7.3

3500 Barranca Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92606
949-788-1133

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Yelian himself was very kind, listened, allowed us to tell our story and validated us...He explained his suggestions clearly and was able to provide solid statistics...he said typically they put in a single embryo for the first one and I believe would re-evaluate if that doesn't work...On Day 3 of my cycle, I started by taking Chlomid and 50 mg 1 x per day and Gonal F 75 units 1 x per day for 6 days. On day 7, I returned to the clinic for a blood and transvaginal ultrasound. My medication was then tweaked...Egg retrieval was scheduled for 2 days later and I was provided instructions on what to eat/drink the morning of
the nurse[ of Life IVF Center] sat with us and explained the various options for medication, where we could purchase them online for less money, as well as purchasing them in their office directly or calling medication into our local pharmacy...Typically a mini IVF is between $14-16 K. We were lucky to be granted a promotional package for $10,000 to do all the services in their new location in Arcadia...Each time I've emailed to ask a question, I get a very quick response.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Dr. Yelian took the time to listen to our story without interrupting and truly listened. It felt very validating to be able to explain our journey. He said that with every appointment, we could see him if we wanted to, but that we might just have to wait longer. He explained his suggestions clearly and was able to provide solid statistics, which my husband who is in the science and medical field really appreciated. He was very nice and warm. We really liked meeting with him the couple of times we did.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
I would tell a person who is going to see Dr. Yelian to releax and that Dr. Yelian has a lot of experience in Mild Stimulation IVF so he's trustworthy. I'd suggest to write down all your questions incase you get nervous in the moment and can't remember them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
From the first email inquiry, the new patient coordinator was super friendly, prompt and thorough in her responses. On the first visit, the new patient coordinator welcomed us and walked us to the main office, whcih is only across the hall, but it was a really nice touch to have them accompany us. Throughout the appointment, they checked in with us to let us know what step was next. That first evaluation visit, we met with about 5 different people in person and they were all aware of what the person before them talked about. I was super impressed that they just had us move through a very organized process. Dr. Yelian himself was very kind, listened, allowed us to tell our story and validated us. It was a great experience.
Describe the protocols Frank Yelian used in your cycles at Life IVF Center and their degree of success.
The nurse met with us to go over our treatment strategy. They were very detailed and precise of dosages to take and when to come in for monitoring. On Day 3 of my cycle, I started by taking Chlomid and 50 mg 1 x per day and Gonal F 75 units 1 x per day for 6 days. On day 7, I returned to the clinic for a blood and transvaginal ultrasound. My medication was then tweaked to: continue Clomid 50 mg, Gonal F 75 units, and added Provera 1 x per day for 4 days. I took this combo for 3 more days before returning to the clinic. I continued to take the Clomid and Gonal and Provera adn thbut added a few more injections 2 days before my egg retrieval. The added medicatioins were: Ganirelix Acetate 125 mg (they gave this to me in the clinic), Menopur 150 units injected, Pregnyl/Novarel JCG 2000 units and Lupron/Acetate, 30 units. All of the injetions listed above had a very specific time I had to give them. Egg retrieval was scheduled for 2 days later and I was provided instructions on what to eat/drink the morning of. I was given 1 valium and 1 Norco to take the morning of the egg retrieval. I was given the option to be sedated if I wanted to, but they said many people can handle the pain, so I opted to do it with just the pain pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Life IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: there are several that reply)
There are several different nurses and the entire process works like clockwork. On the first visit, the nurse sat with us and explained the various options for medication, where we could purchase them online for less money, as well as purchasing them in their office directly or calling medication into our local pharmacy. They took the time to explain the process, as a follow up to meeting with Dr. Yelian, which was comforting to hear the exact same thing repeated, so they worked with each other to relay information, signaling strong communication. The nurse also showed how to use the injections and had a sample shot so we understood how to do them. They are also very responsive to emails. The only things I was dissapointed in was when we messed up one of the trigger shots 2 days before the egg retrieval and tried to call the after hours/emergency #. There was not an answer and we did not hear back for 2-3 hours. We were quite concerned, as it was the weekend and wasn't sure if it was going to mess everything up. Thankfully, when they did get back to us, they said it was ok and not to worry. Other than that, they have been great and prompt with calling you back and moving you along.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
We did the Mini IVF, which this place specializes in because we didn't want all the hormones and injections associated with traditional IVF. The facility itself is nice and clean and this place runs like clockwork! You can tell from the moment you get there that this is their expertise because they They have a very organized process. All new patients are seen in one office (just across the hall from the main office), which is where you do all the initial testing, evaluation (my favorite part was the fancy bidet toilet! ha) Then, they personally walk you over across the hall which is a really nice touch, where you wait before seeing Dr. Yelian. After meeting with the Dr. They have you go back to the waiting room. We then met with the nurse who explained everything to us, down to what medications can be purchased online vs. from their office directly and the pros/cons. They then took us to sit with the billing department who went over in detail the cost of everything. Again, they took the time to listen, answered questions in detail and were very nice. The monitoring appointments were great, and I experience the same organization each appointment as I did on my first visit. Each time I've emailed to ask a question, I get a very quick response. I was a bit nervous for the egg retrieval, but the staff made me feel really comfortable and the recovery chair and blanket were super cozy!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center.
Typically a mini IVF is between $14-16 K. We were lucky to be granted a promotional package for $10,000 to do all the services in their new location in Arcadia. However, due to Covid, we wound up doing most appoiintments in their Irvine location.
Describe Frank Yelian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Life IVF Center.
If I remember correctly, he said typically they put in a single embryo for the first one and I believe would re-evaluate if that doesn't work.
Irvine

I have one frozen blastocyst that I plan on transferring [with Dr. Yelian]. I feel fortunate to have even gotten this far after 5 IVF cycles...I had my consultation with Dr. Yelian and then had my egg retrieval performed by him. He was available to answer any questions or concerns that I had. Very responsive, polite and informative. I appreciated that Dr. Yelian believed that we could still keep trying with our own eggs...was very kind and easy to talk to.
I was flying into Irvine from Oakland for treatment [at Life IVF Center] so the staff was very accommodating with my flight times...My appointments were never with the same nurses. It was a very efficient office and I appreciated the ease of making appointments and getting information about my course of treatment and answers to any questions I may have had...I went through two other clinics before coming to Life IVF so knew what to expect with an IVF cycle. I appreciated the direct approach and efficiency of this clinic. If you are looking for more hand-holding from a fertility clinic then this might not be a good first choice. Dr. Yelian was very kind and easy to talk to. The other Doctors in the clinic were also very respectful and encouraging. I've had a positive experience with this clinic and the Doctors.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Life IVF is a very high throughput fertility clinic. After my experience with two prior clinics I felt that I was confident being my own advocate and be able to maneuver my way through the fertility treatment gauntlet on my own with minimal "hand-holding". I had an initial consultation over the phone with Dr. Yelian before beginning the agreed upon treatment. As soon as my cycle began, I called in and the appropriate appointments were scheduled. I was flying into Irvine from Oakland for treatment so the staff was very accommodating with my flight times. I would go and check in for my appointment. A nurse would see me for a blood draw and then another nurse would take care of my ultrasound. Afterwards, I could wait at the clinic to find out the results of my appointment or wait to receive my email with my updated medication protocol after a Dr had reviewed the results. My appointments were never with the same nurses. It was a very efficient office and I appreciated the ease of making appointments and getting information about my course of treatment and answers to any questions I may have had.
I went through 3 mini-IVF protocol at Life IVF. Cycle 1: Clomid 50 mg CD2-CD10 Menopur 150 IU CD6, CD8, CD10 HCG 2000 units CD111 Trigger: Lupron 30 units CD 11 Egg Retrieval CD12 Retrieved 2 eggs, both fertilized but did not make it to freeze at day 3 Cycle 2: Clomid 50 mg CD2-CD8 Gonal F 150 IU CD4, CD6 Trigger: Lupron 30 units CD8 Egg Retrieval CD10 Retrieved 1 egg, fertilized and made it to blastocyte and froze Cycle 3: Clomid 50 mg CD3-CD7 Gonal F 150 IU CD4, CD6 Trigger: Lupron 30 units CD7 Egg Retrieval CD9 Retrieved 2 eggs, fertilized but did not make it to freeze at day 5
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
The nursing staff at Life IVF was truly phenomenal. They were incredibly kind and thoughtful and respectful. I had a few minor tearful incidences and they would just stop what they were doing and help console and me and encourage me to be positive. I really appreciated their optimism and compassion. They were really wonderful to interact with.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
This clinic is very busy and I haven't had any issues with getting appointments when I need them or rescheduling. It's an incredibly efficient office and I appreciate that everyone has a role/a job and they're all doing their part to ensure that the patient is getting the best care that they can get. I feel that everyone is very respectful and accommodating. I did have an issue in the beginning when I had all my medical records transferred to Life IVF and wasn't informed that I needed additional information until I showed up for my first appointment. I appreciated that they worked with me to resolve it and there was no need for me to get stressed out over it. When even the smallest issue arises during the fertility treatment process you sometimes feel like everything is falling apart. The office assured me that obtaining the correct records would not be an issue and I could still begin my first treatment cycle.
One of the most propelling reasons that drew me to Life IVF was the cost of the IVF cycles. I was able to undergo 3 mini-IVF cycles for a base cost of ~$13,000. Every cycle incurred an additional $750 cycle management fee (x 3 cycles) The cost of my medication was minimal as I had a lot of medication still left over from previous cycles. For the price of approximately 1 IVF cycle in the bay area, I was able to have 3 mini-IVF cycles done in Irvine. The cost of flights per each cycle averaged about $1000 per cycle (x 3)
I have one frozen blastocyst that I plan on transferring as soon as I feel physically and mentally prepared for the process. I feel fortunate to have even gotten this far after 5 IVF cycles.
Irvine

He [Dr. Yelian] knows his job, i feel in safe hands with him. He is very confident. It’s my first cycle with him, and i trust him on every step we do in this journey. ... I am only to start my stims, so nothing to tell about IVF protocols. We did one natural cycle with trigger shot and timed intercourse. Dr Y insisted on retrieving the one follicle i had saying that can be my only chance to get pregnant. I didn’t agree. And then i felt like they made me trigger and closed this page pf history. ...
They [nursing staff] failed to get my lab results from lab even when my lab sent it three times. .... They didn’t. And i couldn’t start my stims. ... As an outside monitoring patient it is very stressful for me to make sure the nursing team is on the same page with me. ... Arcadia [Life IVF] location front desk ladies are helpful. The lab tech Rosa is amazing i wish she was my nurse, we is always caring and helpful with anything she can do.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
He knows his job, i feel in safe hands with him. He is very confident. It’s my first cycle with him, and i trust him on every step we do in this journey. He doesn’t explain you much, not risks nor expectations, but somehow he makes you believe in his success in your case.
Ask questions, insist on getting answers. But also trust him.
He took his time to listen to me. He is not much talkative, but i felt like he will do anything to help me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
They failed to get my lab results from lab even when my lab sent it three times. I called them all day asking to call lab to find out why they don’t getting fax. They didn’t. And i couldn’t start my stims. They failed to upload my test and ultrasound results on my portal. Need to call them 100 of times to make them work. If you won’t push them, you will lose your time and money.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
Arcadia location front desk ladies are helpful. The lab tech Rosa is amazing i wish she was my nurse, we is always caring and helpful with anything she can do. The nurse of Arcadia location is a disaster: she can’t answer simple questions, she can’t explain you the process. The strength of the clinic is Dr Yelian and the embryology lab. The weakness is it’s nursing team with the behavior like they don’t care for you. If you can advocate for yourself, if you can push them to work, so you will have success with the amazing Dr Yelian.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
As an outside monitoring patient it is very stressful for me to make sure the nursing team is on the same page with me. You need to call them on every step they need to do to be sure they will do that step. I will absolutely go to Dr Yelian again.
Irvine

Dr Yelian is very caring and friendly. You can tell he cares about you. Even in passing he’ll stop and put a hand on your shoulder and say hello. My first egg retrieval was done by Dr Yelian and it went smoothly. ... Dr Yelian visited with us personally twice, once before we started IVF and again before our second retrieval. ... We decided that transferring both would be the best.
Monitoring appointments seemed to be very organized. I can usually get in at anytime I want in the morning. I am always called in within 10-15 min of arriving. T ... Most of the nurses and ultrasound techs [Life IVF Center] are very nice and caring. One in particular is not very gentle when it comes to doing the ultrasound, which I understand can be uncomfortable but I told her it was painful and she just kept on without changing anything. Most everyone in the office are very nice.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Dr Yelian is very caring and friendly. You can tell he cares about you. Even in passing he’ll stop and put a hand on your shoulder and say hello. My first egg retrieval was done by Dr Yelian and it went smoothly. My second one was done by a different Doctor and that was not a pleasant experience. I personally think Dr Yelian is the best. Also watching him interact with other patients in passing.. he is caring to each one.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Dr Yelian visited with us personally twice, once before we started IVF and again before our second retrieval. When we see him in passing he always stops to say Hello. Most of the nurses and ultrasound techs are very nice and caring. One in particular is not very gentle when it comes to doing the ultrasound, which I understand can be uncomfortable but I told her it was painful and she just kept on without changing anything. Most everyone in the office are very nice.
My first round I took a half a pill of clomid for 4 days and had two trigger shots. One of Lupron and one of Gonal F I believe. That resulted in 2 small eggs, neither of which were viable. My second round. I took Clomid and multiple injections for several days. I do not remember exactly what all the names & the doses were. That one resulted in 3 eggs being retrieved. Two of which were fertilized and made it to Day 3 of culturing and are now frozen and waiting for transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
The nurses are all very sweet and nice. I wrote earlier about one of the ultrasound techs not being very gentle or caring, that is the only bad experience I have had in the office.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
There are a lot of people going on and out all the time. The clinic itself runs really well I think. They all know what they are doing and get it done. Expect to wait several hours and do not ever leave without speaking to the nurse beforehand!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Life IVF Center.
Monitoring appointments seemed to be very organized. I can usually get in at anytime I want in the morning. I am always called in within 10-15 min of arriving. The wait to speak to the nurse about the treatment plan usually takes quite a bit longer, which isn’t ideal but with the amount of patients it is understandable.
Initial phone consultation: $150 2 egg retrieval package: around $10,000 Medications range a lot Clomid for first cycle:$4.00 Lupron I had to buy in San Francisco $800 Last egg retrieval round: over $1,000 for medication Monitoring fee for each separate round: $750
We decided that transferring both would be the best.
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Yelian is personable and he is optimistic by nature and truly wants you to succeed....Dr. Yelian is the expert in treating sever DOR ladies (high FSH, low AMH). He is creative in his treatment plans and he seldom gives up (cancels cycle) on his patients. He is optimistic by nature and truly believes that every egg can be the golden one and will go for every egg he can get, which is very important in the case of DOR ladies. He creates individualize treatment plans base on your ultrasound result
The clinic [Life IVF has a great lab, which is important in the success of IVF outcome...The clinic also offers low price packages, which makes it possible for severe DOR ladies to find success, as most will need a few IVF cycles to get enough embryos to transfer. It's a busy clinic and you don't get your own nurse. The service you get corresponds to the price you pay...Most of the nurses are very nice and organized but sometimes they can be frustrating to work with.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Dr. Yelian is the expert in treating sever DOR ladies (high FSH, low AMH). He is creative in his treatment plans and he seldom gives up (cancels cycle) on his patients. He is optimistic by nature and truly believes that every egg can be the golden one and will go for every egg he can get, which is very important in the case of DOR ladies. He creates individualize treatment plans base on your ultrasound result and hormonal levels but as a patient you need to stay on top of the details and be there to remind him of your histories as it's a busy clinic and they have a lot of patients.
Trust and rely on his expertise but also stay on top of things, voice your concern if the treatment plan does not make sense base on your understanding of your history.
Dr. Yelian is one of the few Drs. who knows how to treat sever DOR ladies. A lot of the patients went to Dr. Yelain as last resort as most Drs do not know how to treat ladies with high FSH and would have told them donor egg is the only hope. Dr. Yelian would test your baseline FSH and E2 and will prescribe stimulation if your FSH is lower than 15. If your FSH is high, he may give you estrace or bcp to lower the FSH so to allow follicle(s) to grow. I was able to successfully bank embryos under his protocols.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
The clinic has a great lab, which is important in the success of IVF outcome. Dr. Yelain is talented at treating tough case patients and does not give up on his patients easily. The clinic also offers low price packages, which makes it possible for severe DOR ladies to find success, as most will need a few IVF cycles to get enough embryos to transfer. It's a busy clinic and you don't get your own nurse. The service you get corresponds to the price you pay.
Life clinic offers low costs package. A three cycle mini IVF package is around $15K and a three cycle natural IVF package is around $12K.
Dr. Yelain will only transfer up to two embryos at a time. His motto is to help his patient has one healthy baby at a time so he tries his best to avoid high risk pregnancies.
Irvine

Dr. Yelian is very excited about the science of IVF and ready to explain every detail. It really seems to be a passion. He's confident, but also practical. I wanted facts, I wanted to know what could be done, how and when. He could give all the answers and answers for what ifs.... I did three mini-IVF cycles in a row, but had started four cycles.... With the exception of one, all my cycles were based solely on my natural cycle and did not include taking injections or birth control to get on a schedule convenient to the clinic.
Almost all of the nursing staff and staff [at Live IVF] in general is exceptionally nice, kind and thorough.... The clinic is very busy and I'm not able to see the doctors often.... Life IVF's patients are almost all "hard" cases for other clinics. If you are of advanced age, have DOR and/or high FSH, they are ideal. It's what they are dealing with all day, everyday-- you won't be a problem patient.... My three mini cycle package was a similar price to one full cycle at another local clinic.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Dr. Yelian is very excited about the science of IVF and ready to explain every detail. It really seems to be a passion. He's confident, but also practical. I wanted facts, I wanted to know what could be done, how and when. He could give all the answers and answers for what ifs. I like to read studies on Fertstert and I wanted someone who could discuss them with me. His scholarly background makes him a good fit for anyone approaching this as science and research. He also framed the answers in a positive way and recognized the importance of this. Another doctor had said you only have a 5% chance of a live birth as a dismissal of trying. Dr. Yelian estimated a similar percent as a positive -- you still have a 5% chance of a live birth. It's subtle, but important. I liken it to finding out you are diagnosed with a terrible disease-- I want the doctor that says, I can help you fight this, it's hard but we have these options, you have a 5% chance. I don't want the doctor that says you only have a 5% chance of survival, why bother? Dr. Yelian combines both science and compassion. I had hoped to have more appointments where I saw him. At this clinic, you will only see the doctor for your consultation, for your first appointment with the clinic, for retrievals and transfers. Theoretically, you can make additional appointments for a fee, but this is downplayed when you actually try to do it.
You should be prepared to keep track of everything and ask a lot of questions. You won't get many opportunities to talk to the doctor, so you will want to be fully prepared for every chance you get.
The clinic is very busy and I'm not able to see the doctors often, but when I have talked to them they seem to understand how this is important and emotional. I met with two previous doctors at other clinics who didn't seem to understand that not being able to have a child is upsetting. I don't feel like with Dr. Yelian that his success rates are more important than me.
I did three mini-IVF cycles in a row, but had started four cycles. I then have started two FET, only one of which progressed to a transfer, which was negative. My FSH is high, my AMH is low and I am old. I was 39 when I started, 40 now. The theory on mini-IVF is that I was not going to produce many eggs regardless of how much medication I used because my FSH was already high, further stimulation wasn't going to do much. However, by doing three cycles each with less eggs collected, I could end up with a similar number of eggs to a standard cycle. My first attempt at a cycle was cancelled the first week as I already had a lead follicle. The thought was, this could be normal for me or it could be an off cycle. If we wait a month and it is the same, we're essentially in the same place, but maybe by waiting a month it would be better. Fortunately, it was a little better the next month. I was sad, but appreciated the practical approach. My first cycle to progress used clomid daily, Menopur every other day and a trigger with Lupron. I did not prime before. I had two eggs from six follicles, which was disappointing that day, but both made it to 5 day and were frozen. At the end of the cycle, I realized two from two is amazing. My second cycle used clomid daily and Follistim every other day with a double trigger. Because the first cycle had resulted in only two, the second was a change just to see if it worked better. I was to take 10 days of BCP, but started my period after 7 days, even on the BCP. I had four eggs from five follicles, but only two made it through the first day. Only one made it to 5 day and freeze. I then skipped one month because my cycle put my retrieval right in the middle of their week closed for the holidays. My third cycle was clomid daily, Gonal F every other day. I did not prime before. I triggered with just the Lupron. I had three eggs, two of which survived the first day and made it to day 5 to freeze. My first FET cycle I used estradiol, lots of it, then threw in tamoxifen for 10 days. There was not priming before, it followed my natural cycle. My lining wouldn't get above 7.6 at cd20 and the doctor decided to transfer because it seemed to be as good as it would get. My pregnancy test was negative, not even a chemical. My second FET cycle I used lots of estradiol, tamoxifen for 9 days and had an endometrial biopsy. I had more follicles growing, all of similar size than I had on any of my retrieval cycles, I regret not being able to switch it to a retrieval. My lining was 7.8 at cd14, and we tried going through the weekend to see if it would thicken. At some point over the weekend I ovulated and the cycle was cancelled. The plan is my next FET cycle would follow the protocol of the second, but transfer at cd14 and not risk going longer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
Almost all of the nursing staff and staff in general is exceptionally nice, kind and thorough. I think with any workplace there will be a couple that are less pleasant or that you encounter on an off day. I had been warned by another patient that the staff wouldn't be friendly, but I found everyone friendly and warm, just also efficient. You won't be seeing the same people each time and they see a lot of patients, so while I felt I was familiar to everyone after my second cycle, I didn't expect them or need them to know much in the way of details about me. When some did I was pleasantly surprised. Of all my visits, and I have been there a lot, I've only had three instances of a not completely pleasant interaction -- and none of them were problems that would affect the results of the cycle.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
Life IVF's patients are almost all "hard" cases for other clinics. If you are of advanced age, have DOR and/or high FSH, they are ideal. It's what they are dealing with all day, everyday-- you won't be a problem patient. I sort of feel like no matter how awful my numbers are, I don't scare them. It makes treatment more promising and waiting in the waiting room more pleasant... at 40 I'm never the oldest there. Considering the patients, I think their success rates are amazing. The clinic's emphasis is on the least amount of drugs/procedures/extras to make IVF as minimally invasive and as easy time management-wise as possible. If you are uncomfortable with the sheer amount of medication involved in a cycle elsewhere, Life would be ideal. They just don't do the everything and the kitchen sink style cycle. Retrievals can be done without anesthesia. I had read other patients posting that they did retrieval completely drug free, so I tried my first cycle and I highly recommend Norco and Valium. It wasn't the most awful experience of my life, but some pain killers made it so much more manageable the second time. Anesthesia is an option if you'd prefer. With the exception of one, all my cycles were based solely on my natural cycle and did not include taking injections or birth control to get on a schedule convenient to the clinic. It was important to me to know that I would not be cancelled if I had even a little chance. Other clinics cancel if you don't have lots of follicles, Life advocates "it only takes one". If you only have one or two and want to proceed, they will and if you feel a moment of panic and consider canceling, they will reassure you without pressuring you, either. Almost all information will come through emails with great brevity. I almost always would like more information and sooner... but the information that you need always arrives in time (just not as immediately as my anxiousness would occasionally like). I don't think this clinic would be a good option if you want to feel you are being guided and hand held. In general, I feel that the pain involved in all aspects of a cycle is slightly underestimated by the nurses and doctors. I am tough, but, goodness. Last cycle I learned that an endometrial biopsy is much more painful than a pap smear (which it was presented as being just like). If I started over with them again, I'd very much like to feel confident asking for painkillers and valium before procedures. Once I said I was interested in them, they are happy to advise and proscribe without making you feel weak.
I'm uncomfortable giving numbers, we're asked not to. My three mini cycle package was a similar price to one full cycle at another local clinic. Monitoring is in addition to the package price, as are medications. At this point, three retreival cycles and two transfer cycles, with medications and monitoring I am over 20,000 and under 30,000. I did not use PGS.
Life IVF is very strongly pro eSET. Because I am older, I felt transferring at least two would be reasonable and they agreed to it while cautioning that it is not their recommendation. (I ended up doing eSET)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
My second cycle, the day before my retrieval I received a call informing me they had followed my directions and cancelled my retrieval. It was a message left on my cell phone, I was at work, working retail (no access to cell phone during work) and did not receive the message until late afternoon. I did not hold myself together well and was near hysterical (okay, hysterical). I had a hard time getting through to the desk which made it more upsetting. In the end, it was an error of confusing two patients, sort of. Another woman had called in and left a message that she would like to cancel her cycle, but we must have enough overlapping identifying characteristics (first name? date of birth? I don't know) that I was called instead. That was upsetting, but understandable. I was more upset about it in that they didn't try my work number or my partner's number both also listed on my records. I understand that the confusion could happen, but why not try to resolve it, rather than leaving a sad scary message. I was able to keep my retrieval appointment and everything went okay. The clinic does not call in your prescriptions. They give you a written prescription or you purchase there. My pharmacy wanted to verify before filling my prescription, which was chaos. I suggest purchasing through the clinic. It's easier and it seemed to be reasonably priced.
Irvine

What I liked most about Dr. Yelian was his approach not to do conventional IVF for someone over 40. He does mini IVF and natural IVF. We did natural IVF, where it just follows my natural cycle. We were going to try minimal stim but my cycles became too irregular. To regulate them, I went on birth control, but then that made my FSH through the roof, and he suggested I take a break...He's wonderful, and he has a very busy practice. He's limited on time, but I felt taken care of throughout. He's very kind and compassionate, and has had great success. He was realistic about my chances, while remaining encouraging. He's very knowledgeable and I would recommend him.
Because it's a busy clinic, don't expect serenity or a "spa-like" experience I've hear about other places. But it's quality care at an affordable price. Right now, I'm looking at donor eggs, and the expense is unbelievable! I wish I could work with Yelian with their donors, but I can't choose that path because it's anonymous...the only reason I can no longer work with him is that their egg donor program is anonymous, and I don't think that's a wise move on my part. I want the donor to be open to being contacted down the road
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Avoid Dr. Lee C. Kao, and request you never work with him.
Dr. Yelian is a warm, sweet man. I've moved onto needing egg donation, and the only reason I can no longer work with him is that their egg donor program is anonymous, and I don't think that's a wise move on my part. I want the donor to be open to being contacted down the road. Dr. Lee C. Kao is AWFUL! No bedside manner and rude, and he did my consultation. After that experience, I asked Dr. Yelian to make sure I never work with him again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
Yelian has a very large team, and they're on it. They took whatever time I needed to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
The lab is great according to the women who have worked with Yelian (and who are pregnant/have children with his help). The challenge for me is that I live in SF and he's in Orange County, so that was inconvenient. Because it's a busy clinic, don't expect serenity or a "spa-like" experience I've hear about other places. But it's quality care at an affordable price. Right now, I'm looking at donor eggs, and the expense is unbelievable! I wish I could work with Yelian with their donors, but I can't choose that path because it's anonymous.
$6,000, which is why I wish I could work with him again. Now, I'm looking at ~$40,000. :(

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
I was initially a bit overwhelmed by the high volume of patients[at Life IVF] that obviously go through the clinic (the waiting room can seem a bit like an airline terminal on busy days!) but it has turned out to benefit me because they have an in-house blood lab because of their high volume...There are a lot of nurses and I came in a lot and always seemed to see a different one.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Dr. Yelian is super busy, but it's because of his success and because he is so well known for being the best doctor to go see if you have high FSH. People travel from all over the world to see him. I am caucasian and was almost always the only non-asian in the waiting room as many of his patients are chinese. There are usually many patients with their suitcases as well. Despite the high throughput I found the office to be well run and have had a very positive experience there. Because he sees so many patients you have to pay $75 to see him after your initial consultation (except for when you have transfers and retrievals) but having him call you is free and he always called when I asked and did not make me feel rushed. He is very personable and honest and he is really compelling and enthusiastic in his monthly seminars for prospective patients. I was really impressed at the seminar, and my experience with him after many months of treatment with him has lived up to that.
Go see his seminar, you won't be disappointed! If you have DOR or high FSH, no other doctor can compare.
Dr Yelian treats thousands of women each year so it's inevitable that he cannot remember each one individually. That said, I have a bit of an unusual case so he does remember me but no matter what I think he treats his patients well and is a kind and caring doctor who really wants to help people get pregnant. He is super busy because of his success with DOR/POF/high FSH patients but he always took the time to call me when I requested it and if a cycle was cancelled and always asked if I had any questions about my treatment. I don't think he turns anyone away for treatment but I think it's because he wants to give everyone their best chance, not because he wants the money.
Dr Yelian specializes in natural cycle and minimal stimulation IVF and most of his clients have DOR, POF, high FSH, and/or are in their 40s or beyond. He mostly uses estrogen and birth control pills to treat his patients and the goal is to produce "one good egg" (his mantra) each cycle. So your cycle won't be cancelled if you only have one follicle. :) My FSH was 136 and Dr Yelian tried several different protocols of natural cycle IVF on me, and despite being in premature menopause and age 41 I actually grew follicles after a few tries and he retrieved a mature egg which successfully fertilized. Those of you with POF (premature ovarian failure) will recognize how amazing this is. The cycle that worked, I was just on birth control pills, that's it! After about 34 days on the pill my FSH was suppressed enough that my follicles grew. I had my transfer last week and even if I don't get a positive pregnancy test, I am still grateful for Dr Yelian's help in getting this far, and we can always try again. :)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
The nurses work in team mode (you are not assigned one point of contact) which can lead to disjointed communication when you speak with a different nurse each time you call or go into the office. It all seemed to work out fine in the end, though. There are a lot of nurses and I came in a lot and always seemed to see a different one. :) I did get to know the ultrasound techs and blood drawing technicians as there were only a few of those. Overall, my experience was fine and they were always polite and professional.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
I was initially a bit overwhelmed by the high volume of patients that obviously go through the clinic (the waiting room can seem a bit like an airline terminal on busy days!) but it has turned out to benefit me because they have an in-house blood lab because of their high volume so they do monitoring from 7am (I think, I never went that early!) to 2pm, even on Saturdays. For me, afternoons worked best so I would go in at 1:45pm for monitoring and they would have the results one hour later (it's one hour processing no matter what time you go). I think most other clinics have only morning monitoring times and very limited hours on Saturdays. It's a busy place but it really does run smoothly, I have been impressed!
I paid about $5,000 for one natural cycle IVF cycle. It would have been $12,000 for three cycles but we decided to just pay for one.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
One time they faxed in my prescription but the pharmacy didn't get it, I called and the nurses said they had been having trouble with their fax machine and they re-faxed it. It turned out fine but I do wish someone had double-checked to make sure it went through in the first place! :)

2015, Successful
I love that I didn't have to take birth control before starting my cycle, went right into stimming and I was on my lowest dosages of clomid 50mg and Gonal F lowest dosages and every other day, I'm not going to lie I didn't think it would work since I was on the max of both when doing iui's at my primary doctors office. But on my first ultrasound after starting swimming it was actually working and normally I stimmed for about 14 days or more I only stimmed for 9 days before triggering for retrieval. I produced 4 follicles and I was a rare and hard patient to retrieve because my ovary is far up and back, my retrieval was done abdominally and 3 out of the 4 follicles had eggs, 2 eggs were mature and fertilized with icsi, they both made it to 5 day blasts and were frozen. Following cycle was on 1 estrace (estrogen pill) daily and progesterone oil injections nightly and to my surprise my transfer was sooner than they expected and it went smoothly.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
From the 1st phone consult I knew Dr Yelian was the one for us, despite ivf being our on,y option to conceive after being told by our primary physician that my husband and I would never conceive with his sperm or my eggs, it was like a breath of fresh air when Dr Yelian assured us that we would be prefect candidates for mini ivf. He explained thoroughly how mini ivf works and the benefits also why we should do icsi and assisted hatching and hope was all we needed. Dr Yelian conducted my transfer and it was fast, detailed and painless, also I took no medicine for transfer.... Dr Yelian showed and explained every step before and during each step of transfer. Dr Yelian was always open for questions or concerns and had prompt responses. I truly appreciate how he made my husband and I feel like the only patients and always up to date on where we were in our cycle without us having to back track to catch him up. We felt special and important and that made our cycle easy and stress free.
Listen and follow his instructions even tho you may feel different. Dr Yelian really knows what he is talking about and doing and there is a reason for whatever instructions you are given by him. I thought for sure I would never produce eggs on my lowest dosages of fertility medicine but I produced more than with my highest dosages from my primary doctors.
Each staff member from check in to the doctors were all compassionate and knowledgeable and tended to all my needs
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
The nursing staff was my extended family, you see them so much and they communicate with you daily regarding protocol and checking up on you. They were encouraging, comforting, knowledgeable, compassionate, and eased your stress with humor and gave amazing tips to survive ivf.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
I feel as if each staff member was hand picked and each are compassionate, comforting, informative, and patient.
The mini ivf cycle I chose was affordable, medicine was the lowest around to purchase, monitoring cycles after pregnancy were very affordable as well
Irvine
When we have met with Dr. Yelian he has explained our specific treatment in details. Dr. Yelian takes time to answer all of our questions in details, for example one time we had a total of 35 questions and he answered all of them, he took his time with us. He is kind and we felt that he really was aware of our individual treatment plan for each cycle.... Since I'm diagnosed with DOR stimmimng was minimal consisting of clomid and menopur, we also had natural cycles in between, all cycles stimulated my follicles.
They [Life IVF] take time with you always and you don't feel rushed. At time it did take longer to get your results based on the number of patients Bing Sen.... We purchased a three cycle package includes, egg retrieval, hatching assist, and egg transfer. Fees for monitoring was separate and medications are separate cost.... I have had a good experience with all the nurses, they take there time to explain my treatment plan, provide information and education to me. All staff if friendly and have good customer service.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Go for it!! You are in good hands!
I have always been treated with kindness and they take there time to explain the process in details to me and with a friendly smile. I never felt being rushed.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
I would say they are in good hands, everyone is knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They take time with you always and you don't feel rushed. At time it did take longer to get your results based on the number of patients Bing Sen.
Our plan is to do a single embryo transfer.
Irvine

The doctor [Dr. Frank Yelian is] very kind, and checked in on us a lot, and remembered us and our names even though he has many patients...was very capable and kind and thorough. He treated us as humans and looked us in the eye and was very compassionate. The only negative was that in the beginning, because my wife and I are a same sex couple, he asked us some questions that we didn’t feel we’re necessary, like about “how bisexuality works”. Idk how that could be relevant.
[Life IVF Center has a] Kind staff, organized, good with us being a same sex couple. Despite them having many many patients they were personal and remembered us. I love the nursing staff! We were also patients during Covid19 and they were very responsible...We did two low hormone retrieval cycles, each resulting in few eggs retrieved. We suffer from DOR so that was expected. We then did one embryo transfer with one day 3 embryo which did not take
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Dr.Yelian was very capable and kind and thorough. He treated us as humans and looked us in the eye and was very compassionate. The only negative was that in the beginning, because my wife and I are a same sex couple, he asked us some questions that we didn’t feel we’re necessary, like about “how bisexuality works”. Idk how that could be relevant.
Make sure you ask all the questions you have, don’t worry about asking too many. There’s a lot to know
The doctor as very kind, and checked in on us a lot, and remembered us and our names even though he has many patients
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
Everyone at this clinic was very nice and competent and organized
Irvine

[Dr. Frank Yelian is a] Great IVF doctor and he always knew what he was talking about! He seems to have quite a lot of experience in IVF! He knew the best treatments to offer his patients depending on their infertility history. He made me feel really confident that all would go well. Everything went as planned and I am happy that I went to him for my first IVF!!...offered an organized process from egg retrieval to egg transfer to pregnancy test results. Medications were given to prepare the patient for both procedures and effective dosages were recommended depending on the thickness of endometrium and amount of mature follicles a patient had.
Expect for weekly appointments and also expect for 2-4 hour appointments [at Life IVF Center]...offered an organized process from egg retrieval to egg transfer to pregnancy test results. Medications were given to prepare the patient for both procedures and effective dosages were recommended depending on the thickness of endometrium and amount of mature follicles a patient had...The office offered different [cost] packages depending on your needs!...Front desk receptionists were really rude and treated you as a number. All doctors and nurses that took care of me were great! There needs to be a change in the customer service skills that the front desk receptionists had.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Expect for weekly appointments and also expect for 2-4 hour appointments.
The office had a process for every patient that went in.
Dr. Yelian’s office offered an organized process from egg retrieval to egg transfer to pregnancy test results. Medications were given to prepare the patient for both procedures and effective dosages were recommended depending on the thickness of endometrium and amount of mature follicles a patient had.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Life IVF Center.
2 of my favorite nurses that took great care of me! Diana Lee & Yuki.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
The office offered different packages depending on your needs!
Irvine

[Dr. Frank Yelian] always makes sure you are comfortable and know exactly what is going on. He helped us beyond what anyone could imagine and made sure that we would have a family through this process. Never did I feel as if we were a number Dr.Yelian and his entire staff made us feel like family...3 transfers with donor eggs 2 fresh 1 frozen ( current pregnancy) Medications used during treatment: PIO, endometrin, estrace..knows what he is taking about. Trust him and trust the process.
Julie [nurse at Life IVF Center] was basically our rock through this entire process. She was there whenever I needed her which was often with all of my questions! She made sure that we were completely comfortable with every decision and that we understood exactly what was going on...Losing both of my ovaries before the age of 18 was beyond devastating to me and I never thought I would be able to carry a child. Life Ivf Center was dedicated to ensure that this was not my reality. After two failed transfers they could have given up but they didn’t they pushed me to keep going and now I am pregnant with our miracle baby.
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
If you are trying to find an amazing clinic that actually cares about you as a person not just a as a number you have found the place! I can not even begin to say how much Life Ivf Center changed our lives. They made the impossible possible and were beyond generous in doing so. I don’t think I could ever do anything to thank them enough. Losing both of my ovaries before the age of 18 was beyond devastating to me and I never thought I would be able to carry a child. Life Ivf Center was dedicated to ensure that this was not my reality. After two failed transfers they could have given up but they didn’t they pushed me to keep going and now I am pregnant with our miracle baby. Dr. Yelian, Julie, JoJo and the entire staff at Life Ivf Center made us feel like family. We were greeted every time with hugs, encouraged by all of the staff and checked up on even when they did not have to. I can not recommend Life Ivf enough. If you’re searching stop you’ve found just where you need to be!
Be confident that you have chose the right clinic Dr. Yelian knows what he is taking about. Trust him and trust the process.
Dr. Yelian always makes sure you are comfortable and know exactly what is going on. He helped us beyond what anyone could imagine and made sure that we would have a family through this process. Never did I feel as if we were a number Dr.Yelian and his entire staff made us feel like family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Life IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Julie Alvarado )
Julie was basically our rock through this entire process. She was there whenever I needed her which was often with all of my questions! She made sure that we were completely comfortable with every decision and that we understood exactly what was going on. Flying in from out of state was stressful but she always made sure to accommodate us the best that she could and always checked on us Incase we had any questions or concerns I can’t thank her enough!
2018, Consult
I felt like a human because he [Dr. Yelian] took time explaining my Fertility.to me and my husband he really cares about your infertility journey. problems he made sure he explained everything to the both of us he took his time with us knowing the day we went in for our consultation he seems very busy but still made us feel very comfortable and made sure we understand everything and asked us if we had any questions
The weakness I experienced was I had to make more then one dr app to dr Frank Becuase he is a very busy dr they kept canceling my appointments [at Life IVF] more then one time which was getting frustrating. ... The nurse made us feel very comfortable at this clinic. Asked us so many questions about our Journey they all interdeuce their selves to us and took me and my husband on a Tour to show us every where everything we would be doing step by step
How was your experience with Frank Yelian at Life IVF Center?
Me as a patient he showed us so much compassion talking to us making us feel welcome to open up about anything he took his time to listen to us both why it’s been 7 years as a struggle for the both of us made different options for us to do ivf it was such a blessing.
That he was very honest dr and will try to help you with the best option for you my advice I will give him is that make sure he continue to be a honest dr to every patient he gets to know just like he did us please don’t change for anyone.
I felt like a human because he took time explaining my Fertility.to me and my husband he really cares about your infertility journey. problems he made sure he explained everything to the both of us he took his time with us knowing the day we went in for our consultation he seems very busy but still made us feel very comfortable and made sure we understand everything and asked us if we had any questions he is the best i won’t not change to go to any other Dr but him hands down.
We wasn’t able to do any treatments do to our finances.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Life IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Taylor )
The nurse made us feel very comfortable at this clinic. Asked us so many questions about our Journey they all interdeuce their selves to us and took me and my husband on a Tour to show us every where everything we would be doing step by step asked us if we had any questions please call or email us if you have any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Life IVF Center.
The weakness I experienced was I had to make more then one dr app to dr Frank Becuase he is a very busy dr they kept canceling my appointments more then one time which was getting frustrating. There strength was they do care about there patients They will take there time getting to know you and you’re history.
He advised us To do natural Ivf which is no medication as much with not so many multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Life IVF Center.
Just my dr app when i kept making app to meet with the dr for the first time that’s all.