Medical SchoolTulane
ResidencyU. of Utah
FellowshipU. of Iowa
89 Davis Road
Orinda, CA 94563
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Evan Rosenbluth to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Rosenbluth was very sensitive to the stressful nature of infertility and did not get defensive or dismissive even when I was very skeptical or dismissive myself. He shared his personal experiences with infertility and very clearly explained all the details of our plan and costs and benefits of our options. I felt he listened to me and took my feelings and priorities into account when recommending options.... Dr. Rosenbluth recommended a conservative approach to start and we first tried an unmonitored cycle of letrozole.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Rosenbluth had a caring demeanor and listened to my concerns. He was very serious, but he didn’t hesitate to share his personal experiences which helped me feel reassured that he understood how I felt.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions and speak up because Dr. Rosenbluth is a good listener and is open to hearing your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Describe the protocols Evan Rosenbluth used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
Due to our schedule and cost concerns, and lack of other complicating factors, Dr. Rosenbluth recommended a conservative approach to start and we first tried an unmonitored cycle of letrozole. It worked the first time and we didn’t have to spend a ton of time or money on monitoring that we would have otherwise had to spend. He was also flexible with our travel plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center.
Our nurse was very organized and responsive and if she could not respond quickly she often had another nurse help answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I was very happy with this clinic. Not only were the doctors and nurses warm and up to date on my care but the clinic also helped me find a way to get a lower cost treatment or procedure on multiple occasions (my insurance does not cover infertility treatments)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center.
The consultation, HSG, and cycle were all expensive but the clinic helped us find the cheapest options.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
His tone during discussions is great and he [Dr. Rosenbluth] keeps it real when deciding next steps. And even when we believe we would like to extend shots or produce more eggs for better chances he adjust the treatment to give us what we would like and doesn't fight back but gives all the possibilities and outcomes. And he hasn't pressured us into IVF after each fail.... He is very busy and highly sought out so don't fear if he is unable to do all your procedures.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr Rosenbluth is a great person, he has really great bedside manner and really treats you as a person and not just another dollar sign as we have seen with other clinics. His tone during discussions is great and he keeps it real when deciding next steps. And even when we believe we would like to extend shots or produce more eggs for better chances he adjust the treatment to give us what we would like and doesn't fight back but gives all the possibilities and outcomes. And he hasn't pressured us into IVF after each fail.
Our dr and his team are very interactive, responding when questions arose in a timely manner, very kind during the entire process all 3 times. And the staff was great all the way
First was pills with no injectables which resulted in little growth. Then we moved to pills and injectables which lead to a positive result but ended in miscarriage, then another treatment with injectables which was extended out becasue of test needed which resulted in 1 very large egg but a negative test, then another round with injectables at a lower dosage to get more eggs which resulted in a low positive that we thought was chemical but started to double but ended in a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Very authentic with her words and approach in passing along information, kept us informed with any Dr treatment changes and got all of our questions to the Dr and clear responses. And during our issue with the billing/finance department took a stand and stood up for us to remove some of the major stress they were causing us, and got us in contact with the decision makers. Heather was and is still a God send during our treatments.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Staff outside of finance and billing is great not complaints. At one point it seemed the Orinda office has a lot of turnaround and the front staff was not as knowledgeable on our account and journey. Being sent from location to location there needs to be better communication between clinics so that we are not told different information on each visit.
Our first cycle was a-la-cart but after packages were created which was the communication issue we had. I believe we have spent over 10k with treatments and meds.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Rosenbluth is good at what he does. He can be warm in his delivery of not so good news, but I like that he is always willing to discuss next steps if the outcome isn't what we had hoped for. I'll be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan after our initial consultation, but he grew on me. I feel that he has a genuine interest in our success and I appreciate that a lot.... He talks pretty fast so make sure you ask questions if you don't understand something.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Even if the doctor is unavailable to talk to me directly, my case manager is usually able to get a hold of him to answer my questions and get back to me in a prompt manner. I like that a lot.
During our first cycle of injectables with IUI, I was started on a low dosage of medicine because he didn't want to overstimulate too many of my follicles. It took a while for me to respond so we ended up increasing the dose. I ended up with OHSS by the end of the cycle, but I got pregnant and that was all that mattered to me. I ended up miscarrying at 6 weeks so on the next cycle, we did not increase the injections nearly as much so as to avoid another OHSS situation. I didn't get pregnant but Dr. Rosenbluth said it was a better controlled cycle so he advised we try that again. The third cycle we did the same thing with the injectables and I got pregnant. Unfortunately, I am miscarrying again but the fact that I got pregnant again was somewhat good news, That first cycle was more of a trial and error IMO and we learned what my body could and could not handle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Heather Thomson)
Heather is an amazing case manager. She is always available to answer our questions and she does so with such kindness and compassion. We've been on this TTC journey for almost 4 years and are on our 4th clinic and having a great nursing staff is KEY. I could not be more pleased with Heather on our team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic is pretty warm in welcoming you, especially Ms. Loretta at the front desk. I adore her. She always greets me with a smile and I get the same when I'm leaving. The only thing to be on alert about is the financial coordinator Amy. We only worked with her for a short while but that was long enough to leave a really bad taste in our mouths. She gave us information that was not accurate, made our cycle extra stressful on top of the stress that already comes with TTC, and when asked to discuss the errors, she became very combative and was not willing to right her wrong. My advice, if you're assigned to her, make sure you do your due diligence. Double-check EVERYTHING. And if you want to be sure you're getting the best quality of care, ask for a different financial coordinator.
Consultation $275-300, IUI cycle (with monitoring) $2525, Insemination/sperm washing $525, HCG test $65, Estrodiol test $100, Ultrasound $325-375, Saline Sonogram $665
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr Rosenbluth met us on our first appointment and from the get go got down to business, he knew our history and information which I appreciated- he did his homework before we arrived. He spoke easily and made it all understandable, not confusing doctor talk. He made us feel comfortable to ask questions and reviewed anything we asked over again. He has also called me a number of times to discuss outcomes and treatment changes which has been really personal and greatly appreciated. He never seems rushed or wanting to move to the next person.
Go to your appointments with questions and ask anything you are confused about- he is happy to answer them and obviously knows what he is doing. His end goal is to help you and it’s very obvious he’s a wonderful person.
Dr Rosebluth (and his whole office) treated us with compassion from the moment we walked in, but was also candid and gave us a lot of information, and then was always happy to review that information over again with us, and answer any questions. He has personally called me to give me good and not so good news, and really has taken the time to care for our feelings, but also understands that we want to know the details and the ins and out of everything. He is the perfect balance of information and understanding that this is a hard and emotional time.
We haven’t delved into the actual treatments yet but I have a very detailed calendar and plan laid out which I appreciate. I know Dr Rosenbluth will be very communicative throughout the whole process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura B. )
Laura B has been there every step of the way and has taken time to call and email me regularly, has kept me very up to date with progress, and has repeatedly answered my questions and clarified things when I am confused. She has advocated for me with getting prescriptions and other blood work done and for lowered prices. She has also taken time to arrange for special classes for us when there was not availability in the scheduled classes. She also is very funny and warm and caring.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic is amazing from the moment you email them about with an inquiry. They are kind, professional, and calming. They are punctual and do what they, when they say they will. All of the staff have been kind and welcoming and professional. No weaknesses. Even their Orinda location is perfectly located to Bart so it’s an easy walk to appointments.
Some costs were upfront: $250 for initial visit, and $590-700 for other visits and sonograms/tests. All reasonable fees. They use Natera for genetic testing and you don’t pay till after and receive a significant discount for being an RSC patient. They also have financial a resource officer on site in the office.
Describe Evan Rosenbluth's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
I appreciate that Dr Rosenbluth and RSC are honest about not doing multiple transfers due to the heightened pregnancy risks. They care that we take one baby home and have high standards of practice.
Orinda
Dr. Rosenbluth is warm, intelligent, and approachable, carefully explaining each part of the process and making sure we were comfortable. I have always felt cared for and never felt rushed in our encounters. I feel he truly is rooting for us and cares for us... We did a number of FET with donor embryos and Dr. Rosenbluth carefully monitored and tweaked our protocol after failed transfers. We recently did an egg retrieval and are awaiting a FET with our own embryos. He has postponed treatments in order to give us the best possible success outcome - for instance going from a fresh IVF transfer to frozen or moving back the transfer date for a better lining.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
We have had full confidence throughout our journey that Dr. Rosenbluth sees us, cares for us, and is doing everything he can to help us out. He is very smart and has a great bedside manner and sense of humor. He's been one of the most enjoyable parts of this very challenging experience.
Ask as many questions as you can, he does a great job explaining clinical concepts in layman's terms.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
They are great!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
RSC Bay Area has awesome success rates and all of the doctors and nurses we've interacted with have been very friendly and helpful. It has also been surprisingly affordable compared to other clinics in the area. Their main weakness is their billing department. We have been regularly overbilled or wrongly billed. Fortunately, they will correct their mistakes but we have to be vigilant in checking the bills we receive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center.
They schedule the appointments for what works with your own schedule. They are very flexible and have plenty of open appointments.
IVF with ICSI = $13,000 + $5,000 meds (ordered outside the clinic). An FET is roughly $3,700.
He prefers eSET and explains the benefits for each age range.
San Ramon
Dr. Rosenbluth has been very caring, kind and thorough. At the same time, he is very honest and straightforward. He was honest about the potential challenges of my treatment and the odds of success, due to my age. I feel very comfortable with him and appreciate his attention to my care on a personal level. I also appreciate that all the doctors in the practice discussed my test results and conferred with Dr. Rosenbluth's diagnoses.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Rosenbluth was welcoming and detailed in his explanations. He quickly put us at ease and made us feel as if we could trust him to navigate the procedures, testing, etc. We met with him during our initial consultation and ultrasound. I had my testing (blood work, HSG) at different facilities due to insurance coverage (blood work) and scheduling (HSG), but Dr. Rosenbluth followed up with me personally with the results of my testing and conferred with the other doctors at the clinic regarding my HSG results. We will soon be undergoing the remainder of treatment (MESA/TESE, IVF, ICSI, PGS, FET) and I'm very confident in the remaining care I'll receive from Dr. Rosenbluth and RSC.
Trust his knowledge, experience and suggestions. Know that he is giving you the best and worse case scenario and that he has your best interests in mind.
I have yet to undergo treatment and protocols with Dr. Rosenbluth. I had an initial consultation with him and an ultrasound to count the number of follicles and determine ovarian reserve, as that would help determine whether I was a viable candidate and potential success of treatment. He was pleasantly surprised by the number of follicles present (high for my age) which was followed by positive results from blood work, suggesting a normal to high ovarian reserve. He suggested an HSG because he saw a small paratubal cyst on the ultrasound, and wanted to confirm its diagnosis. Because my partner previously had a vasectomy many years ago, we knew he would need to undergo MESA/TESE, and we decided to have the procedure done at RSC rather than with his current urologist because we felt very comfortable and confident with Dr. Rosenbluth and RSC. Following his procedure, planned protocol/treatment is IVF, ICSI, PGS (because of my age), and FET. I have not been given an exact list of medications yet, just a probable list to contact my insurance company with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center.
The nurses have been wonderful. They are very caring and compassionate and make you feel at ease. My case manager, Jennifer, has been very easy to communicate with and very thorough, answering all of my questions quickly and completely.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
RSC is very welcoming, with a comfortable atmosphere and highly competent staff. The message portal they use for communication makes getting questions answered very easy. The only negative has been in dealing with the scheduling center. In scheduling my HSG, both my case manager and nurse had contacted the scheduling center to get in touch with me several times, and it was several days before they finally contacted me. When they did, I had only three days left to schedule the HSG and they had only one day available, which did not work with my schedule. They informed me that I could have it done at another facility and they would reach out to them to get it scheduled. I assumed they meant another RSC office, but I received a message through the communication portal directing me to an Imaging Facility or the local hospital, along with the phone numbers/contact info. I was told to let them know once I had scheduled the procedure and they would send over the paperwork. I spent close to an hour on the phone trying to get an appointment at another facility. While this is certainly not the fault of RSC, it would have been helpful to have known up front what to expect.
The majority of my treatment will be covered by my insurance. The exceptions are MESA/TESE ($2935), PGS ($2300, plus $1750-3000 due to the genetic testing lab directly). My medications are also covered by my insurance.
We have not discussed the number of embryos to transfer yet, it is dependent on the number of eggs they're able to retrieve, number of embryos created, and results of PGS. I know that Dr. Rosenbluth is very supportive of eSET, however, my age may make a determination for multiple embryo transfer. I trust Dr. Rosenbluth to suggest the best option in my circumstance.
Orinda
He [Dr. Evan Rosenbluth] genuinely cares about each patient and wants to help them reach their fertility goals. I think he could do an even better job with mapping out all the different aspects and requirements of the entire procedures, or have someone else (a case manager) meet with the patients right after meeting with him to explain the ebb and flow.... We decided to do 2 back to back cycles first with a lot of meds and see if we got any eggs or how many and then do a second one if we got none or some with a lower dosage of meds
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
He genuinely cares about each patient and wants to help them reach their fertility goals. I think he could do an even better job with mapping out all the different aspects and requirements of the entire procedures, or have someone else (a case manager) meet with the patients right after meeting with him to explain the ebb and flow.
When you don't understand something or you are concerned about something, let him or the staff know. If you are not satisfied with how your case is being or was handled tell him-he genuinely wants to make his practice better.
My husband and I feel that Dr. Rosenbluth cares about us and is genuinely interested in helping us meet our goals. Unfortunately, the nurses are managing to many patients and I found often did not have a good grasp on the specifics of my case. On the flip side, I spoke to Dr. Rosenbluth about my concerns and after that I have not had any negative experiences with the nurses.
We decided to do 2 back to back cycles first with a lot of meds and see if we got any eggs or how many and then do a second one if we got none or some with a lower dosage of meds. Unfortunately, I did not react well to either cycle and stopped before the retrieval as I would not have gotten more than one egg.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
The doctors, case managers, finance department, etc. all do very specific things and I don't think that they are streamlined together very well, which makes it difficult for the patient to manage all the moving pieces. You don't usually see your case managers or financial advisers in person-all the communication is over the phone and/or email which is impersonal and difficult to ensure that you are getting the best care you can. I did not feel that my case manager understood the specifics of my unusual case but when I shared my concerns with the doctor my case manager switched and I was much happier with the level of care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
They have a high success rate, you can make appointments for everything and you don't have to wait very long usually. They have a number of offices and try to make your appointments at the closest one to you. They have a number of financial packages- they even refunded us money that we did not use because our two ivf cycles were cut short towards our next egg donor ivf cycle.
14,000 for general IVF cycle with the addition of medications and PGD testing from lab. As I mentioned before, there was an option to pay through a special program that I believe makes it more affordable for many. However, because our chances were so low for success we decided to pay directly to the clinic as they promised to refund us any money we did not use.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Care was tailored to our situation, [Dr. Evan Rosenbluth] always listened to our questions and concerns and responded thoughtfully. Made himself available for a call or two during off hours...Fairly standard protocol, no agonists. Did use birth control for 1-2 weeks prior to starting stims. Had plans to freeze any resulting blastocysts, so our goal was to stimulate with the hopes of getting as many eggs as possible (Menopur, Gonal-F were used, cetrotide and lupron trigger). ICSI used for fertilization (28 of 33 fertilized). All resulting day 5/6 blasts (12) were biopsied for PGS at day 5/6 and frozen the same day. Transfer - drugs, estrace and PIO. Single embryo transferred, resulting in singleton pregnancy.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Strengths: compassionate, good communicator, good bedside manner, experienced Weaknesses: Some routine care and procedures at this clinic are taken on by the other doctors, not just your doctor. For example, my doctor did not do my egg retrieval. However, this is done in part to ensure that each doctor is working on their strongest procedures and helps with the on-call process. Not really a weakness, unless you want your doctor to be doing every procedure.
Double check everything when it comes to dosages and meds with your case manager. Especially when they are altered or changed mid cycle. In doubt... call! I had a small miscommunication with my case manager (not the doctor), and it put my cycle in jeopardy. Luckily everything worked out. You can't be too careful with this sort of investment!
Care was tailored to our situation, always listened to our questions and concerns and responded thoughtfully. Made himself available for a call or two during off hours.
Efficient, timely, compassionate and good at sharing results as they went.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
- You have one doctors, but other doctors may help with care/procedures depending on timing and what that doctor's strengths are. They use a Team Care approach. - Strength - Experience and quality of doctors and care staff - Weakness - Busy at times, may need to wait to get a new patient consult, but once you are a patient things move a bit quicker. Probably a bit pricey (but we did not compare with other local clinics), worth the money! - As the doctors are often dealing with many patients and different situations, communication with your case manager is key. They will be your primary touch point throughout the cycle. - If you want to speak with the doctor instead of a nurse or case manager, just ask! - The informational IVF nurse was also a great resource when I need to ask a question about diet, activity, medicine, etc... during the cycle.
I owed 10% co-insurance on all related procedures. I don't remember exact costs, but they were ultimately around $1500-$2000 all in, plus $4000 for PGS (with another company)
1 was suggested based on known quality of embyro (PGS normal) and past success in achieving pregnancy
4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
He's [Dr. Evan Rosenbluth] a nice person and a good communicator, but he wasn't paying attention to my health and medications prior to my donor egg embryo transfer, which likely caused it to be unsuccessful. For example, he neglected to inform me that I shouldn't be taking antihistamines prior to my transfer until I asked during my actual transfer. Too late. He and my case manager neglected to pay attention to the fact that my allergies were flared up to the point that steroids were needed to treat them. I never should have moved forward with my first FET, which proved unsuccessful. The success rate for a PGD tested donor embryo is 70%, according to the clinic and genetic testing company.
4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
He's a nice person and a good communicator, but he wasn't paying attention to my health and medications prior to my donor egg embryo transfer, which likely caused it to be unsuccessful. For example, he neglected to inform me that I shouldn't be taking antihistamines prior to my transfer until I asked during my actual transfer. Too late. He and my case manager neglected to pay attention to the fact that my allergies were flared up to the point that steroids were needed to treat them. I never should have moved forward with my first FET, which proved unsuccessful. The success rate for a PGD tested donor embryo is 70%, according to the clinic and genetic testing company.
He's a good doctor, but the nature of the business is that you need to be the squeaky wheel in order for the doctor or other staff to pay attention to you and your case. Otherwise, expect for things to fall through the cracks and mistakes to happen. Especially speak up if your case manger is not returning your calls or emails in a timely manner.
The staff didn't know my name even though it's a small office. I had trouble getting my calls or emails returned in a timely manner, or even at all, especially from the finance office. Only the squeekie wheel gets the grease.
My egg donor was given a straightforward protocol of Menopur, Follistim and Gonal F. 27 eggs were retrieved, 21 were mature. 15 eggs were fertilized, 6 were frozen. Out of the 15 eggs, 7 made it to Day 5 or 6 for PGD testing. Out of the 7 embryos, 5 were normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Adriana)
Phone calls and emails were not responded to in a timely manner. Adriana was overworked and neglected to communicate important information to my egg donor. She also told her incorrect information, which caused my donor anxiety during the egg retrieval process. For example, she told my egg donor she would only be given a twilight anesthesia and not be put under. This was not the case. She was given general anesthesia. Adriana also gave incorrect medication instructions to my egg donor. The errors and inconsistencies almost caused my egg donor to back out of the whole process. Adriana did not give my donor confidence that the clinic knew what they were doing.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
RSC is made up of 4 locations and many doctors, nurses and staff, all of whom cover for one another on any given day. Thus, the opportunities for miscommunication are great. The staff seem overworked and poorly trained. For example, when I went in for appointments, they accidentally called my egg donor's name instead of mine. Consistent protocols do not seem to be in place. For example, Dr Rosenbluth was not aware of protocols for the egg donor process and gave me incorrect information about whether my egg donor should be present in certain meetings or not. The records department also neglected to transfer my medical records to my obgyn after I filed more than one records request.
They were lower than rates at UCSF. I know that from a friend who also did donor egg with PGD testing. Though my costly could have been lower since my egg donor was a friend of mine and I didn't have to pay an agency fee.
He recommended transferring one embryo only, which I agreed with since they were PGD tested.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
He is thorough. He's been involved in a lot if research and it shows. He can clearly explain things and is frustrated (in a productive way) when he doesn't know why results are a certain why he didn't expect. When my case became more complicated he asked other doctors at a major conference for insight (to clarify, this was because it was so rare, not an indication that he isn't knowledgeable. I was impressed and appreciative that he went and did this on his own, after asking my permission). I was feeling very defeated after our third loss (again, first under his care) I told him I was scared this was never going to happen for us, and he told me he didn't think we were there yet and that he would tell me if we were. He was right. He handled curveballs very well and whenever we cycle again, he will be managing my care.
Tell him what you want. Explain your concerns and ask questions, because he will answer.
They cared about how I was doing. When I had my third loss (first under their care) there was a plan enacted to not only find out why it happened, but how to address it in the future. They (Dr. Rosenbluth and my nurse Valeri) were available, listened to my concerns, and answered my many questions. He followed up on research I had done and listened to what I wanted to do for my treatment, and if we disagreed on something, he explained his view (and his experience/research) and we came to a decision together. This was not the experience I had elsewhere and I truly feel he listened to me and viewed me as a human being.
Antagonist protocol (downreg with birth control, follistim, menopur, ganirelex, baby aspirin, antibiotics before ER, Valium before transfer for fresh cycle. Estradiol, Endometrin/pio (added pio during bleeding episodes in first trimester). 11 retrieved, 9 mature, 1 day 5 blast transferred, 6 day 6 blasts frozen. Day 5 blast resulted in a miscarriage, transferred 2 frozen embryos several months later, resulting in a singleton live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Valeri)
Valeri is amazing. Answered all my questions, sent me an organized calendar, got me over my fear of self-injecting PIO, and camel me down during a very scary first trimester with bleeding. She's the best.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Well run, has an off hours number you can call. Very regimented in hours for appointments, which can be tough to coordinate with work. They are tech friendly (email, etc) and are friendly. Billing can be a headache, but frankly, I cared far more about the lab and doctor quality, and was willing to handle the billing issues (which were resolved, after several phone calls back and forth).
Meds were approximately 4 grand for the fresh cycle. IVF (including ICSI, freezing, retrieval, transfer) was about 13 grand. Frozen transfer was 3 grand, I don't remember the Meds.
IUI, 2 IVF
Dr rosenbluth was great, he was very thorough in his explanation of the treatments, process, etc. Both times I did when retrieval with him were successful so I was very happy with his decisions in my treatment... Dr rosenbluth was warm in his communication and did not sugar coat anything for us.... Feel free to be completely honest with him, he is very understanding and the more he knows about your circumstantances the better it is for you
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
I don't remember the first protocol exactly but my numbers all looked good so we went with I assume is the "normal" cycle. Unfortunately we only retrieved 14 eggs - only 2 made it to day 5 and only 1 was pgs normal... We transferred and it ended with my daughter being born. The second retrevial we increased the gonal f dosing and added HGH which resulted in 28 eggs, 15 made it to day 5 and 7 were pgs normal. We did a transfer that resulted in my son being born.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judie)
Just was great, she answered all of my questions, stayed on the phone as long as I needed her... Very prompt in replying to email. Provided me what I asked.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Strengths - friendly staff, good lab team, personally would prefer the decor to communicate more of a high tech vibe. They were successful in that I have two children so I really have nothing to complain about.
The total cost of my last ivf was 27,000$
Dr rosenbluth was very firm in recommending eSET for pgs tested embryos. It made me a bit nervous but it worked!
Orinda
I would work with Dr. Rosenbluth again without reservations...Dr. Rosenbluth has been consistently thoughtful, clear and communicative. From our first consultation he provided thorough explanations of our options, guided us and was very receptive to questions. There were several unexpected things that came up in our cycle and each time he displayed flexibility and willingness to listen to our position. He's also just been incredibly kind, which goes a long way during a process as stressful as fertility treatment.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
I've already done this. See previous question.
I would work with Dr. Rosenbluth again without reservations.
Because we opted for genetic testing, we used Lupron prior to our retrieval and are looking forward to a FET. We were prescribed Gonal F and Menopur during the stim cycle. In preparation for our FET we used oral estradiol and progesterone injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Meredith Fisher)
The nursing staff and care coordinator have been excellent. They have been communicative and professional at each interaction. Our care coordinator has at times seemed very busy and is often difficult to reach over the phone, but she is generally responsive with email.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I think I've largely summed up our experience. I've felt confident in our care throughout and highly recommend RSC Orinda and Dr. Rosenbluth.
We chose to use the Attain program, so have had very little experience with the billing department at RSC. As a result, the cost of our treatment is not applicable to people who are paying per cycle.
Orinda
Dr. Rosenbluth is amazing. He listens, and is warm, accessible and clear. Other Drs at RSC are accessible only via your case manager, but I was able to (and did) email him directly when I had questions, and he always responded fairly promptly. When I had my chemical pregnancy, he managed my expectations very well, and adequately prepared me for what would happen....He was incredibly warm and friendly, sharing anecdotes about his own family. He was also the perfect balance of encouraging and straightforward.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Email him with any questions, he'll respond!
Mine was pretty straightforward, IUI with no drugs. When we first started we missed ovulation b/c I never got a positive on my opk, so he moved up when I should come in and we caught it the next couple of times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Meredith)
I was not really a fan of Meredith. She took a long time to respond, she wasn't clear with her answers, and she was not warm. When she was busy and I dealt with different case managers, I found them much kinder. I preferred pretty much every other nurse to her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
RSC is a wonderful clinic,and the front desk ladies are treasures. My one complaint is that procedures aren't performed in the Orinda office; I had to go all the way to San Ramon. It would also be nice if the Orinda office was open on the weekends.
I honestly don't remember. I know that none of it was covered by insurance. I believe that for both iui cycles, it was under 5k. perhaps 3k?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Rosenbluth is caring, although at times he can appear to be blunt and can be direct in his responses...Dr. Rosenbluth was very clear with me from the beginning, that due to my age, I had very low chances of success. And due to my age and ovarian reserve, he was not willing to do an IVF cycle unless I used a donor egg..Even though Dr. Rosenbluth did not agree to IVF with my own eggs, he agreed to let me try two cycles of IUI with him.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Rosenbluth was very clear with me from the beginning, that due to my age, I had very low chances of success. And due to my age and ovarian reserve, he was not willing to do an IVF cycle unless I used a donor egg. After consulting with Dr. Rosenbluth, I got pregnant naturally, only to find out it was an ectopic pregnancy. Even though Dr. Rosenbluth did not agree to IVF with my own eggs, he agreed to let me try two cycles of IUI with him.
Dr. Rosenbluth may seem blunt at times and can get technical with his explanations, don't be afraid to ask him for clarification.
Femara and Follistim.
Jennifer (Alvarado and Patterson) were very professional and quick to respond to any questions or concerns. They were caring and concerned about my well being.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic in Orinda especially needs to be updated, the facilities are outdated. I feel like RSC is more concerned with their statistics, and will not take on patients past a certain age without using a donor egg.
Under 1k for two cycles of IUI
Orinda
Strengths: overall, he [Dr. Evan Rosenbluth] was personable and we could relate to him. Weaknesses: sometimes seems distracted, rushed and unwilling to talk through my questions and concerns to a satisfying degree. Wasn't as personable and encouraging as other staff we interacted with...Since my issue was recurrent miscarriages suspected to be due to chromosomally abnormal eggs, we did a standard egg retrieval and did PGS of blastocyst stage embryos to try to achieve chromosomally normal embryos. Did the frozen transfer on my natural cycle with hormonal supplementation for transfer. I was also prescribed baby aspirin.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Strengths: overall, he was personable and we could relate to him. Weaknesses: sometimes seems distracted, rushed and unwilling to talk through my questions and concerns to a satisfying degree. Wasn't as personable and encouraging as other staff we interacted with.
Sometimes his explanations and discussion seemed clinical and impersonal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Rueckheim )
Laura was always available, compassionate and understanding, and promptly addressed my questions and concerns. It was very beneficial that most communications went through her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic facilities were great. Small and personal, easy to access, and things generally ran very smoothly and promptly.
IVF/ICSI/PGS//FET: $17745 Consult: $275 Saline sono: $665 Lab fees: $2170 Meds (through outside insurance/clinic): $220 Storage: $500+
We were happy that dr. Rosenbluth was a proponent of a single embryo transfer.
Orinda
Dr. Evan Rosenbluth made everything possible. He explained IUI in every detail. Supported my decision and was 100% honest and trustworthy. He gave my partner and I so many options and he gave us hope. He made us comfortable. He’s super friendly, and great with communication.... He gave us an option for IUI. I was on no medication. Just had a trigger shot then 2 days later the IUI Insemination.... He was very respectful, and explained IUI step by step.
Patience
He was very respectful, and explained IUI step by step. Made my partner and I comfortable
They’re very professional. If I needed an answer to a question they were very responsive fast!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I would recommend this place. Respectful and you’ll get a fast response. Another positive about it is that they’re open on weekends and they’ll make sure to answer your question right away. They also check up on you when they have the chance to.
The cost for my IUI was $1,010 not including the ovidrel shot which was $53
N|A
San Ramon
He [Dr. Evan Rosenbluth] took great care of me and my husbands emotional and physical needs. Giving us the time needed to understand what was going on...He was incredibly kind and willing to listen to our needs as well as provide possible solutions to our fertility needs. He took the time to get to know us and helped us understand what our next steps should be... is very knowledgeable and does a great job of educating you on the body and it’s functions in relation to fertility as well as going through possible options with you. Be prepared to get a full evaluation at your first visit and follow up phone calls and contacts.
European, Other
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Rosenbluth is very knowledgeable and does a great job of educating you on the body and it’s functions in relation to fertility as well as going through possible options with you. Be prepared to get a full evaluation at your first visit and follow up phone calls and contacts.
He took great care of me and my husbands emotional and physical needs. Giving us the time needed to understand what was going on.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic was clean and tidy and the office was organized with our paperwork prepared and what we were responsible for outside of what our insurance covered. We were assigned a case manager that was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable.
San Ramon
He [Dr. Evan Rosenbluth] is very friendly and easy to talk to. He listens and has a good sense of humor. He makes me feel like we have options and gives me hope. He answers questions and doesn't make me feel like I'm asking too many questions...We are about to start IUI and he explained the process. I'm on Clomid and will go in next week for treatment...We've only been to the office [RSC] twice. The first time the checkout was fine, second time as well. Friendly office staff.
How was your experience with Evan Rosenbluth at Reproductive Science Center?
He is very friendly and easy to talk to. He listens and has a good sense of humor. He makes me feel like we have options and gives me hope. He answers questions and doesn't make me feel like I'm asking too many questions.
Get ready for a good doctor experience.
Last appointment he greeted us at the door.
Friendly and helpful. Made me feel comfortable in a pretty nervous situation.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
We've only been to the office twice. The first time the checkout was fine, second time as well. Friendly office staff.
It's early, initial visit was 600$ I think, second visit 75.
None