University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolHarvard
ResidencyBrigham & Women's Hosp
FellowshipBrigham & Women's Hosp
Ann Arbor
475 Market Place
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
734-763-4323
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Erica Marsh to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%2.5
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Marsh is friendly and seemed very knowledgeable, but the appointments felt rushed. My biggest issue with her was there no protocol in place for what to do when I got a negative pregnancy test. It was me who had to call the clinic frantic that my period had started and I didn't know what meds to take for the upcoming month.
How was your experience with Erica Marsh at Northwestern Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Marsh at Northwestern Medicine?
Be prepared to never be able to reach her. You can only directly call the 2 gatekeepers (receptionists) whose sole function is to take a message to pass it on to a nurse. Get ready to have your phone with you at all times so when the nurse calls you back 48 hours later you answer. If you don't answer, you have to start the process all over again of first calling the gatekeepers. The one time I asked for Dr Marsh specifically it took her 2 weeks to call me back because she was in Italy, but the staff never let me know there would be a delay.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Marsh at Northwestern Medicine?
I had no point of contact and I always got different nurses who didn't remember me or know my case.
Describe the protocols Erica Marsh used in your cycles at Northwestern Medicine and their degree of success.
We did 3 months of IUIs with chomid or femara. She suggested doing 3 months of IUIs before IVF mainly because insurance requires it. She admitted if chlomid doesn't work in the first few months it probably won't work. She was very knowledgeable. Were going to move on to IVF but I switched before then because Northwestern had a low success rate for IVF for women aged 38-39.
You are just a number and they are overworked and stressed out. They made me feel bad for being anxious and worried. They seemed annoyed by my questions.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
The clinic is poorly run. Too few nurses, too many patients, and no means of effective communication. Direct phone numbers and emails of nurses and doctors are not provided. Good luck getting through to anyone. When you get a negative result or your period, be prepared to not know what is going to happen next month in terms of any adjustments to medications or your protocol. You have to track them down to find out, but again, good luck getting through.
What specific things went wrong at Northwestern Medicine?
Northwestern Medicine
Chicago
2013 - 2014
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
I really liked Dr. Marsh, but the majority of the care provided was done by her Fellow or her team of nurses. Once the care plan was established, we had very little contact with her. While I liked her as a person, we were frustrated by her one size fits all approach to inseminations and we were not given the opportunity to adjust my meds based on my results.
2013 - 2014
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Erica Marsh at Northwestern Medicine?
Be prepared to work with her whole team, not just her. Ask her to clarify who will be doing the inseminations and ask her about clinic protocols as she was not forthcoming with all of the protocols at the beginning on my treatment.
I did 4 IUI's with donor sperm with Dr. Marsh. I was prescribed clomid for the first three rounds and femera for the last round.
The nursing staff ranged in compassion, skill, and communication. Some of the nurses were amazing and were nice to work with and other nurses seemed annoyed by my existence.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
Clinic was clean and organized. The lab is located within the office making the sperm prep very easy on the insemination day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Marsh at Northwestern Medicine.
Costs were very straightforward and through the main Northwestern billing portal.
What specific things went wrong at Northwestern Medicine?
Northwestern Medicine