9.9

Erik Mazur works at

3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000

Dr Mazur, was great to work with! He took the time needed to answer all of our questions and made sure we were comfortable with the process...[he] was accommodating and update on how he prescribed medication. I asked if I could avoid needles and he had zero issues with it...we only talked about transferring one [embryo]
[the SRM nurses] communicated in a timely fashion and were happy to answer any questions I had along the way...We paid around $30,000 for treatment...They seem like a large practice but are able to focus on each patient in a kind and caring manner. My experience was great and I highly recommend SRM! I feel fortunate that SRM was able to help grow our family.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Mazur is terrific and if we try another transfer I will fly cross country to see him and the SRM staff. I recommend him to anyone needing fertility treatment. It was a fluke I ended up with him but I’m so happy I did!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He’s great and you are in great hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Erik Mazur used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr Mazur was accommodating and update on how he prescribed medication. I asked if I could avoid needles and he had zero issues with it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Brianna )
They communicated in a timely fashion and were happy to answer any questions I had along the way.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We paid around $30,000 for treatment.
Describe Erik Mazur's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
No, we only talked about transferring one.
Tacoma
Dr. Mazur is an excellent doctor. He explains things very clearly and has compassion for his patients. I appreciated he had reviewed my background and acknowledged where I was in the journey/process...we should no longer waste money on injections and IUIs and begin to save for IVF. We were given the option to try Clomid because it was cheap. We decided to do that. The first cycle I responded; however had unclear OPKs. The next cycle I advocated to try a trigger injection with the clomid and we had success.
[SRM] Strengths: Ease of scheduling appointments Online portal for communication Variety of knowledgeable doctors Facilities are clean and comfortable Weakness: Patients are treated like a number. There really is no individualized treatment. Financial team can be difficult to work with. More expensive than other clinics...[nurses] kept in constant communication with me through the portal
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur is an excellent doctor. He explains things very clearly and has compassion for his patients. I appreciated he had reviewed my background and acknowledged where I was in the journey/process. He made me believe that we could get pregnant - even after several failed treatment cycles with another doctor.
Do not hesitate to ask questions!
SRM did not approach my case from an individualized stance but rather another number/patient. Very little testing was done and no discussion of supplements were ever had. Often times, I had to advocate for my care/treatment.
Prior to seeing Dr. Mazur, I had two failed medicated and injectable timed intercourse cycles and three failed medicated and injectable IUI cycles. The precious doctor kept doing all the same things in each cycle and we felt like we needed to change the approach if we wanted different results. During Covid, I did my own work with nutrition and suppliments to restore normal cycles. We went to Dr. Mazur for a second opinion and he instilled confidence that I would be able to get pregnant naturally. However, we should no longer waste money on injections and IUIs and begin to save for IVF. We were given the option to try Clomid because it was cheap. We decided to do that. The first cycle I responded; however had unclear OPKs. The next cycle I advocated to try a trigger injection with the clomid and we had success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristy)
Kristy kept in constant communication with me through the portal. (My previous SRM nurses would take days to respond to questions and Kristy was very on top of it, usually responding within a hour or two).
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM failed to perform basic diagnostic testing (such as HSG) prior to treatment. I was dismissed when I asked about getting one performed to a nurse with previous doctor at SRM. I advocated with my own OB/GYN to have this done before continuing treatments with SRM and another provider.
Tacoma

Doctor Mazur I felt had my best interest at heart. He heard what I said and took my seriously. He started treatment right away and was very gentle with me. I wish I saw him more when it came to ultrasounds that’s the only down fall I have...he's going to start treatment as soon as possible. He doesn't waste time...Pcos was my main reason of infertility. He started me on a pill to get me to ovulate with letrozole. Then the trigger shot if follicles were big enough following iui
No weaknesses [with the nurses at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. The nursing staff were all so kind. No judgment regarding an situation you were in...Strengths of this office is they are very willing to work with you financially. They let me pay monthly for all my check ups and ultrasounds. One downfall is if you are at the Tacoma location you have to go to Seattle for any iui procedures...150 per ultrasound iui was 650 plus all medications which ranges from 50 dollars up.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Go in with an open mind. He might go a different route then you first anticipated, but he's going to start treatment as soon as possible. He doesn't waste time.
They made me feel like I was the only patient. They took me seriously and started me on treatment right away!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi )
No weaknesses. The nursing staff were all so kind. No judgment regarding an situation you were in.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
300 dollars to see him. 150 per ultrasound iui was 650 plus all medications which ranges from 50 dollars up.
Tacoma
Dr.Mazur explained everything thoroughly and has compassion. He was very optimistic...has been great , very educated...He is always running on time, has explained everything thoroughly and has not left me with any surprises. When calling the office I was lucky enough to get in the next week with him...We are in the beginning stages of fresh transfer IVF. Using the luteal Lupron protocol...He prefers to do 1 embryo transfer but has given me the option of 1 or 2.
Everyone is great [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] ! All I can say is be your own advocate! If you aren’t getting the results you want or need push for them.This office goes abovet and beyond, I would recommend this office to anyone... Scheduling appts have been a breeze , communication has been great and everyone is compassionate and helpful...We are in the beginning stages of fresh transfer IVF. Using the luteal Lupron protocol.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur has been great , very educated and compassionate man. He is always running on time, has explained everything thoroughly and has not left me with any surprises. When calling the office I was lucky enough to get in the next week with him .
Write down of of your questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna )
Everyone have been amazing . Scheduling appts have been a breeze , communication has been great and everyone is compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is great ! All I can say is be your own advocate! If you aren’t getting the results you want or need push for them.This office goes abovet and beyond, I would recommend this office to anyone .
He prefers to do 1 embryo transfer but has given me the option of 1 or 2.
2021, Successful
He [Dr. Mazur] is a good cheerleader. He is very optimistic and helped us have hope. He is a good listener. We feel comfortable working with him. Even when we had failure, he didn't give up but recommended a treatment course. He respected our choices along the way....He respected our decision to do multiple embryo transfer...Ask him to explain the risk of different treatment options better...
Not good communication from the fertility clinic [from nurses at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] leading to frustration on several occasions...Not organized. Not much emotional support. They have many locations so we were always seeing different people and going to different places. Procedures were not with our regular doctor. Policies were not clearly explained...
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He is a good cheerleader. He is very optimistic and helped us have hope. He is a good listener. We feel comfortable working with him. Even when we had failure, he didn't give up but recommended a treatment course. He respected our choices along the way.
Ask him to explain the risk of different treatment options better.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Not good communication from the fertility clinic leading to frustration on several occasions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
He respected our decision to do multiple embryo transfer
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?