5.8

901 Dulaney Valley Road
Towson, MD 21204
410.512.8300

Embryo Freezing
For my first iui [with Dr. Katz], I used Chlomid and it took a long time and a second dose to get my follicles to grow. After it was a failed iui, for the next one he suggested that I use letrozole. I had a better outcome with my follicles the second round even though it resulted in a negative iui...He is a very person friendly doctor and was open to listening to everything I told him and trying to come up with a plan that specifically fit my husband and I
I absolutely love my nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility]! She is very compassionate and always available for when I have questions. She always is there when I need her and is super organized...Each iui cycle was $1,800. Not including the medicines which were about $200. The ivf I just paid for was $18,500. The medicines for one cycle came to $3,100...some of their weekend staff at Towson seem to not like their jobs and another negative about the company is their billing department. Sometimes it seems like they are only out to get your money.
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is a very knowledgeable doctor that has years of success under him and I would recommend him to any of my friends. When one thing doesn’t work, he always has another plan. I also like that he cares about your feelings and wants the best outcome for you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be patient. Things may take time, but God didn’t build the earth in one day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Eugene Katz (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
For my first iui, I used Chlomid and it took a long time and a second dose to get my follicles to grow. After it was a failed iui, for the next one he suggested that I use letrozole. I had a better outcome with my follicles the second round even though it resulted in a negative iui.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Kowalchek)
I absolutely love my nurse! She is very compassionate and always available for when I have questions. She always is there when I need her and is super organized
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
One strength I think they have is their success rates. Some negatives would be some of their weekend staff at Towson seem to not like their jobs and another negative about the company is their billing department. Sometimes it seems like they are only out to get your money.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility.
Unfortunately my insurance covered nothing. Each iui cycle was $1,800. Not including the medicines which were about $200. The ivf I just paid for was $18,500. The medicines for one cycle came to $3,100
Describe Eugene Katz (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I have not started my IVF cycle yet
Bel Air
2009 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Dr. Katz was a compassionate doctor, and despite not having a successful pregnancy I would recommend him as a physician to someone dealing with infertility....He communicates well the plan of treatment and changes throughout the course of the treatment. He demonstrated compassion after a failed egg retrieval and informed myself and my husband with the change in our plan....Bravelle, Menopur, Gonal F, HCG, ICSI....ask any and all questions you may have along the way.
Clinic [Shady Grove - Bel Air] was very profession and aesthetically appealing. The staff was courteous and kind during every visit. They demonstrated an interest in our personal journey and desire for success. They were saddened when we didn’t succeed and they want to stay in contact with us despite going to another fertility clinic for our last attempt....[Cost Of Treatment] $20000.00...Dr. Katz was a compassionate doctor, and despite not having a successful pregnancy I would recommend him as a physician to someone dealing with infertility.
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Take notes, and ask any and all questions you may have along the way.
Bravelle, Menopur, Gonal F, HCG, ICSI
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Clinic was very profession and aesthetically appealing. The staff was courteous and kind during every visit. They demonstrated an interest in our personal journey and desire for success. They were saddened when we didn’t succeed and they want to stay in contact with us despite going to another fertility clinic for our last attempt.
$20000.00