9.9

3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000

2020 - 2022, Consult
Haven’t talked to Erik Mazur that much. I mostly talk to the nurses. I think I’ve mostly just talk to him on the phone. The phone calls we’ve had are great. He’s was very nice and understanding. I just wish I had more meetings with him...he suggested that I do IVF but I wanted to do IUI first. He started me on Clomid and went I went to my ultrasound appointment I responded too well to the medication and they also cancel my IUI session without consulting me.
I’ve been with the [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] clinic for a very small time so I would just say be on it with the portal and know that you’re not gonna get a whole lot of time with the doctor. The nurses do respond pretty fast through the portal and they do a very good job of explaining what the procedure is and what’s gonna happen.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to send a lot of email through the portal
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I think I felt like I was treated more like a number than a person because I never got a lot of one on one time with my doctor. I dealt with most of the nursing staff and I felt like they were the ones more running the show. Not that I think nurses aren’t capable but it would be nice to be able to have that one on one with my doctor. Also, in the past I’ve had problem with polyps on my uterus and you would think before starting IUI that they would do an ultrasound to make sure that I don’t have one on my uterus but that never happened. So of course the day I go in to check to see if I’m ovulating they find a polyp and my IUI gets canceled. One more thing that I didn’t like was my partner Has never been in the clinic and I just want him to feel like he’s part of this. I know because of Covid out of the clinics power.
Describe the protocols Erik Mazur used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I’m probably not gonna be the best person for this because I have a bad memory. Basically we did a ton of testing and found out it was an unexplained fertility. So he suggested that I do IVF but I wanted to do IUI first. He started me on Clomid and went I went to my ultrasound appointment I responded too well to the medication and they also cancel my IUI session without consulting me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
For the most part the nursing staff is awesome and very kind. I just wish we would have more phone calls than using the portal
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve been with the clinic for a very small time so I would just say be on it with the portal and know that you’re not gonna get a whole lot of time with the doctor. The nurses do respond pretty fast through the portal and they do a very good job of explaining what the procedure is and what’s gonna happen.
Erik Mazur
2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I felt a little bit like he [Dr. Erik Mazur] didn't really see a puzzle to be solved...just saw a previous diagnosis and my weight and sort of wrote me off...was pretty insistent that there was no way I had endo since I didn't fit the normal history for it. Turns out I do. Stage 4 even...wasn't bad as a doctor...But if you're not willing or able to advocate for yourself you might not find any real solutions or answers here.
The nurses, lab techs, ultrasound techs, and PAs [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] were all phenomenal...kind and compassionate as well as knowledgeable...had no problem asking a doctor if they felt they didn't have a good answer...loved their communication system...their patient portal was ideal...they have people who will happily answer any question you have.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I felt a little bit like he didn't really see a puzzle to be solved. He just saw a previous diagnosis and my weight and sort of wrote me off. It took a while of me pushing the idea that something was wrong to get him to refer me to a gyn surgeon for a laparoscopic surgery to rule out endometriosis. He was pretty insistent that there was no way I had endo since I didn't fit the normal history for it. Turns out I do. Stage 4 even. So, you know, not a mild case. He wasn't bad as a doctor. He knows the area, keeps up on the literature, all the stuff you want from a doctor. But if you're not willing or able to advocate for yourself you might not find any real solutions or answers here.
Be ready to stand up for yourself. Ask questions and make sure you are fully comfortable with the treatment plan.
I honestly didn't see him much, which was fine nothing we were doing was particularly invasive and didn't need him to be very hands on. He was a nice enough guy when I did meet with him. His staff was good though.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna)
The nurses, lab techs, ultrasound techs, and PAs were all phenomenal. They were kind and compassionate as well as knowledgeable. They also had no problem asking a doctor if they felt they didn't have a good answer or if I was confused by their answers. Overall a stellar team.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I absolutely loved their communication system. Because like all millennials I hate answering the phone, so a message system in their patient portal was ideal. The clinic is very concerned with making sure you have all the information you could want so they have people who will happily answer any question you have. They do have a financial counselor. I never utilized them so I don't know any specifics of cost and payments, but having one means that they have a way to answer any concerns you might have. They're also very LGBT friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything I had done was covered by insurance. I know that there were discounts for military families, but we moved before we could utilize any of them.
Erik Mazur