Francisco Arredondo (retired)

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

1 patient review filtered by:

He [Dr. Arredondo] took the time to contact you back by email or phone when I had questions, and would explain what he saw or was looking at during the check up appointments once on medications. However, many things he did push off to the nurses to explain more. ... He suggested we do IVF again, or use donor eggs but couldn't pinpoint why my transfer failed. Side note, I have one son who I conceived naturally, had healthy pregnancy, and delivery, so hearing this did not sit well with us. This is when we felt we wanted to switch doctors.
Strengths: clean, friendly staff [RMA of Texas], nurses, and personable, knowledgeable, good and updated equipment Weaknesses: Bad location, rush patients in and out sometimes, didn't like the retrieval and transfer area (too open for all patients to see each other) and didn't have success here with not a lot of feedback after our cycle failed. ... When we switched clinics after our failed cycle, it took them a while (over a week) to fax my paperwork to the new clinic.
How was your experience with Francisco Arredondo (retired) at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Strengths were he spent a lot of time in our first consultation with us. He was a good communicator for the most part, but we did feel at times we had to pull things out, like he didn't want to tell us everything. Knowing now that IVF isn't a guarantee for pregnancy, we just wanted more reassurance that I was doing everything as right as I could do leading up to, during and after the whole process. Weaknesses were the follow up post failed transfer, which we had to do over the phone, because we didn't get the answers we were looking for. He suggested we do IVF again, or use donor eggs but couldn't pinpoint why my transfer failed. Side note, I have one son who I conceived naturally, had healthy pregnancy, and delivery, so hearing this did not sit well with us. This is when we felt we wanted to switch doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Arredondo (retired) at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and be pushy about them if need to, because these clinics assume you know it all and don't offer extra help if you need it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Arredondo (retired) at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
He took the time to contact you back by email or phone when I had questions, and would explain what he saw or was looking at during the check up appointments once on medications. However, many things he did push off to the nurses to explain more. We live 3 hours away from the clinic (closest one to us) and at the time it was difficult to take an afternoon or day off of work to go to appointments and only be there 20 minutes. There were several times my husband and I thought this is it? We felt rushed in and out and then like we had too many questions on our list to ask. But this was our first time to go through IVF and as much money as we had to pay out of pocket, we wanted to spend time talking with the doctor, the expert in his field, not just the nurse.
Describe the protocols Francisco Arredondo (retired) used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
I was on agonist cycle and a slow dose, lowest dosage being my first one I guess.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Erica Salgado)
Pretty good job of explaining things by email or phone. Overall, she was good, but would have liked the doctor to explain more and her less.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Strengths: clean, friendly staff, nurses, and personable, knowledgeable, good and updated equipment Weaknesses: Bad location, rush patients in and out sometimes, didn't like the retrieval and transfer area (too open for all patients to see each other) and didn't have success here with not a lot of feedback after our cycle failed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Arredondo (retired) at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Total paid for the IVF cycle : $15,553 (this did not include my first appointment ($325 for ultrasound, etc)
Describe Francisco Arredondo (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
He had preference for SET and said I would be lucky to get more.
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Francisco Arredondo (retired)
Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)
San Antonio - Stone Oak