9.9

Erik Mazur works at

3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000

Dr. Mazur went over all my lab results I've already had went over all my previous treatments and all my health issues and came up with that I needed injectables since pills weren't working...He had great bed side manner answered all my questions...[new patient advice] have all your medical records with you and everything you've already tried so you guys can skip over those and move on to things that are actually going to get you in the right direction
[nurse of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] she always answered any of my questions provided me with some syringes when the pharmacy forgot...they tried to work me into the schedule around my work schedule as much as they could...[clinic error]I had to skip a cycle because they couldn't get me in for my beginning appointment...[iui's]are about $600 monitoring ultrasounds for like a hundred twenty five. IVF is close to like 20 grand.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He's so kind wasn't rushed. I felt like I could ask anything and that I had hope. When we first arrived I had some serious doubts because every other appointment I've had with any other doctor done nothing but cry cuz they made me feel worthless. But Dr mazur went over all my lab results I've already had went over all my previous treatments and all my health issues and came up with that I needed injectables since pills weren't working.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He was so kind and it was one of the first appointments I've been to about infertility that I did ball my eyes out. He had great bed side manner answered all my questions hands down an excellent doc
Describe the protocols Erik Mazur used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started on menopur injections 75 IU starting on a believe day 3 I would come in for monitoring every so often we did a total of twelve days of injections before I produced three eggs then l did the ovidrel trigger shot 36 hours before my IUI and on day 3 after the IUI we started progesterone suppositories for 14 days until a negative pregnancy test or you would continue on the progesterone until 10 weeks pregnant I never got that far all my tests were negative
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I don't remember her name but she was great she always answered any of my questions provided me with some syringes when the pharmacy forgot they tried to work me into the schedule around my work schedule as much as they could overall great nurse very helpful
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
So you have to call on your first day of your period So you can come in on your third dayjust start stuff for that cycle I found a lot of time I called my first day of my cycle and they wouldn't have any available appointments for the third day which doesn't make any sense because that's your protocol you should at least work people in if you're going to make them come in on your third day. IVF here is near $20,000 where at some other clinics it's only 4,000 who can afford $20,000 for IVF and that doesn't even include medication. there is literally no need for IVF to be that expensive even the clinics that run a cheap ivf say there's no need for it to cost that much you're literally pricing people out of being able to have a kid and that's just wrong. so you literally can't afford IVF if you're not rich or you don't plan on refinancing your house. Very very sad
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Are you wise are about $600 monitoring ultrasounds for like a hundred twenty five. IVF is close to like 20 grand.
Tacoma
During our consultation with the doctor he [Dr. Mazur] was very nice, informative, and professional. I have seen him once after that to talk about possible IVF after six cycles of not getting pregnant because I am not producing enough eggs for my age....Very nice guy who explained everything to us that we wanted and was very professional.... The nurses are more available than he is unless you make an appointment with him. Although, I never contacted him myself.
I like how the Tacoma office [Seattle Repro Med] is nearby. One weakness is they are closed during the weekend and you have to drive to Seattle for a procedure on the weekends. The scheduling staff usually get back to you fast which is nice.... I feel some nurses are better than others when doing the IUI. Some were painful and some others weren’t.... Whenever I had questions I would message them on the online program and they would get back to me fast.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During our consultation with the doctor he was very nice, informative, and professional. I have seen him once after that to talk about possible IVF after six cycles of not getting pregnant because I am not producing enough eggs for my age. After four failed cycles the nurse suggested for us to make an appointment with him. Even though I do not want to hear the IVF talk I know that is our next step probably.
I have been taking Letrozole during my period. I am not sure why I am taking this specific pill. Then on my 10th cycle day an ultrasound has been done to show How much the eggs are growing. If I have a mature egg, I took ovidrell injection before the IUI. I feel some nurses are better than others when doing the IUI. Some were painful and some others weren’t.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Ann)
The nurses have been pretty good. Whenever I had questions I would message them on the online program and they would get back to me fast.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I like how the Tacoma office is nearby. One weakness is they are closed during the weekend and you have to drive to Seattle for a procedure on the weekends. The scheduling staff usually get back to you fast which is nice.
I am lucky to say I have pretty good insurance. We are on our fifth cycle and probably spent only a couple hundred dollars.
Describe Erik Mazur's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The doctor wanted to try six cycles before IVF but only gave me three refills on my fertility pills. When I needed a refill over the weekend, it was not filled by the time I picked it up on Monday and had to call the overnight doctor for a refill.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Erik Mazur] is young but more open to look at things differently , compassionate , he did all of the procedures and ultrasounds which I thought was great....He knows what he's talking about, be patient...My insurance covered the IUI's and IVF up to 5000, the rest was out of pocket but more affordable than the previous clinic . Our next round will be cash and the transfer was approximately 2600 as quoted about 6 months ago. The ultrasounds etc were not included in that price .
The two clinics I've been to both have terrible front desks, so my guess is that's the norm. The financial staff [at Houston Fertility Specialists] was amazing and the nurses were sweet, but not able to spend a lot of time with me...My insurance covered the IUI's and IVF up to 5000, the rest was out of pocket but more affordable than the previous clinic . Our next round will be cash and the transfer was approximately 2600 as quoted about 6 months ago. The ultrasounds etc were not included in that price .
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He is young but more open to look at things differently , compassionate , he did all of the procedures and ultrasounds which I thought was great.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He knows what he's talking about, be patient .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Took time with us each visit , great bedside manner
Describe the protocols Erik Mazur used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
He wanted what was best for us and least invasive as possible
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Most were sweet, they are a busy office so weren't able to spend a lot of time with me, but still nice.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The two clinics I've been to both have terrible front desks, so my guess is that's the norm. The financial staff was amazing and the nurses were sweet, but not able to spend a lot of time with me
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erik Mazur at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Houston Fertility Specialists
Houston - Fannin
Dr. Mazur is an excellent doctor. He explains things very clearly and has compassion for his patients. I appreciated he had reviewed my background and acknowledged where I was in the journey/process...we should no longer waste money on injections and IUIs and begin to save for IVF. We were given the option to try Clomid because it was cheap. We decided to do that. The first cycle I responded; however had unclear OPKs. The next cycle I advocated to try a trigger injection with the clomid and we had success.
[SRM] Strengths: Ease of scheduling appointments Online portal for communication Variety of knowledgeable doctors Facilities are clean and comfortable Weakness: Patients are treated like a number. There really is no individualized treatment. Financial team can be difficult to work with. More expensive than other clinics...[nurses] kept in constant communication with me through the portal
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur is an excellent doctor. He explains things very clearly and has compassion for his patients. I appreciated he had reviewed my background and acknowledged where I was in the journey/process. He made me believe that we could get pregnant - even after several failed treatment cycles with another doctor.
Do not hesitate to ask questions!
SRM did not approach my case from an individualized stance but rather another number/patient. Very little testing was done and no discussion of supplements were ever had. Often times, I had to advocate for my care/treatment.
Prior to seeing Dr. Mazur, I had two failed medicated and injectable timed intercourse cycles and three failed medicated and injectable IUI cycles. The precious doctor kept doing all the same things in each cycle and we felt like we needed to change the approach if we wanted different results. During Covid, I did my own work with nutrition and suppliments to restore normal cycles. We went to Dr. Mazur for a second opinion and he instilled confidence that I would be able to get pregnant naturally. However, we should no longer waste money on injections and IUIs and begin to save for IVF. We were given the option to try Clomid because it was cheap. We decided to do that. The first cycle I responded; however had unclear OPKs. The next cycle I advocated to try a trigger injection with the clomid and we had success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristy)
Kristy kept in constant communication with me through the portal. (My previous SRM nurses would take days to respond to questions and Kristy was very on top of it, usually responding within a hour or two).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM failed to perform basic diagnostic testing (such as HSG) prior to treatment. I was dismissed when I asked about getting one performed to a nurse with previous doctor at SRM. I advocated with my own OB/GYN to have this done before continuing treatments with SRM and another provider.