6.2

Eric Levens works at

8501 Arlington Blvd., Suite 500
Fairfax, VA 22031
703.876.0735

Dr. Levins nice, but could be maybe a little bit more personable at times though.... he's good at explaining and drawing, he's nice, but we couldn't really feel a real connection to him. we got more attached to the coordinating nurse than to him, honestly. He is professional, he was there when he could during a procedure, but I don't know... we just couldn't find a spark. we're switching to a different clinic and hope to find a doctor that can help us get pregnant.
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] is very modern and they have top of the art offices, technology and so on... but they are extremely expensive and one of the reasons we won't be continuing with Shady Grove is because we won't be able to afford them any longer. we'd love to... but don't have the resources any more. In the conditions that now a days insurances cover zero to nothing for infertility treatments, it's just outrageous how they take advantage of patient's desperate wish to conceive. There are other more affordable options outside Virginia and we'll look into that.
How was your experience with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be very clear what your goals are and don't be afraid to tell him if you want to jump straight to IVF. We regret not doing so and wasting lots of time and money on other procedures.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Eric Levens used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
we tried timed intercourse, we did all tests on me and husband, we did also hysterscopy, we did hysterosalpingogram, we tested semen, done blood work, genetic testing ... we tried clomid and femara... we were diagnosed with "unexplained infertility", and didn't manage to get pregnant with what we tried unfortunately.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Layluma Hotaki)
Ms. Layluma Hotaki was a genuinely caring, war person, we loved having her as our coordinator.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is very modern and they have top of the art offices, technology and so on... but they are extremely expensive and one of the reasons we won't be continuing with Shady Grove is because we won't be able to afford them any longer. we'd love to... but don't have the resources any more. In the conditions that now a days insurances cover zero to nothing for infertility treatments, it's just outrageous how they take advantage of patient's desperate wish to conceive. There are other more affordable options outside Virginia and we'll look into that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility.
lost track, sorry
Eric Levens
2010 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Dr. Levens is a nice doctor and well knowledge but maybe he needs to works in the way how to talk to his patients in certain circumstances.... When I did my IUI with Doctor Chang and I got a positive pregnancy test my husband and I went to the Shady Grove in Rockville... Dr Levens was on charge that morning and when he saw us he looks surprise to see us but not like his patient. When we explain what was the reason of our visit (positive test pregnancy) he said to us very serious “well sometimes the home pregnancy test are false positive so we are going to do blood test to confirm if you are pregnant or not”.
The staff of Annandale [Shady Grove] office were so nice and very knowledge. Easy to make an appointment. They made my first appointment with dr Levens, I think it was the most available at that time. They always call me to reminder my doctor’s appointment. They always welcome to the office and make you feel comfortable. The only problem was the waiting room was a little small (I was there more than 7 years ago) and the area were they taken the blood sample was really small too.
How was your experience with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Levens is a nice person but he made a comment that I didn’t like it. When I did my IUI with Doctor Chang and I got a positive pregnancy test my husband and I went to the Shady Grove in Rockville MD to do the blood test. We were so excited and nervous at the same time. Dr Levens was on charge that morning and when he saw us he looks surprise to see us but not like his patient. When we explain what was the reason of our visit (positive test pregnancy) he said to us very serious “well sometimes the home pregnancy test are false positive so we are going to do blood test to confirm if you are pregnant or not”. At that moment we felt really sad and nervous that could be a false positive, but luckily it wasn’t a false positive it was a BFP. I think that comment that Dr Levens made about the false positive (for a couple who were trying for almost 7 years to get pregnant) was a really bad one.
Dr. Levens is a nice doctor but I would you recommend dr Chang.
I did clomid and IUI. He did the hormones injections in the third or fourth day of my cycle and I have to go almost every day to the office to see is the medicine was working. In the 13 or 14 day of my cycle I did the trigger shot and next day I went to the office for the IUI. Sometimes dr Levens did the IUI other time a different doctor did the IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
They were really nice nurses and always answered your questions and calling you back most of the time the same day.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The staff of Annandale office were so nice and very knowledge. Easy to make an appointment. They made my first appointment with dr Levens, I think it was the most available at that time. They always call me to reminder my doctor’s appointment. They always welcome to the office and make you feel comfortable. The only problem was the waiting room was a little small (I was there more than 7 years ago) and the area were they taken the blood sample was really small too.
I don’t remember very well but I think it was more than $1500 per treatment.
Eric Levens