Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolSUNY Downstate
ResidencyDuke
FellowshipRWJ Rutgers
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Eric Forman to a friend?
9.8

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
I had Katrina and Tiffany as nurses. They did their jobs well. Even the nurses who draw blood exhibited a great standard of care. Peri, the Egg Donor Program Coordinator, is especially great. She was incredibly helpful and reliable.... I can't recommend this clinic (Columbia) enough. The only things that I would hope for other to avoid are things that they can't necessarily control. 1) Make sure your procedures are pre-authorized well in advance. Speak with your insurance yourself and know for sure that pre-autho went through.
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman listened to my concerns and is very good with first time IVF patients. Nothing was too small for his attention and he’s always doing his best for you. He consistently went above and beyond for me the entire time I was in his care. A perfect example of this was when I had expressed how much I wanted him to perform the actual IVF procedure rather than another doctor from the clinic. The day of the procedure, it wasn’t guaranteed that he could make it but he rushed to the clinic and made it happen. I actually teared up when I saw him. These things mean the world to women who have no control over their bad fortune. He and his team understood that these things mattered and what a difference it makes when your concerns are taken seriously. Even the front desk and nurses who draw blood exhibited the same standard of care. Peri, the Egg Donor Program Coordinator, is especially great. She was incredibly helpful and reliable. I can’t recommend Columbia University Fertility Center enough.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
I do not have a uterus but still have my ovaries. IVF, creating and freezing embryos and using a gestational carrier was the only strategy. It was all pretty straight forward for everyone. I declined using birth control because I had LH test strips to tell me approximately when my first day of cycle would be. He then monitored my blood work until we knew when to start everything. My injectables were Menopur, Gonal F & Cetrotide.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I can't recommend this clinic enough. The only things that I would hope for other to avoid are things that they can't necessarily control. 1) Make sure your procedures are pre-authorized well in advance. Speak with your insurance yourself and know for sure that pre-autho went through. 2) One of the third party companies that they work with, Igenomix that is used for PGS testing, relies on your IVF doctor to explain things that I believe should be their responsibility. The only thing that the clinic can do to help avoid a lot of frustration when it comes to finding out your results from Igenomix is to explain to their patients that 1) Currently, NY state law does not does not allow companies like Igenomix to disclose mosaic results 2) Explain that mosaic results from Igenomix are handled differently and how. 3) Interpret the results from Igenomix completely for the patient before they try to do it for themselves with an Igenomix rep. Again, all things that I believe Igonmix should explain before someone uses their services considering it has to do with their results and the service that your paying them to do, not the clinic. Igenomix should be saying, “You should know that that NY State law prevents us from disclosing information about mosaics…”, “this is how we outline our results. we conclude mosaic embryos are also abnormal embryos so you wouldn’t use them anyway… (paraphrasing that last part… that’s not exactly right)..”, “This is how you interpret our results, here is an example”.
2019 - 2020
We finally decided to start treatment again in NY with Dr Forman and the first test he did was ERA to check why I had to FET that failed in the past .... results: I needed one a day of medication! He took the time to go over everything and realized that was the piece of the puzzle missing from the other clinic!...I have to say that Dr Forman took the time to explain everything in details and he would even email us when he was not in the office to check if we were ok or congratulate us for the results. The treatment we received was excellent. Before going to Columbia I was treated by a fertility clinic in NJ and I could definitely “feel” the difference between clinics. I did not mind driving all the way from to NJ even for a morning monitoring because I knew I was in good hands and when you go thru this you want to make sure your Doctor is the best !
My nurse [at Columbia] was Christine and she was excellent... took the time to explain things in detailed and always answered all my questions (I had a lot!) My case coordinator was Gertrude and she was great! Always a smile on her face and making sure we were ok!...The clinic was excellent! Always trying to schedule my appointments according to my needs considering I was coming from NJ and phone calls or emails were answered right away!! The technology and everything on yo ur application make things easier for patients!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
No words can express how grateful I am to have Dr. Forman and his amazing team care for me during my IVF journey. Everyone was so caring and detail oriented every step of the way. Dr. Forman collaborates with the patient and the nursing/lab team to provide efficient, timely results. I would highly recommend this center for any friends and family wishing to start a family. Dr Forman takes care of his patients in a way that I have never seen it before. He will email/call even when he was away just to check on us!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Listen to him and don’t doubt him... he definitely knows what he is doing. But even if you have any questions, he will always answer you!
Dr Forman was my first IVF doctor in NJ but the. He moved to NY. We figured we could stay in the NJ clinic because it would be the same ... we were wrong! We finally decided to start treatment again in NY with Dr Forman and the first test he did was ERA to check why I had to FET that failed in the past .... results: I needed one a day of medication! He took the time to go over everything and realized that was the piece of the puzzle missing from the other clinic!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine A. Helbo )
My nurse was Christine and she was excellent... took the time to explain things in detailed and always answered all my questions (I had a lot!) My case coordinator was Gertrude and she was great! Always a smile on her face and making sure we were ok!
Columbia University

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University.

2018 - 2020
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I trusted Dr. Forman's suggestion on transferring a single embryo for my first IVF cycle and it was successful...was always kind, respectful, and took his time explaining all procedures to my husband and I. He never made us feel rushed at any point, and he took his time to answer all our questions. He made sure we understood the pros and cons of all the procedures before they were done...goes above and beyond to provide quality care for his patients. He always addresses my question and concerns since our very first meeting. He explains all procedures in detail and makes sure you understand the pros and cons before it is done. He never forces any procedures on you, he suggests it, gives you all the information, and lets you decide if you want to take that approach. Because of the quality work and great advice from Dr. Forman, I now have a healthy baby boy.
Nurse Christine[at Columbia University] is amazing. She always delivers the results by phone or email as soon as it becomes available. She is also available to answer any questions or concerns, if not she usually gets back to you as soon as she can...Overall, Columbia fertility is a wonderful place. As you exit the elevator you are greeted with friendly smiles from the front desk employees which makes you feel welcome. The office is bright, clean, and comfortable with complimentary refreshments. The wait time to be seen is very short.
2018 - 2020
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
There aren't enough words to describe how amazing Dr. Eric Forman is. He is kind, very compassionate, extremely knowledgable, great communication, and he handles all procedures with great attention and care. Dr. Forman goes above and beyond to provide quality care for his patients. He always addresses my question and concerns since our very first meeting. He explains all procedures in detail and makes sure you understand the pros and cons before it is done. He never forces any procedures on you, he suggests it, gives you all the information, and lets you decide if you want to take that approach. Because of the quality work and great advice from Dr. Forman, I now have a healthy baby boy.
Ask all the questions.
Dr. Forman was always kind, respectful, and took his time explaining all procedures to my husband and I. He never made us feel rushed at any point, and he took his time to answer all our questions. He made sure we understood the pros and cons of all the procedures before they were done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo)
Nurse Christine is amazing. She always delivers the results by phone or email as soon as it becomes available. She is also available to answer any questions or concerns, if not she usually gets back to you as soon as she can.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at Columbia University.
Insurance covered the cost
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.

2019 - 2020
During that retrieval, Dr. Forman did a scratch test to see if there was any inflammation in my uterine lining. There was a few plasma cells found, so I took an antibiotic for that. We also went back and figured out which protocol provided my thickest lining and we decided menopur and Gonal f would gain the best lining for me...was ALWAYS available. Whether it was to vent or ask small questions, there was always an email in return. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I traveled in from northern NJ to see him and he was always considerate for that too.
She [nurse at Columbia] constantly returned my phone calls to answer all my questions and keep me calm. I can’t say enough good things...Columbia is gorgeous! Everything is clean and everyone when you walk in is friendly and helpful. Every one who ever drew my blood got to know me and made me feel super comfortable. The sonographers were informative and knowledgeable. I was always able to get in contact with someone to answer my question.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
The level of contact and patience he had for me as a patient goes above and beyond any other doctor I’ve ever seen. From the moment we met, I felt totally comfortable and respected any decisions Dr. Forman suggested as my course of treatment.
Ask questions and always be your own advocate no matter who your doctor is.
Dr. Forman was ALWAYS available. Whether it was to vent or ask small questions, there was always an email in return. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I traveled in from northern NJ to see him and he was always considerate for that too.
For all 3 IUIs we did letrozole to stimulate follicles. Then I was the one who volunteered to proceed to IVF. For the first egg retrieval, we used menopur and Gonal F. Then we added centrotide and triggered with HCG. For those frozen transfers, we did estradiol to thicken my lining and then progesterone in oil. After 1 miscarriage and 2 failed transfers, we decided to do a second egg retrieval. This was the same protocol. During that retrieval, Dr. Forman did a scratch test to see if there was any inflammation in my uterine lining. There was a few plasma cells found, so I took an antibiotic for that. We also went back and figured out which protocol provided my thickest lining and we decided menopur and Gonal f would gain the best lining for me. This was a natural cycle that I triggered a follicle and used progesterone suppositories instead of the oil. That’s what did the trick!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Christine and Gertrude are also amazing people. Christine is always so happy and positive. She constantly returned my phone calls to answer all my questions and keep me calm. I can’t say enough good things about these two women. They’re super respectful, professional, and compassionate with patients.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I have amazing insurance as a teacher so everything was covered except for genetic testing of embryos and cryopreservation. The biopsy was $2500 per retrieval and $100 per month for storage.
I always wanted to have one child at a time and Dr. Forman is a big advocate for it, so it was perfect for us.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Forman has a calm, dry manner of presenting information. Personally, I appreciated that, as I found it very clear, but I could imagine someone else finding it slightly cold. My advice would be to get to know the doctor and give him a chance. ... Dr. Forman clearly explained all options. He patiently answered our questions. He was available to answer follow-ups over email, and responded to those very quickly. He was compassionate at all of our visits. I was glad that he was able to do the egg retrieval.
On the whole, I found everything [at Columbia University] very well run. My only note is that I needed to follow up on prescriptions being called in on time on two occasions. ... My primary nurse is Christine Helbo. She has been a great help--responsive and dealt with issues with the pharmacy in a timely way to make sure there was no interruption of my medication protocol. My care coordinator Gertrude Wilfred was professional and compassionate. Very well organized, and kept everything running smoothly. The rest of the staff--nurses, doctors, phlebotomists, technicians--were all very professional, helpful, and kind.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman has a calm, dry manner of presenting information. Personally, I appreciated that, as I found it very clear, but I could imagine someone else finding it slightly cold. My advice would be to get to know the doctor and give him a chance. He is a very kind and thoughtful person, just a bit of an introvert. :)
Dr. Forman was happy to explain everything about the treatment to me and to discuss our expectations. He also helped schedule treatments around my work travel schedule. He is always available to answer questions over email.
We first tried IUI with Clomid and Ovidrel. The second IUI we used Letrozole (and Ovidrel for trigger). Both were negative preg tests. Given my age (38) and my partners sperm quality (not horrendous, but not great), we then moved on to IVF. For the stimulation, we did Follistim (150/night) and Menopur (75/night) for 7 days (Follistim was upped to 200/night for the last three days). For the 6th and 7th days, I also took Ganirelix. On day 8, I did my trigger shot, and retrieval was morning of day 10. I think part of the rationale for the doses was my good ovarian reserve/AMH levels. 8 eggs were retrieved; 4 were mature; 2 were fertilized; and 1 made it to day 5 (blastocyst, good morphology). We did PGT for that one and it was normal. (Now just waiting for treatments to begin again before transferring.)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is very well organized. I have heard negative descriptions from former patients, but my experience has been positive. On the whole, I found everything very well run. My only note is that I needed to follow up on prescriptions being called in on time on two occasions.
My insurance covered about half of IUI costs. I believe out-of-pocket costs were about $450. For IVF, my insurance didn't cover anything. Cost estimate was ~$17K for monitoring, retrieval/lab, cryo; ~4K for FET; PGT was paid to a separate lab ($250/embryo+shipping).
Dr. Forman's recommendation was for eSET, in part because we did PGT. We agreed with that approach.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
Unclear if it was the clinic or the pharmacy, but a prescription wasn't called in on one occasion.
Columbia University

The clinic itself [Columbia U] is clean and comfortable. The environment is one in which you feel comfortable.The only downfall is the morning monitoring. The timing sometimes conflict with my work schedule so if you have to be monitored before work I would suggest arriving as early as possible. They are however willing to accommodate you if you arrive after the monitoring window. The clinic is easily accessible in the city by various meth6 of transportation
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is very open about the treatment protocol. I underwent 3 transfers at a different clinic and neither resulted in pregnancy. I was frustrated and seeking advice from someone other then the doctor o was seeing who's only recommendation was to proceed with another embryo transfer w/o knowing why they kept failing. Dr. Forman was the only person I encountered who opened up other options for me.
Eric Forman may seem standoffish but I've come to realize that's just his personality. He seems a bit of an introvert. He does however know fertility and takes extra care to ensure you feel comfortable. Without Dr. Forman offering other options I would never have come to learn new things about myself and my fertility.
Eric Forman was very open and honest during our consultation and I didnt feel like he was reciting a speech like every other doctor. Dr. Forman goes out of his was to answer all emails and questions even on Sundays when no one van be reached. I appreciate his transparency.
I've just recently started seeing Dr. Forman however I already feel comfortable with him. After multiple failed transfers he was the only person who offered me an option. Instead of pushing me to proceed with another transfer that could potentially fail and result in losing my last embryo he suggested an new test to measure my receptivity to the transfers and it turns out that I needed more time on progesterone than my previous doctor was aware of. All of my transfers were being done too soon.
The nurses are always kind and always seem to put my nerves at ease.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic itself is clean and comfortable. The environment is one in which you feel comfortable.The only downfall is the morning monitoring. The timing sometimes conflict with my work schedule so if you have to be monitored before work I would suggest arriving as early as possible. They are however willing to accommodate you if you arrive after the monitoring window. The clinic is easily accessible in the city by various meth6 of transportation so finding it isnt a problem.
I've only done testing this far but I believe s round of IVF was quoted around 16K.
Dr. Forman advised that because of my age I should only transfer 1 embryo. We havent gotten to the tra sfer process yet but I trust his judgment and if the next transfer fails he said he is open to discussing the possibility of transferring more then one.
Columbia University

I never felt like a number with Dr Forman. At the beginning of your treatment he sits down with you and takes a long time to explain everything. You never get the sense that his mind is elsewhere. I will admit that during IUI cycles, we got a bit less of his attention....Once we made the decision to start IVF I did feel we got a bit more attention from Dr Forman... Dr Forman is very blunt. Not in a mean way, he certainly is very compassionate, but you can tell he is a man with an analytical mind.
The space [Columbia U] is very beautiful and feels high end, which I appreciate since you really do spend so much time there. It’s nice that they have a clean and modern office. The front desk staff had a few hiccups. One of the receptionists had a nervous laugh which always felt insensitive given the gravity of what we’re dealing with. There can be a lot of chatter and giggles at the front desk sometimes, which also feels inappropriate given their surroundings.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr Forman is very blunt. Not in a mean way, he certainly is very compassionate, but you can tell he is a man with an analytical mind. He never inflated probabilities and was always honest about what the chances for complication were. He is readily available by email and phone if needed. I always felt that we were dealing with a very smart man and that we were in good hands
Don’t expect a ton of attention with regards to the IUIs. Dr Forman even admitted to me that they don’t expect them to work (which I had always suspected, anyway.) however, with regards to IVF he takes it much more seriously
I never felt like a number with Dr Forman. At the beginning of your treatment he sits down with you and takes a long time to explain everything. You never get the sense that his mind is elsewhere. I will admit that during IUI cycles, we got a bit less of his attention. I think this is probably standard and I had to remind myself that while this is my entire world, he is dealing with many patients. Once we made the decision to start IVF I did feel we got a bit more attention from Dr Forman
I have unexplained infertility. The only hiccup in my bloodwork was borderline hypothyroid, so we started on Synthroid right away. For my first cycle we did clomid and an IUI. My uterine lining was thin as a side effect of the clomid so for the second cycle we switched to letrozole. After we decided to try IVF we did an SHG test. I had done an HSG 6 months prior, but he wanted to make sure everything looked normal before starting IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Like Dr Forman himself, Christine becomes a bit more available when you decide to do IVF. she is very sweet and compassionate, but can sometimes be hard to chase down
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The space is very beautiful and feels high end, which I appreciate since you really do spend so much time there. It’s nice that they have a clean and modern office. The front desk staff had a few hiccups. One of the receptionists had a nervous laugh which always felt insensitive given the gravity of what we’re dealing with. There can be a lot of chatter and giggles at the front desk sometimes, which also feels inappropriate given their surroundings. Sometimes I was told by the doctor or nurse that the front desk would have information that they didn’t and I felt like the front desk would rely on me to know what it was I needed to sign or pay for. I think the staff at the front could use a little extra sensitivity and professionalism training.
IUIs were $660 flat. We had no IVF coverage so it was about $14,000
Dr Forman doesn’t believe in transferring multiples in my age range. He says the risk of miscarriage and complication is higher and I believe him
Columbia University

I felt that Dr. Forman actually knew me as an individual. He remembered and acknowledged details about both my medical history and personal life. He took time to write me emails on his own time to check in with how I was feeling when my husband and I received negative news after a TESE procedure....I would say Dr. Forman leans more towards the blunt end of sharing clinical information and doesn’t shield his patients from any potential risks or poor outcomes that can be scary to hear. If it seems off-putting initially, just know he truly does care and made that known to me through his diligent follow up and never forgetting any details of my case.
The clinic [Columbia] is beautiful, newly renovated and clean. I usually did not have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. The workers at the front desk and friendly and happy to assist with any issues/concerns...They [nursing staff] were very compassionate and quick to share results. They also responded quickly to any questions/concerns sent via email... I do not have any insurance coverage but thus far am pleased with the lack of excess charges I’ve received. I think costs are consistent with the average and I’m still waiting for some bills to roll in. However they helped when they could and even waived one charge.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is not only kind and compassionate, but also extremely knowledgeable and does not leave any details to mystery. At times, his explanations felt verbose and overwhelming but I suppose that is a natural feeling in this situation. He is happy to answer any and all questions and will repeat information as much as you need him to. He is very easy to contact. He always let me know when he will be away and responds to emails within a few hours.
I completed one IUI cycle with Dr. Forman. I used Clomid followed by an Ovidrel injection prior to insemination. During this process I was frequently monitored by ultrasound to assess my eggs and blood hormone levels. This continued after a positive pregnancy result to monitor the embryo until I was discharged from his care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude Wilfred & Christine Helbo )
They were very compassionate and quick to share results. They also responded quickly to any questions/concerns sent via email.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is beautiful, newly renovated and clean. I usually did not have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. The workers at the front desk and friendly and happy to assist with any issues/concerns.
Unfortunately I do not have any insurance coverage but thus far am pleased with the lack of excess charges I’ve received. I think costs are consistent with the average and I’m still waiting for some bills to roll in. However they helped when they could and even waived one charge.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Forman absolutely takes the time to sit down with you hear your story and explain his hypothesis. Even before you start explaining, he shows he has studied your medical history thoroughly. When contacting him, he always know perfectly well who you and your partner are and is on top of thing 24-7.... He´s straightforward in a way in which you understand perfectly well what you are getting into and have realistic expectations of what´s to come. He explains every detail with patience and takes all the questions you want to ask.
Columbia University Fertility Center is absolutely great. The place itself is spacious, full of light, super clean. The staff have everything organized and coordinated perfectly. There can be days (Fridays) when it gets a bit crowded, but, in general, it´s rather calm and respect your times. I am very surprised with their punctuality and how well organized everything is.... The nursing team is great, they´re efficient, they make you feel safe and at ease.
European, Latino
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman takes time to evaluate and analyse each patient´s particular history and needs. He´s straightforward in a way in which you understand perfectly well what you are getting into and have realistic expectations of what´s to come. He explains every detail with patience and takes all the questions you want to ask. He´s very professional, serious, and gained our trust since day one.
Take advantage of the fact that he answers all his emails within an hour. Ask every doubt you have, he´ll be there.
We started out with a medium dose of Clomid, ater having tried Letrozole with my general Ob-Gyn before with no reaction at all. The response with Clomid was slow but there was a reaction and had my ovulation induced with Ovidrell and an IUI performed two days later. I am still waiting to know the results.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Until now, we have only spent about $2000 out of pocket, but our insurance is covering most of it, about 90% of it up until now.
We haven´t gotten to that on my case but he has pointed out that he prefers single ebryo tranfer to reduce risk of multiples.
Columbia University

Dr Forman was my 3rd fertility doctor after going to other IVF clinics in NYC. His level of personal attention and detail is amazing. He never rushes you and takes a lot of time to answer your questions. He really took a lot of time to understand why my IVF response was poor to make a customized plan for me ... Dr Forman took a lot of time to read through my reports and understand our case.
Overall, we had a great experience at Columbia. Strengths: you need to schedule your monitoring appointments, so I never waited too long for my ultrasound/ blood work, the front desk is very friendly and helpful and the clinic is very clean. Weaknesses: sometimes things can appear a bit disorganized here as they are so busy. They are also very simple and don't have any of the fluff like other clinics like bottled water, snacks, etc.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is truly amazing. I had previous IVF treatments at 2 different clinics across NYC and went to Dr Forman after being suggested to go for an egg donor with my previous clinic. Dr Forman took a lot of time to read through my reports and understand our case. During our 1st visit, he told us that we are too young and early in our journey to give up and can try different protocols. I went through 2 IVF cycles with Dr Forman and he changed the protocol during each cycle to try something new so that it could give me a fresh chance to get more embryos due to poor egg quality. Even when we were undergoing our transfer process, he insisted we try a natural cycle transfer protocol instead of doing the usual medicated ones to see if it helps increase our chances. Dr Forman's communication is immaculate! I never had to wait for more than an hour to get his response via email.
Listen carefully to what he says and trust his judgement and ability to try something new.
With my previous IVF cycle, I did not get any embryos due to poor egg quality. During our first IVF cycle, Dr Forman reduced the dose of Menopur for the first few days to help curb my estrogen levels since my eggs were maturing too early leading to poor egg quality. The cycle lasted a few more days but he wanted to ensure that the follicles were a good size and did not mature too early before retrieval. I was able to get 1 day 6 embryo from this cycle. With my 2nd IVF cycle, Dr Forman tried the long Lupron protocol to help improve egg quality. I was doing a micro dose of Lupron for about 2-3 weeks before starting actual IVF medication. This cycle gave us 2 embryos. We then did the ERA test since we had 2 failed transfer cycles with our very first IVF treatment at another clinic. Dr Forman wanted to make sure that we were transfering the embryo at the right time since some women have shifted windows of implantation. The test came back at the right window for previous transfers. Dr Forman then decided to do a natural cycle transfer for us to try something new and see if it works better with my body this time.
Christine was my nurse and care coordinator and she was great. She always followed up with my instructions on time and was very prompt with answering all my questions and putting in medication requests.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We went to Dr Forman after 2 IVF cycles at other clinics. So we had already met our deductible and out of pocket, so our insurance covered most of it. Some high level costs we paid for are: Medications - $900 Embryo freezing - $1200 Embryo thawing - $700 Monitoring - $250 (combining all co-pays) ERA test - $800 (not covered by insurance)
Dr Forman has a vert strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo if you are <35. I wanted to transfer all 3 embryos due to previous failed transfer but he strongly advocated for 1 embryo transfer since he thought it was very risky to transfer multiple ones.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman was a kind and gentle man who was incredibly well informed, well trained and handled all communications and procedures with great attention and care. From our initial meeting to our most recent, he has taken the time to review all our concerns, teach us the necessary science and let us work through the options. I feel we were in charge of the decision(s) we made and always felt I was informed.
Columbia Fertility is a wonderful practice. I felt like a dignified, respected patient. It wasn't like some clinics I have heard of where the lobby is always packed like some kind of baby-making factory. Everyone who works at the front desk is happy and helpful. The practice is clean/modern and well run.... Christine was a delight to work with. Very communicative throughout the process and kind during our many visits!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
IVF is always a choice. There is a huge amount of pressure, when seeing a fertility doctor, to get pregnant as soon as possible--but making each decision with your partner, without pressure from anyone else is very important.
Dr. Forman and his staff were very kind, informative, educated, clear and concise. They treated me just the way I treat others!
We elected not to move to IVF treatment just yet. My fiance has male factor infertility that could potentially be solved through surgery. As I am young and in good fertile health, we elected to wait to pursue IVF until after the surgery is complete and hopefully the sperm quality is much higher quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine and Gertrude)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Dr. Forman and his practice took our insurance. So the costs were not too bad for the variety of tests we needed. We didn't choose to pursue IVF just yet--so we weren't hit with the huge IVF+ bills.
Dr. Forman said he rarely transfers multiple embryos (only in extreme cases). At first I wasn't aware that single embryo transfer was preferred due to the increased risk to mother and child--but after learning a great amount during the course of our journey, I would not see a doctor who regularly practiced multiple embryo transfer.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman provided us with such individualized care! He has a great memory and remembers everything detail of your treatment. Whenever I had a question or concern, he would email me back usually within half an hour. Truly amazing for such a busy doctor!!...He is so calm and kind and was always honest with us but at the same time always gave us hope! He is very knowledgeable. We went to him after 3 chemical pregnancies. Dr. Forman suggested we try a “natural” transfer cycle, as my cycles are regular - and it worked!! No other doctor had ever suggested this. He is always available for questions and concerns and really treats you like a human being.
I would always be a nervous wreck at work waiting for my BHCG blood results but they [nurses at Columbia University] always emailed me back so quickly so I wouldn’t have to be nervous all day!...Clinic is brand new. Beautiful and very calm atmosphere. Lots of light and neutral colors. The exam rooms are clean and they give you actual cotton sheets to cover yourself with - not those paper ones. The receptionists and blood technicians were always friendly and lovely as well!...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is a genius! He is so calm and kind and was always honest with us but at the same time always gave us hope! He is very knowledgeable. We went to him after 3 chemical pregnancies. Dr. Forman suggested we try a “natural” transfer cycle, as my cycles are regular - and it worked!! No other doctor had ever suggested this. He is always available for questions and concerns and really treats you like a human being.
You will be in very good hands!
We did a supplemented natural frozen embryo transfer. Lining thickened on its own (without estrogen pills), triggered ovulation with Ovidrel and took progesterone suppositories 3x a day after that.
Our nurses Christine Helbo and Melissa Podolak were also amazing. I would always be a nervous wreck at work waiting for my BHCG blood results but they always emailed me back so quickly so I wouldn’t have to be nervous all day!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Visits covered by insurance (only kid copay) Out of pocket pay for transfer -about 2,600.
Dr. Forman supported either decision of 1 vs. 2 embryos as our embryos were untested - but my husband and I decided to transfer 1.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I did one IUI cycle with a double IUI (two IUIs performed 24 hours apart) with Letrozole and Progesterone suppositories. This was after having done 2 unsuccessful IUI cycles with Clomid. Dr. Forman said that he used Letrozole because it tends to work better with patients with endometriosis. I have not technically been diagnosed with endometriosis but its suspected because of a 3cm cyst on my right ovary that appears to be an endometrioma.
I loved every aspect of the Columbia Fertility clinic. It felt small and personalized without feeling overly exclusive or anything like that. I felt incredibly well taken care of at every step, like people recognized me and cared about ME specifically and were rooting for my success. Very very humanizing.... Christine was amazing! My interaction with her was primarily via email and she was incredibly responsive and helpful with all my questions.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is great, very measured and thoughtful. He's definitely reserved meaning he's cautious about being overly positive OR negative and really takes things one at a time. I wouldn't say that he and I are besties, but I did feel incredibly well taken care of at every step of the way and never EVER felt pressured to move forward faster than I was ready he for. Instead, my experience of Dr. Forman is that he's incredibly thorough and takes his time, meaning that he really considers the options, tries different things, and lets you decide what you're ready for.
Ask lots of questions! But also rest assured you're working with a great doctor. Oh and when they say you can email them they REALLY mean it, Dr. Forman and his nurse would get back to me SO fast even on weekends.
Dr. Forman and the whole Columbia Fertility center were SUCH a breath of fresh air. I had been going to RMA before where I very much felt like a number, not a human. At Columbia the office is small, the wait time is non-existent, and even though it can be busy it always felt, at every single step of the way, like every person cared about me and making sure that I was being taken care of in all ways, physically and emotionally. I really can't say enough good things. It was SUCH a good, relaxing, reassuring experience going there.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
$300 or so in insurance co-pays, VERY reasonably priced.
Columbia University

Dr Forman was amazing, he was realistic about the chances of conception through each step but also encouraging and supportive which kept us going during 2 rounds of IUI with negative pregnancy tests at the end of each. He thoroughly explained all the options and steps of all procedures. He made himself available by email which for me was my preferred method of communication and he responded extremely quickly to any questions I had. The egg retrieval and transfer went as smoothly as you could hope for, I couldn’t recommend him more.
Communication with the financial team [at Columbia University] has been challenging, it’s frequently hard to get a response even with follow up and we’ve had several issues with invoices. No issues with scheduling or any other administration...The nurses were great, I was always seen quickly...IUI was $700 flat and monitoring appointments were able to be billed through my insurance. We received a NY IVF grant, we paid $7000 up front and the balance of the monitoring appointments not covered were billed through my insurance.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Don’t hesitate, we are in love with our beautiful baby girl who wouldn’t be here without Dr Forman.
Dr Forman made sure we understood everything that was happening, he thoroughly explained all the procedure steps and he was directly available by email and phone for any questions I had during treatment. During transfer he made sure I had copies of the implantation scan and even gave me the egg dish to take home which I really appreciated, it made it feel less clinical.
My husband and I both went for fertility testing including blood tests, semen analysis and an HSG. We were diagnosed with male infertility but it was determined that IUI could still be successful. We had 2 rounds of IUI that resulted in 2 negative pregnancy tests. Following this we had 1 round of IVF with 3 day transfer which resulted in our baby girl. Dr Forman also referred my husband to a urologist who specializes in male fertility.
The nurses were great, I was always seen quickly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Communication with the financial team has been challenging, it’s frequently hard to get a response even with follow up and we’ve had several issues with invoices. No issues with scheduling or any other administration.
My insurance provided no coverage for fertility treatments.IUI was $700 flat and monitoring appointments were able to be billed through my insurance. We received a NY IVF grant, we paid $7000 up front and the balance of the monitoring appointments not covered were billed through my insurance.
The determination to do eSet vs multiple was made based on my age, we also only had 1 viable embryo following the retrieval.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman recommended and performed a single embryo transfer, but was open to transferring two embryos had we chosen not to do PGS...was always very attentive and empathetic, and addressed all our concerns. He always responded very quickly to our emails, and called us in person whenever there were important test results... He explained every step of the way including potential setbacks and risks as well as current research findings. Any question we had along the way he addressed right away by email. For the egg retrieval Dr. Forman came in to the office to perform the procedure himself, even though it was his day off.
We had 3 IUI cycles (1 single, 2 double) that were unsuccessful [at Columbia University]. IVF worked on the first try. We had a single frozen embryo transfer after ICSI and PGS...We were not happy with the nurse that was assigned to us during the first treatment cycle, but all the nurses we worked with later on were wonderful...Office staff misplaced consent forms twice and asked us to come in again to fill them out.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman was always very professional, while still showing compassion. He explained every step of the way including potential setbacks and risks as well as current research findings. Any question we had along the way he addressed right away by email. For the egg retrieval Dr. Forman came in to the office to perform the procedure himself, even though it was his day off.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Trust Dr. Forman's advice.
Dr. Forman was always very attentive and empathetic, and addressed all our concerns. He always responded very quickly to our emails, and called us in person whenever there were important test results.
We had 3 IUI cycles (1 single, 2 double) that were unsuccessful. IVF worked on the first try. We had a single frozen embryo transfer after ICSI and PGS.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Overall, staff at the clinic was friendly and created a welcoming atmosphere. The facility itself is modern and clean. The only problem we had was with the financial coordinator (T), who didn't follow through with what we had agreed on, and stopped answering her phone and emails. At some point we requested a different coordinator, and the issues were resolved.
Roughly $15,000 for 3 IUIs, and $25,000 for IVF.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman had carefully read our medical history before meeting with us....During the consultation, he took the time to listen to us, review any medical data we had brought with us, and explain various details of the anticipated procedures to us, weighing different options and providing a clear treatment plan tailored to our specific situation. ...he was eager to hear our story, and provided us with ample opportunities to ask any questions we might have. He also gave us his e-mail address and answered any e-mail within 24 hours.
The clinic actively takes part in research performed at Columbia University, which means that it remains at the forefront of the field. Treatments provided are state-of-the-art. Besides the expertise, sensitivity and kindness of the staff, the clinic facilities provide a welcoming surrounding...The care coordinator called a week before our first appointment to make sure that we submit our new patient questionnaire ahead of time, so that Dr. Forman would have the time to review our case before meeting with us. The nurse, Christine, was very helpful, providing us with a checklist of additional diagnostic tests required and talking us through the advantages and disadvantages of genetic testing. The nurse who took our blood was very diligent, competent, and friendly.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
When we left Dr. Forman's office, both my husband and I felt imbued with confidence that we were in good hands. He had taken the time to carefully review our medical history and data, and explained to us potential treatment paths with their advantages and disadvantages, concluding with the best option for our situation. All the while he was eager to hear our story, and provided us with ample opportunities to ask any questions we might have. He also gave us his e-mail address and answered any e-mail within 24 hours.
Dr. Forman had carefully read our medical history before meeting with us. On our first visit, a doctor in training attended our consultation, but before leading us into the room, Dr. Forman asked us in a sensitive manner whether this would be ok with us. It was clear that we had the choice to say no and that this would be accepted and respected. During the consultation, he took the time to listen to us, review any medical data we had brought with us, and explain various details of the anticipated procedures to us, weighing different options and providing a clear treatment plan tailored to our specific situation. He directly organized for us to meet with different members on his team to address various aspects of the treatment, and take blood samples for additional diagnostics. Everyone on his team was completely focused on us and our needs, and acted in a calm and efficient, yet supportive manner.
We are at the very beginning of treatment. Since my husband has azoospermia due to blockage, the anticipated treatment would require sperm extraction, egg extraction, ICSI, and finally IVF. Dr. Forman suggested not to perform both the sperm and egg extractions on the same day, in order to prevent me from having to undergo invasive treatment should the sperm extraction not yield the desired results. Dr. Forman also suggested some strategies to save both time and money, which was very much appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Dr. Forman suggested implanting a single embryo only, as he was confident that given my values this should not be a problem. He said that if we were to perform genetic testing on the embryo pre-implantation, this would allow us to determine whether any of the generated embryos might not be good for implantation, thus raising the chances to obtain a successful pregnancy after implanting just one embryo.

3 IUI, 4 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
tell Dr Forman everything like what works for you and what doesn't. He listens. Example: if you can't get to a scheduled appointment, let him know and he will make it work. Also to ask questions even if it doesn't makes sense, he will explain everything...Dr. Forman made me feel that I was important and not just another patient. He followed up with me through email, and whenever I had a question, he would respond right away. He was there for me throughout the process.
Strengths [at : There is hardly a line when checking in, I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bloodwork. And they are all friendly. Weaknesses: The clinic can use a little update especially the bathrooms...They were all very nice and they seem to know what they were all doing. They also know your name. They give you privacy. They confirm your name and birthdate. I would say it has gotten better.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
I am so proud to have him as my Doctor. I was about to give up on CWRC after several failed procedures. But I gave them another chance and met with Dr. Eric Forman. I told him how I felt about CWRC. He assured me that things were going to change. He spoke with confidence. He took his time to explain everything. And I really wanted to try having another baby and so I gave him a try. And then, our journey began, 4 months later, I was pregnant! Dr. Forman made sure that I had all the medications I needed. He kept in touch with me through email and I was shocked that he responded so quickly. I had so many questions and he answered all of them. He was patient with me. He's just an amazing Doctor, not because I became pregnant, but because I didn't feel like just another patient. I didn't feel like I was passed down from one doctor to another. He is absolutely wonderful!
I would tell a prospective patient to tell Dr Forman everything like what works for you and what doesn't. He listens. Example: if you can't get to a scheduled appointment, let him know and he will make it work. Also to ask questions even if it doesn't makes sense, he will explain everything.
This time around, by evaluating my previous procedures, Dr. Forman saw that I could take higher dosage but almost the same medication. The only different medication I've received from Dr. Forman is the the pregesterone. Instead of the normal pills, I was given pregesterone in sesame oil. I was also seeing Dr. Forman almost every week during the process and made sure that my bloodwork is all good. I was basically monitored closely which I think helped in the whole process to see how my body is reacting to the treatment.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths: There is hardly a line when checking in, I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bloodwork. And they are all friendly. Weaknesses: The clinic can use a little update especially the bathrooms.
I had insurance that covered everything except for Freezing of the embryos.

1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
You never feel like a number with Dr Forman. He takes the time to answer all your questions - even if you have million questions. He's always available by email. He is genuinely interested in your success and remembers your specific diagnosis/situation...Very smart and on top of cutting edge research. And excellent bed side manner...We did ICSI And PGS due recurrent pregnancy lost. We did two retrieval cycles for the purpose of storing embryos for the future. We did a single 6 day embryo frozen transfer which stuck. I'm currently 12 weeks.
Samantha [nurse at RMA Morristown] was great. She called me every day when I went in with the results of the U/S and blood work. She was always available by phone and email to answer my questions...I monitored at a different RMA NJ location due to convenience. It's nice to have the option of monitoring somewhere closer to home yet still being followed by your doctor. However, sometimes there is a really long wait during monitoring hours. Could be 15 min to over an hour.
1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Forman is amazing! Nothing bad to say. You can't go wrong with him as your doctor. Very smart and on top of cutting edge research. And excellent bed side manner. A unique combo! Fertility treatment is very stressful, but knowing that your doctor is always available to answer your questions and guide you, makes the process a little less stressful. He truly has your best interest in mind. Other doctors that I have consulted with did not listen to my family planing goals. Dr. Forman listening to my goals and guided us in the best possible way to help us now and in the long term.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Always ask if you have questions. He will answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
You never feel like a number with Dr Forman. He takes the time to answer all your questions - even if you have million questions. He's always available by email. He is genuinely interested in your success and remembers your specific diagnosis/situation. After my initial consultation with Dr Forman and before I started treatment with him, I had a hysteroscopy scheduled at a different clinic. He reached out by email to see how the procedure went. Meant a lot to me.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I don't remember the specific dosages. I did 2 retrieval cycles (menpopur, goal F, ganirelix) with HCG and lupron for trigger. We did ICSI And PGS due recurrent pregnancy lost. We did two retrieval cycles for the purpose of storing embryos for the future. We did a single 6 day embryo frozen transfer which stuck. I'm currently 12 weeks. Fingers crossed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
Samantha was great. She called me every day when I went in with the results of the U/S and blood work. She was always available by phone and email to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Morristown office was in and out. I monitored mostly in Englewood and there's usually a long wait. Avoid Mondays and Fridays if you can.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey.
Ha! Expensive. Luckily we had some insurance coverage. But that quickly runs out and also our insurance didn't cover thinks like genetic testing and embryo freezing. Blocked out how much out of pocket expenses we had - but definitely worth it.
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Definitely eSET. Dr. Forman explained that with PGS tested embryos the success rate is very high and therefore not worth the risk of carrying multiples.
Morristown

He [Dr. Eric Forman] knew I was scared and anxious throughout the entire process and to ease my fears, he went above and beyond and out of his way to be MY doctor to do my retrieval (on a day that he wasn't even scheduled)!... Dr. Forman did everything he could to keep me focused on the positives and I NEVER felt rushed when I went through my endless lists of questions...Dr. Forman was extremely thorough in explaining each step of my egg retrieval process. I actually went to him for what I thought would only be a consultation but unexpectedly was diagnosed with DOR. He was incredibly compassionate and caring and was always calm in explaining my options as I was completely overwhelmed.
Because RMANJ is so large and has so many locations, you'd think you'd feel as if you were just 'taking a number' when going to appointments. I actually felt the opposite. Each office I visited, each phlebotomist I encountered, each doctor who saw me - everyone made me feel that I was a person with my own specific needs/questions/concerns. I thought I would feel overwhelmed and defeated by going to such a large practice but it was incredibly convenient to have so many offices be open with very early hours for regular blood tests and ultrasounds. I wish there was more than 1 location that was open on the weekends/holidays but other than that, I have no suggestions/complaints.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable but above all, he is incredibly kind and patient. He is soft-spoken and remains very calm when I have the tendency to get overly emotional and breakdown in front of him. I was confident that Dr. Forman knew the best treatment plan for my specific situation. Dr. Forman is empathetic and compassionate and sincerely cared for how I was feeling during the cycle and after retrieval. I selfishly wish he wasn't leaving the RMA practice because I would love to continue to be his patient. There aren't enough kind words to describe him; he's definitely a rare find when it comes to being seen by a fertility doctor who honestly cares about his patients.
You're incredibly lucky! Bring a notebook to write things down or come with questions because you're going to be given a lot of information to process. Trust that you're in great hands by being under his care.
Dr. Forman was extremely thorough in explaining each step of my egg retrieval process. I actually went to him for what I thought would only be a consultation but unexpectedly was diagnosed with DOR. He was incredibly compassionate and caring and was always calm in explaining my options as I was completely overwhelmed. Dr. Forman was readily available to answer all of my questions and he kept checking-up on me to ensure I was feeling well. I was a nervous wreck the day I was scheduled for my retrieval and on top of it all, he was not on the schedule for that specific day to do my retrieval. I was elated and surprised when the nurse told Dr. Forman was actually coming in that day to do MY retrieval! He knew I was scared and anxious throughout the entire process and to ease my fears, he went above and beyond and out of his way to be MY doctor to do my retrieval (on a day that he wasn't even scheduled)! Infertility challenges may be a very difficult and sensitive topic for some people; I spent most of the cycle crying and being stressed/frustrated/nervous/anxious - Dr. Forman did everything he could to keep me focused on the positives and I NEVER felt rushed when I went through my endless lists of questions. Not only is he brilliant, but he is genuine and sincerely cares - he's an incredible doctor and exceptional person.
I am 33 years old; on my initial visit, my AMH was 0.29 and there were 3 follicles seen when I went for my initial consultation appointment. I was surprised to learn I actually had DOR. I was on the antagonist protocol and was on a high dose level of medication and took my trigger shot on the 10th day of treatment. I was solely relying on him and his judgement and was extremely fortunate and happy to have 7 eggs retrieved and 6 frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Dayna Browning)
My nurse became my biggest supporter and I felt as if she was on this journey with me. Always encouraging me and reminding me to stay positive and focused. I absolutely adore Dayna for being genuine and candid. I was able to ask her questions that I would normally be too embarrassed to even ask my girlfriends. It's hard to talk about this topic for me but Dayna was more than just my nurse; it felt like she became my biggest fan. She was always in a good mood when she called me and even when it wasn't the best news, she was incredibly compassionate and knowledgeable. All of the nurses that I met at RMA were lovely but Dayna seemed to go above and beyond with keeping me organized, positive, calm, educated and focused.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The Morristown office seems more efficient with blood work and ultrasounds because they have more rooms available. I also went to the West Orange location which would become more crowded than I would prefer because it is a smaller office. I found this entire process to be extremely emotionally draining but regardless to which office I went to, once I saw the doctor, I felt hopeful and encouraged. Visiting Morristown appeared to be a well oiled machine while visiting West Orange, on some mornings when they were busy, it seemed like I was on a slow moving conveyor belt.
I'm fortunate that I had coverage with my health insurance. I hadn't met my deductibles for the year so the price I paid RMA for 2 retrieval cycles along with egg freezing (after insurance coverage) was $4,200; EXCLUDING medication.
Morristown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Because we paid out of pocket we purchased a "package" from a third party finance company that works directly with RMANJ that covered the egg retrieval, two transfers, and morning monitoring. This package cost around $16,000. We also paid for genetic testing which cost around $500 and opted for CCS testing which was $2,500...Our nurse Rachel was amazing! She was extremely responsive to emails and phone calls. She answered are questions and concerns thoroughly and in a kind and caring manner. During our treatment process I spoke to Rachel on the phone multiple times a week. She was great!
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
We first met Dr. Forman a few years ago when after TTC for about 3 years on our own. During our first visit with Dr. Forman we were shocked by the amount of information we were given. He was thorough and responsive to any questions we had. At that point in time we were not ready to move forward with treatment due to financial reasons. After switching jobs and moving, my new health insurance covered treatment at another fertility clinic that was much closer to our new home. We made an appointment at the other fertility center and quickly realized that the care was extremely different. Despite the distance and having to pay out of pocket, we returned to Dr. Forman and never looked back! I was extremely nervous about the entire IVF process, and Dr. Forman eased my concerns and gave me the tools I needed to feel confident about our treatment plan. We completed our retrieval which was extremely successful. We did our first transfer about a month later which did not work. Upon receiving the news, Dr. Forman immediately discussed with us a new plan for our next transfer which we were excited about. There was never a pause in care; Dr. Forman was able to keep us focused on our family planning goals. I'm happy to report our second transfer was successful, and I am now in my second trimester. We look forward to continuing to grow our family under Dr. Forman's care!!!
Bring a notebook! You won't remember everything and having notes to look back on is helpful. Dr. Forman is all about patient education...imagine a really thorough high school health class mixed with an advanced college level biology class. That's your new patient appointment in a nutshell!
Dr. Forman treated both myself and my husband with the utmost care, concern, and respect. From moment one, Dr. Forman took the time to explain every step of the process (testing and treatment) and thoroughly answered all of our questions. He gave us the information we needed to make autonomous decisions and feel confident with our diagnosis, treatment, and possible outcomes. He and his staff were readily available via both phone and email whenever we had questions. We felt like our concerns and questions were just as important to him as they were to us.
Because of our fertility obstacles, Dr. Forman said that both IVF and IUI were reasonable options. He weighed the pros and cons of both treatments with us considering our long term family planning goals. Ultimately we decided to do IVF considering my age and our desire to have multiple children in the future. We completed our egg retrieval and opted for CCS testing to test our embryos chromosomes at day 5 after fertilization. All embryos were frozen at this point. About a month later we did a tansfer with one of our normal embryos. We did the standard transfer protocol which included progesterone injections and a timed transfer. Unfortunately this transfer did not work. Dr. Forman reached out to us immediately to discuss strategies going forward. Our next transfer a month later involved the natural approach. It is still medicated, but relies on the body's natural cycle. Dr. Forman felt like I was a good candidate for this option that isn't always the first line of treatment. Our second transfer worked and we are now in our second trimester! Each step of the way Dr. Forman gave us all of our options and let us make our own decisions. Every time we made a decision we felt confident going forward because of the information provided by Dr. Forman.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Bethune)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMANJ is easily accessible; Multiple locations and hours of operation make morning monitoring and appointment scheduling extremely easy. They offer a wide variety of services beyond fertility treatment like acupuncture, counseling, and nutrition education. RMANJ strives to treat the entire person/couple not just the infertility!
I found morning monitoring pretty easy. The hours are before a typical work day and occur at all offices. My retrieval cycle was during the holidays and they provided ample notice when hours and locations changed so the transition was seamless. The process was a well oiled machine.
Dr. Forman encouraged us to do a single embryo transfer during both of our transfers. He provided us with information on the pros and cons of both, and we agreed that single embryo transfer was right for us and our future family. It should be noted that we did CCS testing on our embryos so we had an extra level of confidence making this decision.
Morristown

Dr. Forman was always very calm, reassuring, and extremely knowledgeable. h He never made me feel like a number. He truly loves what he does and is compassionate. I never doubted his advice or recommendations and felt very confident that he was my fertility physician. My RN Jennifer Graeve was also excellent and compassionate throughout my entire time with RMA. At times the morning monitoring was tough and made me feel like a number because there were so many people in the waiting room, especially on the weekends, but I am not sure if there is a way to fix that as the hours try to accommodate working women which I like.
[RMA NJ Nurse] Jen was excellent and compassionate and answered all my questions and took the time. She would get me an answer from Dr. Forman if she didn't know the answer or if I asked her to check with Dr. Forman...Great location, great staff. Front desk now has friendly, happy staff. Initially had a woman who was not pleasant and this made for a negative experience. Would like for am monitoring to have hours until 8am until just 7:30am
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Forman was always very calm, reassuring, and extremely knowledgeable. He never made me feel like a number. He truly loves what he does and is compassionate. I never doubted his advice or recommendations and felt very confident that he was my fertility physician. He always returned my calls or texts very promptly if I had a question or concern which put me at ease.
Request that he perform all your procedures and have your RN assist with coordinating your schedule and his so that can occur barring weather or emergency scheduling changes. His calming bedside manner and confidence will put you at ease for all procedures.
I had two IUI attempts using Follistim and Ganirelex. Dr. Forman counseled us that I had no anatomic issues that we couldn't try IUI first, although he told us IVF had better outcomes. I insisted on trying IUI first because was less invasive and required less monitoring. Unfortunately they didn't work and we moved onto IVF. My first egg retrieval yielded 6 eggs and 4 embryos, however all four were not chromosomally normal or acceptable for a transfer. One was a mosaic which in the past evidently were sometimes used but Dr. Forman advised me against it unless it was my only option. He assured me that sometimes this can occur and that he has seen women go on to have future egg retrievals and embryos that are healthy. Although I was devastated and frustrated with the process at this point as it was going on almost 8 months of fertility treatment, I agreed to try again, giving myself a month off to regroup. My final cycle and egg retrieval (which was on Christmas Day and we are convinced blessed as a result :) ) yielded about 6 eggs and we had four healthy embryos!!!! We did ICSI and had all the advanced genetic chromosomal testing done and decided to transfer our male embryo the end of February. On March 6th I finally received the news that we were praying for . .. . I was pregnant!!!! I am now 16 weeks and 4 days and all going well! Bloodwork and early anatomy scan normal. We couldn't be happier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Graeve)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Was a bit like cattle call for am monitoring, although was efficient and wait times were not long. It is a bit tough when you are going through difficultly of infertility and herded in waiting room and called in to line up for labwork and then sit back again for ultrasound. Staff was always pleasant and cheerful, esp the lab techs so that helped but it was tough at times.
I was fortunate to have great fertility coverage until BCBS PPO but even so I met my max before the end of the year for meds and had to pay couple thousand for that (had two IUI, two egg retrievals in one year)
I was nervous only transferring one embryo because many of my acquaintances and friends had had at least two transferred. Dr. Forman was pretty adament in recommending I transfer only one because of my age and the risks of multiple pregnancies. He said the testing has come such a long was that it allows him to choose only healthy embryos to transfer and the rate of success was high with a normal, healthy embryo as ours. So I trusted him and went with one embryo. I am pregnant and he was right and I was able to avoid twin pregnancy with all its risks.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He[Dr. Eric Froman] is a bit of an awkward turtle, but I found that rather comforting. I like statistics and scientific information and he was always good about providing that. He has been a very good fit for me. Since the beginning, he has collaborated with me on treatment and we have talked through the various options both from a likelihood of success perspective as well as a financial (what is and is not covered by insurance) perspective.
My primary nurse, Christine, and the entire staff [at RMA of New Jersey] have been great. Even when I'm staggering in for monitoring half-asleep at 6am, they are cheerful, patient, but still efficient. There are two regular phlebotomists in the office and I've had so many blood draws that I know which one prefers which arm. They all know me by name at this point.... My assigned nurse, who calls me with test results and dosage instructions has been great, and even when there's a substitute, I never feel rushed through the information.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
He's a bit of an awkward turtle, but I found that rather comforting. I like statistics and scientific information and he was always good about providing that. He has been a very good fit for me. Since the beginning, he has collaborated with me on treatment and we have talked through the various options both from a likelihood of success perspective as well as a financial (what is and is not covered by insurance) perspective.
Feel free to ask questions - he is very receptive to that and it will help him know what information you need. He will try to work within the parameters of your insurance, but if you are ready to be more aggressive despite the cost, let him know. I'm certain that if money were no object in my treatment, we would have made the jump to IVF already, but since that has been a huge financial stumbling block, he has been willing to let us do more IUIs than most.
The whole clinic staff is great. They know me personally and are always very supportive and patient whenever I go in. My assigned nurse, who calls me with test results and dosage instructions has been great, and even when there's a substitute, I never feel rushed through the information. Dr. Forman has collaborated with me and my husband regarding our treatment, and has been sensitive to our financial situation as well.
We tried different stims (follistim ended up being the one we stuck with) and different triggers (stuck with ovidrel after an injection site reaction to the other) to see what went better. We adjusted the dosage rate for the first few IUI cycles until we got it right. We tried and then abandoned progesterone suppositories after a bad reaction one month. We talked about non-prescription supplementation as well. I have reacted very well to the follistim and ovidrel - our problem now seems to be my husband's sperm. He referred my husband to a urologist for assessment and supplements.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo)
My primary nurse, Christine, and the entire staff have been great. Even when I'm staggering in for monitoring half-asleep at 6am, they are cheerful, patient, but still efficient. There are two regular phlebotomists in the office and I've had so many blood draws that I know which one prefers which arm. They all know me by name at this point.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
In addition to the staff, which I think I've already covered sufficiently, the location is great for me, and the monitoring hours mean that I haven't had to miss work at all for monitoring sessions or IUIs.
My insurance covered meds and IUI treatments and bloodwork, so I paid a $40 copay for each visit where I had an ultrasound. I did have some out-of-pocket costs associated with my hysteroscopy, of course, but that was my insurance deductible. I know they have a 6-cycle money-back-guarantee IVF program, but my husband and I haven't decided if we want to go that route.
We haven't actually done IVF yet, but we have discussed our approach should we have to move into that. He is convinced by the studies that show that a single embryo transfers has resulted in more healthy births, so as a general rule he does single transfers, although if there were a reason to do multiple, I don't think there's a hard and fast policy against that.

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr. Forman always address my concern and question, I might not see him in each morning monitor. But he had made sure he does my transfer and morning monitor since I had one failed FET that was not performed by him. I felt he wanted to make sure I got the care I need and he wanted to make sure he was there for me....Dr. Forman is very knowledgeable, patient and detail oriented. He cares about his patients and wanted the best for his patients....
Merry is very experienced and she is up to the point, unfortunately I never had chance to meet her personally. She is quite responsive in email and phone call....If you want to be seen quickly, come around 6 AM....When your doctor layout the plans for you. Do some homework and understand 100% of each treatment and purpose of them, if not clear at any point, email your doctor or nurse for better explanation. Phone call might be difficult to reach them, but doctor and nurse are better with email conversation.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Forman is very knowledgeable, patient and detail oriented. He cares about his patients and wanted the best for his patients. He always addresses my concern and question. He also made sure he is more hands-on with me once I had one failed transfer. He made sure he did the 2nd transfer for me and made sure he can see me in each morning monitor.
Whenever you have concern about your procedures or during early pregnancy, always email Dr. Forman, he will address your concern right away. I see many patients resort to facebook or forum, but they are only getting another person's experience, every body is different, trust your doctor, not facebook or forum. And be very alert and cautious in case any issue comes up.
For egg retrieval medication, I dont exactly remember. For FET, it was estrogen, Progesterone oil, Doxycyclin and Madrol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Merry Dutkevitch )
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
If you want to be seen quickly, come around 6 AM.
Roughly about 6-7K
Not much to say..I trust their approach.

14 Eggs Frozen
2 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Merry was a pleasure to deal with. She was easy to get in touch with and provided reasonable explanations for any questions. She also showed much compassion and care after suffering losses...RMA was a great clinic. Wait times were minimal for morning monitoring - I think the longest I ever waited was 20 minutes. Phlebotomists were friendly and pleasant and always referred to me by name. I had a positive experience with RMA and can't point out any weaknesses.
14 Eggs Frozen
European, Other
2 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
I am thankful to have met Dr. Forman. He was committed to our goal of achieving pregnancy throughout our time at RMA. He came up with creative solutions and explained all of our options thoroughly. We experienced a number of failures, but Dr. Forman never gave up. He continued to explore possibilities. Dr. Forman was thorough, trustworthy, kind, intelligent, caring, compassionate and easily accessible for questions. He gave us all the time we needed to answer questions. I highly recommend Dr. Forman!
Trust him!
Dr. Forman was patient and kind. He spent as much time with us as we needed. He explained our treatment plan and options in a manner that was easy for us to understand. He was compassionate and caring.
Our first three IVF cycles were traditional cycles with 1 embryo transfer. Dr. Forman had suggested transferring 2, but I was nervous about twins so we proceeded based on my comfort. We used the typical medications of progesterone in oil injections and estrogen. The final cycle was a non-traditional cycle where he created more of a natural cycle and implanted the embryo when my own body was ready to receive it. Medications were similar to the traditional cycles and continued through the first 8 to 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Merry Dukevitch)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring appointments were a breeze. There was never a long wait and phlebotomists new me by name.
The health insurance company covered most costs, with the exception of our deductible, co-insurance and embryo testing/freezing.
Dr. Forman always outlined our options. After several failures, he suggested transferring 2 embryos. I was uncomfortable and so we proceeded with 1. The final cycle, my husband and I decided to go for 2 embryos and 1 stuck!
Morristown

Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable and very compassionate. He has a very calm demeanor and takes his time explaining everything to the patient...Due to my age and the fact that I had good insurance coverage, he recommended we go right to IVF rather than trying IUI. After my first egg collection I had severe abdominal cramping and so with my second egg collection he changed the “trigger “ Med to Lupron and I felt fine after the collection.
RMA Morristown was pretty good. One thing I feel the need to comment time is that on any given day during morning monitoring hours, The waiting room which is right across from the front desk, can be very full...Meanwhile at the desk, other patients are being congratulated and given their discharge packet...after my miscarriage and subsequent D&C, I waited weeks to hear the results of the pathology. Ultimately I had to call the office myself and ask for them. I did receive an apology that they forgot to call me.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable and very compassionate. He has a very calm demeanor and takes his time explaining everything to the patient. You can tell he has the best interest of the patient at heart although he may seem somewhat quiet or stand off-ish. He is very respectful of the patient and what she and her husband are going through. Here’s a great communicator and is always available night or day by email. You can feel his passion for his work and his general commitment to the patient. I would highly recommend him.
Be open minded and trust that he knows what he is doing. Dr. Forman can be quiet and almost shy in appearance but he is extremely knowledgeable.
Dr. Forman has a nice relaxed way of communicating and he is always available to talk either by phone or email. He is quick to respond as well. He verbalizes understanding of what the couple is going through and offers what he feels is the best treatment option. Ears open and honest and does not create false hope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Bizub)
Lauren Bizub was great, very understanding through all our ups and downs. There were one or two other nurses however that did not seem to really understand the emotional trouble that goes along with the IVF process. After my first transfer I miscarried at seven weeks. One of the nurses called to tell me that I needed to return to the office for further blood work I explained that I was not in an emotional state to return to the office that week. Instead of verbalizing understanding of my feelings, she just kept on insisting. As a nurse practitioner myself I had to explain to her that going to the office Was an emotional experience in and of itself after a miscarriage and D&C. I explained that I just needed a few days to get myself together. Unfortunately the nurse did not seem to be very understanding or compassionate. I have to say, that part was very disappointing. My doctor and nurse however we’re great.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA Morristown was pretty good. One thing I feel the need to comment time is that on any given day during morning monitoring hours, The waiting room which is right across from the front desk, can be very full. There are tons of women and their husbands sitting there very anxious or maybe having just received bad news and just trying to get through the process. Meanwhile at the desk, other patients are being congratulated and given their discharge packet. It’s really difficult to have to sit there and listen to someone else getting the news we truly wish you were getting yourself. I did eventually get that news myself and I was sure to keep quiet and hurry out of the office. I just feel maybe the office staff there needs to be a little more sensitive to all of the women in the waiting room.
Although it did feel like we were cattle being herded, the office was very efficient and I was able to go there before working hours which made things a lot easier.
Somewhere around $15,000
Dr. Forman strongly recommended a single embryo transfer stating that there were less chances of complications. I felt very comfortable with that and I really appreciated his honesty.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
After being told twice by Dr. Forman that my first pregnancy did not appear to be progressing normally, another physician then performed an ultrasound at my next appt. and told my husband and I that she was “almost 100% sure she saw a fetal sac” and that the pregnancy was fine. It was quite upsetting when I talk to Dr. Foreman the following day and he assured me that likely what he was seeing in the uterus was “embryo debris”. Ultimately he was correct. It was really difficult to have two different doctors telling you two totally different things, one getting your hopes up falsely. Also, after my miscarriage and subsequent D&C, I waited weeks to hear the results of the pathology. Ultimately I had to call the office myself and ask for them. I did receive an apology that they forgot to call me.