Available by cell phone
FellowshipUCSD
9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-552-9177
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gabriel Garzo to a friend?
9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Fertility Center to a friend?
2017 - 2019
Dr. Garzo did all the standard tests in my case to start Then beyond that , after our first retrieval turned out poorly ( 14 eggs retrieved and only 1 embryo making it to freeze), he adjusted our protocol. I was asked to take 3 months to adjust our diet and supplements ( Mediterranean diet, added all the supplements) . ... Dr. Garzo is extremely thorough, considering our case and it's details specifically when making descions about our treatment.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
We have been seeing Dr. Garzo for a few years. We have had a few egg retrievals and 3 failed transfers. Even without success yet, I think Dr Garzo has done an amazing job. Every step of our treatment, he's analyzed the findings, considered them and adjusted accordingly or ordered more tests for thorough investigation. So, first, his medical practice and expertise are top notch. Beyond the medical, he is extremely kind, compassionate, patient and supportive. I thoroughly trust him. To be dilligent, along the way we sought a second opinion from a well known RE, and that just made it crystal clear that Dr. Garzo was who we belong with. He is a great doctor and clearly has integrity and his priority his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Don't wait! Go see Dr. Garzo!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center?
Dr. Garzo and Charlene ( nurse) are some of the best humans. They have constantly been supportive, caring and informative. They both have been extremely patient with us, taking the time to carefully and kindly answer all of our questions. Dr. Garzo is extremely thorough, considering our case and it's details specifically when making descions about our treatment.
Describe the protocols Gabriel Garzo used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Garzo did all the standard tests in my case to start Then beyond that , after our first retrieval turned out poorly ( 14 eggs retrieved and only 1 embryo making it to freeze), he adjusted our protocol. I was asked to take 3 months to adjust our diet and supplements ( Mediterranean diet, added all the supplements) . My protocol and meds were changed for the next retrieval and our next egg retrieval yielded much better results ( 3 frozen embryos). I've had hysterescopy, polyp removal and Depot lupron to treat adnomyosis before transfers. Currently, he's ordered a pelvic MRI to get a closer look at my uterus. He's been great at thoroughly investigating all avenues and making changes along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene King )
Charlene is amazing!! She's clear, quick to respond, kind and caring. She really feels like a friend and an advocate for you. She thinks of everything and even gave me medication cupons ( without me asking) to save some money. She's really the best nurse you could have!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
I have had overall great experiences with all of the clinic. When my nurse isn't there, another nurse will respond and answer questions. The finance people were clear and helpful. The embryologist kind and friendly. No complaints really!
La Jolla

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.

I can't be more grateful to Dr Garzo and his team for his amazing work. He is a man of few words but has a lot of clarity on exactly the course of treatment required. He was very conservative in his approach and always put my safety and comfort first. He targeted 15 to 20 eggs during the stimulation phase and was able to retrieve almost exactly that number of eggs. ... But we found him to be quite friendly, albeit not very talkative. ...
As I hold my 3 month old miracle baby, I can't be more grateful to Dr Garzo and his team for his amazing work. He is a man of few words but has a lot of clarity on exactly the course of treatment required. He was very conservative in his approach and always put my safety and comfort first. He targeted 15 to 20 eggs during the stimulation phase and was able to retrieve almost exactly that number of eggs. He did a single embryo transfer and I was pregnant after the first transfer.
To make sure to ask questions when necessary but to have faith in your doctor.
Dr Garzo set very realistic expectations and followed a conservative approach during the egg retrieval stage so as to not risk overstimulation. He also strongly recommended single embryo transfer to avoid the risk of multiples. His primary concern was my safety .
My tubes had undiagnosable issues resulting in two spontaneous ectopic pregnancies. IVF was the most sensible route so that the tubes could be bypassed entirely. My workup was normal overall but my husband had a sperm morphology issue.Dr Garzo therefore chose to perform ICSI. The egg retrieval resulted in 15 eggs. 8 embryos were obtained and PGS tested. 5 good embryos were frozen. 1 was transferred and resulted in a healthy full term baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Morrison)
The nursing staff was always unfailingly kind and answered all questions asked. Their compassion made a big difference in what can be a very trying process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Every person in this clinic has been wonderful to work with. Since we were successful on our first transfer, we have only positive feedback to give. With Dr Garzo we had heard mixed reviews in terms of his bedside manner. But we found him to be quite friendly, albeit not very talkative.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
When meeting with Dr. Garzo he takes his time and is very Present with his interactions. He answered all of our questions directly and did not beat around the bush. He was clear with his treatment plans and explained why.... He put my husband and I on a whole new diet and supplement regimen. And because of this my AMH levels went from 0.4 to 0.89 in only 2 months!! He also had my husband tested for sperm DNA fragmentation, which our 1st doctor did not do. And we found out that my husbands sperm is fragmented by 28%
East Asian, Latino
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
We are going to Dr. Garzo as our new IVF doctor after our 1st round of IVF did not work. He is amazing! He put my husband and I on a whole new diet and supplement regimen. And because of this my AMH levels went from 0.4 to 0.89 in only 2 months!! He also had my husband tested for sperm DNA fragmentation, which our 1st doctor did not do. And we found out that my husbands sperm is fragmented by 28%, anything above 15% is not normal. Dr. Garzo then referred us to a male fertility specialist, who will be performing a TESE procedure on the day of my egg retrieval do reduce the sperm DNA fragmentation! We are so blessed we changed doctors to Dr. Garzo and have high hopes for our 2nd round of IVF.
Get on SUPPLEMENTS and DIET! Always review with your RE which supplements to take and make sure you check your labs. I am on Ubiquinol, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Pyconogeol, prenatal, Fish Oil with DHA, and DHEA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
Tiffany is the BEST! She is the most compassionate nurse I've ever met, she is Perfect for this job and has truly found her calling. Before I even met her and I was inquiring about IVF the 1st time, she called and talked to me for 20 minutes because she could tell from my Email I was nervous, and she wanted to reach out to me and and un-load my questions. She is always kind and gentle. I am thankful for her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic is great, sometimes there is no one at the front desk to greet you when you arrive, but then they eventually come and check you in after you sign in. The lab work girls are the best, and they let you request the one you like. I'm a super hard stick for blood draws, so it was always important for me to have Jenna or Fiona draw my blood---and Jenna could always draw from my hand when my arms were tapped out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabriel Garzo at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Out of pocket IVF with genetic testing is estimated at $30,000-$35,000 that includes medication.
Describe Gabriel Garzo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
My doctor's office has a strong preference for eSET.
La Jolla

I felt from the beginning that Dr. Garzo knew his stuff and, if IVF was an option, wanted to cover his bases to make sure of success. At one point he suggested an endometrial biopsy based on the thickness of my lining. I went home and did some of my own research. Since we are very concerned about the cost of things, I asked if a biopsy was absolutely necessary and they told me they would look again during my sono to see if it looked like it was necessary. Once they went in he was satisfied with what he saw and didn't do it. I advocate for myself often with my doctors and this is an example, to me, of Dr. Garzo listening to what his patients want and being accommodating.
I would say take notes, or record your conversations because it is a lot of information and you want to make sure you know what your options are. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I like Dr. Garzo. He is warm enough for me with regard to a doctor and responsive. Those are two things that are important to me.
I felt like a human because he took the time to answer ALL of my questions, of which I had many, and I never felt rushed or hurried. I was able to contact his assistant as well with questions and she always got back to me within a few hours at the most.
I never had an issue with the nursing staff. They were attentive, caring and answered my questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
This is a busy clinic, but I still felt like a person and had everything taken care of, and had my questions answered in a very prompt manner. I don't have many things to say for weaknesses to be honest.
We paid cash for everything b/c our insurance didn't cover anything.
He uses eSET based on statistics that he has found and I personally appreciate this

2015 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Garzo and his staff [Reproductive Partners Fertility Ctr] were always responsive and explanatory for any questions or concerns that we had. Additionally, they showed compassion and thoughtfulness toward our individual situation and care plan. ... Dr. Garzo strongly encouraged single embryo transfers. ... Dr. Garzo explained all our options and treatment protocols clearly and thoroughly. ... We thoroughly appreciate his expertise and demeanor.
2015 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Garzo explained all our options and treatment protocols clearly and thoroughly. He's been compassionate and kind during any setbacks and has changed protocols when we've been less successful. We thoroughly appreciate his expertise and demeanor.
You've picked a great RE, trust him and be patient.
Dr. Garzo and his staff were always responsive and explanatory for any questions or concerns that we had. Additionally, they showed compassion and thoughtfulness toward our individual situation and care plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Charlene)
Our primary nurse coordinator, Charlene, has been responsive and organized throughout our treatments. She honestly is the best healthcare professional that we've ever had!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The clinic has a straight-forward, science-backed approach to fertility treatment. The staff and doctors are organized, thorough, and compassionate. In our experience, they do not tend to use or recommend some of the less established methodologies (scratch test, immunology, etc) since they believe the research does not support it (yet). Some people will likely consider this a strength, whereas others may be disappointed.
Our most recent IVF retrieval cost around $15k for the entire retrieval process (including monitoring appointments, PGS biopsy, etc) plus an additional $5k for medications and $2k for PGS testing. Our frozen embryo transfers cost around $3k each.
Dr. Garzo strongly encouraged single embryo transfers.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
It was a low stimulation protocol with clomid, menopur, and follistim. We [with Dr. Gabriel Garzo] also used a medication (another injection) a few days before the retrieval to increase the egg quality. The first time we did ivf we had poor egg quality results, with only one embryo that resulted. This time around we ended up with 6 embryos, all decent quality. I would say the protocol we used for retrieval was much more successful.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
He is very kind and thorough. He sometimes jumps to diagnosing and a couple of times has misdiagnosed me for things. But I know it’s just because he is really just trying to help us find the root of the problem and trying to help us have our best chance at success. He is very experienced and knowledgeable.
He has taken the time to make sure we have the best chance possible to conceive
It was a low stimulation protocol with clomid, menopur, and follistim. We also used a medication (another injection) a few days before the retrieval to increase the egg quality. The first time we did ivf we had poor egg quality results, with only one embryo that resulted. This time around we ended up with 6 embryos, all decent quality. I would say the protocol we used for retrieval was much more successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Fuller)
My nurse/coordinator has been so helpful and is a great communicator. She has been so awesome throughout this process. The nursing staff in general is wonderful at this clinic. Everyone always has a smile on their face, they take great care of all their patients, even if they aren’t assigned to you.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Overall it is a great office. Great doctors and great staff. The embryologists are also very good. They explain things well, they are very thorough in their procedures and help you have the greatest success possible at achieving pregnancy. It is definitely more on the pricey side which is the only negative about it.
Dr. Garzo feels very strongly that elective single embryo transfers are more successful than multiple embryos transfers.

2010 - 2012
IVF, Egg Freezing
Though I (as expected) spent most of my time with the nurses, Dr Garzo gave me sufficient time to ensure my questions were answered... He was plenty compassionate, but in a more formal way.
2010 - 2012
IVF, Egg Freezing
He was professional and expressed himself well. He is NOT all warm and fuzzy, but I don't need/want that. He was plenty compassionate, but in a more formal way.
No advice specific to him.
To start with, they were willing to take my frozen embryos (created in Boston and shipped to them). A lot of places won't touch you if they don't get to do everything. They kindly listened to my concerns; after hours calls were answered quickly and without annoyance. Though I (as expected) spent most of my time with the nurses, Dr Garzo gave me sufficient time to ensure my questions were answered. They had the head of the lab come and talk to me about my frozen embroys, which I really appreciated. They were willing to work with me when I moved to Houston, TX; they let me do ALL my pre-work in TX (I had to arrange ultrasounds and bloodwork on my own, but it was worth it to not have to fly back and forth to SD). I tried to find a doc in Houston who would take my frozen embroys, but the best shop in town said no and I wasn't willing to go to any of the other Houston clinis.
While I didn't bond with them like the nurse from my first IVF experience, they did their job well, made sure I always knew what to do and when, and answered questions promptly when I called.

3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
We love Dr Garzo! He takes the time to review our situation at each and every appointment. He proceeded each step with care and always provided his expertise. He is super kind too! He would always greet our 2 year old, which means a lot to us.... I felt Dr Garzo did everything in line with protocol in adherence to our situation. He adjusted meds as needed and would ask to see me daily to make sure things were going as he expected them to.
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
We love Dr Garzo! He takes the time to review our situation at each and every appointment. He proceeded each step with care and always provided his expertise. He is super kind too! He would always greet our 2 year old, which means a lot to us. We would 100% recommend him hands down.
Ask questions no matter how silly you might think they sound! The more you know, the easier the process is.
He took the time to explain each step and proceeded each retrieval and transfer with care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachelle Ferrer)
They are all amazing! We met with another clinic before going to Reproductive Partners and the difference was night and day. We love coming to this office because we feel welcome by all and everyone interacts with us!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
They are very organized and responsive. This is something that is important because there is so much one is going through and to have a whole office that is organized makes a huge difference. This is from the front office to the nurses to the doctor.
It's IVF so it gets expensive. That is expected.

Other, Unexplained
From the moment I met him Dr. Garzo made me feel like he had my best interests at heart. I knew he truly listened as I explained what brought me to his office when he made his recommendations to me. He was so thorough in our meeting and exam, I really felt like I'd found the right doctor to work with on what had already been an emotional roller coaster. He is really wonderful.... He's just a lovely human being.
Other, Unexplained
I can't recommend Dr. Garzo highly enough. I feel so fortunate to have found him. My first experience in a Reproductive Endocrinologist was terrible. I felt like I was on an assembly line and represented a paycheck. From the moment I met Dr. Garzo I knew I'd come tot he right place. He's just a lovely human being.
No advice, he will work with you wherever you are.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sheri)
Sheri is the primary person I communicate with outside of appointments. She is quick to respond to emails and very helpful. She has been a pleasure to work with.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
The office staff are friendly. When you arrive they will take a photo of you and your husband for their chart. The clinic is on the 8th floors of Scripps hospital in La Jolla. Some of the doctors there also work at UCSD. It's a warm and welcoming environment.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Doctor Garzo was compassionate, explained everything in detail and made me aware of every step. My first try with donor eggs gave me a beautiful baby boy, second attempt did not take, however, will definitely try again with doctor garzo.... Since the beginning doctor garzo made me aware that my egg quality was not good and low, so he suggested donor eggs and gave me all the specifics. After we found our donor the clinic was amazing both
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs
Wonderful staff couldn’t have asked for more. Doctor Garzo was compassionate, explained everything in detail and made me aware of every step. My first try with donor eggs gave me a beautiful baby boy, second attempt did not take, however, will definitely try again with doctor garzo.
Ask all questions and be as open as possible. Doctor Garzo will answer everything in detail.
Wonderful staff and excellent doctor attention
Since the beginning doctor garzo made me aware that my egg quality was not good and low, so he suggested donor eggs and gave me all the specifics. After we found our donor the clinic was amazing both with her and with me. I started my injections and patches and once a positive pregnancy test came back I still moved forward with injections and patches for a few weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittnie )
Wonderful person and very informative.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
No weaknesses, wonderful staff across the board, from the receptionist to the doctors and nurses. Everyone is willing to help and answer any questions that one might have. I would highly recommend the entire office.
Don’t remember a specific number
doctor garzo made me aware why multiple embryos does not mean a higher way is having a positive outcome and if it is a pregnancy with multiple it puts both the babies and me at risk.

2009 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Garzo was present every step of the way wether it was not so good news or amazing news. He always had the next plan ready for us. He never made us feel rushed or like he has another patient waiting ... He took his time, went over all the steps and he truly cares about you. ... We first did one round of iui with donor sperm, was on clomid 100 mg. We went in for our first iui procedure.
2009 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The most caring doctor that you can trust
He took his time, went over all the steps and he truly cares about you.
We first did one round of iui with donor sperm, was on clomid 100 mg. We went in for our first iui procedure. Came back to do the pregnancy test, came back negative. Dr. Garzo saw a couple of polyps that i had my obgyn remove. We then planned for another iui round but this time i had to do a shot the night before to boost my ovaries, while in clomid as well. Went in to do a iui procedure then again the next day. Then was on insertable progesterone capsules. Went in for our pregnancy and got results that we were pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
They are amazing, they make you feel a part of a family there
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Fertility Center.
Weakness is the elevators are always packed and lobby is busy. Clinic itself is relaxing and comfortable. The ladies at the front are always friendly and welcoming. No matter who you walk next to they are always smiling
Visit and ultrasound were reasonable , iui procedures were ok. Infertility treatments no matter what are expensive.
2011 - 2016
Ask questions know all of the information before you begin and do your own research. We have had a long journey with different dr and dr garzo is amazing and clearly knows what he is doing...Dr Garzo is great more of a facts and numbers guy....The first time for iui we had a ton of bills [from Reproductive Partners] . This time our insurance covers cost and the finance people are all over helping and providing detailed info. They call back in less than 24 hours
2011 - 2016
Dr garzo is great more of a facts and numbers guy.
The first time for iui we had a ton of bills. This time our insurance covers cost and the finance people are all over helping and providing detailed info. They call back in less than 24 hours