Nurse available by email
ResidencyBaylor
FellowshipUniv of Iowa
18707 Hardy Oak Blvd
San Antonio, TX 78258
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Erika Munch to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Fertility Center to a friend?
2019 - 2020
Dr. Munch was always well versed in my medical history, treatment history, and treatment plan before and during each appointment. I never had to remind her of the details of each IUI round. There were also a handful of times where it felt she acknowledged and took into account the extra financial hardship inherent in being a lesbian couple (for example, she outright acknowledged how expensive sperm is and for that reason, wanted to be as efficient as she could safely be in getting me pregnant.)
Strengths [at Texas Fertility Center] it's two REs, Drs. Munch and Hudson. Total experts in the field. I appreciate that they are willing to change course quickly when things aren't working out and are honest about options and odds. I always felt well informed. Areas for growth are exclusively administrative in nature. Ex: I did not always get a prompt return call from nurses and some of their IVF informational paperwork was confusing, unclear, or out of date (ex: lab name had changed and not been updated). Overall though I highly recommend this clinic.
How was your experience with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Munch's strengths include being straightforward, professional, and an expert in this field. I always come in with a list of questions a mile long and have come to expect thoughtful, clear answers. I have been confident from day one that we have the best RE in the city and that she is 100% committed to doing everything she can to get us pregnant. Our results have been frustrating financially and emotionally, given negative pregnancy tests after all 6 unsuccessful IUIs (technically 8 given two cycles in which we did back to back inseminations). There is only so much an RE can control when it comes to IUIs, so my only complaint is that we did our first two cycles as "natural" IUI cycles. I do wish we had been advised to begin Clomid/Femara IUI cycles right away which could have spared us two months of heart ache and two very expensive vials of sperm.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
I don't think you'll find an RE with more expertise (check out her CV!) in this city. She will be straightforward, honest, and professional. Know that she will likely be on the more conservative (safe, cautious) end in her approach to fertility treatments (namely, avoiding multiple pregnancies regardless of the treatment).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Erika Munch used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Came to the clinic never having tried to get pregnant (same-sex female couple here). Diagnostic work up clear and no infertility or other diagnosis. We did 6 total IUI cycles. 2 "natural" (no meds), 2 with oral meds (Clomid, then Femara), and 2 with injectable meds (Menopur, then Follistim). No positive pregnancy tests. Given we cannot make a baby for free at home (we don't have the luxury of taking a break from treatments and hoping perhaps we'll just get lucky one month), financially, we felt it was in our best interest to stop IUIs and move onto IVF where the chances are so much higher. We hoped to begin ovulation suppression and stimulation in mid March of 2020, but alas...
Nursing staff was sweet and available for questions in clinic and via phone. There were times in which I did not receive a call back in a 24-business hour period which prompted me to make multiple calls. There were also a few times in which I felt nursing was not totally familiar with my case. I will say that they remain calm, kind, and professional even when the patient on the other end is stressed.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Strengths include it's two REs, Drs. Munch and Hudson. Total experts in the field. I appreciate that they are willing to change course quickly when things aren't working out and are honest about options and odds. I always felt well informed. Areas for growth are exclusively administrative in nature. Ex: I did not always get a prompt return call from nurses and some of their IVF informational paperwork was confusing, unclear, or out of date (ex: lab name had changed and not been updated). Overall though I highly recommend this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center.
Each clinic appointment was approximately $250. I would estimate we spent about $4500 in clinic appointments.
Describe Erika Munch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
My understanding is that Dr Munch will insist on eSET in most circumstances.
San Antonio

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Munch is the 4th RE I have seen. I came to her frustrated by how I was treated and how care was managed else where. She was kind and answered all my questions, easing any anxieties I had. She didn’t talk down to me or dismiss my suggestions or inquires. She is super smart and knows her stuff. So far what she predicted or estimated for me as far as outcomes has been spot on. She moves swiftly with treatment and is always very professional. She is also very efficient with time, yet I never feel rushed by her. I Highly recommend her...Go see her, you won’t be disappointed.
She [nurse at Texas Fertility Center] is organized, kind, compassionate, efficient and very responsive to calls and emails. So lucky to have her through this process...May be on the more pricey side, no fixed packages. It is all a la carte so you pay for each US, blood draw, the lab, the anesthesia, the doctor, the surgery center, medications etc separately and directly to the source on your own...It’s one doctor, which I find better than the team approach at other clinics. But, this can mean rescheduling due to emergencies. They know your name when you walk in or call. There are not many weaknesses, but you should know that there aren’t any treatment plans or programs offered it is all a la carts pricing and this can be daunting.
European, Black or African-American
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
Go see her, you won’t be disappointed.
Dr. Munch and her nurse are very personable and patient. They take their time and her treatment of me seemed tailored to me personally. Front desk staff is good, but there could be some improvement in terms of humanness there. Still, I have never felt like I was in a factory-as I did with a different clinic in town
I have pcos so she used an antagonist protocol. I took bcp for about two weeks and used a hybrid trigger Of Lupron and hcg. She took every approach to help avoid ohss but I did still end up with it a little. Her strategy was to get as many eggs as possible, which ended up being 35 and they were all mature, 34 fertilized. She does not order many blood labs, which I thought was strange at first but so far it has not proved to be an issue so I am trusting her methods. She also did ultrasounds less than I expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Hannah O)
Hannah is the best! She is organized, kind, compassionate, efficient and very responsive to calls and emails. So lucky to have her through this process.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The strength of TFC-San Antonio is the personalized attention and care you get. It’s one doctor, which I find better than the team approach at other clinics. But, this can mean rescheduling due to emergencies. They know your name when you walk in or call. There are not many weaknesses, but you should know that there aren’t any treatment plans or programs offered it is all a la carts pricing and this can be daunting.
May be on the more pricey side, no fixed packages. It is all a la carte so you pay for each US, blood draw, the lab, the anesthesia, the doctor, the surgery center, medications etc separately and directly to the source on your own. Ivf with pgs testing was 20k in total, but this is very specific to the individual. FET 3-4K
Very strong preference for single egg transfer. This did not bother me, but might be an issue for some. She is adamant on this.

Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Munch cares about what she does, she makes sure to put your best interests at the forefront of treatment. She does not rush and makes sure you understand what the treatment process looks like before you leave. She takes pride in her job and it shows!...is amazing with her patients. She takes her time and makes sure you understand what the treatment process is going to look like. She get's to know you and your family and puts your best interests in the forefront!
The clinic [Texas Fertility Center] is clean, well stocked, and professional. Everything is discrete and all the employees care about your journey. I have never felt more comfortable within a clinic before. The clinic is always upfront about the costs associated with treatment so you are never thrown off guard...The nurses on staff do their best to make you feel comfortable along your journey. They are compassionate, patient, and dedicated to provide the best care. If you call and have to leave a message, they are super responsive and have always called me back on the same day.
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
Make sure to let Dr. Munch know all of your history as she uses that to come up with the best treatment for you.
Dr. Munch is amazing with her patients. She takes her time and makes sure you understand what the treatment process is going to look like. She get's to know you and your family and puts your best interests in the forefront!
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, well stocked, and professional. Everything is discrete and all the employees care about your journey. I have never felt more comfortable within a clinic before. The clinic is always upfront about the costs associated with treatment so you are never thrown off guard.
Each ultrasound for an IUI cost me around $220
San Antonio

Dr. Munch broke down all the options available based on my diagnosis. She explained her reasoning behind prescriptions and procedures. She really took the time to make sure we understood each time we were in her office. Our first IUI with her resulted in a pregnancy....Dr. Munch was very clear on her plans for us and her reasoning behind every decision. She gave us best case scenario for the highest probability of a successful pregnancy. Her goal is to get you pregnant and not suck the money out of you.
The wait time [Texas Fertility Center] were sometimes long at the end of the day but it could also be from other patients appointments running longer than anticipated. They helped me shop around for the best pricing on medications as well. When I walked out of my appointment, they were prepared with my paperwork. It is not a huge staff so I am pretty familiar with the faces in the office....I had most of my interaction with Dr. Munch, but the nurses had a system that worked great.
How was your experience with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
Trust her! She knows and understand and woman’s body. She is confident in all her recommendations.
First IUI with clomid and follistim injections. After we had some good sized follicles we used ovidrel.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The wait time were sometimes long at the end of the day but it could also be from other patients appointments running longer than anticipated. They helped me shop around for the best pricing on medications as well. When I walked out of my appointment, they were prepared with my paperwork. It is not a huge staff so I am pretty familiar with the faces in the office.
IUI -$220 Sonograms-$216

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Munch is compassionate, a good listener, up to date on most recent research, and always explains things thoroughly. She cares about you before, during and after treatment. She even asked for us to come back and visit with our miracle baby. She let us start with treatment in the manner that we wanted and was very optimistic despite our grim diagnosis.
The only con that we found with this clinic [Texas Fertility Center of San Antonio] was the paperwork routine seemed a little disorganized. There were no copies of paper work given to us so it was at times difficult to remember what we had discussed or certain protocols..... $10,000 for 3 rounds of IUI and 3 medicated times intercourse cycles.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Erika Munch at Texas Fertility Center?
Be patient and trust the procsss, and Dr. Munch. She’s incredibly talented and great at her job.
Dr. Munch took the time to help us understand our diagnosis and what our treatment options were. She made me feel like she cared with her actions and words.
We used IUI with follistim and clomid, overlapping for a few days.
Communication could be a lot better. Most nurses were friendly but it really depended on the day.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The only con that we found with this clinic was the paperwork routine seemed a little disorganized. There were no copies of paper work given to us so it was at times difficult to remember what we had discussed or certain protocols.
$10,000 for 3 rounds of IUI and 3 medicated times intercourse cycles.