Nurse available by email
FellowshipU. of Connecticut
3 Medical Park Drive
Columbia, SC 29203
(803)-726-3600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gail Whitman-Elia to a friend?

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I have felt that she [Dr. Gail Whitman-Elia] cared about my emotional and physical health. She was realistic and upfront about our situation. After years of loss and suffering it makes a difference when a physician allows you to cry and share your hopes and dreams. When you feel that you dreams are shattering you need a physician that allows you to have hope or deal with reality.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gail Whitman-Elia at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Thus far I have felt like a valued patient. I have felt that she cared about my emotional and physical health. She was realistic and upfront about our situation. After years of loss and suffering it makes a difference when a physician allows you to cry and share your hopes and dreams. When you feel that you dreams are shattering you need a physician that allows you to have hope or deal with reality.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gail Whitman-Elia at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Whitman is honest and upfront. If you expect for a doctor to tell you what you want to hear versus the truth, she is not the one for you. If you want a real perspective, guidance and support the Dr. Whitman is it!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gail Whitman-Elia at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Whitman recognized our pain and allowed me to drain my emotions. She did not rush through our sessions and she never made me feel like my questions were stupid. She recognized that for the last 8 years I have been suffering emotionally and physically and needed a physician to really listen to me. She made me feel as if what I had to say was important . The previous physicians did not listen to me and made me feel as if I did not know my body.
Describe the protocols Gail Whitman-Elia used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
The plan was to ensure I was healthy and ready for the process. I had surgery to remove endometriosis and fibroids to make my uterus and ready as possible. I then will begin try a round of IUI, my choice. However, Dr. Whitman has recommended IVF or surrogacy due to my many recurrent losses, but that cost is beyond my family’s ability.
The nursing staff has always been friendly and engaging.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic staff is always friendly and helpful. The clinic itself is always clean, peaceful and quiet. The wait time is usually realistic and they provide updates as needed. The office is cold so bring a sweater.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gail Whitman-Elia at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Thus far care cost has been reasonable.
Columbia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gail Whitman-Elia at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.

I felt like she [Dr. Whitman-Elia] treated us like a human. She was very friendly and honest with us. We appreciated her for that. She also talked about her own family with us which made the whole situation even more personal and relaxing.... She did not give us any false hopes but worked with us as much as she could. She told us that we needed to do IVF but we were not financially ready for that process. So she let us try the IUI and worked with us throughout that process.
How was your experience with Gail Whitman-Elia at Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute?
She was very friendly and honest the whole way through the part of the process we were in. She did not give us any false hopes but worked with us as much as she could. She told us that we needed to do IVF but we were not financially ready for that process. So she let us try the IUI and worked with us throughout that process. Even though she didn't recommend it, she was never negative towards it. She talked about being spiritual and that made us feel even more comfortable because we also believe in the power of God.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gail Whitman-Elia at Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute?
I would let them know to go to her with their true feelings about what they are going through.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gail Whitman-Elia at Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute?
I felt like she treated us like a human. She was very friendly and honest with us. We appreciated her for that. She also talked about her own family with us which made the whole situation even more personal and relaxing.
Describe the protocols Gail Whitman-Elia used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute and their degree of success.
Like mentioned before, she recommended that we do IVF but out finances would not let us go that step. So she was in agreement to try the IUI cycles a few more time and told us to have faith that it will happen.
Everyone in the nursing staff that we came in contact with were very friendly and caring.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute.
The front desk staff of the clinic were not as friendly as the nurses. They made it seem like it was just a job for them. The finance coordinator was not compassionate with working with. She just did the minimum to get us through. I did not feel comfortable with her at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gail Whitman-Elia at Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute.
We were approved through the Department of Veterans Affairs for payments. The VA was paying 100% of the bill. But for some reason, we still had to pay $1600 before IVF could be done.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute?

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Whitman-Elia] also found my thyroid to be on the lower end of normal and put me on Synthroid. She explained how important it was to have a good thyroid level when trying to conceive...She reviewed my previous records from my other Dr. She ordered an HSG to make sure my tubes were clear, a semen analysis to verify my husband's sperm was good. She started me on Femara and increased it to 10mg per cycle when I did not ovulate on lower doses. Dr. Whitman kept me on the 10mg dose for a couple of cycles with a trigger shot.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Like I addressed earlier, Dr. Whitman has always been compassionate and hopeful during this process. She has been positive and always been very informative about the treatment process and plan of care.
Write down your concerns and ask Dr. Whitman directly. If you have questions or concerns you can always call and ask to speak to a RN.
DR Whitman has always been professional and very informative. She has been straight forward with providing me with adequate information and details. She has always taken the time to sit, listen, and address my concerns.
During our first consultation, we developed a plan of care. She reviewed my previous records from my other Dr. She ordered an HSG to make sure my tubes were clear, a semen analysis to verify my husband's sperm was good. She started me on Femara and increased it to 10mg per cycle when I did not ovulate on lower doses. Dr. Whitman kept me on the 10mg dose for a couple of cycles with a trigger shot. She also found my thyroid to be on the lower end of normal and put me on Synthroid. She explained how important it was to have a good thyroid level when trying to conceive. After a few months break from treatment for personal reasons I went back and described my symptoms and rechecked my labs and adjust meds per results. She has been thorough and I'm hopeful she will help up expand our family.
From the beginning, I was concerned some of the staff would come in to do a mid-cycle ultrasound and they wouldn't introduce themselves. I wasn't sure if I was talking to a Medical Assitant or an actual Registered Nurse. I was in a very vulnerable position both emotionally and physically. (the mid-cycle are internal ultrasounds, legs up in the stirrups, light cover covering your bottom half). I would at least like to know your name. I was not sure who I could ask specific questions to. I was able to communicate with a Registered Nurse and did get clarification. I had issues with getting medication refills. I had multiple incidents where the wrong medication was sent to the pharmacy, the wrong dose, the wrong quantity. I eventually did call and speak with the manager and get my issue resolved. I have not had any further issues since that time.
The Dr.'s are readily available if needed. The front/checkout staff has always been warm and welcoming. Appointments have been on time about 80% of the time. They do have a comfortable waiting room with WIFI that works the majority of the time. The facility is equipped to do the majority of test/procedures. I've had labs, HSG, ultrasounds, and consultations in one building. I would like the staff doing your procedures at least introduce themselves. I don't need a life story just a name and who you are would be nice. I don't want to ask you a question that is out of your scope of practice. I should add this has not been all staff just a couple people who have done this. It's such an emotional thing dealing with infertility and having a warm introduction can really ease the nerves.
I have had two different insurances during my treatments. I have not had any problems with billing.
Describe Gail Whitman-Elia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute.
No comments at this time. We have not discussed this option yet.
West Columbia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gail Whitman-Elia at Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute.

Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. WHITMAN IS A VERY CARING , AND UNDERSTANDING DOCTOR THAT WILL TREAT YOU THE WAY WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.... She is a very good , and caring doctor. She informed my husband and I on every step of the way.She explained everything to us in a gentle way. I will continue to go to her as long as we can. I highly recommend her to everyone!!
Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. GAIL IS very caring and understanding with my needs.
My Protocol was Gonal F 225 units injection for 9 days , low dose hcg SQ injections 15 unirs a day for 9 days. I started off using microdose Lupton am/pm at 20 units twice daily for 12 days. My hubby and I took keflex 500mg twice a day for 19 days. Took baby aspirin 81mg once daily. Had 2 baseline ultrasound s, and 2 blood tests. Took Medrol 16mg once a day the day after egg retrivel till few days adter transfer. I took a 5mg valium and Feldene 10mg an hour before transfer. The valium did not help , I was still tense and felt everything. I started the progesterone 50mg once a day injection the day after egg retrivel surgery till my 14 day blood test that was negitive.
They all were caring and helped us .
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Weakness I would say the communication between the staff is low, had to keep reminding them on things. The office staff seem to be lost sometimes with the communication with nurses ,and docs. Strength I would say they compassion they have with the patients.
We did the Simply IVF the payment to doctor office was $5500.00. We paid for a sonagraham before we started our cycle it cost us $500.00. Each time we meet the doctor it cost us $90.00 dollars each time.

PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Whitman-Elia] was very personable and made me feel comfortable discussing my medical history. She was very blunt and was easy to understand when explaining my diagnosis and further treatments options.... Her ability to carefully explain complex medical terms and conditions to me in a way that was easy for me understand and comprehend was astounding. Honestly, I didn't leave the appointment with any unanswered questions or concerns.
PCOS, Other
I had a tubal reversal in May 2016 and went to my first visit at a fertility clinic in 2017 after a year of not conceiving. On the very first visit the doctor suggested IVF and sent me straight to their financial counselor's office to discuss payment options. I was very displeased by this at the fact no treatment options other than IVF were discussed after the very first examination which was very vague. So, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Gail Whitman-Elias for a second opinion after having a bad experience with the other fertility clinic/doctor. I was pleasantly surprised after my first visit with Dr. Whitman and she gave me a better outlook on my options for conceiving a child. She made me feel very optimistic about my chances of conceiving and told me for my age my egg count was really good, so time wasn't a huge factor at the moment. She gave me a list of things I needed to do for her to decide on the best possible treatment plan for me and my partner. I had blood work performed , took an HSG test and my partner had a sperm analysis. After she reviewed the results, I set up an other appointment to discuss further treatment options. Her ability to carefully explain complex medical terms and conditions to me in a way that was easy for me understand and comprehend was astounding. Honestly, I didn't leave the appointment with any unanswered questions or concerns. I don't have anything negative to say about Dr. Whitman. She is awesome!
I would tell the patient to discuss anything you feel is important with Dr. Whitman even if you feel like it is irrelevant. Ask lots of questions! This could be the one vital bit of information she may need to better understand your situation and needs. If she knows your concerns and history it will make it easier for her to figure out the best possible treatment along with her diagnosis and plans.
She was very personable and made me feel comfortable discussing my medical history. She was very blunt and was easy to understand when explaining my diagnosis and further treatments options. I would highly recommend Dr. Whitman for anyone seeking fertility related issues.
Dr. Whitman-Elia performed an trans-vaginal ultrasound on my first visit along with a physical examination. We discussed prior treatments and procedures as well as my medical history. She gave me a sheet with the list of procedures my partner and I needed to complete in order for her to determine what may be causing the infertility issues and best possible treatment plans. After reviewing my blood work I had a vitamin D deficiency and I started taking vitamin D supplements with my prenatal vitamin daily. My partner's sperm analysis revealed 2% morphology, so he has since cut out smokeless tobacco use and alcohol consumption to see if it helps improve his morphology issues. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2003 which Dr. Whitman-Elia confirmed, so she prescribed 1000mg of Metformin daily. She suggested IUI or Simply IVF for the next treatment process. So, I decided to try IUI and I am currently waiting for my next cycle so I can start fertility medicine to prepare for my first IUI treatment.
The nursing staff were very proffessional and genuinely caring.
The clinic was very clean and organized. The staff always greeted me with a smile and were very helpful. As a new patient, I would make sure your medical records were received prior to the first initial appointment. My records were requested but not sent to Dr. Whitman's office by the day of my appointment. Do not wait until the appointment to see if they have received them. She usually will not see you if your records have not been received.
Second Opinion - Initial Appointment $0 (Free) Blood work $280 Day 3 Labs $600 Sperm Analysis $125 Consultation $90
2011 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained
She [Dr. Gail Whitman-Elia] was very friendly yet informative. Her bedside manner is great. However, she told me I would be easy to get pregnant with IVF and that hasn't been the case. I have had 5 failed Ivfs ( 10 embryos)...after several failed cycles was reluctant to change protocol... During the procedure she is very calm and says encouraging words...1 ERA biopsy 1 PGD 2 FETS little different meds, also added blood thinner shots and acupuncture.
2011 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained
She is very compassionate, friendly and educated. During the procedure she is very calm and says encouraging words. She doesn't talk down to you. However, she can sometimes give you unrealistic expectations. Example: telling me I would most likely get pregnant with my first IVF. Also, after several failed cycles was reluctant to change protocol.
It usually takes more cycles to have a baby then she tells you. Be patient ( very HARD).
She was very friendly yet informative. Her bedside manner is great. However, she told me I would be easy to get pregnant with IVF and that hasn't been the case. I have had 5 failed Ivfs ( 10 embryos).
3 iui's with dikey protocol 1 Fresh IVF with antagonist protocol with : Gonal-f, ldhcg, doxycycline at luteal day 1-7, Medrol @ luteal day 1-7, Progesterone oil 50mg luteal day 2-until 2 FETS similar protocol 1 Embryo retrieval ( can't remember protocol) 1 ERA biopsy 1 PGD 2 FETS little different meds, also added blood thinner shots and acupuncture.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute. (Assigned nurse: Judy)
All the nurses were excellent. The IVF coordinator did not have the greatest personality. She did not give you the bad news very well.
Very friendly staff. Clinic is very welcoming and clean. It may take them a few days to call you back and several weeks to email you back due to the amount of patients. However, I would recommend this clinic. I feel the strengths out way the weakness.
Around 5,000 for FET Around 10,000-12,000 for IVF Around 250 for consult Around 350 plus meds for iui's $250 for ultrasound
My doctor did not want to put in more than 2 due to my age.

IVF, Donor Eggs
dr Whitman is very good at what she does however if you don’t ask questions I think details that you may want to know get overlooked...We did one transfer with no success then tried again with a miscarriage. At that point dr Whitman suggested the ERA biopsy which ultimately is what made the difference and I was able to get pregnant and carry full term. I wish the ERA biopsy could be done to begin with because then I may still have the option to try again with leftover embryos. By the time we were pregnant we had used everything we had.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Whitman is very kind. I was a lot to handle and she handled me well. I was a bit of a different situation and Dr. Whitman tried very hard to keep me positive and moving forward! She is very knowledgeable and informative. The only suggestion I’d have is to remember that your patients don’t do this stuff everyday even though you do. So trying to really break things down and simplify them for better understanding would be great.
Ask a lot of questions. Do not leave with not knowing what it is you need or want to know...dr Whitman is very good at what she does however if you don’t ask questions I think details that you may want to know get overlooked.
We did do it eggs but my husbands sperm. I had an exam and blood work. We did one transfer with no success then tried again with a miscarriage. At that point dr Whitman suggested the ERA biopsy which ultimately is what made the difference and I was able to get pregnant and carry full term. I wish the ERA biopsy could be done to begin with because then I may still have the option to try again with leftover embryos. By the time we were pregnant we had used everything we had.
Great team of ladies!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I honestly wasn’t too involved with the clinic under the current name. I only had my final transfer done under the preg name. Before it was advanced fertility run by dr Whitman. Either way the clinic is wonderful from I did experience!
I paid $22,500 upfront then paid for all of my medications and I cannot remember after that but want to say overall I spent upwards of about $50,000 with medications and testing
Columbia

I objected myself daily for hyperstimulation of my ovaries. I was monitored really close by Dr. Elia-Whitman for the next month. Once she was happy with the progress a retrieval day was scheduled. They retrieved 17 eggs, 8 were fertilized, 2 implanted, and both became live births. My kids, twins, are now 3. We had a positive pregnancy test and a blood test to measure the hormone and then in a few days we did it again. At 6 weeks we had an ultra sound and that was our last visit.
Dr. Elia- Whitman was very personable. She was very knowledgeable about her field. Always was super supportive. Her staff was phenomenal. I always felt like I was in good hands and like they were the best opportunity I had to have kids around here. At our first visit they went over expectations, procedures, storage and options for fertility and cost after insurance. We ordered the medications and they were shipped directly to us. I did injections to hyperstimulate my ovaries. I was scheduled for ultra sounds throughout that next month, going in every two days. It was quite a regimen. When my eggs were ready, they retrieved them. We had no problems with this procedure. They got 17 eggs and fertilized them. After fertilization using ICSI we had 8 embryos. They took the two largest embryos and implanted them in my uterus. Dr. Elia-Whitman told me on the day they placed them that I shouldn’t be surprized by Twins. She was right. We got pregnant with the first round with twins, one boy and one girl. At 6 weeks we had an ultrasound of our twins and this was our last visit with them. We are very grateful to have these kids!! They are our miracle babies.
Follow the regimen. It’s definitely set up for you to be sucessful.
Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, competent
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
We had an excellent experience. I do not recall anything that was a weakness. Plan to be available for the month you go. It’s very intense regimen, but if you want kids this may be your only hope. It was for us. They put you in a group July/August but really most of the intensive stuff is in August. They manipulate your cycle to start so that everyone is about at the same place.
It was about $6000. $1600 in meds and $4500 after insurance for everything, all appointments, egg retrieval, egg placement, blood work, and last ultrasound.
Columbia

She [Dr. Gail Whitman-Elia] was knowledgeable, and open to individualized protocols. However, she wasn't very good about communication after the initial consult. Very much a "don't worry" type without addressing very real concerns and anxieties.... I feel she was open to individualized protocols. However, she was kind of distant after the initial consult. Leaving my care to the nurses.... I have very little good things to say about the nurses other than Emilee.
She was knowledgeable, and open to individualized protocols. However, she wasn't very good about communication after the initial consult. Very much a "don't worry" type without addressing very real concerns and anxieties.
She has lots of experience, however, she's not the best at communicating every step of the way, though most of the lack of communication was less on her and more on her nurses.
Letrozole for follicular development and Ovidrel trigger prior to IUI.
I have very little good things to say about the nurses other than Emilee. Emilee was compassionate. The rest of my interactions with the nurses were not so great. They were either distant, clueless, or just plain rude. Communication was terrible as well.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Location was ideal. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and professional. (Sanora and Brittany) Honestly, they were the best part of the clinic. The weaknesses were the lack of communication by the nurses and the doctor just brushing off care to the nurses.
This place was less expensive than the other local clinic. I do not remember specifics. Either way the process is expensive.
Columbia

She [Dr. Gail Whitman-Elia] was excellent and very knowledgeable. She made sure I was comfortable and explained things to me each visit I saw her. I was treated like a priority every visit. Her demeanor is so calm and she is just wonderful to deal with.... We used low dose HCG 20 mg and Gonal F 300 to start with then bumped to 375 dosage. Cetrotide, Keflex, Aspirin, Pregnyl trigger, Estradiol, and Progesterone in oil 1/2 ml were also used
She was excellent and very knowledgeable. She made sure I was comfortable and explained things to me each visit I saw her. I was treated like a priority every visit. Her demeanor is so calm and she is just wonderful to deal with.
Dr. Whitman and her whole staff were always very comforting and understanding throughout the whole process. We were always made to feel comfortable and like we were a main priority every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emilie Smith)
Emilie Smith was my coordinator and I could not have asked for anyone better. There are not enough words to describe how wonderful she is. Catherine was my nurse in the OR at the office and she is also amazing. They made me as comfortable as I could be with all of my procedures throughout the process and I can’t thank them enough for their kindness. Both are perfect for their jobs!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Everyone was extremely friendly and knew your name and the cleanliness of the clinic was wonderful. Everyone took time with us if needed and made sure we were always comfortable and understood what was going on
With everything we paid for last year totaled a bit over 12,700.00 not including the 5000.00 in medicines we spent this year

2012 - 2015
I was very pleased with the overall experience, when we had failure with procedures Dr. Whitman-Elia and her staff showed the compassion we needed.... After the second round of IVF and we had a blighted ovum we came to the table and discussed every aspect of the protocol. Dr. Whitman-elia suggested I have some genetic testing and after the results were back we changed the protocol, used a different sperm donor.
2012 - 2015
I was very pleased with the overall experience, when we had failure with procedures Dr. Whitman-Elia and her staff showed the compassion we needed. They answered every question and helped navigate the next process. Whenever we hit a roadblock medically, emotionally, or financially someone was willing to help.
Be patient with the process!
She was genuinely interested in me as a person and the desire to become a mother.
After the second round of IVF and we had a blighted ovum we came to the table and discussed every aspect of the protocol. Dr. Whitman-elia suggested I have some genetic testing and after the results were back we changed the protocol, used a different sperm donor. The stimulation medication was adjusted and we focused on quality not quantity.
Willing to answer any questions and concerns, and if she did not have have the answer she would make sure she got the information I needed and that I was able to understand the process.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I did not fit the typical patient profile. I was concerned about my weight and all I had to do was remember my desire to conceive. That is what they focused on as well, relieved my anxiety. Focus on the desire of your heart and it will all be okay.
The first couple of visits at the clinic were out of pocket and money was never an issue. The last round of IVF was covered by insurance.

2013 - 2014
She [Dr. Whitman-Elia] personalized our appointments and was always upfront and honest.... We had wonderful experiences each time we saw her. She was always honest, but gave us enough hope to believe we would have a child. Although our first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage, our second pregnancy ended with a healthy singleton. We were very pleased with the level of care received and are anxious to attempt another chance at increasing our family.
2013 - 2014
We had wonderful experiences each time we saw her. She was always honest, but gave us enough hope to believe we would have a child. Although our first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage, our second pregnancy ended with a healthy singleton. We were very pleased with the level of care received and are anxious to attempt another chance at increasing our family. I would highly recommend her to anyone and have shared our stories to many friends that have met with the PREG office in hopes of adding to their family.
Be patient, do as they say, and believe that a healthy baby will be the end result.
She personalized our appointments and was always upfront and honest.
I don't remember all. I remember being on injections, pills, and having lots of bloodwork.
They always called us by name and were always pleasant and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I don't have any complaints. It was always clean and organized. There was always water available and our appointments were kept on time within a couple of minutes. The employees made being there not so scary and made you feel like you were a part of their family. They took pride in their job and it was obvious by their hard work and the upkeep of the building.
I had insurance and it covered a great deal. I was able to pay on my services and use credit cards. Overall, the expenses I thought would prevent us from proceeding were not as bad as we thought. Before the company merged with PREG, we were able to pay our account to zero.
Describe Gail Whitman-Elia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
She always wanted healthy embroys and didn't want to risk multiples because then you had a higher risk of death and/or disabilities. She only transferred two each cycle for me.

2008 - 2018
I felt that Dr. W-Elia listened to my concerns. She did all necessary test to determine my correct treatment for success. Everything was explained to me a manner that I understood even risk. All that she stated was correct and so ended up with a beautiful son.... You could tell she was very compassionate in what she was doing. I felt the emotions from her while hearing my story and my issues: I felt like she genuinely cared and wanted me to get pregnant. Not just for ratings but for my happiness.
2008 - 2018
Expect for her to do everything she possibly can to help you to conceive.
They are currently working with me with timing no finances. So I get return call right away and questions are always answered to an understanding manner.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is very clean and organized. You are given information from the time you walk in the door until you leave out. So you never feel like your questions are not being answered.You are shown everything that you are going to go through step by step. Financial staff is also great at breaking things down to you for cost.
I'm not completely sure but any where from 10000- 14000
Columbia

Gail Whitman-Elia strength was her communication, her will to try different medication to help us conceive. Gail Whitman weaknesses is i felt i was giving only two opinions iui or ivf , i felt i needed to be more examined to why iui is not working.... Dr Whitman has a humble sweet personality that made my husband and i feel comfortable. I felt like a human because it snowed how deeply she cared
Gail Whitman is a great caring Doctor, i Would recommend that the patient walking in knows what they want and all the options they might have, because you might not have all options told to you
In 2 cycles of iui i use levathyroxy, clomid, 250 ovidrel The 3rd cycle of Ovulate on all 3 cycles and failed to conceive all 3
Outstanding staff, great communication, excellent on getting to no there patient. The only weakness is somethings you have to reach out to thim for more information
Overall clean and friendly, they really care about your Fertility issues. Appointments are quickly. Weakness, Not as prompt, You might have to stay up on thim with info or concerns you might have. Dont leave if you have any questions, ask while your there.
400 iui costs

2013 - 2018
Our questions were answered and a plan set in action. We were pleased with her and the office. Dr Whitman was referred to us by friend. My friend is now going to her as well. She explained all the different treatments Ana where we should begin.... We started with iui because we had done the pills already with no success. She explained how to adminerster the shots. I went back in to make sure there were eggs. She told me to take the trigger shot and then I went back in on that Monday.
2013 - 2018
Be paintent. Some methods work and some don’t.
We started with iui because we had done the pills already with no success. She explained how to adminerster the shots. I went back in to make sure there were eggs. She told me to take the trigger shot and then I went back in on that Monday. 2 weeks later I went back in for a test and it was negative. My husband and I took a break. We started back again last year. We are still saving money at this point to move forward with IVF.
They were all very nice Ana accommodating.
This is very clean and organized place. I have been to doctors visits as well as seminars. Everyone is friendly and there to help. The finical staff even meet my husband Ana I on a Saturday morning to discuss our options.
It was around $2000.

2014 - 2018
She [Dr. Gail Whitman-Elia] is an awesome provider. She does an excellent job. She was compassionate and very truthful about our situation. Never is she doubtful aboutmy getting pregnant. She givesus hope. When medication problems arised, she was quick to respond and fix the issue.... he told me that I would benefit from IVF but at the time we could not afford that treatment plan. She worked to make IUI for our needs. But was truthful in saying shedding recommend going that route.
2014 - 2018
She is an awesome provider. She does an excellent job. She was compassionate and very truthful about our situation. Never is she doubtful aboutmy getting pregnant. She givesus hope. When medication problems arised, she was quick to respond and fix the issue.
I would tell them to be truthful and honest about their situation so that the doctor can truly help them concieve.
She was caring and very comfortable to talk with.
Well, I have unexplained infertility. She told me that I would benefit from IVF but at the time we could not afford that treatment plan. She worked to make IUI for our needs. But was truthful in saying shedding recommend going that route.
Very caring and compassionate.
The financial counselor did not under how the VA payments worked. That was very stressful for us. We had such a hard time explaining the processto her. The VA couldnt get her to understand the process. So that put our treatments on hold. She made us feel astjough she didnt want to dealwith VA payments.
Our payments were made via Veterans Affairs.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Whitman took us under her wing after a failed IUI at another clinic in town. She made sure we understood everything from day 1. When we had a failed cycle due to poor egg quality, she personally called me to. Heck on me. She truly cares about her patients. We had one cycle that we had to cancel half way through due to decreased ovarian reserve and she cried with me in the office. She is amazing.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Don't expect her to hold your hand. She is the sweetest, but she doesn't take a lot of time with you. She is very straight and to the point.
The whole office knew me by first name, and even knew what kind of car I drove.
I used the agonist protocol for all 3 of my cycles. Gonal F, Low Dose HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Tori)
Tori is he best. She was my go to person with all of my crazy questions.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is great. The only thing I will say is that it is like a maze trying to navigate through it!
My insurance covered 90%of my costs but we were still out of pocket nearly 15000.
Our only transfer, we transferred 1 embryo. We were told "we want to get you pregnant but not too pregnant".
Columbia
She [Dr. Gail Whitman-Elia] was the best. I can't say anything bad about her. She talked me through everything...She has the best heart. She is committed to her patients in all aspects no matter what. I cried she always made sure I was ok before I left the clinic. She called and checked or answered all my questions...she really cares. She is there with her heart...She helped us have our little miracle.
She is the best and she really cares. She is there with her heart not just for money
She was the best. I can't say anything bad about her. She talked me through everything. She helped us have our little miracle. I love her for that.
I can't remember
Every one was so caring to us always I never felt like a number there it was like home.
I can't say anything other than they are the best . This clinic really cares for the patients. Holly explains everything in detail always. Shalonda is great at the front desk and the girl that takes the blood is great
West Columbia

I only seen Mrs Whitman once since starting treatment but the first time she was nice and concern about my well-being before starting treatment because I am a transplant patient.she was very altertive and paid close attention to my treatment and started treatment with my pcos.... The staff [PREG] are nice and compassinte always there when I'm in need of any assistance with treatment are anything.If I call for an appointment will have me seen within the next day or so. Very generous people will go out there way to help either emotionally or financially they are always there.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The staff are nice and compassinte always there when I'm in need of any assistance with treatment are anything.If I call for an appointment will have me seen within the next day or so. Very generous people will go out there way to help either emotionally or financially they are always there.
Columbia

When my husband and I met with her [Dr. Whiteman-Elia] she laid it all out for us. She gave us hope and encouraged us to get started with treatments sooner than later because of my age....We were comfortable talking to her and asking questions.she is Very knowledgeable and she gave us hope! She explained things to us and kept US pretty much informed.The day before our retrieval she told us to pray for grade A eggs.
Ask questions until you have clarity.
When my husband and I met with her she laid it all out for us. She gave us hope and encouraged us to get started with treatments sooner than later because of my age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
Tiffany Rn was awesome! We communicated via phone and email! She answered my questions and kept me informed.
The clinics is state of the art! Everything from labs to procedures can be done under one roof.
I'm sorry I don't remember the exact price! My insurance paid some and so did we!
Because of my age of 38 Dr Elia recommended multiple embryo transfer but we didn't make it to the transfer part
West Columbia

She [Dr. Gail Whitman-Elia] was a heart warming person...I just loved her explaination of everything and my ivf treatment over all...I would go for my fet...i was in a sad state being 25 with only one ovary and no fallopian tubes but Mrs Gail whitmen helped me and comfort me gave me hope...I felt like a human because she talk to me regardless even though I was in pain and hurt...gave me a hug and told me I will have my baby through ivf.
She was a heart warming person I just loved her explaination of everything and my ivf treatment over all I would go for my fet i was in a sad state being 25 with only one ovary and no fallopian tubes but Mrs Gail whitmen helped me and comfort me gave me hope
You would love her and will come back
I felt like a human because she talk to me regardless even though I was in pain and hurt that I'm 25 with no fallopian tubes and only one ovary she talk to me gave me hope and gave me a hug and told me I will have my baby through ivf.
The nurses were so helpful and explain everything to me that I ask and needed I love the preg office I hope I can start my ivf in 2020 I'm saving up for it it would be so wonderful if I was pick for the free ivf it would be a blessing I'm a preschool teacher I work with infants it hurts my heart everyday that I can't concieve naturally but hopefully this is a blessing.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
It's no weakness Everytime I call they answer their not rude they always call back if I leave a voicemail their very helpful and listen to you.and your needs I'm so glad that I found the preg office even though I wish ivf wasn't so expensive so I can start right away I love it here and I will be going back to a fet
I know Im going to have to go through winfertitly because I'm self pay I'm saving up for it hopefully I can start in 2020 through that company they say 1400 medication included alot of money I'm only at 500 dollars a little I know hopefully I'll have the money by 2020 I'm so sad and worried I really want a baby I cry every night about for me to be so young
Columbia

She [Dr. Gail Whitman-Elia] is a great doctor who takes pride and passion in what she does. She changes a lot of lives by helping us get a blessings. I had a great experience at her clinic.My life changed when I thought that I couldn't get pregnant and it happened even though I had a ectopic pregnancy but just knowing I could get pregnant was amazing.... She treated me so well and any questions or concerns I had she was there to answer them. I appreciate everything she did.
She is a great doctor who takes pride and passion in what she does. She changes a lot of lives by helping us get a blessings. I had a great experience at her clinic.My life changed when I thought that I couldn't get pregnant and it happened even though I had a ectopic pregnancy but just knowing I could get pregnant was amazing.
She does a great jobs to make people happy no matter what she loves her job.
All in all excellent nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
For me I didn't see anything out of character at this clinic. All around excellent job very nice and clean facility. I would definitely recommend friends, coworkers who are having issues to their clinic.
I received a clomid shot not sure on the cost and lab work but it was worth it.
Unfortunately I had a second ectopic pregnancy so I will never know what it's like and I always wanted to have a baby of my own and now my only option is IVF and the money is my only down fall.
Greenville

2013 - 2016
I would have like to have her [Dr. Gail Whitman-Elia] been more involved in the treatments. There wasn't a lot of involvement with her after the initial interview. She was nice and knowledgeable in the interview, and answered questions I had.... Didn't get to see her too often during IUI treatments. It was usually the nurses.
2013 - 2016
I would have like to have her been more involved in the treatments. There wasn't a lot of involvement with her after the initial interview. She was nice and knowledgeable in the interview, and answered questions I had.
Nurses were great, but it would have been nice to see the same one for treatments to build a since of knowledge of my situation.
Offer more Doctors on staff. Be available on weekends. Very clean facility, nurses, and office staff were great. Blood work techs did a wonderful job. They really went above and beyond. They really did the best to make me feel taken care of.
I had to pay out of pocket for most of the treatment. My health insurance would only give a discount. I had to pay about 200 per shot.
West Columbia
She [Dr. Whitman-Elia] explained everything to let us know where the issue was.. bad great suggestions on what I next time should be. But it was more of a money issue with the ivy treatment... Very informative with the information and explained everything throughly.. madecgreat suggestion and what else needed to be done. Asked if we had any questions or thoughts. Told us what our next treatment should be.... Ask alotbof questions and get a second option if needed
Ask alotbof questions and get a second option if needed
She explained everything to let us know where the issue was.. bad great suggestions on what I next time should be. But it was more of a money issue with the ivy treatment
Clinic and several iui . Treatments was successful
Nursing staff was very friendly
Very informative and helpful.. very knowledgeable about all the treatments.. billing department is also great and understanding . Very friendly and nice environment. Very compassionate and understanding
Not sure
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
The doctor [Dr. Gail Whitman- Elia] was very through and explained every step of each procedure. She was always asking if I was comfortable during the procedures. She made sure we were very aware of the risks involved and took the time to answer all of our questions... I can not think of any things the care team [at Advanced Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology Institute- West Columbia] could have done differently during our treatment course. They were always very up front and open. They were always very willing to answer all of our questions, no matter how crazy they may have been
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
The doctor was very through and explained every step of each procedure. She was always asking if I was comfortable during the procedures. She made sure we were very aware of the risks involved and took the time to answer all of our questions
Run as fast as you can to Dr. Whitman-Elia!
They showed that they really cared about you and helping you have a successful pregnancy.
I honestly don't remember.
I can not think of any things the care team could have done differently during our treatment course. They were always very up front and open. They were always very willing to answer all of our questions, no matter how crazy they may have been.