Island Reproductive Services

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolAlbany Med Ctr
ResidencyAlbany Mem Hosp
FellowshipU. of Alabama
South Plainfield
3000 Hadley Road
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
1110 South Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Eric Knochenhauer to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Island Reproductive Services to a friend?
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
I have seen Dr. Knochenhauer several times. I come in with questions about my treatment, what next steps are, and why he feels the treatment he choose is best for me. I leave every appointment with a clear understanding of what my current progress is. What we know about my reproductive system. What the best plan of action is and why Dr. Knochenhauer feels that the recommended treatment will work best for me.
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Never be afraid to ask your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
I absolutely love doctor Dr. Knochenhauer and his staff. They are warm and friendly. Every time I have a question or need clarification they take the time to clearly explain my treatment. They make sure I understand my conditions, how they affect my treatment. They are always patient with me and willing to answer billing and finance questions as well. I never feel rushed and I never feel like I am being bother in any way. I have complete trust in Dr. Knochenhauer.
Describe the protocols Eric Knochenhauer used in your cycles at Island Reproductive Services and their degree of success.
To treat anovulation My first cycle was 5mg Letrozole with a 250mcg ovidrel trigger shot, 200 mg progesterone, 2 mg estradiol and times intercource. My second cycle was 10 mg Letrozole with a 250 mcg ovidrel trigger shot, progesterone and estrogen were not needed and we had timed intercorse. Due to my hormone levels, and lining My third cycle was an IUI with 10 mg Letrozole, 2 mg progesterone and 4 mg estradiol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Katie )
Katie is just as great as Dr. Knochenhauer. She is patient, kind, understanding and very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
They are kind, compassionate, and good communicators. They could give more info about payments and your test results numbers up front without you having to ask.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services.
Yes they advised what the cost would be
2012 - 2017
Other, Unexplained
Dr K [Eric Knochenhauer] is very knowledgeable in his field. He was always open and honest and took time to see me any time I had a question. His dry sense of humor really helped me get through some difficult situations. And he is very compassionate. He wants to see his patients succeed.... I had no real issues so it was a matter of trial error. Once I had repeated failed attempts he had me take multiple blood tests, saline sono and an endometrial scratch where some issues were found. And my medication changed as a result.
2012 - 2017
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr K is very knowledgeable in his field. He was always open and honest and took time to see me any time I had a question. His dry sense of humor really helped me get through some difficult situations. And he is very compassionate. He wants to see his patients succeed.
Always push for the treatment you want. I did a lot of my own research and requested separate tests be done that weren't initially offered.
All staff at this clinic are amazing and truly care about your well being and mental state when things don't go as planned. They never rushed me and always answered my numerous and constant questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie and Roe were a pleasure to deal with. Always friendly and compassionate when things did not go well. They were genuinely upset as well. I could not have done a lot of this with out them and their guidance and patience with helping me
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
In the beginning the location was concoent for me however they did retrievals and transfers in the NJ office. This was out of the way. They have since built a beautiful new state of the art facility however it is now much further for me.
Describe Eric Knochenhauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Reproductive Services.
It was always our choice as a couple. He was not fond of transferring more than 2 but we agreed so there was never any issues
What specific things went wrong at Island Reproductive Services?