U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolHacettepe
ResidencyEastern Virginia Jones
FellowshipEastern Virginia Jones
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA 52242
800-777-8442
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Eyup Duran to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.4
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care to a friend?
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Eyup Duran] was very straight forward and blunt with us. He explained and talked me through procedures in detail.... I was on a dual trigger protocol. Due to my age and weight there was worry for OHSS. I started with Folistim. After a couple of days we added in Ganirelix. As my follicles got bigger I started on Menopur. Lastly I triggered with HCG and Leuprolide. I had my egg retrieval 36 hours later. We got 21 eggs of which 20 were mature. 17 of the 20 fertilized and we had 17 left at my day 5 transfer. Of the 17 a few were falling behind and were poor quality. We were able to freeze 12 5 day blasts. I did a fresh day 5 embryo transfer
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
My husband and I really appreciated the providers knowledge of my situation. He was very straight forward and blunt with us. He explained and talked me through procedures in detail, which I prefer. The only negative complaint I have is once we were completed with our IVF cycle we found it hard to get appointments with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
If you need additional information then what’s provided don’t be afraid to ask. Dr Duran always seemed happy to explain things further for my husband and I. Although he is an amazing provider, remember you are your own number one advocate!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
The University’s IVF Clinic has really impressed me with the amount of compassion the staff hold for their patients. I have had multiple nurses and providers go out of their way to see how I’m doing. They seem to really care for their patients. Dr Duran was awesome! He was the main provider we saw throughout our IVF cycle. He was very personable and honest.
Describe the protocols Eyup Duran used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
I was on a dual trigger protocol. Due to my age and weight there was worry for OHSS. I started with Folistim. After a couple of days we added in Ganirelix. As my follicles got bigger I started on Menopur. Lastly I triggered with HCG and Leuprolide. I had my egg retrieval 36 hours later. We got 21 eggs of which 20 were mature. 17 of the 20 fertilized and we had 17 left at my day 5 transfer. Of the 17 a few were falling behind and were poor quality. We were able to freeze 12 5 day blasts. I did a fresh day 5 embryo transfer. Overall I was very happy with our protocol and outcome. It surpassed my expectations. I had a pregnancy test 10 days post transfer that was positive. In the end we ended up miscarrying at 9 weeks due to a believed chromosome abnormality. We’re currently prepping for our first FET.
I had a couple of nurses go out of there way to call and check up on me. We have only had a couple nurses that my husband and I weren’t giant fans of due to their lack of communication.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The strength is definitely the know and skilled the providers bring. I like the care team. It allows for multiple provider options so my care isn’t soloed into on providers perspective. Negatives is the lack of scheduling when you aren’t in a cycle. Sometimes it’s hard to see the provider you prefer or to even get in at all within a timely manner. This holds very true for the initial infertility work up (tests, HSG, consultations.)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eyup Duran at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
I was lucky to have some insurance infertility coverage. This clinic does not allow any payment plans on infertility services. Depending on your insurance/or lack of coverage you are expected to pay up front. A medication administration class is require that insurance will not pay for ($150-$200 I can’t remember exactly.) Patients are required to pay for Cryopresorvation ($900) as this too is something insurance wont cover. If you intend to do PGS testing you must pay this up front as well(prior to IVF protocol start.) We opted for genetic screening of myself and husband instead. They go through a third party company that allows payment plans in the event your insurance doesn’t cover it.
Describe Eyup Duran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
We only had the option to transfer a single embryo due to my age and lack of historical challenges. The clinic has strict guidelines in order to be able to qualify for multiple embryo transfers. Most are related to age and previous failed IVF cycles.
Iowa City
The provider [Dr. Duran] was excellent, took time with me and didn't rush...He always made me feel heard and he answered my concerns with validation. I appreciated how I didn't feel like a number with him but that he really cared about our outcome...
He spent time with me and never rushed. He always made me feel heard and he answered my concers with validation. I appreciated how I didn't feel like a number with him but that he really cared about our outcome.
The provider was excellent, took time with me and didn't rush. The nurses however were awful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: ali)
Most of the nurses were great. However Ali was extremely uncompassionate and I always dreded having to speak with her. I would usually cry each time we hung up because she was so negative.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Strength- the doctors, their machines and technology, The lab techs, the nurses in the surgery suites, their experience Weakness- the nurses (mainly just Ali) otherwise most of the other nurses were great
Around 18000
Iowa City
Dr. Duran helped me to treat debilitating iron deficiency anemia and menorrhagia while preserving my uterus for future frozen embryo transfer. Other doctors has given me little hope of using my frozen embryos in the future due to this condition...Dr. Duran found a solution to my problem when others could not. He answered my questions thoroughly...Dr. Duran explained every option and found the one that would work best for me. He was compassionate and solved my problem.
Dr. Duran found a solution to my problem when others could not. He answered my questions thoroughly. My life went from terrible to great because of Dr. Duran's compassionate and expert treatment solution. I am very thankful for him.
Call to get treatment from Dr. Duran right away. He is amazing.
Lovely, helpful, knowledgeable.
The best.
All
Iowa City
He [Dr Duran] was down to earth, honest and had a plan beyond this cycle in case it was another bfn. He spent 45 minutes with us discussing all our concerns and past treatment...He was very invested in our journey, knowledgeable and explain things on our level...We had done 4 IUI prior but I felt timing was off so we proceeded with the same course of action because he felt confident our chances were good. I did a final round of Femara and IUI with success...The nurse did our IUI procedure and even let my husband assist and explained everything very well...Great flow, everyone was very friendly from front staff, ultrasound, nurses and doctor
Be open and honest
He was down to earth, honest and had a plan beyond this cycle in case it was another bfn. He spent 45 minutes with us discussing all our concerns and past treatment.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Great flow, everyone was very friendly from front staff, ultrasound, nurses and doctora
Our insurance covered nearly everything