Aurora

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolHamburg
ResidencyU. of Wisconsin
FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
2845 Greenbrier Rd
Green Bay, WI 54311
920-288-8500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Frank Wittmaack to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aurora to a friend?
I feel his work up was not complete prior to starting treatments. I did not like that he [Dr. Wittmaack] did not preform all of my IUIs and I did not like that nurses do the IUIs and ultrasounds...I did not feel like he explained the process thoroughly or the "why" for treatments/medications. I felt rushed anytime he was present. He has a hard time comforting the upset patient making awkward jokes as opposed to putting things in perspective.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora?
Dr. Wittmaack was very nice. I did not feel like he explained the process thoroughly or the "why" for treatments/medications. I felt rushed anytime he was present. He has a hard time comforting the upset patient making awkward jokes as opposed to putting things in perspective. I feel his work up was not complete prior to starting treatments. I did not like that he did not preform all of my IUIs and I did not like that nurses do the IUIs and ultrasounds.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frank Wittmaack at Aurora?
Be your own advocate. Ask many questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora?
I felt they did treat me like a human. The receptionist knew my name when I came in. The nurses remembered my situation each time.
Describe the protocols Frank Wittmaack used in your cycles at Aurora and their degree of success.
Letrozole + trigger + IUI
This clinic does not assign a specific nurse so at times you talk to a nurse that you've never met. There were a few very good, knowledgeable, compassionate nurses. There is no way to email them which is inconvenient for the busy person. You must call and receive a call back. They do most of the IUIs and ultrasounds. I got the feeling they were making many of the decisions as opposed to the doctor reviewed results and changing treatments or giving instructions.
Describe your experience with Aurora.
Clinics strengths include a private area/waiting room for only fertility patients. The receptionist is always very friendly and knowledgeable. They were easy to contact and you were not left on hold. Weaknesses include poor billing department. They did not give me all my options and I ended up paying much more out of pocket than I should have. They do not give options for outside monitoring versus monitoring treatment in their clinic for distant patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Wittmaack at Aurora.
There are no options for the patient that is traveling from a distant location. Either you pay the package deal and have everything done at that clinic or you pay very high costs for individual services. You must pay for every consult every time meeting with the doctor
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
From the very beginning Dr. Wittmaack was ready and willing to help. After advising my husband and I that IVF was probably our best route he never pressured us for an answer immediately. We took 7-8 months and when we were ready to try he was there and excited to help us. He would call me himself when something didn't turn out right or for test results. Communication was amazing and much appreciated.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora?
Be ready for one hell of a journey. Dr. Wittmaack will have your back the whole way. But be ready to not always get the answers you want or expect.
The Dr. was really nice. Whenever I called the receptionists were kind. The nurses became family to me.
I went through 2 egg retrievals. The protocol was different each time. The first one was pretty basic and we got 12 eggs. We opted for genetic testing so at the end we had 1 female egg that sadly didn't take. For the next retrieval he had me take DHA and CoQ10 for 3 months beforehand. We got 22 eggs second time around! Again we did genetic testing and ended up with 4 female eggs to work with. Each one of my transfers were a little different too. Just little things were tweaked like amount and times I took my progesterone injections. And in between there were tests he had me take and do as well to figure out why my transfers weren't working. I can't remember what the test is called where they insert saline solution, I've had done a couple times. And I've also had the test done that's like a mock transfer. I take all the meds and get my body ready for a transfer but instead of transfer he removed a piece of uterine lining to see if when we were doing the transfer was the right time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora. (Assigned nurse: I worked with a couple...I believe Brooke was one of them and Kendall I think was the other one.)
I can't say enough about the nursing staff here!! Brooke in particular was very understanding as she was also a patient not just a nurse. All the nurses there were so kind, patient, warm, understanding, compassionate, and really became like a family.
Describe your experience with Aurora.
They're really willing to try and schedule things that work best for you. We had to drive an hour to get to appointments and they were very courteous of that. They were also amazing when it came to setting up payments that worked for us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Wittmaack at Aurora.
We did 2 retrievals and 5 transfers. I don't remember specific prices for specific procedures but I know in totally we paid well over $25,000
Describe Frank Wittmaack's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora.
For me because of my age we only transferred 1 embryo. We never really discussed more because my husband was terrified of multiples haha!
3 IUI, Donor Eggs
I feel that Dr. Wittmaack is a compassionate and caring doctor who always had our best interests at heart. He was honest and forthcoming with what was not always good news. Unfortunately he is an employee of a corporation and I feel that this affected how the outcome of our unique situation was handled.
3 IUI, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora?
Do not rush into anything and ask lots of questions. If you are signing anything, make sure to read it thoroughly, ask for copies and make sure that you understand the risks of the treatment you are undertaking.
Dr. Wittmaack always took the time to answer our questions and seemed genuinely hopeful and optimistic of our success. With the exception of two of our IUI.s which were performed by nurses I always say Dr. Wittmack for my appointments.
After 3 failed IUIs we were scheduled to start IVF with our own eggs, however the cycle we were to start my FSH had risen significantly and we decided mutually to go right to donor eggs. From there we encountered numerous setbacks. The first proven donor we we selected from the clinic's donor pool ended up not being available (the donor files had not been updated). Our second choice tested positive as a carrier for alpha thalassemia so we had to see a genetic counselor and my husband had to be tested. We decided to proceed as we had already invested a great deal of money on her FDA testing and psych evaluation. I was put on birth control pills then Lupronef. Our donor was not responding well to stims so we had to pay for additional meds with no notice. Then at my last ultrasound before retrieval we discovered I had a follicle and subsequent blood work showed I was ovulating despite being on Lupron. We had to then freeze for FET. Then disaster happened!!! Our donor went to retrieval. 14 eggs were retrieved; 8 mature, 2 post mature and the rest, according to the embryologist "were just bad eggs." All 8 fertilized with ICSI but by day 3 we had 5 poor and 3 fair. All were highly fragmented. By day 5 we had NO embryos to freeze. Dr. said it was 100% an egg quality issue. This is exactly the outcome we were attempting to avoid by using a donor in the first place! We then had to wait an entire month for a follow up and when I called to schedule it I was told there were no appointments available for over 3 weeks!!! I had to settle for a phone appointment. Dr Wittmaack seemed genuinely devastated for us and agreed to speak to the clinic administrator to see of they would help us out financially by discounting a new cycle or waiving or discounting our current bill (in addition to the 10k plus we had already spent we currently have an outstanding bill of over 10k!). It is not looking good as the financial coordinator said the "we signed and dated the consent forms and we knew the risks." We felt we were rushed through the consent signing and we were not given copies. We were NEVER told of the risk of this outcome. On the contrary we were constantly told how successful their donor cycles are!
The nurses were always friendly and upbeat. They all knew us by name. I would have liked a more open channel of communication beside the phone during regular business hours for questions though (such as e-mail). I was able to text the donor coordinator once our cycle began and that was appreciated.
Describe your experience with Aurora.
The clinic environment is pleasant and professional, though more difficult to get to due to hospital construction. Be sure to know costs up front as they add up quickly. Once your cycle fails be prepared for not a lot of follow up.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Wittmaack at Aurora.
Costs added up quickly! There was an unexpected price increase at the last minute with our donor cycle. We paid around 10k for our donor's FDA testing, genetic testing, psychological evaluation and medications beyond our donor cycle fee. We have over well over 20k invested in our donor cycle (including the pending bill) and we never even got to transfer.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora?
Dr. Wittmaack is a gentle, intelligent and caring man. He took as much time as necessary to make sure I understood and was comfortable with the next step. He never pushed us toward a certain method of treatment, always explaining all the options and allowing us to make an informed decision on our own with his assistance. I felt 100% confident in his diagnosis, prognosis and treatment methods and never once doubted his practice- even if the cycle turned out to be negative. I am currently 7 months pregnant with my incredible IVF miracle that Dr. Wiittmaack helped my husband and I to conceive. He and his staff even have plans to come visit the three of us after delivery. I will most definitely be recommending Dr. W. to everyone and anyone who is looking. We are so lucky that he practices near our home.
Relax. He and his staff know exactly what they're doing and they will never let you feel like you aren't important. They will help you make all of the tough decisions and will care for you with world class efficiency. Do not be afraid or nervous. Trust.
Everyone knew my name and remembered details about my personal life at each visit. Everyone was incredibly friendly and made me feel like family. I felt like if my cycles failed, they were hurting with me- and if the cycle was a success that they were celebrating with me. I have nothing but great things to say about every staff member that we had the pleasure of working with.
After 3 cycles of IUI with letrozole (1 cancelled) that all failed, we decided to move forward with IVF. I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve and damaged fallopian tubes, so we all decided that IVF was the best option moving forward. Birth control pills for 6 weeks 10 units of Lupron for 10 days 8 days of: 225 units of Gonal-F 75 units of menopur 5 units of lupron Following egg retrieval: 2 estrace tablets 2 units of progesterone in oil 11 eggs retrieved 11 mature 10 fertilized 4 made it to embryo stage 2 transferred fresh 2 frozen 1 beautiful baby boy at 7 months gestation
The nursing staff we incredibly compassionate and caring. The communication was always prompt and informative. They felt like family.
Describe your experience with Aurora.
I would trust this clinic for any of my fertility needs. I would never look elsewhere for treatment. I cannot think of one single weakness. Even if I received bad news, I always had a positive experience with the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Wittmaack at Aurora.
The cost for IVF (one fresh cycle) was $12000 The cost of IUI was about $3000 per cycle
2014 - 2017
Dr. Wittmaack is so kind and truly wants to help each of his patients. He's very skilled and I trust him completely. He was always very encouraging and optimistic. He always took adequate time with us to answer all of our questions...We did three IUIs with Letrozole and injectibles during the summer of 2014. This course of treatment was chosen for unexplained infertility. We conceived our daughter on our third IUI in August 2014 and are currently starting this process again (June 2017).
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora?
Be sure to ask questions to thoroughly understand your course of treatment. Make sure you understand all of the costs involved. Also, try to relax and trust in Dr. Wittmaack and his staff.
I was truly surprised at the care we received from Dr. Wittmaack and his staff. They must see hundreds of patients every day, but they always treated us like people and not just another number. Everyone from the receptionist to the nurses and Dr. Wittmaack always acted like they truly cared.
The nurses were amazing. They were always very caring and compassionate. All of them were exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful as well. Struggling with infertility was a pretty dark time in my life, but the nurses always made me feel better. I feel as though they are like family now.
Describe your experience with Aurora.
I don't have any complaints about Aurora BayCare Medical Center. I think it is an excellent facility with quality providers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Wittmaack at Aurora.
The cost of an IUI cycle is about $2,000.
Green Bay
I felt like a human, because he [Dr. Wittmaack] was well aware of what was going on in my treatment at all times and remembered our conversations. He genuinely cared about my success.... I had labs coming back with bad results repeatedly. The results didn't make sense, and Dr. Wittmaack stayed on the case until discovering I had antibodies thar were reacting with the lab assay itself. He is some sort of reproductive endocrinology genius.
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora?
Dr. Wittmaack was able to make possible our impossible dream of having a baby. I had an excellent first IVF cycle, got pregnant, but sadly miscarried the baby. Due to my age, I wanted to do another egg retrieval cycle rather than FET my other two embryos. I had yet another successful cycle, and our daughter is two months old. I had labs coming back with bad results repeatedly. The results didn't make sense, and Dr. Wittmaack stayed on the case until discovering I had antibodies thar were reacting with the lab assay itself. He is some sort of reproductive endocrinology genius.
It can take awhile to get started, but it goes fast once you are.
I felt like a human, because he was well aware of what was going on in my treatment at all times and remembered our conversations. He genuinely cared about my success.
The nurses are excellent, truly care about your success, and care about you as a person, too. They are available to answer questions. It feels like they become your friends, and you need friends who understand when you're doing IVF.
Describe your experience with Aurora.
The clinic is strong in having success, and that's most important. The doctor and nurses are fantastic and compassionate. Sometimes there isn't a lot of flexibility with timing, but that is truly the only weakness I can think of.
My doctor would let me transfer one or two, recommending two due to my age and that my embryos were untested.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The doctor [Dr. Frank Wittmaack] was very inappropriate and made several comments to us that we completely out of line. Including but not limited to we should try things the old fashioned way, as well as telling my wife she could now really see my inner beauty while pointing to an ultrasound screen and preforming a vaginal ultrasound...We never got to protocols. After the initial baseline ultrasound where inappropriate comments were made I never went back.
Native American, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora?
The doctor was very inappropriate and made several comments to us that we completely out of line. Including but not limited to we should try things the old fashioned way, as well as telling my wife she could now really see my inner beauty while pointing to an ultrasound screen and preforming a vaginal ultrasound.
Stay far far far away.
Communication with the office was very difficult and it felt like we were dictated to never consulted with.
Incompetence is rampant with the entire care team. They don't communicate with each other, or the doctor.
Describe your experience with Aurora.
Incompetent, inappropriate, and horrible.
2013
Although my journey hasn't ended how I'd hoped, I still feel like I made the right choice with Dr. Wittmaack....Seems very knowledgable and intelligent. Dr. Wittmaack was friendly and honest about my treatment. Always very encouraging. Dr. Wittmaack and his staff are always upbeat and positive which was encouraging.
2013
How was your experience with Frank Wittmaack at Aurora?
Seems very knowledgable and intelligent. Dr. Wittmaack was friendly and honest about my treatment. Always very encouraging. Dr. Wittmaack and his staff are always upbeat and positive which was encouraging. His staff recognized me on the phone and in person. I felt like a friend and not just a patient. Although my journey hasn't ended how I'd hoped, I still feel like I made the right choice with Dr. Wittmaack.
Costs add up fast. Do research and be prepared with questions to best understand the treatments.
Everyone in this office was friendly and professional. My care was always great. They remembered me when I called or came in and addressed me in a personal way.