Available by cell phone
ResidencyBaylor
3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Erik Mazur to a friend?
9.8

9.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr Mazur is amazing! He’s honest and forthcoming with information. ... He takes time to listen and explain everything. He shows compassion and excellent care towards me and my husband. He was great at explaining treatment and the steps involved with our treatment plan. ... I always felt like I was his only patient because he listened and cared about us and our treatment. I never felt rushed when meeting with him
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur is the best fertility doctor I’ve ever seen. He takes time to listen and explain everything. He shows compassion and excellent care towards me and my husband. He was great at explaining treatment and the steps involved with our treatment plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I always felt like I was his only patient because he listened and cared about us and our treatment. I never felt rushed when meeting with him and We always left with a great explanation and understanding of what to expect.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Mazur is amazing! He’s honest and forthcoming with information. He is the second fertility doctor I’ve seen and wish I would of had him earlier.
Describe the protocols Erik Mazur used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The original treatment and medication was what we expencedted it to be. My body reaponded great to medication and the menopur only had to be lowered one time during stimulation. We triggered with Lupron to help eliminated the chance of OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna Lanza)
My nurse Anna is amazing! She is very knowledgeable and caring. She makes sure I understand everything with our treatment. She is very positive and honest! I cannot say enough great things about her and the entire team that dealt with our treatment.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have been extremely happy with the clinic! The one and only thing I wish was different was the hours they have available for monitoring. For most people with jobs it’s sometimes tricky to get an early appointment. They open at 8am and most 8am appointments are full. Maybe having hours for monitoring start at 7am would be more helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have insurance that covers IVF so our costs were minimal.
Describe Erik Mazur's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We collectively decided that when we do our transfer we will only use one embryo. The quality of of embryos and the results from PGS testing helped make this decision.
Tacoma

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

I have PCOS and a high AMH ... Dr. Mazur is great at balancing being honest with me as a patient, while also being gentle and caring in his choice of words. He also always remains confident and optimistic along this tough and disappointing journey. ... he quickly made a new plan with changes to the dosages of medication ... He is always willing to help us save money when other possible options are available.
European, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur is kind, gentle, and always remains positive and hopeful and has encouraged my husband and I to remain positive in our journey. Although our first round of IVF was cancelled due to poor response, which neither Dr. Mazur or myself expected (honestly, it wasn’t even thought of as a possibility we talked about), he quickly made a new plan with changes to the dosages of medication. He is also great at taking time to fully explain any risks or concerns involved throughout the process and always makes sure to plan ahead for any potential risks that may come up. Though we haven’t achieved pregnancy yet, I have enjoyed working with Dr. Mazur and highly recommend him.
Feel free to be open and honest with him about your thoughts, questions, and feelings. He is a great support system.
After two failed IUIs at a different fertility clinic, I came to Dr. Mazur ready to do my first round of IVF. Since I have PCOS and a high AMH, Dr. Mazur made a plan to start with a low dose of Gonal F and Menopur since my risk of OHSS was high. Unfortunately, not all of our surprise, my body didn’t respond after 13 days of stims and so he made the choice to cancel my IVF cycle before we even made it to egg retrieval. He then made a plan to try a more aggressive rounds of IVF meds, but my husband and I were unable to afford another round, so he allowed us to try Letrozole for two cycles with timed intercourse. My body failed to respond to those as well. Now, Dr. Mazur is having us try an IUI using Menopur injectables. He is always willing to help us save money when other possible options are available.
My nurse, Anna, is awesome! She is compassionate and always willing to help with any questions I have. However, she is only in the office 3 day’s a week, which means I usually end up talking to other nurses instead of her, which makes communication a bit difficult.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Overall, Seattle Reproductive Medicine Tacoma is the most challenging fertility clinic I have worked with. They don’t have convenient appointment times for working women (the earliest morning appointment isn’t until 8:30am), they are quite expensive compared to other fertility clinics in the area and their “IVF packages” come with a lot of extra hidden fees they don’t tell you about until the end when you receive a bill, and I only get to see or talk to my assigned doctor and nurse minimally.
Our single IVF package was $11,600, plus medications which were $4,800.
Tacoma

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr Mazur has an excellent bedside manner. He is caring and compassionate, but also realistic. He thoroughly covers all treatment options and takes the time to answer all questions. I have never felt rushed, or like my questions and concerns were insignificant or unfounded. Dr Mazur also has a direct phone line that you can call or text, and questions and concerns are addressed immediately.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Ask whatever questions you need to, no matter how simple or silly you think they are - don't be afraid that you're wasting his time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr Mazur really cares about his patients. You can tell he is invested in the outcome. He really takes time to listen, answers all questions and makes you feel important rather than just a number.
Describe the protocols Erik Mazur used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant with our little boy after our first FET. From the beginning, Dr Mazur outlined the intended treatment plan of 2-3 IUIs before moving on to IVF if the IUIs were not successful due to me having a low AMH. The first IUI cycle was with 100mg clomid, the second with 100mg clomid and an ovidrel trigger shot. The second IUI resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. As this was my second ectopic pregnancy, Dr Mazur advised moving straight to IUI, as it appeared I had tubal issues (despite the HSG being clear). For our first IVF cycle, I took birth control for a month followed by Menopur and Gonal-F, with cetrotide added in during the second week. I appeared to be a slow responder and only had 2 good sized follicles during my check-up ultrasounds. The day I was supposed to trigger ovulation, my estrogen level dropped dramatically, which Dr Mazur said could be an indication of poor egg quality. We talked through our options, and Dr Mazur gave us the choice of cancelling the cycle, or continuing anyway. He didn't pressure us either way, but he did say that he felt we could do better by changing up a few things - we decided to cancel the cycle and start over. Before our 2nd cycle Dr Mazur prescribed DHEA and CoQ10 for a month. We skipped the birth control and started the stim meds straight away on day 2 of my cycle. We kept the protocol the same, with the exception of an increase in Gonal-F mid-way through the process. We started off with a large number of follicles, which dropped down to 2 again by the time of egg retrieval. We decided to go ahead this time since my estrogen levels remained high throughout. The retrieval resulted in 6 eggs from one ovary (my left ovary is inaccessible) - 3 fertilized and 2 made it to day 5 blasts. We did PGS testing and the 2 blasts and thankfully both were genetically normal and high quality. We did our FET the following month, and are expecting our little boy in September. We can't thank Dr Mazur enough for making this happen for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Ashley )
Dr Mazur's medical assistant, Ashley, and nurse, Amanda are kind and compassionate. They always respond to phone calls and text messages promptly, and are always on top of prescription requests, appointment and surgery scheduling and the communication of test results.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The reception staff are always organized and friendly. They made an effort to learn my name and go out of their way to help at any opportunity.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Our IUIs and the IVF procedures were covered under my insurance. Other than coinsurance and co-pays, our out of pocket costs were around $5000 for the PGS testing which wasn't covered by insurance.
Describe Erik Mazur's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Dr Mazur is a strong supporter of eSET and stated that he wanted me to have a healthy singleton pregnancy. Due to my age and other health issues, we wanted to minimize whatever risks we could, and were on board with just transferring a single embryo - especially as we knew both ours were top quality.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists.

How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
From the first day Dr. Mazur was very open to our questions and our concerns. He explained every little detailed of the process. He never pressured us to make a decision. Thank God we decided to give IVF a try and thank God we decided to have Dr. Mazur and his team be by our side. Before any procedure Dr. Mazur will take the time to talk to me to make sure I was feeling well physically and emotionally. I will never be able to thank him enough for being so kind, gentle, and understanding. He made us feel comfortable, relaxed, and special. I have no doubt this made a difference in our outcome.
Not only he always took the time to explain every step but during every step care about how I was feeling physically and emotionally
We did IVF – Dr. Mazur suggested the embryo genetic testing for all our embryos. Best advice he has ever given us. Half our embryos were not viable and this made a huge difference in the process. Since this has been such a long journey, we suggested Dr. Mazur to transfer two embryos instead of one. He did not feel comfortable with 2 embryos being transfer since he did not want me to have a high risk pregnancy and he was confident I was going to get pregnant. THANK GOD we decided to listen to him and just transfered one – on the first transfer we got pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
Everything Amanda provided was well organized. She printed calendars for us and marked every single medicine and step. They also provided a cellphone number where if we had any questions we could just text the team. They replied even during the weekends.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
We never waited more than 5 minutes in the waiting area! Everything was cleaned and orgnized.
Since this has been such a long journey, we suggested Dr. Mazur to transfer two embryos instead of one. He did not feel comfortable with 2 embryos being transfer since he did not want me to have a high risk pregnancy and he was confident I was going to get pregnant. THANK GOD we decided to listen to him and just transfer one – on the first transfer we got pregnant.
Houston
He [Dr. Mazur] is so smart and qualified to do these treatments. He is kind, patient, always optimistic but honest with you about your individual situation. He will always be honest and tell you what the thinks the most successful plan of action is. I couldn't have had a better doctor throughout this process. Everything he explained or said in good times and bad was true....Dr. Mazur is extremely personable and kind. He is very smart and does a great job of explaining all procedures/treatments to you.
Latino, Middle Eastern, Other
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr, Mazur is an amazing doctor. He is so smart and qualified to do these treatments. He is kind, patient, always optimistic but honest with you about your individual situation. He will always be honest and tell you what the thinks the most successful plan of action is. I couldn't have had a better doctor throughout this process. Everything he explained or said in good times and bad was true.
Ask as many questions as possible. Treatments are expensive, and it is very time consuming to go through this. Not to mention the emotions tied to it. Make sure you are informed and aware of how what will happen, how medicines work, etc. There are no silly questions.
He recommended IUI's with us bc he thought we would be good candidates, when the 4th one failed due to my system reacting weirdly to meds he advised us to move to IVF and was confident it would work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Amanda & Ashley)
Amanda and Ashley were amazing. They work together with Dr. Mazur very well. They are very organized, smart and communicate effectively through the entire process. Even when you have tons of questions!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is conveniently located off Fannin, very professional environment, and my only complaint would be that you have to pay for parking.
My insurance didn't cover anything related to meds or the actual IUI/IVF procedures, but the office did run through ultrasounds, check ups etc when they could which was a big help. I believe costs for procedures and meds were fair when comparing to other fertility centers in Houston. For example one IVF cycle with all meds, retrieval, freezing of embryos, and two transfers was about 20k.
Dr. Mazur was confident the FET would work that he advised us to not transfer multiple embryo's unless we wanted multiples. Their office does a second FET included in the fee for the first incase it doesn't work. He is concerned about the health risks to moms and babies on multiples, we didn't push the issue bc we only wanted one baby.
Houston

He [Dr . Erik Mazur] met with me and reviewed my history and discussed options. He personally did two of my ultrasounds as well as my HSG. He has always been very positive and was careful not to compare me to others or statistics.... I was diagnosed with PCOS, I was put on provera to induce my period. Then I was prescribed femara and monitored with a mid cycle ultrasound. I was also prescribed ovidrel as a trigger and instructed on when to take It. My first cycle a HSG was completed. I am currently on my third cycle, while all cycles have produced good lining and follicles, no resulting pregnancy has occurred. Dr. Mazur has scheduled to meet with me to discuss next steps of this cycle results in a negative pregnancy test.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He is very positive and happily discussed treatment and adjustments as I asked. He was present for ultrasounds and my HSG. He was great at building rapport and making me feel like he was rooting for us.
He met with me and reviewed my history and discussed options. He personally did two of my ultrasounds as well as my HSG. He has always been very positive and was careful not to compare me to others or statistics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi Strong)
She always responds to my messages within the hour, if she has left for the day another nurse replies
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are all very nice and the check in process and all other processes (getting blood, getting results, checking out/payment) have been easy. Having access to a online portal is very helpful. A lot of things were set up on my first visit so I felt accomplished.
The majority of my costs were covered through insurance. I was set up to meet with a financial counselor on the first visit to discuss costs for various treatment paths.
Tacoma

During our consultation with the doctor he [Dr. Mazur] was very nice, informative, and professional. I have seen him once after that to talk about possible IVF after six cycles of not getting pregnant because I am not producing enough eggs for my age....Very nice guy who explained everything to us that we wanted and was very professional.... The nurses are more available than he is unless you make an appointment with him. Although, I never contacted him myself.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During our consultation with the doctor he was very nice, informative, and professional. I have seen him once after that to talk about possible IVF after six cycles of not getting pregnant because I am not producing enough eggs for my age. After four failed cycles the nurse suggested for us to make an appointment with him. Even though I do not want to hear the IVF talk I know that is our next step probably.
I have been taking Letrozole during my period. I am not sure why I am taking this specific pill. Then on my 10th cycle day an ultrasound has been done to show How much the eggs are growing. If I have a mature egg, I took ovidrell injection before the IUI. I feel some nurses are better than others when doing the IUI. Some were painful and some others weren’t.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Ann)
The nurses have been pretty good. Whenever I had questions I would message them on the online program and they would get back to me fast.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I like how the Tacoma office is nearby. One weakness is they are closed during the weekend and you have to drive to Seattle for a procedure on the weekends. The scheduling staff usually get back to you fast which is nice.
I am lucky to say I have pretty good insurance. We are on our fifth cycle and probably spent only a couple hundred dollars.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Tacoma

Dr. Mazur was everything I expected in a prescriber. He was not pushy or spoke above our heads. He was compassionate with our loss and was confident in our ability to conceive. He participated in every procedure and was always available. Our calls were always addressed and I never felt as if I was alone or uninformed.... We used Clomid (I for got the days) and monitored time for ovulation with ovulation predictor kits followed by a blood test. Then I was triggered with Ovidrel. Then I had a single IUI after about 40 hours.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Don't be afraid to speak your mind and have an idea of your expectations.
Dr. Mazur had a great bedside manner. He was kind and gentle with us and explained everything. He addressed our concerns at every point.
I saw very little of the nursing staff. They took my vitals and showed me to my room. They were pleasant. i have no complaints.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Very busy clinic. I guess that means they are successful, but it can feel awkward sometimes. The labs used are in the same building but are at different locations. The staff is nice and will answer any question posed. I have never experienced rudeness. The lab on the 1st floor is terrible. I had painful blood draws at the 1st floor location. I have never had trouble at the 4th floor location.
I was quoted an amount for IUI and that was what I paid. No surprises.
not discussed

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
I feel so lucky to be a patient of Dr. Mazur's. I felt like he explained everything in exactly the right amount of detail. Before we tried IVF, we tried an IUI, but it wasn't working. He called me personally to explain why it wasn't working, and to give me options regarding the next course of treatment. I always felt like he genuinely cared about me.... We tried an IUI protocol first, and when that didn't work because I was growing too many eggs all at the same rate, we canceled the cycle and switched to IVF.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
He is a great choice!
I always felt that Dr. Mazur respected me and had empathy for my journey. He listened to my concerns and answered candidly, and with kindness.
I was lucky to work with Heidi Strong. She was an excellent communicator.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strength - excellent communication from both my doctor and primary nruse. Weakness - The financial advice was not always clear. Also, when my nurse wasn't able to answer my questions, I received incomplete or confusing advice from other nurses.
I don't remember.
Dr. Mazur preferred I do eSET because my age (28) and number of eggs (many) indicated that it would likely be successful.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Mazur was down to earth and when delivering news he was always realistic but nice about it. He always knew my case without having to look up notes and would remember things about me that weren't in my file...He was amazing and encouraging. I especially liked that he made a point to be at every single appointment whether it was during the week or on a wekeend
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
I loved Dr. Mazur, when I got news that he was moving across the country I cried the entire night. He was amazing and encouraging. I especially liked that he made a point to be at every single appointment whether it was during the week or on a wekeend
He is the best doctor you will ever find, trust him, if you have questions ask them even if you have asked them before.
IUI's- 1st femara cd 3-7, scan CD 10 IUI scheduled 2 days later 2nd clomid- 50 mg cd3-7 scan CD 10 IUI scheduled 2 days later 3rd- clomid 100 mg cd 3-7 CD 10 IUI scheduled 2 days later 4th- clomid 100 mg, gonal f CD 10 IUI scheduled 2 days later IVF- follistim 225, menopur 75 (raised to 150), ganirellix added day 8 I believe. Scans every other day after day 5.
Ashley got to know us over the time of our treatments, and now when I call she knows my number and answers in phone with a hey! or how are you?
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is great, even down to their front desk or financial advisors!
IUI-$300 (no meds) IVF w/ 1 year of freezing and no PGS (no meds) $12,000
He wanted me to transfer 1 embryo, due to high risk pregnancy's with multiples.
Houston

[Dr. Erik Mazur] He was always direct but nice. Very professional but explaining everything in a way I could understand. I really trust him and I have a gorgeous girl as a result of the treatments. He was always available for questions or concerns...He treatment like a human; always patient, nice and warm...Do not be shy and talk to him about everything that concerns you!...IUI were done with clomid and donor sperm First IVF was done as part or an pharma study.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Do not be shy and talk to him about everything that concerns you!
He treatment like a human; always patient, nice and warm
IUI were done with clomid and donor sperm First IVF was done as part or an pharma study. Gonal and Ovidrel for trigger. A baby girl was the result Second IVF failed. Gonal, Menopur, Garelins and Ovidrel were used.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Alicia Jasso)
All the team is just great; always accessible, always warm and helpful. Very professional too. Perfect team. Special mention for Alicia Jasso that was always my angel in the process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Well organized and easy to contact with. Very clean place and warm ambient. Lab people is very nice as well as the Finance department
IUI around 1,000$ IVF around 12,000$
He suggested that for the second IVF but there were a small number of eggs so we decided to not to do it finally
Houston

Dr.Mazur was very understanding of our situation. He is the reason why we have our son today. I recommend him to anyone who is wanting to start or add to their family. Nurse Jackie as well very friendly and always available....From day one Dr Mazur and nurse Jackie [at Hou Fert Spec] treated us very well. Everything we needed to know was explained in detail....You are in good hands with him...
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
You are in good hands with him.
From day one Dr Mazur and nurse Jackie treated us very well. Everything we needed to know was explained in detail.
Lupron GonalF 900 iu ceteride overdriel microdose overdriel
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Jackie was always available during the first cycle. Connie also was available for weekend scans. Great team of ladies.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Everyone is really nice and decent. The staff has gone out of their call of duty to help us. The nursing staff all are nice and are all team players. Jackie is one person that made the process very smooth for us.
All was taken cared of and well worth it.
We transferred two at a time one fresh and two FET transfers.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Houston

He [Dr Erik Mazur] is young but more open to look at things differently , compassionate , he did all of the procedures and ultrasounds which I thought was great....He knows what he's talking about, be patient...My insurance covered the IUI's and IVF up to 5000, the rest was out of pocket but more affordable than the previous clinic . Our next round will be cash and the transfer was approximately 2600 as quoted about 6 months ago. The ultrasounds etc were not included in that price .
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He is young but more open to look at things differently , compassionate , he did all of the procedures and ultrasounds which I thought was great.
He knows what he's talking about, be patient .
Took time with us each visit , great bedside manner
He wanted what was best for us and least invasive as possible
Most were sweet, they are a busy office so weren't able to spend a lot of time with me, but still nice.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The two clinics I've been to both have terrible front desks, so my guess is that's the norm. The financial staff was amazing and the nurses were sweet, but not able to spend a lot of time with me