Medical SchoolRWJ Rutgers
ResidencySt. Barnabus Med Ctr
FellowshipCornell
660 1st Avenue
212-263-7629
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Frederick Licciardi to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend NYU to a friend?
2014 - 2017
2 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
None, Unexplained
Dr. Licciardi was great about calling me back when I requested a phone call, but he didn't always seem to know who I was or where I was or in what kind of cycle...He is very honest and up-front. Be in touch with him a lot if you want actual feedback re your protocol... He will not oversee your actual case but if you want him to check something, he will. I think in all of our cycles I only saw him in the ultrasound room once during morning monitoring periods.
2014 - 2017
2 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
None, Unexplained
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
I think Dr. Licciardi is a very caring doctor and has a lot of patients and I appreciated his attention during our appointments but wish I had called him more often during actual treatments to see how he would have responded. As I wrote earlier, he does always call back within a reasonable amount of time but doesn't always seem to know why I would be calling and he would answer questions that I think are significant pretty quickly, so that I wondered if he was considering all of my own unique information or just answering generally what he would tell a patient in a similar situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
He is very honest and up-front. Be in touch with him a lot if you want actual feedback re your protocol. Don't rely only on the nurses. He will not oversee your actual case but if you want him to check something, he will. I think in all of our cycles I only saw him in the ultrasound room once during morning monitoring periods.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
Dr. Licciardi was great about calling me back when I requested a phone call, but he didn't always seem to know who I was or where I was or in what kind of cycle. As a result, I think I was addressing one concern while he was talking about something else, that I didn't even know related to me. When we had actual appointments, he was attentive at those times. Once, I ran into him on my way out after an IUI under his care/protocol, and he didn't wish me good luck or even smile; I thought this was a little odd, but then realized he was probably very busy and/or preoccupied.
Describe the protocols Frederick Licciardi used in your cycles at NYU and their degree of success.
For the egg freezing/retrieval I think he went to highest dose on everything because of my age and other health issues. I was at first freezing eggs as a single woman (with my first doctor, not Licciardi) then embryos with partner for future use (with Licciardi) and eventually thawed the eggs I'd frozen with another doctor (now working with Licciardi) to make those into embryos and did 2 cycles of FET using the eggs from my youngest age. He had me on progesterone shots for one FET cycle, with estradiol pills, even though my cycle is very regular; I was never sure why. And I was on progesterone suppositories for the second FET cycle, no estradiol. I don't remember the egg freezing exactly as it was a few years ago but it was some combination of Gonal-F and Follistim and ovidrel. I know I didn't do the medication that you have to mix together at home when i did the cycle for freezing with him. I'm not really sure of his rationale for the egg freezing -- I guess it's the usual protocol he starts with then adjusts if it doesn't work? For the FET I also didn't know why we were using estradiol when estrogen always normal and I ovulate on my own. Second cycle of FET we tried suppositories because of the pain at my injection site. Also would only transfer one embryo at a time because he said was big risk in having multiples and did NOT recommend PGD or any other biopsy pre implantation. I think he said because egg quality was good. I did have an IUI with letrozole days 3-7 (was supposed to be days 5-9 but there was a miscommunication re what day my period actually started). Also used trigger shot in the morning about 27 hours before IUI. I got pregnant but miscarried around 9 weeks (I had been transferred to OB after heartbeat.) Went back for another IUI two months after miscarriage; not successful.
Very hit or miss. Some excellent nurses. Some not so excellent nurses. It seems in the five years that I've been a patient at NYU that things have gotten more like a factory and there is just a huge volume of patients, more than there was when I was first there. For the most part, everyone is cheerful and upbeat, but they don't all have the same level of experience and I was given misinformation at least once. Also came away from blood taking very bruised once or twice. Had to ice and it wasn't when I was having daily blood tests. On the plus side, if you do get to know one of the nurses, sometimes you can get that person's direct line if you want their opinion. Nurse's take of picture was sometimes different than my doctor's so it was confusing at times.
Describe your experience with NYU.
The staff at the clinic are friendly and upbeat and are generally good about being efficient. They are great about calling roughly when they say they will. Not as much personal attention as I would like because I have multiple health issues. If you are considering IUI, there is one nurse who i think is much better at it than the others but that might just be a personal preference. Be prepared to show up closer to 6:45 a.m. if you want to get in and out of monitoring fast. If you come later, definitely longer waits, especially if you need an ultrasound, too. Definitely be proactive and make sure to communicate with your doctor as much as you are comfortable doing. You must be proactive. I have not been to other clinics so I don't know how this one compares.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
It went relatively smoothly when I was able to be there by 6:45 a.m. Hours don't start till 7 a.m. but like everything in NYC, people get there early and start to line up. When I really needed some sleep and went in a little later, different story. Also, the nurses would ask me for my allergies and what medications I was taking each time even though it was in the computer. I started carrying a list. I think all they cared about was latex but if you have a long list of allergies that you yourself can't remember, it's frustrating to have to recite it every other day. Then sometimes the doctor would make a change of protocol and I wouldn't know why or know that I needed to have my partner there with me for consent forms. It sometimes went flawlessly, other times, not at all so.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Licciardi at NYU.
First round, years ago, all out of pocket and nearly $20,000 for an egg retrieval and embryo creation (for freezing). Then the clinic went in network and my 2 FET's were covered by insurance but I reached my lifetime maximum fertility benefit with the 2 FET cycles and everything is out of pocket. I haven't gotten the bill for the IUI but looks as if it will cost a couple thousand because of all the morning monitoring. (I never get the home ovulation test kits to work right for me so I chose to have monitoring done at the clinic and I required a lot during the cycle post-miscarriage.)
Describe Frederick Licciardi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU.
For me, he definitely was set on single embryo transfer and would not even discuss allowing me to have more than one embryo transferred. He would not budge.
NY - 1st Ave
The first thing Dr. Licciardi said to me at our initial consult was, "it looks like you have been on a long road, and I know how difficult that is." It was a simple acknowledgment but exactly what I needed to hear....Dr. Licciardi is one of the top in his field, but does not have the arrogance that sometimes comes with that. He is patient, and caring. He takes the time to listen and explain. Though we did not see him at most appointments, we spoke to him often and felt comfortable that he was overseeing our treatment throughout.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
Dr. Licciardi is one of the top in his field, but does not have the arrogance that sometimes comes with that. He is patient, and caring. He takes the time to listen and explain. Though we did not see him at most appointments, we spoke to him often and felt comfortable that he was overseeing our treatment throughout. We were not from NY, and Dr. Licciardi worked with us, to enable us to do part of our cycle with my local Dr. Dr. Licciardi does lecture around the world so he is not always in the office, but even when traveling his staff can usually reach him,
Ask questions. He offers the information the average person wants to hear, but if you are like me and want to understand all the details, ask him to elaborate. He will, and he will explain it clearly until you are satisfied. Also, you can't separate him from the NYU, the clinic that he practices in - NYU is large, and it is important for you to advocate for yourself. However, we were happy with almost all the nurses and staff there and always knew we could go directly to Dr. Licciardi with questions or concerns.
The first thing Dr. Licciardi said to me at our initial consult was, "it looks like you have been on a long road, and I know how difficult that is." It was a simple acknowledgment but exactly what I needed to hear. His caring demeanor continued throughout our treatment. When he spoke with us, he explained his recommendations and patiently answered our many questions.
We had MF (low sperm count) and FF (PCOS). We came to Dr. Licciardi after having done a surgery for MF, monitored cycles and IUIs and having had one miscarrigae. We knew we wanted to move on to IVF. Dr. Licciardi recommended a basic IVF protocol - gonal-f, PIO, ganirelix, doxycycline, ovidrel trigger - as our medical presentation made us good candidates for a basic cycle. Thankfully, he was right. We were able to transfer 1 fresh embryo, and froze 5 all of which were BB or above. We failed the fresh cycle - I believe my body was just too traumatized from all the meds of the cycle. We took a month break and came back for a FET, which was successful.
We dealt with many nurses and there was only one we didn't care for. Overall, the nurses were very helpful. We did part of our cycle remotely and most of the nurses went the extra mile, following up with our local lab to ensure they got the blood work in a timely way. The nurses were knowledgable and caring. Again, NYU is a large clinic and it is important when dealing with so many different people that you are your own advocate and make sure the nurse you are speaking with is aware of the full picture.
Describe your experience with NYU.
NYU is top center. It may have been overwhelming for us if it was the first stop on our fertility journey. By the time we got to NYU, we were reassured to be in a place with top doctors and labs, and were fine with not having the amenities of a concierge practice. If you are just starting out and using NYU it may be more challenging, though I would still recommend them. We had a consult in another top clinic, and we found NYU to be a lot more caring and small-feel despite its prominence.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
I went about an hour into the monitoring hours, after the morning rush but before the latecomers. I don't think I waited more than 15 minutes any morning. Very efficient.
12,600 for IVF cycle + 3000 for ICSI + 1000(?) for embryo storage
From what I understand, Dr. Licciardi feels strongly that it is safer to transfer one embryo, and rarely recommends transferring multiple. We discussed this at length with him prior to our FET, and ultimately trusted his judgment and transferred one.
NY - 1st Ave
I reacted strongly to the meds [with Dr. Frederick Licciardi] and needed to be seen daily for monitoring and given the antagonist drugs fairly soon in my cycle (I believe it was Ganirelix)...expect him to be straightforward with you...Dr. Licciardi treated us like humans, but we only met with him once and only spoke on the phone a few times regarding results after that.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
We found Dr. Licciardi to be smart, experienced and to the point. I would recommend him without hesitation, but perhaps not to someone who wants a doctor to be extremely warm and compassionate and hold their hand throughout the process. I wouldn't say that Dr. L was NOT warm or compassionate, but I also wouldn't call him a warm & fuzzy doctor. That was not important to us – we only wanted a doctor who was very experienced with a track record of success – so we were very happy with him.
Ask blunt questions and expect him to be straightforward with you.
Dr. Licciardi treated us like humans, but we only met with him once and only spoke on the phone a few times regarding results after that. The clinic treats you a little like a number – which was to be expected at a large clinic like that, so it did not bother me.
I don't remember specific medications or dosages. We stared the regular way (I believe I had a gonal F pen), but I reacted strongly to the meds and needed to be seen daily for monitoring and given the antagonist drugs fairly soon in my cycle (I believe it was Ganirelix).
The nursing staff was proficient and experienced. They did not seem particularly compassionate or personal. More just about business and trying to be efficient, which was ok with me, because there were a lot of people to get through in the mornings. It would have been nice if they'd introduced themselves when they called your name or drew your blood.
Describe your experience with NYU.
NYU is a world-class facility. I personally don't care if it feels like a farm or you're treated as a number – they have a lot of people to get through, and all I care about is that they're effective and successful, which they are. I would recommend anyone to NYU.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
There were a lot of people, but it ran like a well-oiled machine. You could go anytime between 7 and 9am, which was nice for some flexibility, but the later you got there, the longer the wait would be. If you arrived during the first half hour, there was basically no wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Licciardi at NYU.
A round of IVF was $18,500. Since we had a lot of embryos and did PGS testing and an FET, that added on about $10k more in cost.
The NYU practice strongly recommends a single transfer, especially with PGS embryos. You would have to override their recommendation to transfer multiple embryos.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
I ended up hospitalized with severe OHSS but was able to maintain a healthy pregnancy.... I saw Dr Liccardi when I first went to the clinic and spoke to him numerous times before my course of treatment. When my husband and I were given all of the information about Tammy specific treatment it was reviewed by a nurse in a room with other couples. I saw dr liccardi infrequently during treatment. He did not do my transfer or retreval. He did however play a more active role in my care once I was full of fluid- and eventually hospitalized. ... this should never have happened.
He is a great doctor but demand more personalized care. Do your homework and ask all the questions you need. Be sure that your comfortable with your course of treatment
Some days it was like a factory in there. Unless you had the same nurse drawing your blood each morning or saw the same doctor every morning you were a number. It wasn't until I had complications with the IVF that I became a human
I decided to do IVF w dr liccardi after trying clomid pills for many months with my Obgyn. Dr liccardi felt strongly that an IUI or IVF cycle would work very well for me. We went with IVF (insurance covered one round) my treatment included the HCG trigger shot. (Looking back- This should not have been part of my treatment) treatment was fine. I was a "chicken with 18 eggs" as one of the doctors told me. Retreval was a breeze. When it came to transfer I told the current doctor I was feeling incredibly bloated, uncomfortable etc... he told me since I had no weight gain it was normal since 18 eggs were remove. I proceeded with the transfer. Shortly after (a day or two)I found myself short of breathe and when I lied down it felt as if I was drowning..... turns out I was pregnant but I also had OHSS. I was hospitalized for a few nights. I had a lung tap, multiple stomach drains in dr liccardi office, another ER visit w another. Lung tap and yet another stomach drain. I gained a ton of weight due to fluids. Somehow I was able to maintain the pregnancy and today I have a healthy boy
2009 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Overall, I think he [Dr. Frederick Licciardi] is neither mushy-concerned nor cold about his assessments. He seems genuinely interested in his patients and in helping them. And when I pushed a little to do something he did not recommend, he quickly took my side. This was important because I think being very downbeat about the process or feeling like your doctor is annoyed or unsupportive because you don't agree with him can make it all too hard. I never had that kind of negative experience with him. But he also was honest and "to the point" about the process at each stage, which might seem uncaring to some women. I am not the kind of person who pushes hard to get my way, and I think that had a positive effect on my interactions with him. I do not know if that aspect of my personality may have hurt my chances, such as when I only had 2 follicles with my IVF cycle (at a high level o
2009 - 2013
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
I partially answered this with the "number or person" question. Dr. Licciardi was very upbeat with my initial assessment and FSH levels, and quickly got me started on testing and polyp removal to make my chances as high as possible (I had never tried to get pregnant and was doing this with donor sperm). When my FSH levels subsequently elevated, he was sympathetic but to the point that I might get lucky with IUI and he would support that for 2 or 3 cycles. I think some women might have taken that as uncaring, but I felt like he was only being honest and not judging me nor did he want to mislead me. When I failed at IUI but my FSH and estrogen had improved I met with him regarding IVF. He was not in favor of it, but said we could try and then he had a positive, supportive attitude throughout that process. When it failed and I cried, saying I felt stupid for trying at my age (I was at that point 44 years old), he told me I shouldn't feel bad at all about that and he seemed quite genuine with his supportive comments. I commented that I had a family member interested in donating eggs and he was very positive about it. Overall, I think he is neither mushy-concerned nor cold about his assessments. He seems genuinely interested in his patients and in helping them. And when I pushed a little to do something he did not recommend, he quickly took my side. This was important because I think being very downbeat about the process or feeling like your doctor is annoyed or unsupportive because you don't agree with him can make it all too hard. I never had that kind of negative experience with him. But he also was honest and "to the point" about the process at each stage, which might seem uncaring to some women. I am not the kind of person who pushes hard to get my way, and I think that had a positive effect on my interactions with him. I do not know if that aspect of my personality may have hurt my chances, such as when I only had 2 follicles with my IVF cycle (at a high level of hormone treatments) and he said we needed to convert the cycle to IUI. I now feel pretty confident he made the right call.
The patient should expect honesty, but understand he and the clinic are trying to get good numbers. He will recommend what he thinks gives you the best chance of success at having a baby, especially considering most of us have limited resources and usually can't do more than two IVF cycles with our insurance. As a patient, you want to pull out all the stops. I think that dynamic goes on with all the doctors. But I do believe he really believes in his work and wants to help.
Dr. Licciardi found the right balance of understanding/sympathy and honesty when I was unsuccessful and couldn't help but cry. He also gave me a chance at IVF with my own eggs after honestly telling me that he would not recommend it, and he had a positive attitude throughout the process. Finally, the nurse staff were very supportive of me during the various processes I went through.
It's been quiet a while and don't remember a lot of details. He recommended IUI cycles with HG injections to time the injections. With IVF he went high on the hormones, which I think was right given my age. He also said with IVF that they won't do retrievals unless there are at least three follicles. I only had two so he recommended I stop the medications and just to HG injection with IUI. With the donor egg cycle, we synchronized our cycles with birth control pills and then went to estrogen pills and progesterone shots daily. I don't know the rest of the protocols for the egg donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU.
They were very helpful, but also very busy in the mornings. The donor egg staff were very professional but very warm as the process went on. The lead nurses on the regular staff were very kind to me and I appreciated it.
Describe your experience with NYU.
I really like the no appointment, two-hour window in the morning for the blood draws. But sometimes there are problems/back-ups and you never know when you will have one of those mornings when everyone shows up at the same time and you have to wait quite a while. So be prepared to wait and perhaps be late for work if that is where you are going next.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Licciardi at NYU.
I don't remember much. I think the first IVF cycle was maybe $10k or $12k before insurance. The frozen embryo cycle was less than $5k. Frozen embryo cost $1,200 plus another $1k annually for storage. IUI was much cheaper
Since I used a younger donor and told him I couldn't handle having twins, he was very supportive of doing just a single embryo transfer. It worked out great for me.
2013
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
First consult he [Dr Liccardi] was kind, encouraging and listened. He explained everything and made a plan that worked for me. On important appointments, for sonos and pregnancy tests he was present. Always asked how I was doing and made the visit very personal. He was genuinely happy for me when we got the positive results.
2013
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
First consult he was kind, encouraging and listened. He explained everything and made a plan that workedfor me. On important appointments, for sonos and pregnancy tests he was present. Always asked how I was doing and made the visit very personal. He was genuinely happy for me when we got the positive results.
I feel he has your personal best interest in mind when working with you
He was always there for sonos. Very kind and encouraging.
First my issue was not getting pregnant, it was having a healthy baby. I have a chromosome translocation which leads to miscarriage or fetus death. It was a hard pill to swallow when I had to turn to using donor eggs. He never made me feel like I was alone. Once I chose a donor from a private agency they did ALL the work for me. I just showed up for blood testing during cycle. I cant remember what injectable I used to sync our cycles. But Week prior to transfer I injected progesterone oil I think so embryo will have better chance to stick. Day of transfer went so smoothly and contined the oil injections a few more days. This IVF resulted in a positive pregancy. I have a gorgeous baby girl who is now 2 1/2 years old. We are choosing not to tell our child and family about using donor egg. I have a 9 year old daughter using my own eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU. (Assigned nurse: Amber I think)
Anytime I called before and during cycle Amber always called me back same day. She explained things to me 100 times and told me what to expect. The nurses for bloodwork were great and the wait time was never long. Day of transfer the nurse who talked me thru it was amazing and so positive and caring.
Describe your experience with NYU.
Very modern. From signing in to leaving from blood work it was never more then 30 minutes. Everything is at the facility from counseling, bloodwork, sonos and transfer. Cant think of any weaknesses.
Including using private donor. This cucle cost us around $30,000
2011 - 2013
Long initial consultation, he let me chose when to start treatment and what course to follow...I chose Dr. Licciardi based on the very thorough way he explains everything and his detailed approach. He may be more "scientific" than some patients prefer it I knew I was in good hands. The nurses in the practice are very hands on and knowledgeable.
2011 - 2013
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
Trust his approach and go to him if you are comfortable with a top notch Doctor in a very busy practice. You may not get a ton of 1:1 attention but you will get great care.
Clomid and IUI for several years of unexplained infertility prior to seeing him. He prepared me well that it would likely not work and we would need to move to injections but surprise, it worked!
Loved the nursing staff. Personable and very experienced. They are who you will see most often. There were two main nurse coordinators during my treatment and they were excellent with the many many follow up phone calls after each blood draw. They would leave messages on my voicemail (at my request) with very specific instructions and then would work hard to get back to me quickly if I needed to ask additional questions.
Describe your experience with NYU.
This is a busy, first rate clinic. I felt I was in excellent hands and loved knowing the entire team and best-in-class equipment and procedures were dedicated to round the clock care. Like any NYC practice, you will need to be your own advocate and ask questions if you missed something, but I felt very well cared for.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Licciardi at NYU.
My insurance covered a portion (up to $5k per year I think). I covered the rest.
NY - 1st Ave
During the consultation Dr. Licciardi was very personable and thorough in reviewing the IUI and IVf statistics with my husband and I. He was available following my unsuccessful cycles for any questions or concerns I have.... Dr. Licciardi contacted me following both failed IUI’s. He follows up to check in to see how I am feeling following the failed attempt.... 1- Gonal F with Ovidrel for 1st IUI cycle. Gonal F was chosen over clomid bc my body had previously grown cysts with Clomid.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
Ask questions because he is available and willing to explain.
1- Gonal F with Ovidrel for 1st IUI cycle. Gonal F was chosen over clomid bc my body had previously grown cysts with Clomid. Chemical Pregnancy. Ended having to take another Ovidrel 3 weeks post IUI to help remove cyst. 2 - Gonal F. I ended up ovulating before actually taking the Ovidrel. IUI was canceled. 3 - Switched to Menopur for follicle growth and began using cetrotide to delay ovulation.Ovidrel. No success with IUI. 4 - Menopur and will start cetrotride soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU. (Assigned nurse: Andrea & Carol)
NYU Fertility’s nursing staff is well organized. The blood and ultrasound monitoring queues are efficiently run.
Describe your experience with NYU.
Call administrators provided incorrect information regarding hours of operation. I drove and hour on Christmas eve morning only to find out the office was closed despite being told the day before that the clinic was open. The on call doctor was available through phone and was able to direct me to Columbia to complete bloodwork. It was a hectic couple of hours.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Licciardi at NYU.
$35 copays and $100 per IUI. Medications averages around $195 per cycle.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Licciardi] was patient and explained everything in a way that I could understand. I never felt like a number or a statistic. He was knowledgeable and compassionate. He called me during the cycles and afterwards to discuss next steps or to congratulate when cycle took...My first cycle he utilized clomid and other meds in order to help with the stimulation. When that cycle failed (it was my second) he suggested donor eggs. The donor egg cycle worked.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
He was patient and explained everything in a way that I could understand. I never felt like a number or a statistic. He was knowledgeable and compassionate. He called me during the cycles and afterwards to discuss next steps or to congratulate when cycle took.
Have your questions ready and be open to any course of action proposed.
I appreciated that Dr Licciardi took the time to explain everything to me and contact me throughout the cycle. The nurses at the clinic were exceptional and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU. (Assigned nurse: Aleksandra )
Aleksandra was a god send! She entertained my craziness and made me feel so comfortable. Even after I left their care, she emailed me just to see how I am progressing w my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with NYU.
It isike any other clinic in that you need to get there early for monitoring. Results come back quickly. My only complaint is the billing department. One doesn’t know what the other one is doing and you have to call several times to resolve any issues.
He goes for single embryo transfer initially.
1 IUI, Donor Eggs
Dr. Licciardi was recommended to us by my OB/GYN. He was very sympathetic to our specific challenges, and at first I felt in great hands. But after many months of poor results, I never felt like he went above and beyond for us, or was willing to try new, different, or outside-of-the-box ideas/treatments...He's been doing this a long time and has loads of experience, but if I was to do this all again, I'd have pushed for more aggressive treatment -- or recommendation on alternate measures (donor, GC, etc.).
1 IUI, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
The nurses were responsive when called -- always returned phone calls and gave directions clearly. During morning monitoring were pretty aloof, but did the job and got patients in and out of bloodwork quickly. Ultrasounds took quite a bit longer (I'm sure that was more about the doctors than the nurses).
Describe your experience with NYU.
NYU was a pretty seamless, easy operation for me. The doctors were reachable, monitoring easy... even billing was pretty straight-forward. What I didn't like was the very safe approach, and the wait for ultrasounds.
To my knowledge at NYU, they will not transfer multiple embryos. In my case, we never got that far.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr Licciardi is amazing! He was always available to answer any questions, concerns etc...My husband and I felt comfortable within a few minutes of meeting dr Licciardi. He clearly explained all of our options and helped us every step along the way...there are many other doctors and nurses that you will see on a daily basis once your treatment starts. Each dr in the practice has a specific day when they do transfers, retrievals and other procedures. Which dr you get depends on your cycle and the day of the week. Don't be disappointed- dr Licciardi still knows what's happening to his patients.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
First impression was great. My husband and I felt comfortable within a few minutes of meeting dr Licciardi. He clearly explained all of our options and helped us every step along the way. He was always available to speak with and answer questions, concerns etc...
Dr Licciardi is part of a large practice. He will not be with you every step of the way. There are many other doctors and nurses that you will see on a daily basis once your treatment starts. Each dr in the practice has a specific day when they do transfers, retrievals and other procedures. Which dr you get depends on your cycle and the day of the week. Don't be disappointed- dr Licciardi still knows what's happening to his patients.
Dr Licciardi is amazing! He was always available to answer any questions, concerns etc. All of the drs and nurses I met in the practice were kind and caring. It's easy to become just a number, but the staff makes sure you don't feel that way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU.
Nurses were very good
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
efficent. Hours are between 6-9 the earlier you arrive the quicker. Those that come closer to 9 have a long wait
Insurance covered it
NY - 1st Ave
He [Dr. Licciardi] was very warm and sensitive to our complex situation while still being very honest about the risks. He has called me multiple times from his cell after hours to discuss our treatment plan....He is very honest and professional while still being compassionate and sensitive to outside factors. He is accessible and very willing to work as part of an integrated treatment team. He is a good communicator.
Go to him!
He was very warm and sensitive to our complex situation while still being very honest about the risks. He has called me multiple times from his cell after hours to discuss our treatment plan.
We are doing IVF with PGS and hopefully having more than one healthy embryo so we can freeze for later use.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU. (Assigned nurse: Charmaine )
They are very helpful and knowledgeable but hard to get in touch with at times.
Describe your experience with NYU.
Easy to make appointment and easy checkin but inconvenient location. Waiting room is normal doctors office style. Very easy to schedule bloodwork, semen testing, etc and they are very accommodating. Overall I recommend!
$15000
In my case he was adamant about only one embryo to minimize risk.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I only saw him [Dr. Frederick Licciardi] twice through the entire cycle though and had him once on the phone...He was very pessimistic about my treatment and personally called me to recommend aborting the cycle half way through because of the low number of eggs. He however did not offer any alternative, so I proceeded with the cycle and became pregnant with only two eggs retrieved.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
He was upfront, friendly, asked questions and listened. He was very pessimistic about my treatment and personally called me to recommend aborting the cycle half way through because of the low number of eggs. He however did not offer any alternative, so I proceeded with the cycle and became pregnant with only two eggs retrieved.
He was nice and friendly. I only saw him twice through the entire cycle though and had him once on the phone.
They were completely disorganized, abrupt and unfriendly.
Describe your experience with NYU.
Everyone is rushed, the nurses are disorganized and not always aware of your treatment plan. You need to keep following up and remind them of details. The staff is generally cold, unfriendly and impatient. There seems to be a disconnect between doctors, nurses, coordinators.
Disorganized, unfriendly.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
Dr. Licciardi was great - very personable and put us at ease immediately. We never felt rushed or pressured to do anything and we began treatments even after declining some recommended testing (HSG). Dr. Licciardi returned phone calls personally and when we were getting impatient and wanted to explore adding medication to our IUIs he suggested another round of natural before going that route and that's the cycle I got pregnant. We now have a two year old and are starting the process again with Dr. Licciardi for baby number two.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU. (Assigned nurse: Andrea and Carol)
The nurses and monitoring staff were all fantastic and hugged us goodbye when we graduated from fertility clinic to an OB.
Describe your experience with NYU.
The practice is large and runs like a well oiled machine. We appreciated that monitoring hours were strictly for monitoring. Other clinics also performed IUIs during monitoring hours. NYU also included blood work in their monitoring and not all clinics do.
2013 - 2014
IUI, 3 IVF
I was 26 and diagnosed with dor. Dr Licciardi diagnosed me with one look and after receiving results from my testing. Dr Licciardi gave me his cell phone number and walked me through the entire process. He even took the time to console me after a failed cycle while he was in Hawaii with his family. Great doctor. Felt extremely comfortable with him and felt like I was well taken care of even though I didn't receive the results I wanted from him.
2013 - 2014
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
IUI, 3 IVF
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU?
Your in good hands and if you have questions ask hell be happy to help
I was 26 and diagnosed with dor. Dr Licciardi diagnosed me with one look and after receiving results from my testing Dr Licciardi gave me his cell phone number and walked me through the entire process. He even took the time to console me after a failed cycle while he was in Hawaii with his family. Great doctor. The only reason I switch was for insurance purposes
I don't remember much. I remember estrogen patch with menopur and gonal f and ganerelix
I honestly don't remember much
Describe your experience with NYU.
I loved it there. However after switching to Cornell I feel on a larger scale Cornell has a better lab
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Licciardi at NYU.
Insurance didn't cover any of my treatment so it was about $15,000 each time including ivf icsi and meds
NY - 1st Ave
Dr. Licciardi is a great mix of blunt and delicate. He really takes the time to get to know you. He has been very helpful through the process. His nurses are also wonderful. We're not done yet but we plan to continue with him...He took the time to meet my husband and I and really learn about us and our process...Get to know his nurses...Chlomid, IUI and Letrazol
Get to know his nurses
Chlomid, IUI and Letrazol
Wonderful and very helpful
Describe your experience with NYU.
I'm confident in the science and success rates of the clinic. However, it mostly operates a lot like a factory. There are often long lines and long waits for all the processes. It's not a great feeling clinic.