Medical SchoolDuke
ResidencyDuke
FellowshipStanford U.
6410 Medical Center St
Las Vegas, NV 89148
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Eva Littman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Red Rock Fertility to a friend?
Endometriosis, PCOS
When our transfer failed I got a call from a nurse, it would have been nice to get that call from Dr. Littman herself. Overall I liked her as a doctor and will be using her for future transfers... very active and present during my IVF. She did every ultrasound, explained number of follicles, went over estrogen levels, uterine lining, etc. I liked that she was so hands on, most clinics will just have nurses do those things so it was nice having the actual doctor explain in person rather than hearing results later from a nurse. She did run a bit late on embryo transfer day, but again, she was likely busy giving the same attention see gave me to other patients so I didn't mind.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility?
Dr. Littman was very active and present during my IVF. She did every ultrasound, explained number of follicles, went over estrogen levels, uterine lining, etc. I liked that she was so hands on, most clinics will just have nurses do those things so it was nice having the actual doctor explain in person rather than hearing results later from a nurse. She did run a bit late on embryo transfer day, but again, she was likely busy giving the same attention see gave me to other patients so I didn't mind. When our transfer failed I got a call from a nurse, it would have been nice to get that call from Dr. Littman herself. Overall I liked her as a doctor and will be using her for future transfers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility?
Dr. Littman can get a bit rushed, but she's a busy woman so don't take it personally!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility?
Dr. Littman was very thorough and explained everything in great detail to make sure I understood.
Describe the protocols Eva Littman used in your cycles at Red Rock Fertility and their degree of success.
We did IVF with ICSI. I did a pretty typical protocol of birth control for a few weeks, all the pre cycle lab work and sonohysterogram. I stimmed on gonal-f and menopur, when eggs were mature and estrogen high enough we triggered with hcg then retrieval. I did overstimulate so we did a freeze all of 8 day 5 embryos and 1 day 6 embryo. The next month we did a medicated FET with oral estrogen and Crinone. I personally liked that no Lupron used, it cut down on medication costs and was a relatively short time on injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Red Rock Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leti)
Leti was amazing! She was quick to respond, great at explaining everything, and showed so much compassion when our IVF failed.
Describe your experience with Red Rock Fertility.
The clinic is beautiful! It's easy to get to and definitely seems state of the art! The only frustrating part is that a lot of times I'll call then have to wait for someone to call me back or get transferred multiple times, but I realize that also helps ensure I get the most accurate information.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility.
My insurance covered the majority of my treatment. I basically paid copays. I think total ended up around $4500 for IVF and FET.
Describe Eva Littman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Red Rock Fertility.
Dr. Littman left the decision on number of embryos transferred up to me as a patient, but would (for obvious reasons) not allow more than 2 at a time.
Las Vegas
Dr. Littman is a no B.S. kind of doctor, which is what I wanted in a fertility doctor. We did all the tests then we met her to come up with a game plan. For us, there was no explanation for why I hadn't conceived. She looked at us and said we could mess around with IUI which has __ chance of taking or we can go for the straight route and do IVF. We had wanted kids for a long time, it was obvious to her and that was her recommendation. Yielded 16 eggs, implanted 2 and had twins, all in 1 cycle. Talk about taking the highway.
How was your experience with Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility?
Follow her plan to the letter and you will be pleased with your results.
Dr. Littman was very blunt and easy to talk to. I appreciate that about her.
One thing that she does is assisted hatching. It is no covered by our insurance, but it's where they essentially break the egg before implantation to help it take. She's a firm believer in it and it is part of her procedure with IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Red Rock Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leticia )
What I loved most about working with RRF is that I never felt like my husband & I were on this journey alone. If I had a problem or a question, Leticia always answered the phone or email, day or night. Never did I feel like I was asking a stupid question or I was being paranoid. You're cramping a lot? How about you come in today and we do an ultrasound to double check on the babies. Also, we had to push my embryo retrieval by a day and I didn't have enough of one injection. Leticia had a stockpile in the office fridge for those scenarios. When we finished our treatment I brought her anything that was sealed and still usable to give to the next patient who would need it.
Describe your experience with Red Rock Fertility.
If you are looking for an all inclusive, professional & friendly fertility clinic then look no further than Red Rock Fertility. Every single staff member is well trained, very friendly & are there for the same goal, which is to help achieve yours.
We were educated on the number of embryos we had available vs what we should do. She recommended no more than 2 in case both took (which they did) and in case they both split. We signed a form stating it could be up to quadruplets. That one took a second to take in.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Our consults were 5 minutes max, with her telling us what we would be doing and she would get exasperated when my husband and I would try to ask questions. She [Dr. Littman] would joke and say that everyone thinks they're a doctor after searching on google. We had two failed cycles of IVF with Littman, and she recommended that we just continue doing IVF cycles and hopefully one day it would work.... agonist protocol both times. Each using menopur, gonal-f and cetratide.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility?
Awful. Our first round of IVF I was 23 years old and new nothing about the world of infertility. Our consults were 5 minutes max, with her telling us what we would be doing and she would get exasperated when my husband and I would try to ask questions. She would joke and say that everyone thinks they're a doctor after searching on google. We had two failed cycles of IVF with Littman, and she recommended that we just continue doing IVF cycles and hopefully one day it would work.
I would recommend you get a second opinion before signing on with Littman.
At times left to wait over an hour, no one knew my name, and you felt rushed in and rushed out.
agonist protocol both times. Each using menopur, gonal-f and cetratide. Between the first and second rounds of IVF she had me on 6 months of lupron in hopes of helping with the inflammation caused by endometriosis, she also recommended I have a laparoscopy done while on the lupron.
The checked you in, and scheduled your appointment. Other than that no one spoke to you. The ultrasound tech was not allowed to talk to you about what they saw. It had to be reviewed by the doctor and then the results were posted on your patient portal. On occasion you would get a phone call with a nurse saying "everything looks good continue with what you're doing".
Describe your experience with Red Rock Fertility.
You feel like a number.Communication is severely lacking. I had major anxiety during one of my rounds because I had a question about medication and I couldn't get ahold of anyone. They seemed to be all over the place, almost like they were understaffed. On multiple occasions I had to wait over an hour for standard ultrasound appointments. My husband and I showed up for our second transfer at our allotted time and were made to wait over 3 hours to actually have our transfer done. I cannot think of a single strength for this clinic.
$17,000 initial that covered everything aside from medication costs. Total each time was between $20,000-$25,000
To the best of my knowledge it was up to the patient.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
She's [Dr Eve Littman] too busy. She has more patients than I think she knows how to manage sometimes. After an ultrasound to check my lining one time she mistook me for another patient and started talking about an iui transfer when we were doing embryo transfer....
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility?
She's too busy. She has more patients than I think she knows how to manage sometimes. After an ultrasound to check my lining one time she mistook me for another patient and started talking about an iui transfer when we were doing embryo transfer....
Be blunt, ask questions and don't settle for simple answers. The more you inquire the more you'll learn. Be prepared to see the doc very little. Aside from initial consult and actual procedures you will be dealing with her staff but don't let that alarm you. They are very warm and compassionate where at times she lacks..
The staff made me feel like it was all about me every time I arrived at the clinic for anything. Sharon McGrath was unbelievable to work with and made me feel special.
We went straight for IVF due to my husbands vasectomy. We wanted something that would work. Blood tests later showed that my egg quality and reserve was very bad. I loved that the doc wanted a monthly blood test to determine when it would be good for me to start a cycle. 2 months later my blood tests showed more positive results. After meds we retrieved 8 eggs which were all fertilized. 5 made it to give day blasts but only 2 passed pgs testing. Due to hyper stimulated ovaries we froze the embryos for two months before a transfer. My transfer protocol was very minimal compared to a later one. Sometimes I wonder if the failed implantation with my own embryos was a result of such low med protocols. After a failed IVF the doc said we could do a second which we refused due to costs. She actually recommended iui however my egg quality would be an issue. We declined and went straight to embryo donation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Red Rock Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shannon McGrath )
I can't say enough for Shannon. She made me feel special and went over everything with us.
Describe your experience with Red Rock Fertility.
It can be hard to get in for an appointment due to high volume. Sometimes the staff seems rushed during appointments but it's your time ask all the questions you want, it forces them to slow down.
IVF without medication was about 16-17k this did cover pgs testing up to 8 embryos and freezing/storage of remaining embryos/sperm/eggs for a year. Also covered one frozen embryo transfer. Sperm retrieval was coordinated through Red Rock with an outside doctor for around 1500-2k Embryo donation was 5k. Which included a 1500 one time admin charge. If transfer was not successful any other transfer would cost 4k. This charge covered the "batch" of embryos (adopted) chosen. For instance we chose a batch of 4 embryos and transferred 2. Transfer was successful and we still have 2 remaining embryos that belong to us until we decide we don't want to pay yearly storage or donate them back to the clinic.
Las Vegas
She [Dr. Littman] always seemed too busy. Always rushed. Not personable. I felt more like a number rather than a patient. She never seem to remember me even though I did 4 IVF Cycles with her. She would always have her nurse call me with the sensitive news, it would have been nice for it to come from her. I never saw her after my retrievals. I was even in the hospital for an ectopic pregnancy and I didn't even see her after my surgery. She wanted to discharge me the day of my surgery.
How was your experience with Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility?
She always seemed too busy. Always rushed. Not personable. I felt more like a number rather than a patient. She never seem to remember me even though I did 4 IVF Cycles with her. She would always have her nurse call me with the sensitive news, it would have been nice for it to come from her. I never saw her after my retrievals. I was even in the hospital for an ectopic pregnancy and I didn't even see her after my surgery. She wanted to discharge me the day of my surgery. But I was too weak. I ended up staying an additional 4 days and she initially wanted to send me home right away and didn't even evaluate me herself before trying to discharge me.
Be more personal with your patients. Give off the perception that you care about them and that you're not in it just for the business aspect
Always rushed, not personable. Never seemed to remember me even though I did 4 cycles with her. Poor bedside manner. I preferred the NP over her. Sure always seemed too busy
We banked three of my Cycles before sending them off the embryos for PGS. We only had one normal embryo after 18 were submitted for PGS, but unfortunately that one did not take
Describe your experience with your nurse at Red Rock Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leticia)
My nurse was compassionate but I didn't always have confidence in her.
Describe your experience with Red Rock Fertility.
Office staff, aside from the physician, were very nice and always remembered me. Their Surgery Center is not in network with any insurance so that was always an out-of-pocket expense. They were pricey and comparison to other IVF clinics in this area
Surgery Center was not in network with any insurance companies so this was always an out-of-pocket expense which was expensive. They tried to charge me an office visit co-pay just for lab draws which after I complained they adjusted.
2013 - 2015
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
I was always able to get a hold of her [Dr. Eva Littman] if I had questions. She was candid about our problems and what we could do to help with it. My eggs weren't top quality and my husband had a low sperm count. We ended up having to use a donor and try to strengthen my eggs. It was rough, but her and her staff were with us the entire time.... My eggs weren't strong enough and neither was my husband's sperm. Dr. Littman increased the dosage of everything and put me on Co-Q 10 to strengthen my eggs. The next time we had two embryos survive and those were implanted. I now have 2 year old twin boys from those embryos.
2013 - 2015
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility?
I was always able to get a hold of her if I had questions. She was candid about our problems and what we could do to help with it. My eggs weren't top quality and my husband had a low sperm count. We ended up having to use a donor and try to strengthen my eggs. It was rough, but her and her staff were with us the entire time.
Listen!!! Everything has a reason behind it.
She talked candidly about our chances and referred to us by name
I remember having to do the first ultrasounds to see my ovaries and uterus and blood tests. Then there was the dye test (don't remember name). That was a horrible experience because I was in pain afterwards. I was prescribed pills, shots, and creams just to get my eggs ready for retrieval. The first round of embryos we had made none of them made it. My eggs weren't strong enough and neither was my husband's sperm. Dr. Littman increased the dosage of everything and put me on Co-Q 10 to strengthen my eggs. The next time we had two embryos survive and those were implanted. I now have 2 year old twin boys from those embryos.
She was with me everytime and would explain how to do everything and I even had an e-mail address where I could reach her.
Describe your experience with Red Rock Fertility.
Be sure to bring in your medical history if you can or have it transferred before your first appointment. Be prepared to wait because it takes time to get to know people one on one. You may be asked to do your first ultrasound that day along with blood tests.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Red Rock Fertility.
After you sign yourself in, you will be called up a few minutes later if there is paperwork involved. Normally you could directly back depending on the procedure or you could be there awhile.
I don't remember it all, but the IVF procedure was $16k without the prescriptions.
She recommended implanting 2 embryos for a better chance of survival
2011
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
...She [Dr. Eva Littman] tried to remove them outside of a hospital operating room in her surgical room but was unsuccessful as I started to lose consciousness. After that fiasco of the removal of the polyps I fell pregnant naturally. At a checkup to see if everything was okay she said there was a 6cm fibroid pushing down on the inside of the cavity and not allowing the embryo to grow anymore. The problem that I am struggling with is why wasn't this seen before in ultrasounds or even during the polyp removal procedure? She referred me to another doctor for fibroid removal and that's where all my fertility issues started and have never been able to fall pregnant since.
2011
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility?
I went straight to Dr. Littman not knowing anything about fertility or what to expect. I was referred by a colleague of mine who had gotten pregnant by IVF from her. My spouse and I listened to everything that she said and did as she had advised. In an ultrasound she found a couple of polyps. She tried to remove them outside of a hospital operating room in her surgical room but was unsuccessful as I started to lose consciousness. After that fiasco of the removal of the polyps I fell pregnant naturally. At a checkup to see if everything was okay she said there was a 6cm fibroid pushing down on the inside of the cavity and not allowing the embryo to grow anymore. The problem that I am struggling with is why wasn't this seen before in ultrasounds or even during the polyp removal procedure? She referred me to another doctor for fibroid removal and that's where all my fertility issues started and have never been able to fall pregnant since.
Educate yourself. Know the fertility terminology and what to expect. Most of all be your own advocate. The doctors don't know our bodies like we know them.
Her demeanor was very nice and calm. It seemed like she knew what she was talking about.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Red Rock Fertility.
Phone calls after bloodwork are so so important. They were very good at that
Describe your experience with Red Rock Fertility.
The doctor was nice to us. She just never explained reasons for medications. I got a phone call about a medication that she wanted to put me on before we got pregnant but didn't explain what it was for and that it was going to cost almost $900. Surgical procedures should be done in an OR.
I had most covered by insurance
Las Vegas
Dr Littman never had more than 5 minutes to spend with me, whether it was a consultation, ultrasound or even insemination! She is not very personable. I never got called with results, I had to call persistently to get updated. Her nurses were nice but not very knowledgeable. I am a doctor, and would never think of treating my patients like this, especially going through such an emotional process
How was your experience with Eva Littman at Red Rock Fertility?
Dr. Littman is not very personable, speaks to you condescendingly and is very abrupt. I only ever spent maybe 5 minutes with her and she never seemed like she remembered me and my history
Be prepared to be treated like a number
IUI with follistim injections and hcg triggers. first 2 cycles negative, next one was a chemical pregnancy, final one was done without hcg trigger because nobody listened when i told them we would be missing my ovulation date, I ended up getting my insemination done during what was supposed to be a ultrasound appointment!
Leticia was very polite, compassionate and always attempted to answer all my questions.
Describe your experience with Red Rock Fertility.
Nice spacious clinic, plenty of seating, coffee bar
My insurance (tricare) covered the cost of all office visits/consults, diagnostic testing, ultrasounds and medications. We paid $500 per each insemination and $350 for semen freezing, as insurance did not cover this.