5.2

Eve Feinberg works at

259 E. Erie St
Chicago, IL 60611
312-695-7269

Dr. Feinberg is really caring and delivers all news compassionately...For our second cycle, I went on a low carb diet for 3 months prior to stimming. I also started taking 600mg CoQ10 daily. My husband had a TESE procedure so that we could use sperm with less DNA fragmentation and stress to fertilize our eggs. I also added in HGH... I dont love that I never saw her during active treatment. I know the clinic is quite large and it would be impossible for her to see me every visit. But I never saw her during actual treatment.
I switched nurses between my two cycles because I did not have a good rapport with my first nurse [at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine]. I asked to be switched to Claire because I had previous communication with her and felt she was more compassionate. You don't necessarily always hear from your primary nurse but they are usually the ones to deliver any important instructions or news...Costs are on par with national averages
How was your experience with Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
While I do like Dr. Feinberg a lot, I dont love that I never saw her during active treatment. I know the clinic is quite large and it would be impossible for her to see me every visit. But I never saw her during actual treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to not see her during treatment. Though if you ask for an email to be forwarded directly to her, she responds promptly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Feinberg is really caring and delivers all news compassionately.
Describe the protocols Eve Feinberg used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Claire S.)
I switched nurses between my two cycles because I did not have a good rapport with my first nurse. I asked to be switched to Claire because I had previous communication with her and felt she was more compassionate. You don't necessarily always hear from your primary nurse but they are usually the ones to deliver any important instructions or news.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: part of top rated hospital; all doctors we have worked with have seemed very knowledgeable in the field Weaknesses: Because this is such a coveted clinic, however, you do sometimes feel like a number - especially during early morning monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
If you live a little further away from the clinic in the city there are satellite clinics in the suburbs that take appointments for monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eve Feinberg at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Costs are on par with national averages
What specific things went wrong at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Fienberg specifically told me not to start taking DHEA and during the end of my first cycle (with my first nurse) I had asked if there were any additional supplements I could be taking and my nurse told me to start taking DHEA and if I had not questioned the conflicting information I may have ruined my cycle.
Chicago

I like that she [Dr. Eve Feinberg] has personal experience with IVF and is super knowledgeable. However, I've met with her in person only twice, before receiving any IVF treatment. I have only spoken with her on the telephone or emails since. I like that she is definitely open to changing protocols, but she doesn't always give me all the details so that I feel totally informed...She knows her stuff, so you will be in good hands. However, be ready to be a Northwestern patient, in more ways than a Feinberg patient.
I interact mostly with the nursing staff [at Northwestern Medicine]. They are super responsive via email and always willing to get answers to my questions...delays with the NW Pharmacy staff submitting my prescriptions. I had to stay on top of them almost as much as my prescription drug specialty pharmacy...There were only about 2 or 3 times where I had a longer wait and the office was packed with women waiting. Those were few and far between.
I like that she has personal experience with IVF and is super knowledgeable. However, I've met with her in person only twice, before receiving any IVF treatment. I have only spoken with her on the telephone or emails since. I like that she is definitely open to changing protocols, but she doesn't always give me all the details so that I feel totally informed.
They see A LOT of patients. I don't always feel like I have personal care, but I always feel like I receive great care. I work more closely with the nurse staff for sure and haven't had much direct contact with my doctor herself at all.
Cycle 1: Microdose Lupron Flare - used based on my test results and miscarriage history alone. I turned out to be overstimulated by this protocol and we were all pleasantly surprised that they were able to retrieve 14 eggs, 5 of which became blastocysts. However, none tested as PGS normal, so we decided to cycle again, as my doctor believes it is a numbers game and we had a good chance to get a normal in the next round. Cycle 2: Antagonist - started low dose and increased slightly. I wanted to stim lower and slower, if at all possible after not feeling very good during the first cycle. She was open to this for sure. My AFC this round was significantly lower though, and we retrieved only 7 eggs, 3 of which became blastocysts and 1 tested as PGS normal. She suggested we try to get at least one more PGS normal embryo before attempting any transfers though. Cycle 3: Long Lupron - we changed it up again to see how I would respond. I was on highest doses and was a slow responder. We did retrieve 13 eggs, but only 1 grew to blastocyst and we are currently awaiting PGS testing results (and we will then decide to either attempt a frozen transfer or retrieve again).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I interact mostly with the nursing staff. They are super responsive via email and always willing to get answers to my questions.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Good location in downtown Chicago, connected to Northwestern Hospital, and linked to all Northwestern doctors/services where I see most of my other physicans. Their lab is new and top notch. They do not do "batch cycles" but rather let you start on your cycle. That means they are open 7 days a week and holidays for appointments and procedures. The only thing to be aware of is they run FRM similarly to the OB practice - you may not see your doctor on the day of your procedure but instead the doctor who is scheduled to do procedures on that day.
Usually it was fast and super easy. There were only about 2 or 3 times where I had a longer wait and the office was packed with women waiting. Those were few and far between.
Most have been covered by insurance so far. Before treatment for any new cycle, I do have to pay a lab deposit for biopsy, freezing and storage.
Describe Eve Feinberg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Nothing too serious, but just delays with the NW Pharmacy staff submitting my prescriptions. I had to stay on top of them almost as much as my prescription drug specialty pharmacy.
Chicago

Dr Feinberg has been extremely personable and honest ... We went to her for a third opinion and she informed us that with my condition, she always counsels patients that there is a 5% chance of pregnancy. She then told us to go through with our plans for donor egg and frozen embryo transfer. I felt like she was truthful in her advice and we appreciated her opinion and compassion. She seems very experienced New Patient Advice
Strengths-the mychart app, getting called back as requested Weaknesses-no education on medications for FET. Only one message saying when to start and stop meds. Was not made aware of time of FET until 2 days prior. Made it very hard to schedule .... Christine was easily reachable by NM MyChart app. ... She [Dr. Feinberg] highly recommended single embryo transfer. This was our first attempt.
We had a pregnancy leading to a miscarriage when we were told pregnancy was not possible by other physicians. We went to her for a third opinion and she informed us that with my condition, she always counsels patients that there is a 5% chance of pregnancy. She then told us to go through with our plans for donor egg and frozen embryo transfer. I felt like she was truthful in her advice and we appreciated her opinion and compassion. She seems very experienced
She will not sugar coat anything.
Dr Feinberg has been extremely personable and honest
Labs, saline ultrasound to see if your uterine lining is prepared, adjust estrace and prometrium doses to have a period, baseline appointment, begin 2 week course of 4mg estrace 2x/day, mid cycle appointment to ensure uterine lining is >7mm thick aNd progesterone indicates no ovulation, 6 day course of PIO injections as well as endometrin vaginal suppositories, doxycycline 2 days before FET and 2 days after. Transfer day 6th day of injections. 8 day wait for blood HCG pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christine Gaedele)
Christine was easily reachable by NM MyChart app.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Nothing particular to this physician.
She highly recommended single embryo transfer. This was our first attempt.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Feinberg was pleasant and personable, but she was only involved in a handful of visits, which made me feel a bit like I was just a file being delegated to someone else...Come with lots of questions, she will answer them.... did one cycle of fertility drug shots coupled with timed intercourse and IUI. There were ultrasounds every couple of days to monitor follicle development and when to inject to trigger ovulation. We did injections with timed and IUI to give the highest chances of getting pregnant, which worked, as I did one cycle with the clinic and got pregnant.
Laura [nurse at FCI] was very personable, and responded quickly to any questions I had. There were a couple of incidents of not fully explaining timing of things, or giving me all of the items needed, which involved a lot of stressful running around....The phlebotomist was incredibly friendly and compassionate, which is nice when you have blood draws every couple of days. The office staff was pleasant, if distant. One of the ultrasound techs did not use any kind of lubricant on the wand, which made for very unpleasant ultrasounds.
How was your experience with Eve Feinberg at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Feinberg was very pleasant and answered any questions I had. I would have liked to have seen her a bit more often during the course of my diagnosis and treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eve Feinberg at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Come with lots of questions, she will answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eve Feinberg at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Describe the protocols Eve Feinberg used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
I did one cycle of fertility drug shots coupled with timed intercourse and IUI. There were ultrasounds every couple of days to monitor follicle development and when to inject to trigger ovulation. We did injections with timed and IUI to give the highest chances of getting pregnant, which worked, as I did one cycle with the clinic and got pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Laura was very personable, and responded quickly to any questions I had. There were a couple of incidents of not fully explaining timing of things, or giving me all of the items needed, which involved a lot of stressful running around.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eve Feinberg at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
For the IUI and drugs, it all totaled being close to $4000. Our insurance covered nothing, and we had to pay out of pocket for every single thing. Prices were given ahead of time, and they had a 5% discount when paying without insurance.
Fertility Centers of Illinois
Highland Park

Although I’ve only met with her [Dr. Feinberg] twice during my iui process, I still felt like she was watching my progress and called me when I was a bit frustrated with my progress. She has always been good at getting back to me through her nurses. Overall I feel like I’m in great care throughout my fertility process, and continuing on to ivf later this month. ... 1st iui - ovidrel trigger shot 2nd iui- no trigger shot 3rd scheduled iui - cancelled due to overstimulation from 50mg clomid 3rd Iui - ovidrel trigger shot
Efficient, but sometimes i do feel like just a number. Informative staff [Northwestern Med]. Fairly quick to respond to questions. Feels like a well oiled machine. Sometimes confusing processes. Starting ivf and they called in my prescription before my ivf boot camp meeting. ... Had me go in for baseline iui when I was doing a non medicated iui. Which i found out wasn’t needed.
Although I’ve only met with her twice during my iui process, I still felt like she was watching my progress and called me when I was a bit frustrated with my progress. She has always been good at getting back to me through her nurses. Overall I feel like I’m in great care throughout my fertility process, and continuing on to ivf later this month.
Understand that you may rarely see her, but that she’s well aware of your process through her awesome team.
She talked to me like a person. Seems caring and explains thing clearly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Claire Smith )
Love Claire! She’s so caring and quick to respond!
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Efficient, but sometimes i do feel like just a number. Informative staff. Fairly quick to respond to questions. Feels like a well oiled machine. Sometimes confusing processes. Starting ivf and they called in my prescription before my ivf boot camp meeting.
Not yet. I’m open to multiple as twins don’t scare me.
Chicago

I had to go through two Ivf cycles [with Dr. Feinberg], both unsuccessful ( because of mine and my husband's complicated fertility issues). I don't know if she did her best. Most of the times, our only way of communication was through an app. Maybe if I have had to see her more often, I would've been more confident. Anyway, she treated me with compassion. She is a good doctor, knowing what she has to do. And I would recommend her to my friends.
NW is probably the biggest hospital/ clinic in Chicago area, and all the staff is high level. Every time I've been there during the last year, I received good and warm experience. The staff was always nice, and all the procedures I've undergone were delicate and less stressful...I had to go through two Ivf cycles [with Dr. Feinberg], both unsuccessful ( because of mine and my husband's complicated fertility issues). I don't know if she did her best. Most of the times, our only way of communication was through an app.
I chose dr. Feinberg because of a friend who rescued to have two successful pregnancies with IVF treatment. I had to go through two Ivf cycles, both unsuccessful ( because of mine and my husband's complicated fertility issues). I don't know if she did her best. Most of the times, our only way of communication was through an app. Maybe if I have had to see her more often, I would've been more confident. Anyway, she treated me with compassion. She is a good doctor, knowing what she has to do. And I would recommend her to my friends.
Ask as many questions as you need. Get all the tests done.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My healt insurance covered the expenses
Chicago
Dr. Feinberg was friendly and very upfront with treatment and what could be the cause of my infertility. She wanted to do testing to figure the cause. She listen to my question and give me input of risks.... I felt Dr. Feinberg cared, she did explained but I wish she could have given me more attention.... The clinic [Northwestern Medicine] was clean and very modern with up to date equipment.... They [the nurses] were organized and helpful in making sure your had follow-up appointments....
The clinic [Northwestern Medicine] was clean and very modern with up to date equipment.... They [the nurses] were organized and helpful in making sure your had follow-up appointments.... Dr. Feinberg was friendly and very upfront with treatment and what could be the cause of my infertility. She wanted to do testing to figure the cause. She listen to my question and give me input of risks.... I felt Dr. Feinberg cared, she did explained but I wish she could have given me more attention
Be ready to go hard. She really is understanding.
I used progesterone, estradiol and prenatal vitamins for both FET.
They were organized and helpful in making sure your had follow-up appointments.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was clean and very modern with up to date equipment.
$2000 for out of pocket expenses.
She agreed to transfer 2.