible the science is there but there’s the parts they can’t control and he lets you know up front. He also lets you make your decisions without pressure but tells you his point of view. I trusted Dr Forman the whole step of the way and very grateful for him and all he’s done for us.
Christine [nurse at Columbia Fertility Associates] was amazing. Very patient, quick to respond and genuinely cared. Also all of the nurses that took my blood were the best. So gentle and caring...Retrieval cycle including PGS testing (not Transfer as insurance covered) around $14,000. Didn’t have to pay for monitoring as my insurance covered this as well...The office is beautiful. Doesn’t feel like a doctors office at all. At first I was worried that the costs would be much higher than other clinics but that’s not the case! The staff is wonderful. The nurses and all the doctors that I had the experience of dealing with. Nothing but positive things to say about Columbia!
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia Fertility Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at Columbia Fertility Associates?
Trust his judgment and take notes if you’re one that needs to know all the details!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at Columbia Fertility Associates?
Dr. Forman and his staff knew me and out conversations and appointments showed that. You can tell they truly care about their patients. When you go in for your retrieval and transfer it’s one room so one person at a time. You don’t feel like your in a hospital. Very different from my other clinic.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at Columbia Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
He changed my protocol after my first clinic wasn’t successful as I ovulated before they went in for retrieval. He used lupron micro flare along with follistim and menopour.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo )
Christine was amazing. Very patient, quick to respond and genuinely cared. Also all of the nurses that took my blood were the best. So gentle and caring.
Describe your experience with Columbia Fertility Associates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at Columbia Fertility Associates.
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia Fertility Associates.
N-a
Columbia Fertility Associates
Washington DC

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Forman at Columbia Fertility Associates.

2 IUI, IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Forman did clearly explain everything he did and why he was doing it... Kind, compassionate, always available even in off hours by phone and email. He helped us to procure a New York State fertility grant for which other clinics had huge and unreasonable waitlists, and got us in right before the annual deadline so that we could do an egg retrieval immediately! Without his extra attention and assistance, we could never have done the retrieval at all.
Columbia never ever felt like a cattle call...I was always treated quickly and with great attention and care...is the pinnacle of fertility care, from a super clean and new facility to great doctors, nurses, and administrators. I have complete confidence in everyone I saw there and they made me feel very well cared for throughout the whole process...The nursing staff is all friendly, warm, compassionate, and utterly competent, to the point that I somehow didn't even mind any of the blood draws or the going in early for monitoring!
2 IUI, IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is always willing to explain everything down to the smallest detail, and has always been available for us when we had any questions or concerns. After a mediocre experience with one doctor at another clinic, and a terrible experience with another doctor at another clinic, finding Dr. Forman felt like a godsend.
Don't hesitate to ask questions! He's got the answers
Dr. Forman is incredible. Kind, compassionate, always available even in off hours by phone and email. He helped us to procure a New York State fertility grant for which other clinics had huge and unreasonable waitlists, and got us in right before the annual deadline so that we could do an egg retrieval immediately! Without his extra attention and assistance, we could never have done the retrieval at all.
While I don't recall the precise strategies now, Dr. Forman did clearly explain everything he did and why he was doing it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia is the pinnacle of fertility care, from a super clean and new facility to great doctors, nurses, and administrators. I have complete confidence in everyone I saw there and they made me feel very well cared for throughout the whole process.
Columbia never ever felt like a cattle call (distinctly different from NYU, which always did). I was always treated quickly and with great attention and care.
Dr. Forman helped us to get a New York State grant for partial coverage of our egg retrievals, without which we could not have afforded treatment. All other billing was handled efficiently and logically.
No comment.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Forman has a calm, dry manner of presenting information. Personally, I appreciated that, as I found it very clear, but I could imagine someone else finding it slightly cold. My advice would be to get to know the doctor and give him a chance. ... Dr. Forman clearly explained all options. He patiently answered our questions. He was available to answer follow-ups over email, and responded to those very quickly. He was compassionate at all of our visits. I was glad that he was able to do the egg retrieval.
On the whole, I found everything [at Columbia University] very well run. My only note is that I needed to follow up on prescriptions being called in on time on two occasions. ... My primary nurse is Christine Helbo. She has been a great help--responsive and dealt with issues with the pharmacy in a timely way to make sure there was no interruption of my medication protocol. My care coordinator Gertrude Wilfred was professional and compassionate. Very well organized, and kept everything running smoothly. The rest of the staff--nurses, doctors, phlebotomists, technicians--were all very professional, helpful, and kind.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman has a calm, dry manner of presenting information. Personally, I appreciated that, as I found it very clear, but I could imagine someone else finding it slightly cold. My advice would be to get to know the doctor and give him a chance. He is a very kind and thoughtful person, just a bit of an introvert. :)
Dr. Forman was happy to explain everything about the treatment to me and to discuss our expectations. He also helped schedule treatments around my work travel schedule. He is always available to answer questions over email.
We first tried IUI with Clomid and Ovidrel. The second IUI we used Letrozole (and Ovidrel for trigger). Both were negative preg tests. Given my age (38) and my partners sperm quality (not horrendous, but not great), we then moved on to IVF. For the stimulation, we did Follistim (150/night) and Menopur (75/night) for 7 days (Follistim was upped to 200/night for the last three days). For the 6th and 7th days, I also took Ganirelix. On day 8, I did my trigger shot, and retrieval was morning of day 10. I think part of the rationale for the doses was my good ovarian reserve/AMH levels. 8 eggs were retrieved; 4 were mature; 2 were fertilized; and 1 made it to day 5 (blastocyst, good morphology). We did PGT for that one and it was normal. (Now just waiting for treatments to begin again before transferring.)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is very well organized. I have heard negative descriptions from former patients, but my experience has been positive. On the whole, I found everything very well run. My only note is that I needed to follow up on prescriptions being called in on time on two occasions.
My insurance covered about half of IUI costs. I believe out-of-pocket costs were about $450. For IVF, my insurance didn't cover anything. Cost estimate was ~$17K for monitoring, retrieval/lab, cryo; ~4K for FET; PGT was paid to a separate lab ($250/embryo+shipping).
Dr. Forman's recommendation was for eSET, in part because we did PGT. We agreed with that approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
Unclear if it was the clinic or the pharmacy, but a prescription wasn't called in on one occasion.

2019 - 2020
Dr Forman is honest and straightforward. I knew exactly what we were doing and why, and my expectations were set and leveled. And, when I need to reach out to him (usually via email). he is quick to respond. I feel like he is my partner in this journey...I like that Dr Forman doesn't sugar coat anything. I like that he gives me details, explains things clearly (uses visuals even), and I know what to expect every step of the way. I don't think his style works for everyone, but I think if you're ok with someone level setting you at each step then he is great.
I love Columbia. The one drawback is how busy they are, but I love the attention I get. I have never had a negative experience (other than being in a crowded waiting room). Don't be afraid to speak up if you think you're being lost in the crowd, the staff is incredibly responsive. I think it may feel intimidating and clinical to someone who is new, but once you start your treatments you'll feel like you're being taken care of.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Don't be turned off by his straightforward manner. You are going to be in the best mindset possible under his treatment.
We used Clomid, Menopur, and Gonal-F. I am older so I needed more egg stimulation for IVF.
I love Christine and the nursing staff at Columbia. I was anxious about shots - before and after IVF, and they were extremely helpful in getting me over my anxieties.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
IVF cycle out of pocket was a little under $14,000; implantation was about $3,000 out of pocket, and the embryo storage (to take it out) was about $5000
I had no choice but to go with single embryo transfer - I only has one healthy embryo.
Columbia University

Columbia Fertility is a well run place, the receptionists are organized and always check you in on time when you arrive for an appointment or monitoring. The nurses and ultrasound tech is polite and sweet, always great bedside manner. I would say there is not much of weakness at all...We went straight to IVF with antagonist protocol, it did not need pre-treatment. We did the shots for 7 day and was able to retrieved 7 eggs even though we saw over 20 follicles during the monitoring.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable in his field, he attends many reproductive conferences and participate in guest panels, we know from the moment we met him he is a detailed and smart doctor. He does not sugar coat any statistics or facts at the same time he always maintain positive and encouraging. Being I am 43, time is important so after our discussion with Dr. Forman, we decided to go straight into IVF instead of multiple rounds of IUI. Through out our decision making Dr Forman was always there when we had a question or concern. Never once we doubted Dr. Forman's recommendation.
Do your own research and come to Dr. Forman with your questions and he will answer them one by one and put your mind at ease.
Dr Forman is one of the best in his field, from our initial consultation, he asked how many kids we want to have and since neither of us have any kids, we couldn’t even fathom how to answer that question. After our first meeting, he shared with us his email address in case we had more questions about the process. Then later that night Dr Forman sent us an follow up email on our consultation. During the NYC blackout, the clinic is within the blackout zone and we were worried about our embryos in the clinic lab. We emailed Dr. Forman and he responded quickly to assured our embryos are safe in the nitrogen tanks and later shared on his social media that one of the embryologist climbed 13 flights of stairs to ensure all the back up generators were working. This is such brilliant team work, Dr Forman has a very capable team aside him.
Dr. Forman entire team work seamlessly. Christine is Dr. Forman's main nurse, she always emailed or contact us on the treatment plan and monitoring results. Gertrude is Dr. Forman's secretary, she is always on point in scheduling the appointment and coordinate office visits. When one of them is not available, there is always other support staff stepping in and communicate with you. In this process, every single piece of communication is so important and needed.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Well run clinic and very efficient. The staff always inform you if there is more than few minutes of wait. They always try to work around your schedule the best they can and we always felt well treated.
IVF one cycle is about $17,000 without the meds.
We trust Dr. Forman's recommendation on Single Embryo Transfer as we do not want the risks of having multiples.
Columbia University

The clinic itself [Columbia U] is clean and comfortable. The environment is one in which you feel comfortable.The only downfall is the morning monitoring. The timing sometimes conflict with my work schedule so if you have to be monitored before work I would suggest arriving as early as possible. They are however willing to accommodate you if you arrive after the monitoring window. The clinic is easily accessible in the city by various meth6 of transportation
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is very open about the treatment protocol. I underwent 3 transfers at a different clinic and neither resulted in pregnancy. I was frustrated and seeking advice from someone other then the doctor o was seeing who's only recommendation was to proceed with another embryo transfer w/o knowing why they kept failing. Dr. Forman was the only person I encountered who opened up other options for me.
Eric Forman may seem standoffish but I've come to realize that's just his personality. He seems a bit of an introvert. He does however know fertility and takes extra care to ensure you feel comfortable. Without Dr. Forman offering other options I would never have come to learn new things about myself and my fertility.
Eric Forman was very open and honest during our consultation and I didnt feel like he was reciting a speech like every other doctor. Dr. Forman goes out of his was to answer all emails and questions even on Sundays when no one van be reached. I appreciate his transparency.
I've just recently started seeing Dr. Forman however I already feel comfortable with him. After multiple failed transfers he was the only person who offered me an option. Instead of pushing me to proceed with another transfer that could potentially fail and result in losing my last embryo he suggested an new test to measure my receptivity to the transfers and it turns out that I needed more time on progesterone than my previous doctor was aware of. All of my transfers were being done too soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
The nurses are always kind and always seem to put my nerves at ease.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic itself is clean and comfortable. The environment is one in which you feel comfortable.The only downfall is the morning monitoring. The timing sometimes conflict with my work schedule so if you have to be monitored before work I would suggest arriving as early as possible. They are however willing to accommodate you if you arrive after the monitoring window. The clinic is easily accessible in the city by various meth6 of transportation so finding it isnt a problem.
I've only done testing this far but I believe s round of IVF was quoted around 16K.
Dr. Forman advised that because of my age I should only transfer 1 embryo. We havent gotten to the tra sfer process yet but I trust his judgment and if the next transfer fails he said he is open to discussing the possibility of transferring more then one.
Columbia University

I never felt like a number with Dr Forman. At the beginning of your treatment he sits down with you and takes a long time to explain everything. You never get the sense that his mind is elsewhere. I will admit that during IUI cycles, we got a bit less of his attention....Once we made the decision to start IVF I did feel we got a bit more attention from Dr Forman... Dr Forman is very blunt. Not in a mean way, he certainly is very compassionate, but you can tell he is a man with an analytical mind.
The space [Columbia U] is very beautiful and feels high end, which I appreciate since you really do spend so much time there. It’s nice that they have a clean and modern office. The front desk staff had a few hiccups. One of the receptionists had a nervous laugh which always felt insensitive given the gravity of what we’re dealing with. There can be a lot of chatter and giggles at the front desk sometimes, which also feels inappropriate given their surroundings.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr Forman is very blunt. Not in a mean way, he certainly is very compassionate, but you can tell he is a man with an analytical mind. He never inflated probabilities and was always honest about what the chances for complication were. He is readily available by email and phone if needed. I always felt that we were dealing with a very smart man and that we were in good hands
Don’t expect a ton of attention with regards to the IUIs. Dr Forman even admitted to me that they don’t expect them to work (which I had always suspected, anyway.) however, with regards to IVF he takes it much more seriously
I never felt like a number with Dr Forman. At the beginning of your treatment he sits down with you and takes a long time to explain everything. You never get the sense that his mind is elsewhere. I will admit that during IUI cycles, we got a bit less of his attention. I think this is probably standard and I had to remind myself that while this is my entire world, he is dealing with many patients. Once we made the decision to start IVF I did feel we got a bit more attention from Dr Forman
I have unexplained infertility. The only hiccup in my bloodwork was borderline hypothyroid, so we started on Synthroid right away. For my first cycle we did clomid and an IUI. My uterine lining was thin as a side effect of the clomid so for the second cycle we switched to letrozole. After we decided to try IVF we did an SHG test. I had done an HSG 6 months prior, but he wanted to make sure everything looked normal before starting IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Like Dr Forman himself, Christine becomes a bit more available when you decide to do IVF. she is very sweet and compassionate, but can sometimes be hard to chase down
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The space is very beautiful and feels high end, which I appreciate since you really do spend so much time there. It’s nice that they have a clean and modern office. The front desk staff had a few hiccups. One of the receptionists had a nervous laugh which always felt insensitive given the gravity of what we’re dealing with. There can be a lot of chatter and giggles at the front desk sometimes, which also feels inappropriate given their surroundings. Sometimes I was told by the doctor or nurse that the front desk would have information that they didn’t and I felt like the front desk would rely on me to know what it was I needed to sign or pay for. I think the staff at the front could use a little extra sensitivity and professionalism training.
IUIs were $660 flat. We had no IVF coverage so it was about $14,000
Dr Forman doesn’t believe in transferring multiples in my age range. He says the risk of miscarriage and complication is higher and I believe him
Columbia University

I felt that Dr. Forman actually knew me as an individual. He remembered and acknowledged details about both my medical history and personal life. He took time to write me emails on his own time to check in with how I was feeling when my husband and I received negative news after a TESE procedure....I would say Dr. Forman leans more towards the blunt end of sharing clinical information and doesn’t shield his patients from any potential risks or poor outcomes that can be scary to hear. If it seems off-putting initially, just know he truly does care and made that known to me through his diligent follow up and never forgetting any details of my case.
The clinic [Columbia] is beautiful, newly renovated and clean. I usually did not have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. The workers at the front desk and friendly and happy to assist with any issues/concerns...They [nursing staff] were very compassionate and quick to share results. They also responded quickly to any questions/concerns sent via email... I do not have any insurance coverage but thus far am pleased with the lack of excess charges I’ve received. I think costs are consistent with the average and I’m still waiting for some bills to roll in. However they helped when they could and even waived one charge.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is not only kind and compassionate, but also extremely knowledgeable and does not leave any details to mystery. At times, his explanations felt verbose and overwhelming but I suppose that is a natural feeling in this situation. He is happy to answer any and all questions and will repeat information as much as you need him to. He is very easy to contact. He always let me know when he will be away and responds to emails within a few hours.
I completed one IUI cycle with Dr. Forman. I used Clomid followed by an Ovidrel injection prior to insemination. During this process I was frequently monitored by ultrasound to assess my eggs and blood hormone levels. This continued after a positive pregnancy result to monitor the embryo until I was discharged from his care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude Wilfred & Christine Helbo )
They were very compassionate and quick to share results. They also responded quickly to any questions/concerns sent via email.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is beautiful, newly renovated and clean. I usually did not have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. The workers at the front desk and friendly and happy to assist with any issues/concerns.
Unfortunately I do not have any insurance coverage but thus far am pleased with the lack of excess charges I’ve received. I think costs are consistent with the average and I’m still waiting for some bills to roll in. However they helped when they could and even waived one charge.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Forman absolutely takes the time to sit down with you hear your story and explain his hypothesis. Even before you start explaining, he shows he has studied your medical history thoroughly. When contacting him, he always know perfectly well who you and your partner are and is on top of thing 24-7.... He´s straightforward in a way in which you understand perfectly well what you are getting into and have realistic expectations of what´s to come. He explains every detail with patience and takes all the questions you want to ask.
Columbia University Fertility Center is absolutely great. The place itself is spacious, full of light, super clean. The staff have everything organized and coordinated perfectly. There can be days (Fridays) when it gets a bit crowded, but, in general, it´s rather calm and respect your times. I am very surprised with their punctuality and how well organized everything is.... The nursing team is great, they´re efficient, they make you feel safe and at ease.
European, Latino
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman takes time to evaluate and analyse each patient´s particular history and needs. He´s straightforward in a way in which you understand perfectly well what you are getting into and have realistic expectations of what´s to come. He explains every detail with patience and takes all the questions you want to ask. He´s very professional, serious, and gained our trust since day one.
Take advantage of the fact that he answers all his emails within an hour. Ask every doubt you have, he´ll be there.
We started out with a medium dose of Clomid, ater having tried Letrozole with my general Ob-Gyn before with no reaction at all. The response with Clomid was slow but there was a reaction and had my ovulation induced with Ovidrell and an IUI performed two days later. I am still waiting to know the results.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Until now, we have only spent about $2000 out of pocket, but our insurance is covering most of it, about 90% of it up until now.
We haven´t gotten to that on my case but he has pointed out that he prefers single ebryo tranfer to reduce risk of multiples.
Columbia University

Dr Forman was my 3rd fertility doctor after going to other IVF clinics in NYC. His level of personal attention and detail is amazing. He never rushes you and takes a lot of time to answer your questions. He really took a lot of time to understand why my IVF response was poor to make a customized plan for me ... Dr Forman took a lot of time to read through my reports and understand our case.
Overall, we had a great experience at Columbia. Strengths: you need to schedule your monitoring appointments, so I never waited too long for my ultrasound/ blood work, the front desk is very friendly and helpful and the clinic is very clean. Weaknesses: sometimes things can appear a bit disorganized here as they are so busy. They are also very simple and don't have any of the fluff like other clinics like bottled water, snacks, etc.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is truly amazing. I had previous IVF treatments at 2 different clinics across NYC and went to Dr Forman after being suggested to go for an egg donor with my previous clinic. Dr Forman took a lot of time to read through my reports and understand our case. During our 1st visit, he told us that we are too young and early in our journey to give up and can try different protocols. I went through 2 IVF cycles with Dr Forman and he changed the protocol during each cycle to try something new so that it could give me a fresh chance to get more embryos due to poor egg quality. Even when we were undergoing our transfer process, he insisted we try a natural cycle transfer protocol instead of doing the usual medicated ones to see if it helps increase our chances. Dr Forman's communication is immaculate! I never had to wait for more than an hour to get his response via email.
Listen carefully to what he says and trust his judgement and ability to try something new.
With my previous IVF cycle, I did not get any embryos due to poor egg quality. During our first IVF cycle, Dr Forman reduced the dose of Menopur for the first few days to help curb my estrogen levels since my eggs were maturing too early leading to poor egg quality. The cycle lasted a few more days but he wanted to ensure that the follicles were a good size and did not mature too early before retrieval. I was able to get 1 day 6 embryo from this cycle. With my 2nd IVF cycle, Dr Forman tried the long Lupron protocol to help improve egg quality. I was doing a micro dose of Lupron for about 2-3 weeks before starting actual IVF medication. This cycle gave us 2 embryos. We then did the ERA test since we had 2 failed transfer cycles with our very first IVF treatment at another clinic. Dr Forman wanted to make sure that we were transfering the embryo at the right time since some women have shifted windows of implantation. The test came back at the right window for previous transfers. Dr Forman then decided to do a natural cycle transfer for us to try something new and see if it works better with my body this time.
Christine was my nurse and care coordinator and she was great. She always followed up with my instructions on time and was very prompt with answering all my questions and putting in medication requests.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We went to Dr Forman after 2 IVF cycles at other clinics. So we had already met our deductible and out of pocket, so our insurance covered most of it. Some high level costs we paid for are: Medications - $900 Embryo freezing - $1200 Embryo thawing - $700 Monitoring - $250 (combining all co-pays) ERA test - $800 (not covered by insurance)
Dr Forman has a vert strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo if you are <35. I wanted to transfer all 3 embryos due to previous failed transfer but he strongly advocated for 1 embryo transfer since he thought it was very risky to transfer multiple ones.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman was a kind and gentle man who was incredibly well informed, well trained and handled all communications and procedures with great attention and care. From our initial meeting to our most recent, he has taken the time to review all our concerns, teach us the necessary science and let us work through the options. I feel we were in charge of the decision(s) we made and always felt I was informed.
Columbia Fertility is a wonderful practice. I felt like a dignified, respected patient. It wasn't like some clinics I have heard of where the lobby is always packed like some kind of baby-making factory. Everyone who works at the front desk is happy and helpful. The practice is clean/modern and well run.... Christine was a delight to work with. Very communicative throughout the process and kind during our many visits!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
IVF is always a choice. There is a huge amount of pressure, when seeing a fertility doctor, to get pregnant as soon as possible--but making each decision with your partner, without pressure from anyone else is very important.
Dr. Forman and his staff were very kind, informative, educated, clear and concise. They treated me just the way I treat others!
We elected not to move to IVF treatment just yet. My fiance has male factor infertility that could potentially be solved through surgery. As I am young and in good fertile health, we elected to wait to pursue IVF until after the surgery is complete and hopefully the sperm quality is much higher quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine and Gertrude)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Dr. Forman and his practice took our insurance. So the costs were not too bad for the variety of tests we needed. We didn't choose to pursue IVF just yet--so we weren't hit with the huge IVF+ bills.
Dr. Forman said he rarely transfers multiple embryos (only in extreme cases). At first I wasn't aware that single embryo transfer was preferred due to the increased risk to mother and child--but after learning a great amount during the course of our journey, I would not see a doctor who regularly practiced multiple embryo transfer.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman provided us with such individualized care! He has a great memory and remembers everything detail of your treatment. Whenever I had a question or concern, he would email me back usually within half an hour. Truly amazing for such a busy doctor!!...He is so calm and kind and was always honest with us but at the same time always gave us hope! He is very knowledgeable. We went to him after 3 chemical pregnancies. Dr. Forman suggested we try a “natural” transfer cycle, as my cycles are regular - and it worked!! No other doctor had ever suggested this. He is always available for questions and concerns and really treats you like a human being.
I would always be a nervous wreck at work waiting for my BHCG blood results but they [nurses at Columbia University] always emailed me back so quickly so I wouldn’t have to be nervous all day!...Clinic is brand new. Beautiful and very calm atmosphere. Lots of light and neutral colors. The exam rooms are clean and they give you actual cotton sheets to cover yourself with - not those paper ones. The receptionists and blood technicians were always friendly and lovely as well!...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is a genius! He is so calm and kind and was always honest with us but at the same time always gave us hope! He is very knowledgeable. We went to him after 3 chemical pregnancies. Dr. Forman suggested we try a “natural” transfer cycle, as my cycles are regular - and it worked!! No other doctor had ever suggested this. He is always available for questions and concerns and really treats you like a human being.
You will be in very good hands!
We did a supplemented natural frozen embryo transfer. Lining thickened on its own (without estrogen pills), triggered ovulation with Ovidrel and took progesterone suppositories 3x a day after that.
Our nurses Christine Helbo and Melissa Podolak were also amazing. I would always be a nervous wreck at work waiting for my BHCG blood results but they always emailed me back so quickly so I wouldn’t have to be nervous all day!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Visits covered by insurance (only kid copay) Out of pocket pay for transfer -about 2,600.
Dr. Forman supported either decision of 1 vs. 2 embryos as our embryos were untested - but my husband and I decided to transfer 1.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I did one IUI cycle with a double IUI (two IUIs performed 24 hours apart) with Letrozole and Progesterone suppositories. This was after having done 2 unsuccessful IUI cycles with Clomid. Dr. Forman said that he used Letrozole because it tends to work better with patients with endometriosis. I have not technically been diagnosed with endometriosis but its suspected because of a 3cm cyst on my right ovary that appears to be an endometrioma.
I loved every aspect of the Columbia Fertility clinic. It felt small and personalized without feeling overly exclusive or anything like that. I felt incredibly well taken care of at every step, like people recognized me and cared about ME specifically and were rooting for my success. Very very humanizing.... Christine was amazing! My interaction with her was primarily via email and she was incredibly responsive and helpful with all my questions.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is great, very measured and thoughtful. He's definitely reserved meaning he's cautious about being overly positive OR negative and really takes things one at a time. I wouldn't say that he and I are besties, but I did feel incredibly well taken care of at every step of the way and never EVER felt pressured to move forward faster than I was ready he for. Instead, my experience of Dr. Forman is that he's incredibly thorough and takes his time, meaning that he really considers the options, tries different things, and lets you decide what you're ready for.
Ask lots of questions! But also rest assured you're working with a great doctor. Oh and when they say you can email them they REALLY mean it, Dr. Forman and his nurse would get back to me SO fast even on weekends.
Dr. Forman and the whole Columbia Fertility center were SUCH a breath of fresh air. I had been going to RMA before where I very much felt like a number, not a human. At Columbia the office is small, the wait time is non-existent, and even though it can be busy it always felt, at every single step of the way, like every person cared about me and making sure that I was being taken care of in all ways, physically and emotionally. I really can't say enough good things. It was SUCH a good, relaxing, reassuring experience going there.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
$300 or so in insurance co-pays, VERY reasonably priced.
Columbia University

Dr Forman was amazing, he was realistic about the chances of conception through each step but also encouraging and supportive which kept us going during 2 rounds of IUI with negative pregnancy tests at the end of each. He thoroughly explained all the options and steps of all procedures. He made himself available by email which for me was my preferred method of communication and he responded extremely quickly to any questions I had. The egg retrieval and transfer went as smoothly as you could hope for, I couldn’t recommend him more.
Communication with the financial team [at Columbia University] has been challenging, it’s frequently hard to get a response even with follow up and we’ve had several issues with invoices. No issues with scheduling or any other administration...The nurses were great, I was always seen quickly...IUI was $700 flat and monitoring appointments were able to be billed through my insurance. We received a NY IVF grant, we paid $7000 up front and the balance of the monitoring appointments not covered were billed through my insurance.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Don’t hesitate, we are in love with our beautiful baby girl who wouldn’t be here without Dr Forman.
Dr Forman made sure we understood everything that was happening, he thoroughly explained all the procedure steps and he was directly available by email and phone for any questions I had during treatment. During transfer he made sure I had copies of the implantation scan and even gave me the egg dish to take home which I really appreciated, it made it feel less clinical.
My husband and I both went for fertility testing including blood tests, semen analysis and an HSG. We were diagnosed with male infertility but it was determined that IUI could still be successful. We had 2 rounds of IUI that resulted in 2 negative pregnancy tests. Following this we had 1 round of IVF with 3 day transfer which resulted in our baby girl. Dr Forman also referred my husband to a urologist who specializes in male fertility.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
The nurses were great, I was always seen quickly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Communication with the financial team has been challenging, it’s frequently hard to get a response even with follow up and we’ve had several issues with invoices. No issues with scheduling or any other administration.
My insurance provided no coverage for fertility treatments.IUI was $700 flat and monitoring appointments were able to be billed through my insurance. We received a NY IVF grant, we paid $7000 up front and the balance of the monitoring appointments not covered were billed through my insurance.
The determination to do eSet vs multiple was made based on my age, we also only had 1 viable embryo following the retrieval.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman recommended and performed a single embryo transfer, but was open to transferring two embryos had we chosen not to do PGS...was always very attentive and empathetic, and addressed all our concerns. He always responded very quickly to our emails, and called us in person whenever there were important test results... He explained every step of the way including potential setbacks and risks as well as current research findings. Any question we had along the way he addressed right away by email. For the egg retrieval Dr. Forman came in to the office to perform the procedure himself, even though it was his day off.
We had 3 IUI cycles (1 single, 2 double) that were unsuccessful [at Columbia University]. IVF worked on the first try. We had a single frozen embryo transfer after ICSI and PGS...We were not happy with the nurse that was assigned to us during the first treatment cycle, but all the nurses we worked with later on were wonderful...Office staff misplaced consent forms twice and asked us to come in again to fill them out.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman was always very professional, while still showing compassion. He explained every step of the way including potential setbacks and risks as well as current research findings. Any question we had along the way he addressed right away by email. For the egg retrieval Dr. Forman came in to the office to perform the procedure himself, even though it was his day off.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Trust Dr. Forman's advice.
Dr. Forman was always very attentive and empathetic, and addressed all our concerns. He always responded very quickly to our emails, and called us in person whenever there were important test results.
We had 3 IUI cycles (1 single, 2 double) that were unsuccessful. IVF worked on the first try. We had a single frozen embryo transfer after ICSI and PGS.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Overall, staff at the clinic was friendly and created a welcoming atmosphere. The facility itself is modern and clean. The only problem we had was with the financial coordinator (T), who didn't follow through with what we had agreed on, and stopped answering her phone and emails. At some point we requested a different coordinator, and the issues were resolved.
Roughly $15,000 for 3 IUIs, and $25,000 for IVF.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman had carefully read our medical history before meeting with us....During the consultation, he took the time to listen to us, review any medical data we had brought with us, and explain various details of the anticipated procedures to us, weighing different options and providing a clear treatment plan tailored to our specific situation. ...he was eager to hear our story, and provided us with ample opportunities to ask any questions we might have. He also gave us his e-mail address and answered any e-mail within 24 hours.
The clinic actively takes part in research performed at Columbia University, which means that it remains at the forefront of the field. Treatments provided are state-of-the-art. Besides the expertise, sensitivity and kindness of the staff, the clinic facilities provide a welcoming surrounding...The care coordinator called a week before our first appointment to make sure that we submit our new patient questionnaire ahead of time, so that Dr. Forman would have the time to review our case before meeting with us. The nurse, Christine, was very helpful, providing us with a checklist of additional diagnostic tests required and talking us through the advantages and disadvantages of genetic testing. The nurse who took our blood was very diligent, competent, and friendly.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
When we left Dr. Forman's office, both my husband and I felt imbued with confidence that we were in good hands. He had taken the time to carefully review our medical history and data, and explained to us potential treatment paths with their advantages and disadvantages, concluding with the best option for our situation. All the while he was eager to hear our story, and provided us with ample opportunities to ask any questions we might have. He also gave us his e-mail address and answered any e-mail within 24 hours.
Dr. Forman had carefully read our medical history before meeting with us. On our first visit, a doctor in training attended our consultation, but before leading us into the room, Dr. Forman asked us in a sensitive manner whether this would be ok with us. It was clear that we had the choice to say no and that this would be accepted and respected. During the consultation, he took the time to listen to us, review any medical data we had brought with us, and explain various details of the anticipated procedures to us, weighing different options and providing a clear treatment plan tailored to our specific situation. He directly organized for us to meet with different members on his team to address various aspects of the treatment, and take blood samples for additional diagnostics. Everyone on his team was completely focused on us and our needs, and acted in a calm and efficient, yet supportive manner.
We are at the very beginning of treatment. Since my husband has azoospermia due to blockage, the anticipated treatment would require sperm extraction, egg extraction, ICSI, and finally IVF. Dr. Forman suggested not to perform both the sperm and egg extractions on the same day, in order to prevent me from having to undergo invasive treatment should the sperm extraction not yield the desired results. Dr. Forman also suggested some strategies to save both time and money, which was very much appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Dr. Forman suggested implanting a single embryo only, as he was confident that given my values this should not be a problem. He said that if we were to perform genetic testing on the embryo pre-implantation, this would allow us to determine whether any of the generated embryos might not be good for implantation, thus raising the chances to obtain a successful pregnancy after implanting just one embryo.