Available by cell phone
FellowshipUCSD
9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-552-9177
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gabriel Garzo to a friend?
9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Fertility Center to a friend?
Everyone [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] is always so patient with us whenever we have had had any questions....They have been kind and caring. Its apparent that they love what they do and that is a testament to how the entire clinic operates.... I do not think this is a weakness - but an opportunity for process improvement. Sitting down with the financial coordinator early on would have been helpful. We already knew what to expect as far as the cost, but needed a little more hand holding.
How was your experience with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
From the moment we walked into his office, it was apparent that Dr. Garzo had already done his homework on as patients. He had read our medical history, as well as went over the test results from previous clinic we were working with. It was a relief that on the first visit we were able to get solid answer about our IVF plan, what the process entailed and how soon we would start. Every visit with Dr. Garzo has been equally satisfying. He takes his time explaining what is happening and why adjustments needs to be made. I love his optimism and can trust him when he has to share any concerning news because he always provides alternatives.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dont shy from asking embarrassing or "dumb" questions, because there is nothing to hide from Dr. Garzo. He has always been professional and courteous with us. If anything he makes us feel like we have brought up a good point and appreciate us wanting to be knowledgeable patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Since day one, my husband and I have been warmly welcomed by not only Dr. Garzo, but his nurses and staff. Everyone is always so patient with us whenever we have had had any questions. My conversation isnt just limited to the nurse coordinator assigned to us. Any time I call office with questions regarding my treatment or dosage, there is always someone there willing to take my call answer my questions.
Describe the protocols Gabriel Garzo used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
At this point, I am on Stem Day 5 of the IVF cycle, and I have only had to make one adjustment to my treatment. Dr. Garzo and our nurse coordinators were able to articulate the reason for the adjustment, answering all our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Nelson)
Amy Nelson, our nurse coordinator, has been extremely patient with us!!! I have called/emailed her multiple times (a day) and she has been great about getting back to me in a very timely manner with answers to all my questions/concerns. i appreciate her expertise and knowledge about the whole process. Its been great working with her. I would also like to add that every one of the nursing staff has been wonderful to work with. They have been kind and caring. Its apparent that they love what they do and that is a testament to how the entire clinic operates.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I do not think this is a weakness - but an opportunity for process improvement. Sitting down with the financial coordinator early on would have been helpful. We already knew what to expect as far as the cost, but needed a little more hand holding. A part of it could have been that we just didn't know what questions to ask. The clinic's website also has a lot of useful resources which I happened to come across on my own.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
So far we have only paid for 1 round of IVF. Even though Dr. Garzo recommended two rounds of IVF, my husband and I made the decision to only go for 1 round at this time.
Describe Gabriel Garzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
No comment.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Garzo does all his work - ultrasounds , retrievals etc. I saw Dr Garzo at every appointment I had which made me feel like I was truly cared about. He also gave me a personalized protocol. ... He takes the time to answer every question you have. You can really tell he cares about his patients and results. ... I have DOR/low AMH. I “primed” with estrace and testosterone gel for approximately 4 weeks. I then started “the stims”.
The waiting room is small but I understand space is limited here [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center]. The billing department and receptionist are all very friendly. The girls doing the blood draws are also very friendly and willing to answer any questions. ... I loved my nurse ! She was absolutely amazing and I am certain I could not have completed the cycle without all her help. She was always there to answer questions and guide me along this journey. I am so thankful for all her help !
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
I had a great experience with Dr. Garzo! We are so happy we chose him to be our doctor. He gave me a personalized protocol that he thought would beat suit our infertility situation. I got to see Dr Garzo at every visit. He takes the time to answer every question you have. You can really tell he cares about his patients and results.
I would advice all patients to ask questions and then ask more questions. It’s so important to feel confident in your doctors protocol and abilities.
Dr. Garzo is an amazing doctor! He takes the time to listen to all your questions and answer each one. Dr. Garzo does all his work - ultrasounds , retrievals etc. I saw Dr Garzo at every appointment I had which made me feel like I was truly cared about. He also gave me a personalized protocol.
I have DOR/low AMH. I “primed” with estrace and testosterone gel for approximately 4 weeks. I then started “the stims”. I took follistim and menopur nightly. I also took 100mg of clomid nightly. Every morning I took a steroid pill. To keep me from ovulating , I was on ganirelix shot in the AM. I also added HGH on cycle day 6 till retrial. I stimmed for 11 days and had a “double trigger”
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Fuller )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is great. The waiting room is small but I understand space is limited here. The billing department and receptionist are all very friendly. The girls doing the blood draws are also very friendly and willing to answer any questions.
We have paid approximately 22k for one retrieval with meds and PGS testing.
We have not done a transfer yet but Dr Garzo is pro elective single embryo transfer.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Garzo did all the standard tests in my case to start Then beyond that , after our first retrieval turned out poorly ( 14 eggs retrieved and only 1 embryo making it to freeze), he adjusted our protocol. I was asked to take 3 months to adjust our diet and supplements ( Mediterranean diet, added all the supplements) . ... Dr. Garzo is extremely thorough, considering our case and it's details specifically when making descions about our treatment.
The finance people [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] were clear and helpful. The embryologist kind and friendly. ... I have had overall great experiences with all of the clinic. When my nurse isn't there, another nurse will respond and answer questions. ... Charlene [nurse] is amazing!! She's clear, quick to respond, kind and caring. She really feels like a friend and an advocate for you. She thinks of everything and even gave me medication cupons ( without me asking) to save some money.
2017 - 2019
We have been seeing Dr. Garzo for a few years. We have had a few egg retrievals and 3 failed transfers. Even without success yet, I think Dr Garzo has done an amazing job. Every step of our treatment, he's analyzed the findings, considered them and adjusted accordingly or ordered more tests for thorough investigation. So, first, his medical practice and expertise are top notch. Beyond the medical, he is extremely kind, compassionate, patient and supportive. I thoroughly trust him. To be dilligent, along the way we sought a second opinion from a well known RE, and that just made it crystal clear that Dr. Garzo was who we belong with. He is a great doctor and clearly has integrity and his priority his patients.
Don't wait! Go see Dr. Garzo!
Dr. Garzo and Charlene ( nurse) are some of the best humans. They have constantly been supportive, caring and informative. They both have been extremely patient with us, taking the time to carefully and kindly answer all of our questions. Dr. Garzo is extremely thorough, considering our case and it's details specifically when making descions about our treatment.
Dr. Garzo did all the standard tests in my case to start Then beyond that , after our first retrieval turned out poorly ( 14 eggs retrieved and only 1 embryo making it to freeze), he adjusted our protocol. I was asked to take 3 months to adjust our diet and supplements ( Mediterranean diet, added all the supplements) . My protocol and meds were changed for the next retrieval and our next egg retrieval yielded much better results ( 3 frozen embryos). I've had hysterescopy, polyp removal and Depot lupron to treat adnomyosis before transfers. Currently, he's ordered a pelvic MRI to get a closer look at my uterus. He's been great at thoroughly investigating all avenues and making changes along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene King )
Charlene is amazing!! She's clear, quick to respond, kind and caring. She really feels like a friend and an advocate for you. She thinks of everything and even gave me medication cupons ( without me asking) to save some money. She's really the best nurse you could have!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I have had overall great experiences with all of the clinic. When my nurse isn't there, another nurse will respond and answer questions. The finance people were clear and helpful. The embryologist kind and friendly. No complaints really!

2013 - 2019
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Garzo. I went in to freeze eggs at age 35. Due to diminished ovarian reserve and cysts that would arise, this took two cycles over the course of about 1.5 years. Dr. Garzo and his team were so patient with all of my questions and concerns.... Dr. Garzo was great at adjusting my treatment and getting the best results we could. He presented as extremely knowledgeable and confident in his treatment plan.
All of the staff [Reproductive Fertility Center] are friendly, professional, and seem to genuinely care about you. A huge strength of the clinic is that your doctor sees you for ALL ultrasounds, which is not the norm in other clinics.... My two rounds of egg freezing were about $20,000, with another $20,000 total in medications. My current IVF cycle will be approximately $10,000.... I had 3-4 primary nurses over the years. They all are prompt in calling me back, are patient in explaining things to me, and are knowledgeable.
2013 - 2019
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Garzo. I went in to freeze eggs at age 35. Due to diminished ovarian reserve and cysts that would arise, this took two cycles over the course of about 1.5 years. Dr. Garzo and his team were so patient with all of my questions and concerns. This is an emotional process and he and his nurses would comfort me when I had setbacks. Dr. Garzo was great at adjusting my treatment and getting the best results we could. He presented as extremely knowledgeable and confident in his treatment plan. He has decades of knowledge and expertise that allows him to adjust his treatment plans accordingly and get great results. Five years later, we are now in the process of unfreezing my eggs and doing IVF with Dr. Garzo. I have full trust in him and his team and wish I could see Dr. Garzo for all of my healthcare issues!
Present your desires and concerns and then trust he and his staff completely. They know what they are doing.
Dr. Garzo was always very patient and kind with me, listening to my concerns and warmly supporting me through disappointments I would have.
I don't remember the egg retrieval procedures. Currently we are doing a fresh IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Various over the years--currently Amy Nelson)
I had 3-4 primary nurses over the years. They all are prompt in calling me back, are patient in explaining things to me, and are knowledgeable. They are always warm and supportive.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
All of the staff are friendly, professional, and seem to genuinely care about you. A huge strength of the clinic is that your doctor sees you for ALL ultrasounds, which is not the norm in other clinics.
I know he prefers a since embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Garzo explained everything to us very clearly. This was our first time doing IVF and he treated us with compassion. I have a low reserve and we were fearful quality was going to be an issue so he had an aggressive medication plan. ... I did an estrogen start, and then used a lot of stims, very high doses, and a growth hormone to improve quality. ... He is a very kind person and thinks highly of his practice, this can give you a slight sense of false hope.
Their [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] billing department wasn't the quickest to respond. I had out of network coverage and their billing system was a bit of an issue so I didn't get all the reimbursements I was probably due. Their strength is with their world-class doctors and excellent nursing team. They have decent facilities, but I think these could have been improved. I sometimes had to wait a long time to see the doctor for ultrasounds.
Dr Garzo explained everything to us very clearly. This was our first time doing IVF and he treated us with compassion. I have a low reserve and we were fearful quality was going to be an issue so he had an aggressive medication plan. Although we didn't get the results we would have liked I do not think it was from lack of trying or for not suggesting the best course of action. He always took the time to explain exactly what was happening, and I appreciate that.
The doctors and nurses were very kind. Most of them knew my name when I walked in even though it was a large clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
She was very kind and patient. She helped me with injections and even talked me through when I was having an issue with one of the shots. She was very compassionate and caring. They all were.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Their billing department wasn't the quickest to respond. I had out of network coverage and their billing system was a bit of an issue so I didn't get all the reimbursements I was probably due. Their strength is with their world-class doctors and excellent nursing team. They have decent facilities, but I think these could have been improved. I sometimes had to wait a long time to see the doctor for ultrasounds.
They were very expensive, I spent nearly $30k without even doing a transfer. This includes about $8k in medication.
+ Read more- Read less

I can't be more grateful to Dr Garzo and his team for his amazing work. He is a man of few words but has a lot of clarity on exactly the course of treatment required. He was very conservative in his approach and always put my safety and comfort first. He targeted 15 to 20 eggs during the stimulation phase and was able to retrieve almost exactly that number of eggs. ... But we found him to be quite friendly, albeit not very talkative. ...
Every person in this clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] has been wonderful to work with. ... The nursing staff was always unfailingly kind and answered all questions asked. Their compassion made a big difference in what can be a very trying process. ... He [Dr. Garzo] also strongly recommended single embryo transfer to avoid the risk of multiples. His primary concern was my safety .
As I hold my 3 month old miracle baby, I can't be more grateful to Dr Garzo and his team for his amazing work. He is a man of few words but has a lot of clarity on exactly the course of treatment required. He was very conservative in his approach and always put my safety and comfort first. He targeted 15 to 20 eggs during the stimulation phase and was able to retrieve almost exactly that number of eggs. He did a single embryo transfer and I was pregnant after the first transfer.
To make sure to ask questions when necessary but to have faith in your doctor.
Dr Garzo set very realistic expectations and followed a conservative approach during the egg retrieval stage so as to not risk overstimulation. He also strongly recommended single embryo transfer to avoid the risk of multiples. His primary concern was my safety .
My tubes had undiagnosable issues resulting in two spontaneous ectopic pregnancies. IVF was the most sensible route so that the tubes could be bypassed entirely. My workup was normal overall but my husband had a sperm morphology issue.Dr Garzo therefore chose to perform ICSI. The egg retrieval resulted in 15 eggs. 8 embryos were obtained and PGS tested. 5 good embryos were frozen. 1 was transferred and resulted in a healthy full term baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Morrison)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Every person in this clinic has been wonderful to work with. Since we were successful on our first transfer, we have only positive feedback to give. With Dr Garzo we had heard mixed reviews in terms of his bedside manner. But we found him to be quite friendly, albeit not very talkative.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
When meeting with Dr. Garzo he takes his time and is very Present with his interactions. He answered all of our questions directly and did not beat around the bush. He was clear with his treatment plans and explained why.... He put my husband and I on a whole new diet and supplement regimen. And because of this my AMH levels went from 0.4 to 0.89 in only 2 months!! He also had my husband tested for sperm DNA fragmentation, which our 1st doctor did not do. And we found out that my husbands sperm is fragmented by 28%
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] is great, sometimes there is no one at the front desk to greet you when you arrive, but then they eventually come and check you in after you sign in. The lab work girls are the best, and they let you request the one you like. I'm a super hard stick for blood draws, so it was always important for me to have Jenna or Fiona draw my blood---and Jenna could always draw from my hand when my arms were tapped out.
East Asian, Latino
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
We are going to Dr. Garzo as our new IVF doctor after our 1st round of IVF did not work. He is amazing! He put my husband and I on a whole new diet and supplement regimen. And because of this my AMH levels went from 0.4 to 0.89 in only 2 months!! He also had my husband tested for sperm DNA fragmentation, which our 1st doctor did not do. And we found out that my husbands sperm is fragmented by 28%, anything above 15% is not normal. Dr. Garzo then referred us to a male fertility specialist, who will be performing a TESE procedure on the day of my egg retrieval do reduce the sperm DNA fragmentation! We are so blessed we changed doctors to Dr. Garzo and have high hopes for our 2nd round of IVF.
Get on SUPPLEMENTS and DIET! Always review with your RE which supplements to take and make sure you check your labs. I am on Ubiquinol, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Pyconogeol, prenatal, Fish Oil with DHA, and DHEA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
Tiffany is the BEST! She is the most compassionate nurse I've ever met, she is Perfect for this job and has truly found her calling. Before I even met her and I was inquiring about IVF the 1st time, she called and talked to me for 20 minutes because she could tell from my Email I was nervous, and she wanted to reach out to me and and un-load my questions. She is always kind and gentle. I am thankful for her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is great, sometimes there is no one at the front desk to greet you when you arrive, but then they eventually come and check you in after you sign in. The lab work girls are the best, and they let you request the one you like. I'm a super hard stick for blood draws, so it was always important for me to have Jenna or Fiona draw my blood---and Jenna could always draw from my hand when my arms were tapped out.
Out of pocket IVF with genetic testing is estimated at $30,000-$35,000 that includes medication.
My doctor's office has a strong preference for eSET.
+ Read more- Read less

I felt from the beginning that Dr. Garzo knew his stuff and, if IVF was an option, wanted to cover his bases to make sure of success. At one point he suggested an endometrial biopsy based on the thickness of my lining. I went home and did some of my own research. Since we are very concerned about the cost of things, I asked if a biopsy was absolutely necessary and they told me they would look again during my sono to see if it looked like it was necessary. Once they went in he was satisfied with what he saw and didn't do it. I advocate for myself often with my doctors and this is an example, to me, of Dr. Garzo listening to what his patients want and being accommodating.
This is a busy clinic, but I still felt like a person and had everything taken care of, and had my questions answered in a very prompt manner.... I never had an issue with the nursing staff. They were attentive, caring and answered my questions.... I felt like a human because he took the time to answer ALL of my questions, of which I had many, and I never felt rushed or hurried. I was able to contact his assistant as well with questions and she always got back to me within a few hours at the most.
I would say take notes, or record your conversations because it is a lot of information and you want to make sure you know what your options are. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I like Dr. Garzo. He is warm enough for me with regard to a doctor and responsive. Those are two things that are important to me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This is a busy clinic, but I still felt like a person and had everything taken care of, and had my questions answered in a very prompt manner. I don't have many things to say for weaknesses to be honest.
We paid cash for everything b/c our insurance didn't cover anything.
He uses eSET based on statistics that he has found and I personally appreciate this
+ Read more- Read less

Doctor Garzo was very polite and offered us with the solutions to our problems of infertility. Unlike other doctors we have seen, he was able to diagnose me correctly with the endometriosis, treat it, and successfully perform IVF egg retrieval and implantation followed by a positive pregnancy and birth. ... We will use him again ... I wanted twins but Dr garzo felt very strongly that I should only implant one egg
As far as professionalism this team [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] has it down! ... I have also referred several of my friends to him because I felt so strongly that he would provide them with a good experience as well. ... Dr garzo made sure that I was comfortable and his staff was also very professional thorough and compassionate ... If there's anything I would change I would ask that they pay for our parking hundred percent
My entire experience with IVF was long and emotional but Dr garzo made sure that I was comfortable and his staff was also very professional thorough and compassionate I am so thankful for Dr garzo and his team and we'll use them again for baby number two if we need to. I have also referred several of my friends to him because I felt so strongly that he would provide them with a good experience as well.
I like that Dr garzo was able to diagnose me with endometriosis. Other doctors I have seen did not catch that which could have caused me to go through the IVF process without success. It was vital that I treated the endometriosis prior to the egg implanting. Make sure your doctor does a thorough check on you and make sure you ask a lot of questions don't feel pressure that you have to do the egg retrieval right away follow your instinct
Doctor Garzo was very polite and offered us with the solutions to our problems of infertility. Unlike other doctors we have seen, he was able to diagnose me correctly with the endometriosis, treat it, and successfully perform IVF egg retrieval and implantation followed by a positive pregnancy and birth. We will use him again
Basically you Dr garzo treated my endometriosis prior to the egg retrieval and implantation. We froze the eggs and did testing, I had a few months of cleansing off the medication prior to implanting the eggs again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Meghan and Amy)
Amazing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
As far as professionalism this team has it down! If there's anything I would change I would ask that they pay for our parking hundred percent since we are paying so much out of our pocket to pay for IVF. I also wish they would do referral discounts or credit I mean because it would help with the cost of IVF especially considering I had so many friends I have referred them to and did not receive any benefit. But as far as actual strengths and weaknesses, I believe they did very well and I do not think there were any weaknesses per se.
Ranged from 20-26k
I know every person is different. I wanted twins but Dr garzo felt very strongly that I should only implant one egg because there are so many risks involved with multiple eggs. He was very adamant about this approach and I trust him even though I wanted twins I know I would rather have a healthy birth versus any issues later down the road so I trusted his opinion and advice

2015 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Garzo and his staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] were always responsive and explanatory for any questions or concerns that we had. Additionally, they showed compassion and thoughtfulness toward our individual situation and care plan. ... Dr. Garzo strongly encouraged single embryo transfers. ... Dr. Garzo explained all our options and treatment protocols clearly and thoroughly. ... We thoroughly appreciate his expertise and demeanor.
The clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] has a straight-forward, science-backed approach to fertility treatment. The staff and doctors are organized, thorough, and compassionate. In our experience, they do not tend to use or recommend some of the less established methodologies (scratch test, immunology, etc) since they believe the research does not support it (yet). Some people will likely consider this a strength, whereas others may be disappointed.
2015 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Garzo explained all our options and treatment protocols clearly and thoroughly. He's been compassionate and kind during any setbacks and has changed protocols when we've been less successful. We thoroughly appreciate his expertise and demeanor.
You've picked a great RE, trust him and be patient.
Dr. Garzo and his staff were always responsive and explanatory for any questions or concerns that we had. Additionally, they showed compassion and thoughtfulness toward our individual situation and care plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene)
Our primary nurse coordinator, Charlene, has been responsive and organized throughout our treatments. She honestly is the best healthcare professional that we've ever had!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic has a straight-forward, science-backed approach to fertility treatment. The staff and doctors are organized, thorough, and compassionate. In our experience, they do not tend to use or recommend some of the less established methodologies (scratch test, immunology, etc) since they believe the research does not support it (yet). Some people will likely consider this a strength, whereas others may be disappointed.
Our most recent IVF retrieval cost around $15k for the entire retrieval process (including monitoring appointments, PGS biopsy, etc) plus an additional $5k for medications and $2k for PGS testing. Our frozen embryo transfers cost around $3k each.
Dr. Garzo strongly encouraged single embryo transfers.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
It was a low stimulation protocol with clomid, menopur, and follistim. We [with Dr. Gabriel Garzo] also used a medication (another injection) a few days before the retrieval to increase the egg quality. The first time we did ivf we had poor egg quality results, with only one embryo that resulted. This time around we ended up with 6 embryos, all decent quality. I would say the protocol we used for retrieval was much more successful.
Overall it [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center- La Jolla] is a great office. Great doctors and great staff. The embryologists are also very good. They explain things well, they are very thorough in their procedures and help you have the greatest success possible at achieving pregnancy. It is definitely more on the pricey side which is the only negative about it.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
He is very kind and thorough. He sometimes jumps to diagnosing and a couple of times has misdiagnosed me for things. But I know it’s just because he is really just trying to help us find the root of the problem and trying to help us have our best chance at success. He is very experienced and knowledgeable.
He has taken the time to make sure we have the best chance possible to conceive
It was a low stimulation protocol with clomid, menopur, and follistim. We also used a medication (another injection) a few days before the retrieval to increase the egg quality. The first time we did ivf we had poor egg quality results, with only one embryo that resulted. This time around we ended up with 6 embryos, all decent quality. I would say the protocol we used for retrieval was much more successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Fuller)
My nurse/coordinator has been so helpful and is a great communicator. She has been so awesome throughout this process. The nursing staff in general is wonderful at this clinic. Everyone always has a smile on their face, they take great care of all their patients, even if they aren’t assigned to you.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Overall it is a great office. Great doctors and great staff. The embryologists are also very good. They explain things well, they are very thorough in their procedures and help you have the greatest success possible at achieving pregnancy. It is definitely more on the pricey side which is the only negative about it.
Dr. Garzo feels very strongly that elective single embryo transfers are more successful than multiple embryos transfers.
2010 - 2012
IVF, Egg Freezing
Though I (as expected) spent most of my time with the nurses, Dr Garzo gave me sufficient time to ensure my questions were answered... He was plenty compassionate, but in a more formal way.
2010 - 2012
IVF, Egg Freezing
He was professional and expressed himself well. He is NOT all warm and fuzzy, but I don't need/want that. He was plenty compassionate, but in a more formal way.
No advice specific to him.
To start with, they were willing to take my frozen embryos (created in Boston and shipped to them). A lot of places won't touch you if they don't get to do everything. They kindly listened to my concerns; after hours calls were answered quickly and without annoyance. Though I (as expected) spent most of my time with the nurses, Dr Garzo gave me sufficient time to ensure my questions were answered. They had the head of the lab come and talk to me about my frozen embroys, which I really appreciated. They were willing to work with me when I moved to Houston, TX; they let me do ALL my pre-work in TX (I had to arrange ultrasounds and bloodwork on my own, but it was worth it to not have to fly back and forth to SD). I tried to find a doc in Houston who would take my frozen embroys, but the best shop in town said no and I wasn't willing to go to any of the other Houston clinis.
While I didn't bond with them like the nurse from my first IVF experience, they did their job well, made sure I always knew what to do and when, and answered questions promptly when I called.

3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
We love Dr Garzo! He takes the time to review our situation at each and every appointment. He proceeded each step with care and always provided his expertise. He is super kind too! He would always greet our 2 year old, which means a lot to us.... I felt Dr Garzo did everything in line with protocol in adherence to our situation. He adjusted meds as needed and would ask to see me daily to make sure things were going as he expected them to.
They [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] are very organized and responsive. This is something that is important because there is so much one is going through and to have a whole office that is organized makes a huge difference. This is from the front office to the nurses to the doctor.... We met with another clinic before going to Reproductive Partners and the difference was night and day. We love coming to this office because we feel welcome by all and everyone interacts with us!
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
We love Dr Garzo! He takes the time to review our situation at each and every appointment. He proceeded each step with care and always provided his expertise. He is super kind too! He would always greet our 2 year old, which means a lot to us. We would 100% recommend him hands down.
Ask questions no matter how silly you might think they sound! The more you know, the easier the process is.
He took the time to explain each step and proceeded each retrieval and transfer with care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachelle Ferrer)
They are all amazing! We met with another clinic before going to Reproductive Partners and the difference was night and day. We love coming to this office because we feel welcome by all and everyone interacts with us!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They are very organized and responsive. This is something that is important because there is so much one is going through and to have a whole office that is organized makes a huge difference. This is from the front office to the nurses to the doctor.
It's IVF so it gets expensive. That is expected.

Other, Unexplained
From the moment I met him Dr. Garzo made me feel like he had my best interests at heart. I knew he truly listened as I explained what brought me to his office when he made his recommendations to me. He was so thorough in our meeting and exam, I really felt like I'd found the right doctor to work with on what had already been an emotional roller coaster. He is really wonderful.... He's just a lovely human being.
The office staff [Repro Partners Fert Ctr] are friendly. When you arrive they will take a photo of you and your husband for their chart. The clinic is on the 8th floors of Scripps hospital in La Jolla. Some of the doctors there also work at UCSD. It's a warm and welcoming environment.... Sheri is the primary person I communicate with outside of appointments. She is quick to respond to emails and very helpful. She has been a pleasure to work with.
Other, Unexplained
I can't recommend Dr. Garzo highly enough. I feel so fortunate to have found him. My first experience in a Reproductive Endocrinologist was terrible. I felt like I was on an assembly line and represented a paycheck. From the moment I met Dr. Garzo I knew I'd come tot he right place. He's just a lovely human being.
No advice, he will work with you wherever you are.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sheri)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The office staff are friendly. When you arrive they will take a photo of you and your husband for their chart. The clinic is on the 8th floors of Scripps hospital in La Jolla. Some of the doctors there also work at UCSD. It's a warm and welcoming environment.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Doctor Garzo was compassionate, explained everything in detail and made me aware of every step. My first try with donor eggs gave me a beautiful baby boy, second attempt did not take, however, will definitely try again with doctor garzo.... Since the beginning doctor garzo made me aware that my egg quality was not good and low, so he suggested donor eggs and gave me all the specifics. After we found our donor the clinic was amazing both
No weaknesses, wonderful staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] across the board, from the receptionist to the doctors and nurses. Everyone is willing to help and answer any questions that one might have. I would highly recommend the entire office.... Wonderful staff couldn’t have asked for more. Doctor Garzo was compassionate, explained everything in detail and made me aware of every step. My first try with donor
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Wonderful staff couldn’t have asked for more. Doctor Garzo was compassionate, explained everything in detail and made me aware of every step. My first try with donor eggs gave me a beautiful baby boy, second attempt did not take, however, will definitely try again with doctor garzo.
Ask all questions and be as open as possible. Doctor Garzo will answer everything in detail.
Wonderful staff and excellent doctor attention
Since the beginning doctor garzo made me aware that my egg quality was not good and low, so he suggested donor eggs and gave me all the specifics. After we found our donor the clinic was amazing both with her and with me. I started my injections and patches and once a positive pregnancy test came back I still moved forward with injections and patches for a few weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie )
Wonderful person and very informative.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
No weaknesses, wonderful staff across the board, from the receptionist to the doctors and nurses. Everyone is willing to help and answer any questions that one might have. I would highly recommend the entire office.
Don’t remember a specific number
doctor garzo made me aware why multiple embryos does not mean a higher way is having a positive outcome and if it is a pregnancy with multiple it puts both the babies and me at risk.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Garzo] has been very friendly and explained everything in detail. He made himself available for questions. We are still early in the cycle - but we have been very happy so far! All three times we have met with him both my husband and I have been happy with the experience and love that he is honest about everything - good and bad. ... He explained the risk of having a multiple pregnancy was not worth the health risks to me and child - especially considering putting two in does not increase the odds by much.
The office [Reproductive Parnters Fertility Center] was nice, the doctors are nice, and the staff. There has not been anything we have not been satisfied with so far, and have loved everyone that we have dealt with at this clinic. ... The return messages right away, same day - and are always available for questions and even just to ease fears along the way. ... She [nurse] has been friendly and completely helpful along the way. I tend to worry and have a lot of questions and she never made me feel like I was bothering her and anytime I emailed her or left a message she got back to me quickly - always the same day.
He has been very friendly and explained everything in detail. He made himself available for questions. We are still early in the cycle - but we have been very happy so far! All three times we have met with him both my husband and I have been happy with the experience and love that he is honest about everything - good and bad.
To go in with your questions ready ahead of time
Garzo and all the staff we have dealt with so far has been friendly and answered any and all questions we have had. The return messages right away, same day - and are always available for questions and even just to ease fears along the way. Very happy with our experience so far
We are just now starting medications and our egg retrieval is not till June 4th.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
She has been friendly and completely helpful along the way. I tend to worry and have a lot of questions and she never made me feel like I was bothering her and anytime I emailed her or left a message she got back to me quickly - always the same day.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This is my first cycle and I have never used another doctor or seen anyone else. The office was nice, the doctors are nice, and the staff. There has not been anything we have not been satisfied with so far, and have loved everyone that we have dealt with at this clinic.
The cost for in vitro is $16,500 with an addtional $10,000 or so for medication and other testing - such as genetic testing
When starting I wanted a multiple embryo transfer. My reasoning was because I would rather have two babies then one - and if putting in two increased my chances I wanted to do that. Dr. Garzo explained it to us, and my husband also only wanted a single transfer. He explained the risk of having a multiple pregnancy was not worth the health risks to me and child - especially considering putting two in does not increase the odds by much.

2009 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Garzo was present every step of the way wether it was not so good news or amazing news. He always had the next plan ready for us. He never made us feel rushed or like he has another patient waiting ... He took his time, went over all the steps and he truly cares about you. ... We first did one round of iui with donor sperm, was on clomid 100 mg. We went in for our first iui procedure.
Clinic [Reproductive Partners Fertility Center] itself is relaxing and comfortable. The ladies at the front are always friendly and welcoming. No matter who you walk next to they are always smiling ... They [nurses] are amazing, they make you feel a part of a family there ... Weakness is the elevators are always packed and lobby is busy. ... Visit and ultrasound were reasonable , iui procedures were ok. Infertility treatments no matter what are expensive.
2009 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The most caring doctor that you can trust
He took his time, went over all the steps and he truly cares about you.
We first did one round of iui with donor sperm, was on clomid 100 mg. We went in for our first iui procedure. Came back to do the pregnancy test, came back negative. Dr. Garzo saw a couple of polyps that i had my obgyn remove. We then planned for another iui round but this time i had to do a shot the night before to boost my ovaries, while in clomid as well. Went in to do a iui procedure then again the next day. Then was on insertable progesterone capsules. Went in for our pregnancy and got results that we were pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
They are amazing, they make you feel a part of a family there
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Weakness is the elevators are always packed and lobby is busy. Clinic itself is relaxing and comfortable. The ladies at the front are always friendly and welcoming. No matter who you walk next to they are always smiling
2011 - 2016
Ask questions know all of the information before you begin and do your own research. We have had a long journey with different dr and dr garzo is amazing and clearly knows what he is doing...Dr Garzo is great more of a facts and numbers guy....The first time for iui we had a ton of bills [from Reproductive Partners] . This time our insurance covers cost and the finance people are all over helping and providing detailed info. They call back in less than 24 hours
2011 - 2016
Dr garzo is great more of a facts and numbers guy.
The first time for iui we had a ton of bills. This time our insurance covers cost and the finance people are all over helping and providing detailed info. They call back in less than 24 hours