Medical SchoolU. of Pennsylvania
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipUCLA
10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Eric Surrey to a friend?

5.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Individual interaction with Dr. Surry was very limited. During our entire journey I believe we only physically met him twice – during the consultation and embryo transfer. That said, we did speak to him on the phone twice; once to discuss genetic test results and finally when we were determined to move our embryos to another clinic. While our nurse was great, everything else about CCRM felt very much like a baby mill.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Each fertility journey is a bit different. As such, here is a little about our journey. From the start, we knew that we would need an egg donor and gestational carrier. As such, we worked with CCRM to select a donor and create embryos. Dr. Surry also evaluated our gestational carrier and managed the transfer. From a medical standpoint there was nothing particularly ‘complex’; healthy eggs, healthy sperm, healthy gestational carrier. In our interactions with Dr. Surry his perspective was that it was an ‘easy case’. That said, the administration of this process was a disaster. Also, our child was born with a significant physical disability. Interestingly, while this disability should have been identified while still under the care of CCRM, it was missed on every ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Do not rely on reputation alone. Dr. Surry helped us create our family. CCRM had the best reparation at the time and so we gave them a lot of leeway. When their administration was a disaster we overlooked it – because ‘they are the best’. Now we are left we a lot of regrets… what if their disastrous administration somehow contributed to our child’s lifelong disability. We should have followed our gut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Describe the protocols Eric Surrey used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
As I recall our treatment strategies were fairly routine. The one thing that was out of the ordinary was the need for a FDA quarantine (six months) of our sperm. One thing that was a bit frustrating was, after the embryos were created, Dr. Surry offered to allow our GC to have an additional six-month quarantine of the embryo – which was of course her decision. The challenging this is that this was not required and we did not even know it was an option until our GC almost backed out of our match because it would have through the timing off.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
Overall, Monique was great at coordinating and communicating. Often it became evident that CCRM did not have the administrative processes in place for our situation and so Monique ended up doing a lot of back and forth. One challenge was when we notified her of our child’s physical disability, her approach was more clinical than compassionate in the moment. That was hard.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Utter disappointment on nearly every level. Their billing was a mess. They asked us to fill out very personal information in a rushed and PUBLIC place. It felt as though the operations were not equipped to deal with a gay couple.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.
I don't recall the cost.
Describe Eric Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado.

Each of the doctors I have seen had a history intake of questions. Dr. Surrey's intake was more in depth. Just by looking at my intake, Dr. Surrey thinks I was misdiagnosed almost 5 years ago which ended our fertility journey then and then last year that all changed when I had my first pregnancy at 44 and miscarried 2 weeks later. I saw Dr. Surrey after this and I just didn't feel like a patient and he gave me my hope back of having a family.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Be transparent and don't be afraid of asking questions. I made the mistake of not having any questions ahead of time and even though I had done alot of reading, i still felt very new and uneducated, but that was my fault not the Dr or the Clinic.
I've met with Dr. Surrey once so far and that was for my initial consultation. The intake of questions were more thorough than my previous doctors. He had already gone through my intake and had questions from that. He had a genuine smile and showed empathy. My previous doctors I never felt that way. The Dr before Dr. Surrey was like a robot and showed no emotion at all.
We haven't had any treatment, but it is looking like IVF with PGS testing will be our only course of treatment. The antisperm antibodies makes it almost impossible of achieving a pregnancy naturally and with my age, PGS testing is crucial.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna Jewell)
I had a consult with Shawna on the day of my consult with Dr. Surrey. Even though I haven't had another appointment, I have communicated with Shawna and she is very helpful, forthcoming and empathetic. Her empathy and show of concern is a great comfort to me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic has great communication and make you feel like you're their only patient and that's alot too me. It's a new building and can be very intimidating when you walk in. I feel like there should be a little more direction when you walk in. The second time i was at the clinic I realized there was a information desk, there wasn't anyone at the desk for my first appointment and that made it a little more confusing. I'm sure the more I'm there the more comfortable I'll be with it. But at the same time, this experience is all new and I am still a little nervous about this entire process.
My insurance covers nothing for fertility assessment for me since I'm 45 and the cutoff is 44 or fertility treatment for any age. So everything we pay for is out of pocket. My 3 day hormone test was $555 for 4 hormones and the one day fertility assessment that includes the workup for my husband and I will be $3,000. We are currently saving for this workup. As I understand it, CCRM is one of the best and most expensive clinics there is. My husband is in a wheelchair so medical expenses are nothing new to us, so even though this will be very expensive for us, it's worth it.
I'm not sure what his approach is yet, we haven't got that far in my treatment
Lone Tree

Dr. Surrey is very caring, but also is blunt and honest. He excels at answering questions. Sometimes he goes a little bit too fast when giving information and options, which makes it difficult to process information. ... Used antagonist protocol with clomid. Dr. Surrey felt we could use a relatively aggressive protocol considering my resting follicle count which was 12.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey is very caring, but also is blunt and honest. He excels at answering questions. Sometimes he goes a little bit too fast when giving information and options, which makes it difficult to process information. He is personable and seems to truly care for us and be excited about our fertility treatments. I appreciated his honesty and friendliness.
Know that he will quote you lots of statistics and numbers, he is obviously very knowledgeable.
Dr. Surrey himself is very personable and attentive to my specific questions. The clinic sometimes makes you feel a bit of one of the numbers, mostly just in the difficulty reaching the nursing staff i.e. they are perhaps too busy at times, and the courses and steps they make you go through sometimes make you feel a bit like just one of the number. That being said, a lot of the information is really good.
Used antagonist protocol with clomid. Dr. Surrey felt we could use a relatively aggressive protocol considering my resting follicle count which was 12. Initially on ultrasound it appeared that only 4-5 follicles were responding, and my LH surge started happening despite taking the medications exactly as prescribed. During retrieval they were actually able to get 8 follicles. Of these only 6 were fertilized, 4 made it to blast/were biopsied, and then only 1 was PGS tested as normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Our nurse was extremely friendly and answered all my questions without any judgement. She was sometimes hard to reach and I felt the clinic's management of when she was off i.e. coverage was poor. The nurses overall however are all friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: expertise, great hours open/operating hours. Having a genetic counselor on site is amazing and very helpful. The ultrasound techs are really great, always felt comfortable and confident in them. I love how the nurses met with me after each and every ultrasound. Weaknesses: The financial office seems somewhat disorganized, got different answers from different people, had a hard time getting prices in black and white on some things. Sometimes the different departments didn't coordinate well i.e. nursing and financial.
We were able to utilize a discount program via our insurance, total for the cycle was 13,090 to include FET with additional 5,500 required for PGS/lab costs. Costs without this discount would have been closer to 19K baseline
Dr. Surrey strongly prefers a single embryo transfer approach, however was open to more but strongly cautioned and gave risks.

2017 - 2019
3 IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Surrey has been very helpful in explaining the steps of treatment, the potential outcomes, as well as potential risks. He is also very knowledgeable and truly listens to our input. I would recommend him to a friend. ... I have only completed IUIs with Dr. Surrey at this time (IVF is the next step). He was very thorough and each IUI was adjusted slightly to help increase my chances.
2017 - 2019
3 IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
He listens well when you self advocate, so if you know what is best for you and your body be sure to share that with him.
Dr. Surrey is very good at making me feel like a human, being sympathetic, and also listening. Sometimes he seems rushed (I am sure he is very busy!), but is overall a very nice doctor.
I have only completed IUIs with Dr. Surrey at this time (IVF is the next step). He was very thorough and each IUI was adjusted slightly to help increase my chances. Unfortunately, they did not work. However, I do not attribute that to anything Dr. Surrey did. My first round I was on a low dose of Clomid and this increased slightly as we continued with use of the trigger shot.
Very compassionate and kind nurses at CCRM. However, I get a lot of different answers when I call, depending on who I am speaking with. It is also at times to get ahold of a nurse or have one contact you back.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very kind at this clinic. However, often don't know answers to questions and don't contact you when requested. I often get different answers depending on who I am talking to in respects to billing, however it all seems to get worked out in the end.
During the time of our IUIs we had Kaiser Insurance so our IUI packages were around $750. However, the testing needed to get to the IUI point was also costly.
We were told that they typically transfer one embryo.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
During our 6 month journey...Dr. Surrey met with us multiple times in his office as well as called me personally a total of 5 times. He was always frank and optimistic with our results...After 3 doctors in the midwest could not figure us out...We could not be happier with Dr. Surrey solving our puzzle, but letting us know why the other treatments were not working...is honest and willing to modify treatments to make them work personally for you.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was frank and optomistic about our IVF journey. After 3 doctors in the midwest could not figure us out, we tried CCRM. We could not be happier with Dr. Surrey solving our puzzle, but letting us know why the other treatments were not working. Over the 6 months we were patients at CCRM I believe Dr. Surrey personally called me himself 5 times to speak about results or next steps and finally to congratulate us on a successful pregnancy via IVF at CCRM!
Come prepared to your office visits, phone consults, and ask a lot of questions. Dr. Surrey is honest and willing to modify treatments to make them work personally for you.
During our 6 month journey at CCRM Lonetree Dr. Surrey met with us multiple times in his office as well as called me personally a total of 5 times. He was always frank and optimistic with our results. Our nurse Dawn was always ready to answer my questions and promptly returned our phone calls and or emails. I would call CCRM the Disneyland of IVF it's more expensive than our previous clinics but the results are amazing. We are currently 4 months pregnant with our first child after 3.5 years of fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
Our nurse Dawn held our hand the entire journey through our first round of IVF. We were out of town patients from the Midwest, communication was key. Dawn was always prompt in answering phone calls and emails with questions. She always added a personal touch to each phone call and office visit. We loved working with Dawn and her staff!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The CCRM Lonetree clinic is like Disneyland for IVF. It is more expensive than the other fertility clinics we had been previous patients, but the results are worth it. The personal level and attention to your specific treatment's detail is apparent. If you are struggling with infertility I strongly suggest a trip to CCRM for a one day work up evaluation. You won't want another doctor to treat you!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
The staff who works in the ultrasound and blood draw labs are a comfort while undergoing daily tests. They always provided a comfort and positive outlook on the situation. Dealing with patients undergoing fertility treatments is not for everyone, emotions are high, hormones are raging. They must handle us gently and they did!
Total costs for IVF and medications was about $40K. More than one round at other clinics, but worth the successful results!
Singleton embryo transfers have a higher success translating to pregnancy. One embryo is also safer for the mother to carry.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I only saw Dr. Surrey two times for maybe 10 minutes each time. He acted like he knew exactly how to fix us (wife 29) self (31) and that if we spent extra money on their "special" process then we would have different results and make embryos. Dr. Surrey is very good on up-selling and pretending to have all the answers. Once he gets you locked into a contract, you're just treated like a number on a page. I feel as if they just use the exact same procedure for every patient and do the least about of work as possible because they have a formula and it works for 60% of the people.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Do not expect good communication. You will see him once or twice and everything will be handled by a nurse assisting him.
CCRM is operates like a money making machine. Even if you have had 2 other IVF cycles, they treat you as if you know absolutely nothing. When you check in, you wait and then jump on the assembly line. Everyone acts like a robot that works there. They get you in and out as fast as they can so they can get through more people.
I do not remember the details but they were similar to a cycle that failed previously at a different smaller clinic
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Andria )
Once again, they all act like robots. They do and say the same thing every single ultrasound and its extremely rare to get the same tech doing the ultrasound. There is zero personalized care at this facility.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is the leading infertility research facility in the country and has lead to thousands of couples having live births. The weaknesses would be how you are treated just like another number. The whole facility has a very structured system that is designed to treat the masses. There is no personalized care and after you have paid and are no longer a patient, they wont give you the time of day. I personally have been trying to get my screening/blood work sent over to my other doctor for my upcoming donor cycle. I have called and emailed and messaged them with the same response "we sent that xxxx date". every time I have replied that no I have not received it and it just gets passed off to another person that says.... "oh we sent that xxxx date". I really shouldn't expect anything else from this place because you are just passed off to different nurses every single appointment. Its crazy to think that you spend $24000 for one cycle and this is how you are treated. If I could do it all over again, I would have paid for the 3 cycle plan they offer but this was our last home that the best fertility place in the country could help make us embryos. Unfortunately even if you are under 30 and perfectly healthy sometimes things just dont work out...............
One cycle was $24,000 plus medications, hotel stay, and travel.
They are against multiple embryo transfer and make you go to a class where they can tell you the reasons they are against it.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I think Dr. Surrey would be great for someone doing IVF who wanted the standard or an aggressive protocol, and who didn't want to delve deeper into underlying issues. I had issues with my cycle that I thought were indicative of why conceiving would be difficult -- luteal phase spotting, and he literally told me I should take birth control if I didn't like the spotting, and told me I should just do IVF before it was too late (I'd been diagnosed with DOR). I was not interested in going to IVF without understanding the underlying issues with my body. Later, they found I had a unicornuate uterus, and I agreed that IVF was the best option but said I could try a few cycles of IUI with my local doctor if I wanted. He would not give me clomid/letrozole with a UU due to risk of multiples. He said the only medication he would give me was luteal phase progesterone. We don't have sperm issues, so I didn't want to do IUI, but asked him to prescribe me progesterone for natural cycles. I got pregnant immediately. He called me to say congratulations, but I then never heard from him again. I miscarried at 9 weeks. I've since switched to a different RE.
Make sure IVF is actually what you want to do if you go to him. He will not try less invasive / less aggressive approaches first. I had the feeling from the whole experience that CCRM was trying to make money off of me.
The Lone Tree office is so over-the-top fancy...I couldn't help but think of all that I was paying for that fancy waterfall behind the concierge desk that reminded us all of sperm flowing. I didn't see the doctor except for when I was paying specifically for a consultation, and when my diagnostics revealed a uterine anomaly and I asked to speak with someone about it (I was in shock and had no idea what it meant for my future fertility), the nurse didn't know who I was and hadn't reviewed my chart before talking with me, and didn't tell me anything useful. That said, the techs running the ultrasound and the HSG were extremely nice, comforting, and skilled.
He would not prescribe any medications (clomid/letrozole) due to my uterine anomaly (unicornuate uterus) and said the only option was IVF. I asked him to prescribe me progesterone during the luteal phase (my idea, not his) and he agreed. I then got pregnant spontaneously.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
She always seemed extremely busy, and most of the time it was not her responding to my questions. It was impossible to get anyone on the phone, but they did answer messages in the portal within 24 hours.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I felt like they were trying to make money off of me. They were reticent to bill anything to insurance, and often told me that things "probably wouldn't be covered" and then told me I'd get a lower rate if I paid out of pocket, but if they billed insurance and they denied it I would have to pay exorbitant amounts. AWFUL. This is a TERRIBLE way to treat patients -- scare them into paying out of pocket. Really, really terrible. They also messed up payment on the few things they did send to insurance and made me pay too much upfront anyway.
Initial consult -- $300 "regroup" consult -- $100 Day 3 bloodwork -- $500 Baseline ultrasound -- $500 HSG -- $600

7 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr. Surrey really cared about me and I felt like he really wanted us to be parents. He took his time with us and answered all of our questions...I was upset that he wouldn't let me join the acai study because it was only my first IVF cycle but due to my age and the fact that I was running out of time, I wish he would of just given me the supplements...was fair and although I did not like what he had to say in regards to my own eggs, it turns out he was correct.
7 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was fair and although I did not like what he had to say in regards to my own eggs, it turns out he was correct. I actually had a natural pregnancy during my treatment and when he found out he called me that same day to congratulate me. Unfortunately, that surprise pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I was upset that he wouldn't let me join the acai study because it was only my first IVF cycle but due to my age and the fact that I was running out of time, I wish he would of just given me the supplements. Maybe they would have helped.
Be prepared with questions and have a list.
I was put on Luteal Oral-Microflare protocol due to my age and DOR. We only retrieved 5 eggs, 3 fertilized and one made it to blast. We did a FET but it was not successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
I had all great nurses but the problem was that they were always quitting and I would be assigned a new one. It was frustrating to have to explain your situation all over again and build new relationships. It was exhausting.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I never had to wait long for an appointment. The office is clean and comfortable and everything runs smoothly. You know what to expect and they provide you with literature that explains everything. They are usually pretty good at returning phone calls. The billing is confusing and needs some work. I think the nurses need help though. They work long hours. They do care about their patients and I wish they had more time to devote to each one of us.
CCRM is very expensive. It makes getting treatment very difficult. I also hope that one day all insurance will cover treatment.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The only thing I wish was different is more contact with Dr. Surrey. Right now we are only doing IUI, which I feel in a sense makes us less of a priority. However, when I have questions or concerns and I convey them to his nurse, she always communicates his responses within 24 hours.... Our first meeting, he was so personable and kind. He learned my husband and I were both students and he gave us a discount on our services. He didn’t have to do that, but he was kind enough to offer that help for us. I feel like that really speaks to his character.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
The only thing I wish was different is more contact with Dr. Surrey. Right now we are only doing IUI, which I feel in a sense makes us less of a priority. However, when I have questions or concerns and I convey them to his nurse, she always communicates his responses within 24 hours. Since I’m not the only infertile person, I understand his time is limited and I have never felt like he doesn’t care about me as his patient, even if I am just doing IUI right now. Our first meeting, he was so personable and kind. He learned my husband and I were both students and he gave us a discount on our services. He didn’t have to do that, but he was kind enough to offer that help for us. I feel like that really speaks to his character.
Don’t be frustrated when you don’t see him every appointment.
In a way I feel like a number because there are literally so many patients at the clinic. However, when we met with Dr. Surrey for the first time, he took the time to get to know us and our circumstances. He did a great job at explaining our problems and identifying the solution. He didn’t sugar coat the truth, but he was very optimistic. It was about a year between appointments for us and it felt like we picked up right where we left off which really impressed me.
Dr. Surrey started us out on Letrazole because he said it was a better medication than clomid. He provided the research to back up his choice and felt very confident it would work for us. Day 2-5, ultrasound and blood draw to make sure we are good to go ahead with the meds. Day 5-9 letrazole. Day 12 ultrasound for follicle check. Depending on size and number of follicles, there may be a follow up ultrasound. Trigger shot of ovidrel exactly 12 hrs before IUI. My body didn’t respond as well the 2nd and 3rd time so we weren’t able to proceed with the actual IUI.
Taylor is great. I’m alwYs happiest when I get to see or talk to her. Kind, organized, and personable, she helps this confusing world of follicles, medications, and procedures less daunting. I’m grateful for her advocating for me in my behalf.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a well-oiled machine. It’s one of the top clinics in the US and it is easy to see why. The staff are all amazing and kind. Everything is always on time, I’ve never waited for an appointment from an ultrasound to a blood draw. The only weakness is cost. It is expensive. But in this business, everything is expensive. One thing that was different from my other doctor was there were a lot of blood tests and other tests my husband and I had to do before were even able to start a treatment. It was hard to shell out a lot of money before we could move forward but I understand it’s best to have the full picture about each patient before you start stabbing into the dark with treatments.
$350 for primary consult $150 for doctor follow up meeting $200 per ultra sound $100 for hcg blood test HSG $500 $150 for sperm analysis $185 per sperm wash (x2 if freezing sperm for use) I can’t remeber how much the actual IUI is but I think they estimate around $3000 with meds and ultrasounds/blood work and the procedure.

IUI, 3 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
I did the CCRM vitamin cocktail and Acai for 3 months prior to my egg retrieval [with Dr.Eric Surrey]... My follicle count was 21 and we retrieved 14 eggs, 5 to blast and 2 were ccs tested normal... I wish that he did look more into my husband's sperm issues and did more tests for him. After our egg retrieval he recommended more tests for my husband which we asked before we even did our egg retrieval and he said it wasn't necessary.
IUI, 3 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey did show compassion and I do feel like he wanted us to have a family. I wish that he did look more into my husband's sperm issues and did more tests for him. After our egg retrieval he recommended more tests for my husband which we asked before we even did our egg retrieval and he said it wasn't necessary.
Before meeting with Dr. Surrey, prepare all the questions that you have. Our meetings with him were less than 10 mins (both in person and on the phone).
I felt that Dr. Surrey knew who my husband and I were. However, I felt like a number with the CCRM business office and nursing staff. It was very difficult to communicate with the nurses and business office to where it made me think about leaving CCRM all together.
I did the CCRM vitamin cocktail and Acai for 3 months prior to my egg retrieval. I did the antagonist protocol and used menopur and gonal-f, and Lupron for a trigger. I did stems for 9 days. My follicle count was 21 and we retrieved 14 eggs, 5 to blast and 2 were ccs tested normal.
When you need to contact the nursing staff you call the CCRM main number and you leave a message with the nursing staff. Your assigned nurse is suppose to contact you, but you can also have anyone in the nursing staff return your call. It usually took about 5 hours to get a call back. One time I left two messages on a Friday, never got a call back. My call wasn't returned until Tuesday morning.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I do think that the CCRM doctors are great. However, the CCRM nursing staff are overworked and the business office is awful. Everytime I have to deal with the nurses or the business office I wonder why I put myself through this added stress just to see Dr. Surrey.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
They had monitoring times where you could go in for blood work.
For the IVF egg retrieval with CCS testing, I believe we spent just under $40,000.
I did not do a FET.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey is very honest and detail oriented focusing on percentage rates and numbers. What sets him apart to me is that he is so kind and treats me like a human who longs to be a mother. He gets that! And I truly feel like he's on my team rooting for me, trying to help me make the best decisions to get me that baby. He has a super funny personality that you don't ever really see in most doctors. I appreciate his humor and it makes this process a little more fun and light. I don't have my baby yet but I know he's doing everything he can to help me...and he cares.
Appreciate his humor and time. Take your time with him, he gives you his undivided attention. Try to think of any questions you have and write them down so you don't get sidetracked and forget.
Dr. Surrey has always been kind while still being scientific and calculated. He never rushed me while we were talking in person or on the phone. He is a numbers and percentage type doctor while having a great bedside manner.
With retrieval #1, I started with estrace morning and night for 7 days. Then I started 2 vials of menopur each morning along with 20 units of Lupron morning and night, and 300 units of gonal-f and dexamethasone at night. Dr. Surrey added in 2 vials of menopur at night and upping my gonal-f to 450 units for the last 6 days of stims to try to help move things along. I stimmed for 15 days and got pretty sick which Dr. Surrey thinks it was from the Lupron. Retrieval #2 went a little more smooth as he left the Lupron out and see if that would help keep the headaches down, and it did! I took 2 vails of menopur in the morning, 5 days of 35mg of omnitrope at night, and then 450 units of gonal-f, 100mg of clomid and .5mg of dexamethasone at night. Cetrotide was added in for the last 4 days of stims and my total days of stim meds was 14 days where I then took 3 trigger shots of 10,000 units of pregnyl and 2 shots from the leuprolide acetate trigger kit. Retrieval #3 was the same protocol as #2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Becca Cain)
Becca has been my saving grace. She is always on top of things, very organized, kind, knowledgeable and most importantly ACCESSABLE. You can almost always reach a nurse at CCRM very quickly.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is the best. They are professional and they know what they are doing. You get what you pay for and it's top notch service and care. Be nice to your nurse and it will set you up for great success! The business office can be a little slow but I think they are just very busy.
Physician cost $19,694; lab fees $30,166; anesthesia $2,850, facility fees $10,842; approximate medication costs $32,400; FET $5,445.00
I have a slightly T shaped uterus so Dr. Surrey recommended only one embryo transfer at a time. He said he would complete 2 of I really wanted to but it would decrease my successful delivery by 22%.

IUI, 1 IVF
Dr Surrey has personally called us several time to discuss treatment and test results. He has done all of my procedures and has been very kind and made us feel comfortable with the entire IVF process.... Dr Surrey was honest, compassionate and kind. He is always welcoming and I felt safe under his care. He explained all of our options and made our treatment plan feel very personal. After my retrieval surgery he made sure to talk to me in the recovery room to tell me how many eggs were successfully retrieved and made sure I was feeling good.
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Don’t hesitate to ask questions
I started with birth control and then was on gonal-f and memopur prior to retrieval. I then did Cetrotide and triggered with Lupron. Post retrieval I did a month on birth control, followed by Lupron. I then started estrace, baby aspirin, endometrum and IM progesterone prior to transfer. I am still currently on those meds. I am 8 days post transfer toast, just awaiting my HCG test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie)
Everyone in the clinic has been so kind and welcoming. They are very efficient. I do wish they would communicate results better. I had to ask on a few occasions for them to give me my results.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is very organized and efficient. They made me feel important and safe at all times. There are several different areas and we have been to each one. We are always greeted and welcomed. They explain exactly what they are gong to be doing and direct you to the next area. They offer several classes to explain the entire IVF process, as well as counseling and peer gatherings.
Dr Surrey recommended we only transfer 1 embryo. He made sure we understood all the risks and benefits of transferring more than one. We elected to do chromosomal testing on our embryos and we felt comfortable transferring the one with the highest grading.
Lone Tree

I really do like Dr Surrey as he has a great bedside manner and answered many questions- however, the clinic itself is very impersonal.... He spent a fair amount of time with us in the regroup- He is very personable and tries to answer your questions.... One thing that was disappointing was we had asked if he could write down what we discussed in our regroup and he said he would not be able to do that. It was complicated information and I was not trusting my memory. I guess be prepared to take notes before you leave the office
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I have only had two appointments with him as I'm in the early stages. I just completed the pre-work up. He spent a fair amount of time with us in the regroup- He is very personable and tries to answer your questions.
I really do like Dr Surrey as he has a great bedside manner and answered many questions- however, the clinic itself is very impersonal. I am in the beginning stages and have just completed all of my pre-work up- so we'll see how the rest goes
Because I am 45, and have low egg reserve , this doctor wanted me to have three retrievals. This put the cost up exponentially, almost doubling the initial estimate. The rationale is that they can fertilize all the exit once and then see what we have. However, I did get a second opinion from another clinic and they only wanted to do one egg retrieval at a time. I definitely left feeling confused after visiting both doctors and clinics
The nurses are great in person and I felt were compassionate. However, there were already a few mixups and we are at the initial stages. This makes me concerned. Furthermore, the communication is less than desirable, as they can be Hard to reach.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
From what I hear the clinic has an amazing lab, which is a good reason to go here. The clinic is comfortable and large and seems like they have very good equipment. However, it is impersonable and it feels very disorganized to me . One time I sat in the wrong place waiting for my procedure- and sat for a very long time. When I asked if I should be there, I was told yes I was in the right place. Then after 45 minutes, I checked in again and was told I was in the wrong spot. A similar thing happened another Time as well. It feels like they have no idea who is sitting in there waiting room. I was also talk to Rudely when I was told I had to do a procedure I was not expecting I needed to pay $700 that day. I asked if I could speak to a nurse or someone that can explain to me what this procedure was and was told that a nurse was unavailable, and if I were to speak to a doctor today, I would have to pay a fee to talk to them. It was very frustrating. I finally got a hold of a nurse after asking a million questions to the front desk person as to why I had to do this procedure. In the end, I did not have to do the procedure at all .
This is the most expensive clinic in the state. When comparing to other clinics, it is significantly more expensive. Also, my treatment plan that was laid out for me and it up doubling my cost. Another provider had a different treatment plan that was much more inexpensive

2010 - 2017
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Surrey was fantastic. He called me when there was something important to discuss, or if he knew I might have further questions about something. ... he had an incredible bedside manner without giving us any false hope. ... He was very matter of fact about our chances with my eggs and what it would take to get pregnant again. ... Be prepared to be told exactly how it is. ...
2010 - 2017
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was fantastic. He called me when there was something important to discuss, or if he knew I might have further questions about something. He had a great bedside manner, but was always straight forward as well.
Be prepared to be told exactly how it is.
I went to Dr. Surrey two times. The first time was in 2010 and resulted in a pregnancy. I went back in 2016 to see what my chances were for a second baby. Dr. Surrey remembered me, my husband, and our case very well. I realize he had all of our information in file, but he had an incredible bedside manner without giving us any false hope. He was very matter of fact about our chances with my eggs and what it would take to get pregnant again.
I remember he added saizen to the protocol. That was the only hormone I had not taken in my previous cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
My nurse was wonderful. Everyone was always incredibly optimistic and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and well managed once you become a patient. You are in and out quickly but without feeling rushed (you aren’t waiting in the waiting room for very long at all, but they take their time with you during your appointment). When you go for your initial one day work up, however, you will most definitely feel like you are being shuffled around and just “another patient.” It’s not that they aren’t kind, but you definitely don’t feel like a priority. The nurses and doctors are great, but the front desk staff always seemed a bit overwhelmed.
I had a surgery that would have cost $10,000 but they convinced my insurance to pay for half, so it was $5,000. The IVF with medications totaled to about $15,000. The one day work up was around $5,000.
At the time, he didn’t have much of a preference and let me decide. He recommended two. I’m sure those ideas have changed in the past few years though.
Lone Tree

[Dr. Eric Surrey planned an] Endometrial biopsy prior to egg retrieval to use tissue in culture medium that embryos were going to be placed. This will help stimulate a natural environment...Very kindhearted and stated facts. He called after hours to congratulate us on our confirmed pregnancy. And also called after hours once we made it through 12 weeks gestation to wish us good luck on the rest of our journey. I cannot find words to describe how wonderful he is.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
He made sure he explained everything thoroughly and even told us “I’m going to always be completely honest” and we appreciated that. I would recommend him to anyone and already have. Unfortunately we had a failed IVF attempt from a previous doctor, so Surrey was the second RE we saw. After the testing phase, he gave us his recommendations to peruse a treatment cycle and selected the best “protocol” for me. Care was definitely individualized and he suggested a few extra steps to increase our chances of having successful embryo growth. We have 6 more embryos frozen at CCRM and plan to use Dr Surrey again in the near future for frozen embryo transfer.
Dr. Surrey is very honest and will tell you his professional opinion. He is very caring and compassionate and is one of the kindest doctors I’ve had a chance to work with.
Dr. Surrey was amazing. Very kindhearted and stated facts. He called after hours to congratulate us on our confirmed pregnancy. And also called after hours once we made it through 12 weeks gestation to wish us good luck on the rest of our journey. I cannot find words to describe how wonderful he is.
Protocol to increase number to eggs-decreased egg reserve; Endometrial biopsy prior to egg retrieval to use tissue in culture medium that embryos were going to be placed. This will help stimulate a natural environment in hopes that we will have successful embryo development (We uSed a different doctor for first treatment cycle which resulted in 0 embryo development)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Colleen Parente)
Colleen was excellent and communicated very well. She also helped us with the cost of meds by giving us donated meds to help decrease medication cost.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed all the clinical staff. The nurses and embryologists were great. I felt comfortable with all procedures performed. The only thing I wish was better was the communication with the billing department. When I called and left a messaged I received an email saying she was too busy to return calls. I did however, get my questions answered.
Cost was more then previous RE doctor, but worth it.
We had several “A” quality embryos. Dr. surrey recommended single embryo transfer. My husband and I elected to transfer 2 embryos just in case. We are currently due in 6 weeks with one baby.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I only spoke with Dr. Surrey 3 times. Once at our first appointment, once at a follow up, after the 4 failed IUIs, and once during a hysteroscopy... When we met with Dr. Surrey, he was polite and informative. He didn't go over a ton of detail, but answered questions when they had them. I would say, I wish he would have given me more information up front about a lot of things.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Make sure to do your research and come with questions, especially if you like to be told as much information as possible.
I only spoke with Dr. Surrey 3 times. Once at our first appointment, once at a follow up, after the 4 failed IUIs, and once during a hysteroscopy. I did not feel like he saw me as a number, it was more the overall of the office. They didn't even know my name and I had been there at least once a week for 6 months...
We did 1 IUI with 50 mg of clomid, 1 with 100mg of clomid, and 2 with 75mg of letrozole. We switched to letrozole when my lining thinned out from the clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Colleen)
Colleen was informative, and gave information when asked. For the most part, she brushed over things and said "This is how we do things". I did like Colleen, but don't know that she really listened and understood me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall, I felt like a number to this clinic. I literally went there every week for 6 months and the same 3 people at the front desk did not know who I was. I didn't think they were compassionate towards people struggling with infertility. Also, there was one time that the phlebotomist tried to talk to me about my insurance and got my hopes up for something, but the front desk agreed with me that the phlebotomist was wrong. It was really hard to get my hopes up that there would be some coverage, and then have them torn away.
Each IUI was about $1400 including all meds, since we were 100% out of pocket. The testing on the One Day Workup got kicked back with my deductible, so we are still receiving random bills... I haven't been back to them since December.

Other, Unexplained
Dr. Surrey was fantastic. To some degree I think he took a bit for granted that my husband and I knew or understood more than we did at times, but if we asked him to slow down or asked questions, he was quick to adjust. Again, I knew that Eric Surrey didn't know me personally, but when we were meeting with him, it felt like we were the patients that mattered and that he was well versed in our specific situations. In terms of my expectations around meeting with a doctor at a large clinic, Dr. Surrey exceeded them in every way.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Write down questions ahead of time or as you are given explanations and don't be afraid to ask them. There's no reason to leave an appt. with Dr. Surrey unclear about next steps or anything he said.
I recognize that Dr. Surrey wouldn't know my details if we ran into each other on the street, but every time he talked to my husband and myself it felt like he was talking directly to us and our situation. I didn't feel like he was giving us canned responses or recommendations. In addition, when we went through an ectopic pregnancy, he treated us with compassion and understanding. Like he truly cared.
For IUIs, I believe the drug protocol was Letrozole + Trigger Shot + Progesterone suppositories. He preferred letrozole to Clomid because I had been on Clomid prior to the IUIs and did not see success. For the Egg Retrieval, I struggle to remember the exact drugs I took, but it was a fairly standard starting point...I don't think anything was specifically custom to my situation, since we were unexplained. For the Transfer, I started with a bit of birth control. I then moved onto using a steroid pill of some sort I think. For the bulk of it, I was on Progesterone Suppositories (twice a day), Estrogen Patches (worked up to 4 patches every other day), and Progesterone In oil injections (0.5 units) every other day. After labs were drawn at some point, they decided to increase the PIO injection to 1 unit every other day, and add in estrogen pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie was nice and helped me through the steps. She returned calls and answered questions. I felt like she could have been a bit more friendly or involved, but I know she also has a lot of patients, so it's very hard. There was some issue early on in my treatment. I had a Nurse (Kim) who was nice enough. She ended up leaving though and while I was notified she left, I was never notified of who my nurse was going to be. There was never an appt. set up so I could meet my new nurse or anything like that. I felt lost for a little while which was not a fun feeling.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a large clinic. That is a strength and may be seen as a weakness to some. You are not going to get a ton of 1:1 time with your doctor. And there may be times you have to remind your doctor or nurse of something. You need to be your own advocate and ask a lot of questions and point out anything that seems weird to you. But, they are among the best in this field and they always made me feel comfortable. The nurses and front-desk staff are so nice and friendly. I went to the Rose location in Denver and the woman (Ruby) who took my blood was phenomenal. She rarely left a mark, was always super quick, but most important was so nice. Her smile was the best in the middle of this terrible infertility journey. As long as you know what you are getting into with a large clinic, I think it's a fantastic place to be treated. I would never hesitate to recommend it to anyone needing treatment. And honestly, with how large it is, I think it would be possible for them to be WAY more impersonal than they are. They did a great job of making me feel valued and important when I was talking to someone.
It was a lot. CCRM is expensive and everything was out of pocket. I honestly have no idea what the total was.
Dr. Surrey recommended a single embryo transfer given our age and the unexplained nature of our infertility. I appreciated his candor and recommendation, and that's what we went with.

4 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Eric Surrey] reviewed my previous IVF cycle and tried to make it better for my second try. We are currently doing a third IVF and he has completely changed the protocol which is good. I am hoping for better results. He has always been very friendly and has a great sense of humor.... He is very attentive and answers all questions. I have also been in contact with my nurse who contacts him and gets answers very quickly. He also manages all of his own patients even though he is in a large group of physicians.
4 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
He reviewed my previous IVF cycle and tried to make it better for my second try. We are currently doing a third IVF and he has completely changed the protocol which is good. I am hoping for better results. He has always been very friendly and has a great sense of humor.
He is very direct and sure of what he wants to proceed with and that is something that I appreciate. On the other hand, he is also open to suggestions in the protocol and always listened to what I had to say.
The first IVF cycle with him was my second overall. I was on a normal responder protocol with suppression using birth control pills for one month, followed by stims (Gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone and cetrotide) I had a double trigger with that cycle. We retrieved 9 eggs, 4 mature, 2 blasts, one normal per testing. My first cycle we had 12 eggs, 4 mature and non were normal....so the second cycle was an improvement. I am about to undergo my third retrieval in 3-4 weeks.
I absolutely love my nurse. She is totally on top of it and always returns my phone calls the day of. She has also explained the protocols to me and the thinking behind meds etc. If she is every unsure of something, she contacts DR Surrey and gets me a definite answer. She is really a great nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is extremely well organized. You do kind of feel like just a number at times because it is like a factor - HOWEVER, my doctor and nurse have not given off this feeling. The location is very easy to find and everything is in ONE building which is great for the embryos. The weaknesses include the higher price and the fact that there lab only takes one insurance. I have to pay everything out of pocket and it is getting very expensive.
Initial work up is around 4,000-5,000 dollars 23,000 for first IVF cycle - includes PGS testing 15,000 for second IVF cycle - includes PGS testing
I have not transferred yet.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
After having 3 local RE's tell us our only hope was donor eggs we went to CCRM. Eric Surrey was honest and upfront that our chances were slim but he was willing and able to help us at least try. We ended up getting 3 great embryos...I have a very difficult diagnosis... Dr Surrey went pretty aggressive as I only have one ovary and at 31 have poor quantity and quality eggs. ..He was excited and optimistic in the good times and compassionate in the hard times. He was also very honest in our chances and never gave us false hope.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
After having 3 local RE's tell us our only hope was donor eggs we went to CCRM. Eric Surrey was honest and upfront that our chances were slim but he was willing and able to help us at least try. We ended up getting 3 great embryos. Our first transfer failed and he was compassionate yet optimistic for the next one. Our second transfer took and he was so excited for us, unfortunately after we were released from CCRM we had a 2nd trimester miscarriage. In our talks with Dr. Surrey now he has come with great options to try again with either trying to transfer into me again or a gestational carrier. I have CCRM to thank for giving me even the option of using my own eggs. Every step of the way from the nurses, to the front desk ladies to the lab techs and everyone in the operation area, they are all top-notch professionals. I cannot recommend CCRM and Dr. Surrey enough. You are in gentle, caring, empathetic, professional hands with them.
CCRM is expensive and the processing is daunting and scary. Trust them. They are a world class research facility in the top of their field, they won't steer you in the wrong direction. I would (and probably will) do it all again with them in a heartbeat.
I have a very difficult diagnosis and Eric Surrey wanted to be the only Dr at CCRM to help us because it was so difficult. He has kept to that promise. He was excited and optimistic in the good times and compassionate in the hard times. He was also very honest in our chances and never gave us false hope.
I don't remember the specific type of protocol for my retrieval, but we did clomid, final-f, menopure, cetrotide, and triggered with Lupron. Dr Surrey went pretty aggressive as I only have one ovary and at 31 have poor quantity and quality eggs. We ended up with 3 great quality embryos to freeze out of the 7 they retrieved. It may sound like a small number but the percentages are amazing with what we were working with. Transfer we used birth control, lupron, endometrian, progesterone injections, vivelle estrogen patches and an oral estrogen. My lining did really well on this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
I spoke with Amy 90% of the time and another nurse only 10% of the time, which I like as Amy knew what was going on with me. I spoke to Amy 2-3 times a week if not more. She was always informative and took the time to answer my millions of questions. She would also consult Dr. Surrey and get right back to me if needed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This place is amazing. Top notch, research facility, and highly regarded in the US for their field. My only negative is that they are very busy all the time so sometimes you have a little wait.
CCRM is very expensive. The first day initial work up was around $5,000, then the upfront cost for egg retrieval and first transfer was about $15,000 and then optional (which we did) CCS (genetic testing) for up to 10 embryos was $8,000. Medications were not included in this price which was about $6,000 for the retrieval and $1,500 for each transfer.
Dr Surrey only allowed us to do 1 embryo at a time as I only have half a uterus and the risk of twins was too risky. We did genetic testing and they really don't recommend transferring multiples when you know you have good embryos- we agree with their methods.
Lone Tree

I felt he [Dr. Surrey] was very knowledgeable, warm, and friendly. I only saw him twice I believe. We did a FET with our 1 remaining untested embryo from our IVF cycle in 2015. We had it shipped from IL to CO for the transfer. When the transfer failed the Doctor called me personally to tell me it failed. It was nice for him to reach out....We were disappointed and didn’t feel prepared for it not to work.... I wish I would have asked more questions on the likelihood of it working.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I felt he was very knowledgeable, warm, and friendly. I only saw him twice I believe. We did a FET with our 1 remaining untested embryo from our IVF cycle in 2015. We had it shipped from IL to CO for the transfer. When the transfer failed the Doctor called me personally to tell me it failed. It was nice for him to reach out.
I wish I would have asked more questions on the likelihood of it working. With an untested embryo with a 35 year old egg I guess our chances weren’t very high. We were disappointed and didn’t feel prepared for it not to work.
Maybe because we weren’t going through a full IVF cycle but just transferring an embryo but I dont even remember my nurse. I do feel like we were given a bunch of information but it was all contained and sent through a portal. It felt kind of cold vs having direct email access to my nurse
I don’t have access to my paperwork, I must not have saved it and it was sent via the portal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Yes but I don’t remember her name. All communication was through their portal. )
They answered questions within 24 hours via the portal. I had several nurses that would respond which made it a little confusing. My preference is to have 1 main contact.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A big weakness in my opinion is you are forced to use their in-house lab. Although I initially thought this was a benefit, very few insurance companies are covered under their lab. We ended up paying far more than we needed to. The clinic is nice, large, and well organized.
As mentioned earlier, their lab where they require all testing was not covered under our insurance when most places were. We didn’t find that out until we were too far down the path to turn back. I remember a hefty consultation fee as well, it was significantly higher than most.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The doctor [Dr. Surrey] has good bedside manner and seems to care, but at the same time, he has so many patients that it's hard for him to remember every specific case. ...Strengths: Bedside manner, knowledge, experience Weaknesses: Too many patients to really dive deep into someone's medical history, too busy to easily set up a meeting, no one explains the long term side effects of multiple IVF cycles/high doses of medications
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Be sure you know every piece of your medical history, medication doses, and lab results. Don't rely on the doctor to know all of this.
The doctor has good bedside manner and seems to care, but at the same time, he has so many patients that it's hard for him to remember every specific case. His first recommendation for treatment was a protocol that I had already tried unsuccessfully and I had to remind him of this. He then agreed his original protocol wouldn't work. If a patient didn't remember their medical history, or didn't feel comfortable objecting to a doctor's recommendation, they would have not received the proper care.
The antagonist protocol was used because my lab results were all very good. ICSI and IMSI were used for male factor infertility. None of my embryos made it to Day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Taylor Cook)
My nurse was on top of my cycle and I felt that she really cared. Having a good nurse can make this process so much easier. She never acted like I was bothering her. She only forgot to call in one RX, but apologized to me. If my nurse was out of the office, one of her colleagues would get back to me if I had any concerns.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is very organized and almost every person who works there is so kind. I have only ever spoken to one nurse who seemed to hate her job and treated me like a child (I'm so glad I only had to talk to her once!). You have to make sure you follow up on everything- labs, medications, pharmacies, payments, etc. The one huge weakness is the business office. They are very hard to get a hold of. It is extremely stressful when your payment is due in 5 days and they won't call you back. They only call you back if you say "I want to make a payment." They do not follow up on insurance claims and always blame the insurance company. They make mistakes on how much money they need to reimburse patients and you will only get your money back if you stay on top of everything. They require you to prepay even though the insurance company says you should NOT prepay for services. I have spoken with many other patients who get incorrect bills. The business office told them that the bill was sent in error because they don't always check to see if you've already paid for a service prior to sending a bill.
Ultrasounds for monitoring $ 1,000 Nurse Patient Coordination Fee (not billable to insurance)$ 1,175 Nurse Patient Coordination Fee (not billable to insurance done w/FET) $500 Retrieval of oocyte by physician $ 1,177 Transfer of embryo by physician $925 Ultrasound for retrieval $200 Ultrasound for transfer (done with FET) $200 Surgical Suite for retrieval (out of network) $3,279 Surgical Suite for transfer (out of network-done with FET) $1,005 Anesthesia: $475 Labs: $ 1,775 Sperm Isolation w/semen analysis $615 IVF-Lab-Oocyte identification $615 IVF-Lab Culture and fertilization $1,516 IVF-Transfer prep (done with FET) $615 Hatching or Blastocyst $925 Thawing of embryo (done with FET) $1,000 Embryo biopsy $1,600 Genetic Consult (not billable to insurance) $350 Fertility Genetics - CCS testing on embryos (not billable to insurance) $1,700 Embryo Freezing $975 ICSI $2,836 IMSI $525
I have not completed a transfer with this doctor.

2 IUI, 3 IVF, Embryo Freezing
Doctor Surrey is both compassionate and straightforward. He took his time to fully run every test and while it took a long time, i knew I was getting the best care. He made many recommendations but still left the door open for us to make decisions. We followed all of his advice. He genuinely cares about each couple he treats...We originally were going to do one IVF cycle. At the time of retrieval there were not many fertilized eggs and we decided to expand to a three cycle retrieval protocol per Surrey's recommendation.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Be patient. As an infertile couple we were so anxious for results. Everything took WAY longer than expected. Cycles were long, tests took time, the protocol changed and took longer. But it is all for good reason and we got results!!
Our care was personal and treatment was tailored directly to our diagnosis. Dr Surrey and the nurse team took their time to thoroughly explain everything throughout the process. They left no stone unturned
We originally were going to do one IVF cycle. At the time of retrieval there were not many fertilized eggs and we decided to expand to a three cycle retrieval protocol per Surrey's recommendation. After the third retrieval we opted for PGS testing due to my poor egg quality. This was also strongly recommended. We had certainty at he time of our transfer that our embryo was genetically normal and would have second guessed ourselves if it didn't take.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
While you have a designated nurse and a primary doctor, you will see many different people. Our doctor did not actually perform any of our procedures however everyone takes very good care of you! They are thorough and it takes time for tests and protocols but that is why they have such a great reputation!
The preliminary tests seemed endless and the costs added up. We went for the Rolls Royce of treatment plans and had three consecutive retrievals with a freeze all as well as PGS testing. I think the package was $50K, meds not included.
Because of PGS we felt a single transfer was a good choice. We could always come back for a second transfer if it didn't work.
Lone Tree
Dr. Surrey is very warm and patient. Our case went from straightforward (male factor) to more complicated than expected (I had a different reaction to a standard stim protocol than expected), and rather than treating that as a fluke, he changed my next stim protocol and had me more closely monitored as a result... My first ever IVF cycle was with CCRM. We had a male factor diagnosis, so I was on a standard (OCP antagonist) protocol. I did not respond as expected (stimmed too quickly, progesterone spiked), and we could not proceed with a day 5 fresh transfer as planned. We froze all and elected to do CCS testing because of that. 2/4 5-day embryos were "normal," one was transferred, and unfortunately I had a missed miscarriage discovered at about 13 weeks.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Less related to the doctor himself, but more the clinic/nurses: don't hesitate to reach out again to the nursing line, rather than just your individual nurse, if you haven't heard back. My first stim cycle, I expected my nurse to be following me more closely, especially since it was my very first cycle, but by my second cycle, I knew that things may fall through the cracks and was more proactive about communication that was urgent.
CCRM has a large patient volume, and I know each nurse carries a heavy load. Though sometimes we had nurses who were not as proactive or responsive as we expected/hoped (and we did have 3 different nurses over the course of 2 years of treatment there), Dr. Surrey was always kind and patient, and very open to our questions during meetings with him. After I miscarried a CCS-tested embryo that turned out to have a trisomy (very rare there, I was told I was one of very few documented cases at CCRM), he met with us and arranged a meeting with the head of genetics at CCRM, expressed deep sympathy, and even offered some financial relief for our next transfer.
My first ever IVF cycle was with CCRM. We had a male factor diagnosis, so I was on a standard (OCP antagonist) protocol. I did not respond as expected (stimmed too quickly, progesterone spiked), and we could not proceed with a day 5 fresh transfer as planned. We froze all and elected to do CCS testing because of that. 2/4 5-day embryos were "normal," one was transferred, and unfortunately I had a missed miscarriage discovered at about 13 weeks. We did testing of the fetus and he had a trisomy. We had extensive follow-up with our local genetic counselor and CCRM (Dr. Surrey and the genetics department), and learned that it was likely due to an undetected mosaic embryo. We decided to do another retrieval rather than a transfer of our remaining embryo. This time, Dr. Surrey changed my protocol (PAL protocol, which I understand is for high responders/PCOS patients, though I don't have a PCOS diagnosis). He also asked for daily monitoring starting earlier, and I believe started Ganirelix earlier as well. I responded much better to this cycle: we had 12 5-day embryos (versus 4), and 7 came back CCS normal. I transferred 1 of these and it resulted in a healthy pregnancy and live birth. My daughter is 18 months old now. We will go back for another FET in another year or so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: We had several)
I think the nursing staff has heavy caseloads and, at least when we were there, there seemed to be a fair amount of turnover (we had 3 nurses in 2 years of care). I got much more comfortable following up with the general nursing line when I hadn't heard back from my individual nurse. I felt I had to be pretty proactive - for example, following up to make sure care and test/ultrasounds were being coordinated with my local monitoring clinics and CCRM (this was somewhat complicated by my needing to use 3! different labs/clinics for various testing, as my home clinic - Kaiser - wouldn't do outside monitoring). Honestly, I expected and hoped that my nurse would be more on top of things. I do think it varies by individual nurse - my first nurse (no longer works there) was unfortunately the least organized and communicative, which was hard because it was my first ever IVF cycle, and I was afraid I wouldn't know enough to be on top of everything.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The strengths of this clinic are definitely their doctors and lab. I'm so glad and grateful that we decided to are were able to pay more and start treatment here. We were advised by our local doctors that we weren't a difficult case and that we could have success locally, and that may have been true, but after my first cycle it became clear that it wasn't as straightforward as expected, and I feel very lucky that my protocol was adjusted for the second cycle and we had success. This is an aside, but I also appreciated being "out of town" for retrieval and transfer, so that normal life was put on hold during those trying times. But coordinating care when you're not a local patient is definitely an added layer of stress. Weaknesses that I experienced (especially in 2014-2015) were inconsistency and communication issues with nursing staff - patient should be prepared to be pretty organized and proactive.
I think cost of 2 retrievals, 2 rounds of CCS testing, and 2 FETs, plus medication and local monitoring costs (all out of pocket) was close to $50,000.
Dr. Surrey encouraged eSET both transfers, due to my age and history, risks of multiples, and transferring CCS-tested embryos. We agreed.
Lone Tree

Dr. Surrey is upbeat and clear in his communication style. He makes sure everyone is on the same page and ready for the next step. He is professional, transparent, and approachable. He has a reassuring bedside manner. Dr. Surrey is thorough and attentive to you as an individual patient.... We started with a PAL antagonist protocal which lead to the successful retrieval of our eggs. A few days after the retrieval my levels were tested and it was safe for us to proceed with a fresh embryo transfer, which resulted in the pregnancy of our oldest child
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I think all infertility patients probably come prepared on their end, and you can expect that he will also be prepared from his end. He will add a voice of reason and hopefully also give you something to laugh about in this crazy journey!
During our regroups both my husband and I always felt like our medical history had been reviewed and that we were engaged in a true conversation with Dr. Surrey.
We started with a PAL antagonist protocal which lead to the successful retrieval of our eggs. A few days after the retrieval my levels were tested and it was safe for us to proceed with a fresh embryo transfer, which resulted in the pregnancy of our oldest child. When she was 13 months old we initiated the process for a frozen embryo transfer. The frozen transfer resulted in the pregnancy of our son who is now 13 months old. During both pregnancies we followed the standard medication protocalls up to I think 9 weeks gestation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
During our egg retrieval and first transfer our nurse was upbeat and organized, although something happened with our scheduling and while we were driving to the clinic for the transfer she called to inform me that a different doctor would b handling my transfer...this wasn't ideal in our eyes although you are notified that anyone could be doing your transfer (it just felt like a scheduling snafu on her part at the last minute). When we arrived we expressed our concerns and Dr. Surrey actually made a point to come and do my transfer which was very relieving. During our second frozen transfer experience our nurse was fine, I just never felt connected to her, and due to her schedule would sometimes receive communication from other nursing staff, again fine just didn't feel like she really "owned" us as patients.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We chose this clinic because of their high success rates. I would choose to go back again, as we have personally had great success there. Its a high price but has been absolutely worth it for us. I feel 100% confident in the labs handling of our embryos. The reception staff, ultrasound nurses, and venipuncturists have always been pleasant and we have had a good on site experience on our couple of visits to the clinic.
You would think I'd have this burned into my brain! Our frozen transfer was about $6,000 for the transfer itself, but if you add medication, travel, and out of state monitoring we spent about $10,000. Our retrieval and transfer was about $20,000.
We absolutely were provided with research and statistics as well as having a conversation with Dr. Surrey about eSET. In the context of our medical background, ESET was his suggested route, and we agreed for both of our transfers.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Surrey had good bedside manner, however it felt like he just applied the same plan to you without actually reviewing your history. For example was not clear of the medications I had taken during a previous cycle and had to stop half way through describing next steps because it changed the plan. Seemed to do extensive labs that weren't always indicated. Didn't know whether he had prescribed trigger shots or not...1) IUI with clomid and ovedrel. Dr. Surrey felt the work up didn't explain our infertility enough, so that starting with less invasive would be okay. Produced a chemical pregnancy - ?maybe. He called it a chemical pregnancy and ordered more labs then as we were starting the next cycle remembered I did a trigger shot and that could have explained the very very low b-hcg. 2) Repeat same plan. Negative
European, Latino, Native American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Make sure you are aware of each step and ask lots of questions. Question why you are doing things and review everything without assuming that he is aware of previous or current treatment.
Very busy clinic where support staff didn't know patients very well. Felt like you were part of a factory walking from one part to the next without individualization
Very poor communicators. Unable to get ahold of my assigned nurse directly. Would take 2-3 messages over 1-2 days to get a call back. Lacked empathy with negative test results - left voicemails and then just referred us to the in house counselor. When cycle was cancelled last minute put blame on us for something they missed. Would say they would call to set up next cycle or next re-group and never called.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very nice and fancy building. Have a Central Denver Office - but Dr. isn't there very often so have to drive to the suburbs for most of your care. Care costs more than other clinics and it appears a lot of that money is going towards a fancy building.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Meeting Dr. Surrey was intimidating because my husband and I were just coming to understand what our fertility issues were. However, he was vey clear with what our issues were and that we would never be able to naturally conceive a child (that was his bluntness, but I really appreciated that moment of truth). He indicated that we were perfect candidates for IVF.... He was gentle, and kind. He knew I was afraid of needles but assured my husband and I they would take good care of me while in retrieval.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Meeting Dr. Surrey was intimidating because my husband and I were just coming to understand what our fertility issues were. However, he was vey clear with what our issues were and that we would never be able to naturally conceive a child (that was his bluntness, but I really appreciated that moment of truth). He indicated that we were perfect candidates for IVF. We got all the "checkboxes" checked, T's crossed and i's dotted and I went in for a lining check before retrieval. As it turns out, I had a cyst. Dr. Surrey's favorite nurse (I was not a fan) said we would have to cancel the retrieval. I demanded to speak to Dr. Surrey - so he came to see me, performed the ultrasound again to confirm a cyst and said he could drain it on the spot. THANK GOODNESS he came to the ultrasound room. Shortly after that, he performed our only retrieval. He was gentle, and kind. He knew I was afraid of needles but assured my husband and I they would take good care of me while in retrieval. SUCCESS! Our first IVF cycle was a fresh transfer, so 5 days later, we were back in his office for a transfer. He recommended transferring only one embryo, but told me I could convince him to transfer 2, which we did. Shortly thereafter, it was confirmed that I was pregnant, and my numbers looked like twins! Unfortunately, my numbers started dropping just a few days later. As it turns out, we lost one embryo but were still pregnant with the other. Dr. Surrey called all the time to tell us the good and bad news. We are forever grateful for Dr. Surrey because we now have a beautiful 2 year old son, Ethan. When Ethan was born, we sent Dr. Surrey a birth announcement. He wrote us a letter back and called us congratulating us. In 2017, we did 2 transfers with Dr. Surrey again. He was hesitant the second transfer because he wanted me to lose some weight first, but didn't argue with me. I wish I had listened to him. It was hard to hear that I should lose weight, but he was telling me what was best for all of us. We had a successful transfer in June 2017 and were pregnant with 1 embryo. Again, he was very congratulatory. Unfortunately, we miscarried at 5 weeks. Dr. Surrey was the on-call doctor when I was having my miscarriage late one night. I was SO VERY thankful that it was him that answered the phone. He stayed calm and tried to calm me down with specific instructions until I could see them in the morning. Dr. Surrey was upset along with us when it was confirmed via ultrasound that we had, in fact, lost our baby. We told him we were not giving up and to see us in a couple of months. In October 2017, we did another round of IVF and transferred 2 embryos. Unfortunately, neither embryo took, and Dr. Surrey was on the phone with me very shortly afterward to talk about the path forward. We talked multiple scenarios and he provided his recommendation until we agreed on a path forward. In my opinion, Dr. Surrey KNOWS what he's doing. He is very good at his job. He will always tell you what the best path forward is, but will offer other scenarios and tell you the risks associated with everything. I feel like he's a good listener, is understanding, compassionate, blunt, and is willing to work with you. He is honest, and that carries so much weight.
Dr. Surrey will be blunt, and it might hurt to hear the truth (initially), but he knows what he's doing.
I felt like a human because after our son was born I 2015, Dr. Surrey called us to congratulate us. When we started back up with IVF in 2017, Dr. Surrey met our son. At both FETs in 2017, he asked how our son was, BY NAME!
Before each cycle, I took a low-dose birth control pill. After that, the meds were basically the same. Endometrin, Vivelle, Lupron, Progesterone in oil, Medrol, Doxycycline. We had success twice (IVF) with this protocol, but not the third IVF cycle. My cycle started with Lupron 10u/day until I started my Endometrin and Medrol and Doxycycline. I was on 1 patch of Vivelle every other day for 8 days and then it increased one patch every other day until told to stop. I started the Progesterone in Oil 0.5 mg every other day in the morning 5 days before the transfer. Again, I was told to continue all medications until specifically instructed to change or stop.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
I was not a big fan of my first IVF transfer nurse, Helaine. She didn't call in the birth control before my pharmacy closed for the weekend, and she didn't call in enough to get me on the right schedule. Then, when we were suffering our miscarriage, she was basically telling us that we should brace ourselves for losing both embryos. She also said it was not typical for first-time IVFers to get pregnant. Thankfully, she left CCRM before my next transfer in June 2017. I loved that nurse - gosh I wish I remembered her name. She was on the ball - always calling me back when I had a question just to let me know she got my message, even if she didn't have the answer yet. But, she ended up leaving CCRM right after our miscarriage. For our last transfer, they were still trying to figure out what nurse was assigned to us. So, I ended up talking to and seeing multiple nurses. It was hard because some nurses were super sweet and took their time talking to me and answering my questions. Other nurses seemed to be in a hurry and sometimes short with me on the phone if I had questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The doctor's are the strengths at CCRM. I believe they are all infertility specialists and have something unique to bring to CCRM and their patients. If you're not happy with one doctor at CCRM, ask to see another doctor.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
All monitoring appointments are in the morning, i.e. blood draws and ultrasounds. It was a well-oiled machine. Each person checks in at the desk and then sits and waits for their name to be called. Typically, you never wait longer than 10-20 minutes.
$2856.62 to CCRM, $3401 Fertility Labs of Colorado (FLC), medication typically ran from $1800-$3500 depending on the cycle. I don't remember specifics on what I paid for each blood draw or ultrasound.
Dr. Surrey always recommended to me that I only transfer 1 embryo. He said there is less risk involved later in a pregnancy if I were to be pregnant with a singleton vs. multiples.

Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. Eric Surrey] explained any changes in thought processes he had (e.g., change of protocol, change of our chances), and he didn't force family building plan on us because he was concerned that our odds were pretty low. He reassured me at the regroup prior to egg retrieval that he would be watching my case even though we were nearing the end of stimulation over a weekend. It's a good thing he was because I almost ovulated and had to do an immediate trigger shot with egg retrieval the next morning. Luckily, all the eggs were still there!
European, East Asian
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey was always warm and compassionate through the process. Prior to even going to CCRM, he read over my case and answered all my questions in the phone consult, and then, after our one day work up, he presented me and my husband a clear path forward. He explained any changes in thought processes he had (e.g., change of protocol, change of our chances), and he didn't force family building plan on us because he was concerned that our odds were pretty low. He reassured me at the regroup prior to egg retrieval that he would be watching my case even though we were nearing the end of stimulation over a weekend. It's a good thing he was because I almost ovulated and had to do an immediate trigger shot with egg retrieval the next morning. Luckily, all the eggs were still there! He called the deliver the good news that we had two normal embryos out of the six. At the time of transfer, he was very professional, and he must have done something right because we have our son!
CCRM is a big practice, so don't be afraid to be your own advocate and ask lots of questions. Dr. Surrey will answer them all, and if you are looking for someone with a good balance of compassion and honesty, he is wonderful.
Dr. Surrey was and is warm, kind, and compassionate while also being forthright, firm, and honest. I appreciated both, and my husband really appreciated the honesty. Our previous doctor gave us completely unrealistic odds, so Dr. Surrey's honesty while hard to hear was also helpful.
I primed with estrogen, and I used Lupron, Gonal F, Ganirelix, and a single trigger shot. I was originally scheduled to do a double trigger, but because I almost ovulated, I did the single. At my previous clinic, I had primed with birth control and did an antagonist protocol, but they did not retrieve many eggs though they were tracking 14 follicles that were growing evenly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Lainie Wolff)
My nurse had been with CCRM for several years, and she was confident, organized, compassionate, and funny. She always returned my phone calls and answered multiple anxious questions a week. She was like a therapist and nurse rolled in one! Going through IVF is so stressful, and while I still had to be my own advocate in the system, I wouldn't have been able to do it all without Lainie. She was wonderful!!!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Everyone at the clinic from the administrative staff to billing to medical records is warm and friendly and tries to be helpful. I followed two proverbs... squeaky wheel gets the grease and you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. (They're a bit outdated and cheesy but true.) I never had any problems with getting my questions answered or issues resolved as long as I was kind and assertive. A little human kindness goes such a long way on both ends.
Our insurance paid for most of it, but our out of pocket was $11,000 for the cycle and transfer, plus the cost of medication and travel (since we're from out of state).
My doctor let me choose to transfer one or two, and my husband and I chose one. There were many factors, including potential complications for me and multiples, financial considerations (e.g., high likelihood of bedrest with twins), and inability to stay at home to care for two babies (we both have to work).
Lone Tree

Dr. Surrey is a fantastic doctor! He has a goofy sense of humor which makes him very personable. I was an out of state patient..I told him I am open to donor eggs at this point. Dr. surrey convinced me to try with own eggs first. I am so glad I listened to him. Also, when the protocol did not work the first time( I ovulated early). He was so apologetic about it and waived off the fees for that cycle. Next time, he closely monitored me...he remembered so many details about me
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey is a fantastic doctor! He has a goofy sense of humor which makes him very personable. I was an out of state patient that had gone through two doctors and many ivf cycles. I was very dejected by the time I went to him...I told him I am open to donor eggs at this point. Dr. surrey convinced me to try with own eggs first. I am so glad I listened to him. Also, when the protocol did not work the first time( I ovulated early). He was so apologetic about it and waived off the fees for that cycle. Next time, he closely monitored me
Trust him! :-)
Dr. Surrey was very personable from the get-go. He treats so many patients, yet everytime I saw him over the course of the year, he remembered so many details about me. It felt nice to know, you were not just a number with this clinic
all I remember was CCRM Protocol 5 and 6
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
The first co-ordinator who thankfully quit was horrible! She forgot to order tests, medication! yes...medications, which are so crucial to the cycle. Had to run around on a weekend to get some filled due to an error on her part
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is run like a factory. They are in the top tier in the industry and they know people will go to them no matter what. Their finance dept is the worst, they held off my transfer cycle till the payment went through. You pay ahead and then they adjust their books and pay back the excess. The paying back part takes months even though a single days of delay is not tolerated from you. Despite all this, they have gotten down the process to a science. The protocols and the labs are excellent and that makes up for their fortune 500 type behaviour
CCRM strongly pushes for eSET. I had in fact requested a twin embryo which was denied

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Eric Surrey] recommended doing banked embryos as I had DOR, and this was expensive but turned out to be the best thing for me in the end. Technically, all of the procedures he performed (hysteroscopy, retrieval, FET), went very smoothly and painlessly (given meds for retrieval and mild meds for FET, but not hysteroscopy). I felt confident in his opinion and trusted the course that we took...
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Seemed to read through and use my previous results from another clinic and apply it clinically. However, I had very few setbacks, and so it is not possible for me to comment on how things would have gone if they did not go as planned. He recommended doing banked embryos as I had DOR, and this was expensive but turned out to be the best thing for me in the end. Technically, all of the procedures he performed (hysteroscopy, retrieval, FET), went very smoothly and painlessly (given meds for retrieval and mild meds for FET, but not hysteroscopy). I felt confident in his opinion and trusted the course that we took.
None specific.
Caring, knowledgeable, warm personality. Took time to answer all my questions.
I believe we used the antagonist protocol. Used Gonal F and Menopur (300 and 150 daily) after using estrogen for some period of time. Trigger was with both Lupron and HCG. FET was with estrogen and PIO. Same protocol used all 3 times with similar results (did 3 retrievals within 5 months or so to bank embryos to have enough for PGS testing).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
First nurse I had was not great. She did not return calls until the end of the day consistently and more importantly, I did not feel she really cared about my case. However, I got assigned a new nurse (Julie) as my first one left. Julie was excellent in every way.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: great reputation for lab in terms of embryo develolment, etc. This was my personal experience and I got better results with these cycles than the first one I did at another clinic. They also do lots of PGS testing, so very confident in their ability to handle embryos well. Compared to what I've read, they seem to be at the forefront of IVF advances. It's a big clinic, but I did not feel like a number. Mostly pleasant front staff, excellent nurses and ultrasound techs, and excellent OR nurses. Procedures all went smoothly with great anesthesia management. Another strength was the reaching out to out of towners for support groups which I found extremely helpful. Great counsellors/psychologists running the groups. Weakness: very expensive. More so than my first clinic.
Egg retrieval (included 3) plus one FET: $45,000 Medications: about $18,000 (for 3 cycles) Travel/accommodations: about $10,000 One day work up (prior to starting retrievals): ?3000
He was open to either single or 2 embryo transfer but strongly recommended sFET and was in agreement when we chose to go that route.
Denver
Kind. Empathize with our situation. Compassionate and caring. I felt he [Dr. Surrey] committed to us and was willing to do all he could for us. He genuinely seemed to be vested in us and our outcome. We didn’t visit with him as often as we’d hoped but understand why. ... He spoke to us after all the testing about IUI and what the odds were of a pregnancy with that vs. IVF. I felt like we were well equipped to make a decision
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Kind. Empathize with our situation. Compassionate and caring. I felt he committed to us and was willing to do all he could for us. He genuinely seemed to be vested in us and our outcome. We didn’t visit with him as often as we’d hoped but understand why.
Not specific to dr surrey, but just IVF in general, prepare for expensive and emotional treatments
Was empathetic to our situation, I was dealing with my mother on hospice at the same as infertility and when I cried in his office he was kinder to me than I had ever expected. He just listened and was kind.
I don't remember specific treatment strategies but I do remember feeling like Dr. Surrey was thorough with the testing he ordered to be done. We did not know what our fertility problem was and before we jumped into IVF we wanted to know if there were other options for us. He spoke to us after all the testing about IUI and what the odds were of a pregnancy with that vs. IVF. I felt like we were well equipped to make a decision about what we wanted to do. He explained with our specific situation that we have a less than 10% success rate with IUI and that we can try it, but he does not feel like it would get us a baby. (keep in mind, my mother was on Hospice and he was trying to be sensitive to the fact that i didn't have a lot of "time" to play with IUI).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laney)
All were wonderful. The only complaint i would have is that in some cases i was kept waiting for an extended period of time to see someone when i had an apt. In some situations, i was waiting 20-25 min past my apt. time. I felt they were all compassionate, and were patient when we asked many questions. I also received a lot of reassurance from them when i felt over whelmed or afraid. Laney was very easy-going and made an emotional situation that much easier for us.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Weakness- extended wait times for apts. Weakness- Extended wait time for initial consultation. We waited 60 days for our apt. Weakness- not being about to get anyone on the phone when we had questions. Lots of "hurry up and wait" this is hard when you have already waited so long to have a baby. PRO: compassionate staff from the receptionist to the doctors. Everyone was pleasant, and kind. PRO: organized! I never felt shuffled or like someone didn't know what was immediately going on with us.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
If i showed up at the soonest time, i had to wait longer than if i waited a bit. All apts. were quick but also felt thorough.
We had to do a lot of testing. In total we spent $35,000. I dont remember specific costs for each test or treatment.
He left it up to us. We had A+ embryos and had quite a few of them fertilize and split successfully. He left how many we wanted to implant up to us. We ended up going with 1 embryo on a fresh transfer and had a baby girl as a result.

2013 - 2014
We had a long history with many non-standard treatments. He [Dr. Surrey] listened to all our concerns, reviewed all my on-standard suggestions, discussed pros and cons...Dr. Surrey was very knowledgable. But not a jerk. The analysis was very thorough and he found scar tissue in my uterus, that was overlooked by other doctors. We did treatment prior coming to him to address longstanding bacterial issues, and were considering monitoring immune levels during pregnancy. While this isn't his specialty, he was able to work with us, and the specialist team that we coordinated with.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
They are experts. Dr. Surrey was very knowledgable. But not a jerk. The analysis was very thorough and he found scar tissue in my uterus, that was overlooked by other doctors. We did treatment prior coming to him to address longstanding bacterial issues, and were considering monitoring immune levels during pregnancy. While this isn't his specialty, he was able to work with us, and the specialist team that we coordinated with. He allowed me to add to our protocol things that he felt could help, but wouldn't hurt, ultimately allowing me to help craft a cycle that I could have hope in.
Come with all your questions written down. If you have a hunch about a problem or alternative things to try, discuss it. In many cases my hunches were totally not relevant to me, but he explained why. In others, he understood why I needed to try something different than before and we worked at it until both he and I were comfortable with the plan.
We had a long history with many non-standard treatments. He listened to all our concerns, reviewed all my on-standard suggestions, discussed pros and cons. We were happy that he could handle us having a team of experts, rather than ignoring our underlying problems.
The protocol for the retrieval was very similar to what I'd had at a previous clinics. But they monitiored me much more closely, growing the embryos slower. tweaking meds more frequently. We had scar tissue removed after creating CCS normal embryos. We had a follow up apt to confirm the uterus looked good. We did an antihistamine protocol before the transfer (prednisone/Claritin/Pepcid) which in my own assessment is an immune-modulating type of treatment, minor as it is. We did additional antibiotics leading up to the transfer as a booster to my previous treatments for latent bacterial infection.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Very responsive. Clinics are very busy, so I always recommmed all patients double check two times and stay on top of their own med needs. I did this, and all went well.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Organized. Thorough. Great embryologists. Much more attention to the details and progress of every phase of the IVF process than I experienced elsewhere. In house lab, in house financial councelor, in house genetic councelors, patient ed regarding genetic testing, all streamlined to educate the patients, and make the process easier.
We did one cycle. I think the base price was around 22K. Genetic testing was around 6K One day work up was around 4K. We did a surgery for tissue removal. All in all when meds were paid, out cycle probably cost about 35-40K. While this is twice the cost at our previous clinic, we got more blasts from the one cycle, than from two at that other clinic. Plus it stuck.
We insisted on eSet. He was happy about that.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Surrey is a very compassionate doctor and that is his biggest strength. He makes you feel better in his presence. He has a calming demeanor, and never stresses you out as a patient. His biggest weakness, and this goes for all of CCRM, is that he is too stuck on their prescribed protocols and getting things to look "perfect". We wasted SOOOO much time on mock cycles, and so much money. This is what eventually drove us to leave CCRM. The rules are silly in a lot of ways and they don't even have good explanations for most of them. The insurance situation is also inexcusable. I think it is unconscionable for a fertility clinic to make their patients more stressed out than they already are, and this is what their silly insurance rules do...
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Don't go to CCRM unless you have a problem that requires a top-notch lab. I never should have spent the time and money to go to CCRM for a thin lining problem...
Dr. Surrey always made me feel like a real person when we sat face-to-face or had a scheduled conference call. His bedside manner was fantastic. However, he never really went above and beyond and I felt that he gave up on my case too early.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Samantha (Sam))
Sam was organized and on top of things, I didn't have to double-check her instructions like I have with other nurses at other clinics. But she was pretty cold in a lot of ways. I honestly think she must have become pregnant during my treatment because she wouldn't meet with me in person and later my nurse was switched to Lanie (who was 3-4 times nicer than Sam) because Sam was "out for a few months". If this was the case, I can cut Sam some slack because I'm sure she was distracted and not feeling particularly compassionate to her patients... I also really disliked that Sam wouldn't allow me to email her.
Lone Tree

Dr. Surrey is highly knowledgeable. He is to the point and seems understanding, which is important when you're discussing sensitive issues. However, almost all of my contact has been with my nurse. I've only talked to Dr. Surrey to discuss significant decisions in treatment or direction...We wanted to proceed conservatively so Dr. Surrey suggested that we start with medicated IUI since our infertility is unexplained. IUI has at best a 20% chance of working each round so multiple rounds are suggested. We did 1 round with clomid, HCG trigger and IUI. Switched to Femara for 2 rounds
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Understand that you will be treated by the CCRM practice, not just Dr. Surrey. Dr. Surrey is like a supervisor in the process.
CCRM is a large practice with a lot of process. Your nurse coordinator is your guide and primary point of contact. I have really appreciated my nurses but have been reassigned a couple times (just circumstance) so that's perhaps made the process seem more intimidating than it is for others.
We wanted to proceed conservatively so Dr. Surrey suggested that we start with medicated IUI since our infertility is unexplained. IUI has at best a 20% chance of working each round so multiple rounds are suggested. We did 1 round with clomid, HCG trigger and IUI. Switched to Femara for 2 rounds because I got visual side-effects from the Clomid. No success so we're doing work-up for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Colleen)
At first I was unassigned and then I've been treated by Christina and Colleen. I would say the nurse coordinator is the most important part of the CCRM experience - your nurse is the primary person responsible for follow through and making sure that you understand and are comfortable with what is happening. All of the nurses at CCRM seem highly organized, effective and compassionate.
Eric Surrey

Very warm and caring doctor. No empty pregnancy promises, just facts! He explained everything in through detail. He called us personally to let is know important results. He was always there when we needed to speak to him even if he was out of the office. He even took our call while on family vacation. He is an excellent doctor!...Dr. Surrey only wanted us to do one embryo because of the risk with multiples but we opted to do two...
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Very warm and caring doctor. No empty pregnancy promises, just facts! He explained everything in through detail. He called us personally to let is know improtant results. He was always there when we needed to speak to him even if he was out of the office. He even took our call while on family vacation. He is an excellent doctor!
Listen and ask questions, he is very smart!
We did IVF with donor sperm. The hospital actually has a funded program that we qualified for, however we ended up not using it for several reasons. One reason was Dr. Surrey didn't want us to feel as though we had any what ifs through out the process. We used injectable fertility meds to stimulate the ovaries and then did the egg retrival. A month later we went back and did the frozen transfer of 2 embryos. Frozen was siggested instead of fresh beause of his amd the clinics success rates! Also due to testing that would take longer. We are now 6 months pregnant with twins by choice. Dr. Surrey only wanted us to do one embryo because of the risk with multiples but we opted to do two.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Nuring staff was always always there when you needed them. Very compassionate and explained everything. If they couldn't answer your question the would get back to you same day with an answer.
This clinic is on the expensive but is worth every penny!

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
I cannot imagine a better doctor than Dr. Surrey! He keeps it light and always makes me and my husband laugh by the end of an appointment, even when we have difficult discussions. He is by far the best doctor we have ever seen (fertility or otherwise) ... Dr. Surrey is very genuine and you can tell he truly cares for his patients ... Dr. Surrey said because I was under 30, he only wanted to transfer 1 embryo.
European, Latino, Native American
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I would not hesitate. We were recommended to him by a friend and I totally see why they loved him!
Dr. Surrey is very genuine and you can tell he truly cares for his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Weber)
Nicole W is an angel. We trust her completely because she truly has our best interest. She has laughed with us, cried with us, and truly the experience would not have been the same without her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is like a well-oiled machine. We have visited other clinics and none have run as smoothly as CCRM- they are truly the best! The wait times are short/average and all of the nursing staff is helpful. The only thing I wish was better was the cost.
In total, we spent about 27,000 USD for 1 retrieval and 1 transfer (includes genetic counseling and all labs/procedures, but not medication)
Dr. Surrey said because I was under 30, he only wanted to transfer 1 embryo.
Lone Tree

He [Dr. Surrey] is knowledgeable and will provide you with all options and talk through them with you... always made me feel comfortable and explained the process and all tests that I have had done thus far, sometimes more than once. I have had most of my communication with him over the phone as I don't live in Denver, and have only been to the clinic once. He always takes time as if it was an office visit.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I am currently beginning IVF treatment and have had many many questions throughout the process. Dr Surrey has always made me feel comfortable and explained the process and all tests that I have had done thus far, sometimes more than once. I have had most of my communication with him over the phone as I don't live in Denver, and have only been to the clinic once. He always takes time as if it was an office visit.
Ask as many questions of him. He is knowledgeable and will provide you with all options and talk through them with you.
Always listens, answers all questions and makes me feel like as though they are invested in me and my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
The nursing teams at CCRM are wonderful! I have called/emailed them with all sorts of questions and sought their advice many times. They are compassionate and knowledgable of your situation and process.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The process is overwhelming and if possible, bring a friend or someone with you. The staff is very helpful and will get you to the correct place and person you need to see. I would have liked for the welcome and into to the clinic to have been longer and given more specific information about the clinic. (Layout, etc)
Denver

I felt comfortable with him [Dr. Surrey] - easy to trust and feel confident with his recommendations. My husband didn’t enjoy his use of humor but I found it to be calming. Took the level of stress down a notch for me....Since all of our tests checked out, he recommended 3 IUI rounds. Being diagnosed with unexplained infertility didn’t lend itself to jumping into IVF. We are on our third attempt now.... At times it felt as I had to direct care - being aware and advocating for the next steps in treatment
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
I felt comfortable with him - easy to trust and feel confident with his recommendations. My husband didn’t enjoy his use of humor but I found it to be calming. Took the level of stress down a notch for me.
Ask questions!
At times it felt as I had to direct care - being aware and advocating for the next steps in treatment rather than the other way around. It seems like there is an automatic process for all - lacking in the individualized care.
I’ve had several different nurses so the change over doesn’t help in the sense of continuity of care. I’ve needed to remind the nurses of information the previous nurse knew in order to direct care.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It’s siloed too much when it comes to doctor / nursing / financial. There seems to be a disconnect from each department which creates barriers to communication. I’ve enjoyed using the portal to help with communicating treatment steps rather than voicemails.
Roughly 7,000 for diagnostics and 3 IUIs

2 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Dr. Surrey is very kind and has a great bed side manner. When I speak with him I feel like he’s engaged and I matter....Dr. surrey is very kind. He was optimistic when we first met with him and we have no had success so it’s hard to be happy. I am disappointed because we made decisions on his optimism and that has cost us a lot of money....We have done 3 transfers and little things have been tweaked but now he says there is nothing we can do different.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Ask lots of questions.
Dr. Surrey is very kind and has a great bed side manner. When I speak with him I feel like he’s engaged and I matter. As soon as I am out in the treatment sphere I feel like it’s a factory.
Dr. Surrey was patient and I did get good results form retrieval. After my first round I only had 2 blasts form 11 fertilized and thy were abnormal. He added calcium ionophore he n cut time and we got 5 blasts. We have done 3 transfers and little things have been tweaked but now he says there is nothing we can do different.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Taylor, Andrea)
Thy have a lot of patients and do their best but some mistakes have been made.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Factory. It seems like all they care about is money. It’s organized in such a bureaucracy that you can’t get any help. Each department operates in isolation and the patients pay the price. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone in billing is embezzling money.
About 24k for one cycle. However this does not cover everything. Little additional charges seemed to pop up every time we went to ccrm.
I like that he encourages transferrignone.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr Surrey was direct and honest but not insensitive. He would go through our options with us in a way we could understand. He also listened to our thoughts and requests, so we felt like we were a part of the decision making process...IUI with clomid and trigger shot for 3 cycles. He thought we were good candidates for this over IVF. After that didn't work he said that we could try IUI with letrozole or IVF. He felt that we were nearing the end of IUI being successful however we wanted to stick with it and try the new drug.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Surrey was direct and honest but not insensitive. He would go through our options with us in a way we could understand. He also listened to our thoughts and requests, so we felt like we were a part of the decision making process. In the end everything worked out great.
Don't expect miracles right away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace and the other staff were very caring and understanding. They would communicate regularly with next steps and results. It was nice that everyone was friendly and would take the time to learn your name.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall organized, compassionate and friendly. It's a stressful time so I think they are used to people be anxious and needing to know as much information/results as soon as possible. There were a few times I felt stressed but it I was always able to get someone to answer my questions.
It was not covered by insurance so I just paid with my credit card at the end of every appointment.
He did want us to move to IVF since we had done 3 cycles. We felt strongly about giving IUI a few more chances and the new drug worked.

Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
I have really enjoyed Dr.Surrey. He is personable and acts like a real person...not a robot like some doctors. My only wish is that he would pull out all stops all at once. I understand he needs to try different things but sometimes I wish he wasn't quite so conservative in his approach...He changed things a lot as we went through my treatment. The one thing he is changing for my second FET is adding an endometrial scratch.
Male Factor, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Have all your questions ready for your meet-up time. It's so hard to get questions answered directly from him after that.
Very friendly and personable
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie is really good at getting back to me quickly. Sometimes I felt confused about what our plan was and she was usually good at answering my questions and frustrations.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a great reputation-as a result, they are very busy. You definitely get shuffled through and it's hard to get answers to things like billing or really anything that your nurse can't answer for you.
We had some insurance coverage but it would always take forever for any repayment and I still haven't received reimbursement from CCRM, even though I'm owed it. All in all, it's been a very expensive endeavor.
He is very much pro eSET, especially with CCS tested embryos but ultimately the decision is mine.
Lone Tree

[Dr.] Surrey always made me feel like his priority. I’m a talker and he never rushed me...He consults with other doctors every week...He doesn’t recommend two embryo transfers unless really needed or wanted, but he still gave me my 2 beautiful girls...FYI, he has twins himself. Lol! We loved him from the start and felt it even more through the end!... was taught under SchoolCraft, but unlike his teacher and has the smarts and social skills to make the process easier.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Surrey was taught under SchoolCraft, but unlike his teacher and has the smarts and social skills to make the process easier. I sincerely think he’s the top doctor at CCRM. He always said I’m going to error on the side of caution and if it goes better than planned, I get to be the hero. He consults with other doctors every week, so CCRM is sometimes a team effort, but they all have different approaches. He doesn’t recommend two embryo transfers unless really needed or wanted, but he still gave me my 2 beautiful girls. We loved him from the start and felt it even more through the end!
Stick with him. He’ll find the magic potion to make those eggs grow.
CCRM has a ton of patients, back to back appts, but Surrey always made me feel like his priority. I’m a talker and he never rushed me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strength: Liked the support group, phone calls returned quickly, patient portal for questions. Weakness: first nurse was less calming, rushed, so I ask for a new nurse. Lainey loved to talk and answer questions. Unfortunately she’s no longer there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Some I did at CCRM and others at my OB since I didn’t live in Colorado.
I got to choose, but he suggested single embryo transfer vs two. FYI, he has twins himself. Lol!
Lone Tree

There is very little communication with the Doctor [Dr. Eric Surrey]. We left almost every appointment feeling confused and frustrated. We wanted to adjust our treatment plan and were unable to speak with the Doctor about it. Our concerns were never addressed....This [CCRM]is a busy practice. I feel like they are too busy to provide care that is equal to the cost. I hear that they have good results but stress is an important factor in this process. I felt very stressed because I did t understand what was going on and when I asked questions, they seemed annoyed with me.
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
There is very little communication with the Doctor. We left almost every appointment feeling confused and frustrated. We wanted to adjust our treatment plan and were unable to speak with the Doctor about it. Our concerns were never addressed.
You have to be an advocate for yourself. Push for the things you want and also make sure you are given accurate medications and you know what the medications do. Communication is a struggle with this practice.
It felt like the treatment was not specific to my issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tarrah Hall)
Our nurse made our experience at CCRM terrible. She refuses to answer questions. She told me inaccurate things many times. She acted annoyed and told me that she was too busy to answer my questions. I cried several times after getting off the phone with her because she was so rude.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This is a busy practice. I feel like they are too busy to provide care that is equal to the cost. I hear that they have good results but stress is an important factor in this process. I felt very stressed because I did t understand what was going on and when I asked questions, they seemed annoyed with me.
$4000

5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
It was a factory. He [Dr. Surrey] was nice enough but I was a number.... I got a beautiful baby out of the experience and that’s what I came for. It wasn’t a hold your hand and cry with you experience, but it worked. The other three doctors failed. He was knowledgeable but I had hiccups along the way. I was severely overstimulated and got very sick. They pushed me through it. I would go there 100 percent again but knowing it was about the result and not the experience
Investor
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Think about the outcome. Stay on top of your doctors. They are overworked and unorganized. But it’s all worth it
It was a factory. He was nice enough but I was a number.
I can’t remember all of that. It was overwhelming amount of info.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember)
They were nice but I was constantly calling got updates and medicine corrections. They sent home descriptions on paper gif md yo update daily myself.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They have proven results. Very unorganized. Factory “just a number” feel They have a lot of paperwork and a therapy person, which was great. So many people coming and going. They were efficient in their testing and blood work. Much better than other clinics.
We were fortunate to have insurance at the time.
We discussed two vs one and decided two was my best bet. I carried two for several weeks but one one in the first trimester.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Surrey is the best! He was brilliant, warm, caring, explained everything and supportive. Would 100% refer to him. AND he said I would not had a 12% chance of getting pregnant... I got pregnant and delivered twins on my first IVF cycle. Boom!!...There were no weaknesses [at CCRM]. I had it 100% positive experience in all areas with this clinic...I got extraordinary care from the nurse that was assigned to me and the entire staff. I never had any issues with them whatsoever. They went out of their way to make sure my calls got returned in a timely matter, I got the information that I needed and helped with scheduling as best as possible. Extremely professional and compassionate
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Know that you are absolutely in the very best hands he possibly could be. Know it.
Dr. Surrey~ Was kind, caring and supportive. Genuinely excited when I got pregnant with twins at my age (43) on my first IVF try. He's incredible. I highly recommend him!
My cycle was done in 2004, so, it's not current or relevant compared with today's protocols and I can't remember it anyway! LOL!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
There were no weaknesses. I had it 100% positive experience in all areas with this clinic.
I do not have any insurance coverage for this procedure but, they offer submitted the bill anyway. The prices were comparable to other clinics prices at the time.
Dr. Surrey was wonderfully supportive, Frank and helpful. He offered it to me and suggested it might be a good idea for me because I was 43 years old having twins by myself but, at the time, The procedure carried more risk than it does today and I was not willing to take the risk that I would lose the pregnancy entirely if I reduced down to one embryo from two since, statistically, The odds are very low that the pregnancy would and in a positive outcome anyway.

South Asian, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Surrey has always been kind while still being scientific and calculated.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is huge, but everyone is very professional and polite. The clinic is huge, but everyone is very professional and polite. The clinic is huge, but everyone is very professional and polite. The clinic is huge, but everyone is very professional and polite.

2014 - 2017
Dr. Surrey was meticulous and precise in his methods. I really felt like he had so much more expertise than any other doctor I have seen. He covered all bases to make sure we would have the best chances of success.... He has a great bedside manner and seems to really care about his patients.... We did injections (don't remember exact ones!) and egg retrieval. We used ICSI and did CCS (genetic testing) and froze day-5 embryos.
2014 - 2017
Investor
Trust him!
He has a great bedside manner and seems to really care about his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
The entire staff at CCRM is top notch.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is great and the staff are experts but I learned that you have to make sure you fully understand what is happening and ask questions if you don't. You have to be your own advocate in this process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
I did my monitoring appointments at a local clinic as I was an out of town patient.
I luckily had insurance coverage so my costs were relatively minimal. I probably paid ~$5k as genetic testing and acupuncture were not covered.
He encouraged me to only transfer one embryo.
Lone Tree

So far, Dr. Surrey has been upfront and candid with us. He's been very friendly and answered all the questions we had with patience and compassion. He covered many of the things I was curious about before I even had a chance to ask. He made us feel at ease and like we could trust him...We've only been to a few appointments and just finished up all of the initial testing he requested. We have a follow up appointment in a week and will decide what our plan is from there.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Feel free to ask your questions.
He was very friendly and talked to us, not at us or over us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Becca)
Becca has been very responsive and has answered all the questions she could, and referred us to Dr. Surrey when needed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The people are friendly, and we haven't had long wait times like we've had with other doctors. The signs at the front make it pretty clear where to go when you walk in the doors.
The costs were a little more than the other two clinics we visited, but our insurance discount coverage made it comparable.
He seemed to prefer doing a single embryo transfer and acknowledged the risk of multiple transfers.

2013 - 2017
7 IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
He [Dr. Eric Surrey] is blunt and compassionate and optimistic at the same time. Willing to take on my difficult case with this far great results... He thoroughly explains each step, what to expect and which areas not to be concerned with which helps reduce my stress...He spent the time going every each result and how we can tackle obstacles in the process. Very personalized care...Antagonist and microdose flare...I'm on max stim meds due to DOR each time.
2013 - 2017
7 IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
He is blunt and compassionate and optimistic at the same time. Willing to take on my difficult case with this far great results.i have referred him to friends as well as strangers to help conceive. He thoroughly explains each step, what to expect and which areas not to be concerned with which helps reduce my stress.
Make the consult soon and get started!
Antagonist and microdose flare. I was more successful-9 eggs with antagonist than MDF only 7. I'm on max stim meds due to DOR each time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina was always available for optimism, encouragement and an ear to listen. If I emailed with a question out of fear or nervousness I received a phone call to check in. I will miss working with her when my treatment is done.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths-technology, labs, success rates Weaknesses is limited insurance and cost of tx
Embryo banking program $49,000 meds $3,000
He does like to try eSET.

1 IUI, 52 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
[Dr Eric Surrey is] easy to talk to. Very matter of fact which is what I need....Can tell lots of experience Takes information seriously...Make sure you go through your entire history with him. Ask questions. He will answer them...Vitamins, Acai berry trail and he chose not to suppress me with BCP instead to prime my eggs, longer stim cycle with more mature eggs at lower Med doses. The results were dramatic but much better than my local clinic.
1 IUI, 52 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Easy to talk to. Very matter of fact which is what I need.
Easy to talk to Can tell lots of experience Takes information seriously
Initially I was told my assigned nurse left and I would have a different nurse every time. The next nurse who called me was outstanding so I asked her to take over my case and have been with her since. Ok to be gently proactive though it may be exhausting at times.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Weakness: front desk, could be more attentive. Strengths: being a physician myself I can tell all their testing quality is A+.
30k+meds

IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Bottom line I had 2 cycles of ivf and 2 sons from them. So I was very happy with Dr Surrey and the clinic. I feel like he listened to my concerns--about how many embryos to implant. He was not real warm and fuzzy but I was not really looking for that...Nursing staff were great but there was not a coordinator or one person responsible for overall care. Several different people called for lab draws medicine dosing etc
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
The whole process can seem hectic and disorganized. They really needed better logistics with their clinic. But I have 2 beautiful sons as a result of their work so it was all totally worth it.
The clinic was very busy with a lot of patients
It was 11 and 12 years ago--I don't remember specifics.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They have good fertility numbers and my own outcome was very good
I had really good insurance at the time so some of it was paid for. Out of pocket for 2 cycles was about 10,000
The doctor had suggestions on the number of embryos transferred but I had the ultimate decision of how many to transfer. I went with their recommendation with the first but opted for 2 embryos transferred with the second time instead of the three they recommended.

2005 - 2012
PCOS, Unexplained
Out of the other doctors I came into contact with at CCRM, I was glad I choose Dr. Surrey as my main doctor. He was compassionate and understanding and listened to us. He understood that we had already been through other treatments and were ready to move forward with IVF.... Dr. Surrey had good bedside manners. Although going through CCRM - you see a lot of different people.
2005 - 2012
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Be up front and honest with him.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
At the time we used CCRM, they were a top 5 rated clinic in the US. We were ready to move forward with IVF and wanted a clinic that we as rated highly. We were willing to drive from Peyton, CO to the clinic for the numerous appointments.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
DR. SURREY SPENT A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME REVIEWING BOTH MY RECORDS AS WELL AS MY HUSBANDS. HE WAS PREPARED FOR OUR INITIAL CONSULTATION WHICH ALLOWED HIM TIME TO WALK US THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS AND PRESENT US WITH ALL POSSIBLE OPTIONS. HE WAS ABLE TO ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS WE ASKED AND WAS INCREDIBLY THOROUGH. MY EXPECTATIONS FROM THE INITIAL CONSULTATION HAD BEEN EXCEEDED AND I LEFT THE APPT WITH OPTIMISM THAT THERE WAS STILL THE POSSIBILITY OF CONCEIVING CHILDREN IN OUR FUTURE EVEN WITH JUST A LITTLE HELP FROM SCIENCE.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR. ERIC SURREY HAS BEEN FANTASTIC. WE HAVE YET TO EMBARK ON THE IVF JOURNEY BUT FROM WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED THUS FAR, I AM CONFIDENT HE WILL BE OUR BIGGEST ADVOCATE AND DESPITE THE CHALLENGES AND ROAD BLOCKS ALONG THE WAY... HE WILL WALK US THROUGH THIS JOURNEY. THE GOOD. THE BAD.. THE UGLY..
DON'T LOSE FAITH.
N/A - WE HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE INITIAL DIAGNOSTIC TESTING TO DEVELOP THE PROTOCOL YET.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM IS A STATE OF THE ART FACILITY. I AM VERY BLESSED THAT IT IS LOCATED IN MY BACKYARD AS PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD TRAVEL TO AND FROM FOR INFERTILITY TREATMENTS. THE IVF PROCESS CAN BE VERY COSTLY.. MY INTERACTIONS WITH THE PHYSICIANS HAS BEEN WONDERFUL. SOME OF THE CLINICAL STAFF (FRONT DESK, ETC) CAN BE SOMEWHAT COLD.. BUT OVERALL, THE NURSING CARE AND CARE REC'D FROM DR. SURREY HAVE BEEN WORLD CLASS.
MY INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER/REIMBURSE FOR INFERTILITY RELATED MEDICAL TREATMENT. WE KNEW GOING INTO THIS THAT IVF WAS COSTLY BUT NEVER TO THE EXTENT AT WHICH WE FOUND OUT. SHORTLY AFTER OUR INTIAL APPT WE ACTUALLY REC'D NOTIFICATION THAT THE SELF PAY RATES HAD CHANGED AND NEW PROGRAMS WERE INITIATED FOR THOSE WHO WERE HAVING TO PAY OUT OF POCKET.

6 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We did estrogen priming antagonist protocol with him [Dr. Eric Surrey] for best chances at higher maturity and quality. He also had them do Calcium Ionophore in the lab which is a new technique known for helping the embryos that lack energy...He is extremely good in his field, we just happen to be a particularly difficult case. At CCRM you don't see the doctors very often, but he did make sure to call the same day I got the news from the embryologist that we did not have any embryos.
6 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Surrey was good. He is extremely good in his field, we just happen to be a particularly difficult case. At CCRM you don't see the doctors very often, but he did make sure to call the same day I got the news from the embryologist that we did not have any embryos.
He is not a man of many words, but he is very smart and capable, and will try his hardest to get you results.
CCRM is the best clinic in the world. Because they are so good, they are immensely popular. Because they are very popular, the require a lot of staff. With a lot of staff, care is less individualized and you are treated more like a number than a human. Workup felt like "herding cattle".
We did estrogen priming antagonist protocol with him for best chances at higher maturity and quality. He also had them do Calcium Ionophore in the lab which is a new technique known for helping the embryos that lack energy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Andrea was very organized, polite, and communicative. I do almost wish the nursing team here was more blunt, humorous, and compassionate. They see so many patients that its probably hard to have relationships with them aside from polite and straight forward.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Clinic, like I've said before, is the best in the world as far as their lab is concerned. With their immense popularity, people are treated more like numbers than humans. Everyone is very polite and zombie-like. I never had any issues other than wishing I felt like I mattered.
24k
Never got that far, so no clue. I believe he allows up to 2.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr. Surrey has a very friendly and warm bedside manner.... We switched to Dr. Surrey after being unsuccessful with a different doctor at a different clinic in a different state. We already feel more confident and hopeful that things will go as we want compared to our previous doctor and clinic. Dr. Surrey ordered tests that our previous doctor thought were unnecessary, and at this point we know that at least one of them was abnormal, which might explain our previous failures/miscarriages.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Eric Surrey at CCRM Colorado?
Ask as many questions as you'd like because he's willing to answer them all.
Dr. Surrey has a very friendly and warm bedside manner.
We haven't yet gotten to this stage of treatment with Dr. Surrey.
Andrea is on the ball! She's been proactive about getting the remaining test results from other doctors that we need. She's also very friendly and easy to work with. She's happy to answer all the questions that I have.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's clear that CCRM knows what they're doing, and they act like it. We feel more confident and hopeful than we did at our last clinic. My only real complaint is how expensive it is and their lack of payment plans. (They will suggest a third-party financing company if you want to go that route.) At times some of the staff have seemed somewhat oblivious about what a financial strain it is.