Medical SchoolSUNY Downstate
ResidencyDuke
FellowshipRWJ Rutgers
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Eric Forman to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 62Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 19.7
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 19Neutral: 4Don't recommend: 255.5
Dr Forman made the difference for us between continuing our fertility journey or giving up. We went to a differ clinic for 5 procedures with no luck, and reached out to Dr Forman for a second opinion- BEST decision we ever made!...Throughout our time at RMA, I emailed Dr Forman quite a bit, and he always got back to me literally within hours- even on the smallest detail. This was going above and beyond. He, not just our nurse, made sure we understood everything from start to finish. And he did it all with humility and care.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr Forman made the difference for us between continuing our fertility journey or giving up. We went to a differ clinic for 5 procedures with no luck, and reached out to Dr Forman for a second opinion- BEST decision we ever made! Not only does he have the exceptional knowledge and skill this job requires (leaps and bounds above our last clinic), but he has the compassion and humility to make each experience a positive one! I cannot speak highly enough of this doctor! And we were nervous, to say the least, at first because of our 5 failed attempts. But I know after one consult with Dr Forman, we had to move to him. And it paid off ten fold! Best fertility doctor!
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
He's very smart and soft spoken. Ask him any question you wish- he will answer all of them!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr Forman and his entire staff always treated us like humans- every step along the every way, every single detail was explained to us. Dr Forman went above and beyond. From our very first consult, he gave us his business card and told us not to hesitate to reach out via email or phone. Throughout our time at RMA, I emailed Dr Forman quite a bit, and he always got back to me literally within hours- even on the smallest detail. This was going above and beyond. He, not just our nurse, made sure we understood everything from start to finish. And he did it all with humility and care. Huge difference from our prior clinic- and I believe it is all because of Dr Forman- he not only has the skill, but he has the compassion...and during a process like IVF, that can be so stressful for the patient, he made all the difference!
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles and their degree of success.
It was our 4th retrieval, only 1st with Dr Forman so he thoroughly reviewed all of our info from our prior clinic and adjusted a couple things: Birth control to start Estradiol Menopur and follistim Progesterone injections
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Jackie was always on top of it. Returned our calls relatively quickly. Only fall back was she was out of the office quite a bit during our cycle, but there was always another nurse available who got back to me almost immediately if I needed anything:).
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Clinic weaknesses- feels like a factory because it is so busy. Strengths- they know what they are doing and every single person on the staff is engaged- polite, caring and on top of it!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Amazing staff- efficient and always friendly!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
It was quite expensive, but worth very penny. We had 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs before this clinic. The prices at the other clinic were much cheaper, BUT with all the failed attempts, we ended up spending a lot more. So RMA was worth every penny because we got pregnant! Around $18k for one frozen cycle not including meds
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman was a great doctor. My husband and I felt very comfortable with him, and trusted his advice along the way. Dr. Forman was very good in covering all the positive outcomes of each step, as well as preparing us for all the negative outcomes that could also happen. We appreciated his honest, professional advice and preparation. If I ever had a question for Dr. Forman, he would always respond quickly and with all the information I would need. Especially when I was nervous to start my injectable medication, and nervous I was going to do it wrong, Dr. Forman was quick to respond to my email and answer every question I had. Dr. Forman was compassionate throughout every step we had to take, and would follow up with every procedure. The roughest call that my husband and I had was when Dr. Forman called to tell us that only one of our eggs made it to the embryo stage (obviously, we were hopeful for more embryos to freeze for future use). But he was very compassionate and sympathetic on the phone, and fully described our next plan of action. In the end, the one egg was all we needed, and I am 15 weeks pregnant today! We will absolutely use Dr. Forman again for our future needs!
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Trust the doctors, my husband and I did, and we were very happy with the whole process and the end result. And just remember that every patient has a different infertility experience!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman was very easy to talk to throughout our entire process. He was efficient and gave us all the possible outcomes that could happen regarding each step we took. He also was quick to followup with procedures to see how we were feeling.
I put a lot of trust in Dr. Forman and his trusted his professional knowledge as to which medications I should be on. He never put me on more medication that I needed, and would advise me when to stop taking certain medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Joyce was our nurse and called me with all my follow up information. She was also very helpful with any questions that we had, and was always quick to respond to messages.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They have their process down pat, and yes, you do feel like cattle some days. But everyone is very nice and they try to get you in and out of the doctor's office as fast as possible for you (especially regarding morning monitoring). Even though you do not see your specific doctor every morning (during morning monitoring) each doctor was very nice and was able to answer any questions that we had.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
They start morning monitoring early in the morning (5:30!) to make it convenient for the patients. I appreciated that we were able to go in early every morning and it would not affect our work schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Unfortunately, our insurance did not cover much of our care, but we were aware of typically how much we were going to spend at RMA.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is an unassuming man who is soft spoken, patient, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. As a patient, I felt respected and safe under his care. He explained medical procedures slowly and took my concerns seriously. He always returned my calls/emails promptly and made me feel like a priority patient.
Trust him! :-)
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Despite his extremely demanding schedule, Dr. Forman went above and beyond in making me and my husband feel like he cared about our needs and concerns. He was always honest and upfront about complications and/or issues that could arise. Dr. Forman consistently answered our questions promptly and with the utmost patience. He always explained procedures and results in a way that allowed us to have a good understanding. We felt safe and confident under Dr. Forman's care and would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a reproductive endocrinologist.
I remember not responding well to one of the medications that was used to help the embryo implant. For the next cycle, he agreed that I should try it naturally (without medication). That cycle proved to be the successful one. Dr. Forman encouraged me to do a saline sonogram before proceeding with the cycle to make sure my tubes were clear. Unfortunately I have little recollection of details but every treatment strategy and protocol seemed to make perfect sense.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Carolyn was fabulous. Very attentive and kind. She was consistent and always communicated important issues. She welcomed calls/questions and responded promptly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA Basking Ridge is awesome. Big, clean, and beautiful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
I was able to go to different clinics and mostly chose the one closer to my house so that made it very convenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I blocked it out :-) but it was in the average range for fertility care 15-20K.
4 IUI, 4 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
In our first meeting, Dr. Forman was well versed in our fertility treatment to date which was quite complex and included to other clinics. He was calm and direct, giving us his insight and opinion when asked. We saw Dr. Forman about three times but we were in touch regularly by email and phone. I have never experienced such prompt returns of emails from any doctor. We had follow up phone appointments when needed and Dr. Forman called during the cycle to give me updates on how things were progressing. I truly felt he was invested in us and our quest to have a child. It is a stressful time and he made it so much better...
4 IUI, 4 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is truly and amazing, caring, excellent doctor. In our first meeting, Dr. Forman was well versed in our fertility treatment to date which was quite complex and included to other clinics. He was calm and direct, giving us his insight and opinion when asked. We saw Dr. Forman about three times but we were in touch regularly by email and phone. I have never experienced such prompt returns of emails from any doctor. We had follow up phone appointments when needed and Dr. Forman called during the cycle to give me updates on how things were progressing. I truly felt he was invested in us and our quest to have a child. It is a stressful time and he made it so much better. I was sad to leave him and RMANJ when we were told that all looked good at 10 weeks when we moved to an ob/gyn. We are still in touch as I have made it a priority to give him updates on how our pregnancy is progressing. I also know I can go to him with any questions or concerns I might have.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Be sure to ask all of the questions you feel necessary. He will answer them fully and explain what you do not understand
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
From the first phone call to Dr. Forman's office I was treated with the utmost respect. I was called or emailed back almost immediately (and I mean Dr. Forman will answer emails within minutes of my sending them). I was always able to speak with my nurse or another nurse on call the same day I called and left a message. Amazing service
We did a frozen embryo cycle from a donor cycle, so I was on whatever protocol that would be. I first did a prep cycle to make sure my lining reached the requisite thickness before anything even began. I am also on levothyroxine, a thyroid medicine, as my TSH level was a bit elevated. This is a protocol I will continue to the end of the pregnancy. I believe I was on estrace before and then after the transfer. After the transfer I was on injectable progesterone until many weeks in to the pregnancy but stopped before moving to the ob/gyn.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Carolyn Collins is amazing. She helped me so much through the process both with explaining medical aspects as well as with amazing compassion, grace and humor. I spoke with her often and just like Dr. Forman, Ms. Collins was truly invested in making our experience as comfortable as possible as well as making our goal of having a child a priority. As I was monitoring in Brooklyn, I did not actually meet Ms. Collins until the week before our transfer. I decided that had to meet her, so we went out of our way and headed to Basking Ridge. We were thrilled to meet one another. I felt like I was finally meeting a close friend. I am still in touch with Ms. Collins as I update them on the progress of my pregnancy. It is like sharing news with a family member.
None, Other
None, Other
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr.Forman provided us with results every time. I've been to other clinics in NY, NJ and across the world and there is no comparison. Dr. Forman always greeted us with a smile and always laid out the facts and clearly communicated the details. He always presented us with options and allowed us to choose. I'm extremely lucky to have worked with Dr. Forman. I recommend him to everyone I meet. He was very attentive to our needs through out the process. Dr. Forman made us feel like we were important to him and he cared about our success. He didn't make use feel like a text book case but rather catered to our specific needs.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
He knows what he is doing.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman was very through with details and always responsive with our questions. We never felt rushed. He cared about our success.
I don't recall all of the protocol details. What I do remember is even if he was out he would still review my test results and recommend any changes if needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
The RMA staff in general are phenomenal. Always pleasant and compassionate. Always called me back with results on a timely fashion. Always felt like I was in good hands even when primary nurse was out of the office. The best thing that worked for me is the ability to reach the nurse via email when needed.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is the best place I've been to. I've been to many clinics in the U.S. and overseas. There is no place like RMA. Out of all the places I went to I only saw results at RMA. The staff is extremely friendly and the doctors are very knowledgeable. Always felt like I was in good hands. I love the RMA atmosphere. It is very important to feel comfortable in the office and the exam room while you are going thru the process and RMA definitely made me feel comfortable and important
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
You do not wait long at RMA. "Monitoring" is organized and goes quick. I've been to other places where we ended up waiting for hours for monitoring. Not at RMA. RMA knows what they are doing. I feel like they have researched and know how to do things best.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Costs are reasonable for the service and atmosphere they provide.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I really couldn't have asked for a better doctor than Dr. Forman. He was the first doctor to provide me with a solution to the issues I was facing when I first became a patient of his. He was extremely dedicated to my health and well being before even starting an IVF cycle. Once I did begin the IVF cycle Dr. Forman was always available to answer my questions and would provide a response to any E-mails within minutes (even during the start of his holiday once!)
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
When I first became a patient of Dr. Forman, I had already seen several other doctors who did not provide me with any solutions to the unique situation I was in. Dr. Forman took the time to understand exactly what I had been going through and was the first doctor to offer me a solution. I had to undergo several procedures and each time Dr. Forman or other RMA doctors were extremely friendly and caring. Following my procedures I always received a call from my nurse who was checking in to see how I was feeling. Throughout my IVF cycle Dr. Forman was very helpful and would answer any E-mails I sent at any time of day. This truly showed me how dedicated he was to his patients. My nurse was also very dedicated during the cycle, always making sure I was clear on next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
I had two nurses during the two and a half years that I was a patient at RMA. Both nurses were extremely nice and always called after the several procedure that I had to see how I was feeling. Once starting the IVF cycle, my nurse was extremely helpful and clearly communicated instructions to be taken. I had many questions during the cycle and would E-mail my nurse frequently. Like Dr. Forman she would respond to all my E-mails before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is extremely busy during monitoring hours but they do a great job handling all of the appointments. Everyone is very friendly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring hours are very busy especially during weekends but RMA does a great job at handling all appointments. The monitoring hours at the Morristown office were even extended by one hour to accommodate availability as patients are trying to get to work afterwards. This is another way that RMA shows how dedicated they are to their patients.
Morristown
Dr. Forman does a great job keeping in touch with his patients and he made sure our individual questions and concerns were always addressed quickly... I could tell he was very knowledgeable in a variety of fertility treatments and he laid out potential options for us. Once we finally got going on cycles, he made himself available for questions and concerns along the way. The biggest thing I appreciate about him is his response time. If I emailed him at night or on the weekends, he usually responded within 15 minutes, which was unexpected but very appreciated. After getting to know him, I felt like I was in great hands and that he had our best interests at heart...
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
When we first met with Dr. Forman, I could tell he was very knowledgeable in a variety of fertility treatments and he laid out potential options for us. Once we finally got going on cycles, he made himself available for questions and concerns along the way. The biggest thing I appreciate about him is his response time. If I emailed him at night or on the weekends, he usually responded within 15 minutes, which was unexpected but very appreciated. After getting to know him, I felt like I was in great hands and that he had our best interests at heart.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and get any clarifications you want. He is good at explaining things and making sure your concerns are addressed. Although the nurse is the first stop for questions, Dr. Forman was always patient when we asked him questions directly.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
We ended up having success with our first IVF cycle (after IUIs). With my anovulation, I took menopur to help follicle(s) grow. Then I'd use an HCG trigger shot (the brand varied) to trigger ovulation. I then used endometrin progesterone tablets until I was about 10 weeks pregnant. If I remember right, that's all I took during the cycles. In all but one cycle, the menopur worked to grow follicle(s).
Describe your experience with your nurse.
I had some trouble with the nurse I was assigned to. I think she was pretty new but I received some misinformation from her and there were a couple of times when medication wasn't called into the pharmacy for me which was very frustrating since everything is so time sensitive. However, I'm not sure if this was her fault because I think someone else does the actual calling for prescriptions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The morning monitoring is definitely the biggest weakness. Even though they have a good method for people to get blood drawn and be seen by the doctor, there were many, many mornings I would be at the clinic for 1-2 hours. They did extend their morning hours by a half hour when I was doing treatment which did help a little bit. Some mornings I would get there and there would be maybe 8 people and then the next morning at the same time there would be 25 - it was hard to plan for how long I'd be there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I don't remember exactly, but I had a $30 copay for each time I went in for morning monitoring (which ended up being anywhere from 1-6 times each week). My insurance paid for a lot of the IVF cycle but we paid about $3,000 for PGD and misc expenses.
Morristown
Dr. Forman was extremely informative and went over all possible treatment options. He made the process as easy as possible and followed up with us frequently. I was comforted in knowing that he is extremely knowledgeable in what he does and I put all my trust in him to help me. I couldn't be happier with my experience...If things get delayed for one reason or the other, there is a good reason for it and let Dr. Forman help you make educated decisions.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman was extremely informative and went over all possible treatment options. He made the process as easy as possible and followed up with us frequently. I was comforted in knowing that he is extremely knowledgeable in what he does and I put all my trust in him to help me. I couldn't be happier with my experience. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
It is important to have patience with the whole process. If things get delayed for one reason or the other, there is a good reason for it and let Dr. Forman help you make educated decisions.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman reached out numerous times throughout the cycle to make sure that I was ok and if I had any questions. He answered all my questions and checked up on me frequently.
I started 1 menopur and 200 Gonal -F on February 1, 2016 for 3 days. It increased to 2 menopur and 225 Follism for 6 days. 2 days before egg retrieval, I used 555iu Pregnyl and 40 iu Leuprolide. Egg retrieval was on February 12, 2016., with 15 eggs retrieved. 14 eggs were mature and 6 embryos survived to day 5. Embryos were tested and ended up with 5 frozen embryos. On March 22, 2016, I started medrol, doxycycline, and progesterone shots. One embryo was transferred March 27th, 2016. Positive pregnancy test on April 5, 2016. Last day of progesterone shots was May 4, 2016 and endometrin gel was used for 14 days. Currently 15 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Communication was mostly through voicemail She was always quick to return any phone calls. She always left detailed messages of treatments and blood work/ultrasound appointments.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is extremely organized. Sometimes I had to go to Basking Ridge and Morristown, each facility was well maintained and the staff were extremely friendly at both places.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Ultrasound and blood work appointments were handled efficiently. I was there no longer than 30 minutes for both ultrasounds and blood work and sometimes it was less than 10 minutes for blood work. I never felt like I was just a number, but rather I felt like a patient and everyone during the early morning monitoring hours were polite and friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Insurance covered up to $10,000. I paid out of pocket, approximately $940 for egg retrieval, $4,300 for PGD testing, and $3,875 for FET.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I really liked that he [Dr. Forman] took his time to explain the IVF process and answered our questions when we first met him and didn't rush us. He took the time at nights and weekends to email us updates on our embryos. When we had a question he always is available to respond to any questions we had too...He is a very intelligent man who put's his patients best interest first. He advices patients on the best protocol to use, while at the same time taking into consideration if they have ideas. His quick responses to email questions made this process so great knowing that if I ever needed to reach him he was always available...
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
I was extremely happy with my experience at RMA having Dr. Forman as my doctor. He is a very intelligent man who put's his patients best interest first. He advices patients on the best protocol to use, while at the same time taking into consideration if they have ideas. His quick responses to email questions made this process so great knowing that if I ever needed to reach him he was always available. Because of Dr. Forman, my dreams of becoming pregnant came true and we still have 8 more tested embryos stored for the future. I could not of asked for a better experience.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you unsure of anything, reach out and Dr. Forman will be glad to explain the process with you.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr Forman took person care of me. I really liked that he took his time to explain the IVF process and answered our questions when we first met him and didn't rush us. He took the time at nights and weekends to email us updates on our embryos. When we had a question he always is available to respond to any questions we had too.
150 units of Gonal F, 300 units of menopur and then added ganarelix in on day 5. Stimmed for 8 days and was able to retrieve 19 eggs!
Describe your experience with your nurse.
My nurse was nice. She always remembered to call and give me clear instructions on medications or what my hormone levels were.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I loved RMA. Even though they are a big practice, they still treat everyone with the care that patients want. You feels so welcomed when you walk into any office and the staff smiles at you and is very friendly. Going to monitoring often you get to know the staff and build relationships and it makes it enjoyable to wake up early to go there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Morning monitoring always ran smoothly. Sometimes I may of waiting up to 45 minutes due to a lot of people, but most of the time I was in and out in under 30 mins. The process of getting called for blood work and then for an ultra sound worked very well. The staff was always very friendly too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
We were lucky to have insurance cover majority of the costs. We only had to pay a small co pay for each medication, PGD testing and the costs to freeze and store extra embryos.
Morristown
Dr. Forman showed incredible patience with the millions of questions we had every step of the way. We never felt rushed, and he always left us feeling very comfortable to ask more questions. He was extremely responsive and always reachable, which was something we especially valued to a great degree... He performed my egg retrieval at RMA and 2nd transfer, and I truly trusted his judgement, skill, and care. He is unforgettable and unbeatable...
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman was unlike any doctor I have ever seen in that he was extremely accessible and responsive. One thing that really stood out to me was when we had requested an update about our Day 3 embryos (we were waiting to have CCS done on Day 6 and wanted an update to see how many were still alive), the nurse who was supposed to call us was out that day unexpectedly, and so Dr. Forman emailed me personally that evening to give me an update on the embryos. That spoke volumes to me, and we were so very grateful considering we had just come out of an unsuccessful IVF cycle from a different clinic and our anxieties were extremely high. That showed me that he truly cared about our wellbeing and emotional state. In addition to answering the millions of questions we had every step of the way with such patience, Dr. Forman also provided information and options in detail so that we truly understood what to expect and what comes next. He was always realistic, but also optimistic, which helped a lot. I felt I was in great hands with Dr. Forman. He performed my egg retrieval at RMA and 2nd transfer, and I truly trusted his judgement, skill, and care. He is unforgettable and unbeatable.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I came to Dr. Forman from a different fertility clinic where I had one egg retrieval, which led to OHSS, and zero eggs to transfer. Due to the OHSS resulting from the egg retrieval at the other center, Dr. Forman modified the stim meds and protocol (using less hCG for the trigger), which resulted in a successful egg retrieval (performed by him) and absolutely no OHSS - it was night and day, the differences between the two retrievals. We had 3 CCS-tested normal embryos and we were thrilled. We transferred one of those embryos, but because of scheduling issues on our part, Dr. Forman did not perform that frozen embryo transfer. That embryo did not lead to a pregnancy, and we were getting very nervous about our future even though it's normal for an embryo not to implant. Dr. Forman spoke to us on the phone for a good 30 minutes and discussed our options and what could be done differently to try to improve our chances for the 2nd embryo. He suggested I get a hysteroscopy and D&C to make sure my uterine lining is healthy. They found that there was mild inflammation, and so an antibiotic was prescribed for 10 days to clear it. Dr. Forman also suggested that he perform the transfer this time because he is familiar with the structure of my uterus, which is definitely tilted. When it came time for the 2nd frozen embryo transfer, Dr. Forman was there and walked us through everything. He explained what was being done the entire time, and although it was a bit challenging due to the bend in my uterus, he successfully transferred the embryo, and now I am 10 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Joyce was fantastic in every way. She was thorough in her instructions and information, caring and supportive during this anxiety-ridden time, and always responded to my messages in a very timely fashion. She helped us greatly navigate some issues we had with scheduling and we always felt that she was working with us to help make this as stress-free as possible.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths - nice facility and very clean. Staff was always so friendly and helpful. I have been to 3 of their locations, and they were very nice and organized. Always open and available in some capacity at any time. Central computer system makes it easy with multiple offices. I always appreciated the "no kids" policy. They acknowledge it's a very sensitive topic for people struggling with infertility, and that really stood out to us. The offices ran like a well-oiled machine - everyone knew what they were doing and everything was seamless. I never felt like a number even though at times, morning monitoring could get busy. Weaknesses - just wish morning monitoring hours went a tad later (30 minutes later) to fit better with my work schedule.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
As I mentioned in a previous answer, RMA ran like a well-oiled machine. At times, it could be crowded and busy, but never unbearable. Some days they took me right away, other days, I might have to wait 20 minutes at most - it really varied. On average, I'd say I would wait 10 minutes to be taken back for blood work. The staff was always so friendly and helpful. Despite the stressful nature of everyone's reason to be there in the first place, it was a very stress-free place. My only small complaint was that I wished the weekday monitoring hours went 30 minutes later so it fit with my work schedule a little better.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Everything was in-network with my insurance plan, so I just had to pay co-pays for a couple non-monitoring/cycle-related appointments. Additional costs that were optional and not covered by insurance were for CCS, cryopreservation, and biopsy of the day-6 embryos for $4,000; an extra sperm sample that had to be frozen for about $300 I think; and we spent $200 twice for laser acupuncture on the days of my 2 transfers. Since we had already done genetic testing and counseling at the previous clinic, we were able to bypass that at RMA, so I'm not sure if there would've been a cost associated with that.
2013 - 2016
He [Dr Eric Forman] never gave up on us. Other Doctors I'm sure would have taken us through the path of egg donor but he persisted and we tried many times until now I'm very happy pregnant 12 weeks with my own eggs and my husband sperm. He recommended all sorts of testing but always presenting us with very good science based rationale, which I loved because I never felt he was just trying any random thing. He really spent the time to think thoroughly the best course of treatment, sharing with me literature to understand better his recommendations. I absolutely loved his appproach and really think all his patients are very lu
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
As per sharef before, I thin the most valuable attribute Dr Forma. Has is his ability to analyze the set backs we had and be able to recommend the best treatment based on science. I really loved this approach as my husband and I like data based decisions and Dr Forman was always very transparent about the options he put in front of us. For example, today I'm pregnant because he recommended this study from a clinic in Spain where they seem to have really solved the endometrian factor..to me it definitely makes sense that not every woman is the same and he recommended a test to determine how receptive and when my uterine linen would be more likely to have an embryo implanted..he recommended this after 2 failed transfers with normal PGD tested embryos, which was very disappointing. Again he recommended and gave us the resources of articles and data to make our decision..I'm really glad ge offered it. My experience with him was beyond positive! I absolutely trusted his judgement and recommendations as I always felt he was not just trying random, but really taking the time to think about us as individuals and not just a number or statistic, if he had he probably would have told us to just try egg donor, but he knew we didn't want that. I have a hard time finding a weaknes in Dr Forman. He really is a very special Doctor and not only because my positive experience with him but also because I know all the other RMA based nurses and personel that I ineracted with RMA would always had a nice thing to say about him. He is just a caring person.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
I woukd tell then to be prepared to ask questions. DR Forman is very smart and would most of the time have a very rational answer. He does a very good job explaining difficult medical terminology.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
We were blessed to have Dr Forman as our Doctor. We went through very difficult times and he was always very optimistic while at the same time staying true to science based data to help us make decisions on his recommended treatment solutions. He was very kind and responsive to all the 100 questions or more that I would have. He really made the process much more bearable. I have been always impressed with how much he cared for me..he woukd always be alert to any emails I would have with questions. He never gave up on us. Other Doctors I'm sure would have taken us through the path of egg donor but he persisted and we tried many times until now I'm very happy pregnant 12 weeks with my own eggs and my husband sperm. He recommended all sorts of testing but always presenting us with very good science based rationale, which I loved because I never felt he was just trying any random thing. He really spent the time to think thoroughly the best course of treatment, sharing with me literature to understand better his recommendations. I absolutely loved his appproach and really think all his patients are very lucky to have him as their Doctor. Even in the moments when we were close to give up, he gave us hope and helped us through the very painful and emotional process. We still have a long way to go to have a baby in our arms but I know now that Dr Forman was able to figure out what worked for us. We will for ever be grateful to him!!! I feel I'm out of words to thank him..he shoumd feel very proud and happy to know he made our lives happier!!!
The first one was a natural cycle.he mentioned I could participate in the study. After 2 failed egg retriveal cycles where I got no good embryos he mentioned that it is believed that naturally some woman can produce perfectly normal embryos. We tried and we obtained 1 perfect normal embryo (PGD normal) After 2 failed transfers of PGD normal embryos he suggested again to do a ERA a test that determines the receptivity of uterine linen. He shared the research from the clinic insm Spain and also explained very well how it woukd work and was also very transparent of the potentisl results and how it's not normal practice and RMA so it was purely experimental, but his rationale, which I share and agree is that I would not be loosing anything, besides just the money for the test, which we were willing to pay after evrything we had been through. And the results were absolutely amazing as thanks to that I'm today 12 wks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Christine was absolutely adorable! Always very responsive and attend to my questions. Very good at following up with my Doctor on all my needs. She would always explain very well all the things I needed to know about medicationa or tests and schedule.. very nice approach and mellow personality.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
While I have to say overall my experience with this clunic was positive, I cant miss to point out a big issue: the financial team..I'm sorry but very mediocre. I had 3 different financial coordinators of which only 1 was excelent and she left RMA, which I almost cried when I found out. The the other one I got was pretty much useless. They really need to work on this area. The financial burden adds a lot of stress to the process and I dont think they have the most qualified financial profesionals, neither they are very caring for the patients. Again I only had one that seemed to care for me. I had one that actually kind of insulted me once. Other than that, complementary care is great! I have been doing acupuncture witb Marc Passman and he is absolutely adorable and knowledgeable about all fertility topics so he has made the process really greay for me. I really appreciat his care also!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Very positive all the time. No issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Honestly...would have to look at all my 100 pages of receipts for OOO expenses. Overal i was lucky to be covered by insurance but after trying for so many years I exhauste it and also we did PGD testing which is very expensive. In total I'm about not at a total of aprox $40,000. A LOT!!
Morristown
Dr. Forman and his staff were always available, day or night to answer any of my questions or concerns...Dr. Forman is a young, knowledgeable and passionate physician. Your goal of parenthood will instantly become his. He does not sugarcoat issues or gloss over topics. If you have 400 questions, he will answer all of them. He is direct and matter of fact. Not everyone will appreciate his demeanor but I did...
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Be patient, optimistic and trust what he is offering/doing.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. FOrman and his staff were always available, day or night to answer any of my questions or concerns.
I feel that the protocol used was a standard protocol for someone whose already been pregnant naturally in my age group. Evaluation of both myself and husband. Diagnosis and treatment of potential infertility causes. Egg retrevial, icsi, culture to day 5, day 5 pgd testing, freezing ofpotential embryos and waiting for results. I am no expert but I believe this is typical.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Danielle was great for the most part. She could take a little more time with medication explanations while over the phone or send extremely detailed emails to ensure that everything is explained and understood to a patient going through this forthe first time. She did not explain the importance of genetic counseling as that created an unnecessary waiting period in an already long process.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I really had a wonderful experience. I do believe however the importance of simple acts since as smiling when a patient is being greeted by any staff memeber. Some of the front office and back office staff I encountered for morning monitoring was just plain terrible. I have been working in the medical field for 16 years and I've always smiled and greeted my patients as if they were the biggest priority I had at the given moment. Some of these ladies not so much. All of the process is grueling and emotionally as well as physically draining. The least the staff can offer is a compassionate smile.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Very easy, not long wait times. Unfriendly faces in front desk. Like smile people!!! You CHOSE your current profession and employment situation, if you don't like it then leave!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I was lucky enough to have fantastic medical coverage. We paid out of pocket for freezing embryos, acupuncture and PGD testing. We roughly paid about $6,000 in out of pocket expenses.
6 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Forman is an excellent reproductive endocrinologist. At each appointment my husband and I had with him, he took his time, never rushed us, explained information very thoroughly, and had such a wonderful bedside manner. There were times where he made special accommodations to see us at the very end of the day, due to my work schedule, and he personally called me prior to each egg retrieval/transfer, even if it was on a Saturday or Sunday...
6 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
As a patient, I wouldn't hesitate for an instant to recommend him to anyone seeking infertility care. He is extremely compassionate and dedicated to his work.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Be patient with the outcome, as everyone's situation is different. There may be a timeline given, but understand that things may take a bit longer than expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
My most-recent nurse, Ann Marie, is also extremely compassionate and thorough. She kept in contact with me very efficiently, and I never had to worry about hearing from her or having a question answered. She returned all of my phone calls very promptly, and we had an extremely great rapport with one another.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The morning monitoring staff, whether it be the front desk, phlebotomists, or techs, were always warm and friendly, even at the opening hour of 5:30 a.m. The clinic operates like a well-oiled machine. Each and every employee I've had contact with was professional, friendly, and very knowledgeable in their position. I've also attended nutrition meetings and a donor-egg seminar through RMA, as they have so much else to offer, to those who are struggling to conceive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring hours are extremely fair. I usually arrived at the very start of the morning, and on some days I would not have to wait at all, while other days I've waited over 30 minutes. Patients seem to be flexible, as this tends to be the norm with open monitoring hours. It really depended on the day- if everyone had the same idea to show up at 5:30 a.m., then there'd be a wait. The staff certainly hustled and did the best they could to get all patients cycled through in a timely fashion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I have wonderful insurance, but because we used an egg-donor, there was a substantial fee to her. We also had to pay out-of-pocket for some other services that we chose (i.e. chromosomal testing of embryos).
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman has an incredible amount of knowledge, and is very skilled in explaining details of treatment options and the IVF process. As my doctor, he never made me feel like a number. He always greeted my husband and I with a smile, and showed a tremendous amount of compassion towards us and our desire to have a family. He has a warm bedside manner and understands that infertility is an emotional process. I always felt that he kept my best interest in mind, while creating his plans for treatment. When canceling a fresh transfer due to mild OHSS, Dr. Forman took the time to explain exactly why it was the best choice to have a frozen transfer instead. I always felt comfortable with our decisions, and felt that each step of the process was truly a team effort.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Be patient and trust him. Dr. Forman has a wealth of knowledge. Let him educate you, and encourage yourself to become an active part of your treatment.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman always treated me like an individual who mattered. He always made me feel like my health and safety were his first priority, and took time to explain each of his choices for my treatment. He was very easy to communicate with, responding rapidly to any e-mails and even calling on the phone.
I did not get my period on my own, so we started the cycle with Provera and then 14 days of BCP. After the fourth day of being off BCP, I started stimming using Follistim and Menopur, with doses changing based on blood work and ultrasound. After 4 days, I added Ganirelex. For my trigger, 36 hours before retrieval, I used 2mL Pregnyl and 40 units Lupron, and then 24 hours prior I used 40 units Lupron again. This retrieval yielded 36 eggs, 23 matured, 16 fertilized, and 10 made it to CCS/PGD. All were normal, 5 girls and 5 boys. When we canceled the fresh transfer, I waited for day 1 which came 12 days later. We did day 3 blood work which was all good, and then we waited until the next month to prep for the frozen transfer. After normal ultrasound and bloodwork, I restarted estrogen suppositories, and 18 days after starting this process, was able to have my frozen embryo transfer. This transfer happened on Nov. 29, 2015 and was successful as I am now 32 weeks pregnant with my blessing of a baby boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Danielle was an excellent communicator. She worked with my wacky schedule as a teacher, and if for some reason we were unable to actually talk on the phone, she left me detailed voice messages with clear instructions for medicine and explanations of my lab results. We were able to communicate primarily by phone, but also at times through e-mail.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA treats patients as individuals, not as numbers. During my treatment, RMA opened beginning at 5:30 for morning monitoring instead of 6:00, which was wonderful as I did not feel rushed getting to work in the mornings. I highly recommend you arrive a few minutes before 5:30 so that you could be one of the first for blood work and ultrasound. This way, you do not need to worry about getting to work on time. The office staff was always pleasant. The phlebotomists were quick, personable, and painless. The staff worked to make each morning as pleasant of an experience as possible, and seemed to value the time of each patient. I honestly cannot think of any weaknesses- the whole operation is comprised of miracle workers :)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Morning monitoring at RMA is a well-oiled machine. After checking in after the doors were first opened, it usually took just minutes to be called back for bloodwork. If an ultrasound was available first, the staff would place you in a room and ask you to do blood work afterwards. When at Morristown, I would always get a call with my results by the early afternoon, and if I needed to go to Basking Ridge instead, a call with my results would be made at some time during the morning. The staff at RMA know what they are doing, and work to make sure everyone is able to have a stress-free, quick morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I was very lucky to have IVF covered under my insurance. Out of pocket, I paid for my medicines, and for costs associated with PGD testing and embryo freezing.
Morristown
Even after discharge, he [Dr. Eric Forman] helped us navigate some issues we were having with the pregnancy (not IVF related). He recommended doctors and personally kept in touch with us. We could not have asked for a better experience. His knowledge far surpasses other fertility specialists we have seen and we will be forever grateful for finding him and RMA.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is one of the best doctors my husband and I have ever come across. He was our hope at a very dark time in our lives. After our first appointment, we had a clear plan of what to expect. Dr. Forman was very upfront and honest throughout the entire process. We felt as though he was truly invested in seeing us come out on the other side as parents. Even after discharge, he helped us navigate some issues we were having with the pregnancy (not IVF related). He recommended doctors and personally kept in touch with us. We could not have asked for a better experience. His knowledge far surpasses other fertility specialists we have seen and we will be forever grateful for finding him and RMA.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
I have recommended Dr. Forman to a number of my friends and they have all gone on to become parents. My biggest piece of advice would be to not wait. Make an appointment as soon as you think something may be wrong.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman always answered all of our questions thoroughly and in a way in which we could understand. He set realistic expectations and made sure we were comfortable thoughout the entire process.
Dr. Forman was careful to not hyperstimulate my ovaries. His main concern was quality not quantity. I started with Folistim injections followed by Ganirelix and eventually a trigger shot. He was aiming for 15 quality eggs and we got exactly that.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
When I was pregnant the first time around, I was assigned to a nurse named Cely. She was fantastic, but unfortunately she no longer works full time at RMA. The second time I was pregnant, my nurse was Mary Ellen. She was okay... seemed to lack some compassion and I felt as though she really viewed her job as just that... a job. Overall, the staff is great however!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a smooth running practice. They see alot of patients so it's easy to feel as though you're just a number, but the staff goes out of their way to make sure this doesn't happen. It can be overwhelming at times when you're in a packed room at 6am waiting for monitoring, but I feel as though that's a testament to RMA's great reputation. The financial advisor I had the first time around was awful, but the second time around, I had someone else who was great. Like anything, there are a few bad apples but overall this is not the norm here.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring can be overwhelming but RMA does a very good job of getting people in and out. Their 530am start time works well for working professionals. I was able to monitor without having to tell my boss what was going on.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I believe all said and done it was about $20-25K; however, insurance paid for a good portion. We were able to freeze embryos if we decided to have more children. The cost for FET for subsequent pregnancies was very reasonable.
2013 - 2015
Trust Dr. Forman. My case was against all IVF statistics but he did not give up on me like other doctors. He supported me all the way giving me hope...Dr. Forman knew all details regarding my case. He would be always the one reviewing my results and recommending action plans, even when he was away from the office... Dr. Forman did a miracle - from potential 5-6 follicles, as a result of 3 separate injection stimulations, we got 2 frozen healthy fertilized eggs that resulted in 1 healthy baby. What Dr. Forman did was against any IVF statistics and I am so thankful to him for taking the chance with me and supporting me in every step of this long process...
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
First I went through 2 hormone injection stimulation cycles at Columbia Reproductive Women's Center at 1790 Broadway in NYC. In both cases at Columbia they told me that they would stop the treatment after the first ultrasound exam. I believe, as a result of the ultrasound, they did not see enough follicles being formed, although they did not tell me how many follicles they saw and why they decided they would discontinue the IVF process. While treated by Dr. Forman at RMA New Jersey, I went through 3 hormone injection stimulations. In all of these 3 injection stimulations, the ultrasounds showed a low number of follicles - anywhere from 2 to 4 follicles per stimulation. Yet, Dr. Forman did not discontinue my treatment. He said there is hope. So we proceeded to the egg retrieval in all 3 stimulation cycles. I believe the first time they retrieved 3 eggs, the second retrieval resulted in 2 eggs, and the 3rd retrieval resulted in 1 egg. The 1st retrieval resulted in 1 fertilized egg, the 2nd retrieval resulted in 1 fertilized egg and the 3rd retrieval did not result in any fertilized egg. In summary, as a result of 3 injection stimulations, they saw about 5-6 follicles in total, and as a result of 3 egg retrievals, they retrieved 5 eggs, of which 2 got fertilized and were healthy (they did PGD/PGS testing on all retrieved eggs). They transferred the 1st good egg and I got pregnancy but after 6 weeks or so the embryo stopped developing and I miscarried. However, my second and last healthy egg resulted in a healthy full term baby. Because of my low production of follicles, the Columbia doctors disregarded me completely in the very beginning of the process and they did not want to bother with egg retrievals, while Dr. Forman and his team gave me a chance. Dr. Forman did a miracle - from potential 5-6 follicles, as a result of 3 separate injection stimulations, we got 2 frozen healthy fertilized eggs that resulted in 1 healthy baby. What Dr. Forman did was against any IVF statistics and I am so thankful to him for taking the chance with me and supporting me in every step of this long process. Also, I would like to add that I live in Brooklyn and work in NYC, while Dr. Forman and RMA NJ are located in New Jersey. However, that was not much inconvenience as the blood monitoring and the initial ultrasound exams I did at RMA Brooklyn in the morning and Dr. Forman would get the results and review them in the afternoon. All the 3 egg retrievals and 2 egg transfers I did at RMA New Jersey facilities. I feel incredibly grateful and lucky to end up in the competent and caring care of Dr. Forman. He was recommended by a friend of mine who works in the genetics field and she expressed the opinion that Dr. Forman is one of the best upcoming IVF doctors in the tri-state area and that RMA NJ have the best IVF labs (labs play a key role in the IVF treatment and they should be taken in consideration when selecting your doctor).
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I do not remember the specifics (mix of hormones, etc.)
Describe your experience with your nurse.
My assigned nurse was always prompt, giving me the results and action steps on time. She would call me and also send me an email. I like the fact that we communicated often by email.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was well equipped, specious and they had plenty of staff members to service you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Dr. Forman and RMA NJ are in New Jersey. I live in Brooklyn, work in Manhattan. My monitoring appointments were done in RMA Brooklyn. RMA Brooklyn would send my results to RMA New Jersey in the morning and Dr. Forman will review the results and come up with action plans in the afternoon. So the fact that I lived/worked in NY and Dr. Forman was in NJ was not much of an inconvenience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I do not remember the specifics. I believe my health insurance covered some of the costs.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
He is understanding and has a gentle bedside manner. We trusted him completely - his accomplishments are extremely impressive if you research him -and he explained everything so we could understand it - in layman's terms. He made us feel comfortable every step of the way and adjusted the course of treatment as he deemed necessary. He was willing to try different treatments in order to give us the best chance of conceiving.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
To trust his judgment because he is incredibly knowledgeable.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman is an amazing doctor. He explained every step of the process to us along the way. He knew about my previous pregnancy issues (miscarriages and painful procedures) and was extremely gentle and understanding during every step. Before I fully started the IVF treatment, I had a medical issue and Dr. Forman actually took the time out of his schedule to call and help me find a doctor who could treat me. He genuinely cared if we conceived and gave me his professional opinion many times. If it wasn't for Dr. Forman we would not have our beautiful daughter, who is now 6 months old. I recommend him to everyone I know who is trying to conceive.
We went through three full cycles - one additional cycle was cancelled. I was monitored for bloodwork and hormone levels and spoke to a nurse about protocols regularly. I received injections of Follistim, Menopur, Lupron and I'm not sure what the other drugs were without going back to my records. I also took Endometrin orally.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Originally I had Roohi, who was nice, but my care was switched to Alana when Roohi left RMA. Alana was great. She was organized and on top of things. She helped me make decisions about what to tell my pharmacist, etc.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is great. Their blood technicians were amazing. Getting blood drawn almost daily can become painful, but they were great at getting blood, giving tips for making blood draws easier, etc. RMA was timely and their offices are beautiful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
RMA opened at 6am, so I was able to get there at 5:45am and be finished in time to get to work at 7:45am, which was about 45 min away from their office. If you arrived later, then obviously you would need to wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
The PGD testing we opted for was $7,000 out-of-pocket, but all other costs were covered by my insurance.
Morristown
Dr. Forman is a dedicated doctor to his patients and his field. My husband and I were both very interested in the fact that Dr. Forman was and is involved in research! ... Dr. Forman was always calm, explained things clearly and both my husband and I understood the process and all the different steps - it's very involved. I was 100% comfortable and confident with Dr. Forman - so much that after we discussed the treatment plan - I NEVER second guessed anything . I just went with it. He is a wonderful doctor...
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is a dedicated doctor to his patients and his field. My husband and I were both very interested in the fact that Dr. Forman was and is involved in research! This was important to us. During our consultation Dr. Forman answered all of our questions and concerns about my age. Dr. Forman was always calm, explained things clearly and both my husband and I understood the process and all the different steps - it's very involved. I was 100% comfortable and confident with Dr. Forman - so much that after we discussed the treatment plan - I NEVER second guessed anything . I just went with it. He is a wonderful doctor.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Read Dr. Eric Forman's bio on the RMA website and watch his video. Dr. Forman, states, "“I traveled across the country looking for the right fellowship,” he says. “What drew me here – and why I fell in love with the program – was the opportunity to go into the embryology lab, to do research, and to be involved in cutting-edge advancements aimed at improving the field as a whole.” After you do that - meet with him. Dr. Forman is exceptional. To me he is the new wave of doctors in this field - and he is truly one of the best!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
My husband and I were always treated like a human. Dr. Forman greeted us with our first names during every appointment with him. He must have an exceptional memory ( the best docs do). Because he would remember specific things and and then follow up on them during the next appointment.
Because of my age 44 years old - We chose to do In Vitro Fertilization, Comprehensive Chromosome Screening, Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) and a Single Embryo Transfer. We did the stimulation, egg retrieval and a five day fresh embryo transfer. I also did the acupuncture immediately after the transfer. It resulted in a successful pregnancy and I now have a healthy, beautiful baby girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Christine Helbo is an incredible nurse. She is an expert in her field. She is consistent, clearly explained the process of meds (which is confusing at first), she is on top of things 24/7! I am still grateful I had her as my nurse, and attribute her positive qualities and mindset to helping us achieve success.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
After our consultation at RMANJ - Morristown, with Dr. Eric Forman we knew he was the doctor for us and that RMA overall offered the leading technology, expertise and outstanding patient care that we wanted. We choose Dr. Eric Forman specifically because of his expertise in In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) with Comprehensive Chromosome Screening during the embryo selection process and Single Embryo Transfer (SET). I think it is important to read over the RMA website and all the data that is presented. Dr. Forman's involvement in research and his medical background and training along with his very kind demeanor made the decision very easy for my husband and me. During treatment we were either in the RMA Morristown office or Basking Ridge and we always had a good experience - things were consistent. I always had a very good experience during all of the steps involved in IVF - Blood work with the technicians was fine - I was in and out. I never waited. All of my visits with Dr. Forman were consistent and went as scheduled. My nurse Christine kept us well informed and organized with our appointment schedule. She was wonderful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
RMA has early morning appointments if you need them. I am not sure why it always worked out this way because I did not have a special time, but I never waited more than a few minutes. After my blood work there would be one person waiting and then myself. My experience with monitoring appointments was great. No drama.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
We met with an RMA financial consultant who thoroughly explained all the fees involved. We were well informed and have no complaints.
14 Eggs Frozen
2 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
14 Eggs Frozen
European, Other
2 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
I am thankful to have met Dr. Forman. He was committed to our goal of achieving pregnancy throughout our time at RMA. He came up with creative solutions and explained all of our options thoroughly. We experienced a number of failures, but Dr. Forman never gave up. He continued to explore possibilities. Dr. Forman was thorough, trustworthy, kind, intelligent, caring, compassionate and easily accessible for questions. He gave us all the time we needed to answer questions. I highly recommend Dr. Forman!
Trust him!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman was patient and kind. He spent as much time with us as we needed. He explained our treatment plan and options in a manner that was easy for us to understand. He was compassionate and caring.
Our first three IVF cycles were traditional cycles with 1 embryo transfer. Dr. Forman had suggested transferring 2, but I was nervous about twins so we proceeded based on my comfort. We used the typical medications of progesterone in oil injections and estrogen. The final cycle was a non-traditional cycle where he created more of a natural cycle and implanted the embryo when my own body was ready to receive it. Medications were similar to the traditional cycles and continued through the first 8 to 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Merry was a pleasure to deal with. She was easy to get in touch with and provided reasonable explanations for any questions. She also showed much compassion and care after suffering losses.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA was a great clinic. Wait times were minimal for morning monitoring - I think the longest I ever waited was 20 minutes. Phlebotomists were friendly and pleasant and always referred to me by name. I had a positive experience with RMA and can't point out any weaknesses.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring appointments were a breeze. There was never a long wait and phlebotomists new me by name.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
The health insurance company covered most costs, with the exception of our deductible, co-insurance and embryo testing/freezing.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Foreman is an awkward communicator, evasive and never grasped the accountability and commitment of the process. We couldn't get a clear path forward or a plan - in many cycles...He [would] not even put me on Clomid - the standard beginning drug of IVF. (I later had good results with it)
European, Prefer not to answer
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Foreman is an awkward communicator, evasive and never grasped the accountability and commitment of the process. We couldn't get a clear path forward or a plan - in many cycles. I wouldn't recommend him to an enemy if I had one.
Go elsewhere!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
multiple nurses, no coordinate of care, nurses frequently quit or were fired. The reason we chose them was for the conception rate and to have continuity of care but when our dr was away, we couldn't cycle. Also, cycles were cancelled to game their rates. We lost about 12 months while various nurses messed up our cycles (no calls, no rx, no ability to get it) and enough money to be a really really nice car.
He ow;d not even put me on Clomid - the standard beginning drug of IVF. (I later had good results with it)
Describe your experience with your nurse.
disorganised, unclear, meds not called into mail order pharmacy - many times had to rush to local specialty and pay far more because they messed up). more than one cycle had to be cancelled because the meds could not be received in time. a disaster. Each time we changed nurses, it would take months to get up to speed again. It's not calculus and rocket science! One nurse, upon hearing that I was both traveling and had woken up gasping for air and could barely breathe suggested I keep taking the meds that caused the reaction and come in at noon. I had clearly articulated that I was 11 hours away and could not breathe. I had to page the on call 5 times before getting a nurse (no dr!) to tell us what to do. meanwhile, we're panicked in a hotel. that was horrible, horrible experience.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It took them 2 surgeries to do what they should have in one. One dr pulled my stitches out by hand (not even gloves). It's a slick facility/facilities but the treatment is barbaric and they will game their success rates by canceling your cycles. there are better options!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
who knows? we were always paying even after cancelled cycles. over 18 months later, they sent a mystery bill for 4k. no one there knows why but we called for months to resolve.
Morristown
Dr. Eric Foreman is very attentive, kind, caring. He is a brilliant doctor. I feel so lucky that I got him as my doctor. He would respond to questions usually same day. He treats his patients like family or a close friend...Dr. Foreman was always available to answer any questions. He was quick to respond to emails and would also quickly set up a phone call when needed. I've never had a doctor that was that responsive. I felt he truly cared about his patient and wanted me to have the result that I wanted...
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Always have an open mind. Dr. Foreman will do everything possible for you to get the results you want, but also remember it's in a higher -powers hands. Yet stay positive.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Foreman was always available to answer any questions. He was quick to respond to emails and would also quickly set up a phone call when needed. I've never had a doctor that was that responsive. I felt he truly cared about his patient and wanted me to have the result that I wanted. I can't say enough good things about Dr.Foreman! He's a brilliant doctor, kind and real human being.
I can't remember, but Dr.Foreman will taylor a plan for you
Describe your experience with your nurse.
I loved my first nurse, Tanya. She was very kind. I was petrified of giving myself injections and didn't feel comfortable learning from a video; She offered me to come to the office and she showed me how to give myself the injections. She also gave me her cell number in case I had questions when giving myself injections. She truly cared about her patients. Unfortunately, toward the end of my time at RMA Tanya got a new job and I got a new nurse. The new nurse was not located in the location I went to and I didn't find her as warm.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Great doctors! Some nurses great! They should teach all patients in person how to administer the injections. Luckily my first nurse was kind enough to show me the subcutaneous injections. The muscular injections my general doctor and mother showed my husband how to do them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
They weren't too bad if you arrive early
3 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Forman is very caring. He explained every aspect of the IVF process. He was always available to answer questions. I have recommended Dr Forman to many colleagues and would use him again! As someone who had worked in the medical field for more than 20 years, I appreciated Dr Forman for his medical prowess, his warm demeanor and his honesty. In my opinion, fertility doctor's need to have a good bedside manner, as well as, be innovators in their field. Dr Forman has all of these...
3 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Trust the process and utilize all that RMA has to offer their patients.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr Forman made me feel like a human, and not a number, by calling me throughout the cycle .. remembering my name. Dr Forman was always available to answer any questions.
Although I do not recall the specific cycles used, or drug dosages (which are all patient specific), I do remember that my first cycle did not result in an egg retrieval. Dr Forman advised me to stop the cycle and utilize a different protocol. While I was initially upset, it made sense not to spend the money when I would not have gotten the eggs needed for a transfer. I appreciated Dr Forman's honesty.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Christine was a very good communicator. She answered all of my questions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The main strength of RMA is the size. There are many offices that you can go to for your bloodwork and ultrasounds. The office hours cannot be beat. The Morristown office opened even earlier to accommodate their clients.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
The monitoring appointments at RMA are for a specific time period. I have to be at work at 7am .. so I typically was the first person to arrive for my ultrasound. Even when I wasn't the first person .. I never had to wait too long. And better yet, I was never late to work.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Other, Unexplained
[Dr. Forman] Explained everything in terms we understood Never rushed us and was always available when we needed After a scare with the egg retrieval he made sure he came to do the implantation...Dr. Foreman is very intellegent and takes his work very seriously. He only has one thing on his mind.... a successful pregnancy which ends in a healthy birth...
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Our fertility treatments began 6 years ago and including my OBGYN who facilitated two Clomid cycles we saw 3 doctors prior to going to RMA. We saw Dr. Foreman a couples of years prior to actually starting fertility treatments. When we were ready to start we went directly to Dr. Foreman. I was embarrassed to be back a second time but he never made us feel uncomfortable. He did not waste our time and make us redo every test that we already had done. We picked up where we left off. He reviewed the old tests and explained everything to us again and our options. He was honest and we trust him. My egg retrieval was done by another doctor and I had internal bleeding after. We knew this was a possible risk from the retrieval. I went to my local hospital ER and the on call OBGYN admitted me and told me that I need to have emergency surgery and that I may lose my ovaries. My husband called our nurse right away and Dr. Foreman who was in with a patient actually stepped out and got on the phone with the on call OBGYN and told him to wait on surgery and to transfer me to Morristown. Needless to say they never transferred me but just monitored me for 24 hours and the bleeding stopped and no surgery was needed. I do not know what would hve happened if Dr. Foreman did not get on the phone with the ER that morning. After struggling to get pregnant for 6 years we wanted to implant two embryos but Dr. Foreman explained his standpoint and educated us the benefits of implanting one. We agreed with his professional opinion. Dr. Foreman was not on the day of our implantation but he came down to do it. When we went in for our last visit I needed a recommendation for a new OBGYN and Dr. Foreman provided us with a few names to chose from. We now have a beautiful 3 month old and still keep in touch with Dr. Foreman. We have our other embryos frozen with RMA and there is no question that we would be returning to Dr. Foreman when we are ready for our next miracle.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I do not remember the protocol at all but the results were a healthy and strong baby girl and 9 embryos in the freezer.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Friendly but to the point. Very detailed and knowledgeable. Always got contacted me right away, I never had to call her for the information.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Location is easy to get to; right off main highway. Staff is very friendly and the facilities are very clean and pleasant. If you do not get to the office first thing you will wait a little for the bloodwork.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
I sometimes had to wait which is difficult when trying to get to work on time. I did not have Dr. Foreman for all monitoring but all the doctors were great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I do not remember all the costs but my insurance covered most. A few hundred dollars in co pays for the appointments and medicine. We paid a couple hundred for the freezing of my husbands sperm and genetic counseling. We also are paying $1000 annually to freeze the embryos.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is a perfect combination of a very caring physician and one who is very knowledgeable and able to convey that knowledge in language which we didn't need a medical background to understand. Dr Forman was the antithesis of our previous physician (who was never available and judgmental) , we were so happy to work with someone as caring and available as him after our last experience. We have nothing but praise for Dr Forman and would highly recommend him to others.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Use him! Don't be afraid to ask questions, he is as available as he says!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman would answer all of our questions and concerns in a very timely matter and with very detailed responses. He always took the time to check up on us and we felt he was always available and wanted us to succeed. We unfortunately had a miscarriage from our first transfer (we were the 0.01% that PGD missed) and he was quite compassionate and caring during our loss.
We used a donor egg and were given a cycle of Progesterone Oil injections with Estrogen oral pills for about 8 weeks and then transferred to Endometrin suppositories for a week.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Ann Marie was generally excellent in her response time and communicating with us and was always extremely caring and kind. There was a period where she seemed to be going through some personal issues and she was not as on top of responding or putting in orders that we had expected. Still, she was always warm and went out of her way to make our experience as wonderful as possible that we would highly recommend her
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The facility is a beautiful, wonderful, very relaxing environment and all the staff makes you feel very welcome. They are respectful in realizing how sensitive those undergoing infertility treatment are, and no children are allowed on the premises nor are their baby pictures plastered everywhere. We can't really say there are any weaknesses that we encountered.
Eric Forman
Dr. Forman was very responsive to emails and always emailed us right before and after procedures (TESE, retrieval) to let us know how it went...Email communication is best. Very responsive. Usually within an hour...Given the size of RMANJ, the personal attention we received was unheard of and much appreciated. We always felt informed and aware of what the next steps were and if we didn't, we had no problem finding out whether from you or our nurses. We came to you during an extremely difficult time in our personal lives and we are so appreciative of the compassion we were shown throughout the entire process.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
We feel extremely blessed to have become pregnant on our first try and we will be forever grateful to you and the entire staff at RMANJ. Every interaction we had with doctors, nurses and staff was positive and we knew we were in good hands for every procedure, ultrasound and test result. Given the size of RMANJ, the personal attention we received was unheard of and much appreciated. We always felt informed and aware of what the next steps were and if we didn't, we had no problem finding out whether from you or our nurses. We came to you during an extremely difficult time in our personal lives and we are so appreciative of the compassion we were shown throughout the entire process.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Email communication is best. Very responsive. Usually within an hour.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Antagonist protocol due to low egg reserve.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
We began treatment with Tanya who was very helpful and informative. Tanya left the practice in the middle of our cycle and then we had Zahava who was very attentive and informative as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Despite the number of patients RMA treats, we still felt like we got personal care. Morning monitoring waits can be long if you don't get there at 5:30am.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Pretty much a well-oiled machine, but the wait could be long (30 mins) if you didn't get there as close to opening at 5:30am as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
We were lucky enough to have insurance cover much of our cycle, including PGS testing.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
When we hit a bump, he [Dr Forman] felt it along with us. He wants us to achieve our dream of having a healthy baby as much as we did. I only wanted him to do the retrieval and implantation and he did. That alone made me more comfortable because he knew our situation and felt he was just as determined as we were. (Not criticizing any other Doctor there at all or say they did not want the same thing.p because they are all amazing...But it was just very comforting to have our actual Doctor do these procedures.) He never made us feel like a number or that he did not remember us, even with the number of patients he sees on a daily basis. He knew all our information and backroad etc every time we saw him. He never rushed us through appointments or phone calls or emails. He made the whole process as pleasant as it could be.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is a wonderful man. He understands the journey we went through and was there for every step of the way. He held our hands, walked us through and explained everything. When we hit a bump, he felt it along with us. He wants us to achieve our dream of having a healthy baby as much as we did. I only wanted him to do the retrieval and implantation and he did. That alone made me more comfortable because he knew our situation and felt he was just as determined as we were. (Not criticizing any other Doctor there at all or say they did not want the same thing.p because they are all amazing...But it was just very comforting to have our actual Doctor do these procedures.) He never made us feel like a number or that he did not remember us, even with the number of patients he sees on a daily basis. He knew all our information and backroad etc every time we saw him. He never rushed us through appointments or phone calls or emails. He made the whole process as pleasant as it could be.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Go see him! I would tell them everything I just mentioned in the previous question!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
He was always so warm and understanding. He took the time to actually talk to us, explain things and answer any questions we had. He always replied to calls/emails so quickly. He took the time to help understand and pick the best course of action to take in our journey. Whatever bump we had in the road, he felt it with us- the frustration and sadness... But was always so positive and knew we would have our baby. We will FOREVER be grateful to him and the staff at RMA because they enabled us to have our HEALTHY baby!
I don't remember too many specifics at this point... But we did the injections every night (Follisitm, Menupor) for about a week. Did a retrieval and had PGD testing. The result of the first retrieval was disappointing with a low number and 2 embryos ( 1 clean and one a carrier for CF). Did another round which resulted in zero viable embryos. He was ready to start again but we went ahead with a FET from the first cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Everyone was fantastic. Any person we had to get in touch with aka the nurse, Financial department, the front desk... Everyone was great!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I cannot think of any weaknesses.... They are so accommodating. There would be a line to get in for early morning monitorings and they would even try to open earlier! Everything is run like a very well oiled machine! So smoothly!!!! I recommend this clinic to anyone... But make sure you get there early as possible!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Run very smoothly despite all the patients coming in and out. They open even earlier then specified to be as accommodating as possible! There was always a line at the door, but they worked as fast and as efficiently as possible to get people through. A very well oiled machine!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Very expensive obviously... But the financial department was very helpful and did what they could to push things through insurance.
Morristown
He [Dr Eric Forman] always took his time at each appointment to answer any questions I had. He was always friendly and very informative...I had one egg retrieval, ICSI, one fresh and one frozen embryo transfers. For me, the fresh transfer resulted in a positive pregnancy but the beta levels did not rise enough to maintain pregnancy so I needed methotrexate since it did not implant in uterus. For my frozen transfer (performed by Dr Forman), I received a positive result and everything progressed normally. I graduated the clinic at 8 weeks and I am currently 33 weeks pregnant.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr Forman is the best and he helped us achieve a sucessful pregnancy. He explained things as we went along with the process and answered all of our questions. We always felt reassured with him in our corner.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Trust in him, he knows the best plan of action and will tailor it towards getting you the best result.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
He always took his time at each appointment to answer any questions I had. He was always friendly and very informative.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Christine is the best! Always friendly and very informative on the phone when giving instructions for medications or course of treatment. Never felt rushed when speaking with her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Friendly staff, quick appointments if you made sure to get there before peak times. I was seen in two of their locations for monitoring and never had an issue with anyone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
They opened the clinic for earlier hours so I always made sure to get there early so I could be back for my job. The monitoring schedule never interfered with my job. Once signed in, it was a well oiled machine to get everyone back for bloodwork and ultrasounds in the order of when you signed in. I never felt like I was sitting there as if someone skipped over me, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
My insurance covered my retrieval and we paid out of pocket for the transfers and cryopreservation of our frozen embryos (yearly storage fee). My medicine was 90% covered with my insurance so I only had small payments out of pocket for my cycles ($25-$200). I also used my company's FSA account to cover most of the out of pocket expenses.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
It is the little things he [Dr Eric Forman] did that have truly impressed us: calling on a Saturday afternoon to check in because we hadn't seen you in the monitoring process, taking as much time as needed to answer any worries about going through the trigger and retrieval process for the first time, adjusting his schedule to come do the retrievals, holding my hand during a moment of panic when My husband couldn't be there, and finally stopping to talk to my husband on his way upstairs to give a report. Those are just a few things Dr. Forman did while we were under his care at RMA. We now have a healthy and beautiful 6 month old baby boy. We still email Dr. Forman about how our son is growing and he always responds promptly and seems to truly be interested. We look forward to another transfer with Dr. Forman later this year or early next year.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Words cannot express our gratitude for all Dr. Forman has done for us. We feel blessed that our path led us into Dr. Forman's hands. His dedication, knowledge, and passion for reproductive medicine was evident to us upon meeting him in November 2014. We immediately felt comfortable with the journey ahead and confident that our dreams of becoming parents could actually happen. He has such a calming way and quickly realized how best to approach us. He was always been generous with his time and thoroughly answered all our questions (and I had many!). It is the little things he did that have truly impressed us: calling on a Saturday afternoon to check in because we hadn't seen you in the monitoring process, taking as much time as needed to answer any worries about going through the trigger and retrieval process for the first time, adjusting his schedule to come do the retrievals, holding my hand during a moment of panic when My husband couldn't be there, and finally stopping to talk to my husband on his way upstairs to give a report. Those are just a few things Dr. Forman did while we were under his care at RMA. We now have a healthy and beautiful 6 month old baby boy. We still email Dr. Forman about how our son is growing and he always responds promptly and seems to truly be interested. We look forward to another transfer with Dr. Forman later this year or early next year.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman knows his stuff. Trust his recommendations. I was in a gigantic rush to be pregnant. It took my husband and I 2 and a half years to get pregnant. It felt like an eternity so by the time we met Dr. Forman and realized the reason for our struggles I just wanted to be pregnant instantly. After two egg retrievals and 9 healthy embryos later I wanted to ensure I was going to get pregnant and wanted two transferred in. Dr. Forman listened to me and then spoke to me about some of the risks of transferring two "normal" embryos. Thank god I listened to him! That first transfer worked. My hats off to twin mamas but I do not know how I would've functioned with two at once! Dr. Forman is always honest and is extremely talented in this field. Trust him!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman cares about his patients. He goes above and beyond for them. Just one of many examples would be taking the time to email me after my second retrieval while he was away with his family. He checked into the lab to look at our embryos and wanted me to know that they looked great and we would likely have many to PGD test. Never did I think I would hear anything until day 5, but that update just reminded me of what a wonderful Doctor Dr. Forman is. My list could go on and on in the time I spent working with Dr. Forman.
It's so funny how quickly you forget which is why I would go and do it all again (and plan to). I do not recall exact protocols from the retrieval process but I do remember taking estrace, that lovely Progesterone in oil (intramuscular injection), and the vaginal inserts as I reached 10 weeks. The estrace helped get my lining ready and the PIO injection helped support my baby until placenta was there (about 10 weeks I stopped that and switched to vaginal insert).
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Our nurse was very organized and I know she worked with many patients. Never once did she mess up anything protocol wise and always gave daily updates when I was seen. Sometimes I struggled with her. I had lots of questions and sometimes I felt as if I was an annoyance. I think to be a nurse in this field takes a great deal of compassion and understanding and this she lacked at times. She always got back to me, but just always seemed tired.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a wonderful clinic. I never went to another clinic so I have nothing for comparison but my expectations were exceeded. As someone new to this experience I appreciated all the feedback you received. Everyday you were seen you would get a phone call with an update and any adjustments in your protocol. Once I was pregnant they saw me every week and I got pictures each time. I missed that tremendously once I was discharged at 8 weeks. Possibly what I loved best was that I never felt like a number!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring caries each time you went and how early you went. Monitoring was between 6-7:30 (I think...how quick we forget). It was unusual to neve shave to wait but your wait could vary from 10-20 minutes in Morristown. They had a great system worked out and moved patients in and out. The phlebotomists were outstanding! Everything was extremely organized but yes there would always be some type of wait unless you went to the basking ridge office which had more doctors on call for monitoring and more phlebotomists to pull blood. There usually want much of a wait there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I truly don't remember exact costs. I do know I was one of the lucky ones who's insurance covered most of our treatment except for genetic counseling and freezing.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
When he [Dr Eric Forman] knew I was in the office or getting a procedure done, and he wasn't the doctor on call that day but he was in the office, he would stop into my appointment. He even did one of my retrievals when he wasn't on call to do that because he cared so much. When I had a miscarriage after 6 weeks of pregnancy I needed a D and C. I could get an appointment for a week after there was no heartbeat. I was so upset, I just wanted it done ASAP.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is extremely smart. He explains everything very thorough. Since he is so smart and so dedicated to his work, it may look like he doesn't care about you because he is not a very emotional person. But by his actions and commitment to his patients you can tell he really cares about you and helping you get pregnant. When he knew I was in the office or getting a procedure done, and he wasn't the doctor on call that day but he was in the office, he would stop into my appointment. He even did one of my retrievals when he wasn't on call to do that because he cared so much. When I had a miscarriage after 6 weeks of pregnancy I needed a D and C. I could get an appointment for a week after there was no heartbeat. I was so upset, I just wanted it done ASAP. Dr. Forman called me to talk about my lost and I told him that my appointment want for over a week. He said he would have done the D and C for me right away if he wasn't leaving for a conference. That made me feel so great and so thankful that my doctor cared so much about me. I would recommend Dr. Forman to anyone who is going though infertility treatments.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Listen to what he has to say and whatever advice he gives you. He knows what he is talking about and he does have your best interests in mind.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman was a wonderful doctor. I knew that he cared about me and my desire to be pregnant. He called me and talked to me at length when an embryo that was transferred didn't make it once transferred. When I went in for morning monitoring with a concern and he wasn't the doctor on call to do that but he was in the office, he always came into my room to check me or to check on me. He even did one of my retrievals when he wasn't scheduled to be on duty that day. He always answered my questions and made me feel like he cared about me and never that I was asking too much or worrying too much. I completely trusted him.
After we had our initial meeting and tests, Dr. Forman suggested we go right for IVF since our issue warranted that. He didn't want us to do things that he didn't think would work. After I had a few embryos transferred and none of them made it to a full term baby, Dr. Forman suggested we do another egg retrieval and then test those fresh eggs instead of testing my eggs that were frozen from my first retrieval. If we unfroze, tested, and then refroze, there was a chance some of the embryos wouldn't make it.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Rhonda was always honest with me, answered all my questions, and showed she cared about me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is very well known for their work on infertility. They have state of the art facilties, doctors, and nurses. I felt very safe, comfortable, and confident there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Morning monitoring was from 6 to 730 am. You would put your name on a list and then be called in order for blood work and/or ultrasound. Sometimes it was very crowded, but that was understandable because so many people are going through this. If you got there a little after monitoring ended, they still let you be seen. If you had any issue, you could always come to monitoring to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
My insurance covered everything but a co pay for appointments, freezing my embryos, testing me embryos, and some medications.
Morristown
Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable and very compassionate. He has a very calm demeanor and takes his time explaining everything to the patient...Due to my age and the fact that I had good insurance coverage, he recommended we go right to IVF rather than trying IUI. After my first egg collection I had severe abdominal cramping and so with my second egg collection he changed the “trigger “ Med to Lupron and I felt fine after the collection.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable and very compassionate. He has a very calm demeanor and takes his time explaining everything to the patient. You can tell he has the best interest of the patient at heart although he may seem somewhat quiet or stand off-ish. He is very respectful of the patient and what she and her husband are going through. Here’s a great communicator and is always available night or day by email. You can feel his passion for his work and his general commitment to the patient. I would highly recommend him.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Be open minded and trust that he knows what he is doing. Dr. Forman can be quiet and almost shy in appearance but he is extremely knowledgeable.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman has a nice relaxed way of communicating and he is always available to talk either by phone or email. He is quick to respond as well. He verbalizes understanding of what the couple is going through and offers what he feels is the best treatment option. Ears open and honest and does not create false hope.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Lauren Bizub was great, very understanding through all our ups and downs. There were one or two other nurses however that did not seem to really understand the emotional trouble that goes along with the IVF process. After my first transfer I miscarried at seven weeks. One of the nurses called to tell me that I needed to return to the office for further blood work I explained that I was not in an emotional state to return to the office that week. Instead of verbalizing understanding of my feelings, she just kept on insisting. As a nurse practitioner myself I had to explain to her that going to the office Was an emotional experience in and of itself after a miscarriage and D&C. I explained that I just needed a few days to get myself together. Unfortunately the nurse did not seem to be very understanding or compassionate. I have to say, that part was very disappointing. My doctor and nurse however we’re great.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA Morristown was pretty good. One thing I feel the need to comment time is that on any given day during morning monitoring hours, The waiting room which is right across from the front desk, can be very full. There are tons of women and their husbands sitting there very anxious or maybe having just received bad news and just trying to get through the process. Meanwhile at the desk, other patients are being congratulated and given their discharge packet. It’s really difficult to have to sit there and listen to someone else getting the news we truly wish you were getting yourself. I did eventually get that news myself and I was sure to keep quiet and hurry out of the office. I just feel maybe the office staff there needs to be a little more sensitive to all of the women in the waiting room.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Although it did feel like we were cattle being herded, the office was very efficient and I was able to go there before working hours which made things a lot easier.
Somewhere around $15,000
Morristown
Dr. Forman has a wonderful bedside manner. He understands that when a couple struggles with fertility issues it can be a upsetting and his positive upbeat attitude was very reassuring. He took his time explaining each step of my fertility treatment and I never felt like a number...I wasn't able to produce as many eggs as expected but he remained positive throughout the experience. He encouraged me to follow our plan and in the end it worked. His positive encouragement and support was comforting and put me at ease.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Trust him. He will be honest and design a specific plan for you. I would recommend him and would use him again.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
My plan was to do a fresh single embryo transfer which resulted in a pregnancy. I had a successful fresh transfer before which is why he recommended trying it again. After initial testing I was placed on thyroid medication then followed the recommended IVF injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
The entire staff at RMA is wonderful. The nurses and staff are compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a great practice. They have a variety of office locations with convenient monitoring hours. If necessary you can always get in contact with someone at the office.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
I was able to go to the monitoring hours before work. The fact that there are so many offices made the process convenient. The monitoring staff at the Basking Ridge office were friendly and helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I was fortunate in that insurance paid for my treatment. I paid approximately $1200 for freezing the extra embryos. I also paid $300 for genetic screening.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant with a miracle from Dr. Forman, and look forward to returning to him some siblings in the future!...Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable and hard working. He's one of the few doctors at RMA that keeps an updated professional facebook page. I love seeing his numerous accomplishments and success stories and his pride in his work...When our first transfer failed, due to a catheter issue with my anatomy and another doctor, he insisted on doing my second transfer himself.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable and hard working. He's one of the few doctors at RMA that keeps an updated professional facebook page. I love seeing his numerous accomplishments and success stories and his pride in his work. It's also fun to see a more personal side of him and his dedication to his work. He's constantly striving to do better. When our first transfer failed, due to a catheter issue with my anatomy and another doctor, he insisted on doing my second transfer himself. That pregnancy took! Unfortunately, the embryo split on its own to identical twins and we lost them at 8 weeks likely due to twin/twin transfusion (entirely unrelated to the transfer process). Dr. Forman had an amazing bedside manner with our loss, and gave us time to grieve and mourn, but then came back with a plan for a third transfer to ensure success. It worked! I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant with a miracle from Dr. Forman, and look forward to returning to him some siblings in the future!
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
He's very analytical and when you first meet him may come across as stoic, but as you develop a relationship with him, he's actually very warm and has an excellent bedside manner.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I didn't abuse it and write him often, but when I had a concern that I didn't want to discuss with my nurse, I would email Dr. Forman. He always got back to me immediately, even on off hours or weekends and never made me feel like I was bothering him.
We discovered in our in take testing that our primary issue was male factor (Varicocele) that resulted in us going directly to IVF. There was also a concern of diminished ovarian reserve, due to my sister going through pre-ovarian failure at 29 years old, and some minor endometriosis. When our first retrieval (follistim, menopur and ganirellix) resulted in 3 (normal PGS tested) embryos, but Dr. Forman knew we wanted 3 or more children, we opted to do a second retrieval before transferring any. Our second retrieval (same protocol) yielded 5 (normal PGS tested embryos). We later did an FET with our highest graded embryo that unfortunately resulted in a failure. We believe it was due to a rare catheter insertion issue due to my anatomy ( I have a severely tipped uterus and it made the transfer challenging) Dr. Forman insisted on doing my second transfer himself after doing a couple of trial runs. The second transfer was still challenging, again just due to my anatomy, but worked this time! Unfortunately, the embryo split on it's own and resulted in a loss of identical twins at 8 weeks. This was likely due to twin/twin transfusion and nothing to do with IVF. For our third transfer, Dr. Forman again insisted on doing the transfer himself, but also recommended doing so under anesthesia. (This is something rarely done, but given my anatomy, he was looking to knock that out as a potential variable) It worked! We are currently 15 weeks pregnant with our miracle from Dr. Forman, and look forward to using him in the future for siblings. I would absolutely recommend him to someone pursuing fertility treatments!
Describe your experience with your nurse.
We had Danielle Crochery first who was good and knowledgeable but didn't make the experience feel personal. When Danielle left to further her education, we were switched to Adrienne. This wasn't a match from the start. She was condescending and unclear in her directions and then would become annoyed when we would ask for clarification. We requested a change and ended up with Dayna Browning, who was wonderful! She was organized and personable. We never felt like a number with her. Hoping she'll still be there when we return for a sibling!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA NJ is known for its high success rates and state of the art facility. I love that all of the doctors collaborate on different cases to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. We're fortunate that we live so close, as I was floored that during my egg retrievals, there were other patients visiting from NYC and even Europe to have their procedures done there. When I asked why they would travel all this way, the response was "because they're the best"
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring hours were from 5:30-7:30am. There were times when it felt like a cattle call with a line, but it really depended on the day and how many patients were there and how early you arrived. If you arrived closer to opening time, you rarely had to wait long. The mornings can be tough, but are the most convenient times to not interfere with work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I would have to look back and see what each costed, but we were fortunate to have good insurance coverage. Overall I would say we've spent about $10,000-$12,000 in a year and a half including 2 egg retrievals, medications, appointments, 1 hysteroscopy, 1 d&c, and three embryo transfers
Morristown
Dr. Forman was always available to talk, and answer questions in a timely manner. He is companionate and went out of his way to be present for our egg retrieval and embryo transfer...Dr. Forman is intelligent, caring, compassionate, available, and trustworthy. He is kind and empathetic. He is never condescending and always makes sure we are all on the same page and that we understand what's happening. I have and will refer friends to Dr. Forman.
Trust him.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
We did Icsi with PGD testing. Lupron and ganarelix protocol. We live out of town and we were able to adjust implantation based on my work schedule. Dr. Forman recommended single embryo transfer and I'm thrilled we did. We have a healthy baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Monica was my nurse and then she left the clinic and was replaced by Joyce. It was a smooth transition from one to another. Both were available and responsive to questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Being a busy clinic is only a positive here. More patients, more experience, more success. The in house lab and in house testing was important as is the research the clinic is doing. This was my second clinic and I traveled far to go to RMA.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
I was monitored primarily at another clinic since I was an out of town patient. Monitoring was the same at both places, during certain hours and streamlined.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
IVF fee was around $18,000 with meds costing about $5,000. Freezing embryos yearly is $1,000 and transfer is $2,500 plus meds. Acupuncture was $200. Did not have insurance coverage. Similar rates to local clinic in another state.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He[Dr. Eric Froman] is a bit of an awkward turtle, but I found that rather comforting. I like statistics and scientific information and he was always good about providing that. He has been a very good fit for me. Since the beginning, he has collaborated with me on treatment and we have talked through the various options both from a likelihood of success perspective as well as a financial (what is and is not covered by insurance) perspective.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
He's a bit of an awkward turtle, but I found that rather comforting. I like statistics and scientific information and he was always good about providing that. He has been a very good fit for me. Since the beginning, he has collaborated with me on treatment and we have talked through the various options both from a likelihood of success perspective as well as a financial (what is and is not covered by insurance) perspective.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Feel free to ask questions - he is very receptive to that and it will help him know what information you need. He will try to work within the parameters of your insurance, but if you are ready to be more aggressive despite the cost, let him know. I'm certain that if money were no object in my treatment, we would have made the jump to IVF already, but since that has been a huge financial stumbling block, he has been willing to let us do more IUIs than most.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
The whole clinic staff is great. They know me personally and are always very supportive and patient whenever I go in. My assigned nurse, who calls me with test results and dosage instructions has been great, and even when there's a substitute, I never feel rushed through the information. Dr. Forman has collaborated with me and my husband regarding our treatment, and has been sensitive to our financial situation as well.
We tried different stims (follistim ended up being the one we stuck with) and different triggers (stuck with ovidrel after an injection site reaction to the other) to see what went better. We adjusted the dosage rate for the first few IUI cycles until we got it right. We tried and then abandoned progesterone suppositories after a bad reaction one month. We talked about non-prescription supplementation as well. I have reacted very well to the follistim and ovidrel - our problem now seems to be my husband's sperm. He referred my husband to a urologist for assessment and supplements.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
My primary nurse, Christine, and the entire staff have been great. Even when I'm staggering in for monitoring half-asleep at 6am, they are cheerful, patient, but still efficient. There are two regular phlebotomists in the office and I've had so many blood draws that I know which one prefers which arm. They all know me by name at this point.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
In addition to the staff, which I think I've already covered sufficiently, the location is great for me, and the monitoring hours mean that I haven't had to miss work at all for monitoring sessions or IUIs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
My insurance covered meds and IUI treatments and bloodwork, so I paid a $40 copay for each visit where I had an ultrasound. I did have some out-of-pocket costs associated with my hysteroscopy, of course, but that was my insurance deductible. I know they have a 6-cycle money-back-guarantee IVF program, but my husband and I haven't decided if we want to go that route.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Forman kept things simple by explaining things to us at a high level. When I wanted to know the details and specifics of "how the watch is made" he clearly explained them and when I "just wanted the watch" he kept it simple for me. At the end of the day, results are what you want instead of hand holding and we have a healthy baby due to Dr. Forman of which I am grateful... Dr Forman thoughtfully provided the answers/advice/recommendations I needed to work through the issues and generally feel better about the process.
European, Other
Investment Banker
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
I trusted Dr. Forman. Trusted his knowledge and ability, trusted his recommendations and treatment plans and as a result had confidence in the process. Infertility intermixed with a desire to have a family takes an emotional toll on would be parents and requires more patience than I had imagined. Each test/step of the process seemed to uncover something new from low morphology to PCOS to Endometritis to Trisomy that would require patience to work through and add another layer of worry/doubt. Dr Forman thoughtfully provided the answers/advice/recommendations I needed to work through the issues and generally feel better about the process. It is very easy to get wrapped up in the issues/science uncovered and worry. Dr. Forman kept things simple by explaining things to us at a high level. When I wanted to know the details and specifics of "how the watch is made" he clearly explained them and when I "just wanted the watch" he kept it simple for me. At the end of the day, results are what you want instead of hand holding and we have a healthy baby due to Dr. Forman of which I am grateful.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
He is a fertility doctor, not a therapist. Lean on your spouse and those you choose to involve in the process for the emotional support you need and trust Dr. Formans judgement and expertise. Be patient. You want things to happen overnight but it is a very and unnerving slow process.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman communicated with us, answered any and all questions/concerns we had, explained the process and our options thoroughly, and was overall very thoughtful and caring in our conversations during each step.
Probably should have kept a log here but after an uninspiring first cycle, he recommended a down reg protocol and it was very successful. We needed to constantly monitor estrogen levels as they were getting very high but the end result was a safe extraction followed by PGD. The injections were menopur and gonal f between 100 and 150.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
She was reachable throughout the day and clearly explained the process. She answered procedural questions very well and was quite supportive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are fast and organized on the day to day visits...coordinating schedules while working is difficult and they were accommodative. Very clean, nice building. Felt very comfortable and safe.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
It was quick and efficient but personal.
$40,000+
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
We first met Dr. Forman a few years ago when after TTC for about 3 years on our own. During our first visit with Dr. Forman we were shocked by the amount of information we were given. He was thorough and responsive to any questions we had. At that point in time we were not ready to move forward with treatment due to financial reasons. After switching jobs and moving, my new health insurance covered treatment at another fertility clinic that was much closer to our new home. We made an appointment at the other fertility center and quickly realized that the care was extremely different. Despite the distance and having to pay out of pocket, we returned to Dr. Forman and never looked back! I was extremely nervous about the entire IVF process, and Dr. Forman eased my concerns and gave me the tools I needed to feel confident about our treatment plan. We completed our retrieval which was extremely successful. We did our first transfer about a month later which did not work. Upon receiving the news, Dr. Forman immediately discussed with us a new plan for our next transfer which we were excited about. There was never a pause in care; Dr. Forman was able to keep us focused on our family planning goals. I'm happy to report our second transfer was successful, and I am now in my second trimester. We look forward to continuing to grow our family under Dr. Forman's care!!!
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Bring a notebook! You won't remember everything and having notes to look back on is helpful. Dr. Forman is all about patient education...imagine a really thorough high school health class mixed with an advanced college level biology class. That's your new patient appointment in a nutshell!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman treated both myself and my husband with the utmost care, concern, and respect. From moment one, Dr. Forman took the time to explain every step of the process (testing and treatment) and thoroughly answered all of our questions. He gave us the information we needed to make autonomous decisions and feel confident with our diagnosis, treatment, and possible outcomes. He and his staff were readily available via both phone and email whenever we had questions. We felt like our concerns and questions were just as important to him as they were to us.
Because of our fertility obstacles, Dr. Forman said that both IVF and IUI were reasonable options. He weighed the pros and cons of both treatments with us considering our long term family planning goals. Ultimately we decided to do IVF considering my age and our desire to have multiple children in the future. We completed our egg retrieval and opted for CCS testing to test our embryos chromosomes at day 5 after fertilization. All embryos were frozen at this point. About a month later we did a tansfer with one of our normal embryos. We did the standard transfer protocol which included progesterone injections and a timed transfer. Unfortunately this transfer did not work. Dr. Forman reached out to us immediately to discuss strategies going forward. Our next transfer a month later involved the natural approach. It is still medicated, but relies on the body's natural cycle. Dr. Forman felt like I was a good candidate for this option that isn't always the first line of treatment. Our second transfer worked and we are now in our second trimester! Each step of the way Dr. Forman gave us all of our options and let us make our own decisions. Every time we made a decision we felt confident going forward because of the information provided by Dr. Forman.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Our nurse Rachel was amazing! She was extremely responsive to emails and phone calls. She answered are questions and concerns thoroughly and in a kind and caring manner. During our treatment process I spoke to Rachel on the phone multiple times a week. She was great!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMANJ is easily accessible; Multiple locations and hours of operation make morning monitoring and appointment scheduling extremely easy. They offer a wide variety of services beyond fertility treatment like acupuncture, counseling, and nutrition education. RMANJ strives to treat the entire person/couple not just the infertility!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
I found morning monitoring pretty easy. The hours are before a typical work day and occur at all offices. My retrieval cycle was during the holidays and they provided ample notice when hours and locations changed so the transition was seamless. The process was a well oiled machine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Because we paid out of pocket we purchased a "package" from a third party finance company that works directly with RMANJ that covered the egg retrieval, two transfers, and morning monitoring. This package cost around $16,000. We also paid for genetic testing which cost around $500 and opted for CCS testing which was $2,500.
Morristown
Dr. Forman was always very calm, reassuring, and extremely knowledgeable. h He never made me feel like a number. He truly loves what he does and is compassionate. I never doubted his advice or recommendations and felt very confident that he was my fertility physician. My RN Jennifer Graeve was also excellent and compassionate throughout my entire time with RMA. At times the morning monitoring was tough and made me feel like a number because there were so many people in the waiting room, especially on the weekends, but I am not sure if there is a way to fix that as the hours try to accommodate working women which I like.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman was always very calm, reassuring, and extremely knowledgeable. He never made me feel like a number. He truly loves what he does and is compassionate. I never doubted his advice or recommendations and felt very confident that he was my fertility physician. He always returned my calls or texts very promptly if I had a question or concern which put me at ease.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Request that he perform all your procedures and have your RN assist with coordinating your schedule and his so that can occur barring weather or emergency scheduling changes. His calming bedside manner and confidence will put you at ease for all procedures.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I had two IUI attempts using Follistim and Ganirelex. Dr. Forman counseled us that I had no anatomic issues that we couldn't try IUI first, although he told us IVF had better outcomes. I insisted on trying IUI first because was less invasive and required less monitoring. Unfortunately they didn't work and we moved onto IVF. My first egg retrieval yielded 6 eggs and 4 embryos, however all four were not chromosomally normal or acceptable for a transfer. One was a mosaic which in the past evidently were sometimes used but Dr. Forman advised me against it unless it was my only option. He assured me that sometimes this can occur and that he has seen women go on to have future egg retrievals and embryos that are healthy. Although I was devastated and frustrated with the process at this point as it was going on almost 8 months of fertility treatment, I agreed to try again, giving myself a month off to regroup. My final cycle and egg retrieval (which was on Christmas Day and we are convinced blessed as a result :) ) yielded about 6 eggs and we had four healthy embryos!!!! We did ICSI and had all the advanced genetic chromosomal testing done and decided to transfer our male embryo the end of February. On March 6th I finally received the news that we were praying for . .. . I was pregnant!!!! I am now 16 weeks and 4 days and all going well! Bloodwork and early anatomy scan normal. We couldn't be happier.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Jen was excellent and compassionate and answered all my questions and took the time. She would get me an answer from Dr. Forman if she didn't know the answer or if I asked her to check with Dr. Forman.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Great location, great staff. Front desk now has friendly, happy staff. Initially had a woman who was not pleasant and this made for a negative experience. Would like for am monitoring to have hours until 8am until just 7:30am
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Was a bit like cattle call for am monitoring, although was efficient and wait times were not long. It is a bit tough when you are going through difficultly of infertility and herded in waiting room and called in to line up for labwork and then sit back again for ultrasound. Staff was always pleasant and cheerful, esp the lab techs so that helped but it was tough at times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I was fortunate to have great fertility coverage until BCBS PPO but even so I met my max before the end of the year for meds and had to pay couple thousand for that (had two IUI, two egg retrievals in one year)
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr. Forman always address my concern and question, I might not see him in each morning monitor. But he had made sure he does my transfer and morning monitor since I had one failed FET that was not performed by him. I felt he wanted to make sure I got the care I need and he wanted to make sure he was there for me....Dr. Forman is very knowledgeable, patient and detail oriented. He cares about his patients and wanted the best for his patients....
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is very knowledgeable, patient and detail oriented. He cares about his patients and wanted the best for his patients. He always addresses my concern and question. He also made sure he is more hands-on with me once I had one failed transfer. He made sure he did the 2nd transfer for me and made sure he can see me in each morning monitor.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Whenever you have concern about your procedures or during early pregnancy, always email Dr. Forman, he will address your concern right away. I see many patients resort to facebook or forum, but they are only getting another person's experience, every body is different, trust your doctor, not facebook or forum. And be very alert and cautious in case any issue comes up.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
For egg retrieval medication, I dont exactly remember. For FET, it was estrogen, Progesterone oil, Doxycyclin and Madrol.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Merry is very experienced and she is up to the point, unfortunately I never had chance to meet her personally. She is quite responsive in email and phone call.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
When your doctor layout the plans for you. Do some homework and understand 100% of each treatment and purpose of them, if not clear at any point, email your doctor or nurse for better explanation. Phone call might be difficult to reach them, but doctor and nurse are better with email conversation.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
If you want to be seen quickly, come around 6 AM.
Roughly about 6-7K
2013 - 2014
I would say that he is a little bit reserved in his manner but he is a wonderful man with a huge heart, which I learned first hand....I really cannot say enough good things about him. [Dr Eric Forman] As I mentioned earlier, he went out of his way to personally ensure that I was given the best care possible. He came in on a holiday when he wasn't even on call to do my embryo transfer, which meant the world to my husband and me. He is an absolute asset to RMA, and beyond his patient care I know he's on the leading edge of research (I believe that the research that he's led personally impacted me). He really is a perfectionist and the care that he gives reflects that. Needless to say the results speak for themselves, I had one egg retrieval, and my first embryo transfer was a success an
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
I very much value you the experience that I had while under Dr. Forman's care and I have and will continue to refer anyone facing fertility issues to Dr. Forman. His style is fairly delicate and mild-mannered, yet he is very straight-forward and made very complex discussions easy to understand. I really cannot say enough good things about him. As I mentioned earlier, he went out of his way to personally ensure that I was given the best care possible. He came in on a holiday when he wasn't even on call to do my embryo transfer, which meant the world to my husband and me. He is an absolute asset to RMA, and beyond his patient care I know he's on the leading edge of research (I believe that the research that he's led personally impacted me). He really is a perfectionist and the care that he gives reflects that. Needless to say the results speak for themselves, I had one egg retrieval, and my first embryo transfer was a success and resulted in my beautiful daughter Elizabeth. I still had 11 healthy embryos available to be transferred after that. I will forever feel indebted to Dr. Forman for the give that he gave my family.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I was very much treated like a human by Dr. Forman, and we have remained in touch to this day. He was very interested in my unique fertility story, and I never felt like I had to remind him about who I was or my particular situation. He went ABOVE AND BEYOND every step of the way, and made me feel very well care for. The day of my transfer was the Monday of Memorial Day weekend, and even though he wasn't working or on call, he came in to personally do my transfer. I also emailed the nurse once I had the baby and stopped by the hospital once I had her to meet the baby. He is a very special man and I will always be grateful for the gift that he gave me.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
I thought Joyce was excellent. Very organized, on top of everything in what must be a stressful job. Very patient as well, and understanding. The only thing that would have made my overall experience better was a different/better mode of walking me through the injections. That was the hardest part for me, and I had to cancel a cycle because I gave myself the wrong injection at one point.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I thought RMA of Basking Ridge was fantastic, state-of-the-art facility, no complaints at all.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring was fine, no complaints at all. Hours are early in the morning but I would get in and out which minimal to moderate wait times. The earlier I got there the quicker it was.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I don't remember but it was worth every penny.
1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
You never feel like a number with Dr Forman. He takes the time to answer all your questions - even if you have million questions. He's always available by email. He is genuinely interested in your success and remembers your specific diagnosis/situation...Very smart and on top of cutting edge research. And excellent bed side manner...We did ICSI And PGS due recurrent pregnancy lost. We did two retrieval cycles for the purpose of storing embryos for the future. We did a single 6 day embryo frozen transfer which stuck. I'm currently 12 weeks.
1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is amazing! Nothing bad to say. You can't go wrong with him as your doctor. Very smart and on top of cutting edge research. And excellent bed side manner. A unique combo! Fertility treatment is very stressful, but knowing that your doctor is always available to answer your questions and guide you, makes the process a little less stressful. He truly has your best interest in mind. Other doctors that I have consulted with did not listen to my family planing goals. Dr. Forman listening to my goals and guided us in the best possible way to help us now and in the long term.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Always ask if you have questions. He will answer.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
You never feel like a number with Dr Forman. He takes the time to answer all your questions - even if you have million questions. He's always available by email. He is genuinely interested in your success and remembers your specific diagnosis/situation. After my initial consultation with Dr Forman and before I started treatment with him, I had a hysteroscopy scheduled at a different clinic. He reached out by email to see how the procedure went. Meant a lot to me.
I don't remember the specific dosages. I did 2 retrieval cycles (menpopur, goal F, ganirelix) with HCG and lupron for trigger. We did ICSI And PGS due recurrent pregnancy lost. We did two retrieval cycles for the purpose of storing embryos for the future. We did a single 6 day embryo frozen transfer which stuck. I'm currently 12 weeks. Fingers crossed.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Samantha was great. She called me every day when I went in with the results of the U/S and blood work. She was always available by phone and email to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I monitored at a different RMA NJ location due to convenience. It's nice to have the option of monitoring somewhere closer to home yet still being followed by your doctor. However, sometimes there is a really long wait during monitoring hours. Could be 15 min to over an hour.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Morristown office was in and out. I monitored mostly in Englewood and there's usually a long wait. Avoid Mondays and Fridays if you can.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Ha! Expensive. Luckily we had some insurance coverage. But that quickly runs out and also our insurance didn't cover thinks like genetic testing and embryo freezing. Blocked out how much out of pocket expenses we had - but definitely worth it.
Morristown
He [Dr. Eric Forman] knew I was scared and anxious throughout the entire process and to ease my fears, he went above and beyond and out of his way to be MY doctor to do my retrieval (on a day that he wasn't even scheduled)!... Dr. Forman did everything he could to keep me focused on the positives and I NEVER felt rushed when I went through my endless lists of questions...Dr. Forman was extremely thorough in explaining each step of my egg retrieval process. I actually went to him for what I thought would only be a consultation but unexpectedly was diagnosed with DOR. He was incredibly compassionate and caring and was always calm in explaining my options as I was completely overwhelmed.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable but above all, he is incredibly kind and patient. He is soft-spoken and remains very calm when I have the tendency to get overly emotional and breakdown in front of him. I was confident that Dr. Forman knew the best treatment plan for my specific situation. Dr. Forman is empathetic and compassionate and sincerely cared for how I was feeling during the cycle and after retrieval. I selfishly wish he wasn't leaving the RMA practice because I would love to continue to be his patient. There aren't enough kind words to describe him; he's definitely a rare find when it comes to being seen by a fertility doctor who honestly cares about his patients.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
You're incredibly lucky! Bring a notebook to write things down or come with questions because you're going to be given a lot of information to process. Trust that you're in great hands by being under his care.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman was extremely thorough in explaining each step of my egg retrieval process. I actually went to him for what I thought would only be a consultation but unexpectedly was diagnosed with DOR. He was incredibly compassionate and caring and was always calm in explaining my options as I was completely overwhelmed. Dr. Forman was readily available to answer all of my questions and he kept checking-up on me to ensure I was feeling well. I was a nervous wreck the day I was scheduled for my retrieval and on top of it all, he was not on the schedule for that specific day to do my retrieval. I was elated and surprised when the nurse told Dr. Forman was actually coming in that day to do MY retrieval! He knew I was scared and anxious throughout the entire process and to ease my fears, he went above and beyond and out of his way to be MY doctor to do my retrieval (on a day that he wasn't even scheduled)! Infertility challenges may be a very difficult and sensitive topic for some people; I spent most of the cycle crying and being stressed/frustrated/nervous/anxious - Dr. Forman did everything he could to keep me focused on the positives and I NEVER felt rushed when I went through my endless lists of questions. Not only is he brilliant, but he is genuine and sincerely cares - he's an incredible doctor and exceptional person.
I am 33 years old; on my initial visit, my AMH was 0.29 and there were 3 follicles seen when I went for my initial consultation appointment. I was surprised to learn I actually had DOR. I was on the antagonist protocol and was on a high dose level of medication and took my trigger shot on the 10th day of treatment. I was solely relying on him and his judgement and was extremely fortunate and happy to have 7 eggs retrieved and 6 frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
My nurse became my biggest supporter and I felt as if she was on this journey with me. Always encouraging me and reminding me to stay positive and focused. I absolutely adore Dayna for being genuine and candid. I was able to ask her questions that I would normally be too embarrassed to even ask my girlfriends. It's hard to talk about this topic for me but Dayna was more than just my nurse; it felt like she became my biggest fan. She was always in a good mood when she called me and even when it wasn't the best news, she was incredibly compassionate and knowledgeable. All of the nurses that I met at RMA were lovely but Dayna seemed to go above and beyond with keeping me organized, positive, calm, educated and focused.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Because RMANJ is so large and has so many locations, you'd think you'd feel as if you were just 'taking a number' when going to appointments. I actually felt the opposite. Each office I visited, each phlebotomist I encountered, each doctor who saw me - everyone made me feel that I was a person with my own specific needs/questions/concerns. I thought I would feel overwhelmed and defeated by going to such a large practice but it was incredibly convenient to have so many offices be open with very early hours for regular blood tests and ultrasounds. I wish there was more than 1 location that was open on the weekends/holidays but other than that, I have no suggestions/complaints.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
The Morristown office seems more efficient with blood work and ultrasounds because they have more rooms available. I also went to the West Orange location which would become more crowded than I would prefer because it is a smaller office. I found this entire process to be extremely emotionally draining but regardless to which office I went to, once I saw the doctor, I felt hopeful and encouraged. Visiting Morristown appeared to be a well oiled machine while visiting West Orange, on some mornings when they were busy, it seemed like I was on a slow moving conveyor belt.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I'm fortunate that I had coverage with my health insurance. I hadn't met my deductibles for the year so the price I paid RMA for 2 retrieval cycles along with egg freezing (after insurance coverage) was $4,200; EXCLUDING medication.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
tell Dr Forman everything like what works for you and what doesn't. He listens. Example: if you can't get to a scheduled appointment, let him know and he will make it work. Also to ask questions even if it doesn't makes sense, he will explain everything...Dr. Forman made me feel that I was important and not just another patient. He followed up with me through email, and whenever I had a question, he would respond right away. He was there for me throughout the process.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
I am so proud to have him as my Doctor. I was about to give up on CWRC after several failed procedures. But I gave them another chance and met with Dr. Eric Forman. I told him how I felt about CWRC. He assured me that things were going to change. He spoke with confidence. He took his time to explain everything. And I really wanted to try having another baby and so I gave him a try. And then, our journey began, 4 months later, I was pregnant! Dr. Forman made sure that I had all the medications I needed. He kept in touch with me through email and I was shocked that he responded so quickly. I had so many questions and he answered all of them. He was patient with me. He's just an amazing Doctor, not because I became pregnant, but because I didn't feel like just another patient. I didn't feel like I was passed down from one doctor to another. He is absolutely wonderful!
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
I would tell a prospective patient to tell Dr Forman everything like what works for you and what doesn't. He listens. Example: if you can't get to a scheduled appointment, let him know and he will make it work. Also to ask questions even if it doesn't makes sense, he will explain everything.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
This time around, by evaluating my previous procedures, Dr. Forman saw that I could take higher dosage but almost the same medication. The only different medication I've received from Dr. Forman is the the pregesterone. Instead of the normal pills, I was given pregesterone in sesame oil. I was also seeing Dr. Forman almost every week during the process and made sure that my bloodwork is all good. I was basically monitored closely which I think helped in the whole process to see how my body is reacting to the treatment.
They were all very nice and they seem to know what they were all doing. They also know your name. They give you privacy. They confirm your name and birthdate. I would say it has gotten better.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths: There is hardly a line when checking in, I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bloodwork. And they are all friendly. Weaknesses: The clinic can use a little update especially the bathrooms.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I had insurance that covered everything except for Freezing of the embryos.
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Foreman is very matter-of-fact. It was not that he didn't have a warm bedside manner, but he did not sugar coat things. For this reason, some may feel that he is cold but my husband and I appreciated his candid nature....Due to health issues, I wanted to fastest route to pregnancy. Dr. Foreman fully understood this and we began a freeze-all IVF with ICSI cycle shortly after a hysteroscopy...Dr. Foreman is very intelligent. He has a matter-of-fact nature that I appreciated. I don't want a doctor to give me the run-around or take unnecessary steps. Dr. Foreman gets straight to the point and gives his opinion on the best course of action. Of course, every choice is solely up to your own discretion and Dr. Foreman will respect whatever that decision is.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Due to health issues, I wanted to fastest route to pregnancy. Dr. Foreman fully understood this and we began a freeze-all IVF with ICSI cycle shortly after a hysteroscopy. After getting CCS testing I underwent a natural FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Kathy was truly a blessing. I could not have asked for a more caring and compassionate nurse. She was prompt to give me information and respond to all my questions and concerns. She also acted as my advocate when needed. All the women staff in the Springfield office were also very kind and welcoming. I appreciate all they have done.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
A few weaknesses that I would like to point out are the following: 1. Lack of a patient portal. Any and all information I got regarding bloodwork, test results, medications, etc were conveyed to me by my nurse. 2. "Morning Monitoring" hours stink. Maybe they could extend them an hour or two? 3. No one tells you any information regarding your cycle more than one appointment in advance. I understand that everything is subject to change based on your body and where you are in your cycle, but I would have appreciated a more defined plan and explanation of what to expect. Unless I specifically asked, no one offered this information. (Sometimes, that was a good thing. Ignorance is bliss!) A few things I'd like to point out that I think made my time with RMA great: 1. KIND and CARING staff. There is no substitute for the kindness the staff showed. There was always a little breakfast or coffee out in the mornings for patients. Staff knew me by my first name. They showed a genuine interest in my life. 2. Amazing doctors. All the doctors (whether I liked them or not) were very smart. Any of them at any given time could answer any question that you have, whether they were your primary doctor or not. They also made a great effort to learn your chart and your cycle so they could communicate well with you regarding your treatment plans. 3. Clean, updated offices. This was huge for me. 4. Great support system. The Fertilitalk network is great and I felt really special when I learned that Fertilitalk holds gatherings for women to get together and meet peers, and it's compliments of RMA.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
I didn't find monitoring hours to be convenient, especially on weekends. There were only a few rare occasions that I was in the office for more than 30 minutes. The weekend office was about 20 minutes from me so we always budgeted an hour and a half just for bloodwork & ultrasound appointments. That being said, I think that the staff did the best they could and everyone was very organized.
Morristown
Dr. Forman explained the different treatment options that were available to me and tried to help me narrow down the cause of infertility. Whenever I had questions, he took the time to explain to me in details in person or via email. His strong clinical research background also gives me additional confidence in choosing him as my primary doctor...I was debating between using IUI or IVF. Dr. Forman presented the pros and cons of both treatments to me. I picked IVF in the end because its chance of success is higher, although it's more expensive with more complicated procedure.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
My questions about the fertility procedure, scientific rationale and risk/benefit behind each treatment were adequately answered by Dr. Forman
Describe your experience with your nurse.
My nurse gave me clear instructions on what medication/procedure I need to take each time. I was seldom confused about what I needed to do. Whenever I had questions, my nurse was able to followup with me within 24 hours.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths: There are well established protocols for fertility treatment, easy for patients to follow. All the doctors are well trained, there is no need to see the same doctor at every visit for routine procedure.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring appointments were in early morning which seldom conflict with my work schedule
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
IVF total out of pocket: around $7000 (rest covered by insurance)
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Forman answered every question in the detail I needed, whether it was in person, through e mail or even a phone call outside of regular clinic hours. Because we hit some unexpected bumps along the way in regards to findings, things took a little longer than I was thinking. Dr. Forman was supportive every step of the way...He's very detail oriented and not an alarmist. Because fertility is sensitive by nature, there are a lot of uncertainties and Dr. Forman made sure to explain everything in detail as we went through and answered any questions I had as well as helped out a great deal with the needed insurance coverage.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is the kind of Dr. I need. He's very detail oriented and not an alarmist. Becuase fertility is sensitive by nature, there are a lot of uncertainties and Dr. Forman made sure to explain everything in detail as we went through and answered any questions I had as well as helped out a great deal with the needed insurance coverage.
He's awesome.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman answered every question in the detail I needed, whether it was in person, through e mail or even a phone call outside of regular clinic hours. Becuase we hit some unexpected bumps along the way in regards to findings, things took a little longer than I was thinking. Dr. Forman was supportive every step of the way.
Egg retrieval because of recurring endometriosis. Frozen embryo transfer because we weren't ready to conceive at the time of the retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Working with Joyve was great. She made phone calls, didn't just answer through e mails. She took the time to help get medications through before a holiday weekened, when insurance was dragging thier feet. She also was awesome when it came to working around my early ours when we needed to chat over the phone.
Quick, clean, efficient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
There were many mornings I was in and out in 10 minutes which was EXTREMELY helpful because I needed early and quick since I am a teacher.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Insurance covered most of this, and Dr. Forman and the finance team was extremely helpful in getting it covered since I had a preexisting condition.
Morristown
He [Dr Forman] called me himself a couple of times to check in about how I was handling the very frequent long drives to get to the offices, when we were impatiently waiting for my pregnancy test result to come in and after I became pregnant. I never felt like I was being talked down to the way lot of Dr's can make you feel.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
From the moment I met Dr Forman he made me feel very comfortable and understood. He was knowledgeable and non judgmental. Dr Forman is a caring Dr who identifies with not only what you want to accomplish but what you've been through to get there. He was very informative about what it would take to get our desired results. He genuinely cares for his patients. He called me himself a couple of times to check in about how I was handling the very frequent long drives to get to the offices, when we were impatiently waiting for my pregnancy test result to come in and after I became pregnant. I never felt like I was being talked down to the way lot of Dr's can make you feel.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
I would recommend Dr Forman to anyone. You can trust him completely with your care.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
I was concerned that I would feel like a number and not a human because RMA is such a large clinic with many locations and patients. But I never felt that way. I was treated very well. I never felt like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
My nurse could not have been better. She was very friendly, knowledgeable, understanding, organized, prompt and thorough.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Very early monitoring hours with many different offices. You sign in and wait your turn. Usually the wait time was not long. I never felt rushed during my exams.
IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Forman is extremely cautious about medications. He doesn't want you to have 40 eggs to get the best selection, he wants you to be healthy throughout the entire process...Dr. Forman is both kind and direct. He gives you his honest opinions and is very clear about what the process will look like. I never felt like another number and always felt that Dr. Forman cared about getting pregnant.
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Dr. Forman is a fantastic doctor. The fertility process is extremely emotional and physically taxing. I always felt that I was in great hands. If you are looking for a great doctor to lead you through this process, make sure to see Dr. Forman--I would recommend him to any of my closest friends and family.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
You definitely will feel like a number when you go in for blood draws at RMA. I found the nurses and phlembotomists at the Basking Ridge location to be much kinder. When you do the early morning blood draws, it also moves pretty quickly. I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Forman in Morristown and then going out to Basking Ridge for any other needs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Go to the Basking Ridge office for monitoring. Much more civil of an experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I believe it was around $10,000. We ended up not freezing any embryos so the cost was less. RMA has you pay upfront, and then you receive money back if you don't end up using services--it's definitely a plus to receive money back.
5 Eggs Frozen
He remembered the details of my case (divorced, freezing eggs, low AMH, specifics about my work)...Dr. Forman is soft-spoken and has an extremely calm and non-anxious presence. Sometimes he came across a bit detached, but I never felt uncared for. He did my egg retrieval and helped calm me when I became anxious and teary on the table. He is not super warm and fuzzy but that was fine as I needed him to help me maintain reasonable expectations.
5 Eggs Frozen
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
He is an excellent doctor with a very kind affect.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Given my age, AMH, and TSH levels, we pursued an aggressive treatment plan. He helped me keep my expectations reasonable during the process. Based on the results of my first egg retrieval and his recommendations, I am in the process of another cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Michelle is wonderful. Funny and kind and talked me through every step. I couldn't ask for more.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is not a small place. You don't know which doctor you will see. Sometimes it can be crowded during monitoring hours and you can feel like you are in a factory. But it runs extremely smoothly!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Super efficient and well-run. I was usually in and out in 20 minutes. The lab staff was especially great. Everyone is super friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
My egg freezing cycle was $8150 and my meds were $300 (covered by insurance). The second round will be $5000 because I hit my deductible.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr Forman is the most attentive doctor I've ever known. The process is so nerve racking and emotional and Dr Forman made us feel like he was right there with us every step of the way. I could email him with any concerns, questions or worries I was having and he would always get back to me so quickly, sometimes within minutes! He even emailed with me when I was worried about spotting in early pregnancy from his vacation in Hawaii! Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable and thorough and I always felt that my treatment was in the best hands. I'm now 17 weeks pregnant with our baby girl and we will always have Dr. Forman to thank. I also referred my best friend to Dr. Forman and she had success with him in the first cycle. We both refer to him as a miracle worker!...
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
That the journey will be filled with ups and downs and there will be times when you want to give up. But if you trust Dr. Forman and give him time to get to know your indivuldual case and body, he will never steer you wrong.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr Forman always took the time to respond to my emails so quickly even on nights and weekends. He knew how nerve racking the process was and always did his best to communicate with me as often as possible.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They have everything down to an exact science and the clinic is very well run. I was extremely happy with them.
2013 - 2016
We had a great experienced with Dr. Forman..I was impressed with his knowledge and always on top of the latest in medicine advances. He was able to rule out different options of treatment as we tried several times. He never have up and propsed a unique course of action to which we owe being pregnant now...Dr. Forman was always very honest and cautios setting expectations but he never gave up on our case.and always proposed different alternatives of treatment during the many times we tried.
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
We had a great experienced with Dr. Forman..I was impressed with his knowledge and always on top of the latest in medicine advances. He was able to rule out different options of treatment as we tried several times. He never have up and propsed a unique course of action to which we owe being pregnant now. Still a few weeks to go buy hoping for the best.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Be patient and while you may think he's a bit quite he will always care for your best interest. Also always try to keep hope and think for your self what is best to do. He will never tell younehat to do so try to force him to give you strong recomendations as sometimes I felt that I just needed him to tell us what would be best.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
To many to describe to be honest..but the best, although painful, was the ERA test. It allows to determine the window of implantation for a personalized embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Christine was adorable, and very on top of things. She really showed that she cared.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Very knowledgeable but the finance department is a mess and the worst.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Very high but fortunately had insurance..but out of pocket was still very high...
Morristown
I only saw Dr. Forman for consultation in the beginning of the process. After the initial meetings I only dealt with other staff members. RMA is like a factory but they get the job done...Dr Forman was fine. A little on the dry side but he explained everything well and got the job done in the time frame laid out. So overall the process went well...If you want someone who is honest and blunt, he will get the process moving...
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
His personality is just a little on the dry side so if you're looking for a warm and fuzzy doctor to lead you through this process, he may not be right for you. If you want someone who is honest and blunt, he will get the process moving.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
We set up appointments to allow for a transfer of frozen embryo. There was a few preliminary appointments of blood work and other necessary testing to make sure the transfer would go smoothly.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Joyce was very helpful during this process to give treatment plan and guidance through appointments.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is clean, organized, available. It does feel a little like a factory when you get shuffled through morning monitoring but they accomplish the treatment plan without any setbacks for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
It was all billed through my insurance so I just paid my portion through coinsurance for my treatments. We did have to pay out of pocket for the genetic testing of our embryos which was approximately $5000
Somerset
Dr. Forman was great, he took his time to explain my condition and create a plan just for me. He was monitoring my treatments and communicated with the nurses to provide the best care possible. Dr. Forman diagnosed me with PCOS which caused my infertility, this was easily treated. It took me 3 IUI's and 1 year to finally get pregnant. I am now 8 weeks and 4 days and my baby is growing healthy and happy. Thank you Dr. Forman for giving us our little miracle...
Describe your experience with your nurse.
My nurse Joyce was great. She always called me the same day with the results, instructions, and any questions I needed answered. She was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all my questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
My insurance covered most of my treatments, I was responsible for copays and 20% of insurance.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
I trusted Dr Forman and I have a son because of him. I referred my best friend and business partner to him and now she has a son because of him. There is no one else I would trust to try to have another child, dr Forman selected the embryo. After the transfer I went to California on a vacation and he helped me find a quest lab and an emergency walk in clinic if needed that he could provide info to if my progesterone levels did not continue to rise. I am not sure all physicians give their patients that kind of treatment.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
I would say that Dr Forman is soft spoken but he is smart and he cares.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
He always returned my phone calls and emails and was available for in person questions.
I do not recall those details
Describe your experience with your nurse.
She told me information I did not want to know and I was very upset.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The front end staff are not that warm. The phlebotomist were amazing. The nurses need to remember to be compassionate! During my second retrieval I passed out and it seemed to bother the nurses that I was still needing to be cared for during their lunch!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
It was ok bc phlebotomist were amazing
$15,000.00
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr Eric Forman] was an extremely knowledgeable and caring Doctor. It is very evident that he cares deadly for his patients and wants to see their treatment successful....He was always available to answer all questions and was very caring. He called me on a Sunday when I found out we only had one viable embryo. He understands the emotional pain infertility causes and is there to listen to you cry but still keeps you hopeful.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
He was an extremely knowledgeable and caring Doctor. It is very evident that he cares deadly for his patients and wants to see their treatment successful.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Seek treatment sooner than later and trust his advise.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
He only tried two rounds of IUI because of my history. Moving to IVF a bit quicker than normal because he felt IUI may not work. He was right and I guess you could say didn't waist our time.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
She was always available and returned all calls quickly. She was easy to talk to and explained everything fully
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The facilities are beautiful and all most all testing is done there. The moitoring hours are before work so time missed is minimized
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Moitoring was convenient and the wait was usually minimal
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Most was covered by insurance. About $100 in copays and $5,000 in genetic testing.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Forman has been an absolute pleasure to work with. Unlike other doctors we consulted with and worked with, he was absolutely compassionate, informative, supportive, caring, and provided us with individualized treatment specific for our needs. He is an excellent physician and I would recommend him to anymore struggling with infertility!...
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
You are receiving the best possible care in the hands of Dr. Forman.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Of the doctors and nurses my husband and I worked with during this very difficult period, Dr. Forman was the most considerate and compassionate physician we had the pleasure of working with.
We underwent 2 IVF cycles using HGH and the standard fertility medications. In the first cycle we froze 1 day 5 embryo (because of travel) and from the second we transferred a fresh day 5 embryo and froze the remaining 2 day 5 embryos. The fresh transfer resulted in our beautiful son.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Our nurse and the staff at RMA were excellent.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
We are very pleased with the level of care we received at RMA. We chose this location after very careful consideration and research, and a poor experience at another NC clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
The monitoring window worked great for us.
Morristown
Dr Forman was always so responsive and he went above and beyond to make sure I received the best care. He would call or email me to answer my questions. He was always reachable and took the time to listen to all my concerns. He definitely cared about me and my success...I had 1egg retrieval (4 eggs retrieved) resulted in 4 embryos. 1st was a fresh transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2nd was a frozen transfer resulted in a pregnancy...Don't hesitate to call/email him questions or concerns. He always gets back to you quickly!
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
I am so grateful to Dr. Forman. He was very responsive with all my questions & concerns. I really felt he truly cared about me and my success. He is an outstanding doctor. I trusted him with his care and he made the right decisions for me. I highly recommend him!
Describe your experience with your nurse.
She was my therapist and nurse. She was so amazing. I felt so comfortable with her and always felt she was upfront and honest but also compassionate. I love her!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I had a really good experience overall.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Depending on the day. Most of the time it was within an hour.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I was in a study so my costs were not too extreme.
4 IVF, Donor Sperm
We have had a great experience being treated by Dr. Forman. We always felt very calm in his presence, we never felt pressured. We always felt as if we were his only patients being treated in this period of time. Every question or concern was always addressed and answered. Any problem that came up during treatment was always solved in the best way, without us feeling or knowing that there was a problem at all. Dr. Forman us always calm, patient and friendly. It was a pleasure ti be treated by Dr Forman!
4 IVF, Donor Sperm
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Be open with your doctor, ask any question or let him know of any concern you have. You will always be answered and reassured by Dr. Forman and get the right advise.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
We came from overseas to be treated by doctor Forman. Everything was new for us, yet Dr. Forman made us feel so looked after. He treated us as if we were the only patients he has. He told us we can email him with whatever question we had, and every email was answered within a very short time. All this has helped us to stay calm because we felt so looked after in the best way possible!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was excellent. Always running on time
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
I cannot say enough how lucky I feel to have found Dr Forman. We switched clinics (adding 1-2 hours to our commute) because I had read such great reviwes of Dr Forman and our high expectations were completely exceeded. Dr Forman was extremely accessible - I emailed and called him frequently with long lists of questions and he always responded thoroughly and extremely quickly. I have never before had a dr who will email directly with a patient, and Dr Forman did so regularly. My husband and I felt very confident for the first time in our journey to be parents that we had a doctor who cared about us and was giving our case very individualized care. He recommended testing that a previous doctor had not and discovered new aspects for our care. I cannot recommend Dr Forman enough - not only was I MUCH more calm during this IVF process with him than I was at our previous clinic due to his communication and patience, but we also had success with him and are currently (very early on) pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Jenn is wonderful to work with. She was so quick via phone and email and was completely on top of my care. She would tell me she was going to call and remind me for certain things (like stop birth control pre treatment) and she always called for the reminder. She is very compassionate and professional.
2016 - 2016
3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Forman was very accessible via email and was very thoughtful about my medical history, past treatments, and what treatment protocol options are. He used fewer medications than other clinics and achieved the same level of output. He was more hands on than doctors at other clinics. His science and his bedside manner are both top notch...He gives detailed attention to the patient's history and takes the time to discuss various treatment alternatives...
2016 - 2016
Investor
3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
As with anyone, ask questions
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Forman is thoughtful, thorough, compassionate and accessible. He gives detailed attention to the patient's history and takes the time to discuss various treatment alternatives.
Estrace prep, 300 follistim, 150 menopur, 3 days' omnitrope, ganirelex
Great
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
~$9,000 for stim and egg retrieval, ~$1,000 for medications, ~$5,000 for genetic testing package (multi-cycle). Because I am not in New Jersey, monitoring was done by a separate clinic with separate charges
2013
For every cycle there is an improvement and doctor [Dr. Eric Forman] clearly explained the procedures before every treatment. Doctor promptly replies to every question in email. Takes very good care. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.... In between cycle he made sure that everything is good before the treatment cycle. E.g.- even when there is one polyp , he wanted to get rid of that..... Monitoring hours are good with little wait times for ultrasound
2013
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
Doctor is very caring and discussed every treatment in detail and the potential risks. For every cycle there is some improvement ! In between cycle he made sure that everything is good before the treatment cycle. E.g.- even when there is one polyp , he wanted to get rid of that. Before the cycle. We feel we are in safe hands with the doctor.
Trust the doctor !
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
For every cycle there is an improvement and doctor clearly explained the procedures before every treatment. Doctor promptly replies to every question in email. Takes very good care. Couldn't ask for a better doctor .we felt very comfortable with the doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Clinic is good especially morning monitoring is very helpful as we can plan for office accordingly. We loved the basking ridge clinic a lot . Feels like home
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring hours are good with little wait times for ultrasound
Mostly covered by insurance. IUI - $2400 IVF - $4500
Morristown
Dr Forman [at RMA of New Jersey] took the time to review my history and discuss it with me thoroughly before beginning my treatment. He valued my opinion and took it into consideration when we decided which path to take. He remembered me when I was in his office and made me feel very comfortable. I had a great experience with Dr. Forman. He was very patient and always explained everything thoroughly. He made the experience as seamless as possible and was very sensitive to my emotions.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. He will definitely listen and make changes if necessary.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr Forman took the time to review my history and discuss it with me thoroughly before beginning my treatment. He valued my opinion and took it into consideration when we decided which path to take. He remembered me when I was in his office and made me feel very comfortable.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is very organized. The wait times were minimal and the hours are fantastic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
I didn't pay much for my treatment. Insurance covered most of it.
IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Forman] was thorough, calming and made you feel comfortable. The first FET didn't stick, well... it was a chemical pregnancy. After that he gave me his cell phone number and consulted with me on the next steps for a successful round. You don't get that much from doctors so I really appreciate it. He seemed like he truly cared. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!
IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
He was thorough, calming and made you feel comfortable. The first FET didn't stick, well... it was a chemical pregnancy. After that he gave me his cell phone number and consulted with me on the next steps for a successful round. You don't get that much from doctors so I really appreciate it. He seemed like he truly cared. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr Forman would spend time with you... We did a frozen embryo transfer with frozen embryos from NYU. He would call be back after hours on his cell if I had a question- very comforting
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Nice to be assigned to one nurse- but then she left abruptly, which was odd. But was picked up by another immediately
3 IUI, 6 IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Eric Forman] was very honest and candid while still respecting my wishes during the process. He helped me to consider donor eggs and now I am the mother to two children. I could not be happier with my experience. He is very knowledgeable and professional. I put my full trust in him...28,000 for 2 cycles 23,000 for 2 donor egg cycles under program...Sheila was very helpful and supportive. I felt that she was empathic in our journey
3 IUI, 6 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Eric Forman?
He was very honest and candid while still respecting my wishes during the process. He helped me to consider donor eggs and now I am the mother to two children. I could not be happier with my experience. He is very knowledgeable and professional. I put my full trust in him.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Just listen to his advice
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
He treated me with respect and consideration
We tried to maximize egg quality and quantity. We tried hgh. Finally had success with donor eggs
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Very busy. Sometimes long wait times. Overall staff is friendly and supportive
Long wait times
28,000 for 2 cycles 23,000 for 2 donor egg cycles under program
Morristown
He [Dr. Forman] and his staff [RMA of NJ] were always available to me and willing to answer my questions. They didn't make me feel inferior or dumb for not knowing details or what certain things meant...I wouldn't say he exuded warmth but he did care. Dr. Forman is knowledgeable and realistic. He didn't give me false hopes. I found him easy to understand...They are organized and knowledgeable. Ask questions and get to know options and resources available to you!
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman?
Ask questions if you don't understand. He is there to help you. Do some research so you can have a good dialogue with him and so you know more of what is available to you.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
He and his staff were always available to me and willing to answer my questions. They didn't make me feel inferior or dumb for not knowing details or what certain things meant.
I don't remember
Describe your experience with your nurse.
All were nice and knowledgeable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman.
Expensive but worth it . Insurance was great but copays suck