Farah Chuong

Fertility & IVF Center of Miami

Doctor available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolUniversity of South Florida
Miramar, Fl 33027
Miami Beach
4308 Alton Rd
Miami Beach, Fl 33140
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Farah Chuong to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility & IVF Center of Miami to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
She [Dr. Farah Chuong] performs many of the tests herself which I loved. This includes the initial exam, the hysteroscopy, some of the US appointments and IUI procedures. This is uncommon from my previous experiences so I very much appreciate an involved physician. Also, I ask a ton of questions as I like to be very involved in my treatment plan. She is patient with me and answers EVERY single question. She makes sure I leave her office confident in the current plan and yet knowledgeable in the expectation part of it.
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
This is my first cycle with Dr. Chuong so we don’t know if this cycle has worked yet. However, I can say that she has been great so far. She performs many of the tests herself which I loved. This includes the initial exam, the hysteroscopy, some of the US appointments and IUI procedures. This is uncommon from my previous experiences so I very much appreciate an involved physician. Also, I ask a ton of questions as I like to be very involved in my treatment plan. She is patient with me and answers EVERY single question. She makes sure I leave her office confident in the current plan and yet knowledgeable in the expectation part of it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Ask all of your questions. She has a great bedside manner, is easy to talk to, and will give you honest answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
During my first visit with Dr. Chuong I felt very well educated with where we were currently and where we were headed in our treatment plan. During the first few US appointments I did not get to see the Doctor at all and I felt very disappointed in my progress and not educated on the expectations of the current treatment plan. I expressed this during my second visit and now she has been present at every subsequent visit.
Describe the protocols Farah Chuong used in your cycles at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami and their degree of success.
I was referred to this clinic because my previous RE did not practice IVF. I was told that we were at a point that we would benefit from visiting another clinic who did offer IVF as all the other options we tried had not produced a positive result yet. We made an appointment to visit with her and start discussions while we were in the TWW. That cycle was all over the place for me and I ended up starting my period almost a week early. When we showed up at Dr. Chuong’s office we were told that there were numerous cysts left over from the gonadotropin cycle and that we were not good candidates to start IVF. I explained that I did not want to lose a cycle and so she recommended that we wait a few days for my progesterone levels to drop and start a less invasive approach of 7.5 mg of Letrozole. I responded very slowly but finally produced 2 mature follicles (20 mm Amd 18 mm). We triggered on day 16 and IUI was on day 18. Not sure of the outcome for this cycle yet.
The nusing staff seems to be knowledgeable at each appointment. They share US results such as endometrial lining and follicle size. They let you see your results and explain what they are measuring, etc. Blood draws are pretty painless so that’s a plus as well :)
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
They have coordinators that handle each individual aspect. For example one woman (Maria) handles the insurance side. She advocates for you based on what is covered and what isn’t. She automatically sends authorizations when required. She communicates every step with you and is easy to reach.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
We have insurance coverage for some procedures such as US and bloodwork. Cost of IUI is $500 I believe.
Farah Chuong
Fertility & IVF Center of Miami
Miami

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.