Available by cell phone
Fellowship University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Magee
9335 McKnight Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
412.578.5588
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fabiola Balmir to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny to a friend?
Dr.Balmir has heard it all and is super open about everything... She took me off femara told me to throw away the ovulation kits and do a hybrid cycle. She then started me on gonal-f and clomid with frequent ultrasounds and then a trigger shot of ovidrel. I had not ovulated once on just famara, 3 hybrid cycles and I ovulated each time! I didn't get pregnant but I was actually making progress!
How was your experience with Fabiola Balmir at Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny?
Dr.Balmir is very upbeat. Every time I meet with her she says "we will get you pregnant"! She never gives up and I think she is very open minded about new treatments and procedures. If I say "hey I've read about this drug being helpful would this benefit me?" she answers by welcoming it. I find a lot of the newer things going on medication wise she is up-to-date on because she'll answer that she has read or heard the same things and then we discuss if its right for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Fabiola Balmir at Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny?
Don't expect miricles and don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr.Balmir has heard it all and is super open about everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Fabiola Balmir at Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny?
Dr.Balmir is very kind and all her consults she talks without using a lot of medical jargon. She fully explains all the steps and procedures and makes me feel comfortable with her choices and opinions for my health.
Describe the protocols Fabiola Balmir used in your cycles at Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny and their degree of success.
When Dr.Balmir came aboard I was midcycle from a doctor who has recently left the clinic. She looked at my chart and all my results and said these aren't working let's do something that will work. She took me off femara told me to throw away the ovulation kits and do a hybrid cycle. She then started me on gonal-f and clomid with frequent ultrasounds and then a trigger shot of ovidrel. I had not ovulated once on just famara, 3 hybrid cycles and I ovulated each time! I didn't get pregnant but I was actually making progress! I found out my insurance covers IVF when I suggested it after the 3rd hybrid cycle she jumped on board and helped me understand all the pros and cons.
The nurses might be my one complaint at this office. I have all my appointments before work for ultrasounds and labs so I'm on a tight schedule. The ultrasounds I'm in and out but I end up waiting 15 sometimes 30mins for a nurse to come do my lab. I now try to schedule my appointments for 6 or 7am so I have more time so I'm not late to work.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny.
The security guard at the desk every morning is super nice. She gets to know all the regulars and helps out anyway she can. The fertility clinic is open Saturdays and sometimes they forget to tell you to use the back door as the main doors are locked.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Fabiola Balmir at Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny.
My insurance covered all labs and ultrasounds once I paid my deductible. The only thing I paid for is medicine which was also partially covered by my insurance.
Describe Fabiola Balmir's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny.
Pittsburgh

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Fabiola Balmir at Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Balmir is very warm and compassionate. She sat down and answered all of our questions and set expectations of success. As someone who is obsessive researcher on Google, she answered each of my questions with an answer complete with research backing it. We never felt rushed out of the room with Dr. Balmir.... While Dr. Balmir is warm and compassionate, she is not going to beat around the bush with your chances of success.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Balmir took the time to talk with my husband and I to discuss treatment and expectations and also to answer my questions.
I was first put on 5mg femara and Gonal F injectables (75iu) for two IUI's. We are now going to try and increase the dose of Gonal to 100 for the next IUI which should give us more information on my response to fertility medications so that we can hopefully move forward to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny. (Assigned nurse: Sara)
All of the nurses are extremely nice. They will answer your questions to the best of their ability and seem to have already discussed the answer with the doctor.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny.
Everyone at the clinic is very nice. They do sometimes seem a little disorganized but nothing that's ever caused any issues. The offices themselves are a little dated but they seem to have up to date equipment so that is all that matters.
Both IUI cycles cost around $200. We had already met our insurance deductible for this year so that did help costs.
What specific things went wrong at Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny?
Pittsburgh

Dr Balmir made me feel like family. Her enthusiasm towards my treatment is great.... Dr Balmir is a fantastic Doctor she is compassionate and enthusiastic about all of my appointments and is always looking forward to what she is able to help with and always willing to talk or answer any questions you may have.... The clinic [Reproductive Health Specialists] is very helpful. They have a very short wait time and keep me very informed with everything going on.
How was your experience with Fabiola Balmir at Reproductive Health Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Fabiola Balmir at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Be honest with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Fabiola Balmir at Reproductive Health Specialists?
They are very helpful and as informational as they can be.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
The clinic is very helpful. They have a very short wait time and keep me very informed with everything going on. I love there honesty. The staff is very courteous and sweet as well. I would definitely recommend this clinic to anyone looking for a new specialist in the Pittsburgh area.
Reproductive Health Specialists
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Balmir is very understanding and empathetic during this entire process. She truly cares about you and your journey. I could not imagine going to any other fertility doctor. The time she spends to educate you, to share her knowledge and to come up with a plan is unparalleled! I can not thank her enough for giving me hope...is knowledgeable, ask questions! She is very open and honest while at the same time understanding
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Doctor Balmir is knowledgeable, ask questions! She is very open and honest while at the same time understanding
Describe your experience with Jones Institute at West Penn Allegheny.
This Allegheny Health Network - Jones Institute for Fertility - communicates very well and is understanding. I have had no problems scheduling or calling and getting answers. All staff has been very friendly.
I am getting IVF which is very expensive and insurance does not cover this.