7.2

Sibley
5215 Loughboro Road, NW, Ste. 410
Washington, DC 20016

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I highly recommend Dr. Widra. Friends have been successful. He is honest, compassionate, trustworthy and very skilled....Go see him. You will know where you stand and he will always be up front.
They [the staff at Shady Grove] understood the journey on which you were embarking and the emotion surrounding it. Dr. Widra and all of the Shady Grove staff were so compassionate...When I got a negative result she could not have been kinder and more compassionate.
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Go see him. You will know where you stand and he will always be up front.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
They understood the journey on which you were embarking and the emotion surrounding it. Dr. Widra and all of the Shady Grove staff were so compassionate. When I read the story of this site's founders I was compelled to do the survey because we were lucky enough to have a great experience. And I am confident I would be writing this even if I did not become pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
When I got a negative result she could not have been kinder and more compassionate. And when I became pregnant, she was elated. They are in lock step with you.

2009 - 2010, Successful
3 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
He was kind, engaged, focused on me and my issues, while being forthcoming and honest. Did not have a God complex like I saw at Dominion Fertility.
[The nursing staff was] good but not always as on the ball as I wanted given how anxious you tend to be... One Friday I did not receive an update call. It was v frustrating but not unforgivable.
Done previously.
Use other tools to keep perspective such as yoga and meditation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Good but not always as on the ball as I wanted given how anxious you tend to be. They were good but it is the hardest thing most of their patients have ever gone through.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Washington DC

Dr. Widra is not what most people would call "warm" but he is very knowledgeable and straightforward, traits that are more important to me in a fertility doctor. He's very good at explaining options and addressed my concerns without me feeling like I had been dismissed.
Not a major error, but the care coordinator missed the window for a diagnostic test.... Shady Grove has some great aspects: they do a lot of volume, so I think their lab is very good, and they have a lot of locations which is very convenient, especially for me as I live close to one lab but work closer to another. Downside is that it can feel somewhat impersonal and like you're not getting a lot of individualized attention.
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Do not expect a lot of "hand holding" per se.
He's very personable but it's overall a very large practice.
Describe the protocols Eric Widra used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Too early in treatment to know.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chloe)
Nurses have overall been great.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility.
So far, most of my treatment has been covered by insurance.
Describe Eric Widra's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.

2021 - 2022, 30 Eggs Frozen
Listened to him [Dr. Widra], listen to yourself, ask questions- he will answer them...Very nerdy and wants the best outcome and will share lots of numbers with you, to ensure you have all the information to understand what’s going on. He was understanding and listened to me concerns when I had any. He often went into details until I I fully understood.
[Shady Grove Fertility is] Super effective and efficient with appointments. I’ve never waited more than 5 mins. Friendly and warm and welcoming. I don’t feel like a number, they know my face and ask how I am doing and if need anything. I’m on a first name bases with the staff after 2 appointments...[nurses are] Responsive, great listeners, knowledgeable, compassionate, funny, and angels!
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Listened to him, listen to yourself, ask questions- he will answer them.
I was asked how I was feeling and coping by the doctor. He encouraged acupuncture which was my favorite part of this whole process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Responsive, great listeners, knowledgeable, compassionate, funny, and angels!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
$7,500 for one egg freezing cycle without drugs