RMA of Texas

Doctor, Nurse available by emailAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolTech & Higher Stud (Mex)
ResidencyU. of Texas
FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
19296 Stone Oak Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78258
210.337.845
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Francisco Arredondo to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 67%Neutral: 33%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Texas to a friend?
Dr. Arredondo runs the RMA clinic and is very knowledgeable on infertility. However, his bedside manner is often lacking. He is very stoic and somewhat removed from the emotional side of infertility. My husband and I saw Dr. Arredondo off and on for 2 years and I don't think he knew our names.... My perception is that Dr. Arredondo is more concerned about obtaining new clients and trying cutting edge technology vs. focusing on quality care of current and recurring clients.
How was your experience with Francisco Arredondo at RMA of Texas?
Dr. Arredondo runs the RMA clinic and is very knowledgeable on infertility. However, his bedside manner is often lacking. He is very stoic and somewhat removed from the emotional side of infertility. My husband and I saw Dr. Arredondo off and on for 2 years and I don't think he knew our names. He may have known our faces and case, but not our names. At least he never addressed us by our names. My perception is that Dr. Arredondo is more concerned about obtaining new clients and trying cutting edge technology vs. focusing on quality care of current and recurring clients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Arredondo at RMA of Texas?
If you want a lot of interaction with your doctor, a positive bedside manner and to make a personal connection with your doctor, I would not recommend Dr. Arredondo. If you want one of the brightest and creative minds in dealing with infertility and don't mind the issues listed above, Dr. Arredondo is a great choice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Arredondo at RMA of Texas?
Dr. Arredondo is very intelligent and runs the RMA clinic. My husband and I saw him for over 2 years, and I don't believe he knows our names. Our faces maybe, but not names. He has a very neutral, removed bedside manner. I always felt like I had to spit out a question, before he high-tailed it out of the room. With that said, the man is smart and knows what he's doing. However, right now I feel like he is more focused on increasing the number of clients vs. quality and successful care of his current clients.
Describe the protocols Francisco Arredondo used in your cycles at RMA of Texas and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. The first round of egg retrieval was very drug heavy with large dosages to see how my body reacted. This resulted in 2 embryos. We did the genetic testing and only one was viable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Erica Salgado)
Our nurse was Erica Salgado and overall, she was okay at her job. Erica was great at answering questions in person and demonstrating how to use medications and do injections. She also generally had a good, empathetic nature about her. However, she was not very organized. On numerous occasions, I had to reach out to her to ask questions or move to the next step. She often times didn't respond directly, rather another nurse or doctor would follow-up. I felt like I managed my case and Erica was just a coordinator.
Describe your experience with RMA of Texas.
I think RMA at Stone Oak is the best place to go for treatment in San Antonio. It has it's pros and cons, but overall the staff is very knowledgeable, friendly and doctors know what they are doing there. Staff is willing to work with you on scheduling as appropriate. The facilities are generally nice and clean. The hours of operation are generally about 7 to 4 or 4:30, so if early morning appointments work for you, this clinic is a good fit. They don't work late in the evenings. RMA also has a Facebook page, which is generally helpful in getting information out about the clinic, staff and events.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Texas.
Monitoring appointments were pretty quick, easy and painless. They work with you and your schedule to get you in and out as needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Arredondo at RMA of Texas.
I went through 4 rounds of IVF at RMA. The first round was the most expensive and likely cost around $25,000 all in. Each procedure after that was significantly discounted.
Describe Francisco Arredondo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Texas.
Dr. Arredondo's vision of success is ONE healthy child at a time. He is not a proponent of multiple embryo transfers and will show clients the health impact on a mother and fetus for twins and triplets. Under certain circumstances, I'm sure he would allow transferring 2 embryos. However, I doubt he would ever allow more than that.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Texas?
3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Arredondo] was compassionate toward us from the get go, and was able to explain technical medical procedures to us in a way that was very clear. There was never a moment we doubted or distrusted him...helped us to see our infertility in a broad spectrum and as needing a long term plan. He reviewed our labs with us thoroughly and patiently. My husband and I are both major question-askers, liking to know every detail, so this was very important to us.
3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Francisco Arredondo at RMA of Texas?
Dr.Arredondo helped us to see our infertility in a broad spectrum and as needing a long term plan. He reviewed our labs with us thoroughly and patiently. My husband and I are both major question-askers, liking to know every detail, so this was very important to us. He was compassionate toward us from the get go, and was able to explain technical medical procedures to us in a way that was very clear. There was never a moment we doubted or distrusted him.
Never leave without being clear and comfortable with everything discussed. He is ready to answer anything you are wondering or confused about.
The first conversation I had with Dr.Arredondo was after a year of discouraging failed treatment with a previous doctor. His passion for patient care was evident from the start, and every appointment with him and his staff would confirm that over our course of the treatment. My husband and I felt known, and our journey felt cared for so thoroughly.
Freeze all IVF cycle with ICSI. Embryo PGS and FET 3 months later. Menopur, follistim, ganirellix, lupron all used for egg retrieval. Switched to lupron trigger rather than hcg because of OHSS risk. 29 eggs retrieved, which resulted in 11 embryos for PGS. 9 healthy embryos frozen after PGS. We did genetic testing (PGS) but declined to know the embryo genders. Mild OHSS did occur, and was treated with 10 days lupron and lengthier dose of BC after the retrieval. Estrodial and progesterone (oil injection) used for successful FET of 1 embryo. Continued daily progesterone through week 13, but switched from injection to suppository at week 8.
I still email her from time to time, and it's been over a year since I "graduated" from RMA. She answered my (many) emails quickly and thoroughly. She was so so so kind, and made my husband and I feel truly cared for and cheered for. We are forever thankful for Erica!
Describe your experience with RMA of Texas.
RMA is so organized, and does a great job at patient care. We were not expecting this because of our sub-par experience with a previous doctor. The team of doctors and nurses are wonderful and brilliant people.
We paid $19,000 through Winn Fertility for our IVF package. This included IVF cycle, genetic testing, my medicine, one FET, embryo freezing fee for a year, and all appointments within the cycle. Other appointments were billed to our insurance.
We chose to do PGS so that eSET had higher chance of success.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Clear communicator, intelligent, empathetic, knowledgeable and genuine...I knew that I could reach out to him [Dr Francisco Arredondo] if I needed anything or felt I had substandard care. Luckily, that never happened. He spoke to my husband and I in a very direct and professional manner, addressing concerns about our infertility. Hemade a plan, stuck to it and the result was pregnancy.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Francisco Arredondo at RMA of Texas?
Clear communicator, intelligent, empathetic, knowledgeable and genuine. He was a man first, and wanted to know about every aspect of my worklife, social life and health. I knew that I could reach out to him if I needed anything or felt I had substandard care. Luckily, that never happened. He spoke to my husband and I in a very direct and professional manner, addressing concerns about our infertility. Hemade a plan, stuck to it and the result was pregnancy.
Trust the process!!!! It may be long, but if you trust in it, the results speak for themselves.
They knew my name, held my hand, made it personal at every interaction. From the nurses and doctors to all the office staff, I was more than just another case.
Stimulation was lupron, menopur ganirelix and lupron trigger. 30 eggs retrieved, 20 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 for biopsy. Fet was long lupron cycle, estrace and endometrin. Transferred 1 and positive bloodtest 2 weeks later
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Texas. (Assigned nurse: erica)
Beyond compare!!!The epitome of exceptional care and dedication. They were thorough, empathetic and informative every step of the way
Describe your experience with RMA of Texas.
My recommendation is for there to be a paitient portal to view cycle plans, ask questions, see lab results or communicate with anyone on the staff
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Texas.
Convenient and very organized. Always have time slots available for me to fit into my morning
I have had a rocky road with the billing and insurance process, not at the fault of the clinic, but with the insurance paying claims timely. Up front costs were reasonable and paid automatically from my hsa. Claims had to be reevaluated with the insurance to hit the correct fertility coverage, and the clinic constantly worked with me.
San Antonio - Stone Oak
[Dr. Francisco Arredondo is] extremely friendly, great sense of humor that put us at ease right away. Transmits confidence and very personable. He provide us with his personal e-mail and personal cell phone number! which doctor does that?...Get your questions in a paper before you meet with him. He will answer all without rush
How was your experience with Francisco Arredondo at RMA of Texas?
Extremely friendly, great sense of humor that put us at ease right away. Transmits confidence and very personable. He provide us with his personal e-mail and personal cell phone number! which doctor does that?
The RMA of Texas team is VERY different. You feel at home and they are very accessible. is like a SPA with great results
He explained things with a lot of clarity. He compared the embryo to a seed and the uterus to the soil. Mentioned that doing the chromosome testing will allow us to select the best seed and that transferring the embryo in a controlled frozen cycle will allow us to prepare the best soil
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Erica, Stephanie)
Caring! personable. Accessible.
Describe your experience with RMA of Texas.
They run on time, pleasant ambiance and everybody seems happy
my insurance covered most of it and what it was not covered was explained with a financial calculator and given to me in printing