Don't recommend: 100%2

Wayne State U
Augusta U

not available by email
Erica Louden works at

Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute)

Glenview
2608 N. Patriot Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026
224.404.2042

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
I have only met her [Dr. Louden] twice in person...Everything [protocol] was basic, nothing was changed very much because I wasn't even in their normal age categories, since I started at age 29. My first implant ended in miscarriage...She had a strong approach to only a single transfer...Weakness would be not taking an interest in me personally....
[Vios Fertility Institute] Multiple times I would get to Aurora and they had scheduled me wrong, or the appointment I couldn't finish and had to go sometimes another hour or 2 to another clinic...was scheduled for the wrong ultrasound at the very beginning, was scheduled for baseline when I needed a "saline" ultrasound, which is completely different. I had to drive an extra hour to a clinic that could luckily fit me in.
How was your experience with Erica Louden at Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute)?
I have only met her twice in person. And have technically only ever had one follow up appointment with her. She was nice in person, but other than that I never talked with her much. Weakness would be not taking an interest in me personally. I started IVF when I was 29. It was scary enough to hear that I might be infertile when I'm not even 30 yet, and that I am most likely going into early menopause. My predicament isn't the same as a 35 year old woman who just hasn't gotten pregnant yet.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Louden at Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute)?
Go in expecting to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket, and to be just another number. They don't care about how you get the money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Louden at Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute)?
I drive 2.5 hours to the Aurora clinic one way, both is 5 hours. Multiple times I would get to Aurora and they had scheduled me wrong, or the appointment I couldn't finish and had to go sometimes another hour or 2 to another clinic. I felt very anxious and depressed when everything kept going wrong, and I know they see it all the time, but my journey isn't the same as every other woman/couple. I went in knowing it would be expensive, but I was told it would be covered by insurance and now that we are almost $4000 in out of pocket, it's rough. And they would only tell me about payments within a few days of when it was due so I would scramble trying to come up with a large amount of money, but it's pay or your appointment gets cancelled. I also am not getting full paychecks because sometimes I have 2-3 appointments a week and if it's a 5 hour drive, my work day is half over by the time I get in. Just feels very impersonal and all about the money.
Describe the protocols Erica Louden used in your cycles at Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute) and their degree of success.
Everything was basic, nothing was changed very much because I wasn't even in their normal age categories, since I started at age 29. My first implant ended in miscarriage. Not sure if my next implant will stay the same medication wise, I think it is.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute). (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
Brittany was great, but like Dr. Louden, she hears it all day every day. She has probably heard every story.
Describe your experience with Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute).
Do your research, they want you to ask questions but how do you know what you don't know? i went in thinking i was running out of time to get pregnant, still think that way, so go in with a bunch of questions. Ask insurance all questions too. Even though my EOB said that medications are covered/ they 100% are not, some hormones are hundreds of dollars. And since you'll most likely be doing multiple implants, it's extremely expensive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute).
I would be forced to have early appointments, since i have to drive so far. If i didn't get one of the first appointments of the day, I wouldn't even get half a day of work at my own job. Also have to leave my house between 5:30-6am just to make an 8:15am appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Louden at Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute).
So far we've paid almost $5000 out of pocket, not including medication. Debits to the account are over $19k so far. That includes one retrieval cycle, one implant, and moving on to the 2nd implant.
Describe Erica Louden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute).
She had a strong approach to only a single transfer. I am pushing for two embryos next time, because of insurance this might be my last change.
What specific things went wrong at Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute).
I was scheduled for the wrong ultrasound at the very beginning, was scheduled for baseline when I needed a "saline" ultrasound, which is completely different. I had to drive an extra hour to a clinic that could luckily fit me in. They wanted me to come up to aurora sometimes 3 times a week. 5 hours of driving, that's a full tank of gas. Gas is expensive right now, on top of the thousands in out of pocket we've paid, on top of not getting full paychecks because I'm going to dr appointments....
Erica Louden
Kindbody (formerly Vios Fertility Institute)
Aurora