Not available by email
FellowshipU. of Connecticut
101 Dudley Street
Providence, RI 02905
401-274-1100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gary Frishman to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Women & Infants Hospital to a friend?
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Frishman. He is kind, intelligent and straight forward which we have always appreciated. We were hoping to use the same donor between my partner and I but that plan changed due to some unforeseen circumstances and he Personally called me to check it and make sure I was ok with this. He has guided us on this journey from testing to putting our plan in to motion. My partner carried our beautiful twins and it was all because of him and we couldn't be more grateful. We know he will continue to be apart of our journey moving forward as we add to our family.
How was your experience with Gary Frishman at Women & Infants Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Frishman at Women & Infants Hospital?
I would say going in try to think about what you are comfortable and wanting from this process. He will tell you all of the options but ultimately will not decide for you as he wants you to be comfortable and happy and a part of the journey and have some control
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Frishman at Women & Infants Hospital?
I felt like a human. He is always kind and considerate and takes his cues from me. He is blunt but yet considerate of my feelings and this process that can at times be very wearing. He always listens and always takes the time to make sure I feel like I have been heard. He's amazing and I'm glad he is part of our journey.
Describe the protocols Gary Frishman used in your cycles at Women & Infants Hospital and their degree of success.
We have been doing IUI without success unfortunately but he has followed some testing protocols to make sure that we are not missing anything. He made sure that I was ovulating through a blood test, checked my ovaries through testing, etc.
Very compassionate and knowledgeable. They were always kind and never rushed us through this process.
Describe your experience with Women & Infants Hospital.
The clinic has great staff from the first person at the desk to the last person you see at your appointment. They communicate well and always return phone calls in a timely manner. I always receive results and hear from them when they say I will. They are also very empathetic when giving negative news.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Frishman at Women & Infants Hospital.
The costs are something we have to manage with an expense account through work where the money comes out gradually throughout the year or we had to pay out of pocket once that money would run out
Describe Gary Frishman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Women & Infants Hospital.
He is very open but of course within reason. We have discussed this and have been on the same page and understand at all times. He gives the facts and benefits and harm to each of our choices and then let's us talk through them together.
Providence

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gary Frishman at Women & Infants Hospital.

2014 - 2019
He's [Dr. Frishman] not the warmest doctor, and he does talk quickly. But he takes time to explain everything and listens to concerns. ... He definitely knows what he's doing and, while not rushing us to IVF, was quick to adjust treatments when things didn't work. He is very professional and not super warm, so if I had had a long and difficult journey he may not have been my first choice. But I have nothing to complain about in my experience.
2014 - 2019
How was your experience with Gary Frishman at Women & Infants Hospital?
Dr. Frishman got us the results we wanted (a beautiful baby boy on our first round of IVF). He definitely knows what he's doing and, while not rushing us to IVF, was quick to adjust treatments when things didn't work. He is very professional and not super warm, so if I had had a long and difficult journey he may not have been my first choice. But I have nothing to complain about in my experience.
Come prepared to take notes, and bring a list of questions. He talks fast and it is easy to feel rushed.
He's not the warmest doctor, and he does talk quickly. But he takes time to explain everything and listens to concerns.
Describe your experience with Women & Infants Hospital.
It's a lovely, professional clinic. You almost never have to wait and everything is very streamlined. They seem to have a lot of success and they are careful to do all necessary tests. I never feel concerned about the level of care I will receive.
We had insurance coverage for 80%, so it actually ended up being very affordable. I think that the billing department had some tricks to make sure we got covered for most things, and we didn't pay for much except the drugs.
He strongly prefers to transfer single embryos.

PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Dr Frishman was amazing at each visit. He shared information candidly but with compassion and warmth. He made sure we fully understood everything and answered all our questions without getting annoyed. I felt like he was as invested as we were in our outcome. He was able to adjust treatment to make sure that we had a plan we were comfortable with and took the time,-l after conception, to make sure we connected with an OB who was right for us.
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gary Frishman at Women & Infants Hospital?
He goes over information quickly so come prepared with questions and take notes.
Dr Frishman always took time to answer all questions and really listened to us to develop a treatment plan that worked for us.
He removed two uterine polyps then we tried to conceive naturally for about three cycles after I had time to heal. Then we did two rounds of femara. I conceived during the second cycle.
Describe your experience with Women & Infants Hospital.
The clinic staff was responsive and always returned calls promptly. They delivered test results as soon as they were received. I always felt like a human being and not a number with every member of the team.
Insurance covered costs.