Medical SchoolYale
FellowshipUCSF
444 S. San Vicente Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310-423-9964
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Erica Wang to a friend?
Neutral: 80%Don't recommend: 20%6.2
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cedars-Sinai to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Erica Wang is conservative in treatment, your overall health is of utmost importance, she is optimistic and gives hope even when dealing with the difficult topic of infertility. She is very clear in her explanations and why certain treatments are being chosen over others, she values your voice in discussing overall treatment plan and care.... First 2 IUIs was with letrozole , with letrozole being chosen because it showed more success with PCOS. Next 7 IUIs was with clomid because my body responded better to the Clomid. Next was an egg retrieval cycle that would be a frozen embryo transfer after genetic testing.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai?
Have your questions ready, she is great about going through each question and making sure everyone is on the same page
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai?
Constant communication , availability, she would call and check in, she got to know me and my husband well
Describe the protocols Erica Wang used in your cycles at Cedars-Sinai and their degree of success.
First 2 IUIs was with letrozole , with letrozole being chosen because it showed more success with PCOS. Next 7 IUIs was with clomid because my body responded better to the Clomid. Next was an egg retrieval cycle that would be a frozen embryo transfer after genetic testing. Started with Estrace prior to cycle day one, then ultrasound on cycle day 2 and started injections that night. The injection protocol was 2 injections the first few nights, then added another to ward off ovulation, then trigger shot prior to egg retrieval. Unfortunately the egg retrieval did not produce embryos for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cedars-Sinai. (Assigned nurse: Hazel and Katy)
Nursing staff was amazing, many had gone through fertility treatments as well so have their personal stories of success and failure, all available via phone,email, quick response time
Describe your experience with Cedars-Sinai.
The entire staff is knowledgeable and familiar with the most current/ up to date infertility treatments. They are open and honest from the beginning that this is a journey that will take time. During failures and loss, they hold your hand and continue to stay positive and give you hope. They answer all questions no matter how crazy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai.
All IUIs were covered under insurance. Egg retrieval was around 6,000 for the clinic care, additional costs for retrieval clinic
Describe Erica Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cedars-Sinai.
Dr. Wang is more conservative and prefers single embryo transfers
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Wang] treated me af a person and tried to address my strange and difficult case...She was patient in answering all my questions however in my situation there are things no one can explain. She wanted to jump into IVF, but I still wanted to try naturally since the odds were still in my favor... I needed 2 dncs for that pregnancy and now may have scar tissue. I have a hysteroscopy scheduled July 19th to check. The strange thing is the genetics tests came back normal for both my partner and myself. It's a situation no one can explain.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai?
Have money so you can afford her complete services. My insurance only covers half.
She treated me af a person and tried to address my strange and difficult case. I had miscarried twins unexplained at 8 wks in june 2017 then had a trisomy 10 miscarriage in Jan 2018 at 11 wks and lastly a month later sy the end of February I had a complete molar pregnancy with a trisomy 10 miscarriage again which is very rare. I needed 2 dncs for that pregnancy and now may have scar tissue. I have a hysteroscopy scheduled July 19th to check. The strange thing is the genetics tests came back normal for both my partner and myself. It's a situation no one can explain.
Vaginal progesterone with sex, saline ultra sound, hysteroscopy with possible scar tissue removal, genetics testing, sperm analysis and clomid.
Very kind and gentle. Easy to speak to.
Describe your experience with Cedars-Sinai.
They are very knowledgeable and lay options out clearly. Clean facility with kind staff. Front desk is very kind. They tested me like a person not a statistic. They did in with my primary obgyn and an oncologist for my case with the molar pregnancy.
Nothing so far.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
She's [Dr Wang] very nice but not everything was tested and she accidentally did an insemination during a cycle where I ovulated 5 follicles and I had to pay for the ultrasound to figure out that they messed that one up. She also still thought I could get pregnant that cycle when my estrogen was crashing. She never prescribed estrogen to thicken my lining and never did ultrasounds the day of IUI.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai?
She's very nice but not everything was tested and she accidentally did an insemination during a cycle where I ovulated 5 follicles and I had to pay for the ultrasound to figure out that they messed that one up. She also still thought I could get pregnant that cycle when my estrogen was crashing. She never prescribed estrogen to thicken my lining and never did ultrasounds the day of IUI.
Pay closer attention and get out of Cedars. The staff are terrible and the billing is problematic for a patient base that is by and large cash.
The doctor herself treated me like a human but the office staff were terrible. Every single step of the way we had billing issues, couldn't get calls back, etc
First cycle was a natural IUI cycle. The second was a clomid and IUI cycle and the third was also clomid and IUI
Very friendly but the lack of communication around protocol for my treatments almost lead to problems multiple times.
It's a normal office at Cedars Sinai
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Wang at Cedars-Sinai.
Inconsistant. They depended upon the length of the appointment and the questions asked, not the service provided. An ultrasound didn't have a cost, it had a range. I was never sure what to expect. Also I was a cash patient and every time I paid in cash, something got confused with the office. Then something else got confused with the hospital and I would get bills for thousands of dollars that were 1) inaccurate and 2) based on appointments that were already paid for.
What specific things went wrong at Cedars-Sinai?