9.8

9819 North 95th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

1 patient review filtered by:

2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Frederick Larsen of Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] is a nice enough guy, but we felt like were taken advantage of and didn't have costs properly explained to us...I didn't appreciate being billed over $5300 (on top of the $500 already spent at the office) for lab tests only to find they didn't even test for everything. For example, there was no mention of my MTHFR mutation, which I found out about at my second doctor. That's a very common and important mutation to know about.
How was your experience with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
He is a nice enough guy, but we felt like were taken advantage of and didn't have costs properly explained to us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
You will probably get pregnant here, but you will have lots of expensive, surprise and unneccessary (they require a psych evaluation before starting IVF) tests performed in the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
During our first appointment, Dr Larsen met with us and told us the very basic process and how he works. He didn't even ask what we wanted, just assumed insemination and went with that angle for awhile before we interrupted to say we wanted to IVF to be able to do genetic testing and sex selection. What concerned my wife was that he acted like it was unethical do gender selection during IVF. When we expressed that we really wanted a girl, he said he'd check with his partner to see if it was okay. Of course he called the next day to say it was alright. This left a bad taste in my wife's mouth, but I wanted to give him another chance because I was confident he could get us pregnant. She felt his arbitrary ethical line was crossed for the prospect of money. The next appointment was for follicle count ultrasound and blood tests. Like the first appointment, payment was due at time of service. They broke it down for us and we paid $510 cash for both. They suggested more tests to look at my uterus that were over $1000, so we decided to get a second opinion and have since decided to go with another doctor. He got us an MRI for $400, which is a much more thorough exam than the $1000+ saline exam dr Larsen wanted to do check to out my fibroids more closely. We have since received bills for $5400 from an external lab for the blood test taken that day. We were not informed of this and not expecting this. My insurance does not cover any of this, and they knew at that time. When I called the doctor's office, they claimed I agreed to it. I might have signed some paper authorizing it (you sign a ton of papers) but nothing about what we agreed to pay. I find their business practices very upsetting. I felt taken advantage of.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Nice enough. Only got my blood drawn once there, so not much of an experience with them.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
When I decided to change clinics, I did so after canceling an appointment here at the last minute. I never heard from them asking why I didn't ever to come back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
I'm still fighting this 8 months later. Paid for the consult ($300, and very quick and basic) and the first ultrasound and blood tests (paid $575 at office, was billed $5300 more through the off-site lab)
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Frederick Larsen