Good

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Arredondo runs the RMA clinic and is very knowledgeable on infertility. However, his bedside manner is often lacking. He is very stoic and somewhat removed from the emotional side of infertility. My husband and I saw Dr. Arredondo off and on for 2 years and I don't think he knew our names.... My perception is that Dr. Arredondo is more concerned about obtaining new clients and trying cutting edge technology vs. focusing on quality care of current and recurring clients.
How was your experience with Francisco Arredondo (retired) at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Dr. Arredondo runs the RMA clinic and is very knowledgeable on infertility. However, his bedside manner is often lacking. He is very stoic and somewhat removed from the emotional side of infertility. My husband and I saw Dr. Arredondo off and on for 2 years and I don't think he knew our names. He may have known our faces and case, but not our names. At least he never addressed us by our names. My perception is that Dr. Arredondo is more concerned about obtaining new clients and trying cutting edge technology vs. focusing on quality care of current and recurring clients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Arredondo (retired) at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
If you want a lot of interaction with your doctor, a positive bedside manner and to make a personal connection with your doctor, I would not recommend Dr. Arredondo. If you want one of the brightest and creative minds in dealing with infertility and don't mind the issues listed above, Dr. Arredondo is a great choice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Arredondo (retired) at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Dr. Arredondo is very intelligent and runs the RMA clinic. My husband and I saw him for over 2 years, and I don't believe he knows our names. Our faces maybe, but not names. He has a very neutral, removed bedside manner. I always felt like I had to spit out a question, before he high-tailed it out of the room. With that said, the man is smart and knows what he's doing. However, right now I feel like he is more focused on increasing the number of clients vs. quality and successful care of his current clients.
Describe the protocols Francisco Arredondo (retired) used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. The first round of egg retrieval was very drug heavy with large dosages to see how my body reacted. This resulted in 2 embryos. We did the genetic testing and only one was viable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Erica Salgado)
Our nurse was Erica Salgado and overall, she was okay at her job. Erica was great at answering questions in person and demonstrating how to use medications and do injections. She also generally had a good, empathetic nature about her. However, she was not very organized. On numerous occasions, I had to reach out to her to ask questions or move to the next step. She often times didn't respond directly, rather another nurse or doctor would follow-up. I felt like I managed my case and Erica was just a coordinator.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
I think RMA at Stone Oak is the best place to go for treatment in San Antonio. It has it's pros and cons, but overall the staff is very knowledgeable, friendly and doctors know what they are doing there. Staff is willing to work with you on scheduling as appropriate. The facilities are generally nice and clean. The hours of operation are generally about 7 to 4 or 4:30, so if early morning appointments work for you, this clinic is a good fit. They don't work late in the evenings. RMA also has a Facebook page, which is generally helpful in getting information out about the clinic, staff and events.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Monitoring appointments were pretty quick, easy and painless. They work with you and your schedule to get you in and out as needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Arredondo (retired) at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
I went through 4 rounds of IVF at RMA. The first round was the most expensive and likely cost around $25,000 all in. Each procedure after that was significantly discounted.
Describe Francisco Arredondo (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Dr. Arredondo's vision of success is ONE healthy child at a time. He is not a proponent of multiple embryo transfers and will show clients the health impact on a mother and fetus for twins and triplets. Under certain circumstances, I'm sure he would allow transferring 2 embryos. However, I doubt he would ever allow more than that.
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
At our first embryo transfer, we elected NOT to know the gender. The doctor performing the procedure indicated that "this little guy" looked good, which led us to believe the embryo was a male. We found out over a year later that the embryo was female. It was weird because the embryo didn't take and we mourned the loss of a boy... only to find out down the road it was female. This was a weird sensation that I am still wrapping my head around. And it could have been prevented.
Francisco Arredondo (retired)
Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)
San Antonio - Stone Oak

My husband and I both felt very comfortable with Dr Arredondo from the initial consultation throughout our years of treatment. His passion and knowledge was very evident!! We loved how easy it was to just sit and ask questions... Because his main office is in San Antonio, we did not see him at every appointment but we had equally great interactions with other doctors in his practice!
The staff at RMA felt like a true team! There were many moving parts to our particular situation with using adopted embryos and we felt well informed and guided through many unknowns!!... I like the location of the office and that the appointments have always been on time. The RMA team is professional and personal! To a new patient, I would say to have a consultation with more than one doctor and find who you feel connected to because that dynamic is very personal.
My husband and I both felt very comfortable with Dr Arredondo from the initial consultation throughout our years of treatment. His passion and knowledge was very evident!! We loved how easy it was to just sit and ask questions...and felt like his questions to us were not just clinical but really covered emotional, financial, relational topics as well! Because his main office is in San Antonio, we did not see him at every appointment but we had equally great interactions with other doctors in his practice!
If it is important to you to see the same doctor at every appointment, you may want to travel to San Antonio to see Dr. Arredondo or choose another doctor at RMA who is always in Austin! We also fell in love with Dr. Skillern, who did our embryo transfer and who will do our next transfer as well!
With our embryo transfer, we wanted to try a natural cycle because I had taken many medications in previous fertility attempts. He and his staff were supportive in our wishes but also advised and encouraged when to deviate from our original plan, such as the need for progesterone after the transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Inthira-coordinator)
I never had a negative experience with any care at RMA! When facing challenges getting our embryos transported from Houston to Austin, as well as getting my thyroid medication dosage just right, our transfer was delayed many times. It was frustrating and emotional, but I never felt like I was tackling it on my own! My coordinator, Inthira, was so positive and was in constant communication! She felt like a true friend, helping me figure it all out!
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
I love RMA and am so thankful for how they walked through disappointments and heartbreak as well as dreams coming true for our family! I like the location of the office and that the appointments have always been on time. The RMA team is professional and personal! To a new patient, I would say to have a consultation with more than one doctor and find who you feel connected to because that dynamic is very personal.
IVF $15,000 Embryo Transfer/meds $6,000
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
My husband had to have labs re-drawn...not sure if they didn’t take enough blood or it was misplaced.
Francisco Arredondo (retired)
Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)
Austin