Medical SchoolU. of S Carlos Guatemala
ResidencyU. of Arkansas
9101 Kanis Road
Little Rock, AR 72205
501-801-1200
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Francisco Batres to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arkansas Fertility Center to a friend?
I have enjoyed the experience so far with him. He [Dr. Batres] does speak very fast and is not the best at pronouncing words. Sometimes I have to ask him to slow down, repeat or ask clarifying questions. He does meet with you in his office after every visit to explain what results were and the next step. It is a very fast visit, but thorough.... I have unexplained fertility. Every test i have had as well as my husband has come back clear. I have had 2 HSGs, laparoscopy, now on our 2nd IUI. We do not know a cause of why it has taken 2 years so far. All we can do is trial and error.
Investor
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I have enjoyed the experience so far with him. He does speak very fast and is not the best at pronouncing words. Sometimes I have to ask him to slow down, repeat or ask clarifying questions. He does meet with you in his office after every visit to explain what results were and the next step. It is a very fast visit, but thorough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Make sure you ask as many questions as possible. Bring a notebook and write everything down. Do not be afraid to ask him to slow down or repeat again. He is very nice and very knowledgeable.
Describe the protocols Francisco Batres used in your cycles at Arkansas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have unexplained fertility. Every test i have had as well as my husband has come back clear. I have had 2 HSGs, laparoscopy, now on our 2nd IUI. We do not know a cause of why it has taken 2 years so far. All we can do is trial and error. We will do 3 IUIs then move to IVF. My first IUI we used letrozole and the trigger shot Ovidrel. Result was no pregnancy. Second IUI my body did not respond to the letrozole. Ended up doubling the dosage for the next week. My body responded. Had the procedure two weeks ago. Prescribed progesterone for the two weeks. Will take pregnancy test Friday if have not started my period by then.
The nursing staff really has not had much interaction with me. They walk in for the ultrasound or procedure, don't speak and then walk out when over. When taking my blood they don't speak to me either.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic is very sterile and not very warm/welcoming. The strengths are it keeps you up-to-date on all your matters through their patient portal. I have really liked this process of being able to find out on my own instead of having to call repeatedly. My appointments are usually pretty on time. They do not make you wait for too long. The weaknesses are just not very welcoming and warm. It just seems like we are numbers just getting pushed in and out. Wish there was more of a connection among the staff and patients since it is such a delicate matter.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center.
So far we have been billed for two IUIs. After insurance it has only costed me about $100 for both. The ovidrel shots are $170 which are expensive. The letrozole has cost me maybe $20. The costs have not been outrageous yet, but we have not gotten to IVF. Each co-pay is different every time I go. Usually ranges from $30-$70.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Batres has always put my husband and I at ease. He remembers us and takes time at each visit to speak to us in his office and answer questions. I can call him or his nurse any time and they always listen and get back with me promptly. I felt like he really cares about us and wants to help us have a family.... Dr Batres has called me after hours and has always allowed us the time that we need to process information and schedule our treatments around that. The schedules t the clinic is very flexible and he even let me do remote monitoring since I live 3 hours away from the clinic.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I never felt like a number at this clinic. Dr Batres has called me after hours and has always allowed us the time that we need to process information and schedule our treatments around that. The schedules t the clinic is very flexible and he even let me do remote monitoring since I live 3 hours away from the clinic.
Ask a lot of questions. He will answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Debby S)
The nurses were all really sweet. I called all the time with questions and was never made to feel bad. They took good care of me during all the procedures, including a surgery. They are organized and have taken cRe of billing issues for me. The only thing I wish was that they called you with beta results instead of posting on the portal. In one way it is good. It to hear bad news over the phone but it is such a personal process up until that point and then I sort of ended up feeling left alone with the sad news. However, they don’t all to you after at the follow up. The nurse reassured me that it was not my fault.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Sometimes you will wait in the room to be seen for close to an hour. They are very busy.! But they are also really flexible with your schedule and open practically every day of the year. I never felt like I was being pressured to begin a cycle to “batch” me in with other ladies b/c they don’t do this. Once or twice, dr Batres was not there and I saw Dr. M instead. It was not the same as having my own doc but I trusted that he knows what he is doing. I had to ask a lot more questions though since he does not have the same communication style as Dr B
We had insurance coverage so I am not sure of the cost without that.
Describe Francisco Batres's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arkansas Fertility Center.
Dr. Batres recommended that we transfer 2 embryos both times, due to my age. Neither cycle resulted in a pregnancy (so far) but he encouraged us to transfer 2. I believe that he would have listened and followed our wishes if we had only wanted to transfer one, though. On our second fresh transfer, he allowed us to decide if we should transfer on day 3 or try to wait until day 5.
Little Rock
He [Francisco Batres] was very upfront with potential success rates, I only felt slightly pushed straight to IVF, which we declined. I have declined cyst aspiration but when I asked questions about risk vs benefit of aspiration, i never got a clear answer. He carefully monitors me and i feel confident he will eventually get me pregnant....I have DOR diagnosis. He told me success rates are better with IVF but i wasn't ready to get into that.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He was very upfront with potential success rates, I only felt slightly pushed straight to IVF, which we declined. I have declined cyst aspiration but when I asked questions about risk vs benefit of aspiration, i never got a clear answer. He carefully monitors me and i feel confident he will eventually get me pregnant.
Go somewhere else. But, since they’re the only IVF clinic in the state, you basically have no choice. So, if you do go; Ask questions. If you don't understand, keep asking. Advocate for yourself. Don’t be afraid to get confrontational if needed.
In the beginning, it felt indivualized, like our case mattered. After 3 failed IUIs, we decided to stop wasting money on IUI and start saving for IVF. That’s when the care stopped. I requested some forms to be filled out for grant applications, and the nurse didn’t do it. I was in the process of changing gynecologist and had requested my records sent to the new doctor, so the nurse refused to fill out the form. I actually won a grant a few months later and needed a medical letter from Dr Batres stating my diagnosis and need for IVF. Again, no one did anything. Messages through the portal were ignored, phone calls not returned. Three days before the deadline, I called and asked for the office manager to leave a complaint on staff. And FINALLY got my medical letter. When IVF is 15-20K, and a patient wins a grant, WHY do the nurses not want to help finialze the financial help! We realized then, that AR Fertility only wants your money and if you get pregnant, then it’s like a bonus to them.
I have DOR diagnosis. He told me success rates are better with IVF but i wasn't ready to get into that. We started IUI with 100mg clomid and ovidrel trigger. We are about to start cycle 3 doing the same since I respond well to the clomid for a DOR patient.
Awful. Uncaring. Incompetent. Unfriendly.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Strength: knowledgeable physicians, centrally located in the state, variety of fertility treatments available Weakness: reception staff and nurses are not friendly, communication, no completion so no need to be patient centered or caring,
Cost for IUI cycle $1200 includes all appointments, monitoring, and procedure After 1 IUI cycle, we opted to pay for appointments as we went. I had only needed 1 monitoring appointment before trigger. The billing lady told us paying as we went would cost us more, but it didn’t. Total was $200 less for us. Not everyone would save, maybe, but we did. Run the numbers yourself, don’t take their word for it. I asked for an itemized cost for IVF, which the person responding to my message, refused to give. She said 15-20K Plus Meds.
2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Dr Batres takes time with his patients and helps them to understand each step along the way. He is honest and up front. Answers all questions we have. Even when we have just wanted to move forward and just go through with IVF to have a baby, if there was something that needed to be done or if we needed to wait three months and then repeat testing that's what he would suggest we do before doing it how we just want to do it. After all he is the doctor and has been doing it for awhile. He is very personable and will actually talk to you in his office one on one at each visit versus and exam room. We see everything he puts in our office visit notes.
2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
It may take awhile to go through testing and there may be set backs but it will work out in the long run. Just trust him
He took time to answer questions and was honest up front with us
We are going to be starting IVF soon. Don't know all of the specifics just yet but I have started on birth control and will be going for our class next Monday
Some are not so friendly and don't take in consideration how emotional infertility is
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The strengths of the clinic for us is the doctors bedside manner and the location of the clinic. A weakness is not everyone in that clinic is friendly and we understand a difference in personalities but when your going through infertility and spending lots of money it is nice to come in contact with people who are empathetic.
1) 10,000 for IVF 2) 3,000-5,000 for medications 3) we recently learned that we have to be checked for hiv, hepatitis etc and any ultrasounds we have there once were pregnant will not be covered because they are not our obgyn. 4) labs and other testing not covered by insurance (screening) amounts vary
the least amount of embryos transferred based on quality. No more than two
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Francisco Batres] is clearly passionate about getting results and doing well at his job. He is brilliant as a doctor. You just have to be willing to overlook his communication skills...If warm and fuzzy bedside manor is your needs as a pateint, he may not be for you...I communicated that I didn’t want Clomid and he gave me an alternative with lower risk of multiples and less harsh side effects.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
If you can see past his quirks and recognize that he is an excellent doctor who is passionate about helping people start a family, you will love him. He knows what he’s doing 100%. He helped us get our baby. If warm and fuzzy bedside manor is your needs as a pateint, he may not be for you.
Trust him and let him know your preferences. He is different but his plans are solid and successful. I communicated that I didn’t want Clomid and he gave me an alternative with lower risk of multiples and less harsh side effects.
His personality is not as some may expect, he is not from America and has some social quirks but is clearly passionate about getting results and doing well at his job. He is brilliant as a doctor. You just have to be willing to overlook his communication skills
Dr. Batres placed me on a medication to start my cycle, did ultrasound and labs to evaluate ovulation and follicles, placed me on Letrozole, and then once I was ovulating he instructed us to have intercourse every other day. This protocol worked within 2 months.
The nurses here were wonderful. The front desk leaves something to be desired with their poor attitudes, but nurses were great!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The doctors are skilled, the nurses are sweet and attentive, lab techs are great and very fast, the only issues I could see someone having are with possible personality quirks of Dr. Batres himself, although he is an extremely good doctor, and the front desk staff are honestly pretty rude. Which can be difficult to deal with when you’re facing fertility issues. But it was worth overlooking that for me to have a doctor as skilled as Dr. Batres
I do not recall. It was very expensive and we continued to pay on these bills up until these last couple months (our son is almost 2) but it was worth it.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Batres is from another country (guatemala I believe) so the biggest drawback is that his accent is a bit heavy, but he overcomes that easily by explaining everything in detail and drawing diagrams to help you understand. He doesn't mind repeating things and doesn't get offended by this. He is very cheerful but also honest and won't sugar coat the truth. I had a wonderful experience with him and after three years of trying I got pregnant within four months of his care...
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Be patient-sometimes you'll have to see Dr. Moutos and he is just not full of good bedside manner, but Dr. Batres is great.
Dr. Batres was very kind and always called me himself after the clinic had closed, rather than pass that job off to a nurse.
First we started doing Letrozole with IUI and that did not result in a pregnancy. The next cycle we tried doing letrozole again because I had at least ovulated on it before (and before seeing dr. batres I had done many letrozole and clomid cycles that most of the time at least led to ovulation) but that failed to produce an egg, so that cycle failed and did not proceed. After that we moved to Gonal-F with a trigger shot and an IUI, which resulted in my pregnancy. We had to adjust the dose of Gonal-F as we went and it was a late ovulation, but it worked!
One of the nurses, frankly, was not friendly. I don't remember her name but she had her own office and was in charge of educating on injectables. The other nurses were very nice, if a little quiet at times.
I
The IUI package cost was around $950, but that didn't include drugs, so drugs could really make or break your finances. For the Gonal-F I spent another $1000 which was only 50% because I qualified for an income contingent program through EMD serono that the clinic informed me of.
Little Rock
Dr batres explained everything in detail and would answer any question you had for him. Sometimes he would explain too much too quickly and we would have to go back and ask questions about what he explained.... We first tried a drug called letrozole and had good reactions but no pregnancies on the intercourse cycle. Also took a shot called ovidril to help the egg drop. Did a few months on clomid before switching back to letrozole. Still on the intercourse cycle but no pregnancies. We attempted 3 iui with no success and one chemical pregnancy. We were told that ivf is our only option.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Have research and questions ready to go when you go see him. And don't be afraid to make him repeat or write down what he is telling you
He explained everything in detail, followed up with us, and was very warm and caring
We first tried a drug called letrozole and had good reactions but no pregnancies on the intercourse cycle. Also took a shot called ovidril to help the egg drop. Did a few months on clomid before switching back to letrozole. Still on the intercourse cycle but no pregnancies. We attempted 3 iui with no success and one chemical pregnancy. We were told that ivf is our only option. We haven't started yet due to lack of funds to pay for procedure.
The nursing staff are friendly and personable. Always answer calls or questions in a timely manner
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and the people are friendly. My only complaint would be wait times after being put in a room.
Under my insurance costs were reasonable. For most appointments I only paid a copay and for the ovidril my insurance didn't cover. The ivf is way more expensive which is why we are unable to do it at this time
Little Rock
Dr. Batres works at the only clinic in Arkansas so if you want to pursue IVF in AR, you don't have any other options. We never moved passed the assessment stage with Dr. Batres. Things were progressing much too slowly. At every step, the would request information from past treatments that we'd already shared over. We eventually switched to Tulsa...Overall good experience with the Dr. Batres. He was patient and thorough. He does have an accent that makes it a little hard to understand. He also draws upside down while he's discussing your assessment which was distracting for my husband. Poor experience with the clinic and nurses.
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
I would ensure that you're educated on your diagnosis and very well researched. He does talk quickly so you have to keep up.
Dr. Batres did personally complete his assessment and fill out the forms himself instead of the nurse. I did like that. He made took his time and made sure to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arkansas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Don't remember)
The entire staff was terrible. There was a lack of responsiveness. No one returned phone calls. No one did any follow-through with things they said they would do. My first appointment was delayed by 3 hours and didn't begin until about 30mins before closing. Everyone was rude, didn't care if I was there or not, and seem to simply hate their jobs.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
Don't expect anyone to call you back. Your follow-up will be key. Know you patient files better than them.
I only paid for the initial visit and I don't remember the exact amount.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr Batres did change medication doses after our first failed attempt. He increased certain medications and made sure to keep an eye on developing follicles...Dr Batres always remembered our names and told us funny stories to keep our spirits up...He was just an overall very friendly person. He was a joy to be around during such a difficult time...I always felt like Dr Batres cared about us as a couple and wanted our treatments to be successful. When we finally got a positive pregnancy test (after one failed round of IVF) he gave us both a big hug and told us to bring him a baby to see.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
His accent is a little bit hard to understand so it made it easier (for me) to watch his lips moving
Dr Batres always remembered our names and told us funny stories to keep our spirits up. Someone had catered for the clinic and my husband could smell BBQ and Dr Batres went to the staff lounge and made my husband a plate of food! Then (as we were leaving the clinic) Dr Batres called my cell phone to remind my husband that now he had to take me anywhere I wanted to eat for lunch! He was just an overall very friendly person. He was a joy to be around during such a difficult time.
I always enjoyed visiting with the nurses. They were very friendly and helpful!
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The woman at the front desk could kind of seem rude some days, but some days she was friendly.
Our insurance covered 80% of our treatments (excluding medications) We ended up spending about $5,000
During the first round of IVF, Dr Batres suggested transferring 1 embryo, but he said he would support us if we chose to transfer 2. We chose to go with 2. After that round failed, the next round he did suggest trying 2 embryos again, and both of them took. However, early on one of the embryos stopped growing and eventually disappeared on ultrasounds.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Batres] was very compassionate and kind. He made me feel like my feelings mattered, and I felt secure in his care. I was very pleasantly surprised when he let us see a sample of the sperm under the microscope! That's was really neat and made the experience seem hopeful to me!...I loved how he explained every detail of our IUI...The doctors and nurses [at AR Fert and Gyn] were great,...Don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if you aren't 100% clear.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
He was very compassionate and kind. He made me feel like my feelings mattered, and I felt secure in his care. I was very pleasantly surprised when he let us see a sample of the sperm under the microscope! That's was really neat and made the experience seem hopeful to me!
Don't be afraid to ask questions, especially if you aren't 100% clear.
I loved how he explained every detail of our IUI and even let us see he sperm under the microscope!
They were very kind and empathetic towards me and my husband. They always were friendly and supportive.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
I was very disappointed in the general management of the clinic. It was hard to get anyone to call back about appointments, which is frustrating when you are on a specific timetable with your cycle. The doctors and nurses were great, I was just disappointed that the secretaries didn't seem to be as on point.
The IUI procedure was around $500. The additional medications and ultrasounds added up to around $600+. The whole IUI wound up costing over $1000
2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr batres always takes time to explain things in great detail. He is aggressive with his plans as long as you are comfortable every step of the way.... Dr batres is a caring dr. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field. I trust him to do what is best for me and my family. I know he has my best interest at heart. He is sure to taste time to meet with you after each appt.... Ask him any questions you may have because he will answer them thoroughly.
2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Ask him any questions you may have because he will answer them thoroughly.
The nursing staff is very busy and attempts to return calls but does not always get around to it.
Describe your experience with Arkansas Fertility Center.
The front desk attendant is not always approachable. It is nearly impossible to get anyone on the phone. I do feel as though the drs are better than the staff they have employed. I trust my dr enough to continue going here.
The treatments are very expensive as they are at most places. Labs and ultrasound are also very pricey. I’ve had one mistake made in the billing department.
Little Rock
Be patient, he [Dr. Francisco Batres] is always running behind. But it is bc he spends so much time explaining...Dr Batres is very thourough and takes his time with each patient. He makes time to answer all your questions until you understand...He is very compassionate and nice man. He is difficult to understand at times but does his best to make sure you understand before you leave, even draws pictures and diagrams. He gave me his personal cell number and called and checked on my after IVF procedure
How was your experience with Francisco Batres at Arkansas Fertility Center?
Be patient, he is always running behind. But it is bc he spends so much time explaining