UPMC Magee

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolYale
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Pittsburgh
300 Halket St., Suite 5150
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gabriella Gosman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UPMC Magee to a friend?
She [Dr. Gabriella Gosman] was very helpful and understanding and compassionate. She respected my medical knowledge and my needing to understand things. She respected my worries and hesitations. Even though I did not get the results I wanted with those 2 IUI procedures, I would recommend her. We just moved back to State College, PA and that is why I'm not still seeing her.
How was your experience with Gabriella Gosman at UPMC Magee?
She was very helpful and understanding and compassionate. She respected my medical knowledge and my needing to understand things. She respected my worries and hesitations. Even though I did not get the results I wanted with those 2 IUI procedures, I would recommend her. We just moved back to State College, PA and that is why I'm not still seeing her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gabriella Gosman at UPMC Magee?
Advocate for yourself and trust her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gabriella Gosman at UPMC Magee?
She spoke to me personally and my case specifically versus talking about "cases like mine.". She understood and respected I was in the healthcare field and needed to understand everything.
Describe the protocols Gabriella Gosman used in your cycles at UPMC Magee and their degree of success.
We used IUI without injectables at this point because I am ovulating on my own and she didn't want me to hyperstimulate. My husband's count is good so she wasn't worried about that. My ovarian reserve is low so that is why we are starting these treatments early rather than trying oral medication and intercourse for longer.
They were so kind and considerate compassionate and helped explain things that I didn't understand. They also respected that I was in the medical field and wanted to understand everything detail.
Describe your experience with UPMC Magee.
The clinic is very good and because it is in Pittsburgh with so many resources, they have good results. I would recommend to advocate for yourself and no what you want to do and to not wait a long time before trying other options.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gabriella Gosman at UPMC Magee.
It was expensive but manageable because I had good insurance as well as the amount t that UPMC will put towards your infertility care if you have it done at a UPMC hospital. It helped that I worked at the hospital where I was having treatment.
Describe Gabriella Gosman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UPMC Magee.
What specific things went wrong at UPMC Magee?
2013 - 2014
I was being treated for secondary infertility with unique religious considerations for my treatment. Dr. Gosman was incredibly supportive and understanding and willing to accommodate my unique needs and try different things. I still remember my first visit with her, after over a year of trying and failing to conceive, she said to me "You've had a baby before, and you'll have one again." She gave me so much hope at a time when I was feeling hopeless.
2013 - 2014