Medical SchoolU. Of Tennessee
FellowshipCornell
3144 El Camino Real
Carlsbad, CA 92008
760-994-0156
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Eric Scott Sills to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ctr for Advanced Genetics to a friend?
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
After 3 other REs, Dr. Sills was a breath of fresh air! I didn't feel like a number or in the cattle call of patients. Dr. Sills took his time with me and explained his treatment plan. Given everything I've been through to get pregnant, he was definitely open to throwing in the kitchen sink. He wanted me to succeed and be a one time patient!... Dr. Sills runs a small practice and at every visit he would ask "what questions do you have for me today?" He always wanted to make sure I was comfortable with my treatment plan etc. He personally called with every result. He was my 4th RE and I think I learned more from him this late in our fertility journey. He's a true educator!...
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Eric Scott Sills at Ctr for Advanced Genetics?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Scott Sills at Ctr for Advanced Genetics?
Dr. Sills office is in Carlsbad, but his lab is in Newport Beach. Be prepared for your appointments in allowing time. The traffic is a pain, but worth the drive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Scott Sills at Ctr for Advanced Genetics?
Describe the protocols Eric Scott Sills used in your cycles at Ctr for Advanced Genetics and their degree of success.
He put me on an immune protocol, steroids and lovanox. I do have an autoimmune issue, one that every other RE never gave any credit. Dr. Sills decided that since I've had so many failures to add this protocol. He also does a uterine scratch a few days before the transfer. I actually credit this to why we were successful this time around.
There is only one nurse - very small operation. I will admit that I've had other nurses with more experience at other Clinics, but since I was a veteran in this game, I was fine with the care. Dr Sills was so hands on that the nurse didn't plan as much of a roll as with other clinics.
Describe your experience with Ctr for Advanced Genetics.
CAG is a small operation, feels like the mom and pop of fertility clinics, which I loved! I wish their lab was located onsite, but this is how a fertility clinic should be run with the patient's care and opinions taken into account as the first priority.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Scott Sills at Ctr for Advanced Genetics.
I don't remember the exact costs. As this was a donor cycle, we had other expenses with other agencies. I think Dr Sills costs were comparable to other clinics. It wasn't a bargain or way more expense than other clinics.
Carlsbad
Dr Sills understands that this is an emotional process. He takes the tome to answer questions and explain procedures. He also has a lot of compassion....He called me to address my concerns. He spent a lot of time with me explaining my treatment.... Throughout this process I have felt broken and defective. Dr Sills did not treat me like that but instead in a gentle and kind way worked with me to explore my options. I think he is a wonderful doctor.
How was your experience with Eric Scott Sills at Ctr for Advanced Genetics?
Dr Sills understands that this is an emotional process. He takes the tome to answer questions and explain procedures. He also has a lot of compassion. I was not sure what to expect when I met him. I had high hopes. He was realistic but hopeful. He reviewed treatment options. He also made me feel like I was a human being. Throughout this process I have felt broken and defective. Dr Sills did not treat me like that but instead in a gentle and kind way worked with me to explore my options. I think he is a wonderful doctor.
Do your research and be prepared to ask questions. He will be prepared to answer your questions.
Everyone in the clinic is kind, pleasant and helpful. I enjoy working with them.
Describe your experience with Ctr for Advanced Genetics.
Strength - it is a small clinic so you don’t feel like you are a number Weakness - they have short hours so you can’t call them after work Strength - they spend a lot of time with each patient Observation - they are in an area where there is not a lot of activity. So you can easily find parking. Also the building is clean and quiet. I am not a fan of busy medical buildings with prying personnel who inquire about where you are going the minute you walk into the building.
5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
He [Dr Eric Sills] is a great doctor with lots of compassion. He has teamed up with some innovative Doctors all around the world and brings new and innovative ideas to the process. He was the first to mention concern over my high PAI1 number in terms of having a successful pregnancy once I get to that point. We are being proactive...Dr Sills is very passionate about infertility and finding ways to help women dealing with it. I think he ability to empathize is helped by his personal experience with infertility.
5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Eric Scott Sills at Ctr for Advanced Genetics?
He is a great doctor with lots of compassion. He has teamed up with some innovative Doctors all around the world and brings new and innovative ideas to the process. He was the first to mention concern over my high PAI1 number in terms of having a successful pregnancy once I get to that point. We are being proactive.
Do your homework and prepare your questions in advance.
We are using the protocols for a trial which entails ovarian rejuvenation by PRP and EnPlaf treatments
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ctr for Advanced Genetics. (Assigned nurse: Joanie and Vickie)
They are the sweetest and most patient. They seem to really care and this is not just a job to them.
Describe your experience with Ctr for Advanced Genetics.
They are always available and responsive. They are very compassionate. As they grow they will need more staff and newer equipment. I love the intimacy of the office and family like feel of the staff.
So far $8500.00 for two procedures
Describe Eric Scott Sills's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ctr for Advanced Genetics.
not at this time
Carlsbad
He [Dr. Sills] has ideas and insight that no other doctor has been able to explain and or pursue. He explains every detail and makes sure it is understood thoroughly. If for some reason questions arise at a later time, he encourages you to call any time.... Ask as many questions as you need. He has the patience and understating... [Protocols] It all started with a clinical trial and is now progressing to IVF... Aside from the disntance from my home town, the clinic is amazing.
How was your experience with Eric Scott Sills at Ctr for Advanced Genetics?
He has ideas and insight that no other doctor has been able to explain and or pursue. He explains every detail and makes sure it is understood thoroughly. If for some reason questions arise at a later time, he encourages you to call any time.
Ask as many questions as you need. He has the patience and understating
It didn’t matter what day or time I called or emailed my questions were always answered and if there were still concerns they were always there to guide the way
It all started with a clinical trial and is now progressing to IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ctr for Advanced Genetics. (Assigned nurse: Joanie and Natalie )
So far they have been very communicative and informative
Describe your experience with Ctr for Advanced Genetics.
Aside from the disntance from my home town, the clinic is amazing. Everything is explained every step of the way. Every procedure is explained and every medication is described. They are there at all times
It’s comparanle to other places I’ve been to
I think that a couple gives better chances but it’s all up to the woman receiving g the treatment