Available by cell phone
FellowshipNational Inst of Health
11150 Sunset Hills Road
Reston, VA 20190
703-437-7722
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fady Sharara to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
IVF, Donor Eggs
I was turned down by 5 places I called because I was 50 years old...he explained the whole procedure, and advise us on what we needed it to do. It was very challenging for me since I already passed menopause and had couple of body issues here and there, Doctor Sharara prepared my body for IVF. My first IVF failed, but neither he nor we gave up, so we went for round two! Iam now 9 weeks pregnant and we are sooooo excited and so happy that we made this decision. I was so glad to find Doctor Sharara, as he never turned down any questions or concerns that we ever had.
The nurses [at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine] were extremely compassionate and were concerned about my feelings all the time...I highly recommend this practice to anyone just starting out, who has any questions about fertility, having a baby or looking to find out about IVF...the staff was amazing...we love all of the ladies in the office they were super supportive even while gone on vacation they took phone calls and responded to text from us, which made our life’s easier, I was impress by the professionalism and the dedication of this practice. I never felt alone while any of the procedures and I just trusted Doctor Sharara doing whatever he asked me to do. Doctor Sharara is an amazing doctor who has lot of experience and
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Fady Sharara at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor Sharara is an amazing doctor who has lot of experience and knows what he is doing. he explains everything and ask yo ahead of time about moving forward with any procedures. he answers your questions and doesn't rush through anything he also make sure that his patients are mentally and physically ready when moving forward.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Fady Sharara at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor sharara is very patient and doesn't make any decisions without your consent! you should trust that he will be making the right decision for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Fady Sharara at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Amazing! My fiancé and I have been together for the last 8 years and I have 3 grown children but he is never been a father, so we discussed having a baby together. At first I was hesitant but at the same time I wanted him to experience being a father and when things are meant to be, they are meant to be! I was turned down by 5 places I called because I was 50 years old. Last place was VCRM, called made an appointment and met with Doctor Sharara, best decision ever! I was very please as he explained the whole procedure, and advise us on what we needed it to do. It was very challenging for me since I already passed menopause and had couple of body issues here and there, Doctor Sharara prepared my body for IVF. My first IVF failed, but neither he nor we gave up, so we went for round two! Iam now 9 weeks pregnant and we are sooooo excited and so happy that we made this decision. I was so glad to find Doctor Sharara, as he never turned down any questions or concerns that we ever had. the staff was amazing we love all of the ladies in the office they were super supportive even while gone on vacation they took phone calls and responded to text from us, which made our life’s easier, I was impress by the professionalism and the dedication of this practice. I never felt alone while any of the procedures and I just trusted Doctor Sharara doing whatever he asked me to do. Doctor Sharara is an amazing doctor who has lot of experience and knows what he is doing I will recommend him to anyone! I was just very sad our time with VCRM was over since I am pregnant now, and need to start my prenatal care with my OBGYN, but I will definitely return to introduce my little bundle of joy to Doctor Sharara once my baby is born.
Describe the protocols Fady Sharara used in your cycles at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jo)
The nurses were extremely compassionate and were concerned about my feelings all the time.
Describe your experience with Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I highly recommend this practice to anyone just starting out, who has any questions about fertility, having a baby or looking to find out about IVF. I am glad I din't have to go to other places and waist my time everything was taking care of at VCRM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Fady Sharara at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe Fady Sharara's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Doctor Sharara advised from the beginning that because of my age only two embryos will be transferred.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Fady Sharara at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.

I felt the utmost care and concern from the first time I met Dr. Sharara. He shared his plan with me, and we started our journey together...is brilliant, experienced, warm, kind, caring and gave me so much hope when I wasn't feeling so strong. I have never been treated better or have been in better hands from any doctor in my entire life... I found out I had hypothyroidism (which a began taking a prescription for) and a vitamin D deficiency. I also found out from the hysteroscopy that I had cysts along my uterine wall (that could have been caused from all the hormones I had taken for IUIs prior to finding Dr. Sharara). With those there, I wasn't getting pregnant. I underwent surgery soon after. All of this was done between the end of June 2018-July 2018 (quick!). My husband also went through a screening that not only analyzed the amount of sperm he produced, but also the functionality. This CAP test gave him a CAP score. We then had a percentage of us conceiving naturally (which was very low and most likely not going to happen). Being 37 years old, I felt I wasted enough time with other doctors and my husband and I, along with Dr. Sharara made the decision to go forward with IVF.
Since this [Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine] is a small practice, you will get to know every single person by name. They will greet you with kindness each and every time. They will give you a hug when you need one and will be there right by your side the entire way. You will feel like a person that is part of a team where everyone is rooting for you...Jo, my primary nurse was always on call for me. She helped me though every step, especially with the injectables. I went to her to show me everything on day 1 of my shots. I could call her anytime with questions. She even offered to do my shots for me if needed (since my husband was out of town for 2 1/2 months) during this whole process.
Dr. Sharara is brilliant, experienced, warm, kind, caring and gave me so much hope when I wasn't feeling so strong. I have never been treated better or have been in better hands from any doctor in my entire life.
Just 1?! If I had to pick, I would say that Dr. Sharara has the knowledge, experience and skills to give you control of your infertility situation and together, you will get through this.
From day 1, there was a plan in place. I went through several screenings, including detailed blood work and blood screeners, a HSG and a hysteroscopy. I found out I had hypothyroidism (which a began taking a prescription for) and a vitamin D deficiency. I also found out from the hysteroscopy that I had cysts along my uterine wall (that could have been caused from all the hormones I had taken for IUIs prior to finding Dr. Sharara). With those there, I wasn't getting pregnant. I underwent surgery soon after. All of this was done between the end of June 2018-July 2018 (quick!). My husband also went through a screening that not only analyzed the amount of sperm he produced, but also the functionality. This CAP test gave him a CAP score. We then had a percentage of us conceiving naturally (which was very low and most likely not going to happen). Being 37 years old, I felt I wasted enough time with other doctors and my husband and I, along with Dr. Sharara made the decision to go forward with IVF.
Describe your experience with Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Since this is a small practice, you will get to know every single person by name. They will greet you with kindness each and every time. They will give you a hug when you need one and will be there right by your side the entire way. You will feel like a person that is part of a team where everyone is rooting for you.
Since Virginia is not an IVF mandated state, IVF is not covered for any practice under insurance. The costs of my procedure included: medications anesthesia trial transfer egg retrieval ICSI egg transfer
I ended up with 1 healthy embryo after genetic screening so I did not have the option.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
He [Dr. Sharara] was thorough, enthusiastic, and responsive as my partner and I talked.... I have full confidence in his medical abilities. When potential surrogate complications came up, and when we were applying for grants, his bedside became a bit curt/dismissive... The treatment strategies and protocols he described were in line with the ones described to occur at other clinics. His rationales made sense, and I know he has gotten results.
Virtually everything about the clinic was strong. Everything was well-organized, thorough, and personalized. If they were more receptive to grants and "compassionate" surrogates, that would be better, but overall, I'd definitely recommend Virginia Center.... The costs were in line with the other clinics in the area. The helpful aspect of Viriginia Center was they were able to itemize everything and provide a comprehensive total.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
He was thorough, specific, responsive, and positive when my husband and I met with him. I have full confidence in his medical abilities. When potential surrogate complications came up, and when we were applying for grants, his bedside became a bit curt/dismissive, as if he has plenty of people who will pay full prices for all aspects, so why should he deign to do anything differently / put forth extra effort / cater to those with financial hurdles? That said, during the traditional procedure process, he was excellent.
Go in for treatment already signed up with a surrogacy agency, and you'll have a great experience.
He was thorough, enthusiastic, and responsive as my partner and I talked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Sandberg)
She was thorough, prompt, compassionate, knowledgeable, and funny in an appropriate way. She was down-to-earth and trustworthy.
Describe your experience with Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The costs were in line with the other clinics in the area. The helpful aspect of Viriginia Center was they were able to itemize everything and provide a comprehensive total. Other clinics seemed to have asterisks everywhere, and it was hard to gauge a final number.
He prefers single embryo transfer, and his rationale / the nurse's explanation was convincing.

2014 - 2017
IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The clinic [(VCRM)] was clean and extremely organized. The wait time was surprisingly minimal- we were always seen right away! Even if we arrived a little bit early. The staff are all kind, and understood the need to sometimes make last minute appointments. Overall, a top notch clinic...My nurse, Jo, was absolutely wonderful. Caring, kind and compassionate- she was with me through every step of the way. I always felt like I could talk to her about anything, as emotional as I would get, and she always understood and listened.
2014 - 2017
IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Sharara is a truly amazing Doctor and person. My husband and I are so grateful to him- we went from having no hope, and thinking we would never be able to have kids, to being now on our way to be the parents of three! After a long road of miscarriages, problems and infertility- we finally found Dr. Sharara. From the first appointment he was finding solutions, and ready to get started-he understood what an emotional time it was for us, and made it known that he would not give up. I came out of every single appointment smiling, even the ones where he bore bad news, because there was never bad news without a new solution, and a new action. His knowledge and progressive ways are remarkable, and he is extremely thorough in every aspect of treatment, from diet and lifestyle to specific doses of medication, when many doctors are not. On a personal level, he is incredibly kind, attentive, and respectful. I was ushered into the appointment room as soon as I arrived to every single appointment, and greeted with kind words. With his support and the support of his wonderful staff, we had our first amazing miracle- our son. And again today, we are pregnant with twins!! I cannot thank them enough. I would recommend Dr. Sharara to anyone hoping to conceive, without a moment's hesitation. He is the best.
Trust his method, and listen to his advice about diet, it really helps.
Him and his staff are so incredibly kind- they asked about me every single time I went in, and followed up with phone calls between some appointments too. I always felt comfortable and taken care of at his office.
My nurse, Jo, was absolutely wonderful. Caring, kind and compassionate- she was with me through every step of the way. I always felt like I could talk to her about anything, as emotional as I would get, and she always understood and listened. I am truly grateful that I had her by my side throughout this process.
Describe your experience with Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was clean and extremely organized. The wait time was surprisingly minimal- we were always seen right away! Even if we arrived a little bit early. The staff are all kind, and understood the need to sometimes make last minute appointments. Overall, a top notch clinic.
I was definitely educated on the trade offs, and he was reluctant to transfer more then one. But at my insistence, we ended up transferring two.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Sharara and his team truly went above and beyond for us.... His cautiously optimistic style left us feeling confident that we were not being sold a bill of goods, and irrespective of the outcome, we were receiving the best care available...He provided comprehensive answers with respect to the causes of our infertility, in a no-nonsense and straightforward manner. In our first meeting he took the time to listen to our experiences, and understand why we were there. He reviewed our previous test results, and explained things our prior provider had never mentioned. He immediately put his finger on what he felt was the problem. He didn’t promise us miracles, but he did promise us a clear path forward, and alternative paths if need be.
we would recommend Dr. Sharara and the team at VCRM to anyone seeking answers to their infertility questions...he has done well to employ a staff full of kind and empathetic women, who will hold your hand as frequently as you need it. Mary and Ashley, who manage reception, are an absolute joy. Jo, Jessica, and LJ, the nursing team, are all experienced and thoughtful. Jo, his head nurse, is particularly adept at making you feel like you are the only patient. She is exceptionally compassionate and served as a rock during an emotionally difficult time; a task she undoubtedly undertakes with other patients.
After several months with a well-known, and well-advertised regional fertility clinic my husband and I found ourselves increasingly frustrated with their lack of transparency, and their inability to provide real answers. Like everyone struggling to conceive, we wanted a baby, but we also wanted to understand the why and how behind our infertility. That’s when we went to see Dr. Sharara. It was by far the best decision we could have made. He provided comprehensive answers with respect to the causes of our infertility, in a no-nonsense and straightforward manner. In our first meeting he took the time to listen to our experiences, and understand why we were there. He reviewed our previous test results, and explained things our prior provider had never mentioned. He immediately put his finger on what he felt was the problem. He didn’t promise us miracles, but he did promise us a clear path forward, and alternative paths if need be. His cautiously optimistic style left us feeling confident that we were not being sold a bill of goods, and irrespective of the outcome, we were receiving the best care available. We knew then that we had found our doctor.
Dr. Sharara clearly cares about his patients, but his approach doesn’t include a lot of coddling; it simply isn’t his style. However, he has done well to employ a staff full of kind and empathetic women, who will hold your hand as frequently as you need it. Mary and Ashley, who manage reception, are an absolute joy. Jo, Jessica, and LJ, the nursing team, are all experienced and thoughtful. Jo, his head nurse, is particularly adept at making you feel like you are the only patient. She is exceptionally compassionate and served as a rock during an emotionally difficult time; a task she undoubtedly undertakes with other patients.
Describe your experience with Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Sharara and his team truly went above and beyond for us, and at 30 weeks pregnant with twins, we would recommend Dr. Sharara and the team at VCRM to anyone seeking answers to their infertility questions.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Sharara is warm, and explained everything to my husband and me in the level of detail we needed....He addressed previously undiagnosed issues and although we were ready to start an IVF cycle, he helped us conceive naturally. We welcomed our daughter in October....He started us on the PCOS diet and supplements, as well as thyroid medication, with the goal of doing IVF. While monitoring ovulation to determine next steps, we conceived naturally within 2 months.
The office [Virginia Ctr for Repro Med] is comfortable, and appointments were always on time....My nurse gave me her personal cell phone number to stay in contact with her if i had any issues at any time with our treatment protocol....Dr Sharara accepted our insurance and helped us maximize our benefit. Additionally, we were able to use our FSA for many of the office visits and charges. Dr Sharara also was less expensive than another fertility factory in the area.
European, South Asian
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
After 1 year of trying and 1 year at a local fertility factory, we found Dr Sharara. He addressed previously undiagnosed issues and although we were ready to start an IVF cycle, he helped us conceive naturally. We welcomed our daughter in October.
Run, do not walk to make an appointment. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Dr Sharara is amazing.
Because our previous practitioner had missed several things, Dr Sharara had to start from square one. He started us on the PCOS diet and supplements, as well as thyroid medication, with the goal of doing IVF. While monitoring ovulation to determine next steps, we conceived naturally within 2 months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jo. )
Describe your experience with Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Reston is a bit of a hike, but the team there makes it well worth it. The office is comfortable, and appointments were always on time. We were prepared to do IVF, but Dr Sharara helped us conceive naturally.

2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Sharara was warm and approachable and at the same time a man on a mission. He was busy, but you knew that he was busy trying to make his patients happy. The entire team felt like a big family. I trusted him and have no regrets to this day...Because he is a man on a mission, he moves swiftly. As a patient (and frequently an infertile one), you are stressed and emotional and wanting to go slowly through the steps. It helps to just ask him to slow down and talk you through it...
The nurses [at VA Ctr for Repro Med (VCRM] were a bit slow to warm up but great once you get to know them. To this day, I still communicate with a nurse who shares my birthday and it is awesome!...Because it is a private practice, they are a bit moody or susceptible to the whims of emotion...There are also many high profile patients who visit the practice in fleets of fancy cars and armored vehicles. Be prepared...
2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
This is a private practice, so every patient is treated like a princess. All the way from walking through the front door to seeing the doctor to seeing the anesthesiologist to doing most of the procedures in house
While we had done natural cycle IVF, this was our one regular IVF with all of the drugs and procedures that you would expect. Dr. Sharara had exhausted every other option through thorough testing. It was as low stress as you'd hope and successful. While the patient always deserves credit for a positive attitude, he was an exceptional doctor
The nurses were a bit slow to warm up but great once you get to know them. To this day, I still communicate with a nurse who shares my birthday and it is awesome !
Describe your experience with Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Because it is a private practice, they are a bit moody or susceptible to the whims of emotion. There are also many high profile patients who visit the practice in fleets of fancy cars and armored vehicles. Be prepared
Not cheap!
Endometriosis, Other
He [Dr. Fady Sharara] is very meticulous, checks for everything. He is always doing all the ultrasounds and procedures. He re-evaluates treatment if something does not work out. He has good bed side manner. I had a really good experience with him.... VCRM is special in many ways, your treatment is personalized, Dr. Sharara is very meticulous, he checks everything. He founds some issues that previous doctors do not even consider looking at them. In addition, all VCRM personnel truly cared about me. All the nurses are great, specially Jo. She is amazing! The best nurse I've ever met. Jo even kept in contact with me during my pregnancy to see how I was doing.
European, Latino
Endometriosis, Other
He is very meticulous, checks for everything. He is always doing all the ultrasounds and procedures. He re-evaluates treatment if something does not work out. He has good bed side manner. I had a really good experience with him.
He is the best in the dc area. Don't wait to see him!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jo Medina)
Jo is amazing! Je truly cared about me while I being treated at VCRM and during my pregnancy. She checked many times how I was doing. Jo was also great explaining the protogols and in answering questions

2009 - 2010
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Sharara is a perfect blend of intellect and honesty and compassionate medical care...Be honest about your diet and lifestyle as he creates a custom approach to your specific needs and issues but he can only do this if you disclose everything fully.
The process is grueling but Dr Sharara and Nurse Joanne Medina [at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine] could not have made it anymore comfortable. Excellent communication, excellent beside manner, they made me feel like I was their one and only priority. I am forever grateful for [their] professionalism and caring demeanor.
2009 - 2010
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Sharara is exceptional in his field, this is evident by the custom approach and program he has given me and each of the 9 people I have referred over the last 6 years to him, all of which have had successful IVF pregnancies. Dr Sharara is a perfect blend of intellect and honesty and compassionate medical care.
The process is grueling but Dr Sharara and Nurse Joanne Medina could not have made it anymore comfortable. Excellent communication, excellent beside manner, they made me feel like I was their one and only priority. I am forever grateful for thier professionalism and caring demeanor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joanne Medina)
Jo Medina is a wise and insightful RN. She treated me and my specific anxieties with the IVF process as if I were her daughter. I'm forever grateful for her caring approach.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Sharara gets results. He is the best out there. He is not the best at explaining results or details of every visit. He may not have the warmest bedside manner, but at the end of the day he gets results and to me that is the most important thing....He encourages good nutrition, supplements to boost egg quality and then a personalized protocol...Self pay $16,000 Medicine $6000 Tests $3000
Dr Sharara [at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine] gets results. He is the best out there. He is not the best at explaining results or details of every visit. He may not have the warmest bedside manner, but at the end of the day he gets results and to me that is the most important thing....He encourages good nutrition, supplements to boost egg quality and then a personalized protocol...Self pay $16,000 Medicine $6000 Tests $3000
Go to Dr. Sharara. You will have the best shot at a baby.
Self pay $16,000 Medicine $6000 Tests $3000
IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Sharara biggest strengths is remaining positive, always smiling and giving big friendly hugs and full of courageousness. Very knowledgeable by informing my husband and I, our priorities on bettering our health, and his Diet App is very useful and informative...He has such a pure soul helping every patient with all his heart, and time...has good understanding of every small, big concerns, and any questions of the patient's...We had one IVF with no luck, and the doctor did not give up hope at all. However, we had tried a second round and it was a success.
Nurse Jo [at VCRM], is amazing and always kept in contact w/ me, anytime of the day or night to assist me, support, and reminds me every time of any appts, medicine timing, and etc. We had one IVF with no luck, and the doctor did not give up hope at all. However, we had tried a second round and it was a success...The doctor, nurses, and the clinic are happily, willing to work with you if you are willing to participate with all your heart and faith. They won't ever make you feel like you have done something incorrect. They are all the best to rely on. My family and I, are honored from his teamwork.
IUI, 1 IVF
I would highly advise any patient on having faith on Dr. Sharara and his team. Pay attention, and follow his steps thoroughly. As well, he is known to be a 9.9/10 star, best Doctor in VA.
I'm very appreciative to have Dr. Fady Sharara. He has such a pure soul helping every patient with all his heart, and time. I am highly speechless on how to explain my amazing experiences with his motivation and his team members. My husband and I are really grateful, and blessed on choosing Dr. Sharara, and VCRM for my PCOS. The doctor is very knowledgeable and has good understanding of every small, big concerns, and any questions of the patient's. All the staff are incredible, and sweetheart's. Especially my nurse Jo. Nurse Jo, is amazing and always kept in contact w/ me, anytime of the day or night to assist me, support, and reminds me every time of any appts, medicine timing, and etc. We had one IVF with no luck, and the doctor did not give up hope at all. However, we had tried a second round and it was a success. I definitely recommend Dr. Sharara and VCRM for ANY fertility needs!!
Jo, my primary nurse is an excellent communicator, and very care-taking. She always has reminded me to stay positive, arrive on my appt's on time, take ALL of my medications on time, and many many more. She has a beautiful soul, always wishes for the best outcomes. She has taken care of my husband and I, all minor/major questions, concerns, and has been very informative instantly.
Describe your experience with Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I would highly advise any patient to remain comfortable when asking any question in mind. It is also very important to follow thoroughly with ALL Dr. Sharara and his team advises, and suggestions. Also, never give up hope or think negative. The doctor, nurses, and the clinic are happily, willing to work with you if you are willing to participate with all your heart and faith. They won't ever make you feel like you have done something incorrect. They are all the best to rely on. My family and I, are honored from his teamwork.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
We felt very confident with Dr. Sharara. He explained everything very clearly to us and we trusted him every step of the way. He was so caring and professional. I was nervous about doing fertility treatments, but as soon as we met Dr. Sharara we knew we were in good hands...We were also worried about finding a doctor who was LGBT-friendly. Dr. Sharara and his staff were so wonderful!!...he walked us through every choice we made.
worried about finding a doctor who was LGBT-friendly. Dr. Sharara and his staff were so wonderful!! We are so glad we found VCRM...I’ve never been to a doctor’s office were I spent so little time in the waiting room. Dr. Sharara and his staff were so respectful of our time. Everyone was so welcoming every time we came in and they were all so helpful and supportive. Through all the ups and downs, Dr. Sharara and his staff were compassionate and caring. When I was far enough along to move on to seeing an obstetrician, we were sad to say good-bye to everyone at VCRM. Both my wife and I would highly recommend Dr. Sharara!
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
When we started our fertility journey, we had so many questions and were nervous that we wouldn’t be able to get pregnant. We were also worried about finding a doctor who was LGBT-friendly. Dr. Sharara and his staff were so wonderful!! We are so glad we found VCRM. We had so much confidence in Dr. Sharara and he walked us through every choice we made. Also, I’ve never been to a doctor’s office were I spent so little time in the waiting room. Dr. Sharara and his staff were so respectful of our time. Everyone was so welcoming every time we came in and they were all so helpful and supportive. Through all the ups and downs, Dr. Sharara and his staff were compassionate and caring. When I was far enough along to move on to seeing an obstetrician, we were sad to say good-bye to everyone at VCRM. Both my wife and I would highly recommend Dr. Sharara!
We loved the staff at VCRM! They were so compassionate and supportive! They were always available and we really felt like they were invested in our lives and our care.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Sharara is brilliant. He applies years of his research and teaching into his practice. My husband and I always felt as if we had options and the decisions we made were always encouraged by Dr. Sharara and his team...the experience was incredibly educational and professional. I learned more about my health, my body and my strength than I ever thought possible. I actually became healthier through the process. In addition to all these high points, Dr. Sharara and his ENTIRE team are extremely thorough, punctual and respectful.
[The team at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine] truly cared for me every step of the way. The process can be exhausting, both mentally and physically, and I literally had a family at VCRM that held my hand through each milestone. They became my support system...the experience was incredibly educational and professional. I learned more about my health, my body and my strength than I ever thought possible. I actually became healthier through the process. In addition to all these high points, Dr. Sharara and his ENTIRE team are extremely thorough, punctual and respectful. I'm indebted to everyone at VCRM for everything they've done to help me and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!
Dr. Sharara and his practice, Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine, was referred to me by my OBGyn after years of not being able to get pregnant. I am infinitely grateful because he, along with his wonderful staff, is absolutely amazing! First, Dr. Sharara is brilliant. He applies years of his research and teaching into his practice. My husband and I always felt as if we had options and the decisions we made were always encouraged by Dr. Sharara and his team. Second, his team truly cared for me every step of the way. The process can be exhausting, both mentally and physically, and I literally had a family at VCRM that held my hand through each milestone. They became my support system. Finally, the experience was incredibly educational and professional. I learned more about my health, my body and my strength than I ever thought possible. I actually became healthier through the process. In addition to all these high points, Dr. Sharara and his ENTIRE team are extremely thorough, punctual and respectful. I'm indebted to everyone at VCRM for everything they've done to help me and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jo and Jessica)
+ Read more- Read less
Staff [at VA Center for Reproductive Med] is extremely caring and efficient. 0 wait time. Most of the appointments will be done within 15mins. JO is an absolute sweetheart.. remembers details of each patient and cares like a mom. Thank You Dr. Sharara! I would definitely recommend VCRM to ladies struggling to conceive.... We came to Dr Sharara after few years of TTC naturally and visiting few other RE in the area. I am so glad I switched to VCRM and Dr Sharara came as a blessing to our lives! He is so punctual, organized, passionate and expert at his work. He is truly committed to each of his patients, very professional, he will never make you feel rushed. He perfectly diagnosed what the problem was and provided us with all possible options. He patiently and honestly answered all our questions.He guided us step by step through every process, carefully explaining the treatment plan.
We came to Dr Sharara after few years of TTC naturally and visiting few other RE in the area. I am so glad I switched to VCRM and Dr Sharara came as a blessing to our lives! He is so punctual, organized, passionate and expert at his work. He is truly committed to each of his patients, very professional, he will never make you feel rushed. He perfectly diagnosed what the problem was and provided us with all possible options. He patiently and honestly answered all our questions.He guided us step by step through every process, carefully explaining the treatment plan. Following his suggestions with diet and lifestyle modifications, I got pregnant with my first IVF cycle! Staff is extremely caring and efficient. 0 wait time. Most of the appointments will be done within 15mins. JO is an absolute sweetheart.. remembers details of each patient and cares like a mom. Thank You Dr. Sharara! I would definitely recommend VCRM to ladies struggling to conceive.
He is the best!
IUI, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Other
I am going through the diagnostic testing currently. Dr Sharara does day 3 sonogram and labs, HSG, sonohystogram, hysteroscopy. He is very thorough and discovered a uterine polyp...always meets with you himself and answers all questions. He lets you know the best course of action in a firm but kind manner...His demeanor is kind and he is always professional...is highly intelligent and knows what he is doing. He tells you things as they are and he’s compassionate and non judgmental.
costs [at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine] are very reasonable for the area. I believe 1350 for an iui cycle with clomid, 2200 for an iui cycle with injectables...staff is also excellent...So far I have not come across any weaknesses in the practice...They [nurses] are very kind and welcoming. Happy to answer any questions I have...I am going through the diagnostic testing currently. Dr Sharara does day 3 sonogram and labs, HSG, sonohystogram, hysteroscopy. He is very thorough and discovered a uterine polyp that Shady Grove completely missed.
IUI, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Other
Dr Sharara is highly intelligent and knows what he is doing. He tells you things as they are and he’s compassionate and non judgmental. During my tests, I was happy that I was able to speak to him through the whole process. At other clinics, I’ve had to talk to a tech or a nurse instead of the doctor. Dr. Sharara has met with me at each appointment and genuinely seems to care about my success. His demeanor is kind and he is always professional
Go see him, the sooner you start the better
Dr, Sharara always meets with you himself and answers all questions. He lets you know the best course of action in a firm but kind manner
They are very kind and welcoming. Happy to answer any questions I have
Describe your experience with Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Fady Sharara has a good operation set up. He is smart and knows what he is doing. His staff is also excellent. He is very thorough and is committed to helping you reach your goals. I would recommend any of my friends and families to go to him if they were struggling with fertility. His demeanor is friendly but firm. So far I have not come across any weaknesses in the practice
His costs are very reasonable for the area. I believe 1350 for an iui cycle with clomid, 2200 for an iui cycle with injectables
No experience with that

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Fady Sharara] is no nonsense with everything, we never felt pressured to proceed on anything until we were comfortable and he is always professional...We have had 2 successful pregnancies with Dr Sharara...we never felt pressured to proceed on anything until we were comfortable and he is always professional...For the first transfer we went with 2 eggs, 1 implanted and we have a beautiful son. The second transfer we went with only 1 egg on the advice of Sharara we were concerned with my own health and our own desire to have only one more chil
Because Dr Sharara [at Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine] is no nonsense you must show up to appointments on time with all of your information, questions, etc. ready to go. There was minimal wait time so as soon as you walked in the door it was go time. Perfect for me but others might feel like they are being rushed which is not really the case...His costs were a little higher than the large group we ha seen previously but were in-line with what we found to be local rates in our area.
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
We have had 2 successful pregnancies with Dr Sharara, he and his staff are fabulous! He is no nonsense with everything, we never felt pressured to proceed on anything until we were comfortable and he is always professional. We highly recommend him to everyone we know going through fertility struggles. We went with one of the other large groups first and it was a disaster, our experience was horrible and was ready to give up...until we met Dr Sharara!
Do everything he says and follow all of recommendations for the best success.
Describe your experience with Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Because Dr Sharara is no nonsense you must show up to appointments on time with all of your information, questions, etc. ready to go. There was minimal wait time so as soon as you walked in the door it was go time. Perfect for me but others might feel like they are being rushed which is not really the case.
For the first transfer we went with 2 eggs, 1 implanted and we have a beautiful son. The second transfer we went with only 1 egg on the advice of Sharara we were concerned with my own health and our own desire to have only one more child.