7.3

3500 Barranca Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92606
949-788-1133

2020, Unsuccessful
During one of the FETs, Dr. Yelian was late and my poor little 5BB hatching embryo sat out in the cold operating room temperature for over 45 minutes as I laid there prepped and ready for the transfer...During one of our retrieval rounds, we were told that we need to pay an additional $1,000 if we want the doctor to release the next day's medication protocol based on my blood test results...
the Life IVF Embryology lab did not meet my expectations...They asked us for $1,000 additional during the middle of the retrieval cycle (which we had already paid) 2) The embryology lab decided to not test my embryos without telling me, which ended up costing us more to do the transfer and have it fail 3) the doctor and the Embryology lab allowed my 5BB embryo to sit out in the cold operating room for 45 minutes because he was running late to the FET
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
During one of our retrieval rounds, we were told that we need to pay an additional $1,000 if we want the doctor to release the next day's medication protocol based on my blood test results. We were shocked. So they were holding hostage my medication protocol, which the doctor would recommend based on my blood test results unless we paid them $1,000. If we didn't pay the $1,000, we would not get what the doctor deemed necessary for a successful retrieval cycle. So my husband and I sat in our bedroom thinking if we don't give this $1,000 now, we may not get the optimal medication protocol, and that could ruin our chances of getting to our goal of pregnancy/baby. But if we pay this surprise additional $1,000 now, the doctor would release the updated medication protocol and we may have a better chance (maybe). We could not figure out what to do. How could a doctor put his patient through this? What kind of clinic are we working with? We were trapped. If we don't pay the $1,000 we may regret it for the rest of our lives. If we pay $1,000 and it fails, we would never know if it was related to this updated medication protocol or not. This doctor put us through hell with this extraordinary situation. I feel like the standard of care at Life IVF is the lowest possible that can be legally provided in the US. I feel that they are unethical for putting us through this $1,000 debacle. They discourage women from having anesthesia and pressure them to get all retrievals done without any anesthesia or pain meds. I have more examples: 1) For one of my retrieval cycles, the embryology lab decided to not test my two 4BB day-5 embryos and just froze them without asking us. Of course, we transferred those and they didn't work, and that cost us a lot of money when a PGT-A test could've saved us heartbreak, time, and money. 2) During one of the FETs, Dr. Yelian was late and my poor little 5BB hatching embryo sat out in the cold operating room temperature for over 45 minutes as I laid there prepped and ready for the transfer. I think he caused my embryo to terminate by being late. The embryology lab should not have allowed this to happen, why bring out the embryo if the doctor isn't ready for it. One of the biggest factors in an IVF cycle is the Embryology lab and the Life IVF Embryology lab did not meet my expectations. I rate this doctor and the lab below zero.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Do not go to this doctor. Please go to literally anyone else. Run away from this doctor. Every dollar you spend is a dollar you've burned. I feel that this doctor is worthless, unethical, and did not provide proper care to me as his patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
the doctor only saw us once, only the staff (who are not actually RNs) saw us and provided us with our blood test results. We had to pay extra to see the doctor. They gave us the same exact medication protocol without making any modifications. as if we were identical to all patients.
Describe the protocols Frank Yelian used in your cycles at Life IVF Center and their degree of success.
They called the protocols "minimal" or "optimal". it was a combination of Estrace, Clomid, Gonal-F, and Menopur. I've had 5 retrievals with this doctor and each was mostly identical to the other. I have kept all the medication protocol records in a google sheet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
The nurses are not nurses, they are medical assistants. Life IVF may have a nurse on their staff but we never saw that person. the medcial assistants were nice people.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
On the outside, they appear to be a real and legitimate science-based medical practice. But it's just a sham. They use an online portal which gives the illusion that everything is under control and technologically updated. The online portal is the only thing that works there. The doctors that have made the decision to not have an updated embryology lab and to use third-world country practices, which makes this place a sad clinic. please do not go to this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center.
We spent over $50,000 on procedures at this clinic, not including medication and driving back and forth.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
I've given 3 major terrible experiences that we had at this clinic. I just don't want anyone else to burn their hard-earned money at this place. 1) They asked us for $1,000 additional during the middle of the retrieval cycle (which we had already paid) 2) The embryology lab decided to not test my embryos without telling me, which ended up costing us more to do the transfer and have it fail 3) the doctor and the Embryology lab allowed my 5BB embryo to sit out in the cold operating room for 45 minutes because he was running late to the FET
Irvine

he [Dr. Yelian] glances through your information in front of you and then begins your consult. He is moderately friendly, just maybe would like if I felt like he knew my info before I entered his office. He did call me a few times through my treatments...After my miscarriages I didn't hear from him personally either time...approached IVF totally differently and I appreciate that. He changes his protical for each patient and adjusts meds along the way if necessary. He's not much of a talker so be prepared to ask questions if you have them because after your first meeting with him you you have to pay to see him which feels pretty wrong to me.
The nurses are crazy busy [at Life IVF Center] but super kind and compassionate...[staff] told me the gender of our embryos when we said we didn't want to know. I didn't like that when you do your beta after a transfer if you don't wait the 1-2 hours for your blood test results, they don't call you with the results, instead you have to look them up online. I haven't heard of any other clinic being that impersonal...This is a mini and natural IVF clinic so meds are used at a minimum. I did mini IVF which for me meant clomid starting CD3 and then only 4 days of low dose stims (menopur and gonal-f).
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Dr Yelian approached IVF totally differently and I appreciate that. He changes his protical for each patient and adjusts meds along the way if necessary. He's not much of a talker so be prepared to ask questions if you have them because after your first meeting with him you you have to pay to see him which feels pretty wrong to me. I had to pay to have a phone call with him after my miscarriage at 12 weeks to discuss his thoughts on it. I feel like that phone call should have just happened.
Be clear about your desired outcome and method. Also, go prepared with all of your questions. Don't expect to see him really ever....but if that is important to you, spend the money to get the face to face time.
This is a very busy clinic. You get called in to see the dr, he glances through your information in front of you and then begins your consult. He is moderately friendly, just maybe would like if I felt like he knew my info before I entered his office. He did call me a few times through my treatments, once when I was in the waiting room which was kinda weird. After my miscarriages I didn't hear from him personally either time. The first time a different dr called me; the second time I was supposed to get a call but never did.
This is a mini and natural IVF clinic so meds are used at a minimum. I did mini IVF which for me meant clomid starting CD3 and then only 4 days of low dose stims (menopur and gonal-f). I had 15 follicles but had an early LH surge so I lost the dominant follicle and only had 2 mature eggs out of the 10 that they retrieved. Second transfer took less meds (less menopur) and resulted in 9 mature eggs of which I got 5 5-day blasts. Pretty good numbers for mini IVF at 40.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Life IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Anna)
The nurses are crazy busy but super kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
Their biggest strength is their approach to IVF using little or no drugs. They are able to help many women with DOR and advanced maternal age with his methods. The downside is that the clinic is crazy busy and appointments are long while you wait for your results to be reviewed by the dr. Because they are so busy, some of the details get lost in the shuffle so you need to be super organized. They also told me the gender of our embryos when we said we didn't want to know. I didn't like that when you do your beta after a transfer if you don't wait the 1-2 hours for your blood test results, they don't call you with the results, instead you have to look them up online. I haven't heard of any other clinic being that impersonal. Also, I was on Dr. Yellian's "call log" 2-3 times for him to call me. Once he was 2 days late calling me, the second time he never called. It was after a chemical pregnancy and I felt like I deserved at least his thoughts on it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Life IVF Center.
Very busy but they get everyone in quickly for bloodwork and ultrasounds but then you wait sometimes for over an hour for the results and any changes in protocol. If you're in a hurry, you can leave and have the nurse call you with results.
I believe the cost has gone up but I paid about $10K for one mini IVF including monitoring, meds, retrieval and frozen transfer. PGS testing is $1k per embryo.
Describe Frank Yelian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Life IVF Center.
He's a strong advocate for single transfers but will do 2 on a case by case basis.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
They asked for the same paperwork several times. I kept a folder of our test results with me so that if they ever asked I had it all with me. Dr Yellian wanted to put me on blood thinning drugs after my miscarriage. I had some concerns and he said it was fine to not be on them. I felt like I could have spent $300/month on a drug that I probably didn't need, especially when my miscarriage was marked by lots of bleeding before and during.
2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Every time I see the doctor to consult my treatment plan, he doesn't answer the questions directly. He always says that the treatment can be started according to his opinions and doesn't give the patient a detailed and serious answer... when I went to doctor ye, I made it clear that I wanted to try new treatments, such as long-term ovulation. Dr. Ye agreed. You can give me a try. According to doctor Ye's plan, I can enter the cycle after taking estrogen for 2 weeks. However, before I entered the cycle, doctor ye did completely change his previous plan.
their [Life IVF] nurses are very professional and responsible. Every time I get a detailed explanation from the nurse, even the treatment plan, because the doctor hardly explains it. I am very satisfied with that... The clinic is good as a whole, all links are orderly and well coordinated. From the blood test, ultrasound, egg operation and other departments are very mature, each staff are very skilled, fast, professional. The biggest advantage of this clinic is its low price, which allows patients with different needs to choose different packages or single service items. This is very humane and saves a lot of unnecessary costs for patients.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
First of all, I would like to point out that their nurses are very professional and responsible. Every time I get a detailed explanation from the nurse, even the treatment plan, because the doctor hardly explains it. I am very satisfied with that. I did three failed Mini IVF in other clinics, none of which passed the PGs blastocyst. So when I went to doctor ye, I made it clear that I wanted to try new treatments, such as long-term ovulation. Dr. Ye agreed. You can give me a try. According to doctor Ye's plan, I can enter the cycle after taking estrogen for 2 weeks. However, before I entered the cycle, doctor ye did completely change his previous plan. He asked me to start my next cycle again after menstruation, because the endometrium is a little thick. I don't understand. I just take the eggs, and I don't do the transfer at that time. It's like going back to my old plan. But I still did it according to the doctor's advice, and the result was the same as the previous failure experience.
No matter what kind of failure experience or good experience you have in other clinics before, Dr. ye will not refer to the previous data when making treatment plans or medication. Because every time I have questions, he doesn't know the failure cases that these drugs will cause to me. So either you start a new life with him, or you don't expect him to make sustainable plans based on your past experience.
Please refer to my explanation of the previous question. He didn't give me any plan. He didn't think the cycle would perform well, so he cancelled the cycle directly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Life IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: liam)
Please refer to my previous answer. The nurse is professional, serious and explained clearly, which greatly helps the doctor to do communication work
4500 per mini cycle
none
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
Due to the change of treatment plan, the medication was different, which led to my poor response to the drug. Due to the sharp rise of FSH, it can not enter the cycle normally for two months.
Irvine

[Dr. Yelian] usually doesn't get in until after 10:00am so if you have an 8am appointment and want to speak to the nurse, you wont get to until the doctor reviews your lab work...The doctor is very difficult to get a hold of and it is mainly the nurses that you speak with...The course of treatment that Dr. Yelian prescribed was a mistake according to him which only resulted in 3 eggs being retrieved. We only bought a 2 cycle package so this was devastating to us because he did 2 retrievals within 1 cycle because of a luteal phase he wanted to try.
The cost [at Life IVF Center] was 10 k for 2 mini ivf cycles and 2 transfers. It cost 1500 for an ERA cycle...Our patient coordinator Taylor, gave us much misleading information regarding what waivers that Dr. Yelian would give us at the beginning of the protocol and would get frustrated with any questions asked of her. It was quite frustrating to speak to someone that should know the office protocol but instead spoke out of place and not only that asked us not to mention her name to Dr. Yelian when we were asking about the waivers! This seemed very odd.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Frank Yelian seemed quite distracted the first time my husband and I met with him. He only gave us about 5 minutes of his time after we waited for 3 hours. He seemed to want to rush us through that first appointment. During the first egg retrieval cycle, I felt quite anxious as a patient and had some questions about the protocol because it seemed very similar to my IUI protocol which wasn't successful for me at another clinic. I brought this up to the coordinator, she seemed to be offended by the questions and told Dr. Yelian this. Dr. Yelian asked to speak with me, did not address my concerns about the protocol but instead asked if I had depression and told me that I needed to be nicer to his staff or I could find another place to go. This ofcourse made me quite upset but we had already paid and so felt stuck. The course of treatment that Dr. Yelian prescribed was a mistake according to him which only resulted in 3 eggs being retrieved. We only bought a 2 cycle package so this was devastating to us because he did 2 retrievals within 1 cycle because of a luteal phase he wanted to try. That being said, he met with my husband and I after we were very upset with the outcome and not being listened to by him in the first place. He did rectify his mistake and gave us a free retrieval cycle to try and get blastocysts. Dr. Yelian finally started to listen to me and adjusted my medications on the free retrieval and I was able to get 8 eggs! I was very pleased and finally felt like I was being treated like an intelligent individual. He did both of my transfers and my ERA test. He was very pleasant and spoke to me personally after each transfer and upon my negative betas for both transfers. The beginning with Dr. Yelian was quite rocky but he definitely redeemed himself in our eyes.
The one piece of advice I can offer is to not expect a hand holding experience with this doctor. He has his own agenda in mind and will pursue it until he is proven incorrect then he will be more flexible. We did grow to trust this doctor however we would not be coming back to this clinic because mini ivf and optimal ivf is not the right protocol for us. Also, do not expect to have much contact with Dr. Yelian outside of the first appointment and your transfers. He is available to be put on a waitlist for phone conversations.
The wait times with Life IVF are horrendous. We would wait for 2 hours sometimes to just see a nurse and only got to see Dr. Yelian before we began treatments and transfers. The doctor is very difficult to get a hold of and it is mainly the nurses that you speak with. That being said, the phlebotomists, ultrasound techs, and nurses were very kind. The front desk staff got to know us by name and we felt very comfortable with them.
The protocol that was used for my first retrieval was Clomid ,Gonal F, and Menopur with a Lupron trigger. This was a mini ivf cycle which only resulted in 2 eggs. He continued with a luteal phase cycle within that same cycle because he felt that with my PCOS I would not produce many eggs if he did another mini cycle by itself on the next cycle. This luteal phase was only with Clomid and Menopur with a result of only 1 egg. No blastocysts from any of these 3 eggs. Optimal stimulation cycle with higher dosage of Clomid, Menopur, and Gonal F with Lupron trigger. They retrieved 8 eggs , 6 of which were mature. We got 2 blastocysts , 1 with a bb rating and the other with a bc rating. Both embryos failed to implant during both transfer cycles. The transfer cycles consisted of Estrace, progesterone suppositories, and progesterone in oil (every other day).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
The nurses were amazing, they knew everything! If I had any questions, I just needed to pick up the phone and I could always talk to one of them. They held my hand after the retrievals and spoke warmly to me during the cycles.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
The clinic runs like a well oiled machine. The doctor usually doesn't get in until after 10:00am so if you have an 8am appointment and want to speak to the nurse, you wont get to until the doctor reviews your lab work. I would usually just do my labs and ultrasounds then leave because all of the directions are sent to your portal. If I had known this during my retrieval cycle then I would not have had to take so much time off of work! During the retrieval cycles, I would wait for up to 3 hours to speak to a nurse after Dr. Yelian reviewed the results. Also, the coordinators are not very honest. Our patient coordinator Taylor, gave us much misleading information regarding what waivers that Dr. Yelian would give us at the beginning of the protocol and would get frustrated with any questions asked of her. It was quite frustrating to speak to someone that should know the office protocol but instead spoke out of place and not only that asked us not to mention her name to Dr. Yelian when we were asking about the waivers! This seemed very odd.
The cost was 10 k for 2 mini ivf cycles and 2 transfers. It cost 1500 for an ERA cycle. It was 750 for any cycle (retrieval or transfer) for labs. We spent over 5 k on medications.
The doctor prefers to do single embryo transfer, his motto is 1 embryo and 1 baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
We just felt that the information given to us by Taylor, the coordinator, about our pre-retrieval cycle labs was misleading. Also, the clinic lost some labs we had sent over from another clinic and we had to resent these results again. During my last transfer cycle which happened after the ERA cycle, my chart had not been updated to state that this was a transfer cycle so the phlebotomist was confused due to the fact that my chart said ERA because this means different labs would have to be taken.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Life [IVF Center] is a very crowded clinic due to the low cost. The only way they can manage this is to have standardized procedures. You never see the doctor, and communicate via email with the nurses.... This is an IVF clinic that markets to diminished ovarian reserve patients, specializing in natural or minimal stimulation. The clinic doesn't seem to have as much experience with other types of treatment.... Life uses remote monitoring which is very convenient,
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Dr Yelian is a very nice man, but you never receive followup after the retrieval or an assessment of how the cycle went. There is not much of a feedback loop. For the first three cycles, he kept us on natural cycle. After asking about minimal stimulation, he did move us to Clomid cycles and one gonadotropin cycle, but other than that did not really reassess and change treatment based on the previous cycle. Following leaving Life, two other REs were of the opinion that Clomid, after your 40s, has an adverse effect that sometimes inhibits conceiving and can temporarily cause menopausal symptoms for 3 months, by changing or missing cycles. On the very first cycle with my new doctor, we used gonadotropins instead and I conceived.
To talk to a second and a third opinion, and to consider ovulation induction and/or IUI with gonadotropins instead of IVF.
Life is a very crowded clinic due to the low cost. The only way they can manage this is to have standardized procedures. You never see the doctor, and communicate via email with the nurses.
three natural cycle IVFs, two with clomid, and one with gonal F.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
The nurses are very organized and due to the sheer number of patients, rely on procedures. There are set times that lab tests and ultrasounds need to be submitted to the doctors when remote monitoring, and a set time that you can expect them to email you regarding the next days' order.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Life IVF Center.
Life uses remote monitoring which is very convenient, and there are many long distance patients that monitor close to their home and have lab tests and ultrasounds emailed to the clinic. You pay a monitoring fee of $600 per cycle.
$12000 for three minimal stimulation cycles or 11000 for three natural cycle.
None transferred.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
Dear to the sheer number of patients, oftentimes, Billing will followup regarding a bill that has already been paid.
Irvine

Treatment started [with Dr. Frank Yelian] trying to use wife's eggs, but quickly shifted to the recommendation that we purchase eggs from a donor. Eggs were frozen and all failed to developed after fertilization rather quickly. We were quite surprised as we were sold on the idea that we would get embryos... The doctor was quite busy. Wife and I consulted with him a couple of times in the beginning and then had to work with various assistants unless paying for a follow-up consultation with him, regardless of how long that took.
The big problem [with Life IVF] was with the frozen eggs, which failed to develop after fertilization. We asked via e-mail for a written report of the embryologist. Our request was ignored. He then wanted to sell us more eggs, but we refused because we could not trust their services or products. They do not take responsibility for your treatment after getting your money.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
The doctor was quite busy. Wife and I consulted with him a couple of times in the beginning and then had to work with various assistants unless paying for a follow-up consultation with him, regardless of how long that took. He was eager to sell us frozen eggs, none of which developed into embryos.
Buyer beware. We would not recommend using him.
Live IVF runs a very busy, factory-like operation, when we were under its care. One had to pay extra $ to "consult" with Dr. Yelian. The nurses and medical assistants were always quite busy. At the front desk one had to try hard to get their attention, in competition with phone calls and other anxious customers.
Treatment started trying to use wife's eggs, but quickly shifted to the recommendation that we purchase eggs from a donor. Eggs were frozen and all failed to developed after fertilization rather quickly. We were quite surprised as we were sold on the idea that we would get embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
One had to wait for a long time to see a nurse, and they were sometimes too bust to talk to you.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
Strength is a nice, professional-looking office. In the beginning, the office staff was nice. After you start the treatment, the staff tends to avoid you or, if that is not possible, the deal with you quickly and move on to the next customer.
About $17,000, which included $12,000 for just three frozen eggs. The rest of the money was for blood tests, various examinations, and doctor consultation fees.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
The big problem was with the frozen eggs, which failed to develop after fertilization. We asked via e-mail for a written report of the embryologist. Our request was ignored. He then wanted to sell us more eggs, but we refused because we could not trust their services or products. They do not take responsibility for your treatment after getting your money.

2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Frank Yelian] does not seem willing to deviate too far from the box with regard to treatment protocols. It seems like every patient is doing pretty much the same protocol but with tweaking to the dosage of medications. He did humor me once by letting me try a different priming method, which was my best responsive cycle. I also had to push to get additional bloodwork and testing done to rule out other issues that could have had an impact on my success. I learned after starting cycles with him that he would not allow medications when FSH levels were too high. There was one cycle when I started stims and at a subsequent monitoring appoin
[LIFE IVF center's] Strengths: Accepts all patients regardless of how dire their situations and cases are. Financial portion was well explained at the consult... Weaknesses: This place is way too busy and you feel like a number. The care didnt seem as individualized as it was portrayed to us at the consult. Doctors are not willing to try new or experimental techniques...Everything is pretty standard and they seem to use the "one size fits all" approach to treatment. Retrieval and transfer procedures seemed rushed especially when the "rest area beds" were full with patients. Patient
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Dr. Yelian seemed positive and gave me confidence in using my own eggs. But at the same time, I felt there was an air of arrogance and cockiness to him that he was sure he could get me pregnant. He does not seem willing to deviate too far from the box with regard to treatment protocols. It seems like every patient is doing pretty much the same protocol but with tweaking to the dosage of medications. He did humor me once by letting me try a different priming method, which was my best responsive cycle. I also had to push to get additional bloodwork and testing done to rule out other issues that could have had an impact on my success. I learned after starting cycles with him that he would not allow medications when FSH levels were too high. There was one cycle when I started stims and at a subsequent monitoring appointment he had me drop most of my medications because my FSH was higher than he liked. I know of other doctors that would continue the stims, and with this cycle I felt like had I continued stims I would have gotten more mature eggs. Overall, Dr. Yelian seems like a decent doctor if you are looking for a more natural or less medicated form of IVF. If you are someone with Diminished Ovarian Reserve, I would stay away because you just are not getting the number of eggs you should be getting by doing mini IVF.
Be your own advocate, challenge his treatment plans if something doesnt feel right or if you have questions or concerns.
At our initial consult, Dr. Yelian gave impression that treatment was tailored to each individual patient (i.e. no one size fits all approach would be used). However I felt like I was given the one size fits all by having birth control and estrogen priming prescribed, which only suppressed my response and I felt like I wasted a good amount of the cycles in my package with this. This clinic is very busy, they have what I think is too many patients for what they can handle. On retrieval and transfer days, I felt like I was rushed into the procedure room to get my procedure done, then I was left in a recliner to rest for a few minutes before I was told I could leave. They obviously had too many patients to accommodate in their clinic. With my negative pregnancy tests, another doctor (Dr. Kao) called and he was sympathetic yet I felt that Dr. Yelian should have had the decency to close out my case at his clinic. I'm not sure if its the norm to have a final "what happened?" appointment after all treatment unsuccessfully concluded, but I was never offered that or felt that this kind of dialog would be welcome at Life IVF.
If FSH is higher than 15-20, he will not let you use any stims, specifically Gonal-F (FSH). Sometimes he will allow Clomid only. He seems to use the same standard protocol with everyone: BCP or estrogen priming prior to cycle. Begin Clomid on day 3 every day until right before retrieval (dosage ranges from 25-50 mg). Begin Gonal-F on day 5, every other day for 4 dosages. Each dosage was 150 IU. If FSH levels are too high on day 3, no stims at all. If FSH levels are borderline, he will start you out on Clomid only, 25 mg (half a tablet).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
Nursing staff is primarily Chinese speaking, which is targeted to Life IVFs target patient base. I felt like most of the Chinese nurses did not communicate well with me. Most nurses were nice, but I got the feeling they did not care about the patients (my opinion is they are overrun with patients and this is why they seem this way). I looked to the nurses to help me with insurance pre-authorization, handling my prescriptions, and for any guidance with medication usage. Only one nurse was actually helpful to show me how to use medications and to give me more information so I could make a choice on medications for my transfer. Separate issue, but I felt that the doctor shouldve made the choice on the type of progesterone I should use, not give me the choice. Overall, some nurses were incompetent (seemed to just play around while at work) while some went the extra mile for me.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
Strengths: Accepts all patients regardless of how dire their situations and cases are. Financial portion was well explained at the consult, with all the treatment costs and packages explained in great detail. It was very clear how much things would cost at this clinic. Dr. Yelian seems to show compassion and has a good bedside manner. Weaknesses: This place is way too busy and you feel like a number. The care didnt seem as individualized as it was portrayed to us at the consult. Doctors are not willing to try new or experimental techniques. Everything is pretty standard and they seem to use the "one size fits all" approach to treatment. Retrieval and transfer procedures seemed rushed especially when the "rest area beds" were full with patients. Patients walk from recliner "bed" to the procedure room for retrievals and transfers, have the procedure done with no anesthesia, and then need to walk back to their "bed". I felt like I was not given enough bedrest after procedures, especially the transfer procedures. You never see a doctor during monitoring. Emails are sent to you after each monitoring appointment with continued instructions for treatment plan. I was lucky to see Dr. Yelian on the day of my retrievals and transfers, but I didnt always see him. Sometimes the other doctors would be there in his absence.
We were offered a Risk Share, Money Back plan of 5 retrievals, 5 transfers for $25,000. This included all monitoring ultrasounds and labs, and the first pregnancy test. Medications were not included.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
My first retrieval I was called around day 7-9 to say my hormone levels were indicating I would ovulate soon and I needed to get back in the clinic to have my retrieval done ASAP. I told the nurse that I was at work, in a class that I had to attend for the next 2 hours and I wouldnt be able to return until later in the afternoon. My husband also had the same time restrictions. They called me back 30 minutes later to say, oh nevermind, just make a monitoring appointment for 2 days later. I was panicked when the first call came in, and then was utterly confused with the second call. Looking at my hormone levels, it made no sense for the doctor to go to retreival that cycle. In the end, they got no eggs even though they asipirated 3 follicles. I was not given any confidence in this clinic after this cycle, and it was hard ever even getting the confidence back for my remaining cycles. We were stuck there for 5 cycles since we opted to do a risk share (money back) plan and had signed a contract.
2010 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Good if you want natural cycles or are older...I think he [Dr. Yelian] is good at explaining.... He doesn' t try an advanced techniques or new ideas on the cutting edge. Doesn't work with immunological concerns. He will treat older patients and patients with diminshed reserve but he doesn't give an accurate impression of your chances nor does he fully help in terms of getting where you want to go.
the office [Life IVF] was run like factory and the financial person was not very understanding ...factory like you need to understand all their processes and protocols so you can maximize your time there and understand how you can get through it quicker. I am not sure if the lab was any good and if they were good at reading ultrasounds and tracking your case...A lot of different nurses more assembly line
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Good if you want natural cycles or are older. Less expensive. Only does one thing and maybe not so flexible. I think he is good at explaining however he acts as if there is a good chance. Also, I am not sure if the lab is that good. He doesn' t try an advanced techniques or new ideas on the cutting edge. Doesn't work with immunological concerns. He will treat older patients and patients with diminshed reserve but he doesn't give an accurate impression of your chances nor does he fully help in terms of getting where you want to go. He is more of a one pony show or whatever the expression is.
Don't expect full service. Guide your own treatment. Only work with him if his one standard protocol is what would work for you in your condition. Be sure to ask for him to come in to do your ultrasounds. Try to get him to level with you fairly on chances. Research the lab to determine if it is up to paar.
He was very hopeful and like to tell a lot of success stories. ON the other hand the office was run like factory and the financial person was not very understanding although the Dr was more sympathetic.
He does natural cycles and mini cycles for people who do not respond well to FSH and other fertility drugs. or who are older and would do equally as well with minimum stimulation. He does use clomid regularly however. He also triggers using lupron not just HCh or will double trigger which is good for women who are older and do not respond well to the hormone because their levels are so high already.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
A lot of different nurses more assembly line
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
He prefers single. which I agreed with. I was mad at drs who insisted on multiple transfer for their own success and numbers

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
This clinic [LIFE IVF Center] is a last-ditch stop for women with DOR or POF to use their own eggs. There really aren't many other options out there...Be your own advocate! This is the most disorganized fertility office I have been to...You never communicated with the same staff, and they do not answer about 50% of their emails. Some are not native English speakers, which is fine and of course is common in CA, and are extremely difficult to communicate with over the phone. I had 4 egg retrieval cycles and one transfer, and every cycle had an annoying communication error.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
This clinic is a last-ditch stop for women with DOR or POF to use their own eggs. There really aren't many other options out there.
Office very disorganized and I had to manage my own case each cycle
Mini-IVF
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
Poor communication. You never see Dr. Y unless it is in a procedure room. Whenever you talk with any of the doctors, they dismiss your concerns.
3 mini cycles are about $13,000, including ICSI, excluding monitoring. Cycle management frustration is included gratis. :)