5.8

Towson
901 Dulaney Valley Road
Towson, MD 21204
410.512.8300

Dr. Katz was friendly and talked to me like a real person...explained things well. He did seem kind of rushed at times. He did seem to want what was best for me, and was not worried about if I would stay a full patient with his clinic...We ended up keeping our embryos in KC and performing an ERA test and doing outside monitoring with Dr. Katz. During the ERA test, he had me on oral estrogen 3x/day and then progesterone in oil for 6 days prior to the biopsy. The test results were that my lining was normal receptive 6 days after beginning the progesterone.
Jenna [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility-Bel Air] was very friendly and compassionate. She would call and explain things to me and answer any questions I had. We did have some times when we were playing phone tag and I had a little difficulty getting in touch with her...It took a while for the initial consult though. The nurses and staff were friendly and seemed knowledgeable regarding their jobs. There was a little miscommunication when I became an outside monitoring patient and they had trouble figuring out where my results were and where they were going.
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Katz was friendly and explained things well. He did seem kind of rushed at times. He did seem to want what was best for me, and was not worried about if I would stay a full patient with his clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
He has an accent and talks kind of fast, so if you don't understand, ask him to repeat himself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Katz was friendly and talked to me like a real person.
Describe the protocols Eugene Katz (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Katz was helping me determine if we should move our embryos to his clinic in Maryland or keep them in KC and just do outside monitoring with Shady Grove. He explained the pros and cons well, and genuinely seemed to want what was best for me. We ended up keeping our embryos in KC and performing an ERA test and doing outside monitoring with Dr. Katz. During the ERA test, he had me on oral estrogen 3x/day and then progesterone in oil for 6 days prior to the biopsy. The test results were that my lining was normal receptive 6 days after beginning the progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
Jenna was very friendly and compassionate. She would call and explain things to me and answer any questions I had. We did have some times when we were playing phone tag and I had a little difficulty getting in touch with her.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is definitely busy, but they were able to schedule my follow-up appointments in a timely manner. It took a while for the initial consult though. The nurses and staff were friendly and seemed knowledgeable regarding their jobs. There was a little miscommunication when I became an outside monitoring patient and they had trouble figuring out where my results were and where they were going.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility.
Consultation was covered under my insurance. The ERA test/biopsy was $595. My ultrasound appointment as an outside patient were $295 (which was quite a bit more than the $187 my clinic in KC said they charge).
Describe Eugene Katz (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
When I became an outside monitoring patient, they did not know where my results were after my lab work and ultrasound, and then they did not send the results in a timely fashion.
Bel Air

Very knowledgeable and compassionate all the times meeting him [Dr. Katz]. Heard from him with negative preg tests, when no embryos created and also when I had 2 embryos the next round. He likes to call directly with that news so it meant a lot, especially with lots of nurse communication throughout the process. ... First protocol resulted in no eggs making embryo stage so Lupron cycle was done next two rounds with success. Also ERA done after first failed FET.
They [Shady Grove] are knowledgeable but there are a lot of patients at once. Sometimes feel like a number, especially after monitoring appointments. They try really hard to not make you feel this way. I trust they know what they are doing. ... All nurses have been amazing from the coordinator to the surgical nurses at the surgical center. So very understanding and compassionate.
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Very knowledgeable and compassionate all the times meeting him. Heard from him with negative preg tests, when no embryos created and also when I had 2 embryos the next round. He likes to call directly with that news so it meant a lot, especially with lots of nurse communication throughout the process.
Ask a lot of questions, he will answer them all
Many patients in and out sometimes makes you wonder how personalized your care is
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenna )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are knowledgeable but there are a lot of patients at once. Sometimes feel like a number, especially after monitoring appointments. They try really hard to not make you feel this way. I trust they know what they are doing.
Hard to get there before work but they saw patients pretty quick. Weekends at Towson we’re a nightmare, too many people
Was not itemized
Doesn’t recommend multiple but will transfer multiple if you really want to
Bel Air
2014, Successful
Truthfully, I felt like there were certain things that were 'missed' [by Dr. Katz and Shady Grove Fertility] and felt that if I weren't 100% on top of things I may not have gotten pregnant. In short, I felt details were missed... Whenever I spoke with my doctor I never really felt he recalled who I was or the details of my treatment.
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] itself was very busy. Whenever I spoke with my doctor I never really felt he recalled who I was or the details of my treatment.... I liked her [my nurse] as a person but felt attention to detail was lacking tremendously which strongly affected my experience.
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
I'm very happy that I was able to conceive with just one round of IUI so this experience jades my perception of him in a positive manner. Truthfully, I felt like there were certain things that were 'missed' and felt that if I weren't 100% on top of things I may not have gotten pregnant. In short, I felt details were missed.
Stay on top of your care and ask for as much clarification as you need. Ask lots of questions and stay on top of your care!
The clinic itself was very busy. Whenever I spoke with my doctor I never really felt he recalled who I was or the details of my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
Very compassionate, however, disorganized and forgetful. I liked her as a person but felt attention to detail was lacking tremendously which strongly affected my experience.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I was not told to discontinue my prolactin lowering meds after receiving a positive pregnancy test. I was given wrong information about number of embroyos. My husbands medication linked to male infertility was missed. Many other details were looked over which I can't recall at this time.
Towson