5.6

Weill Cornell Medical College

Erin Masaba works at

601 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14642

she [Dr. Erin Masaba] is straight forward, very smart, and explains everything. She shares her experiences and give her best course of action. She is open to questions and is willing to make changes if needed/requested...She’s very friendly and very knowledgeable. I’ve never had a doctor more receptive to questioning her plan of action. She’s ready with a great explanation, and is willing to adjust things accordingly. She is not dismissive.
During my diagnostic [with Dr. Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility], we discovered I have trouble with follicle growth and ovulating on my own. So we started with a plan of clomid, trigger shot, and IUI. Before we started my first cycle I did a lot of research on clomid with PCOS patients. Many end up switching to Letrezole anyway. When I questioned why she didn’t put me on Letezole first- she ended up deciding to switch my plan. Both accomplish the same goal and have similar side effects. She saw no medical reason not to switch it, and I’ve been responding well. I’ve had follicle growth on both medicated cycles.
How was your experience with Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Again, she is straight forward, very smart, and explains everything. She shares her experiences and give her best course of action. She is open to questions and is willing to make changes if needed/requested.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Use the MyChart app, but try to ask all you questions in one shot. She is great about taking time to answer your questions, but it’s hard on the doctors to have a ton of back and forth. She’s very friendly and very knowledgeable. I’ve never had a doctor more receptive to questioning her plan of action. She’s ready with a great explanation, and is willing to adjust things accordingly. She is not dismissive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester)?
Erin takes the time to message you back when the answer requires explanation. When you’re in a consultation with her, she does not rush you and never looks at the clock. She is straight forward but takes the time to check in emotionally. She gives her opion and proffered plan, but opens it up to changes if that’s what make me comfortable.
Describe the protocols Erin Masaba used in your cycles at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester) and their degree of success.
During my diagnostic, we discovered I have trouble with follicle growth and ovulating on my own. So we started with a plan of clomid, trigger shot, and IUI. Before we started my first cycle I did a lot of research on clomid with PCOS patients. Many end up switching to Letrezole anyway. When I questioned why she didn’t put me on Letezole first- she ended up deciding to switch my plan. Both accomplish the same goal and have similar side effects. She saw no medical reason not to switch it, and I’ve been responding well. I’ve had follicle growth on both medicated cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester). (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
The nursing staff is extremely well organized and caring, despite a very busy schedule. Although they have to keep moving through patients, they do take the time is you have extra questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
Strong Fertility has very kind and organized staff. They are knowledgeable and always follow up same day with blood results and questions. I feel that my doctor and nurses really know wht they are doing, and o eat the fee that they try to help as many people as possible.
Erin Masaba
Rochester
She is very understanding. She allowed me to do appointments over the phone as I live 2 hours away from their office. Dr.Masaba is very compassionate and is willing to answer any and all questions that I have...I have had 4 IUIs since being under her treatment. We have only changed my meds once. I am not sure if anything should have been changed. I’m trusting her and her decisions... When I had mine [IUI] done, it was done by a nurse, not a doctor.
The facility [Strong Fertility] itself is very nice and warming. It helped make me be not so nervous. The doctors and nurses are very nice and caring. At times, I had to push the nurse to change a med that was a little cheaper but they will try different options to help you out....An IUI at their clinic, with a discount, costed me $288 out of pocket... you communicate more with the nurses than the doctor at times. The nurses are good at communicating and getting back to you but usually only call at the end of the day.
At this office, you communicate more with the nurses than the doctor at times. The nurses are good at communicating and getting back to you but usually only call at the end of the day. This is fine, but it would be nice for them to explain that to me in the beginning. I figured it out a few weeks into treatment when finally one of the nurses said they do their calls at the end of the day when their phones are turned off. Some of them do IUIs. When I had mine done, it was done by a nurse, not a doctor. The nurses that I have dealt with this far have been great and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
The facility itself is very nice and warming. It helped make me be not so nervous. The doctors and nurses are very nice and caring. At times, I had to push the nurse to change a med that was a little cheaper but they will try different options to help you out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erin Masaba at Strong Fertility Center (U of Rochester).
An IUI at their clinic, with a discount, costed me $288 out of pocket