9.8

Phoenix, AZ 85016
Scottsdale
9819 North 95th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

During my testing [at Advanced Fertility care] I was seen promptly at every appointment, I was never rescheduled or made to wait long periods of time at either the Phoenix or the Scottsdale locations. The nursing staff and phlebotomist were exceptional, very friendly, knowledgable and gentle! The front office staff was very friendly from my first phone conversation until the last time I was seen by them. They were very knowledgable about my insurance and were very forthcoming ab
How was your experience with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
While I was being seen at Advanced Fertility Care from April-June of 2016 I saw all three doctors at two of their facilities, but my primary RE was Dr Larsen. All three doctors, Dr Larsen, Dr Zoneraich, and Dr Kummer are wonderful! Our initial appointment with Dr Larsen was great, he explained fertility in a way no article online or book could ever get through to me. He went into details about our possible options dependent of course on our specific diagnosis. We were very upfront with him about the fact that we were having our diagnostic testing done only at his facility due to our last minute move and he was still super friendly and helpful! (He even showed me a secret way to check the success rates of other RE's online to help me pick a new doctor once we got home!!)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr Larsen was great! We saw him for our initial diagnosis and testing appointments. After our final consult we had to move back to Washington State. I wish I could fly to Arizona to see him for the rest of our treatments.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
During my testing I was seen promptly at every appointment, I was never rescheduled or made to wait long periods of time at either the Phoenix or the Scottsdale locations. The nursing staff and phlebotomist were exceptional, very friendly, knowledgable and gentle! The front office staff was very friendly from my first phone conversation until the last time I was seen by them. They were very knowledgable about my insurance and were very forthcoming about all finances from the beginning and again before every appointment. If I knew more people in the Phoenix area (we only lived their 6 months) I would recommend them to everyone!! This is my only way to do that I suppose!
Phoenix
He [Dr. Frederick Larsen] was great...I have no negative feedback. He was always patient, kind, trustworthy, on time, explaining everything, encouraging. It was the best experience and I couldn't have asked for more. I really have no negative feedback. The experience was beyond expectation. We have a beautiful, healthy baby boy because of him....PGS testing was the reason we were able to put the correct embryo. He highly recommended it after our 5 losses with previous trials.
He [Dr. Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of AZ] was great...I have no negative feedback. He was always patient, kind, trustworthy, on time, explaining everything, encouraging. It was the best experience and I couldn't have asked for more. I really have no negative feedback. The experience was beyond expectation. We have a beautiful, healthy baby boy because of him....PGS testing was the reason we were able to put the correct embryo. He highly recommended it after our 5 losses with previous trials.
He was great...I have no negative feedback. He was always patient, kind, trustworthy, on time, explaining everything, encouraging. It was the best experience and I couldn't have asked for more. I really have no negative feedback. The experience was beyond expectation. We have a beautiful, healthy baby boy because of him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Trust him.
He's absolutely FANTASTIC!! Great bedside manners, kind, patient, explains everything.
Describe the protocols Frederick Larsen used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Great!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
No negatives...honestly my experience was amazing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Larsen at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
10k
Scottsdale

2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Frederick Larsen of Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona] is a nice enough guy, but we felt like were taken advantage of and didn't have costs properly explained to us...I didn't appreciate being billed over $5300 (on top of the $500 already spent at the office) for lab tests only to find they didn't even test for everything. For example, there was no mention of my MTHFR mutation, which I found out about at my second doctor. That's a very common and important mutation to know about.
He is a nice enough guy, but we felt like were taken advantage of and didn't have costs properly explained to us.
You will probably get pregnant here, but you will have lots of expensive, surprise and unneccessary (they require a psych evaluation before starting IVF) tests performed in the process.
During our first appointment, Dr Larsen met with us and told us the very basic process and how he works. He didn't even ask what we wanted, just assumed insemination and went with that angle for awhile before we interrupted to say we wanted to IVF to be able to do genetic testing and sex selection. What concerned my wife was that he acted like it was unethical do gender selection during IVF. When we expressed that we really wanted a girl, he said he'd check with his partner to see if it was okay. Of course he called the next day to say it was alright. This left a bad taste in my wife's mouth, but I wanted to give him another chance because I was confident he could get us pregnant. She felt his arbitrary ethical line was crossed for the prospect of money. The next appointment was for follicle count ultrasound and blood tests. Like the first appointment, payment was due at time of service. They broke it down for us and we paid $510 cash for both. They suggested more tests to look at my uterus that were over $1000, so we decided to get a second opinion and have since decided to go with another doctor. He got us an MRI for $400, which is a much more thorough exam than the $1000+ saline exam dr Larsen wanted to do check to out my fibroids more closely. We have since received bills for $5400 from an external lab for the blood test taken that day. We were not informed of this and not expecting this. My insurance does not cover any of this, and they knew at that time. When I called the doctor's office, they claimed I agreed to it. I might have signed some paper authorizing it (you sign a ton of papers) but nothing about what we agreed to pay. I find their business practices very upsetting. I felt taken advantage of.
Nice enough. Only got my blood drawn once there, so not much of an experience with them.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
When I decided to change clinics, I did so after canceling an appointment here at the last minute. I never heard from them asking why I didn't ever to come back.
I'm still fighting this 8 months later. Paid for the consult ($300, and very quick and basic) and the first ultrasound and blood tests (paid $575 at office, was billed $5300 more through the off-site lab)
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
2010 - 2015, Successful
I had dealt with 7 years of infertility and several dr.s before seeing Dr. Larsen. He was up front with me and real about that would be worth my time and not. I felt with him it was a out what's best for each patient rather than that helps him collect the most money ... He has a different personality a little. He is very very much about being realistic and giving REAL results. He is kind and cares and also dealt with fertility treatments himself (his wife went through them so he understands both sides) he is kind and definitely just an all around good guy.
Overall I felt like the clinic [Advanced Fertility Care] was organized, kind, and cared for the patients. I didn't feel like a number and I also felt like they remembered my situation every time which helped! ... I felt love from the whole staff [nursing]. It was obvious they all cared and wanted us to all succeed. I also felt safe that they were watching my cycle closely and knew more than I did ... which is great because it can be confusing!
I had dealt with 7 years of infertility and several dr.s before seeing Dr. Larsen. He was up front with me and real about that would be worth my time and not. I felt with him it was a out what's best for each patient rather than that helps him collect the most money (I dealt with that before) I felt comfortable with him and feel like he truly cared about my situation.
I was a wreck during my treatments. Dr. Larsen always took the time to answer every question for me. It wasn't till I got pregnant and went to a regular OBGYN that I realized how wonderful him and his staff were! They were on top of everything for me and he was SO good about realistic expectations and still providing hope 💓 I would do anything to have him deliver my babies too because he truly cared about me and my family.
After years of doing cycles with chlmoed (we tried 7 years before getting pregnant) we went with Dr Larsen. He told me up front that IUI had a very low chance for implantation but it does work for some and may be worth a try for the price difference! We chose to do for cycles that failed. He each time told us it would probably be good to do IVF but it was our choice. We didn't have the money at the time so we continued down that path. My husband pulled the money from a retirement account that we had and surprised me by paying for a cycle and working with Dr Larsen to suprise me! I honestly couldn't believe it! He handed me a gift (it was baby outfits) and a card saying that him and Dr Larsen worked everything out and that I was just start birth control the following day. It was a dream come true. I love that he worked with my husband to make it special for me. After having a successful pregnancy with that IVF treatment I had 7 Frozen embryos. Unfortunately a few months after having my baby I somehow got pregnant on my own and had a miscarriage. Dr. Larson helps me through the whole thing. After two more miscarriages and years we chose to continue with IVF for a second round. We put in two embryos and one took and created our beautiful daughter! 5 months later I again got pregnant on our own and this time miraculously the pregnancy stayed! After 7 years of tears and pain I now have three beautiful children. A 6 your old boy, a 2 year old girl, and a one year old girl now 💓 I still have 5 Frozen embryos with Dr L. He really made all the difference in my experience and I would never go anywhere else! Prior to using him I went to several doctors who diagnose me with PCOS and didn't pay full attention to my Cycles. I found out later that they could have potentially harmed my fertility with how carelessly they were having me take Clomid. I took it for 12 cycles. Having a good doctor is everything!
I felt love from the whole staff. It was obvious they all cared and wanted us to all succeed. I also felt safe that they were watching my cycle closely and knew more than I did 😂 which is great because it can be confusing!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Overall I felt like the clinic was organized, kind, and cared for the patients. I didn't feel like a number and I also felt like they remembered my situation every time which helped! at other locations I felt like I was really explaining myself every single time I went.
If I remember correctly I think it was $1,200 for the initial testing. I why I think was $300 at the time per cycle. When we did IVF we did a money back guarantee program. It was $15 to $20,000 for three tries and it guaranteed you get pregnant or you get a big portion of the money back. When we did a frozen cycle I believe it was like $5,000 for both medicine and the treatment. I believe for one cycle fresh it was more like $7,500.
Describe Frederick Larsen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
He had a strong preference on only putting one in. On the first one that one took! he understood me wanting to put the two and on the second round but make sure I understood all the risks involved. He was clear that he had seen some rough situations with twins and triplets and that 1 Singleton pregnancy is a success. I would probably still transfer two if I did another round and I'm sure he'd be okay with that. Anything more though he was uncomfortable with.
Mesa