Medical SchoolU. of North Carolina
FellowshipMount Sinai
1322 Pineview Dr
Morgantown, WV 26505
304-598-3100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gary Horowitz to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Horowitz is a doctor that genuinely cares and it shows. He is open to trying new methods if one doesn't work. We are undergoing our last timed intercourse cycle before we move on to the hard stuff. He is honest and to the point. Excellent bedside manner and I would recommend him to anyone trying to have a family!...We started with the "easy" stuff (femara, trigger shot, ultrasounds, bloodwork) . If we have another unsuccessful cycle, we will be trying something else.
How was your experience with Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust him with your care. I know it's hard to let go of control especially during TTC as it is stressful and there are so many unknowns !
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He takes the time to sit with us , look us in the eye and be completely open and honest and answer all of our questions and concerns . He is excellent and very compassionate
Describe the protocols Gary Horowitz used in your cycles at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with the "easy" stuff (femara, trigger shot, ultrasounds, bloodwork) . If we have another unsuccessful cycle, we will be trying something else. I trust him and know he has our best interest at heart genuinely!
All of the nursing staff are fantastic! They all greet you by name and ask about you as a person and not a patient. They have almost become like a family. One day during one of my failed cycles, I had an emotional melt down and got some less than desirable news (I had developed cysts) and I was crying, the nurse pulled me aside and hugged me so hard and was crying with me. That meant so much to me that they actually care and she told me I could cry anytime in the office and that she wishes everyone who walks through the door to have a baby or how ever many they have been praying for!
Describe your experience with West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very clean and well organized! It is very welcoming and homey. The rooms are private and everything you need is all on one floor! They are very quick to get you in for an appointment and they are accommodating ! Always very pleasant and laid back which I like because it keeps the stress level down
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance covers all except our copay
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Horowitz was relatable and compassionate. He throughly explained all treatment processes, risks, and outcomes. He took his time during each visit to ensure that my husband and I knew what would be happening next. I couldn't ask to be under a better doctor's care... That during our next round he would add estrogen to my early Med list to help drive some of those eggs to maturity.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
He speaks quickly. So just ask him to repeat something if it isn't clear at first.
We had several consultations with Dr. Horowitz. Even after we failed to have a normal embryo after PGD Testing, he brought us in and went through what had happened, and what we can improve on. He also went through and throughly explained what he thought were our best options the next time we tried IVF.
I'm not sure at the current time. He did tell me that a few of my eggs were not as mature as the numbers stated. A few of them were in the M1 stage. That during our next round he would add estrogen to my early Med list to help drive some of those eggs to maturity.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Karen Merryman)
The nursing staff at why reproductive clinic is incredible. I started going there in April 2016 after my second miscarriage. At first Dr. Toffle was in charge of my case. He ruled out several different causes to what could be leading to my infertility. In June 2016 I fell pregnant again. I was taking progesterone supplements at the time, because he thought this could have been the reason for my miscarriage. I later miscarried July 27. From there, I received several calls of sympathy from the staff. They've been so compassionate along the way. Hugging and consoling. Making me feel as though I'm more than just a patient.
They are very organized clinic. Everyone truly cares about your wellbeing and is looking at every avenue to make sure that you have a success ful pregnancy and live birth.
We paid for the ivf and frozen embryo transfer all at one time. The cost was $15,300. In addition, we paid $3,000 to reprogenetics for our pgd testing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. horowitz is no nonsense. He likes to tell what he knows, how he knows it, and explain how he went through iVF as well so he knows what it is like. He gave me his personal cell phone number and when I called he called me back the very next day. It was nice to be able to speak with him directly when I needed too. Every time we talked about a plan he went over my previous data, drew me some diagrams, gave me the options, then handed me the paper.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Ask questions because he will be happy to answer them.
Dr. Horowitz is pretty no nonsense but he knows my back history. He gets very details with the history. He plans his treatments around me as a person and not just statistics. He also talks about his own experience with iVF which was helpful to me.
My first IVF cycle with him we did Follistim, Menopur, and Ganarelix. He put me on a higher dose of Follistim because of my low AMH level. He said while my levels were extremely low, my AFC was decent at 12 so we could still do IVF. He wasn't ready to go to donor eggs. My second cycle we tried estrogen priming with Follistim, Menopur, and Ganarelix. He added in the estrogen to try and get more eggs mature since the first round we retrieved 10 but only 5 were mature. It worked as 10 were retrieved and 8 were mature this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen is wonderful. She is very organized and either knows the answers to my questions or gets them soon. If I e-mail her I have the answer within a few hours. She calls back right away as well. She gave me her cell phone so I can call at any time.
The clinic is small and friendly. I know both doctors and all of the nurses. I don't even have to sign in because they all know who I am, my history, and what I am going through. They are caring and compassionate.
IVF cycle (transfer and retrieval) $5500 IUI's $400 Ultrasound $150