Available by cell phone
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipHarvard Medical School
89 Davis Road
Orinda, CA 94563
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Erin Lewis to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center to a friend?
She spoke to us in a manner that made us feel comfortable with her and we felt we could ask anything. ... She is very kind and thorough when explaining things to us. ... Things were never rushed. It was honestly like talking to a friend which made this very stressful process a little easier. She encouraged us to call or email her anytime. She was very good about taking phone calls and returning phone calls. We loved her. ...
How was your experience with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center?
As mentioned before, from day 1 she made us feel comfortable. She is very kind and thorough when explaining things to us. Things are never rushed when its your time with her. Very easy to talk too!!! Helps you make hard decisions in terms of providing clarity.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center?
Enjoy! She's great!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center?
She was very kind and took her time explaining everything to us from day 1. She spoke to us in a manner that made us feel comfortable with her and we felt we could ask anything. Things were never rushed. It was honestly like talking to a friend which made this very stressful process a little easier. She encouraged us to call or email her anytime. She was very good about taking phone calls and returning phone calls. We loved her.
Describe the protocols Erin Lewis used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
After my egg retrieval on May 2018 I was released to go home. The nurse in charge of me kept saying I was pale but let me go anyways. On our 3 hour drive back home we stopped mid way to use the bathroom. I was laying in the back seat the whole time since I left the clinic. The minute I got up I nearly fainted and started sweating profusely! My husband called the clinic and the doctor who did my egg retrieval recommended I go to the nearest ER. Turns out I was bleeding internally...my ovaries never cauterized not sure if that is the right term. The OB doctor in charge discussed emergency exploratory surgery to stop the bleeding. Dr. Erin Lewis immediately made contact with the hospital and soon after I got my own room. She was in contact with the OB on staff and recommended we leave me as is and wait it out a bit as sometimes these things happen after egg retrieval. She also called my husband and explained what was happening and what the next step was. She also called and checked on me a few times over that weekend and gave me her cell number to call or text if I needed. She was always very involved through out the entire process and we appreciated that so much!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Valeri and Paula )
I LOVE THE NURSING STAFF! Valeri and Paula are best! They both went above and beyond with any and all requests. I had some spotting during early pregnancy and every time i called or emailed they reassured me it was normal. I worked a little more with Valeri. Both nurses are very efficient and quick to respond to any and all questions whether by phone or email. Both ladies called and checked on me when I informed them my pregnancy was coming to an end.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The front desk team is awesome! The gal at the desk always greeted me by first name. I was impressed! Every single person I ever encountered in that clinic was kind and sweet. Communication is on point at this clinic! Very organized. It was a breath of fresh air in comparison to our last clinic. I wouldn't change a thing. I love this clinic!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center.
Monitoring was my only issue with this clinic. Because we drove from so far away the appointments had to be early to avoid traffic or sometimes they scheduled me late. I understand they had to do daily monitoring but I wish it could've been done somewhere else close to home. Luckily, some of those days also fell on weekends and that was nice. Some of the ladies doing the ultrasounds were a little rough and I voiced that to someone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center.
We had insurance coverage with this cycle. Out of pocket costs with the clinic alone was maybe $3,500...not completely sure. All other costs and fees were associated with labs and meds etc...
Describe Erin Lewis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
no comments.
San Ramon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center.

Dr. Lewis always made me feel confident in the specific treatment I was receiving. I felt as though she was taking my unique situation into account....I felt very confident in the care of Dr. Lewis. She was empathetic but not too much so. I did an egg retrieval with her (which was very successful in number of eggs retrieved) and fertilized many embryos successfully. I always understood my options and fertility treatment plan.
How was your experience with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center?
Expect Dr. Lewis to be very on top of your treatment plan. She is sensitive and you can call her whenever you need and ask her many questions. She is a younger doctor so expect that but she is highly qualified and eligible in my experience.
We went through 4 rounds of clomid. Then we did one IUI where I ended up being hyper stimulated so could not proceed with IUI. From there we started IVF. My first transfer was successful but ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. My second was not successful. We have another 6 embryos to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Valeri Lewis and Paula Miller)
My clinical care team was amazing! I had two dedicated nurses who were sensitive and hands on.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The RSC clinic is great. It is a well oiled machine and yet my doctors and nurses never made me feel "like a number." We had problems with the billing department one time but it was easily resolved. Given the number of times I needed to go in for a blood draw or sonogram, etc. I got to know the assistants on a first name basis. They were very friendly and professional. The office visits were quick and they did not over-schedule.
We elected an Attain program (a private company they partner with for eligible people). We elected a two egg retrieval cycle program. This cost us a flat fee of $25k without medicine. The medicine after one egg retrieval, one IUI, and two transfers cost us estimated $10k. My cycles were abnormally long and the medicine was more expensive (so I have been told by friends, doctors, etc.).
RSC of the Bay Area, my fertility treatment center, has a solid policy on eSET.
Orinda

Dr. Lewis is an expert. She is warm, kind in her treatment and highly experienced in her field. ... Dr. Lewis knows the research. ... She explained every step in the IVF process and we immediately trusted her. I highly recommend her to anyone who is starting IVF treatments. ... She spent plenty of time with us to explain every detail of care and answered all of our questions. She also address all of our concerns with kindness.
How was your experience with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Lewis is an expert. She is warm, kind in her treatment and highly experienced in her field. She explained every step in the IVF process and we immediately trusted her. I highly recommend her to anyone who is starting IVF treatments.
Ask as many questions as you can think of. Dr. Lewis knows the research.
IVF with Genetic testing
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: N/A)
Organized, skilled and caring
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Strengths would include knowing how to help ease the stress of IVF, they were welcoming and explained everything in detail. They took care of everything just in case we were overwhelmed with the details. I have no comment on weakness.
26k-30k